PDA

View Full Version : Once a Bison,Always a Bison

justintyem
October 11th, 2012, 03:25 AM
xthumbsupxxhighfivexxxmasxFARGO – North Dakota State football players and coaches are concentrating on Saturday’s game with Indiana State. At the same time, it appears a good chunk of Bison fans are looking beyond.The NCAA said Wednesday only 559 tickets currently available to the general public....... http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/376969/

fatmonarch
October 11th, 2012, 05:37 AM
Must be nice having tickets available to the general public.

bisonboone11
October 11th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Not sure if that was supposed to be a jab at NDSU or the FCS in general, because I believe the tickets that justin was referring to are for the national championship game in Frisco. If you were assuming he meant for the NDSU game, every home game was sold out within a few hours of them going on sale back in August.

moosbah
October 11th, 2012, 08:22 AM

Swing and a miss.xoopsx

NoDak 4 Ever
October 11th, 2012, 09:12 AM

This will be for the National Championship game, you needn't worry.

344Johnson
October 11th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Not sure what the objective of this thread is, but whatever it is, I don't like it.

da_Bison
October 11th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Not sure what the objective of this thread is, but whatever it is, I don't like it.

+1000

McNeese75
October 11th, 2012, 09:40 AM

Looks to me like your loose cannon is running wild and nobody has been able to reel him in. xdontknowx

Vitojr130
October 11th, 2012, 09:41 AM

+100 Internetz for the both of yee.

LakesBison
October 11th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Sorry america NDSU bought all the tickets oopps

Ps i like pat simmers comments however WHY AREN'T THESE PEOPLE DONATING $50 EXTRA TO NDSU?

6000 X $50 = $300, 000 WE MUST FINISH THE BASKETBALL ARENA !

mgbison
October 11th, 2012, 09:48 AM
The title of the thread and the article referenced don't match. Basically, there was an article in the Fargo paper stating that only 500 some tickets remain for the national championship game and that people with a ND zip code have snatched up a majority of them. it talks about the demand and putting the cart before the horse, etc. Its a pretty good read actually. Maybe change the thread title to Frisco ticket situation or something close to that.

LakesBison
October 11th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Did they check Minnesota addresses ? I know plenty

Thundar
October 11th, 2012, 10:00 AM
I don't get the title at all

Bisonoline
October 11th, 2012, 11:00 AM
What the heck does the title have to do with tickets to the N?C game?

Professor Chaos
October 11th, 2012, 11:44 AM
I don't get the title at all

What the heck does the title have to do with tickets to the N?C game?
Agree, this actually is something that other FCS fans would be interested to read I think but due to the thread title they'll probably dismiss it as another Bison slurping thread and breeze over it.

DJKyR0
October 11th, 2012, 11:54 AM
another Bison slurping thread

Would they be far off the mark?

steelbison
October 11th, 2012, 12:01 PM

Wow..why be such a jackass???

Have some class!!!!! Bison fans, there is a LOT of season left....I sure hope the team isn't thinking like this or we are in big trouble.....

DJKyR0
October 11th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Have some class!!!!! Bison fans, there is a LOT of season left....I sure hope the team isn't thinking like this or we are in big trouble.....

We aren't the ones on the field.

Vitojr130
October 11th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Wow..why be such a jackass???

Well fatmonarch kind of came off as a dbag, so NoDak responded with a witty comment. I don't think the Bison fanbase needs a lesson in class... (okay, there are a few like Lakes and Mpls that are lacking in that department)

Silenoz
October 11th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Okay, now I kind of want a Wofford vs Northern Arizona championship where 500 people show up and all the Bison fans are stuck with those tickets xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
October 11th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Well fatmonarch kind of came off as a dbag, so NoDak responded with a witty comment. I don't think the Bison fanbase needs a lesson in class... (okay, there are a few like Lakes and Mpls that are lacking in that department)

Thanks for the backup.

Believe me, I check the dbags on the Bison side as well. I am an antagonistic smartass, sometimes out of line but I'm hardly a jackass.

not only did fatmonarch misunderstand the OP but he decided, without knowing any facts, to come out with a snarky comment. One that was incorrect and silly. Instead of just saying "that's dumb" I needled a little.

Thundar
October 11th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Okay, now I kind of want a Wofford vs Northern Arizona championship where 500 people show up and all the Bison fans are stuck with those tickets xlolx

I for one am prepared to lose my $30, to avoid the same possible crap that went down last year, I at least will sell them at face value opposed to the over priced ticket brokers that were snatching up these tickets

HandoEX
October 11th, 2012, 12:50 PM
I would much rather potentially waste the $60 I spent our row two seats, than having to scramble and worry for weeks to find out if tickets are going to be available for me.

