Cincy- FU 45-7
LU-Hoyas 30-14

Bassett

Yale-LC 28-24
Har-BU 42-3
LU- Hoyas 35-17
Gate-Cross 31-21
Cincy-FU 45-14

First time this season the 2 have predicted differing results for a game. Bassett must be a believer in Carney's curse games.

Ivytalk
October 8th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Massey

Gate-Cross 28-21
Har- BU 37-7
LC-Yale 33-24
Cincy- FU 45-7
LU-Hoyas 30-14

Bassett

Yale-LC 28-24
Har-BU 42-3
LU- Hoyas 35-17
Gate-Cross 31-21
Cincy-FU 45-14

First time this season the 2 have predicted differing results for a game. Bassett must be a believer in Carney's curse games.

If Yale wins on Saturday, I might become a believer myself!:p

CFBfan
October 8th, 2012, 11:14 AM
If Yale wins on Saturday, I might become a believer myself!:p

If LC doesn't beat Yale they might not win another game this season

RichH2
October 8th, 2012, 11:41 AM
If they lose, agree Pards have tough road. Lost 2 starting LBs. Key will be Shoop. He can singlehandedly win or lose a game for Pards.

ngineer
October 8th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Too big a spread on the Hoyas. Not an easy place to play and Hoyas have been tough defensively the past few years. I see a 10 pt win as more realistic.

crusader11
October 8th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Ranking the PL 1-7:

1) Lehigh
2) Colgate
3) Fordham
4) Lafayette
5) Georgetown
6) Holy Cross
7) Bucknell

Does that look about right? I think 4-6 are pretty much interchangeable.

CFBfan
October 8th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Too big a spread on the Hoyas. Not an easy place to play and Hoyas have been tough defensively the past few years. I see a 10 pt win as more realistic.

it's interesting that GU put a lot more points on the board the LU vs Priceton and had a very similiar score against FU and lost leaving to 1st and goals on the field with 0 points
LU should be nervous about this game

Sader87
October 8th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Ranking the PL 1-7:

1) Lehigh
2) Colgate
3) Fordham
4) Lafayette
5) Georgetown
6) Holy Cross
7) Bucknell

I agree with 1 and 7....I think you could put 2-6 in any order right now and make an argument for it.

CFBfan
October 8th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Ranking the PL 1-7:

1) Lehigh
2) Colgate
3) Fordham
4) Lafayette
5) Georgetown
6) Holy Cross
7) Bucknell

You could even argue that right now 2 - 7 is a toss up. next 2 weeks will tell a lot (I think)

Hawk98
October 8th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Too big a spread for the Hawks at Georgetown, I think. More like like (31-34) to (21-27) type scores.

CFBfan
October 8th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Too big a spread for the Hawks at Georgetown, I think. More like like (31-34) to (21-27) type scores.

can they (GU) put up that many points against your D?

crusader11
October 8th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Agree with both of you guys (CFBfan & my purple brother).

I think that Colgate is playing some pretty good ball right now, as is Fordham. But, an HC win in Hamilton this weekend...and a Georgetown upset of Lehigh in DC (could totally see that happening), would really screw things up.

Hawk98
October 8th, 2012, 01:53 PM
can they (GU) put up that many points against your D?

It depends how many times our offense decides to give them field position inside our 25.

RichH2
October 8th, 2012, 02:06 PM
GU scored on FU. Our D much better. Caveat is GU D which is active even tho could not contain Rams. Rams zO is excellent with Higgins and Koonce. Doubt they will stop us. 10 pts seems fair

CFBfan
October 8th, 2012, 02:07 PM
It depends how many times our offense decides to give them field position inside our 25.

GU has lost the field position battle every game. punting had been awful everygame has seen at least 1 if not more less than 20 yard punt, typicaly from inside their own 35

CFBfan
October 8th, 2012, 02:10 PM
GU scored on FU. Our D much better. Caveat is GU D which is active even tho could not contain Rams. Rams zO is excellent with Higgins and Koonce. Doubt they will stop us. 10 pts seems fair

I agree with you on that and agree that LU is a BIG favorite but I also think that the Hawks (and their fans) should be a little nervous about this one....just saying!

Hawk98
October 8th, 2012, 02:12 PM
GU has lost the field position battle every game. punting had been awful everygame has seen at least 1 if not more less than 20 yard punt, typicaly from inside their own 35

Yeah, but Lehigh has severe mental errors like dropping punts or horrid INTs it seems every game. If Lehigh turns the ball over 2-3 times inside their own 30, they'll be in trouble against anyone in the PL (save Bucknell, probably)

CFBfan
October 8th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Yeah, but Lehigh has severe mental errors like dropping punts or horrid INTs it seems every game. If Lehigh turns the ball over 2-3 times inside their own 30, they'll be in trouble against anyone in the PL (save Bucknell, probably)

well then I can only hope that they are true to form!!!!

