PDA

View Full Version : Indiana State Turn around?

TheGateway
May 30th, 2005, 11:28 PM
They have a whole new coaching and athletic director, it seems they are trying to make changes for the better. As far as athletes they have a new QB that is very good and some good recruits that could come in and help right away especially there latest signee. They lost a few close games last year that they could have won if there was more discipline and structure like there will be there this fall.The experience will be there I just hope the wins will too.

ISUMatt
May 31st, 2005, 07:20 AM
Better, Damn we already lost to the Trees in OT last year!!!

Pantherpower
May 31st, 2005, 08:07 PM
TheGateway, welcome to the board! It would be nice to see the Sycamores rebound.

TheGateway
May 31st, 2005, 09:45 PM
TheGateway, welcome to the board! It would be nice to see the Sycamores rebound.

Thanks. If they do rebound it would be good for the league as well.

purduecrum
June 3rd, 2005, 08:26 PM
They have a whole new coaching and athletic director, it seems they are trying to make changes for the better. As far as athletes they have a new QB that is very good and some good recruits that could come in and help right away especially there latest signee. They lost a few close games last year that they could have won if there was more discipline and structure like there will be there this fall.The experience will be there I just hope the wins will too.

I'm wondering what ISU is thinkng scheduling I-A teams for the next three years? I know there is no bowl game on the line, but in a conference where you'd be lucky to get 2 or 3 wins the last thing you need heading in to conference play is to be stomped by a I-A opponent for the payday. I know the MAC probably isn't offering the same $$$ as the Big 10 or Big 12, but it would be a game that ISU could have some hope going in to the game and perhaps a close loss would say something about the team versus a 40-50 point losses against Texas Tech, Purdue, and Indiana in the next three years.

I applaud the EIU and Murray State games. St. Francis should be a W. I think a 5-6 performance would be an indication of things to come, don't let the misery versus I-A bring it all down.

See you in Ross-Ade in '06.

Paladin1aa
June 5th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Your new coach,Lou West, is a Youngstown area guy ( Niles ) . INS is going nowhere this year, but give Lou a couple of years recruiting.

They may surprise.