If the seats weren't so cheap, I would be on the same page as you. Face on our row 1 tickets from last year were a whopping $24.50. My bro-in-law has 28 seats for the upcoming title game. The risk is worth the reward.

Professor Chaos
October 11th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Would they be far off the mark?
Maybe not, but it would make for good discussion with the east coasters who were so upset that the game was moved to Frisco and declared that it would never be as well attended as it was in Chatty.

BisonBacker
October 11th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Looks to me like your loose cannon is running wild and nobody has been able to reel him in. xdontknowx

This^^^^^^ He's a Johnny come lately. Not that there is anything wrong with being a new fan but man show some class.

NDSUstudent
October 11th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Sorry america NDSU bought all the tickets oopps

Ps i like pat simmers comments however WHY AREN'T THESE PEOPLE DONATING $50 EXTRA TO NDSU?

6000 X $50 = $300, 000 WE MUST FINISH THE BASKETBALL ARENA !

Fire Saul and I will donate to the arena.

THE HERD
October 11th, 2012, 01:09 PM
I bought my tickets knowing full well it is only half way thru the season and that just about anything can happen that could keep us from getting back to Frisco, but just as many others have said......I don't have a problem losing 30 bucks if we don't make it back and for some reason couldn't sell them. There have only been a precious few that have went back to back in the FCS, so odds are probably that we don't make it back to Frisco, just due to all the variables that exist. After the fiasco last year, when I paid 85 for a ticket I have no problem betting thirty measley bucks on the Bison to make it back to Frisco.

THE HERD
October 11th, 2012, 01:14 PM
This^^^^^^ He's a Johnny come lately. Not that there is anything wrong with being a new fan but man show some class.

I agree with the fact that this didn't have to be posted on AGS or any other national website. Although I have no problem with people betting on their team to get back to the championship game and buying a few tickets, especially when its only 30 bucks or so.

LakesBison
October 11th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Oh REALLY VITO? seriouslY? i thought we talked this out already, I TELL THE TRUTH, not cockiness and mpls isnt a bison fan. completely off base dude.

is there a reason the thread title hasnt been changed? im just asking, thanks!

Vitojr130
October 11th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Fire Saul and I will donate to the arena.

Can of worms = opened.

This is a football thread. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

Oh REALLY VITO? seriouslY? i thought we talked this out already, I TELL THE TRUTH, not cockiness and mpls isnt a bison fan. completely off base dude.

is there a reason the thread title hasnt been changed? im just asking, thanks!

Haha okay, I'll give you this much: As of lately, Lakes has been much better than the pre-ban era. Mpls has not improved whatsoever, though.

LakesBison
October 11th, 2012, 02:42 PM
speak up hando!! should we start tailgating tonight?

HandoEX
October 11th, 2012, 02:46 PM
speak up hando!! should we start tailgating tonight?

I accidentally called someone out for completely misunderstanding who they were talking about. Whoops. Post deleted!

Don't know if I will be tailgating this weekend, not enough entertainment last time. As the #1 tailgating hype man out there, can you step it up a bit on Saturday? If so, I'll start now. Pump it up!

LakesBison
October 11th, 2012, 02:54 PM
oh... really? I only brought 12 bitches last time ... cripes... would it help if they were more drunk?

justintyem
October 11th, 2012, 03:02 PM
The whole point of the name of the thread is and was............... With the large amount of the NC tickets being own by NDSU Bison Fans,it shows ONCE A BISON,ALWAYS A BISON................ Everybody that has those abilities will be there!!!! Nothing more,nothing less on the name of the thread. My Bad if doesnt sound right.

Darlinikki150
October 11th, 2012, 03:04 PM
oh... really? I only brought 12 bitches last time ... cripes... would it help if they were more drunk?

We bought our Tix for Frisco also, call it wishful thinking. 30$ is no biggie for peace of mind knowing you have a Tix just in case.

HandoEX
October 11th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Do what you gotta do bud. Turn the volume to 11 if you have to. Whatever happened to the jello wrestling ring anyways? Lol

LakesBison
October 11th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Yea, im still thinking of cray papering the windows and having DAYGLOW!!

Apphole
October 11th, 2012, 03:38 PM
God I'm tired of these Canadiens taking up space on the discussion forum with a thread about every NDSU related article ever written. It's like a whole fanbase of Canadian ChattownMocs, but you actually have a winning team.

frozennorth
October 11th, 2012, 03:42 PM
God I'm tired of these Canadiens taking up space on the discussion forum with a thread about every NDSU related article ever written. It's like a whole fanbase of Canadian ChattownMocs, but you actually have a winning team.

your just mad that its not a forum full threads about every app state article ever written. xslapfightx

Twentysix
October 11th, 2012, 03:42 PM

When your dentures come in, you can take on the local accent and try and attend incognito. ;)

Till then, having only 3 teeth will make you stick out.

