PDA

View Full Version : Separation Saturday

FargoBison
October 7th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Lots of huge matchups coming this week in the FCS.....with major conference and national implications.

Richmond 4-2(2-1) vs UNH 4-2(2-1)
Villanova 4-2(2-1) vs ODU 5-0(2-0)
YSU 4-1(1-1) vs ISURed 5-1(2-1)
ISUBlue 4-2(2-1) vs NDSU 5-0(2-0)
App State 4-2(2-1) vs Samford 5-1(3-1)
Wofford 5-0(3-0) vs GSU 4-1(3-1)
EWU 4-1(3-0) vs Montana State 5-0(3-0)
UCA 4-2(2-1) vs McNeese State 4-1(1-1)

In my opinion EWU vs MSU is the marquee game, IMO winner of that one at least gets a share of the Big Sky title.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 7th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Indiana State and NDSU is a good matchup but ISU relies way too much on Bell. Their passing game is mediocre.

Bison will win this easily.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 7th, 2012, 03:20 PM
I'd throw Lehigh (6-0, 0-0) at Georgetown (3-3, 0-0) as a big one in the Patriot League this weekend. The Hoyas are a few plays from 5-1 and they need this one to have a chance at the title. They're also one of two teams on Lehigh's remaining schedule with a non-losing record - Lafayette is the other.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 7th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Indiana State and NDSU is a good matchup but ISU relies way too much on Bell. Their passing game is mediocre.

Bison will win this easily.

I can see NDSU coming out a little flat after this weekends big win over #3 YSU, before pulling it together and pulling away late in the 3rd quarter. Wouldn't be surprised to see Bell do some damage and keep things close for the 1st half. Everye game isn't going to play out the same way the YSU game did.

BisonFan02
October 7th, 2012, 04:33 PM
I can see NDSU coming out a little flat after this weekends big win over #3 YSU, before pulling it together and pulling away late in the 3rd quarter. Wouldn't be surprised to see Bell do some damage and keep things close for the 1st half. Everye game isn't going to play out the same way the YSU game did.

I may agree, but NDSU has shown that one dimensional teams have a tough time doing anything on offense. Expect Bell to get a lot of attention. Teams that are balanced like YSU are the only ones that give me a scare with D.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 7th, 2012, 04:38 PM
I may agree, but NDSU has shown that one dimensional teams have a tough time doing anything on offense. Expect Bell to get a lot of attention. Teams that are balanced like YSU are the only ones that give me a scare with D.

And you are right, their passing attack (or lack thereof) isn't much of a threat... Shakir is similar to Barry Sanders in that you never know when he is going to snap off a nasty run. As fun as it is to watch him run the football, it is far more enjoyable to watch your team's Defense shut him down. Is it Saturday again yet? Enjoy the game!

Professor Chaos
October 7th, 2012, 07:48 PM
This is who I like to win. Will be a fun day to check the scores around the country next Saturday:

swaghook
October 7th, 2012, 07:56 PM

crusader11
October 7th, 2012, 07:56 PM
I'd throw Lehigh (6-0, 0-0) at Georgetown (3-3, 0-0) as a big one in the Patriot League this weekend. The Hoyas are a few plays from 5-1 and they need this one to have a chance at the title. They're also one of two teams on Lehigh's remaining schedule with a non-losing record - Lafayette is the other.

Agreed. Another big one is Holy Cross @ Colgate. If HC wins, they move to 2-0 in the league and would put Colgate at 0-1.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 7th, 2012, 07:57 PM

Big win? You would have never guessed that after watching the player's interviews. This team just comes to play and get the job done.

Indiana State relies way too much on Bell to make me believe they can beat the Bison.

Sure, teams can hang with us....with the style of offense we have. But now with a good passing game, this Bison team is a 2-headed monster.

I'm looking forward to this game.

Reign of Terrier
October 7th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Wofford and GSU is game of the week IMO

Jacked_Rabbit
October 7th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Big win? You would have never guessed that after watching the player's interviews. This team just comes to play and get the job done.

Indiana State relies way too much on Bell to make me believe they can beat the Bison.

Sure, teams can hang with us....with the style of offense we have. But now with a good passing game, this Bison team is a 2-headed monster.

I'm looking forward to this game.

Yes, big win.

Getting revenge on the #3 team in the nation - the same team that gave you your only loss last season, on your home turf, to top it off - is a big win.

LakesBison
October 7th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Time for NDSU to seperate they are way too good for this. Serious

CorrosionDoc
October 7th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Lots of huge matchups coming this week in the FCS.....with major conference and national implications.

In my opinion EWU vs MSU is the marquee game, IMO winner of that one at least gets a share of the Big Sky title.

Totally agree. MSU gets its chance to either prove to everyone that their preseason ranking is well-deserved or that they've been unmasked as unworthy imposters. After two road games, they get to host EWU so they have no excuses. I personally hope they destroy EWU, but I have my own doubts.

bonarae
October 8th, 2012, 03:06 AM

THE HERD
October 8th, 2012, 08:03 AM

This. It should still end up as quite a lopsided victory, but it may be close at halftime. Only way ISUb could or should get a win is if we turn the ball over 3 plus times. No disrespect to the Trees, but as others have said they are one dimensional this year and thats one thing you don't want to be against this Bison D. Fouch was still there last year and we still kept the wraps on Bell pretty good.....I think he had only seventy some yards.

