#3 Illinois State
#4 South Dakota State
#5 Indiana State
#6 Northern Iowa
#7 Southern Illinois
#8 Western Illinois
#9 South Dakota
#10 Missouri State

Read More Here (http://mvfcfan.blogspot.com/2012/10/millers-power-rankings-week-6.html)

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 7th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Looks like your formula is working itself out.

This week's game of YSU/Ill State is an interesting one.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 7th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Looks good, Miller. I have no fancy formula, but this is how I currently see things:

1. North Dakota St. - Head and shoulders above the rest; on their own level. With the toughest part of the schedule behind them, their own worst enemy is themselves.
2. Youngstown St. - Even after getting dismantled at NDSU, it's still hard to move them lower than any others right now. Let's wait and see how things play out.
3. Northern Iowa - Regardless of their record, the Panthers are still likely the 2nd best team in the conference. I think they beat YSU 4-3 in best of 7 on a neutral field.
4. South Dakota St. - Having beat Indiana St. head to head in Terre Haute gives the Jacks the nod here. Still have to play SIU, UNI, YSU & NDSU, so a tough road ahead.
5a. Indiana St. - In a virtual tie with Illinois St. until they play one another, but they've looked better as of late. SIU is right in this pack too.
5b. Illinois St. - Two tough weeks in a row for the Redbirds, and I'm still shocked they put up a goose egg at home vs SIU last weekend. Better get things turned around quickly.
5bb. Southern Illinois - I know, they just beat ISU-R on their home turf, so this makes no sense... Plus, they beat an under rated MSU team on the road.
8. Western Illinois - Semi-impressive road victory last week makes you think twice about this team. You can't take them for granted, or you end up looking like USD.
9. Missouri St. - Have now lost 3 close games in a row to SIU, SDSU & ISU-B. If you think they are a doormat, wait until USD comes to town next week.
10. South Dakota - Capable of beating many teams in the conference, but still not enough talent/depth/consistancy to make it through an entire MVFC schedule.

mmiller_34
October 7th, 2012, 03:17 PM
This week's game of YSU/Ill State is an interesting one.

Illinois State needs to play much much better than they have been the past two weeks if they want to beat Youngstown State. I'm sure both teams will be fired up after losses this week.

I also think that SIU-UNI will be very interesting.

mmiller_34
October 7th, 2012, 03:21 PM
5bb. Southern Illinois - I know, they just beat ISU-R on their home turf, so this makes no sense... Plus, they beat an under rated MSU team on the road.

I think you put them in a good spot. They beat MSU & ILL St. but were out-gained on offense by a considerable amount. They didn't have over 200 yards of offense in either game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 7th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Illinois State needs to play much much better than they have been the past two weeks if they want to beat Youngstown State. I'm sure both teams will be fired up after losses this week.

I also think that SIU-UNI will be very interesting.

I forgot about SIU/UNI. UNI has had troubles over the years in Carbondale. IMO, if UNI wins out they are in the playoffs even with a D2 win.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 7th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Jackbunnies are too low?

mmiller_34
October 7th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Jackbunnies are too low?

Hard to say. Illinois State got beat by SIU, but SDSU played poorly against MSU and UC Davis.

MplsBison
October 7th, 2012, 07:34 PM
The formula results aren't worth discussing.

No_Skill
October 7th, 2012, 07:38 PM

So there's no reason for you to post here then...right?

swaghook
October 7th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Yet you took the time to reply to the thread.

Professor Chaos
October 7th, 2012, 07:39 PM
I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone when I say we'll be perfectly happy to have a MplsBison-free discussion regarding them then.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 7th, 2012, 08:00 PM

Big fricking shock...you show up in this thread.

Go away.

MplsBison
October 8th, 2012, 11:11 AM
So there's no reason for you to post here then...right?

The name of the thread is power rankings.

Rankings implies some sort of human judgement. None to be found in miller's formula.

KyRo's ranking would be worth discussing.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 8th, 2012, 11:16 AM
The name of the thread is power rankings.

Rankings implies some sort of human judgement. None to be found in miller's formula.

You are just trying to stir the pot... Rankings are rankings, whether they involve some sort of human judement or simply based on a computer formula. Who cares? Let Miller do his thing and stop hatin'. It's a freaking message board for Christ sakes.. Personally, I'll discuss anything that can distract me from my job and allow me to focus more on football... If a monkey were making picks at a zoo and somebody wanted to start a thread about it, sign me up!

