PDA

View Full Version : Wofford at Georgia Southern

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 6th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Thought I'd get this one started. Huge implications for this game.

seantaylor
October 7th, 2012, 12:25 AM
GSU wins easily. Think 2004. Wofford's D is very suspect, and I feel we haven't shown much of our playbook. I bet Izzy plays a ton next weeks somewhere other than QB

Gringer1
October 7th, 2012, 12:43 AM
I feel like most GSU fans on this site spend half their time scrambling to do damage control over eagleskins' constant invocation of the Woofing Theorem.

seantaylor
October 7th, 2012, 01:11 AM
So, when it happens you will make amends? Like when I called 10 wins in Monkens first season and all the Hatcherites were saying 4 or 5 wins. Look, I know you pay for p, but find someone else to obsess about. Thanks

Reign of Terrier
October 7th, 2012, 02:35 AM
yeah.....Wofford's D is suspect. We let a very good offensive team run up a whopping 320ish yards of offense. We're weak, GSU by 70.

I-16Bandit
October 7th, 2012, 02:56 AM
I feel like most GSU fans on this site spend half their time scrambling to do damage control over eagleskins' constant invocation of the Woofing Theorem.

You bring attention to his posts ALL THE TIME. Just stop. You're only giving him what he wants.

Mountaineer#96
October 7th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Picking GSU for this one, by two scores.

Ivytalk
October 7th, 2012, 08:09 AM
This will be a titanic struggle at Paulson, with SoCon leadership at stake. GSU by 8.

blueballs
October 7th, 2012, 08:10 AM
This should be interesting...

Last year GSU steamrolled Wofford in the second half after a tight first half. If I am a Wofford fan that is my concern- that GSU will line up and run it down their throats.

As for GSU, the keys will be shoring up the special teams, holding on to the ball, and hitting the open passes.

GSU has gotten better each week after the Citadel debacle. The last time Wofford came to Paulson Wofford jumped out 14-0 and withstood a furious GSU rally to win 35-31 in a classic game.

I expect this one to be a barnburner. This will be by far the best defense Wofford has faced. I think GSU wins but it wouldn't surpise me if Wofford does.

gasoutherneagle
October 7th, 2012, 08:18 AM

Last year GSU steamrolled Wofford in the second half after a tight first half. If I am a Wofford fan that is my concern- that GSU will line up and run it down their throats.

As for GSU, the keys will be shoring up the special teams, holding on to the ball, and hitting the open passes.

GSU has gotten better each week after the Citadel debacle. The last time Wofford came to Paulson Wofford jumped out 14-0 and withstood a furious GSU rally to win 35-31 in a classic game.

I expect this one to be a barnburner. This will be by far the best defense Wofford has faced. I think GSU wins but it wouldn't surpise me if Wofford does.

...That just about sums it up for me. xthumbsupx

woffordgrad94
October 7th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Oh boy, this one's going to be tough. I'm so glad we were able to get by Furman before this one so at least there's a little less pressure here. GSU had that early hiccup against The Citadel, but it is looking like more and more of an aberration as the Eagles are starting to put it together and hit their stride. I just hope Saturday is not a day where they do put it all together. Wofford is pretty banged up right now, and we don't know the status of several players for this game yet. Beating GSU is hard enough at full strength, so that could definitely be a factor, though I would never use injuries as an excuse. At least he have had some previous success down at GSU, so hopefully that can give the team some confidence. Win this one, and we are really setting ourselves up good to win the conference title and it should just about ensure a playoff bid.

walliver
October 7th, 2012, 10:41 AM
I'm hoping that the visitor's win streak remains intact.

Although posters like to complain about Wofford's patsy early schedule, GSU's schedule isn't much different (especially after Citadel's collapse). WCU scores were very similar. Wofford handled Elon easier.

This game comes down to execution. Whichever team holds on to the ball better will win. I expect Terriers by 4.

Last year's game still worries me, after a close second half and last second GSU touchdown, after halftime GSU ran out of the field jacked, while Wofford walked out emotionless. I don't know what happened in the locker room, but it can't happen again if we expect to win.

asumike83
October 7th, 2012, 10:47 AM
I like the Eagles by 7.

GSUsTALON
October 7th, 2012, 11:10 AM

Well I think GSU has settled on a starting QB & we have a very good backup. Saturday we had 660 total yards & two passing TDs against Western Carolina. I know Western is not a big threat in the SoCon but we really looked good and executed on offense. I’m always wary of Wofford because you run a good show & play us tough. I expect a close game but do believe that the EAGLES have the upper hand in Paulson Stadium. We should have an overflow crowd on hand to welcome you maybe the highest attendance this year as long as it’s not rainy. With an EAGLE win the SoCon is wide open

GaSouthern
October 7th, 2012, 11:48 AM
The visiting team usually wins in this series, Woffy wins by 7

Reign of Terrier
October 7th, 2012, 12:02 PM
I would say that (and perhaps this is an unpopular opinion) last years game came down to a couple, of which the ball bounced in GSU's favor, for instance I remember at least one overthrown/dropped ball, while the game was still somewhat close that would have gone for a TD had it been completed. The first 3 quarters or so were like that for the Terriers, and then GSU wore us down and took control in the fourth.

As for this year, the offensive composition of both teams has changed, GSU is nowhere near as good of a passing threat as they were last year, and on the flip side Wofford is lightyears better than they were last year passing the ball. On top of that, Wofford has a pitch game that is a legitimate threat against any team we play, unlike last year.

In short, Wofford's offense is a lot better, and our defense is about as good as the numbers say we are (pretty good run defense, average pass defense), but I would also wager we're a better pass defense than the number allude to, if only slightly. We've played some pretty good passing games the last 3 games or so, and that includes Western Carolina (albeit in garbage time). I could be wrong, but I just don't think GSU's passing game is as good as last year, nor do I think their pass game is as efficient as Furman's pass game, nor do I think GSU has NFL talent on the receiving end as Furman did.

Furman gave the blueprint to beat Wofford or any option team in the first half this year and in last year's game (I think GSU actually did this well last year as well). You have to be very efficient passing the ball, have a very good run game, control the TOP, and score most every time you touch the ball. I don't think GSU has the capability to that (and I'm actually scared of a team like NDSU who can do these things quite well). Can GSU run the ball? Definitely. Can they pass the ball with high-efficiency? Perhaps they have the potential, but I'm not sold on that.

On top of that, Wofford is a lot more talented on offense from the skill player position. Granted, they are freshmen/redshirt freshmen, but from a talent perspective, we're a lot faster and just a lot better at the running back position.

My point in this is that the game is going to be a lot different from last year because Wofford is radically different on offense, and GSU is not as good on offense. It will be a close game. Both teams run the ball well, stop the run well, and play solid defense, and that's a recipe for a low-scoring slobber knocker.

I like Wofford, by a hair.

gsu2583
October 7th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Isn't Breitenstein like 32 years old now? I question his eligibility....

woffordgrad94
October 7th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Isn't Breitenstein like 32 years old now? I question his eligibility....

Not quite. He's only 30.

THE HERD
October 7th, 2012, 02:31 PM
The games between you two must go ultra fast with all the running going on? Haha

App1928
October 7th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Eagles by 20

eaglewraith
October 7th, 2012, 02:48 PM
The games between you two must go ultra fast with all the running going on? Haha

Funny but true.

Clock runs fast.

woffordgrad94
October 7th, 2012, 04:13 PM
If GSU wins by 20+ I will post my ding-a-ling to AGS (just as I said in another thread)

Reign of Terrier
October 7th, 2012, 04:26 PM
I don't think GSU has the passing game to beat us by 20.

Reign of Terrier
October 7th, 2012, 04:27 PM
If GSU wins by 20+ I will post my ding-a-ling to AGS (just as I said in another thread)

stop talking. please.

GSU EAGLES
October 7th, 2012, 04:44 PM
I don't think GSU has the passing game to beat us by 20.

Since we turned the starting job over to McKinnon two weeks ago, the offense has been much, much more fluid. Youyoute had no confidence and was lost. McKinnon is in charge out there and he hit a couple of nice TD passes last week.

I am confident had McKinnon been playing against Citadel we would have won by two TD's.

Reign of Terrier
October 7th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Since we turned the starting job over to McKinnon two weeks ago, the offense has been much, much more fluid. Youyoute had no confidence and was lost. McKinnon is in charge out there and he hit a couple of nice TD passes last week.

I am confident had McKinnon been playing against Citadel we would have won by two TD's.

If If If.

I want concrete numbers and results.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 7th, 2012, 04:45 PM

Don't bet against either team winning by 20+...too many question marks. Don't really know a lot about either team yet.

Reign of Terrier
October 7th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Don't bet against either team winning by 20+...too many question marks. Don't really know a lot about either team yet.

with that said, I wouldn't surprised if it ended up that way for either side. Last years game kind of broke open in the last 20 minutes or so. Wofford definitely has the offense this year to do some damage, and we don't seem to have turnover problems like GSU does. And GSU is GSU

GSU EAGLES
October 7th, 2012, 04:47 PM
If If If.

