PDA

View Full Version : PHOTO: YSU @ NDSU aerial photo of tailgating lot

BisonFan02
October 8th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Photo from NDSU Facebook page. Pretty good photo for those that haven't seen the new paved lot yet.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/487933_10151269900714532_1295755628_n.jpg

Grizalltheway
October 8th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Great pic, looks like a blast. xthumbsupx

BisonFan02
October 8th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Great pic, looks like a blast. xthumbsupx

A few folks were pretty nervous about the paved lot at first, but it made the lot way more organized than before. On top of that, we are due for some nasty tailgating weather (knock on wood), and that is a mess with the grass we had before.

Grizalltheway
October 8th, 2012, 08:02 PM
A few folks were pretty nervous about the paved lot at first, but it made the lot way more organized than before. On top of that, we are due for some nasty tailgating weather (knock on wood), and that is a mess with the grass we had before.

Definitely a smart move. MSU's tailgating area turns into a giant mud pit by the end of the season (if it isn't already covered in snow).

Thundar
October 8th, 2012, 08:21 PM
What the hell is the graphic on the roof?

I see my tent!

Sader87
October 8th, 2012, 08:25 PM
I'm sorry but that looks like a Wal-Mart and its parking lots.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 8th, 2012, 08:31 PM
A game at NDSU should be on any FCS fans bucket list. I think it's better than Montana. The tailgating is fantastic and the fans deeply care about the team. Montana is about the party first and the game second imo.

Sader87
October 8th, 2012, 08:32 PM
I'll pass...

BisonFan02
October 8th, 2012, 08:34 PM
I'll pass...

Fair enough...please show me some photos of a tailgate at Holy Cross. I'd like to compare.

pbr1893
October 8th, 2012, 08:38 PM
"I'm sorry but that looks like a Wal-Mart and its parking lots." you say this while your HC fans are probably at a wal-mart parking lot and not enjoying a tailgate like this...j/k. i think it looks pretty darn good.

LakesBison
October 8th, 2012, 08:38 PM
People were parking in cornfield 1 mile west of lot. It was that crazy 30, 000+ lots of people didn't have tickets

Thundar
October 8th, 2012, 08:44 PM
People were parking in cornfield 1 mile west of lot. It was that crazy 30, 000+ lots of people didn't have tickets

There were not 30k+ people tailgating

Sader87
October 8th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Fair enough...please show me some photos of a tailgate at Holy Cross. I'd like to compare.

Here are some pictures from the Dartmouth at HC game a couple weeks back.

http://happy.dartmouth.org/DartCMS/index.php?page=holy-cross-football-09-12

The reason I prefer this, is that's on campus, not on a paved parking lot etc....we have the Patriots for that.

Thundar
October 8th, 2012, 08:47 PM

The reason I prefer this, is that's on campus, not on a paved parking lot etc....we have the Patriots for that.

Well considering the dome is on campus all you be is the paved vs unpaved

And that looks about as exciting as a funeral, I'll pass on that

FargoBison
October 8th, 2012, 08:48 PM

The Fargodome is on NDSU's campus.

BisonFan02
October 8th, 2012, 08:51 PM

Yeah, and if I wanted a tailgate like that, I have Concordia College in Moorhead and Jamestown College an hour down the road if I want to fall asleep.

Grizalltheway
October 8th, 2012, 08:55 PM
A game at NDSU should be on any FCS fans bucket list. I think it's better than Montana. The tailgating is fantastic and the fans deeply care about the team. Montana is about the party first and the game second imo.

Early on in the season, that might be partially true. But if you had been at the UNI game last year (or any Griz-Cat game), I seriously doubt you'd make that claim.

BlueKeyAlum
October 8th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Early on in the season, that might be partially true. But if you had been at the UNI game last year (or any Griz-Cat game), I seriously doubt you'd make that claim.

I tailgated in Zoo last year. It was a blast. Lots of food,fun,booze. It's on grass but it wasn't a mess.

