PDA

View Full Version : Richmond @ New Hampshire

Mattymc727
October 9th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Its homecoming at UNH. I know nothing about Richmond and they scare me because they are flying under the radar. I figure we might get better scouting and discussion here than over on the UNH boards. Anyone have any thoughts on matchups or scores?

kdinva
October 9th, 2012, 03:13 PM
QB John Laub is a good enough runner that you better know where he is on the roll outs (isn't afraid to run it up the middle as well), Ben Edwards is a receiver who always finds gaps in the Def. coverage. He can quietly finish the game w/9+ catches. UR again has good TE's that you better cover inside the 10 yard line, or on 3rd and 3 type situations. Fine team defense, Taylor is an NFL caliper DB.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 9th, 2012, 04:53 PM
I don't know a ton about UNH, other than what I saw in the 2H of their ODU game. That game was so ridiculous that I don't know what you can take away.

I think we'll see two well-coached teams that can put points on the board but also make plays on defense.

I agree that we are under the radar. A big win on Saturday puts us on the radar. I like our chances.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 9th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Kdinva has our personnel pegged pretty well.

I'll only add that our OL has only allowed 1 sack through 6 games. A massive improvement over the last couple seasons.

Engineer86
October 9th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Was this game included in the separation Saturday thread? It is a match up of two teams with very similar resumes and may play a big role in clearing up the pecking order. Great game.

UNH Fanboi
October 9th, 2012, 05:11 PM
If you look at the stats for the games against common opponents (ODU and GaSt), UNH performed much better in both games despite the similar point differentials.

I think UNH has a much more potent and balanced offense. I don't see us losing at the dungeon on homecoming.

32counter
October 9th, 2012, 06:22 PM
If you look at the stats for the games against common opponents (ODU and GaSt), UNH performed much better in both games despite the similar point differentials.

I think UNH has a much more potent and balanced offense. I don't see us losing at the dungeon on homecoming.

UR woke up vs ODU at halftime,and began subbing in 2nd Q vs GaState.Tough to win in Durham especially games that start at noon in high 40's low 50 temps with a wind.All that foliage may be a distraction this time of year.UNH still plays the Chip Kelly play book-quick passes to flanks and using wide sweeps. They have a back who is built low to the ground.If the game were played in the trenches UR wins.UNH will try to neutralize Spider physicality with motion,quickness and speed.UNH QB is given a ton of flexibility in order to run its offense.Their original starter Goldrich got injured vs Minnesota and that fill-in is as capable if not more so than Goldrich.

paward
October 9th, 2012, 06:43 PM
We love playing teams on their homecoming. We travel with a float in the case it's needed. xrotatehx

spdram
October 9th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Should be a great game, expect UNH to be favored at home on Homecoming. But it would not be the first Homecoming the Spiders had ruined for the hometown fans. Only game I have seen UNH was the ODU game and in spite of the score I felt like the SPiders did better against the Monarchs. Young Spiders spotted ODU big time and came back with a shot to win at the end. UNH went up and failed in their quest.

WrenFGun
October 10th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Should be a great game, expect UNH to be favored at home on Homecoming. But it would not be the first Homecoming the Spiders had ruined for the hometown fans. Only game I have seen UNH was the ODU game and in spite of the score I felt like the SPiders did better against the Monarchs. Young Spiders spotted ODU big time and came back with a shot to win at the end. UNH went up and failed in their quest.

..UNH had the ball at the ODU 45 with :20 to go before throwing a late INT. They were driving to tie with a FG as time expired.

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 10th, 2012, 06:41 AM
All that foliage may be a distraction this time of year.

You're kidding right?

Mattymc727
October 10th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Ill be at the game. As me and the boys are taking the truck out at 5am for homecoming. Lots of excitement in this area for homecoming this weekend so I expect a pretty good crowd. I think UR fans under estimate the UNH ground game, because of our past history. I also think UNH fans underestimate the UR defense. That will be the matchup I want to see most. Hopefully UNH has the defense that showed up in the second half of the Delaware game. If UNH can creat pressure, and be successful running the ball, than I like our chances. It should be a tight game, and hopefully it comes down to the wire, have to love those games.

UNH72Plus
October 10th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Looking forward to this one, it should be a great game. Some friends who have two kids attending Richmond will be attending so I'm hoping to have a reason to gloat! The stats look pretty even, although UNH does seem to have an edge with the running game - three solid running backs, a mobile QB, and a wide receiver (Harris) who can run the reverse. On paper, the two teams look pretty even in pass defense (Richmond ranked #103 - 258 ypg and UNH #113 - 278 ypg), but of you discount ODU, UNH has only allowed 188 ypg. The weather looks to be pretty good, sunny and mid-50's. All things considered, should be a great day for football.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 10th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Ill be at the game. As me and the boys are taking the truck out at 5am for homecoming. Lots of excitement in this area for homecoming this weekend so I expect a pretty good crowd. I think UR fans under estimate the UNH ground game, because of our past history. I also think UNH fans underestimate the UR defense. That will be the matchup I want to see most. Hopefully UNH has the defense that showed up in the second half of the Delaware game. If UNH can creat pressure, and be successful running the ball, than I like our chances. It should be a tight game, and hopefully it comes down to the wire, have to love those games.

I don't think Richmond fans are underestimating any facet of the UNH team.

We know it will take a huge performance for Richmond to win. I think the Spiders will deliver that performance.

URMite
October 10th, 2012, 02:58 PM
I don't know a ton about UNH, other than what I saw in the 2H of their ODU game. That game was so ridiculous that I don't know what you can take away.

I think we'll see two well-coached teams that can put points on the board but also make plays on defense.

I agree that we are under the radar. A big win on Saturday puts us on the radar. I like our chances.

I think you'd be more scared of UNH if all you saw was the 1st half against ODU instead of the 2nd half. As a matter of fact, if someone only saw the 1st half of both of our games against ODU, they wouldn't give us a chance.