2-4 with two TD passes last week. Pretty efficient in the passing game. 610 yards rushing last week with 660 total yards.

Not to mention the same DL held Breitenstein to 60 yards last year.

How ya like dem #'s?

Reign of Terrier
October 7th, 2012, 04:52 PM
2-4 with two TD passes last week. Pretty efficient in the passing game. 610 yards rushing last week with 660 total yards.

How ya like dem #'s?

It was Western Carolina you were playing and one game does not indicate a trend. App State held EB to 40 yards rushing in 2010, but got run over for 173 the next year, so by your logic the latter was an impossibility. Bringing up the past doesn't really mean anything. We're a different team this year than last.

I mean, come on now, look at the box score,

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=313162747

It's not as simple as saying "we held you to 60 yards rushing therefore we held you in check!" No. The opposite actually. We had 3 rushers over 4 yards a carry. The big thing was GSU's offense kept Wofford off of the field. GSU ran 76 plays, Wofford ran 45. GSU held the ball for 15 minutes longer.

GSU won the game last year on offense and got some stops on defense. They won the game decisively but let's not pretend it was a defensive domination. It wasn't, it was a well executed scheme of ball control.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 7th, 2012, 04:54 PM

How ya like dem #'s?

No doubt the turnover problem has been cleaned up mostly, but Western's defense is pathetic. I think we could have run the fullback dive all day and gotten 350 yards rushing.

GSU EAGLES
October 7th, 2012, 05:11 PM
It was Western Carolina you were playing and one game does not indicate a trend. App State held EB to 40 yards rushing in 2010, but got run over for 173 the next year, so by your logic the latter was an impossibility. Bringing up the past doesn't really mean anything. We're a different team this year than last.

It's not as simple as saying "we held you to 60 yards rushing therefore we held you in check!" No. The opposite actually. We had 3 rushers over 4 yards a carry. The big thing was GSU's offense kept Wofford off of the field. GSU ran 76 plays, Wofford ran 45. GSU held the ball for 15 minutes longer.

GSU won the game last year on offense and got some stops on defense. They won the game decisively but let's not pretend it was a defensive domination. It wasn't, it was a well executed scheme of ball control.

You must have missed the Samford game with the new QB the week before.

Apphole
October 7th, 2012, 05:53 PM
App State held EB to 40 yards rushing in 2010, but got run over for 173 the next year, so by your logic the latter was an impossibility.

This is easily explainable with the hot and cold nature of a Dale Jones defense. We could hold Oregan to 3 points one week and have Gardner Webb drop 70 on us the next.

eaglewraith
October 7th, 2012, 05:59 PM

So I guess the defense had nothing to do with that 36% 3rd down conversion rate (4-11) and 2 forced fumbles? Also holding your B-Back to 64 yards means you were never able to establish the dive, which as you should know, in this offense sets up everything. The defensive scheme we used against you we installed in the week leading up to that game. We had never used it before. You had better believe we're going to be reviewing that scheme to make sure we shore it up even more. Our defense did a hell of a job. If you don't dominate the LoS, you're gonna have a tough time.

woffordgrad94
October 7th, 2012, 06:04 PM
I don't think Wofford will win by 20 either FWIW. I'd say along the lines of like 24-17 either way. Tough game to predict a winner in.

And loosen up young terrier, I'm just acting up a little...no harm. I just strongly feel this won't be a 20 point game. You may be young, but your post suggested an old maid. Not everyone from Wofford is all wine and cheese.

gasoutherneagle
October 7th, 2012, 07:10 PM
I don't think Wofford will win by 20 either FWIW. I'd say along the lines of like 24-17 either way. Tough game to predict a winner in.

And loosen up young terrier, I'm just acting up a little...no harm. I just strongly feel this won't be a 20 point game. You may be young, but your post suggested an old maid. Not everyone from Wofford is all wine and cheese.
Love a little lively banter. YOU lose by NOT NEARLY ENOUGH to keep me from heart palpitations.

Reign of Terrier
October 7th, 2012, 07:42 PM
So I guess the defense had nothing to do with that 36% 3rd down conversion rate (4-11) and 2 forced fumbles? Also holding your B-Back to 64 yards means you were never able to establish the dive, which as you should know, in this offense sets up everything. The defensive scheme we used against you we installed in the week leading up to that game. We had never used it before. You had better believe we're going to be reviewing that scheme to make sure we shore it up even more. Our defense did a hell of a job. If you don't dominate the LoS, you're gonna have a tough time.

That game was more won by the domination of the TOP and the LOS by the GSU offense than it was the defense, that was my point. I didn't say that the defense didn't perform well or great or even spectacular, just that it wasn't a defensive domination like some would like us to think.

gsu2583
October 8th, 2012, 08:29 AM
We have also been tinkering A LOT with our O-Line configuration. I'm HOPING our good results at WCU were not totally based on their poor defensive effort, as much as they based on getting O-Line right with God.

SpeedkingATL
October 8th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Gotta think GaSo wins this one at home unless they get the turnover bug. A win by the Eagles would really set the SoCon race on its head.

eaglewraith
October 8th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Gotta think GaSo wins this one at home unless they get the turnover bug. A win by the Eagles would really set the SoCon race on its head.

Our destiny is in our hands right now. Citadel has lost 2, we win out and it's all ours. I don't see what us winning would do to "turn the race on its head."

Apphole
October 8th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Our destiny is in our hands right now. Citadel has lost 2, we win out and it's all ours. I don't see what us winning would do to "turn the race on its head."

No way GaSo wins out.

Reign of Terrier
October 8th, 2012, 09:46 AM

Wofford wins in the next 3 games, with a chattanooga loss, and they clinch a share of the title. If we win 4 in a row, we clinch it as well. Saturday's game is big.

The Eagle's Cliff
October 8th, 2012, 09:53 AM
(If) Wofford wins in the next 3 games (and If) chattanooga loses, (then) they clinch a share of the title. If we win 4 in a row, we clinch it as well. Saturday's game is big.

If If If.

xwhistlexxpeacex

gsu2583
October 8th, 2012, 09:56 AM
No way GaSo wins out.

Very true. I'm sure we can take down UGA, but Appy always scares me...

:)

eaglewraith
October 8th, 2012, 10:31 AM
No way GaSo wins out.

Yes. It's quite possible. I'm also talking about conference games only.

eaglewraith
October 8th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Wofford wins in the next 3 games, with a chattanooga loss, and they clinch a share of the title. If we win 4 in a row, we clinch it as well. Saturday's game is big.

No disagreement there. Just not sure how us winning would turn the Socon race upside down. We're right behind you right now just because we have one loss. Citadel has crapped the bed already so we win, and we've got the lead.

Apphole
October 8th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Yes. It's quite possible. I'm also talking about conference games only.

Yes, I was including Georgia. But it is very unlikely you beat App and Wofford, both.

eaglewraith
October 8th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Yes, I was including Georgia. But it is very unlikely you beat App and Wofford, both.

Just as unlikely for you to beat both us and Wofford.

I like our chances, we get both at home :)

Apphole
October 8th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Just as unlikely for you to beat both us and Wofford.

I like our chances, we get both at home :)

Absolutely. I'd be a fool to expect a sweep against two TO teams after we got our dicks kicked in by the Citadel. I bet all three teams beat each other and Wofford wins the conference because of our losses to El Cid. The SoCon is a 3 bid league.

woffordgrad94
October 8th, 2012, 10:41 AM
I wouldn't mind if Wofford, GSU and ASU all went 1-1 against one another. Assuming we beat a reeling Citadel team (and everyone else on the schedule sans SC), that would mean we win the SoCon and probably deserve a national seed.

SpeedkingATL
October 8th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Multiple teams potentially with one SoCon loss. A loss by Wofford to GaSo sets up a lot more possibilities than another loss by GaSo.

eaglewraith
October 8th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Multiple teams potentially with one SoCon loss. A loss by Wofford to GaSo sets up a lot more possibilities than another loss by GaSo.

But it leaves us in the driver seat.

All I care about.

ASUMountaineer
October 8th, 2012, 11:31 AM
WoCo by a safety, for no reason.

seantaylor
October 9th, 2012, 02:17 AM
We aren't losing at home. I believe we have the longest home winning streak right now. Chrissy Hatcher is not coaching anymore where he would give up Paulson like a virgin on prom night.

Baldy
October 9th, 2012, 07:24 AM
We have also been tinkering A LOT with our O-Line configuration. I'm HOPING our good results at WCU were not totally based on their poor defensive effort, as much as they based on getting O-Line right with God.

I'm more worried about our perimeter blocking than anything else (besides the turnovers). xprayx

ASUMountaineer
October 9th, 2012, 08:16 AM
We aren't losing at home. I believe we have the longest home winning streak right now. Chrissy Hatcher is not coaching anymore where he would give up Paulson like a virgin on prom night.

Duly noted.

appfan2008
October 9th, 2012, 08:55 AM
I have EB running roughshod over the eagles and it will be a high scoring game... 45-31 terriers come away with a big victory and get themselves very close to securing a socon championship and playoff berth with the eagles start scrambling!... wofford has an extremely backloaded schedule so this should be a bellweather game that explains a lot...

