PDA

View Full Version : If Colorado goes 1-11 does coach bohl get a call?

LakesBison
October 11th, 2012, 10:10 PM
I'm watching Colorado, they are horrible, hell Colorado St beat them.

I am a believer that coach bohl will stay at NDSU til retirement , good money, king of town, wife is here and son is playing across the river.

But if I'm a buff booster, and I want someone who knows how to beat my rival, well bohl did that.

Reign of Terrier
October 11th, 2012, 10:12 PM
That's actually not that stupid of an idea in my opinion. For what my opinion is worth of course.

LakesBison
October 11th, 2012, 10:23 PM
I heard it in a couple places, so I figured I'd post it so then the local media can steal it from me.

laxVik
October 11th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Wrong or right Colorado would be questioned if they hired a not so known coach considering the amount of name coaches that have been hired in the pac 12 recently.

Vitojr130
October 11th, 2012, 11:02 PM
I'm watching Colorado, they are horrible, hell Colorado St beat them.

I am a believer that coach bohl will stay at NDSU til retirement , good money, king of town, wife is here and son is playing across the river.

But if I'm a buff booster, and I want someone who knows how to beat my rival, well bohl did that.

If you want to go this route, there are 4 other head coaches who have figured out Colorado's biggest rival as well... If Bohl is who he is making himself out to be, it would take a LOT to uproot this guy. You are right, he has good money, good fame, his family is settled in here, etc. etc.... A team as terrible as Colorado would need to pull together a lot of resources to get a Bohl-type coach there...

LakesBison
October 11th, 2012, 11:25 PM
51-17 asu over Colorado. Maybe 3000 fans left in stadium, wow.

Colorado coach embree $725,000
NDSU coach $200,000 + $85,000 with playoff incentives.

Vitojr130
October 11th, 2012, 11:42 PM
51-17 asu over Colorado. Maybe 3000 fans left in stadium, wow.

Colorado coach embree $725,000
NDSU coach $200,000 + $85,000 with playoff incentives.

He also get's incentives for conference wins (not sure how much though) and 3% of the gross revenue for ticket sales. That 3% could be upwards of about $85,000 for the regular season alone. Because I don't want to do the research and just want a quick guess, I took 3% of (18,500 x $25 x 6 home games) and got $83,250 for the regular season alone. Add a few playoff games and this number easily goes above $100,000. If Bohl makes another championship run, his salary could potentially reach $400,000.

LakesBison
October 11th, 2012, 11:45 PM
I did put the $85,000 in.... Are you joe Biden ?

UNIFanSince1983
October 11th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Teams would be stupid not to call him. However, I would be willing to bet he has been called before. Although I think Colorado is a good job I doubt he would take that job. Especially as a Nebraska guy.

Vitojr130
October 11th, 2012, 11:48 PM
I did put the $85,000 in.... Are you joe Biden ?

Well you made it appear that the $85,000 you mentioned is for playoff incentives, not the 3% of ticket sales.

LakesBison
October 12th, 2012, 12:05 AM
Just messin with ya fellow falls neighbor

frozennorth
October 12th, 2012, 02:56 AM
i don't think bohl goes anywhere except to a marque program, most likely in the big10, as the footprint is NDSU's existing recruiting area. Going to a dumpster fire like colorado is a sure way to be unemployed in 3 years.

embree's predecessor probably did the best demolition job of a program in years, worse than brewster (who actually had reasonable talent lying around) and probably on par with WSU.

Laker
October 12th, 2012, 07:52 AM
embree's predecessor probably did the best demolition job of a program in years, worse than brewster (who actually had reasonable talent lying around) and probably on par with WSU.

It is hard for me to imagine anyone worse than Brewster (Get your chili hot!). At least Hawkins won at Boise- but you are right, he had more talent at CU than at the U of M.

laxVik
October 12th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Bohl who? There's no one in FBS land that even knows who he is. He is not marque. He's not going to a big time FBS program period because that's all they care about.

darell1976
October 12th, 2012, 08:20 AM
If Bohl were to leave NDSU...who would step up in Bohl's place? Would they go after DI coaches or pick former players. Any ideas?

Laker
October 12th, 2012, 08:24 AM
I don't think that Gary Barnett is coaching anywhere right now- he might be available. Rick Neuheisel, too. ;)

NDSUstudent
October 12th, 2012, 08:34 AM
If Bohl were to leave NDSU...who would step up in Bohl's place? Would they go after DI coaches or pick former players. Any ideas?

Gus Bradley. I still do not think Bohl will leave NDSU. Big fish small pond kind of thing. That is just me though.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 12th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Gus Bradley. I still do not think Bohl will leave NDSU. Big fish small pond kind of thing. That is just me though.

Agreed, he married a local girl with a good career, making a **** ton of money for the area, has a perfect opportunity to get a building named after him. Like mentioned above, plenty of Neuheisel's and Willingham's out there on the BCS dustheap

Professor Chaos
October 12th, 2012, 08:59 AM
xlolx

Gus Bradley will not be coming back to NDSU anytime soon. He's going to be getting looked at for NFL head coaching jobs very soon. I would guess if he's not making 7 figures as Seattle's D coordinator right now he's very close.

wapiti
October 12th, 2012, 09:36 AM

I make a guess that Hauck will be available. (Former UM coach and current UNLV coach.)

LakesBison
October 12th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Todd wash or Tim polosak would be next coach.

Laxviv - Bohl was def coord of natl champ Nebraska....FBS schools know who he is.

I WANT BOHL TO STAY......I'm just lettin you know the 2 rumors I heard, $725k - $800k is hard to pass up

Uncle Rico's Clan
October 12th, 2012, 10:58 AM
I make a guess that Hauck will be available. (Former UM coach and current UNLV coach.)

It'll be interesting to see where he ends up, I was surprised when he first took the UNLV job. It's a tough place to win.