LakesBison
October 8th, 2012, 09:01 PM
I'd say 20+ in our group couldn't get tickets and went to bwws

Jacked_Rabbit
October 8th, 2012, 09:02 PM

Yeah... I've been to the Fargo Dome and Wa-Griz multiple times each. Anyone not affiliated with either school that would prefer to tailgate and watch a game in the Fargo Dome needs their head examined. The atmosphere at Wa-Griz is unlike any other I've ever experienced, although NDSU's is also very good (Top 5, I'm sure). I've been to games at Kinnick in Iowa City, Memorial Stadium in Lincoln, Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe (to name a few), and I've never heard a venue as loud as Montana's.

FargoBison
October 8th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Yeah, and if I wanted a tailgate like that, I have Concordia College in Moorhead and Jamestown College an hour down the road if I want to fall asleep.

It is crazy that NDSU has the best tailgating in the tri-state area. Tailgating at Gopher games is pathetic and it is pretty sad at UND. SDSU is decent. Never been to a Vikings game so I can't really comment on that though but I doubt it is great.

Not sure what the deal is with our Minnesota neighbors, all the older people I know like to talk about tailgating at the old Met stadium, then both the major teams build stadiums that severely limits tailgating.

Twentysix
October 8th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Yeah... I've been to the Fargo Dome and Wa-Griz multiple times each. Anyone not affiliated with either school that would prefer to tailgate and watch a game in the Fargo Dome needs their head examined. The atmosphere at Wa-Griz is unlike any other I've ever experienced, although NDSU's is also very good (Top 5, I'm sure). I've been to games at Kinnick in Iowa City, Memorial Stadium in Lincoln, Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe (to name a few), and I've never heard a venue as loud as Montana's.

You may reevaluate that if the NDSU SDSU Game is contested this year and you are in attendance.

Apparently the decible meter hit 124 db against YSU. Thats getting dang close to world records for db's.

Get a seat in the first row so you can soak in as much noise as possible!

BisonFan02
October 8th, 2012, 09:19 PM
You may reevaluate that if the NDSU SDSU Game is contested this year and you are in attendance.

Apparently the decible meter hit 124 db against YSU. Thats getting dang close to world records for db's.

Not gonna lie, but I think that was a stretch. It didn't seem as loud as Georgia Southern or even UNI last year. Maybe for awhile early in the game and MWill's pick 6, but it settled down fast since the game was in hand.

Twentysix
October 8th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Not gonna lie, but I think that was a stretch. It didn't seem as loud as Georgia Southern or even UNI last year. Maybe for awhile early in the game and MWill's pick 6, but it settled down fast since the game was in hand.

Could be, I was in the double letters so its hard for me to say, normally I sit in the first 10 rows. That is what I have seen reported in a few different places. However, I have a hard time believing that an SDSU fan has an honest evaluation of what the NDSU crowd is like 'Now'. It was never this loud before, never. Unless he attended GSU or UNI last year.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 8th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Could be, I was in the double letters so its hard for me to say, normally I sit in the first 10 rows. That is what I have seen reported in a few different places. However, I have a hard time believing that an SDSU fan has an honest evaluation of what the NDSU crowd is like 'Now'. It was never this loud before, never. Unless he attended GSU or UNI last year.

True.. I've only been there when you guys were playing us, so I'm sure it has been much louder. Then again, I've only been to Montana while they were playing us too, so I suppose you could say the same for them as well.

The loudest I've ever heard the Fargo Dome was probably the year (2009, maybe?) we came from behind and beat you late in the 4th with the 2 point conversion.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 8th, 2012, 09:34 PM

I'm in the 3rd row on the 30 yard line and it was loud in the 1st quarter....comparable to GSU and UNI last year. But with the game in hand after the 2nd quarter it got relatively quiet....

Twentysix
October 8th, 2012, 09:39 PM
I'm in the 3rd row on the 30 yard line and it was loud in the 1st quarter....comparable to GSU and UNI last year. But with the game in hand after the 2nd quarter it got relatively quiet....