Eaglesrus
October 9th, 2012, 09:36 AM
I have EB running roughshod over the eagles and it will be a high scoring game... 45-31 terriers come away with a big victory and get themselves very close to securing a socon championship and playoff berth with the eagles start scrambling!... wofford has an extremely backloaded schedule so this should be a bellweather game that explains a lot...

We also have "an extremely backloaded" schedule, which to me says that this game not only means a lot in and of itself, but also that it will be the best indication to date by far of just how good both of these teams really are and might do the rest of the season. You may be correct about EB, but I'd be really surprised if he gets an inordinate number of yards. I'm much more concerned about Wofford's passing game, which of course could be aided by us concentrating on stopping the run.

Reign of Terrier
October 9th, 2012, 10:48 AM
I'm more worried about our perimeter blocking than anything else (besides the turnovers). xprayx

Perhaps this is just me, but it seems that the roles of this year's game are reversed offensively from last year.

gsu2583
October 9th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Wofford has, on the whole, faced teams with statistically worse offenses AND defenses than GSU has. I really don't think it will be all that close. GSU wins by 3 scores.

Reign of Terrier
October 9th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Wofford has, on the whole, faced teams with statistically worse offenses AND defenses than GSU has. I really don't think it will be all that close. GSU wins by 3 scores.

Transitive property doesn't apply in this logic, and even so, the transitive property doesn't work in football.

gsu2583
October 9th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Wofford Opponents defenses
Elon = 72 in total defense, Furman = 78 in total defense, Garnder-Webb = 115 in total defense, Western Carolina = 119 in total defense, Lincoln = 142 in total defense (Div. II),

Georgia Southern Opponents defenses
Jacksonville = 15 in total defense, Sammy = 41 in total defense, Elon = 72 in total defense, El Cid (boo hiss) = 93 in total defense, Western Carolina = 119 in total defense.

Wofford Opponents Offenses
Elon = 54 in total OFFENSE, Furman = 24 in total OFFENSE, Western Carolina = 62 in total OFFENSE, Garnder-Webb = 94 in total OFFENSE, Lincoln = 106 in total OFFENSE (Div. II)

Georgia Southern Opponents Offenses
Sammy = 33 in total OFFENSE, El Cid (boo hiss) = 50 in total OFFENSE, Elon = 54 in total OFFENSE,
Western Carolina = 62 in total OFFENSE, Jacksonville = 67 in total OFFENSE.

GlassOnion
October 9th, 2012, 10:55 AM
WoCo by a safety, for no reason.

That reason you are looking for is called "Brent Russell."

gsu2583
October 9th, 2012, 10:56 AM
GSU is #3 in total defense, Wofford is #18. I also think a lot of Woffords offensive numbers are buoyed by that 82-0 drubbing of Lincoln.

The Eagle's Cliff
October 9th, 2012, 10:57 AM
All of these stats and comparisons can be thrown out the window for this game. The past several meetings have been about turnovers and big plays.

gsu2583
October 9th, 2012, 11:00 AM
All of these stats and comparisons can be thrown out the window for this game. The past several meetings have been about turnovers and big plays.

Every game is about turnovers and big plays (especially for us.) Statistics DO mean something.

Reign of Terrier
October 9th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Wofford Opponents defenses
Elon = 72 in total defense, Furman = 78 in total defense, Garnder-Webb = 115 in total defense, Western Carolina = 119 in total defense, Lincoln = 142 in total defense (Div. II),

Georgia Southern Opponents defenses
Jacksonville = 15 in total defense, Sammy = 41 in total defense, Elon = 72 in total defense, El Cid (boo hiss) = 93 in total defense, Western Carolina = 119 in total defense.

Wofford Opponents Offenses
Elon = 54 in total OFFENSE, Furman = 24 in total OFFENSE, Western Carolina = 62 in total OFFENSE, Garnder-Webb = 94 in total OFFENSE, Lincoln = 106 in total OFFENSE (Div. II)

Georgia Southern Opponents Offenses
Sammy = 33 in total OFFENSE, El Cid (boo hiss) = 50 in total OFFENSE, Elon = 54 in total OFFENSE,
Western Carolina = 62 in total OFFENSE, Jacksonville = 67 in total OFFENSE.

So averaging 50 points a game against terrible defenses is a bad thing? You also have to factor in the quality of offenses that the teams you play play every year. for instance, I believe it's a fact that Jacksonville does not play Socon caliber offenses, so saying they are 15th is bull****.

Reign of Terrier
October 9th, 2012, 11:04 AM
GSU is #3 in total defense, Wofford is #18. I also think a lot of Woffords offensive numbers are buoyed by that 82-0 drubbing of Lincoln.

Take out that game and we still have 3 games of over 480 yards of offense, and 1 game of over 350.

gsu2583
October 9th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Take out that game and we still have 3 games of over 480 yards of offense, and 1 game of over 350.

Against not great defenses. :)

gsu2583
October 9th, 2012, 11:10 AM
I'm not saying you guys are going to be pushovers or anything. You always play us tough. I'm just using those numbers as something to talk about since we have days to kill before the game.

They make me feel warm and fuzzy.

Reign of Terrier
October 9th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Against not great defenses. :)

So we beat the **** out of terrible teams defenses. You say that as if that's a bad thing. If anything, we don't know anything, but that is the extent of what you can say. You can't really say we're overrated.

gsu2583
October 9th, 2012, 11:23 AM
I wasn't saying that. Hell, both teams have only allowed 8 offensive touchdowns to their opponents. If anything, statistically, this game will be "sub par" for both teams I think.

I just think our sub par will end up better than your sub par. Of course I think GSU wins...

Reign of Terrier
October 9th, 2012, 11:24 AM
I'm not saying you guys are going to be pushovers or anything. You always play us tough. I'm just using those numbers as something to talk about since we have days to kill before the game.

They make me feel warm and fuzzy.

You say in one post that you'll win by 3 scores, and in another, we aren't pushovers. The stats aren't in your favor, if anything they are neutral. In other words, there's not really a statistic that you can use that gives one reason to think Wofford is at a disadvantage this week, other than pass defense and we all know that won't be much of a factor.

We put up good numbers against bad teams. That's what's expected. I mean, if Southern Cal puts up Godly numbers against UNLV and UAB, that doesn't mean their offense is a 600 ypg offense, but then again, who has such an offense? At the same time, it doesn't mean that their offense is terrible, nor does it mean if they faced Oregon State the next week that their offense was weak.

Stats mean nothing, but if you're going to try to draw conclusions from stats, you have to use logic. I don't see any on your part.

gsu2583
October 9th, 2012, 11:31 AM
You are wound entirely too tight. And yes I think we win by 3 scores, and no, that doesn't mean you are a pushover.

eaglewraith
October 9th, 2012, 11:37 AM
That reason you are looking for is called "Brent Russell."

But he doesn't play for Wofford.

GlassOnion
October 9th, 2012, 11:39 AM
But he doesn't play for Wofford.

Oh damn! LOL! Oops.

I-16Bandit
October 9th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Oh damn! LOL! Oops.

So Georgia Southern by a safety because of Brent Russell?

Gotcha. :D

Reign of Terrier
October 9th, 2012, 11:41 AM
You are wound entirely too tight. And yes I think we win by 3 scores, and no, that doesn't mean you are a pushover.

I'm dissecting your nonexistent logic and contradiction.

GlassOnion
October 9th, 2012, 11:44 AM
So Georgia Southern by a safety because of Brent Russell?

Gotcha. :D

You got it! LOL.

Who in their right mind would choose Wof over GSU anyways! I lay the blame on ASUMountaineer! xlolx

gsu2583
October 9th, 2012, 11:50 AM
I'm dissecting your nonexistent logic and contradiction.

Oh yeah, it's Wofford. I forgot, you must be a philosophy major, or something equally useless.

ASUMountaineer
October 9th, 2012, 12:30 PM
So we beat the **** out of terrible teams defenses. You say that as if that's a bad thing. If anything, we don't know anything, but that is the extent of what you can say. You can't really say we're overrated.

We get it. WoCo is an offensive juggernaut that cannot be slowed down, unless they get slowed down. Then, IF that were to happen, WoCo MIGHT lose, or they MAY win. xlolx

ASUMountaineer
October 9th, 2012, 12:31 PM
You got it! LOL.

Who in their right mind would choose Wof over GSU anyways! I lay the blame on ASUMountaineer! xlolx

Damn, it's like at home...no matter what, it's my fault! xlolx

Reign of Terrier
October 9th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Oh yeah, it's Wofford. I forgot, you must be a philosophy major, or something equally useless.

I can feel the anger swelling in you.

gsu2583
October 9th, 2012, 02:09 PM
I can feel the anger swelling in you.