In related news, work blows. Is it Saturday yet?

MplsBison
October 8th, 2012, 11:22 AM
You are just trying to stir the pot... Rankings are rankings, whether they involve some sort of human judement or simply based on a computer formula. Who cares? Let Miller do his thing and stop hatin'. It's a freaking message board for Christ sakes.. Personally, I'll discuss anything that can distract me from my job and allow me to focus more on football... If a monkey were making picks at a zoo and somebody wanted to start a thread about it, sign me up!

In related news, work blows. Is it Saturday yet?

I hate formula rankings. They're wrong and don't work.

The people who create them go to absurd ends to justify them even when they know that they don't work.

I want them banned.

Professor Chaos
October 8th, 2012, 11:30 AM
I read somewhere that mathematical power rankings attract bears. The bears can smell the lack of justification.

Well that's just great. You hear that Mitch? Bears?!? Now you're putting the whole board in jeopardy!

BlueKeyAlum
October 8th, 2012, 11:31 AM

The people who create them go to absurd ends to justify them even when they know that they don't work.

I want them banned.

I hate Nickleback.

People go to absurd ends to justify them even when they know they suck.

I want them banned.

mmiller_34
October 8th, 2012, 11:34 AM
I read somewhere that mathematical power rankings attract bears. The bears can smell the lack of justification.

Well that's just great. You hear that Mitch? Bears?!? Now you're putting the whole board in jeopardy!

Haha, OH I know. Man using math is just terrible. I can't wait for Mpls's response when I get all the FCS conferences into a database. LOL

mmiller_34
October 8th, 2012, 11:39 AM

Well when he gets his posted then you can have at it. OR you could chime in with your own idea of what you think your power rankings would be. Go ahead Mpls, I really want to know how you would rank the MVFC teams. Because, after all, that is what discussion is about. I never said anywhere that people cannot post their ideas on how they would rank the MVFC teams. I have my own little way of ranking the teams and I post them. KyRo does the same. Anyone can chime in with their opinion.

Vitojr130
October 8th, 2012, 11:40 AM

I want them banned.

So I assume that you disagree with the order the teams are ranked in. Please, explain why you think teams shouldn't be ranked in this order. What makes this ranking wrong? Do you not believe NDSU deserves to be #1, YSU #2, etc., etc.? Why don't we have an intelligent discussion as to why they should be ranked in any different order. If you have no argument for other placements, then mmiller's formula works.

mmiller_34
October 8th, 2012, 11:51 AM
If you have no argument for other placements, then mmiller's formula works.

Its not even really about if my formula works or not. Its about the fact that I, and others, actually put something constructive out there and he doesn't.

MplsBison
October 8th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Haha, OH I know. Man using math is just terrible. I can't wait for Mpls's response when I get all the FCS conferences into a database. LOL

My response is that you'd just be a layman trying to do the same thing Massey et. al. can't do. If they can't do it, you have no chance in heck.

So why not just rank the teams yourself?

MplsBison
October 8th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Its not even really about if my formula works or not. Its about the fact that I, and others, actually put something constructive out there and he doesn't.

It's even more base than that. I want to know what kind of a person feels more satisfied with themselves hiding behind an algorithm than actually putting their own judgements on the line for people to critique.

I guess someone afraid of failure? Got me, I'm no therapist.

mmiller_34
October 8th, 2012, 12:31 PM
My response is that you'd just be a layman trying to do the same thing Massey et. al. can't do. If they can't do it, you have no chance in heck.

So why not just rank the teams yourself?

My response: Its a hobby.

UNIFanSince1983
October 8th, 2012, 12:36 PM
It's even more base than that. I want to know what kind of a person feels more satisfied with themselves hiding behind an algorithm than actually putting their own judgements on the line for people to critique.

All you do is bash other people while not putting your opinion out there? Are you just hiding behind the fact that you actually know nothing about football?

frozennorth
October 8th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Hard to say. Illinois State got beat by SIU, but SDSU played poorly against MSU and UC Davis.

cal poly and montana state also played poorly against uc davis, so i don't think anyone shoudl hold that against sdsu

mmiller_34
October 8th, 2012, 12:37 PM

Not hiding. I have no hesitation giving my own opinions and judgements, I do this every week almost daily on the blog. Which is another hobby, by the way.

I write a blog with my opinions, predictions, and analysis of MVFC teams. I conjured up an algorithm, for fun, as part of the blog. All of this is done in my own name, Mitchell Miller, both on the blog and part of my AGS user name. I don't see how I am hiding behind ANYTHING.