No doubt, the Mwill interception was very loud, the first play from scrimage was WAY WAY louder where I was sitting my headache started seconds after that ball poped out of the YSU players hands.

Which 30? Student section 30 or directly across from the student section? Or North endzone? I would guess the noise differs depending which 30 you sit at. I am typically in the first 10 rows of 16 on the 17 side of 16.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 8th, 2012, 09:47 PM
No doubt, the Mwill interception was very loud, the first play from scrimage was WAY WAY louder where I was sitting my headache started seconds after that ball poped out of the YSU players hands.
Which 30? Student section 30 or directly across from the student section? Or North endzone? I would guess the noise differs depending which 30 you sit at. I am typically in the first 10 rows of 16 on the 17 side of 16.

I was talking with the guys next to me and frickin missed it until I heard all the cheering.......dang, I need to pay attention.....xoopsx

Wilson16
October 8th, 2012, 10:10 PM

I was at both games. At no time during the YSU game did it get as loud as it was last year against Georgia Southern

NDSU_grad
October 8th, 2012, 10:15 PM
True.. I've only been there when you guys were playing us, so I'm sure it has been much louder. Then again, I've only been to Montana while they were playing us too, so I suppose you could say the same for them as well.

The loudest I've ever heard the Fargo Dome was probably the year (2009, maybe?) we came from behind and beat you late in the 4th with the 2 point conversion.
That was 08. I was at that game and Lehigh last year. The Lehigh game was 10x the atmosphere of the 08 SDSU game, and the Lehigh game was probably about 3rd or 4th in terms of atmosphere of an NDSU game last year.

Bisonoline
October 8th, 2012, 10:21 PM
I was at both games. At no time during the YSU game did it get as loud as it was last year against Georgia Southern

GS was the loudest by far. I sit in row Y so a lot of the noise doesnt effect us. But there was one play where it was so loud that the people around us were in disbelief.

LakesBison
October 8th, 2012, 10:32 PM
on the MWILL int it hit 124 db according to the ndsu post game show on the radio. I thought for that play, it was the loudest ive ever heard it.

Georgia Southern was a close second. im in row 8

Sader87
October 8th, 2012, 10:36 PM
I went to a Who concert at the Providence Civic Center in 1979....it was wicked loud.

LakesBison
October 8th, 2012, 10:38 PM
who are you who who who who.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 8th, 2012, 10:40 PM
who are you who who who who.

I really wanna know...

Grizalltheway
October 8th, 2012, 10:55 PM
I went to a Who concert at the Providence Civic Center in 1979....it was wicked loud.

Wicked pissah!

Sader87
October 8th, 2012, 11:06 PM
Wicked pissah!

I don't think I could pahhhk my cahhh in the NDSU lots outside the Fahhhgo Dome, looks pretty full.

Milkman
October 8th, 2012, 11:08 PM
That aerial shot gives a good overall scope of the tailgating scene but doesn't do justice to the party down below. Anyone have shots of ground level to show what it looks like up close? I do need to get out to a Montana game. That stadium looks gorgeous and your fans are as passionate as any. Hows the hospitality? Because that's one thing I think we pride ourselves on as Bison. Good natured ribbing then a cold adult beverage a tasty snack and some FCS football talk.

I-16Bandit
October 8th, 2012, 11:13 PM

Been to a Georgia Southern game at Paulson?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 8th, 2012, 11:21 PM

I have not but certainly would/will take the opportunity to do so.

The big ones I've been to are Montana, NDSU and Delaware. I'll add Montana St in a couple weeks.

Wilson16
October 8th, 2012, 11:29 PM

Holy Criss Cross. Didn't think you were allowed to take in the devil music

Sader87
October 8th, 2012, 11:38 PM
Holy Criss Cross. Didn't think you were allowed to take in the devil music

The Who actually performed at Holy Cross in 1969....true fact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Who_Tour_1969

You're confusing us with very conservative religious schools....Holy Cross as a Jesuit school is anything but that.

