PDA

View Full Version : Georgia State may be bad, but...

Tuscon
October 13th, 2012, 02:52 PM
We're not Rhode Island bad. 41 - 7. The Donald with 201 yards on the ground. Nice to see us with a win finally.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 13th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Giving your best offensive player the ball more. What a concept!
xnodx

Tuscon
October 13th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Giving your best offensive player the ball more. What a concept!
xnodx

Don't I know it. We can't figure out what the hell is wrong with our OC. He was averaging something like 5.2 ypc or something before today and was getting sub 15 carries per game for whatever reason. Today he got 21.

kdinva
October 13th, 2012, 04:21 PM
We're not Rhode Island bad. 41 - 7. The Donald with 201 yards on the ground. Nice to see us with a win finally.

nice goin'.........didn't see URI losing at home by 34

UNH Fanboi
October 13th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Congrats on your first and likely only CAA win. Feel bad for Rhody.

HailSzczur
October 13th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Congrats Georgia St. Only one way to shut up the nay sayers giving the team hell is too win. I know URI is god awful, but none the less a win is a win. Be prepared to get crushed next weekend though. :D

Tribal
October 13th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Indeed, nice convincing win for GA State...aw, hell, you won so let's call you GSU for a day. Gotta laugh at how some GSU fans are acting like had the team played the first 6 like they played today, things would have been different. Umm, no...it's Rhody.

Tuscon
October 14th, 2012, 03:47 AM
It's still nice to win so convincingly. It wasn't the game y'all thought it would be(see CAA pick 'em thread). Our team has it's ups and downs and RI and UT were ups. We basically shut out a CAA team.

Laserlips
October 14th, 2012, 07:13 AM
It's still nice to win so convincingly. It wasn't the game y'all thought it would be(see CAA pick 'em thread). Our team has it's ups and downs and RI and UT were ups. We basically shut out a CAA team.

Tuscon:

Glad to see the Panthers win one, and in decisive fashion..xthumbsupx

Hang in there, wins won't get any easier for the remaining games, but you never know? Good luck for the rest of the season from this Georgia Southern fan.

J.

DSUrocks07
October 14th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Congrats on your first and likely only CAA win. Feel bad for Rhody.

Same here. Weren't they actually winning games when they were heading for the NEC? Now they're staying it looks like they're resuming their role as the doormat of the CAA.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Mountaineer#96
October 14th, 2012, 07:18 AM
RI should stop playing, NOW.

AppMan
October 14th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Nothing personal here, but it would have been kinda funny to see a team go into FBS without a conference win.

eaglewraith
October 14th, 2012, 10:12 AM

Before this season started, this was the only game I gave ya'll a chance in.

But let's not get worked up too much into a tizzy about it. It was still a REALLY bad team you beat.

I still see a bunch of questions regarding Ga State, no real answers. What happens moving forward is the true test. Was it just because URI is THAT bad, or did something change on the team?

Tuscon
October 14th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Before this season started, this was the only game I gave ya'll a chance in.

But let's not get worked up too much into a tizzy about it. It was still a REALLY bad team you beat.

I still see a bunch of questions regarding Ga State, no real answers. What happens moving forward is the true test. Was it just because URI is THAT bad, or did something change on the team?

I understand URI is an exceptionally bad team, but so are we. Not getting "into a tizzy". I'll celebrate my win though. Especially since it might be the only one we get.

The real answers we got today is we can get into a game fast with The Donald running the ball, but for whatever reason our OC doesn't do it. He likes to try and force the passing game early in the game, then gives up on running the ball because we're "too far behind".

I honestly believe the talent on this team should have had us winning a lot more games this season. The team stinks because of coaching.

GlassOnion
October 14th, 2012, 10:39 AM
How many scholarships does RI play with?

Tim James
October 14th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Still was a pretty decent crowd for URI. They drew over 6,000+ and their previous home game they drew only 3,000+.Must have been a shock for Georgia State to play in a stadium worse than a typical Georgia high school stadium since they're used to the Georgia Dome.

Mountaineer#96
October 14th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Still was a pretty decent crowd for URI. They drew over 6,000+ and their previous home game they drew only 3,000+.Must have been a shock for Georgia State to play in a stadium worse than a typical Georgia high school stadium since they're used to the Georgia Dome.

Likely all showing to see them have a chance at a win. Too bad they couldn't pull up the knickers against an awful Ga State squad.

SpeedkingATL
October 14th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Nice win. You deserve one Tuscon.

Tribal
October 14th, 2012, 07:23 PM

I picked you guys to win your first few FCS games but gave up on that a couple of weeks ago xsmiley_wix

Tribal
October 14th, 2012, 07:31 PM
I understand URI is an exceptionally bad team, but so are we. Not getting "into a tizzy". I'll celebrate my win though. Especially since it might be the only one we get.

Ha ha ha ha ha...thanks, Tuscon, you just made me spit Caffeine-Free Diet Coke all over my laptop. Might? LMAO.

(HC) Nova
@ JMU
ODU
@ Maine

Good luck with that...

Tuscon
October 15th, 2012, 09:35 AM
http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-state-sports/2012/10/15/gsus-russell-named-caa-player-of-the-week/?cxntfid=blogs_georgia_state_sports

And The Donald gets CAA Offensive Player of the Week.

Gringer1
October 15th, 2012, 09:37 AM
He's obviously not a bad player, but do you think some of your guys might be giving him a bit too much credit? Some of them are saying he's a definite NFL player. When most of your games are blowout losses, you should expect the running back to be able to get good yards against a prevent defense.

Tuscon
October 15th, 2012, 10:31 AM
He's obviously not a bad player, but do you think some of your guys might be giving him a bit too much credit? Some of them are saying he's a definite NFL player. When most of your games are blowout losses, you should expect the running back to be able to get good yards against a prevent defense.

I am not one that subscribes to the NFL thing for him. I've only heard that once or twice over on PantherTalk(and it might've been panama both times). He does deserve a lot of credit though. Our OL is absolutely atrocious. You can see our QB never gets any time to get a pass off and is usually running for his life on every play, but Russell seems to be able to get the yards regardless. Despite that terrible OL he's averaging 106.1 yards per game. I'd say that's pretty darn impressive.