Apphole
October 11th, 2012, 03:43 PM
When your dentures come in, you can take on the local accent and try and attend incognito. ;)

I'd be happy to teach your fanbase how to tailgate

Apphole
October 11th, 2012, 03:44 PM
your just mad that its not a forum full threads about every app state article ever written. xslapfightx

I suppose it was back in the 3peat years. I was a wee 18 years old for the third straight. I had yet to discover the majesty of anygivensaturday.com. Hell of a freshman year though.

344Johnson
October 11th, 2012, 04:38 PM

I don't like when new threads are started on Teh Herd by our guys all the time either. This is slowly becoming Bisonville, which would be cool and all if it didn't already exist, and if this wasn't a national FCS forum.

Close thread mods. please....

HandoEX
October 11th, 2012, 05:44 PM
I don't like when new threads are started on Teh Herd by our guys all the time either. This is slowly becoming Bisonville, which would be cool and all if it didn't already exist, and if this wasn't a national FCS forum.

Just be thankful that the worst of our own is on vacation for a little bit longer.

FCS teams with larger fan bases will always explode on AGS when they win titles. Most of us are decent, some are like annoying little brothers (this means you, 344Johnson :p).

Why open threads with "NDSU" or "Bison" in the title if you don't want to read the about Bison topics? Was the title of this thread not straight forward enough to tell anyone that its was about NDSU?

Jacked_Rabbit
October 11th, 2012, 08:03 PM

Agreed. This thread has turned into a pointless - waste of time - discussion. That's why I showed up to post in it. xnodx Please close so we can all move on with our boring lives.

LakesBison
October 11th, 2012, 09:58 PM
Haha. That is all.

344Johnson
October 11th, 2012, 10:39 PM
some are like annoying little brothers (this means you, 344Johnson :p).

Why open threads with "NDSU" or "Bison" in the title if you don't want to read the about Bison topics? Was the title of this thread not straight forward enough to tell anyone that its was about NDSU?

I am the youngest of three! being the annoying brother is my purpose.

You raise a good point about not having to open the thread, too tough to NOT open it in case it is worthwhile.

DJKyR0
October 11th, 2012, 10:43 PM
The whole point of the name of the thread is and was............... With the large amount of the NC tickets being own by NDSU Bison Fans,it shows ONCE A BISON,ALWAYS A BISON................ Everybody that has those abilities will be there!!!! Nothing more,nothing less on the name of the thread. My Bad if doesnt sound right.

I'm actually more confused after you explained it.

BisonFan02
October 11th, 2012, 11:21 PM
I accidentally called someone out for completely misunderstanding who they were talking about. Whoops. Post deleted!

Don't know if I will be tailgating this weekend, not enough entertainment last time. As the #1 tailgating hype man out there, can you step it up a bit on Saturday? If so, I'll start now. Pump it up!

Yuengling Boot....already bootlegged more supply of it for this Saturday. Did you guys get that cable fixed in the FC?

LakesBison
October 11th, 2012, 11:28 PM
We have cable??? There will be chocks for wheels so we don't rock it too much

tjamz
October 11th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Yuengling Boot....already bootlegged more supply of it for this Saturday. Did you guys get that cable fixed in the FC?

System wiring has been upgraded from a single 4 gauge wire to a 4 gauge and a 1/0 gauge wire.

We really need another subwoofer on the bus and another amp to run it.

justintyem
October 12th, 2012, 12:03 AM
I'm actually more confused after you explained it.Bison fans or former players "NEVER" leave their family,and they will TRAVEL Everywhere and anywhere!!! Does this sound better??? BTW-I confuse myself often,xdizzyx

Bisonoline
October 12th, 2012, 12:35 AM
Bison fans or former players "NEVER" leave their family,and they will TRAVEL Everywhere and anywhere!!! Does this sound better??? BTW-I confuse myself often,xdizzyx

I think you are off the mark. But you are a newcomer and thats understandable.

Let me try---but its hard to explain--its a mind set, a state of being, its about tradition and so much more. For those that understand it and GET IT no explanation is needed. For those that dont really understand it there is no way to explain it. Its just a saying.
It really has nothing to do with traveling etc.

penguinpower
October 12th, 2012, 06:59 AM

+1^^^^^^^

kalm
October 12th, 2012, 07:27 AM
A Bison fan posted the same article on The Red Zone as well. After skimming this thread, I find the title amazingly accurate. xzzzzx

Thundar
October 12th, 2012, 07:57 AM
A Bison fan posted the same article on The Red Zone as well. After skimming this thread, I find the title amazingly accurate. xzzzzx

What the hell is the red zone?

kalm
October 12th, 2012, 08:09 AM
What the hell is the red zone?