Twentysix
October 9th, 2012, 12:01 AM
That was 08. I was at that game and Lehigh last year. The Lehigh game was 10x the atmosphere of the 08 SDSU game, and the Lehigh game was probably about 3rd or 4th in terms of atmosphere of an NDSU game last year.

These are both interesting comments, I too was at every game mentioned, and every game not mentioned since 07 (28-19 win over SFA) xsmugx. I simply was not in the same seats for GSU and YSU. Row D or E (front half of the lower level) in Section 16 for GSU and CC or DD for YSU. Its not possible to gauge them, both with nearly 12 months seperating the occurences...the human memory's reconstruction is inaccurate most if not all of the time and because I was roughly 25 rows higher at the YSU game which causes a massive noise change to begin with.

With my experiences and not taking anything else into consideration I would agree GSU was louder, however the media reported 111 db as the peak for the GSU game (newspaper) and 124 db as the peak for the YSU game (radio).

I have no idea whether either report is fictious as I was not holding any sort of sound instrument nor was I and/or most likely any of you on the field to truely gauge it.

BucBisonAtLarge
October 9th, 2012, 12:09 AM
We had a great time at the NDSU-YSU game. People were genuinely welcoming. The pre-game festivities looked awesome but required reservations. The crowd was loud but it is an indoor arena. The YSU seats were in the corner, a few rows up-- like my seasons tix for the Whalers their last year in Hartford, and the feel was like a hockey game-- only missing the hovering mini-airships, dropping prizes. Consider it my suggestion, though I understand aeronautics to be a UND program.

The comparisons with a Patriot League game are just not germane. Pre-game, our bands won't be putting flashing green LEDs in their uniform epaulets while hundreds of Bison App phone flash lamps strobe away in a darkened arena-- just not the vibe. It was fun, really worth the 2600 mile round trip drive as an FCS experience, but not the only kind of FCS experience to be had.

cbarrier90
October 9th, 2012, 01:08 AM

Apparently good FCS football only exists west of the Mississippi...xlolx

BisonFan02
October 9th, 2012, 01:24 AM
We had a great time at the NDSU-YSU game. People were genuinely welcoming. The pre-game festivities looked awesome but required reservations. The crowd was loud but it is an indoor arena. The YSU seats were in the corner, a few rows up-- like my seasons tix for the Whalers their last year in Hartford, and the feel was like a hockey game-- only missing the hovering mini-airships, dropping prizes. Consider it my suggestion, though I understand aeronautics to be a UND program.

The comparisons with a Patriot League game are just not germane. Pre-game, our bands won't be putting flashing green LEDs in their uniform epaulets while hundreds of Bison App phone flash lamps strobe away in a darkened arena-- just not the vibe. It was fun, really worth the 2600 mile round trip drive as an FCS experience, but not the only kind of FCS experience to be had.

Not sure what you mean by reservations. Park your vehicle and start walking around. I can about guarantee you won't go thirsty/hungry at all of the tailgates in the lot. People for the most part share what they have with the away team fans.

FargoBison
October 9th, 2012, 01:32 AM
Not sure what you mean by reservations. Park your vehicle and start walking around. I can about guarantee you won't go thirsty/hungry at all of the tailgates in the lot. People for the most part share what they have with the away team fans.

Maybe he meant that he couldn't get into the lot with his car. It does fill fast but I do agree park someplace else and walk around next time. Lots of people in the west lot will be very inviting for visiting fans.

Bogus Megapardus
October 9th, 2012, 01:54 AM
Holy Cross (and other PL posters) - it's just different, and it always will be. I could post pictures of a Lafayette-Lehigh tailgate to try to show them up, but why? We love out game, of course, but NDSU has a tremendous following and their fans are a sincere validation of grass roots FCS support (as compared to the media-manufactured FBS variety). I'm an unrepentant PL fan, but I'm also a big fan of NDSU - and of App State and Montana and McNeese State and Georgia Southern - becasue I think that those guys all show real college football at its very best.