RichH2
October 8th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Oh we probably will be, but expect Hoyas to be down 28-0 by then.

CFBfan
October 8th, 2012, 02:36 PM

OK, I'm gonna go and adjust my expectations just for you

Sader87
October 8th, 2012, 02:38 PM
When I think of Lehigh at 6-0, I think of France in the Spring of 1940.

Bill
October 8th, 2012, 02:43 PM

Well, after that statement, now is a good a time as any to post! :)

Southsider
October 8th, 2012, 02:46 PM

I think that Colgate is playing some pretty good ball right now, as is Fordham. But, an HC win in Hamilton this weekend...and a Georgetown upset of Lehigh in DC (could totally see that happening), would really screw things up.

Wow, what crystal ball are you looking at?

van
October 8th, 2012, 02:47 PM

I don't know about an upset in DC, HoyaSaxa has a neat comparison of national stats, Lehigh ranked higher in about every offensive category and total defense nearly identical. I am actually feeling pretty good about that game.

crusader11
October 8th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Wow, what crystal ball are you looking at?

The game is at Georgetown, and the Hoyas are essentially playing for their season. A loss would all but knock them out of a shot at the PLC.

Don't get me wrong, Lehigh is the favorite and should win by a couple of scores, but it isn't like Lehigh is SO GOOD that they can't lose to Georgetown.

Some comparable scores:

Georgetown 21 - Princeton 20...Lehigh 17 - Princeton 14
Georgetown 31 - Fordham 38...Lehigh 34 - Fordham 31

Again, probably won't happen, but I wouldn't be totally surprised if it did.

It's also possible that Lehigh is slowly being lulled to sleep by the cupcakes they've been playing (see: Columbia) xthumbsupx

A similar effort and performance against Georgetown, and Lehigh loses.

Ivytalk
October 8th, 2012, 03:13 PM

So which one is Lehigh's "Maginot Line"? The O-line or the D-line?;)

RichH2
October 8th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Pretty much a given this yr. Any team can actually beat any other . No sure games. I repeat right now ,Gate looks to be team to beat. Of course if Andy gets his team to focus , Lehigh wins out.

Hawk98
October 8th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Lehigh does catch a break in that they play Colgate right after a bye.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 8th, 2012, 03:42 PM

Rich, PLEASE! Lehigh hasn't been up 28-0 in a game this year.

RichH2
October 8th, 2012, 04:57 PM
You made me more optimistic. xlolx

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 8th, 2012, 05:22 PM
The closest the Hoyas have come to Lehigh is 17 point in 2010.

I like the Hawks to win by 2 or 3 TD's.

Southsider
October 8th, 2012, 06:29 PM
The game is at Georgetown, and the Hoyas are essentially playing for their season. A loss would all but knock them out of a shot at the PLC.

Don't get me wrong, Lehigh is the favorite and should win by a couple of scores, but it isn't like Lehigh is SO GOOD that they can't lose to Georgetown.

Some comparable scores:

Georgetown 21 - Princeton 20...Lehigh 17 - Princeton 14
Georgetown 31 - Fordham 38...Lehigh 34 - Fordham 31

Again, probably won't happen, but I wouldn't be totally surprised if it did.

It's also possible that Lehigh is slowly being lulled to sleep by the cupcakes they've been playing (see: Columbia) xthumbsupx

A similar effort and performance against Georgetown, and Lehigh loses.

You guys really need to drop the "cupcake" line. The schedule is what it is. I can assure you every team shows up to play. And, when you are the reigning champ 2 years running, you will get everyone's best shot. So far LU has withstood the challenge.

Pard4Life
October 8th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Lehigh should beat the Hoyas by three TDs and I'll pick them as such, but they will likely put in their usual half-aced effort and win by three, which is why they still are #25 in my AGS poll.

crusader11
October 8th, 2012, 08:59 PM
According to the Massey ratings, Monmouth (at #204) is the best team Lehigh has faced this season. Just sayin.

Hawk98
October 8th, 2012, 09:01 PM
According to the Massey ratings, Harvard is a top 10 team in FCS.

Pard4Life
October 8th, 2012, 09:02 PM
According to the Massey ratings, Monmouth (at #204) is the best team Lehigh has faced this season. Just sayin.

The schedules are also ranked if you can figure out how to sort... it's annoying for me to do it from a phone.

Pard4Life
October 8th, 2012, 09:03 PM
According to the Massey ratings, Harvard is a top 10 team in FCS.

It's not as off-base as it seems. Ten, eh maybe not, definitely top 20.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 8th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Lehigh should beat the Hoyas by three TDs and I'll pick them as such, but they will likely put in their usual half-aced effort and win by three, which is why they still are #25 in my AGS poll.