My hate has made me powerful...

woffordgrad94
October 9th, 2012, 02:13 PM
I still think this will be a close game. GSU probably thought they'd beat the Citadel by 3 scores too. And it is hard to win debates against Wofford folks, especially if you went somewhere like GSWho. xsmiley_wix

gsu2583
October 9th, 2012, 02:28 PM
I still think this will be a close game. GSU probably thought they'd beat the Citadel by 3 scores too. And it is hard to win debates against Wofford folks, especially if you went somewhere like GSWho. xsmiley_wix

We did, but putting the ball on the ground 14 times tends to bite you in the a$$. :)

woffordgrad94
October 9th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Well, what if you fumble against little 'ol Woffie? I think we may make that happen at least a couple of tuimes.

gsu2583
October 9th, 2012, 02:47 PM
I hope not, we seem to have worked out the fumble bug a bit, and switched QBs.

gsu_paintballer
October 9th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Well, what if you fumble against little 'ol Woffie? I think we may make that happen at least a couple of tuimes.

...and that would be about 20 less times than The Citadel.

EDIT: I added "The" to Citadel. One would think after we got our fannies whipped I'd know that (that is a direct quote from a reputation comment from another poster).

GSU EAGLES
October 9th, 2012, 08:50 PM

Out previous QB was clueless against Citadel. We have a new QB that is running the offense to perfection.

eaglewraith
October 9th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Out previous QB was clueless against Citadel. We have a new QB that is running the offense to perfection.

Umm...not sure about perfection.

It looks better yes, but far from perfection.

GSU EAGLES
October 9th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Umm...not sure about perfection.

It looks better yes, but far from perfection.

Compared to how bad it was, I would call it perfection.

CB Eagle
October 10th, 2012, 08:51 AM

It is only hard to win debates agains Wofford folks because you can't hardly find anyone to debate. With those high school sized graduation classes, ya'll are tough to find.

woffordgrad94
October 10th, 2012, 09:30 AM
It is only hard to win debates agains Wofford folks because you can't hardly find anyone to debate. With those high school sized graduation classes, ya'll are tough to find.

Well you found me. And I'll match wits with ya and go toe to toe with ya any day. Whatever it takes. I ain't skeered. xlolx

But seriously, my high school (Dorman HS in Spartanburg, SC) graduating class had twice as many people as my Wofford graduating class, and that was with half the people I started with in ninth grade being complete dumb asses and dropping out. So your point is well taken. Wofford is tiny and I can't argue that. But big things come in small packages!

Eaglegus2
October 10th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Here is the $10K question: "How many fans from Wofford will make the trek to Paulson to see the game?"

Guess what just arrived by UPS to the house? A Wofford hooded sweatshirt from my future step-daughter. She is a Wofford grad. She is so thoughtful but hell will freeze over before I wear it to a GSU game. BUT, I will wear it to the Wofford v South Carolina game in November. Gotta love those WC grads they aren't bad people.

catamount man
October 10th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Since we've played both, I'm gonna say Wofford 38-34. Good luck to you both! GO CATS!

woffordgrad94
October 10th, 2012, 09:42 AM
You are right eaglegus. We aren't bad people. Me personally, I may come off as a douche on this board at times, but that's only because I know I can get away with it! :D I'm a pretty good person in person. But I won't be at the game Saturday. I have commitments to the McGuire Nuclear Station's outage unfortunately. But I get off at 6 sharp Saturday, and I will be following along online (but not posting :)) during the game.

ASUMountaineer
October 10th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Compared to how bad it was, I would call it perfection.

Ehh, I watched Jayson Foster QB for GSU. I also watched Adrian Peterson run all over ASU. What GSU is doing now is good, but far from perfection.

ASUMountaineer
October 10th, 2012, 10:32 AM
You are right eaglegus. We aren't bad people. Me personally, I may come off as a douche on this board at times, but that's only because I know I can get away with it! :D I'm a pretty good person in person. But I won't be at the game Saturday. I have commitments to the McGuire Nuclear Station's outage unfortunately. But I get off at 6 sharp Saturday, and I will be following along online (but not posting :)) during the game.

Oh Lord...will be at the facility? That's too close for comfort!

Eaglesrus
October 10th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Well you found me. And I'll match wits with ya and go toe to toe with ya any day. Whatever it takes. I ain't skeered. xlolx

But seriously, my high school (Dorman HS in Spartanburg, SC) graduating class had twice as many people as my Wofford graduating class, and that was with half the people I started with in ninth grade being complete dumb asses and dropping out. So your point is well taken. Wofford is tiny and I can't argue that. But big things come in small packages!

Passed by Dorman U. a couple of times this weekend. Cammpus looks pretty impressive from I-16.

Edit: Oops, make that I-26; I'd have to have MUCH better eyesight to see Dorman from I-16!

penguinpower
October 10th, 2012, 10:41 AM
This has the makings of a good one.

Reign of Terrier
October 10th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Passed by Dorman U. a couple of times this weekend. Cammpus looks pretty impressive from I-16.

It's probably bigger than Wofford :/

CB Eagle
October 10th, 2012, 12:00 PM
I love the Russell v. Breitenstein matchup. Probably the best defensive player in the conference v. best offensive player in the conference. I understand that the o-line has a lot to do with this matchup, but whichever one of these guys has a better team, their team will probably win.

GATA_GSU
October 10th, 2012, 12:02 PM
I know that the away team has won this game for the past few years, but I like Georgia Southern's chances at home. Plus, I think that since McKinnon finally has control of the offense things are beginning to click into place. I always thought that he was best-equipped for our offense, more so eventhan Jaybo was. Even special teams seem to have gotten things on the right track (since we replaced the freshman kicker who missed the FGs at Citadel with another freshman kicker).This one will probably be close, but I think GSU can pull it off 28-24.

blueballs
October 10th, 2012, 02:12 PM
This has the makings of a good one.

You ought to go to it... talk the wifey poo into giving you a boys evening and make the trip.

SpeedkingATL
October 10th, 2012, 03:31 PM
I just ask that GaSo be very physical with the Ankle-biters. App needs those boys to be at half speed when they roll into Boone next week!

UNH72Plus
October 11th, 2012, 08:26 AM
This should be a great game and with a combined average of 885 rushing yards per game it could set a record for the shortest game in FCS history. The only time the clock will stop will be on first downs and scores.

BullDog85
October 11th, 2012, 08:57 AM
GSU should take this one...unless their turnover bug appears, then all bets are off. If they let those Rat Dogs jump hump them...it'll be over before the half.16996

blueballs
October 11th, 2012, 10:54 AM
GSU should take this one...unless their turnover bug appears, then all bets are off. If they let those Rat Dogs jump hump them...it'll be over before the half.16996

Wofford jumped GSU 14-0 in 2010 at Paulson before GSU rallied and the game turned into a barnburner with the lead changing hands 3 times in the fourth quarter before GSU tried a trick play that failed and surrendered the ball on downs in Wofford territory with about a minute left. The score was 33-31....

It wouldn't surprise me if the game Saturday is a barnburner although I'll be interested to see what happens if GSU jumps Wofford 14-0.

GSU ended Wofford's season on Wofford's home field in the round of 8 in 2010 and more or less stomped a mud hole in them in the second half to win the conference outright last year- again, on Wofford's home field. If GSU jumps out might we see a repeat of the second half of last years game???? That would be interesting...

Reign of Terrier
October 11th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Wofford jumped GSU 14-0 in 2010 at Paulson before GSU rallied and the game turned into a barnburner with the lead changing hands 3 times in the fourth quarter before GSU tried a trick play that failed and surrendered the ball on downs in Wofford territory with about a minute left. The score was 33-31....

It wouldn't surprise me if the game Saturday is a barnburner although I'll be interested to see what happens if GSU jumps Wofford 14-0.

GSU ended Wofford's season on Wofford's home field in the round of 8 in 2010 and more or less stomped a mud hole in them in the second half to win the conference outright last year- again, on Wofford's home field. If GSU jumps out might we see a repeat of the second half of last years game???? That would be interesting...

If I'm not mistaken, Wofford went up 35-14 or so at half in 2008, only to see GSU come storming back. GSU lost 38-37 in OT. They went for two and missed it.

blueballs
October 11th, 2012, 11:39 AM
If I'm not mistaken, Wofford went up 35-14 or so at half in 2008, only to see GSU come storming back. GSU lost 38-37 in OT. They went for two and missed it.

You are not mistaken... Wofford had two TD's before GSU ran an offensive play IIRC. That was a helluva game too, as was the 2007 meeting at your place.

eaglewraith
October 11th, 2012, 12:28 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Wofford went up 35-14 or so at half in 2008, only to see GSU come storming back. GSU lost 38-37 in OT. They went for two and completely failed at life.

FIFY

Reign of Terrier
October 11th, 2012, 01:37 PM
FIFY

They probably could have run the same play they ran for the TD and gotten the two pointer FWIW

eaglewraith
October 11th, 2012, 02:14 PM
They probably could have run the same play they ran for the TD and gotten the two pointer FWIW

It might have been. However, we had to call a timeout because we didn't have the right personnel on the field. Then after the TO, we still didn't have the right personnel on the field and a player ran out late. QB tried to call a TO but the referree correctly ignored him, we franticly snap the ball with a second on the play clock.....chaos ensues because no one knew exactly what to do. Play was pretty much immediately shut down by Wofford, but it was doomed before the ball was snapped.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 11th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Speaking of two-point conversions, remember in 2010 where we missed two 2PCs in the fourth quarter and ended up losing by two? That hurt.