Darlinikki150
October 9th, 2012, 04:26 AM
Oh boy, I see my tent and monstrous flag my buddy makes us put up! The lot always fills up about the 1st hour after they open it. I agree with other Bison posters, park somewhere and walk around. My crew and I always have extra food and booze, and the apple pie is always flowing!

bisonguy
October 9th, 2012, 06:36 AM
That aerial shot gives a good overall scope of the tailgating scene but doesn't do justice to the party down below. Anyone have shots of ground level to show what it looks like up close? I do need to get out to a Montana game. That stadium looks gorgeous and your fans are as passionate as any. Hows the hospitality? Because that's one thing I think we pride ourselves on as Bison. Good natured ribbing then a cold adult beverage a tasty snack and some FCS football talk.

Here's a thread over on bisonville with some other photos from tailgating last week - http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?28621-Youngstown-Tailgate-amp-Gameday-Photos

I-16Bandit
October 9th, 2012, 07:01 AM

The big ones I've been to are Montana, NDSU and Delaware. I'll add Montana St in a couple weeks.

You got to get some SoCon experience! Georgia Southern and App State have great gameday experience as well.

AppStsGr8
October 9th, 2012, 07:05 AM
That looks great! I forget how flat it is up there. I imagine an aerial shot of Boone on gameday wouldn't come close to capturing all the tailgating since the lots are sandwiched in where they'll fit in the landscape.

Hammerhead
October 9th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Photos taken in the tailgating lots can be found at http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?28621-Youngstown-Tailgate-amp-Gameday-Photos

appfan2008
October 9th, 2012, 08:12 AM
nice picture looks like an awesome atmosphere... but i bet that tailgating will get rather chilly very soon!

BlueKeyAlum
October 9th, 2012, 08:21 AM
nice picture looks like an awesome atmosphere... but i bet that tailgating will get rather chilly very soon!

Well, that's what jager-bombs are for.

When I went to NDSU, we played outdoors....no warming up inside a comfy dome....yeah, and we had to walk uphill both ways coming and going to Dacotah field, ......barefoot......

344Johnson
October 9th, 2012, 08:23 AM

Nothing some Schnapps and a coat cant fix for the time being.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 9th, 2012, 08:26 AM
I remember even 8-10 years ago my wife and I with her grad student friends could get into that lot just west of the dome on the street with our car and a little weber grill. That was around when they changed the alcohol policy.

appfan2008
October 9th, 2012, 08:29 AM
when was the fargo dome built? any plans to move back outside one day?

BISON Thunder
October 9th, 2012, 08:34 AM
That looks great! I forget how flat it is up there. I imagine an aerial shot of Boone on gameday wouldn't come close to capturing all the tailgating since the lots are sandwiched in where they'll fit in the landscape.

Perfectly queued up: So flat you can watch your dog run away for a week!

344Johnson
October 9th, 2012, 08:35 AM

'92 is the first season at home I believe. I think it is tough to move back outside from the cozy confines of the indoors. No ideas that I am aware of.

344Johnson
October 9th, 2012, 08:35 AM

'92 is the first season at home I believe. I think it is tough to move back outside from the cozy confines of the indoors. No ideas that I am aware of.

appfan2008
October 9th, 2012, 08:36 AM

sure would be an advantage in the playoffs like in missoula!

NoDak 4 Ever
October 9th, 2012, 08:37 AM

Common meme about northerners is that people think we like to be cold. We like to be warm more.

Apphole
October 9th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Photo from NDSU Facebook page. Pretty good photo for those that haven't seen the new paved lot yet.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/487933_10151269900714532_1295755628_n.jpg

http://mediaserver.pulse2.com/uploads/2012/08/mckayla-maroney.jpg

Looks like one of our several student lots.