So, in fact, you're the coward?

MplsBison
October 8th, 2012, 01:04 PM
My response: Its a hobby.

So you enjoy failing at something in your spare time that you know people who do it for a living still fail miserably at? That perverse, I guess.

MplsBison
October 8th, 2012, 01:06 PM
All you do is bash other people while not putting your opinion out there? Are you just hiding behind the fact that you actually know nothing about football?

Of course I'm not going to rank a list of teams that have not all played each other. The concept is absurd.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 8th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Of course I'm not going to rank a list of teams that have not all played each other. The concept is absurd.

Congratulations, you have absolutely smoked lakesbison as the biggest troll asshole on this board.

http://www.monkeyland.co.za/userfiles/article/news/news12/monkeys_fling_poo.jpg

MplsBison
October 8th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Not hiding. I have no hesitation giving my own opinions and judgements, I do this every week almost daily on the blog. Which is another hobby, by the way.

I write a blog with my opinions, predictions, and analysis of MVFC teams. I conjured up an algorithm, for fun, as part of the blog. All of this is done in my own name, Mitchell Miller, both on the blog and part of my AGS user name. I don't see how I am hiding behind ANYTHING.

I never have and will never question your right to anonymity, which you've waived. You're no better or more credible than joe blo anonymous simply because you've chosen to waive that right, so get off your high horse.

Your blog is fine, I don't read it. But there was never any benefit to having a forumla-based ranking. If anything, it detracts from the blog.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 8th, 2012, 01:12 PM

In that case, you must not watch or pay attention to any media outlets (TV, radio, internet, or otherwise) that cover sports because that's all they do. Lighten up, dude. You are trying so hard to create an argument only for the sake of arguing. I can tell that you honestly could care less what Miller does - you simply want something to bitch about. I'd hate to get your take on Politics... xbangx

MplsBison
October 8th, 2012, 01:14 PM
In that case, you must not watch or pay attention to any media outlets (TV, radio, internet, or otherwise) that cover sports because that's all they do. Lighten up, dude. You are trying so hard to create an argument only for the sake of arguing. I can tell that you honestly could care less what Miller does - you simply want something to bitch about. I'd hate to get your take on Politics... xbangx

Someone on an internet message board tells someone else on an internet message board to lighten up.

Get it?? It's a joke.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 8th, 2012, 01:21 PM

You do a great job with your blog and your formula for rankings. You take the time to do it.....kudos to you.

Ignore mplsund, he is a troll plain-and-simple.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 8th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Someone on an internet message board tells someone else on an internet message board to lighten up.

Get it?? It's a joke.

Sure do - glad we're on the same page.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 8th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Sure do - glad we're on the same page.

On a side note.......If the Jacks keep playing like they are, the game in the FD will be huge.

mmiller_34
October 8th, 2012, 01:28 PM
I never have and will never question your right to anonymity, which you've waived. You're no better or more credible than joe blo anonymous simply because you've chosen to waive that right, so get off your high horse.

Your blog is fine, I don't read it. But there was never any benefit to having a forumla-based ranking. If anything, it detracts from the blog.

HA. I'm on a higher horse than you. :)

mmiller_34
October 8th, 2012, 01:29 PM
On a side note.......If the Jacks keep playing like they are, the game in the FD will be huge.

That is true. However, SDSU needs to find a way to be more dynamic on offense if they want to challenge the Bison in Fargo. Zenner is great, but I've been questioning Sumner's ability to take over the game like he was able to last year. We'll see, maybe this off week was what he needed.

DJKyR0
October 8th, 2012, 01:38 PM
My Monday Musings including a breakdown of NDSU-YSU, what Illinois State is putting in the water, and some other stuff. I'll have my power rankings out at some point in the future. http://mvfcfan.blogspot.com/2012/10/monday-musings-post-week-6.html

One point I intend to mash on as we get closer to NDSU-SDSU is Zenner's durability. Averaging over 25 carries per game in the Valley is not a good formula for a full eleven-game slate and I question how well a sophomore will hold up in the latter half of the season. No doubt Zenner is a beast but I'm eager to see how NDSU handles him.

MplsBison
October 8th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Well hopefully Ojuri comes back because Crockett is the only true tailback at NDSU right now, from what I'm seeing. Looks like Matt Jones and Dinwiddie got 2 carries each to Crockett's 25.

crusader11
October 8th, 2012, 02:00 PM
If North Dakota State was in the MAC, could they win that league? Serious question, and would like to get some answers from knowledgeable MVC and NDSU fans.