Lehigh will win by more than 3.

Where do you have Montana St ranked? Top 5?

Sader87
October 8th, 2012, 09:15 PM
I hate to say it, but Harvard is very good. How good? I'd really be guessing but they'd give any FCS team a decent game most days imo. They have recruited very well the last few years.

Bill
October 8th, 2012, 09:25 PM
I hate to say it, but Harvard is very good. They have recruited very well the last few years.

Yes, I'm sure their "no-loans" policy with the income threshold has helped! It's basically a free ride for many...

RichH2
October 8th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Harvard top 15 IMO. Regardless of sll the expert lines, I think PL games will be crapshoots. Bison perhaps weakest or Lafayette,w/o Shoop, and neither can be counted out of any game.

Sader87
October 8th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Yes, I'm sure their "no-loans" policy with the income threshold has helped! It's basically a free ride for many...

Exactly...many of the Harvard players are essentially on a "full scholarship"....they also have a fair amount of kids that have turned down FBS offers to play at Harvard the last couple of years...believe me, they're no joke.

Pard4Life
October 8th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Exactly...many of the Harvard players are essentially on a "full scholarship"....they also have a fair amount of kids that have turned down FBS offers to play at Harvard the last couple of years...believe me, they're no joke.

The problem is that a majority of the clowns on AGS equate the Ivy with the SWAC because they do not participate in the playoffs and play mostly PL teams OOC. Take it from us, who see the CAA teams regularly, Harvard is up there. As a league, they send players to the NFL annually. Heck, one is a starting QB.

Pard4Life
October 8th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Harvard top 15 IMO. Regardless of sll the expert lines, I think PL games will be crapshoots. Bison perhaps weakest or Lafayette,w/o Shoop, and neither can be counted out of any game.

Lafayette without Shoop is not the problem... Zweizig is fine, it's the dumb play calling and now our piling up injuries on D and the OL.

Hawk98
October 8th, 2012, 09:45 PM
The problem is that a majority of the clowns on AGS equate the Ivy with the SWAC because they do not participate in the playoffs and play mostly PL teams OOC. Take it from us, who see the CAA teams regularly, Harvard is up there. As a league, they send players to the NFL annually. Heck, one is a starting QB.

not for much longer the way that has been going.

Pard4Life
October 8th, 2012, 09:48 PM
not for much longer the way that has been going.

QB is least of Buffalo's worries. What a mess. Just move them to Toronto already. Or London.

Sader87
October 8th, 2012, 09:51 PM
The Harvard football teams of the last few years remind me of the HC teams of the 1980's....good mix of speed, size, athleticism etc.

Hopefully we (PL) will be able to field similar teams once we have schollies.

RichH2
October 8th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Well hard for Pards to put 2nd string coaches in to replace the starters. Rephrase then to put Bison and Pards on same level but still no gimme game.

Bogus Megapardus
October 8th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Is this going to be the PL pick 'em thread for this week?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 8th, 2012, 10:04 PM
It is disappointing how most people on AGS view the IL. They are ignorant to the type of athlete these schools can attract. Harvard can out recruit just about every FCS school there is.

As good as Harvard is this season I'm not sure they're better than the '05 team that included Fitzpatrick and Dawson.

Via phone

Pard4Life
October 8th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Well hard for Pards to put 2nd string coaches in to replace the starters. Rephrase then to put Bison and Pards on same level but still no gimme game.

We need 2nd string coaches to spell the starting coaches. Maybe we'll get a 21st century offense.

Sader87
October 8th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Harvard is not "unbeatable"....as badly as they beat us this year, we did upset them last year. But they are very solid in just about every phase of the game.

If the Ivies really "wanted to" (given their resources) they would dominate the FCS year in, year out.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 8th, 2012, 10:46 PM
I am finding it very humorous that this thread has been hijacked in not one, not two, but three different directions from its original intent. As a conference, nobody beats us for thread hijacks.

So let's add a fourth. Is BU going to start up football again and start playing Harvard OOC?

Sader87
October 8th, 2012, 10:51 PM
No....Boston University will never, ever (in the 21st Century anyway) field a D1 football team.

ngineer
October 8th, 2012, 11:13 PM

Those ratings are 'overrated'. I've seen all of Lehigh's games this year, and Liberty and Fordham had better overall talent, and Princeton has a stellar defense. Monmouth has some excellent individual players, some who may well be playing on Sunday, but overall as a team I rate them lower. Services such as Massey do nothing but play numbers. Football is so much more than a numbers game.

BucBisonAtLarge
October 9th, 2012, 12:33 AM
Delaware scored 19, Lafayette 20 on Bucknell, but Harvard is going to put 37-42? Nah.