BisonFan02
October 9th, 2012, 09:07 AM
http://mediaserver.pulse2.com/uploads/2012/08/mckayla-maroney.jpg

Looks like one of our several student lots.

Okay, got some pics to show that?

NoDak 4 Ever
October 9th, 2012, 09:12 AM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23533039.jpg

Professor Chaos
October 9th, 2012, 09:14 AM
I do!

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/39492/hillbillies_celebrating.jpg

http://www.vermillionlies.com/blog/revgroup.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_aRE25RtcVM8/Sj6OH0qDUHI/AAAAAAAAAaw/W24UwQ2uNX8/s400/redneck2009.jpg

HandoEX
October 9th, 2012, 09:24 AM
I think you'd be more than a little surprised to experience the NDSU tailgate now in comparison to 2008. It wasn't long before that when the tailgating lot in the pic was half full. We were still pretty new to tailgating and hadn't quite figured things out in 2008. Fast forward to 2012, and there are absolutely no parking spots available in the tailgating lots, tons of all-out custom Bison busses, trailers, etc. People I've known my entire life that were casual fans in 2008 have morphed into super fans and found how much fun we have on Saturday afternoons in the fall.

Tell ya what, Jacked_Rabbit...why don't you swing by the Bison-Yotes tailgate in ten days in Sioux Falls? I'd like to show you how we do it nowadays. The Bison tailgates for road games are bigger now than they were for the home games in 2008 and Howard Wood will be no exception. Just find the big green school bus called the Frisco Cruiser. You'll hear us before you see us in the tailgating lot and we'll treat you well. You in?

Here's a crappy cell phone pic I took this past Saturday from the back table of our bus. It was packed and wild. I'll try to get better pics this weekend.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2z4libl.jpg

HandoEX
October 9th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Thank man! It was awesome meeting you last year, but I can't tell you how bad the atmosphere was at the game you came to. That tailgate and game just didn't have very much excitement in the air. The crowd was flat and the team was flat. We'd love to have you back for a game again this year if you ever venture back this way.

Sader87
October 9th, 2012, 09:34 AM

Typical Patriot League tailgate.....trying way too hard to be like the Ivies.

344Johnson
October 9th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Common meme about northerners is that people think we like to be cold. We like to be warm more.

Hence the use of coats.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 9th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Hence the use of coats.

Yup, living in Ohio, they always ask "How can you handle 20 below zero?"

We stay inside.

eaglewraith
October 9th, 2012, 09:56 AM
These are both interesting comments, I too was at every game mentioned, and every game not mentioned since 07 (28-19 win over SFA) xsmugx. I simply was not in the same seats for GSU and YSU. Row D or E (front half of the lower level) in Section 16 for GSU and CC or DD for YSU. Its not possible to gauge them, both with nearly 12 months seperating the occurences...the human memory's reconstruction is inaccurate most if not all of the time and because I was roughly 25 rows higher at the YSU game which causes a massive noise change to begin with.

With my experiences and not taking anything else into consideration I would agree GSU was louder, however the media reported 111 db as the peak for the GSU game (newspaper) and 124 db as the peak for the YSU game (radio).

I have no idea whether either report is fictious as I was not holding any sort of sound instrument nor was I and/or most likely any of you on the field to truely gauge it.

Listening on the broadcast, the GSU game sounded much louder. And the decibel meter was in the crowd where it's going to be really loud. I only saw 111 on it.

Was it measured up in the ceiling to get 124? That would make a difference.

Mid-field is where you're going to get the most accurate sound measurement. To be more accurate, you'd need several measurements along the field at the same time and take the average reading. I can't really trust a reading from in the crowd as being the exact level on the field, sound does lose power from its transmission through air.

Apphole
October 9th, 2012, 10:07 AM

Can't find any and I don't have any. Aircraft don't make it up to Boone to often.

RabidRabbit
October 9th, 2012, 10:07 AM

I have!xthumbsupx Ga Southern is a great tailgate. However, Bison fans are crazier. Took over a good portion of available space in Brookings for the SDSU game last year.