I can't remember if that was the game where we made a long go-ahead TD run and the refs missed a blatant block in the back or not.

GlassOnion
October 11th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Speaking of two-point conversions, remember in 2010 where we missed two 2PCs in the fourth quarter and ended up losing by two? That hurt.

I can't remember if that was the game where we made a long go-ahead TD run and the refs missed a blatant block in the back or not.

Sounds like someone was channeling Bobby Lamb.

gasoutherneagle
October 11th, 2012, 04:43 PM
WHILE WE'RE ON THE SUBJECT HERE:

Just thought I'd swing in and invite any lap dogs that ACTUALLY SHOW UP (based on years of nonexistent fanbase for away games) and SUPPORT the team they hold so dear, to the gasoutherneagle family tailgate for some good conversation and a beer or twelve. Spot H-149: From the stadium looking at the lot, 3 rows in, on the left and about 5 deep. Who are you looking for? That dude pictured on the profile page.

GATA EAGLES!!!

gasoutherneagle
October 11th, 2012, 05:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAgfHK-D12A

I know we lost in 2010, but I LOVE this clip and with the military theme and all...
...it just seemed right today.

ENJOY!

dungeonjoe
October 11th, 2012, 05:48 PM
WHILE WE'RE ON THE SUBJECT HERE:

Just thought I'd swing in and invite any lap dogs that ACTUALLY SHOW UP (based on years of nonexistent fanbase for away games) and SUPPORT the team they hold so dear, to the gasoutherneagle family tailgate for some good conversation and a beer or twelve. Spot H-149: From the stadium looking at the lot, 3 rows in, on the left and about 5 deep. Who are you looking for? That dude pictured on the profile page.

GATA EAGLES!!!
I won't go there and I support my team. Just don't like a bottle of urine thrown on me or a thrown battery against my head. Thanks though for the invite.

gsu_paintballer
October 11th, 2012, 05:51 PM
I won't go there and I support my team. Just don't like a bottle of urine thrown on me or a thrown battery against my head. Thanks though for the invite.
Have you had these things happen to you at Paulson?

dungeonjoe
October 11th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Had it happen to friends.

gsu_paintballer
October 11th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Had it happen to friends.

It's always strange how everyone's reports are things that have happened to "friends"

gasoutherneagle
October 11th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Have you had these things happen to you at Paulson?

Yeah... not sure I'm buying that story either, baller. We're vulgar, loud and obnoxious, but unless provoked... not normally violent... unless you're wearing CrAppy gear.

dungeonjoe
October 11th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Whether you believe me or not, makes no difference to me. Just relaying the experience of friends and parents of players.

gasoutherneagle
October 11th, 2012, 06:48 PM
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151175456806855.473030.235891086854&type=1

Love this story for Military Appreciation Day. Great pictures, too.

woffordgrad94
October 11th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Why on earth would someone have a bottle of piss on them? Only a real weirdo would do that. I hope no one really got a piss bottle thrown at them- that'd be pretty sickening.

dungeonjoe
October 11th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Why on earth would someone have a bottle of piss on them? Only a real weirdo would do that. I hope no one really got a piss bottle thrown at them- that'd be pretty sickening.
Yep. Although I don't think that is indicative of the GSU fan base, it was pretty gross.

Eaglesrus
October 11th, 2012, 07:44 PM

I certainly agree with you here. dj obviously can believe what/who he wants to, but personally I'd have to see something like that myself to believe it.

Baldy
October 11th, 2012, 07:46 PM
It's always strange how everyone's reports are things that have happened to "friends"
I could mention the drunk Wofford 'fan' who crashed our tailgate, tried to pick fights, and eventually got escorted off by the police after their beat down in Paulson in 2004, but I won't go there. :D

woffordgrad94
October 11th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Well, I guess alcohol could make some people act in out of control ways, so who knows? But it's still hard to picture in my mind that actually happening. The urine thing, that is.

woffordgrad94
October 11th, 2012, 07:50 PM
I could mention the drunk Wofford 'fan' who crashed our tailgate, tried to pick fights, and eventually got escorted off by the police after their beat down in Paulson in 2004, but I won't go there. :D

That one I could see happening. Every fanbase has idiots they wish weren't around I guess.

woffordgrad94
October 11th, 2012, 07:52 PM
If the game lives up to all this pre-game buildup here on AGS, it will be a true classic. And I do have a feeling it's going to be a memorable one for some reason.

dungeonjoe
October 11th, 2012, 08:44 PM

I can't tell you why, 94. I am just telling you what someone I know and trust told me.

dungeonjoe
October 11th, 2012, 08:50 PM
That one I could see happening. Every fanbase has idiots they wish weren't around I guess.
Sigh. That is true.

blueballs
October 11th, 2012, 10:54 PM

I'll vouch for this as I was just a couple of feet away plotting how I was going to take him out if he laid a hand on any of my friends. He was lucky the cops got him because there wasn't any Wofford people w/in 300 yards of where he was and he was showing his azz real bad.

GaSouthern
October 12th, 2012, 09:34 AM
I'm ready for the 7 game away team winning streak to end tomorrow! GATA EAGLES! HAIL SOUTHERN!

dungeonjoe
October 12th, 2012, 10:26 AM
I'll vouch for this as I was just a couple of feet away plotting how I was going to take him out if he laid a hand on any of my friends. He was lucky the cops got him because there wasn't any Wofford people w/in 300 yards of where he was and he was showing his azz real bad.

I confess it was me. I went out of my mind. I had head butted too many trash cans that year and it affected my behavior....

blueballs
October 12th, 2012, 10:43 AM
I confess it was me. I went out of my mind. I had head butted too many trash cans that year and it affected my behavior....

Nice try but I know better... Cap'n sent me pictures of you when he visited you a few years ago. Besides, I know where you "work" and you wouldn't do such a thing.

Reign of Terrier
October 12th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Nice try but I know better... Cap'n sent me pictures of you when he visited you a few years ago. Besides, I know where you "work" and you wouldn't do such a thing.

Let's be real now, he works at a Methodist Church, not a Baptist Church. So, it's cool.

ASUMountaineer
October 12th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Let's be real now, he works at a Methodist Church, not a Baptist Church. So, it's cool.

Very true, we Baptists may not speak to you in the liquor store, but we'll dominate on the softball field! xlolx

Reign of Terrier
October 13th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Good game so far. both teams playing great defense. Wofford's settled for FGs, GSU got a good return and a TD.

10-6 at half. Wofford receives in the second half. This is going to be a slobber-knocker.

T-Dog
October 13th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Wofford will be #1 if they win.

No pressure.

Apphole
October 13th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Pulling for the Ankle Biters.

Reign of Terrier
October 13th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Wofford's trying to set up the perimeter game but GSU is doing a great job of closing in on the QB before the pitch. We put in Weimer, a better runner to combat this it would appear.

there's really not that many offensive highlights for either team.

Wofford Dude from Montana
October 13th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Ga Southern 10 Wofford 6

October 13th, 2012, 06:13 PM
So does the winner of this game move to the top of the polls?

dungeonjoe
October 13th, 2012, 06:15 PM

And the losers will be the top of the trolls on AGS.

T-Dog
October 13th, 2012, 06:15 PM

I would bet a silver dollar Wofford does if they win. JMU pulled out a 2OT win at home over a 2-5 W&M team. Everyone else lost.

GSU jumpes into the top five if they win, but JMU would be #1.

dungeonjoe
October 13th, 2012, 06:16 PM
I love the half time stats, zeros across the board for passing.

cbarrier90
October 13th, 2012, 06:19 PM

Setting football back 80 years... :D

dungeonjoe
October 13th, 2012, 06:19 PM
No but I have worn the carpet out walking back and forth. I suspect I have more rushing yards than either team.

Apphole
October 13th, 2012, 06:20 PM

What a horribly boring game. If every team ran the TO, I'd stop watching football. A TOvTO game must be like watching ice melt.

dungeonjoe
October 13th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Setting football back 80 years... :D
Yeah, football the way God intended; and then that teddy Roosevelt came along and spoiled it!

dungeonjoe
October 13th, 2012, 06:21 PM
What a horribly boring game. If every team ran the TO, I'd stop watching football. A TOvTO game must be like watching ice melt.
Well when you are a small school... :)

dungeonjoe
October 13th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Back to the game later boys.

October 13th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Hey dungeonjoe and YT-
is the Wofford Message Board still active? I haven't been able to log on lately.

October 13th, 2012, 06:28 PM
T-Dog I think you are correct. Either way I'll enjoy the shakeup on the The Sports Network bracket projection on Monday.

MR. CHICKEN
October 13th, 2012, 07:03 PM
17-6...IGGLES!

October 13th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Two scores and not enough time.

MR. CHICKEN
October 13th, 2012, 07:15 PM
17-9....SIX FLAGS!

October 13th, 2012, 07:20 PM
On side kick, score, and go for 2. IMhumbleo

theasushow
October 13th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Well this should bring the vaunted Wofford Rushing game back down to earth...221 rushing yards, ouch.

dungeonjoe
October 13th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Well this should bring the vaunted Wofford Rushing game back down to earth...221 rushing yards, ouch.