I went to Fargo to watch the NDSU-YSU game this week. At halftime I dont think NDSU had had much more than 200 total yards, like our Bison, but they had scored 35 points. Like so much of the experience, looking at the scoreboard with a number like that next to the word BISON, was surreal and unmatched in my recent experience. I came away with a furry Bison hat to wear to some future game when I can get back east in a happier season.

Bogus Megapardus
October 9th, 2012, 01:37 AM
Delaware scored 19, Lafayette 20 on Bucknell, but Harvard is going to put 37-42? Nah.

I went to Fargo to watch the NDSU-YSU game this week. At halftime I dont think NDSU had had much more than 200 total yards, like our Bison, but they had scored 35 points. Like so much of the experience, looking at the scoreboard with a number like that next to the word BISON, was surreal and unmatched in my recent experience. I came away with a furry Bison hat to wear to some future game when I can get back east in a happier season.

I was able to catch a some of that game on the stream. It's great that you were able to get there in person. Like you, I was very much impressed by NDSU's sheer efficiency. Those guys can play, but more important, they execute. They're extraordinarily well coached and they run their game plan with near perfection. It's really a pleasure to watch them.

Go Green
October 9th, 2012, 05:35 AM
As good as Harvard is this season I'm not sure they're better than the '05 team that included Fitzpatrick and Dawson.

Via phone

As far as stats and results are concerned, Chapple and Scales have compared very favorably to Fitzpatrick and Dawson thus far. I've seen a few Ivy watchers say that the 2012 Harvard team may be the best Ivy team in a generation.

And by the way, I love Bogus' avatar! xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx

RichH2
October 9th, 2012, 07:31 AM
The cracker barrel of AGS. Fun to watch topic meander through the Ivies, NEC , et al. Rather pointless, albeit interesting, as league schedules now prime issue for all. Guess we could revive expansion, that should be good for a couple of days, or maybe our new standby of attendance.

CFBfan
October 9th, 2012, 08:24 AM
The cracker barrel of AGS. Fun to watch topic meander through the Ivies, NEC , et al. Rather pointless, albeit interesting, as league schedules now prime issue for all. Guess we could revive expansion, that should be good for a couple of days, or maybe our new standby of attendance.

Here's one: was at the GU/FU game and heard a parent claiming to be "in the know" speaking to another parent insisting that GU was going to offer scolarships in 2014. Have not heard this anywhere else and doubt this person would know before "others" but hey, ya never know???????

RichH2
October 9th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Oh, good one cfb. Expect DFW to be hear momentarily. Nice, if true.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 9th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Harvard is most certainly capable of dropping at least 30 on anyone, not least Bucknell. See their last three games for proof.

Schollies at Georgetown? Interesting.

Still wondering if Lafayette will beat Yale, or if BU will indeed start up football again now that Silber has passed.

Been to Cracker Barrel. Was not impressed.

I think I still am missing three topics.

CFBfan
October 9th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Oh, good one cfb. Expect DFW to be hear momentarily. Nice, if true.

yes it is "juicy" but as i said a completely unconfirmed rumor floated by a parent who claims to be "in the know"......

RichH2
October 9th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Well there's always Bogie's favorite Kate Upton.

RichH2
October 9th, 2012, 09:37 AM
CFB , that is a better source than most of the rumors floated.here.xprayxxcoolx

CFBfan
October 9th, 2012, 09:53 AM

good point Rich

I also heard that GU will be televising live from LC this yearxsmiley_wix

RichH2
October 9th, 2012, 10:07 AM
There you go starting Bogie up.

Pard4Life
October 9th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Here's one: was at the GU/FU game and heard a parent claiming to be "in the know" speaking to another parent insisting that GU was going to offer scolarships in 2014. Have not heard this anywhere else and doubt this person would know before "others" but hey, ya never know???????

We don't have much of a rumor mill here on the PL threads. Expansion is not really a rumor and let's face it, BU and Loyola surprised us as choices... not exactly odd ones or unpredictable, but they were on a long list of possibles.

I like to only report or add something if I heard it from a primary source or from someone who I definitely know speaks with primary sources.

RichH2
October 9th, 2012, 10:41 AM
It would be great if everyone followed your guidelines, unfortunately there are too many who dont. Of course there are some old classics like Northeastern coming to PL. Or maybe we could rev up CAA breakup scenario.
Hope Carney puts up the pic'em soon, so we can look forward to Saturday's games.

DFW HOYA
October 9th, 2012, 10:41 AM
What's the first rule of Fight Club? "You do not talk about Fight Club." Well, the first rule about people "in the know" at Georgetown is that they do not talk about being in the know.

Georgetown has one publicly stated scholarship program for the next four years and it is 100% need based:

http://campaign.georgetown.edu/attracting.html

Go...gate
October 9th, 2012, 05:24 PM

Cross - Colgate is always a good game. A lot of respect between the schools and programs.