I predict that USD's crowd/tailgate will be dwarfed at Howard Wood Field by the Bison fans.

BTW, Bison fans - save me a warm drink for the NDSU/SDSU game 11/10 as I venture up to catch some live SDSU football.

BisonFan02
October 9th, 2012, 10:18 AM
I think you'd be more than a little surprised to experience the NDSU tailgate now in comparison to 2008. It wasn't long before that when the tailgating lot in the pic was half full. We were still pretty new to tailgating and hadn't quite figured things out in 2008. Fast forward to 2012, and there are absolutely no parking spots available in the tailgating lots, tons of all-out custom Bison busses, trailers, etc. People I've known my entire life that were casual fans in 2008 have morphed into super fans and found how much fun we have on Saturday afternoons in the fall.

Tell ya what, Jacked_Rabbit...why don't you swing by the Bison-Yotes tailgate in ten days in Sioux Falls? I'd like to show you how we do it nowadays. The Bison tailgates for road games are bigger now than they were for the home games in 2008 and Howard Wood will be no exception. Just find the big green school bus called the Frisco Cruiser. You'll hear us before you see us in the tailgating lot and we'll treat you well. You in?

Here's a crappy cell phone pic I took this past Saturday from the back table of our bus. It was packed and wild. I'll try to get better pics this weekend.

DAS BOOT!!!!!

I-16Bandit
October 9th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Listening on the broadcast, the GSU game sounded much louder. And the decibel meter was in the crowd where it's going to be really loud. I only saw 111 on it.

Was it measured up in the ceiling to get 124? That would make a difference.

Mid-field is where you're going to get the most accurate sound measurement. To be more accurate, you'd need several measurements along the field at the same time and take the average reading. I can't really trust a reading from in the crowd as being the exact level on the field, sound does lose power from its transmission through air.

Had this argument when we played them last year. Don't bother. Just go with it.

I have!xthumbsupx Ga Southern is a great tailgate. However, Bison fans are crazier. Took over a good portion of available space in Brookings for the SDSU game last year.

I suggest a GS/ASU game at Paulson or The Rock. Either way, when we play each other, the atmosphere is outstanding.

AppAlum2003
October 9th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Sure looks flat

AppAlum2003
October 9th, 2012, 11:50 AM

Hey look! A bus (and state) full of white people!

bisonguy
October 9th, 2012, 12:05 PM

1993 was the first season in the Fargodome. 1992 was the last season at Dacotah Field.

I give you an A for Effort because you weren't even born yet. xthumbsupx

Ginsbach
October 9th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Sure looks flat

A city built in the heart of a glacial lake plain is flat? Imagine that.

BlueKeyAlum
October 9th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Perfectly queued up: So flat you can watch your dog run away for a week!

So flat you can see your past mistakes and your future successes spread out for years....or was that the other way around??

BISON Thunder
October 9th, 2012, 12:29 PM
So flat you can see your past mistakes and your future successes spread out for years....or was that the other way around??

xlolx

...and so flat the church choirs sing off key!

LakesBison
October 9th, 2012, 12:30 PM
if your dog runs away to the west of fargo, you can watch it run away for days.

LakesBison
October 9th, 2012, 12:31 PM
actually I had my buds, the national champion Warren Holloway and DJ mcnorton on there, so you're wrong
Hey look! A bus (and state) full of white people!

LakesBison
October 9th, 2012, 01:36 PM
here's a few more.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 9th, 2012, 01:39 PM
DAS BOOT!!!!!

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/312554_286130104752761_293814299_n.jpg

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 9th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Thank man! It was awesome meeting you last year, but I can't tell you how bad the atmosphere was at the game you came to. That tailgate and game just didn't have very much excitement in the air. The crowd was flat and the team was flat. We'd love to have you back for a game again this year if you ever venture back this way.