Ohio, Toledo, and Northern Illinois are all pretty good, but not THAT good that NDSU couldn't beat any one of them. Hell, UMass nearly beat Ohio.

It's something interesting to think about.

LakesBison
October 8th, 2012, 02:12 PM
^^^ absolutely, ndsu crushed mac champ 44-10 on their field just 4 years ago central michigan ^^^

if ndsu went to the mac, theyd be in a bowl game every year on ESPN and on ESPN 2-3 times per year.

Professor Chaos
October 8th, 2012, 02:26 PM
If North Dakota State was in the MAC, could they win that league? Serious question, and would like to get some answers from knowledgeable MVC and NDSU fans.

Ohio, Toledo, and Northern Illinois are all pretty good, but not THAT good that NDSU couldn't beat any one of them. Hell, UMass nearly beat Ohio.

If NDSU could avoid injuries at some key positions where we couldn't afford it (O-line, LB, Safety with Heagle out) I would give them as good of a chance as any team currently in the MAC. The biggest problem is all those other teams have the depth advantage.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 8th, 2012, 02:27 PM

The week-in-week-out grind would be more difficult, but yes, NDSU has a good enough team to win the MAC in my opinion. The difference between NDSU and the vast majority of MAC teams is that the Bison actually play defense.

Redbird Ray
October 8th, 2012, 02:46 PM
NDSU would win the MAC. The MAC is hardly, if at all, better than the MVFC. Any MAC fan that tells you any different has no clue what they are talking about.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 8th, 2012, 02:49 PM
NDSU would win the MAC. The MAC is hardly, if at all, better than the MVFC. Any MAC fan that tells you any different has no clue what they are talking about.

I work with a Bowling Green grad. There are days I nearly have to choke him out when we have this argument... Couldn't agree more, Ray.

underdawg
October 8th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Looks good, Miller. I have no fancy formula, but this is how I currently see things:

1. North Dakota St. - Head and shoulders above the rest; on their own level. With the toughest part of the schedule behind them, their own worst enemy is themselves.
2. Youngstown St. - Even after getting dismantled at NDSU, it's still hard to move them lower than any others right now. Let's wait and see how things play out.
3. Northern Iowa - Regardless of their record, the Panthers are still likely the 2nd best team in the conference. I think they beat YSU 4-3 in best of 7 on a neutral field.
4. South Dakota St. - Having beat Indiana St. head to head in Terre Haute gives the Jacks the nod here. Still have to play SIU, UNI, YSU & NDSU, so a tough road ahead.
5a. Indiana St. - In a virtual tie with Illinois St. until they play one another, but they've looked better as of late. SIU is right in this pack too.
5b. Illinois St. - Two tough weeks in a row for the Redbirds, and I'm still shocked they put up a goose egg at home vs SIU last weekend. Better get things turned around quickly.
8. Western Illinois - Semi-impressive road victory last week makes you think twice about this team. You can't take them for granted, or you end up looking like USD.
9. Missouri St. - Have now lost 3 close games in a row to SIU, SDSU & ISU-B. If you think they are a doormat, wait until USD comes to town next week.
10. South Dakota - Capable of beating many teams in the conference, but still not enough talent/depth/consistancy to make it through an entire MVFC schedule.

As an SIU fan I must say that we must earn our respect and if I was another fan I'd probably rate us that low too. We must get some "O" to go with our salty defense. Maybe next season for us.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 8th, 2012, 10:04 PM
As an SIU fan I must say that we must earn our respect and if I was another fan I'd probably rate us that low too. We must get some "O" to go with our salty defense. Maybe next season for us.

I know one thing - I'm not looking forward to when we have to visit Carbondale. It's gonna be a dog fight... SIU is just as easily the 4th best team in the Valley right now, today, as they are the 7th. Same goes for SDSU. There is a pretty tight group of solid teams in the middle of the pack, as always.

LakesBison
October 8th, 2012, 10:45 PM
how in the sam hell did siu beat ill state 17-0 ? I was figuring a coach was fired after that loss in carbondale

Houndawg
October 9th, 2012, 04:33 AM
how in the sam hell did siu beat ill state 17-0 ? I was figuring a coach was fired after that loss in carbondale

It wasn't in carbondale, it was their homecoming, they were undefeated, and facing an opponent with serious problems on offense - classic trap game. Our defense is good - the problem there is our offense - they convert so few 3rd downs that the defense runs out of gas eventually. If we had any kind of o at all we'd be a tough out.

