PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 6

superman7515
October 6th, 2012, 10:52 PM
As always, hope this helps with your polls this week. If you catch any errors, leave a message.

AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 6 2012 (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgtKAORz8z6vdGZlWVNGLUFxM3Y1UGVXdHQ4VzBIQ 0E)

Jacked_Rabbit
October 6th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Who in the world is voting Cal Poly #1 and why are their ballots not being tossed out?!

ngineer
October 6th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Thanks, as always. This really helps.

ngineer
October 6th, 2012, 11:12 PM
just tried to vote and after clicking the AGS POLL link message said not being accepted?????

superman7515
October 6th, 2012, 11:16 PM
just tried to vote and after clicking the AGS POLL link message said not being accepted?????

I post the results as soon as every team that got votes has completed their games for the week. They don't open the poll until every FCS team, whether they got votes or not, has finished playing. Sometimes mine gets done before they open the polls.

ngineer
October 6th, 2012, 11:24 PM
OK--I just was able to vote. Thanks.

Engineer86
October 7th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Bump, thanks as always a big help

kalm
October 7th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Will 1-4 UNI move up after the bye week? A couple of teams right in front of them lost....:)

ITmonarch10
October 7th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Will 1-4 UNI move up after the bye week? A couple of teams right in front of them lost....:)
They shouldn't be in the top 25 to begin with. Its fairly late in the season now and they don't have a resume at all to back up their rank.

bjtheflamesfan
October 7th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Agree with kalm...I made the mistake of ranking the Panthers and keeping them as high as I did...that mistake was rectified this week and the only way they get back in is going on a pretty big streak coming off this bye week

paward
October 7th, 2012, 10:46 AM
I have to admit I have had UNI almost every week. I keep thinking they will turn the corner. I just could not keep them in with so many other teams will a better resume. FWIW, thanks for this information each week. It makes the job a whole lot easier along with vertical views.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 7th, 2012, 12:36 PM
They shouldn't be in the top 25 to begin with. Its fairly late in the season now and they don't have a resume at all to back up their rank.

There are two schools of thought here:

1. You can't include UNI in the Top 25 because of their record and lack of wins against D1 opponents.

And 2. Regardless of their record, the Top 25 is reserved for the best 25 teams in the country. Is UNI one of the best 25 teams? Certainly. That's why they are included in my Top 25.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 7th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Who in the world is voting Cal Poly #1 and why are their ballots not being tossed out?!

Well apparently two people are, and do they not have a case? Undefeated with a win over an FBS? They're only tossed out if they're the only vote, and it's for their own team.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 7th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Well apparently two people are, and do they not have a case? Undefeated with a win over an FBS? They're only tossed out if they're the only vote, and it's for their own team.

I guess if you want to consciously and intentially overlook the defending champs that have done nothing but steamroll opponents, you just made the case for them. Didn't realize you couldn't vote for your own school, so I thought it was a probably a couple Mustang homers.

DSUrocks07
October 7th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Sacramento State has an FBS win...

Screamin_Eagle174
October 7th, 2012, 01:00 PM
I guess if you want to consciously and intentially overlook the defending champs that have done nothing but steamroll opponents, you just made the case for them. Didn't realize you couldn't vote for your own school, so I thought it was a probably a couple Mustang homers.

I didn't say it wasn't ridiculous to vote for anyone other than NDSU #1 at this point, but I can understand the logic. You can vote for your school, you just can't be the only one.

HailSzczur
October 7th, 2012, 11:51 PM
bump. This was about to slide to page 3.

Hawk98
October 8th, 2012, 06:29 AM
There are two schools of thought here:

1. You can't include UNI in the Top 25 because of their record and lack of wins against D1 opponents.

And 2. Regardless of their record, the Top 25 is reserved for the best 25 teams in the country. Is UNI one of the best 25 teams? Certainly. That's why they are included in my Top 25.

It's funny, but to me, good team win. If you don't win, you aren't a good team.

Professor Chaos
October 8th, 2012, 07:49 AM
And so far this year UNI has played 4 very good teams (relative to FCS). When two good teams play each other, one has to lose.

Hawk98
October 8th, 2012, 08:14 AM
And so far this year UNI has played 4 very good teams (relative to FCS). When two good teams play each other, one has to lose.

And if you are always on the losing side, then maybe you aren't so good.

clenz
October 8th, 2012, 08:20 AM

So....you'd put ten thousand dollars down on a bet that tennessee state would beat uni, right?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Hawk98
October 8th, 2012, 08:27 AM
So....you'd put ten thousand dollars down on a bet that tennessee state would beat uni, right?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

No, because I don't bet money on sports.

But I would rank tennessee st ahead of UNI, because they've earned it by winning on the field. I'm not of the mindset that 'what we expect' teams to do should matter in rankings. UNI might beat Tennessee St, but until they do that, I wouldn't give them credit for it.