Last years game was a bit of a weird vibe, YSU's play certainly didn't help. With that said, the tailgate area west of the Dome is awesome. Some of the setups reminded me of what goes down at PSU.

I absolutely plan to attend another game at NDSU. I'm pretty sure they play Montana State next year. If that's the case I'll circle my calendar. I'd like to get up to a UND game as well.

Vitojr130
October 9th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Last years game was a bit of a weird vibe, YSU's play certainly didn't help. With that said, the tailgate area west of the Dome is awesome. Some of the setups reminded me of what goes down at PSU.

I absolutely plan to attend another game at NDSU. I'm pretty sure they play Montana State next year. If that's the case I'll circle my calendar. I'd like to get up to a UND game as well.

Even if I weren't an NDSU homer, I wouldn't want to go out of my way for a trip to the "Look, We-Have-One-Too" dome. The tailgating up there looks so... well.. boring. Also, their dome is NEVER more than half full, even during the best of games. Your best bet would be to watch a butthockey game up there in their pretty little hockey arena (no, but really the REA is actually a pretty darn nice facility that usually accompanies some alright hockey).

cbarrier90
October 9th, 2012, 02:00 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/312554_286130104752761_293814299_n.jpg

nWO represent!

UNDBIZ
October 9th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Even if I weren't an NDSU homer, I wouldn't want to go out of my way for a trip to the "Look, We-Have-One-Too" dome. The tailgating up there looks so... well.. boring. Also, their dome is NEVER more than half full, even during the best of games. Your best bet would be to watch a butthockey game up there in their pretty little hockey arena (no, but really the REA is actually a pretty darn nice facility that usually accompanies some alright hockey).

Ok, UND doesn't currently have the football attendance of NDSU, but it averages 75% capacity even in bad years. Gotta remember it doesn't seat nearly as many people as the fargodome. In the early 2000s when UND was good the Al filled up pretty well. The REA is something everybody should experience, hockey fan or not.

HandoEX
October 9th, 2012, 02:35 PM
nWO represent!
B-B-B-Bison World Order
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/Bison%202011/DSC_0710.jpg

moosbah
October 9th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Ok, UND doesn't currently have the football attendance of NDSU, but it averages 75% capacity even in bad years. Gotta remember it doesn't seat nearly as many people as the fargodome. In the early 2000s when UND was good the Al filled up pretty well. The REA is something everybody should experience, hockey fan or not.

It took a lot longer than I thought before a whioux brought up hockey in this thread.

LakesBison
October 9th, 2012, 02:44 PM
ok ok, enough of that. back to your regularly scheduled FARGODOME TAILGATING PICTURES>..

urses, did someone delete the lady pics? too risque? or am i NOT bill gates haha

LakesBison
October 9th, 2012, 02:49 PM
http://deepfriedsports.com/iphone-4-wallpapers/sexy-college-girls/north-dakota-ndsu-bison-sexy-iphone-wallpapers/north-dakota-ndsu-bison-hot-iphone-wallpaper.jpg

Vitojr130
October 9th, 2012, 02:58 PM
It took a lot longer than I thought before a whioux brought up hockey in this thread.

I apologize as this was my bad. I suggested LFN not waste his time going to a Whioux football game and in the mix of things I accidentally let out that they have a nice hockey arena.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 9th, 2012, 03:19 PM
ok ok, enough of that. back to your regularly scheduled FARGODOME TAILGATING PICTURES>..

urses, did someone delete the lady pics? too risque? or am i NOT bill gates haha

Didn't see it but I assume you put up something that is probably the sort of thing that goes in the lunge due to attire?

Not abiggie but it does need to be that way even if they are luscious FCS ladies.xthumbsupx

LakesBison
October 9th, 2012, 03:31 PM
yea, i gotta brush up on that thread.... peace!!

UNDBIZ
October 9th, 2012, 04:19 PM

I apologize as this was my bad. I suggested LFN not waste his time going to a Whioux football game and in the mix of things I accidentally let out that they have a nice hockey arena.

xrulesx