UNIFanSince1983
October 9th, 2012, 06:48 AM

SIU isn't as bad as they have looked, and Illinois State was not as good as their record had indicated.

DJKyR0
October 10th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Finally put tOfether my power rankings for this week. Fire away. http://mvfcfan.blogspot.com/2012/10/roths-power-rankings-week-7.html?m=1

AmsterBison
October 10th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Was watching some ISU-Blue. Holy cow did SIU's defense look nasty! And that was in the other team's highlights. SIU's offense must be terrible, but if it improves, watch out.

For those of you who don't have the MVFC decoder ring: ISU-Blue = Indiana State (ISU-Red = Illinois State) and SIU is Southern Illinois.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 10th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Finally put tOfether my power rankings for this week. Fire away. http://mvfcfan.blogspot.com/2012/10/roths-power-rankings-week-7.html?m=1

Looks good. I have UNI 3rd and SDSU 4th, but I can see why you have them flipped for the time being. Indiana St., Illinois St. & SIU are all interchangable at this point, but we should know a lot more about them after this weekend. I also think Missouri State knocks off USD this weekend to get themselves out of the cellar.

UNIFanSince1983
October 10th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Was watching some ISU-Blue. Holy cow did SIU's defense look nasty! And that was in the other team's highlights. SIU's offense must be terrible, but if it improves, watch out.

For those of you who don't have the MVFC decoder ring: ISU-Blue = Indiana State (ISU-Red = Illinois State) and SIU is Southern Illinois.

If their offense is that putrid their defense better be as good as NDSU's if they want to compete week in week out.

LakesBison
October 10th, 2012, 12:35 PM
yes, i was just surprised at siu, since i watched their game vs eastern illinois and they looked like a naia team.

penguinpower
October 10th, 2012, 12:48 PM
I hate Nickleback.

People go to absurd ends to justify them even when they know they suck.

I want them banned.

I thought I was the only other person that felt this wasy about Nickleback. They need to the fire the person that gave them a record deal. Damnit I hate them!

Kemo
October 10th, 2012, 01:03 PM
I thought I was the only other person that felt this wasy about Nickleback. They need to the fire the person that gave them a record deal. Damnit I hate them!
Really? I think it's actually trendy to hate Nickleback.

I'm not a Nickleback fan or apologist, I just don't get the hate either. They sing "iffy" songs that get them laid. How many men out there wouldn't trade bellowing into a microphone for an hour to be hated by most, but loved by the most important demographic: 18-24 year old females?

Jacked_Rabbit
October 10th, 2012, 01:05 PM

I'm not a Nickleback fan or apologist, I just don't get the hate either. They sing "iffy" songs that get them laid. How many men out there wouldn't trade bellowing into a microphone for an hour to be hated by most, but loved by the most important demographic: 18-24 year old females?

Where do I sign up?!

penguinpower
October 10th, 2012, 01:17 PM

They are so bad that I start getting a brain aneurism if I am within earshot. Zero talent. Worst band I have ever heard.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 10th, 2012, 01:33 PM

Doesn't look too bad, although I think Illinois State should be alittle higher.

DJKyR0
October 10th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Doesn't look too bad, although I think Illinois State should be alittle higher.

Tricky to place. On one hand, getting shut out at home is just ridiculous, by then UNI is still looking for their first D-1 win. I'm expecting some shifting this weekend.

Professor Chaos
October 10th, 2012, 01:44 PM
If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear a message from the devil. Even worse, if you play a Nickelback song forwards you'll hear a message from Nickelback.

ysubigred
October 10th, 2012, 01:48 PM
If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear a message from the devil. Even worse, if you play a Nickelback song forwards you'll hear a message from Nickelback.

Damn! Talk about hijacking a thread LOL!! Here's my xtwocentsx

Lead Singers We Love to Hate
Chad Kroeger (of Nickelback): The most curious paradox in all of rock 'n' roll can be summed up by the following question: If no one likes Nickelback, who are all those people filling the arena every time they play a show? As the singer-bassist of the world's most and least ... morepopular rock band, Chad Kroeger is the living embodiment of this paradox, and the person it probably comes down on hardest -- though he may be taking solace in the piles of money and fan love he gets to roll around in. The fact that he recently became engaged to Avril Lavigne only adds to the love-hate difficulty.

http://content5.catalog.photos.msn.com/ds/d880c46d-0a0a-4a58-82cb-96f50a9388bf.jpg

http://music.msn.com/lead-singers-we-love-to-hate/photo-gallery/feature/?photoidx=12

BucBisonAtLarge
October 10th, 2012, 01:55 PM

I want them banned.