Yes and 265 for GSU . Good game.

dungeonjoe
October 13th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Good game GSU. Your team played very, very well. I hope to see you again this season.

October 13th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Congrads GSU. Perhaps a rematch in the playoffs. Plenty of playoff spots available as Montana will be staying home for the holidays.

gseagle
October 13th, 2012, 08:05 PM
This will be a titanic struggle at Paulson, with SoCon leadership at stake. GSU by 8.

u nailed it!

cbarrier90
October 13th, 2012, 08:37 PM

The best DT in the FCS will do that for you. ASU lacks the experienced run stuffers they could always count on in past years. Hopefully they hold up next week.

woffordgrad94
October 13th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Congratulations To GSU on a hard-fought victory. It was a defensive struggle as both teams were ready for the other's option attack. We have no excuses- GSU earned this win with a smothering defense of our ground game. This is the first time in a while where I can remember Wofford being held without a TD in a game. This really puts some pressure on Wofford to find a way to win at ASU next week. It will be a tough task though, as we have rarely played well at The Rock historically, and we will be coming in pretty banged up. We are really going to have to dig deep.

Saint3333
October 13th, 2012, 08:39 PM
App's going to need to score 30 to win.

94 no team is as banged up as App right now.

theasushow
October 13th, 2012, 08:41 PM
The best DT in the FCS will do that for you. ASU lacks the experienced run stuffers they could always count on in past years. Hopefully they hold up next week.

I'm not holding my breath, if we play the way we played the past 2 weeks, we are in for a long game. Hopefully we will get up for the home game. (but i thought the same thing against the Citadel)

gsu2583
October 13th, 2012, 08:43 PM
SD (aka YT) must be pissed. It wasn't a win by 3 scores but I will take it. Hard fought by both teams. Nice.

woffordgrad94
October 13th, 2012, 08:44 PM
I still expect us to have a tough game up there Saint. Curse whomever put together this backloaded SoCon schedule of ours!

ASUMountaineer
October 13th, 2012, 08:47 PM
I'm not holding my breath, if we play the way we played the past 2 weeks, we are in for a long game. Hopefully we will get up for the home game. (but i thought the same thing against the Citadel)

Yeah. While ASU have not played impressively lately. The Citadel game is looking more and more like an anomaly each week. ASU still hasn't put together a complete game (unless you want to count the CCU game, and I don't). ASU will need some complete games coming up to get wins. Here's to hoping they get it together at the right time.

gsu2583
October 13th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Yeah. While ASU have not played impressively lately. The Citadel game is looking more and more like an anomaly each week. ASU still hasn't put together a complete game (unless you want to count the CCU game, and I don't). ASU will need some complete games coming up to get wins. Here's to hoping they get it together at the right time.

Same for us a bit.

dungeonjoe
October 13th, 2012, 09:18 PM
SD (aka YT) must be pissed. It wasn't a win by 3 scores but I will take it. Hard fought by both teams. Nice.
How nice it is that you care so much about YT. I think he will be ok. Last I heard, he was not moping around the dorm. Life does go on.

bobbythekidd
October 13th, 2012, 09:27 PM
DJ, we had a great game tonight. I recorded the playing of our Alma Mater on my phone and when I figure out how to post it I'll share. My point is you guys had a team prayer on the 50 and stood in respect while our band played. Ayers runs a first class program. I love when you guys come to town....That's not true. I hate when you come to the Boro but respect your guys and your coach.

gasoutherneagle
October 13th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the props Wofford faithful. Battle to the death. Beating #4 without a passing yard... good stuff. I gotta give HUGE reps to Wofford's team for standing at midfield, hats off, for Southern Pride to play the Alma Mater. CLASS... big time... class. Props for that.xpeacex

Eaglesrus
October 13th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Great game Terriers, and very classy move by your team to stay on the field post-game during the playing of our alma mater. Good luck for the rest of the season.

proasu89
October 13th, 2012, 10:12 PM
I still expect us to have a tough game up there Saint. Curse whomever put together this backloaded SoCon schedule of ours!

A few years back I think we had 3 years in a row with wofford, gsu, and furman back to back to back.

eaglewraith
October 13th, 2012, 11:33 PM
So, Britenstein had 102 yards on 13 carries. One of those carries was a 65 yard run that he didn't really do anything special, just ran through the massive hole created by the OL (beautiful play though I have to admit). Minus that run, he had 37 yards on 12 carries.

Like I said, shut down Britenstein and Wofford becomes much more one dimensional on offense. We were quick and hitting HARD on defense. Great game tonight.

And for those of you who don't like TO football, kiss my ***. This is some fantastic stuff to watch.

Reign of Terrier
October 14th, 2012, 12:06 AM

Your (and as well as everyone else's) obsession with me is somewhat creepy, and your reference to me as a selfish douchebag (when you supposedly aren't taking me seriously) is cute, but I'm not going to let it effect me.

Hats off to GSU on a hard-fought victory. There's really not much to be said other than we lost tonight. I'm posting now, as opposed to a few hours ago because of, let's call it, "collegiate obligations" (in other words, a social life) and I don't want it insinuated that I'm avoiding the message boards ala Chattown. it would be somewhat inconsistent for some to do so, because it's been implied something like 4 times in this thread that I don't have a social life, so I don't want people to inconsistently get pissed off when I don't post like I'm hiding or when I do post, like I'm "obsessing." I think there's been a lot of hyperbole in description of what I've been saying, so I'll lay it out here. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Anyway, am I surprised our offensive blunder tonight? Yes. I'm not surprised that we struggled, I just didn't think we would struggle enough to not score a touchdown. Credit to GSU, they have an outstanding defense. It's hard to say if they defended the option so well because they run against it or if their defense is just great....or a combination of both. I left before GSU's last touchdown, but before that drive, I can't say much bad about our defensive performance. We held a great offense to below its averages and got a lot of stops throughout the game.

And no, I never insinuated that Wofford had some sort of unstoppable offense, so let's quit pulling that card right now. I think we're really good and that we still are good, in spite of this performance. Every team seems to have a couple games a year where they lay an egg or at least don't perform on level, and this week seems to be one of those weeks. With that said, I don't feel like it's because Wofford made mistakes as much as it was that GSU just won.

Wofford still has a chance to make the playoffs and still has a chance to win the conference. We control our own destiny somewhat. App State is a good team, and throughout the offseason I have said I would be surprised if we dropped two straight, with that said, I'm not going to predict an outright, decisive victory. I think Wofford will come out swinging though.

Let's hope for a good one in Boone next week.

Reign of Terrier
October 14th, 2012, 12:08 AM
So, Britenstein had 102 yards on 13 carries. One of those carries was a 65 yard run that he didn't really do anything special, just ran through the massive hole created by the OL (beautiful play though I have to admit). Minus that run, he had 37 yards on 12 carries.

Like I said, shut down Britenstein and Wofford becomes much more one dimensional on offense. We were quick and hitting HARD on defense. Great game tonight.

And for those of you who don't like TO football, kiss my ***. This is some fantastic stuff to watch.

How you can say you shut down EB? He only had 13 carries. He averages like 20. Come on now. MPB had us scared to do the dive though, I will admit that.

eaglewraith
October 14th, 2012, 12:09 AM
How you can say you shut down EB? He only had 13 carries. He averages like 20. Come on now. MPB had us scared to do the dive though, I will admit that.

He was a non factor in all but one play.

That's being shut down.

Reign of Terrier
October 14th, 2012, 12:14 AM
He was a non factor in all but one play.

That's being shut down.

Well of course, but play-calling is just as important of a factor in a player being a factor. If you have Barry Sanders playing tailback in Texas Tech's offense and you never run the ball, can you say he gets shut down on every occasion?

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 14th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Your (and as well as everyone else's) obsession with me is somewhat creepy, and your reference to me as a selfish douchebag (when you supposedly aren't taking me seriously) is cute, but I'm not going to let it effect me.

Hats off to GSU on a hard-fought victory. There's really not much to be said other than we lost tonight. I'm posting now, as opposed to a few hours ago because of, let's call it, "collegiate obligations" (in other words, a social life) and I don't want it insinuated that I'm avoiding the message boards ala Chattown. it would be somewhat inconsistent for some to do so, because it's been implied something like 4 times in this thread that I don't have a social life, so I don't want people to inconsistently get pissed off when I don't post like I'm hiding or when I do post, like I'm "obsessing." I think there's been a lot of hyperbole in description of what I've been saying, so I'll lay it out here. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Anyway, am I surprised our offensive blunder tonight? Yes. I'm not surprised that we struggled, I just didn't think we would struggle enough to not score a touchdown. Credit to GSU, they have an outstanding defense. It's hard to say if they defended the option so well because they run against it or if their defense is just great....or a combination of both. I left before GSU's last touchdown, but before that drive, I can't say much bad about our defensive performance. We held a great offense to below its averages and got a lot of stops throughout the game.