Well your fan that posted it there goes by Yellowstreak. What the hell is a yellow streak?

Winindy
October 12th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Well your fan that posted it there goes by Yellowstreak. What the hell is a yellow streak?

It can't be good.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 12th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, what is wrong with you people? This is an interesting story and all anyone has done is piss all over the OP and the title. It's been viewed over 2000 times so no one is confused over the content of the thread.

The NC game is sold out, to everybody. This is a game that drew 13k 2 years ago. Nobody even knows who will be in the friggin playoffs and the NC is sold out. There are either going to be a lot of lucky fans or a lot of scrambling to get rid of tickets come December.

That has to be at least a little more interesting than Wofford or the Ivy league.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 12th, 2012, 10:00 AM

It can't be good.

Sounds like something that happens after a long night of eating wings and drinking microbrewed tap beer... Or is this orangestreak?

LakesBison
October 12th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Who is yellow streak?

da_Bison
October 12th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Who is yellow streak?

he's a whioux fan and is posting it everywhere. its also on the GSU board

kalm
October 12th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, what is wrong with you people? This is an interesting story and all anyone has done is piss all over the OP and the title. It's been viewed over 2000 times so no one is confused over the content of the thread.

The NC game is sold out, to everybody. This is a game that drew 13k 2 years ago. Nobody even knows who will be in the friggin playoffs and the NC is sold out. There are either going to be a lot of lucky fans or a lot of scrambling to get rid of tickets come December.

That has to be at least a little more interesting than Wofford or the Ivy league.

Neat.

LakesBison
October 12th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Yellow streak= MPLS?

Hambone
October 12th, 2012, 12:04 PM
he's a whioux fan and is posting it everywhere. its also on the GSU board

I doubt it's a UND fan. There is a yellowstreak that has been posting on bisonville for a few years. As a Bison fan. Unless it's a fake.

gotts
October 12th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Yellow streak= MPLS?

No, thats BrownStreak

LakesBison
October 12th, 2012, 12:39 PM
rimshot to gotts!

HandoEX
October 12th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Yellow Streak is a Bison fan and a good poster on BV. I would appreciate hearing about this if another team's fans bought all the remaining seats, especially if I was a fan of a legit contender like GSU or EWU.

RabidRabbit
October 12th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Article was interesting, but certainly pales in comparison to the length of bs post here xnodxxcoffeex

Can this make 10 pages.

When the Jacks make the title game, I know where I'll post to get tix! :D

NoDak 4 Ever
October 12th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Article was interesting, but certainly pales in comparison to the length of bs post here xnodxxcoffeex

Can this make 10 pages.

When the Jacks make the title game, I know where I'll post to get tix! :D

By that time you'll be able to send email with your mind.

344Johnson
October 13th, 2012, 02:30 AM
By that time you'll be able to send email with your mind.

LOL by that time maybe they'll blow a couple more huge leads to Montana. I joke. I cheer for SDSU every week that isn't NDSU week.

frozennorth
October 13th, 2012, 04:04 AM
SDSU and NDSU are creepily bromantic

LakesBison
October 13th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Yea, but the funny thing about NDSU SDSU rivalry is. On game days (and week leading up) we HATE each other, means things are said. But moment the game is over, we all party together. It's respectful.

CID1990
October 13th, 2012, 09:51 AM
I thought this thread was about my wife's alma mater; Bucknell.

344Johnson
October 13th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Yea, but the funny thing about NDSU SDSU rivalry is. On game days (and week leading up) we HATE each other, means things are said. But moment the game is over, we all party together. It's respectful.

There is more hate between me and my little cousins playing hopskotch than there is between NDSU/SDSU fans. Don't try to pump up any hate.

Vitojr130
October 13th, 2012, 12:14 PM
There is more hate between me and my little cousins playing hopskotch than there is between NDSU/SDSU fans. Don't try to pump up any hate.

Whoa buddy don't kid yourself here. On NDSU/SDSU game days, there's definitely enough hate going around. A few years back, the marching band went down to SDSU to play for the halftime show. Let's just say we had to have a police escort off the field because of a certain teams fans. Let me repeat that: Our MARCHING BAND, a group of harmless individuals who would do no bad to any SDSU fans, had to be escorted off because our safety was at risk...

Thundar
October 13th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Whoa buddy don't kid yourself here. On NDSU/SDSU game days, there's definitely enough hate going around. A few years back, the marching band went down to SDSU to play for the halftime show. Let's just say we had to have a police escort off the field because of a certain teams fans. Let me repeat that: Our MARCHING BAND, a group of harmless individuals who would do no bad to any SDSU fans, had to be escorted off because our safety was at risk...

Those vicious bunnies......que the appropriate video now

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DXcxKIJTb3Hg