Troll with bait... I heard a cackle from under that rock near the I-35E bridge

Houndawg
October 10th, 2012, 02:06 PM
yes, i was just surprised at siu, since i watched their game vs eastern illinois and they looked like a naia team.

The excuse making the rounds is that there was no film available because of EIU's new coaching staff and offense so we had to go in blind. And our OC is from an NAIA school up in Iowa somewhere to whom Lennon appears to be too loyal to fire.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 10th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Tricky to place. On one hand, getting shut out at home is just ridiculous, by then UNI is still looking for their first D-1 win. I'm expecting some shifting this weekend.

0-17 was a shocker for sure.

Tough call on YSU going to Ill State. IMO, YSU comes out on fire in this game after the egg they laid last week.

BucBisonAtLarge
October 10th, 2012, 02:08 PM
I was really impressed with NDSU's ability to punish on any YSU turnover last week. Sitting in the Fargodome, after the three turnovers led to 21 Bison points, it somehow felt like the Guins were still in the game.. then the 3rd quarter started. NDSU's offense sustained two drives, while the Bison defense smothered YSU. That was a textbook dismantling.

UNI goes to the playoffs if they win out-- the RPI will likely bear that out. YSU has a lot to prove this week.

Houndawg
October 10th, 2012, 02:09 PM
SIU isn't as bad as they have looked, and Illinois State was not as good as their record had indicated.

Half right, we have been as bad on offense as we've looked. I agree that ISU is at least a little overrated.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 10th, 2012, 02:12 PM
The excuse making the rounds is that there was no film available because of EIU's new coaching staff and offense so we had to go in blind. And our OC is from an NAIA school up in Iowa somewhere to whom Lennon appears to be too loyal to fire.

DeBoer came from Sioux Falls college in Sioux Falls. He won 3 NCs with them. I thought someone on BV said the coaches here were interested in him....?

He had really good offenses at the NAIA level.....but maybe now it is just the athletes in those positions??? I don't know...haven't seen much of SIU this year...just a few highlights.

Houndawg
October 10th, 2012, 02:15 PM

SIU's o line is still trying to come together. One problem is that the center can't make a good snap when the QB is in shotgun so the timing is effed from the get. I think we'd do better putting the QB under center and an FB in front of McCall and maybe even two TEs since Pruitt has the speed to get downfield, and do our throwing off the play action.

Houndawg
October 10th, 2012, 02:17 PM
DeBoer came from Sioux Falls college in Sioux Falls. He won 3 NCs with them. I thought someone on BV said the coaches here were interested in him....?

He had really good offenses at the NAIA level.....but maybe now it is just the athletes in those positions??? I don't know...haven't seen much of SIU this year...just a few highlights.

I'm sure that the athletes are part of it, but what pisses me off is that I don't see us trying to do what good coaches do and adjust our system to fit what we have. It should not take this long to figure out that the screen game isn't the way to go with this team.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 10th, 2012, 02:20 PM
I'm sure that the athletes are part of it, but what pisses me off is that I don't see us trying to do what good coaches do and adjust our system to fit what we have. It should not take this long to figure out that the screen game isn't the way to go with this team.

Oh sh**.....Lennon loved the 'bubble screen' crap when he was at UND. When SIU was here in the FD, it looked exactly like UND's offense.....which, I suppose, shouldn't surprise me with him coming from there. But I know what you mean.

Houndawg
October 10th, 2012, 02:23 PM

Swanson, NT, and Boatwright, DE could start anywhere in the MVC, NDSU included. They were the two leading tacklers last year playing in the 3-4, not what you'd expect, and Swanson took Ol' Miss's Rimington winning center to church when we met - 8 tackles, 2 sacks. Last week he was finally at 100%. Only chance we'll have against the Bison is another 9-3 type game.

Houndawg
October 10th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Oh sh**.....Lennon loved the 'bubble screen' crap when he was at UND. When SIU was here in the FD, it looked exactly like UND's offense.....which, I suppose, shouldn't surprise me with him coming from there. But I know what you mean.

The tackling is too good in the MVC for that deuce to work more than once in a while, even though we have some fast backs.