And no, I never insinuated that Wofford had some sort of unstoppable offense, so let's quit pulling that card right now. I think we're really good and that we still are good, in spite of this performance. Every team seems to have a couple games a year where they lay an egg or at least don't perform on level, and this week seems to be one of those weeks. With that said, I don't feel like it's because Wofford made mistakes as much as it was that GSU just won.

Wofford still has a chance to make the playoffs and still has a chance to win the conference. We control our own destiny somewhat. App State is a good team, and throughout the offseason I have said I would be surprised if we dropped two straight, with that said, I'm not going to predict an outright, decisive victory. I think Wofford will come out swinging though.

Let's hope for a good one in Boone next week.

You don't owe anyone any kind of explanation, crow-eating, or anything.

It was a great game. It reminded me of a lot of the GSU-Wofford games before 2006.

eaglewraith
October 14th, 2012, 12:16 AM
Well of course, but play-calling is just as important of a factor in a player being a factor. If you have Barry Sanders playing tailback in Texas Tech's offense and you never run the ball, can you say he gets shut down on every occasion?

You know just as well as me that a play to the B-Back is a read on most plays in our respective offenses.

If the read doesn't indicate to give it to the B-Back, you don't. That credit goes to the defense.

Reign of Terrier
October 14th, 2012, 12:19 AM
You know just as well as me that a play to the B-Back is a read on most plays in our respective offenses.

If the read doesn't indicate to give it to the B-Back, you don't. That credit goes to the defense.

Your context of "shutting down" is a lot different than mine. Make no mistake, the middle was not there in terms of reads, but there was clearly not an effort to give EB the ball. We don't give him the ball exclusively on reads. There are traps, dives, etc.

eaglewraith
October 14th, 2012, 12:25 AM
Your context of "shutting down" is a lot different than mine. Make no mistake, the middle was not there in terms of reads, but there was clearly not an effort to give EB the ball. We don't give him the ball exclusively on reads. There are traps, dives, etc.

My prediction was predicated on EB not blowing us up.

He didn't.

Profit???

dungeonjoe
October 14th, 2012, 04:54 AM
Thanks for the props Wofford faithful. Battle to the death. Beating #4 without a passing yard... good stuff. I gotta give HUGE reps to Wofford's team for standing at midfield, hats off, for Southern Pride to play the Alma Mater. CLASS... big time... class. Props for that.xpeacex

I hope that class will always be part of the program. I am sure the terriers would have done the same thing if Wofford had won.

dungeonjoe
October 14th, 2012, 04:56 AM

Less than two yards a carry ( with the long run subtracted), is shutting down EB.

woffordgrad94
October 14th, 2012, 06:24 AM
Less than two yards a carry ( with the long run subtracted), is shutting down EB.

I agree. EB was held in check, which is a big reason why our offense was limited and the Eagles got the victory. Hats off to GS for doing what they had to do.

gsu2583
October 14th, 2012, 07:40 AM

Props to S.D. wasting 1/4 of that post with a rambling narcissistic diatribe on how we shouldn't think of him as a coward and that he has "collegiate obligations" (aka a social life.) He says he doesn't obsess/care. He doesn't want to be thought of as a fraidy-cat and counts the number of times his social life has been brought up in the thread. Nice. What was that comment you made about my logic and contradictions?

Remember when I said "I think our sub par will be better than your sub par," and how both teams had only allowed 8 offensive touchdowns a piece? You didn't comment on that at all, you went along to the next post you found questionable or insulting and started railing away on that one. I know you occasionally post on the Flight Line, so maybe you read my post about "If they (Wofford) are going to beat us, they are going to have to do it on the corners because our interior tackling is stout." Well, with the exception of the "3-score" prediction, it seems like I was right about a few things (and I'm not someone to blow my own horn very often.) Along with the win, that's what I call having my cake and eating it too.

No one is obsessed with you. If anything, you have successfully (and intentionally) brought this "attention" on yourself. You have generally been combative, rude, foul-mouthed, and abrasive during the lead up to this game. You call the attention you are getting 'obsessing.' You flatter yourself. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, especially on a message board, but really you've just been a jerk. The one good thing that has come from this thread has been reading what OTHER Wofford fans had to say, and how they say it. They are some smart/objective cookies.

And BTW, as of 7:37AM CST, I'm still trolling you sweetheart...

(Now begin your post about how I was right about nothing...)

gsu2583
October 14th, 2012, 07:41 AM
I agree. EB was held in check, which is a big reason why our offense was limited and the Eagles got the victory. Hats off to GS for doing what they had to do.

It looked like he came up gimpy a few times and took himself out to get looked at by the trainers. Hopefully it wasn't too serious.

woffordgrad94
October 14th, 2012, 08:07 AM
It will take a lot to keep EB from playing in his hometown next week. Let's just hope he is 100%...we'll need him.

AppMan
October 14th, 2012, 08:11 AM

Have you ever considered the possibility play calling was the result of GSU's ability to shut down the FB dive?

At least we the opportunity to control our own destiny. Considering all the injuries the defense has suffered this year and all the young players being asked to step in I have doubts about the Apps ability to stop a triple option team. My worries are with the offense's ability to sustain drives and become very lackluster at times. They manage tp put up big numbers, but they all come in bunches.

gsu_paintballer
October 14th, 2012, 08:24 AM

Our total was pretty low too. Both teams played great defense.

Great game Terriers, and very classy move by your team to stay on the field post-game during the playing of our alma mater. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Agreed 100% on Wofford's post-game respectful move.

blueballs
October 14th, 2012, 08:41 AM
After the first Wofford drive I commented to those sitting around me that GSU defenders were faster and more physical than Wofford's offense and that Wofford wouldn't find the end zone unless GSU gave them another gift. That dynamic played out for 60 minutes. I felt like it was a bad match up for Wofford's offense and if they got anything it would be because they tricked GSU with a play call, not by lining up and out executing them.

I also thought McKinnon got tentative after the fumble on the second play, and that affected his play and the coaching staff sensed that and called the game accordingly. Despite that, Wofford's linebackers and DB's whipped our slotbacks and wide receivers and wouldn't be blocked and it caused huge problems for GSU.

Overlooked in all of this is the punt return by Darreion Robinson. That play got GSU going and past the earlier fumble and penalties. He singlehanded turned momentum and that was a huge play.

Both of these teams are good, well coached, and physical. However, neither will win the NC. Wofford isn't fast enough offensively and GSU isn't clean enough offensively (penalties, turnovers) and the QB play is still weak.

The SoCon continues to deliver great theater and the next 3 weeks promise to continue that.

cbarrier90
October 14th, 2012, 09:46 AM
It will take a lot to keep EB from playing in his hometown next week. Let's just hope he is 100%...we'll need him.

That would make it two return trips in a row he hasn't shown up...

Eaglesrus
October 14th, 2012, 09:56 AM
After the first Wofford drive I commented to those sitting around me that GSU defenders were faster and more physical than Wofford's offense and that Wofford wouldn't find the end zone unless GSU gave them another gift. That dynamic played out for 60 minutes. I felt like it was a bad match up for Wofford's offense and if they got anything it would be because they tricked GSU with a play call, not by lining up and out executing them.

I also thought McKinnon got tentative after the fumble on the second play, and that affected his play and the coaching staff sensed that and called the game accordingly. Despite that, Wofford's linebackers and DB's whipped our slotbacks and wide receivers and wouldn't be blocked and it caused huge problems for GSU.

Overlooked in all of this is the punt return by Darreion Robinson. That play got GSU going and past the earlier fumble and penalties. He singlehanded turned momentum and that was a huge play.

Both of these teams are good, well coached, and physical. However, neither will win the NC. Wofford isn't fast enough offensively and GSU isn't clean enough offensively (penalties, turnovers) and the QB play is still weak.

The SoCon continues to deliver great theater and the next 3 weeks promise to continue that.

Very good summation!

dungeonjoe
October 14th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Props to S.D. wasting 1/4 of that post with a rambling narcissistic diatribe on how we shouldn't think of him as a coward and that he has "collegiate obligations" (aka a social life.) He says he doesn't obsess/care. He doesn't want to be thought of as a fraidy-cat and counts the number of times his social life has been brought up in the thread. Nice. What was that comment you made about my logic and contradictions?

Remember when I said "I think our sub par will be better than your sub par," and how both teams had only allowed 8 offensive touchdowns a piece? You didn't comment on that at all, you went along to the next post you found questionable or insulting and started railing away on that one. I know you occasionally post on the Flight Line, so maybe you read my post about "If they (Wofford) are going to beat us, they are going to have to do it on the corners because our interior tackling is stout." Well, with the exception of the "3-score" prediction, it seems like I was right about a few things (and I'm not someone to blow my own horn very often.) Along with the win, that's what I call having my cake and eating it too.

No one is obsessed with you. If anything, you have successfully (and intentionally) brought this "attention" on yourself. You have generally been combative, rude, foul-mouthed, and abrasive during the lead up to this game. You call the attention you are getting 'obsessing.' You flatter yourself. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, especially on a message board, but really you've just been a jerk. The one good thing that has come from this thread has been reading what OTHER Wofford fans had to say, and how they say it. They are some smart/objective cookies.

I think you are obsessed with one person; kind of creepy. Get a life.