Professor Chaos
October 8th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Maybe not, but maybe they are and they're a victim of circumstance. I'm of the opinion that they are a good team but I can respect the opinion of those that think they are not. I still have them in my top 25 because I think they're a flat out better squad than any of my bubble teams. They're hanging by a thread though and one more loss would cut that thread.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 8th, 2012, 09:46 AM
1:15 left! Still having problems figuring out your vote? All the Top 25 box scores and recaps here:

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/fcs-information-center/this-week-in-fcs/top-25-scoreboard

superman7515
October 8th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Ya know, you could just start your own thread to promote your material. xlolx

Lehigh Football Nation
October 8th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Maybe next time, when I finish them before 90 minutes before the poll deadline! :P

Jacked_Rabbit
October 8th, 2012, 10:13 AM

My fault, I guess there is actually a 3rd school of thought:

3. If you don't win the games on the field, regardless of the quality of opponent you are facing, you are not a good team. AKA, You are what your record says you are.

I can't say I personally agree with this theory, but I can understand how some voters would follow this thought process. The fact of the matter is, UNI is one of the best 25 teams in the Nation, and they are probably one of the best 15. The fact that they've played Wisconsin, Iowa, NDSU, & YSU is the reason why their record currently is what it is. Outside of NDSU, I don't know if there are any other teams that would have any better of a record (or actual results - all relatively close losses) playing this difficult of a schedule.

cpalum
October 8th, 2012, 11:02 AM

I wouldn't put Cal Poly at #1 but its not nearly as outrageous as you suggest....they'e beaten everyone they have played; they are 3-0 on the road and 3-0 in conference. I could list several teams that are ranked ahead of them that have resumes that are weaker than Cal Poly's. The truth is pre-season assumptions still benefit certain teams and hurt others. Cal Poly was just outside of the top 25 in most polls before the season began....had they been in the top 15 most folks would be looking at them as a top 5 team at this point. xcoffeex

BEAR
October 8th, 2012, 11:04 AM
I gotta get in on that poll voting sometime. xlolx

Jacked_Rabbit
October 8th, 2012, 11:19 AM
I wouldn't put Cal Poly at #1 but its not nearly as outrageous as you suggest....they'e beaten everyone they have played; they are 3-0 on the road and 3-0 in conference. I could list several teams that are ranked ahead of them that have resumes that are weaker than Cal Poly's. The truth is pre-season assumptions still benefit certain teams and hurt others. Cal Poly was just outside of the top 25 in most polls before the season began....had they been in the top 15 most folks would be looking at them as a top 5 team at this point. xcoffeex

I agree with everything here... Not outrageous, but I don't believe they current warrant the #1 spot, and I'm surprised that 2 people actually do. Also, I didn't realize that it had to be a non Cal Poly backer that voted them #1, so that makes a difference. Just assumed there was some homer-ism going on.

I love Cal Poly and will be rooting for you to win the Big Sky - still to this day the favorite place I've ever played. I'll never forget the chick in the tube top that was standing in the front row behind our bench prior to kick off... Looked like Kate Upton. Mmmm, memories... xrolleyesx

cpalum
October 8th, 2012, 11:26 AM
I love Cal Poly and will be rooting for you to win the Big Sky - still to this day the favorite place I've ever played. I'll never forget the chick in the tube top that was standing in the front row behind our bench prior to kick off... Looked like Kate Upton. Mmmm, memories... xrolleyesx

Crap!...how did I miss that

Jacked_Rabbit
October 8th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Crap!...how did I miss that

I'm sure you can find her (or one of her look-a-likes) any time you're at a home game in SLO... Although the women of South Dakota provide warmth in the winter and shade in the summer, they still aren't quite as beautiful as those Cali coed's. Hah!

Sure hope my wife doesn't read this... I kid, I kid. My wife is a dime piece.

deez_na
October 8th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Just curious but how on earth does YSU have a single vote? losing 48-7 to NDSU and somebody still voted for them lol, that's hilarious.

asucrutch23
October 8th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Just curious but how on earth does YSU have a single vote? losing 48-7 to NDSU and somebody still voted for them lol, that's hilarious.

Are you referring to their first place vote? If so, that vote is from last week since this reflects last week's poll and "How They Fared" in week 6. Notice that YSU dropped to #8 in this week's poll (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?119332-AGS-Top-25-Week-6-Poll-Results) after the blowout loss. And needless to say, that one voter changed his mind. xlolx

deez_na
October 8th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Are you referring to their first place vote? If so, that vote is from last week since this reflects last week's poll and "How They Fared" in week 6. Notice that YSU dropped to #8 in this week's poll (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?119332-AGS-Top-25-Week-6-Poll-Results) after the blowout loss. And needless to say, that one voter changed his mind. xlolx

Oh yeah that's right. I was stunned for a minute thinking this was up to date.