IBleedYellow
October 8th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Yes, big win.

Getting revenge on the #3 team in the nation - the same team that gave you your only loss last season, on your home turf, to top it off - is a big win.

We can all call it a huge win, a revenge win, or even the biggest regular season win. Either way, it's NOT what we call the win. It is how the players take it. So far what I have seen from the Bison players is a bunch of class, that when a big play is complete, they pat each other on the back for doing it well, but no huge celebrations, because they expected to do it. When you play the way these guys are playing, they believe that they are a class above. When they make that big play, they throw the ball to the ref and carry on, business as usual. Yet at the same time, they are humble enough to realize when a good opponent walks onto that field with them. You hear it in every press conference. "These guys we just played are great athletes, the coaches made sure we knew that." "YSU/UNI/CSU/Next opponent, they are a good team, it's time to go back to the tape room and prepare for next Saturday." This team has all the confidence in themselves and their coaching staff, and the talent to back that confidence up. I have seen very few moments of cockiness with them. Every morning I see Brock Jensen and Carson Wentz and quite a few others Tweeting their daily devotions Bible verse. These guys are well grounded, and know where they are going to be after the football game and career are over. Craig Bohl isn't just bringing up great football teams, he is bringing up a great generation of young men, and together, they can change anything they want.

This picture right here shows me 100% why we are doing so well, and that is the ENTIRE YSU team in that circle with the NDSU players.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/apolloo13/IMG_20121006_155929.jpg

God Bless, have a great week. I can't wait for Saturday!

And GO BISON!!

Professor Chaos
October 8th, 2012, 08:42 AM
This picture right here shows me 100% why we are doing so well, and that is the ENTIRE YSU team in that circle with the NDSU players.

Great post!

I was gone by this point so I didn't notice that but I have a lot of respect for Coach Wolford and his team. The guy was pure class in his postgame press conference with his comments regarding NDSU and it looks like that has filtered down to the players by the fact that so many of them were in the postgame prayer circle. I'm sure it was tough for him and for them but it's a testament to their character to have that kind of dignity in defeat.

SpeedkingATL
October 8th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Great slate of games for this weekend. The GaSo vs Wofford and Sammy vs App games will have a lot to do in determining the SoCon and potential playoff invites. I expect another track meet to break out at the Sammy/App shindig and GaSo vs Wofford to be a slobber-knocker.

moosbah
October 8th, 2012, 10:43 AM
And you are right, their passing attack (or lack thereof) isn't much of a threat... Shakir is similar to Barry Sanders in that you never know when he is going to snap off a nasty run. As fun as it is to watch him run the football, it is far more enjoyable to watch your team's Defense shut him down. Is it Saturday again yet? Enjoy the game!

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let's be easy throwing this around. I'd say he posses some ability to break a big play, but his similarities to Sanders are not that great.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 8th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let's be easy throwing this around. I'd say he posses some ability to break a big play, but his similarities to Sanders are not that great.

Dude, you know what I mean. I am obviously NOT saying he is the next Barry Sanders... Only saying that you can bottle him up and contain him for short periods of time, but before long, he'll snap off a rediculous run for 6. That's exactly what Barry used to do.

Plus, I'd be willing to bet that you've never seen him play. Just curious - have you?

moosbah
October 8th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Dude, you know what I mean. I am obviously NOT saying he is the next Barry Sanders... Only saying that you can bottle him up and contain him for short periods of time, but before long, he'll snap off a rediculous run for 6. That's exactly what Barry used to do.

Plus, I'd be willing to bet that you've never seen him play. Just curious - have you?

Just razzin ya. And yes, I have seen him play.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 8th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Just razzin ya. And yes, I have seen him play.

Alright then - you know what I'm talking about..

I'm looking forward to seeing how NDSU does against him this coming weekend. If they hold him to less than 54 yards (which is what SDSU did), I will agree with Lakes that NDSU needs to immediately be inserted into the Big 10.

moosbah
October 8th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Alright then - you know what I'm talking about..

I'm looking forward to seeing how NDSU does against him this coming weekend. If they hold him to less than 54 yards (which is what SDSU did), I will agree with Lakes that NDSU needs to immediately be inserted into the Big 10.

Please don't encourage him.

I think I speak for most Bison fans that we actually do hope he plays......and that we knock him out of the game. xbeerchugx

LakesBison
October 8th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Yo jacked u see my apolgy letter to ya ? Ill buy ya 3 shots at ndsu sdsu game haha

Jacked_Rabbit
October 8th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Yo jacked u see my apolgy letter to ya ? Ill buy ya 3 shots at ndsu sdsu game haha

haha - sign me up!! I'm sure I'll need the extra booze to help ease the pain.

FargoBison
October 8th, 2012, 08:57 PM
My picks...

I'm probably the least sure about App State vs Samford, UCA/McNeese might be the biggest game nobody is talking about because I think the winner has a decent shot at getting a playoff spot while it could be tough sledding for the loser.

gsu_paintballer
October 8th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Great slate of games for this weekend. The GaSo vs Wofford and Sammy vs App games will have a lot to do in determining the SoCon and potential playoff invites. I expect another track meet to break out at the Sammy/App shindig and GaSo vs Wofford to be a slobber-knocker.

Agreed. Looking forward to this weekend, as well as your teams trip down in a couple weeks.