Reign of Terrier
October 14th, 2012, 11:37 AM

good point.

Reign of Terrier
October 14th, 2012, 11:42 AM

Dudebro, I could pull up so many comments on this thread insinuating that I get a life for even posting at all, so I don't want to hear it. Your posts are incoherent and creepy. Your reading comprehension needs drastic improvement. Like seriously, you're totally misrepresenting what I said as usual.

As usual, I don't really give a **** about your opinion, but I will say it is pretty contradictory of you to get up at 7:30 in the morning to just talk **** about me and then say you aren't obsessed with me. I swear to God I will call the cops if I start getting PMs demanding naked pics or something.

gsu_paintballer
October 14th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Dudebro, I could pull up so many comments on this thread insinuating that I get a life for even posting at all, so I don't want to hear it. Your posts are incoherent and creepy. Your reading comprehension needs drastic improvement. Like seriously, you're totally misrepresenting what I said as usual.

As usual, I don't really give a **** about your opinion, but I will say it is pretty contradictory of you to get up at 7:30 in the morning to just talk **** about me and then say you aren't obsessed with me. I swear to God I will call the cops if I start getting PMs demanding naked pics or something.

When you graduate from college, you won't sleep late everyday anymore, either.

eaglewraith
October 14th, 2012, 11:45 AM
I swear to God I will call the cops if I start getting PMs demanding naked pics or something.

Uhhhh

eaglewraith
October 14th, 2012, 11:46 AM

QFT

Never thought I'd consider 8AM to be "sleeping in."

Reign of Terrier
October 14th, 2012, 11:54 AM
QFT

Never thought I'd consider 8AM to be "sleeping in."

completely missing the point -_-

eaglewraith
October 14th, 2012, 12:12 PM
completely missing the point -_-

Trollololol?

Reign of Terrier
October 14th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Trollololol?

I just lost my last **** to give actually. I just think this dude is really creepy....

woffordgrad94
October 14th, 2012, 01:10 PM
I swear to God I will call the cops if I start getting PMs demanding naked pics or something.

LOL Let me know if this happens. xlolxxlolx

gsu2583
October 14th, 2012, 02:00 PM

Yeah, it's called having kids too.

Still going...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woySeSNBL3o

GSUEagle08
October 14th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Wofford Fans/Alums:

Great game last night. If you were at the game, I hope you enjoyed the atmosphere and didn't suffer too muck heckling. Every team has horrible fans, but I try to go out of my way at the games and speak with the opposing teams fans and wish them a safe trip and answer any questions about places to eat or visit. I feel that treating people kindly on campus is the right way to welcome folks. I learned this from my other alma mater's head coach, Bobby Dodd (Ga Tech).

Hope to see y'all again in the playoffs. Good luck on the rest of your season!

PS: If any of you speak with Coach Ayers, let him know that a lot of our fans give him nothing but respect and thanks for having the team stand while GSU's alma mater was played.

keller625
October 14th, 2012, 03:12 PM
i agree with eagles08, despite the trolls and s-talking on this thread,which is just talking out of there behinds, i have read this forum (site) for two years now i finally made a name to say... i have huge respect for wofford, they played a hard fought game and at the end they took there caps off to us. i respect that a lot, at the end you have to remember, it is a game. hope to see wofford again this season. go eagles!

woffordgrad94
October 14th, 2012, 03:30 PM
i agree with eagles08, despite the trolls and s-talking on this thread,which is just talking out of there behinds, i have read this forum (site) for two years now i finally made a name to say... i have huge respect for wofford, they played a hard fought game and at the end they took there caps off to us. i respect that a lot, at the end you have to remember, it is a game. hope to see wofford again this season. go eagles!

Very good first post. Welcome to AGS.

Eagle22
October 14th, 2012, 03:52 PM
http://www.gsufans.com/media/2012/gsuvswofford101312/index.htm

Photo Gallery from the game ....

eaglewraith
October 14th, 2012, 05:32 PM
good point.

Wait wait, isn't that what I said?

Reign of Terrier
October 14th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Wait wait, isn't that what I said?

You didn't say it the same way ;p

woffordgrad94
October 14th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Yeah, it's called having kids too.

Still going...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woySeSNBL3o

Wow, what a creepy video!

dungeonjoe
October 14th, 2012, 07:38 PM
From USA Today: Combined passes attempted by Georgia Southern and Wofford, an FCS record for fewest in a game, in a 17-9 Georgia Southern win. GSU did not throw a pass. The old mark of 11 had been set three times, most recently in 1994 when GSU threw eight times and The Citadel three.

keller625
October 14th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Very good first post. Welcome to AGS.

thanks woff94 iv been reading for a while now but you guys showed us enough respect i had to give yall credit. if you made it to the game i hope we showed you a good time, a friend of mine from woff (former cheerleader and a couple current) came to my tailgate and i was a very friendly a-hole as id like to say. drink our beer eat our food but lose the game lol. all the woff fans we met up with were good sports about being far from home and we had a good time. i hope we somehow see yall post season

Apphole
October 15th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Now here comes the tough one.

“It doesn't get any easier. App. State is a great football team. It's going to take our best, much better than we played against Georgia Southern.” -EB

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20121014/ARTICLES/121019798/1088/SPORTS?Title=Wofford-looks-to-rebound-against-Appalachian-St

Gringer1
October 15th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Obviously they're going to have to play better than they did against GSU. They lost.

eaglewraith
October 15th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Obviously they're going to have to play better than they did against GSU. They lost.

I'm definitley a Wofford fan this week.

Reign of Terrier
October 15th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Now here comes the tough one.

“It doesn't get any easier. App. State is a great football team. It's going to take our best, much better than we played against Georgia Southern.” -EB

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20121014/ARTICLES/121019798/1088/SPORTS?Title=Wofford-looks-to-rebound-against-Appalachian-St

The mentality of this team is a lot different than it was last year.

GaSouthern
October 15th, 2012, 09:32 AM
I'd like to note that Wofford coaches and players were completely Classy and the Woffy fans should be proud of the staff they have.

Apphole
October 15th, 2012, 09:34 AM
I'm definitley a Wofford fan this week.

Why? I would be all ASU if I were a Stink fan. A de facto SoCon Championship in Stinkboro will give you the emotional advantage heading into the App game. App playing for their lives would swing that in our favor. Even if we lose to Wofford, you have to beat us in the head to head for the championship. If I were a Stink fan, I'm pulling for the Black and Gold.

Gringer1
October 15th, 2012, 09:35 AM
So you're rooting for Wofford?

Apphole
October 15th, 2012, 09:39 AM
So you're rooting for Wofford?

xoutofrepx

Haha. Nah, but it would certainly be a silver lining if we happen to take an L.

Reign of Terrier
October 15th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Why? I would be all ASU if I were a Stink fan. A de facto SoCon Championship in Stinkboro will give you the emotional advantage heading into the App game. App playing for their lives would swing that in our favor. Even if we lose to Wofford, you have to beat us in the head to head for the championship. If I were a Stink fan, I'm pulling for the Black and Gold.

Wofford=black and gold

App State=black and piss yellow

eaglewraith
October 15th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Why?

Because I hate you? :)

Apphole
October 15th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Wofford=black and gold

I'll give you neon, but piss yellow? You need a Gatorade ASAP if that's what your pee pee looks like.

GSUEagle08
October 15th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Wofford=black and gold

Wofford has some pretty sweet uniforms (Home).

FWIW: My dad played back in the early 60s at App State and they had neat helmets (one with Yosef and an "A" on it, then they changed to just an "A").

ASUMountaineer
October 15th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Wofford=black and gold

I agree that ASU's is not really black and "gold." It used to be, and it was just easier to keep saying "black and gold" vs. "black and yellar."

SpeedkingATL
October 15th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Wofford=black and gold

If your piss is that god-awful color of gold/yellow you better see a doctor quickly.

Reign of Terrier
October 15th, 2012, 02:40 PM
You guys force my hand :p

Compare

App State's colors are solidly a 3, no more than a 4. Healthy urine is no darker than that.

Apphole
October 15th, 2012, 03:07 PM
You guys force my hand :p

Compare

App State's colors are solidly a 3, no more than a 4. Healthy urine is no darker than that.

Healthy urine is 1-2 there bud. Drink more water!!!

gsu2583
October 15th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Wow, it literally just became a pissing contest....

Reign of Terrier
October 15th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Healthy urine is 1-2 there bud. Drink more water!!!

go to the link and it says 3 is healthy. Piss yellow and black!

CC Eagle
October 15th, 2012, 04:50 PM

*starts slow clap

cbarrier90
October 15th, 2012, 05:06 PM

I am but a single poster, but I implore you all, REP THIS POST!

seantaylor
October 16th, 2012, 01:16 AM
Definitely rooting for Appy this week. We aren't losing at home, so I want all the other home teams to hold serve.

AppMan
October 16th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Wofford has some pretty sweet uniforms (Home).

FWIW: My dad played back in the early 60s at App State and they had neat helmets (one with Yosef and an "A" on it, then they changed to just an "A").

App had some of the best looking uni's around back in the mid 70's. Actual Gold and not that awful Yellar.