PDA

View Full Version : JSU Rebirth.........C/L Columnist Rick Cleveland

jstate83
July 31st, 2006, 09:06 AM
JSU Rebirth Expected By SWAC Coaches (http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060730/COL0504/607300351/0/SPORTS)

More JSU Sports from the Clarion Ledger, Forums, etc. (http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=SPORTS030101)

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:
30 more days.:nod:

MACHIAVELLI
July 31st, 2006, 09:43 AM
"Everybody knows what kind of guys they brought in to Jackson State, but I still think they're two years away," Mississippi Valley quarterback Aries Nelson said. "(JSU) may have a new great running back, but if five guys hit him, he's still going to go down. In football, you need a lot more than just a couple of star players."

jstate83
July 31st, 2006, 09:54 AM
"Everybody knows what kind of guys they brought in to Jackson State, but I still think they're two years away," Mississippi Valley quarterback Aries Nelson said. "(JSU) may have a new great running back, but if five guys hit him, he's still going to go down. In football, you need a lot more than just a couple of star players."

That's the mood here.:nod:
We just looking for DRASTIC IMPROVEMENT this year over the mess we had the past 3 years.

Comegy bought in these guy's in 3 months.
Next recruiting season is going to be a treat with an entire year under his belt in Mississippi.

bigbluetiger
July 31st, 2006, 10:19 AM
Expect the same results in Memphis. :smiley_wi

MACHIAVELLI
July 31st, 2006, 10:21 AM
The one thing that I didn't count on then was just how desperate the Jackson fans were for a winner.

jstate83
July 31st, 2006, 10:29 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Understatement of the year. xlolx xlolx

BLUE TIGER
August 7th, 2006, 11:17 AM
http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060807/SPORTS030101/608070340/1073

"Coach Croom was a huge fan of Corey's - said there was no one on his offensive line that would have been able to hold him this year," JSU coach Rick Comegy said. "He really thinks Corey is an NFL-caliber player and a good person, too. Kids transfer from Division I all the time for hundreds of reasons and Corey had his. We're just glad we've been able to scoop a few of them up like Corey."

"Once April hit, I was pretty sure I was coming to Jackson State," Clark said. "It was going to be closer to my family and I think we're going to play a high level of football here. Just look at all the talent we've got on the field. I'm surprised at how good and fast everybody is."

"That's nice, I guess, but I came to Jackson State because it's a good school where I felt comfortable - I didn't have to be the star," Clark said. "I'll miss Mississippi State. I had a lot of friends there who I keep in touch with. But the feeling of three days at Jackson State has made me just as comfortable as three years at Mississippi State. That's why I'm happy."

Mr. Tiger
August 7th, 2006, 12:11 PM
People will be surprised at how much better Jackson State will be this year. I don't think anyone is expecting 10-1 or 9-2 and a SWAC title. But a winning season, 6-5 and 7-4, is not out of the question. That's because James Bell was that BAD of a coach.

jstate83
August 7th, 2006, 12:15 PM
It was great seeing Haw, Pittman and Kimbrough taking reps in that backfield.

Speed............HAW
Power.............Pittman
Consistancy......Kimbrough.

Man................I can't wait................even if it is Paul Quinn.xlolx
I just want to see for myself Bell is not on the sideline.xlolx

Same with the LB corp.

Eaglegus2
August 7th, 2006, 12:33 PM
JSU Rebirth Expected By SWAC Coaches (http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060730/COL0504/607300351/0/SPORTS)

More JSU Sports from the Clarion Ledger, Forums, etc. (http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=SPORTS030101)

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:
30 more days.:nod:

Have you heard of a game between Jackson State v. Georgia Southern in 2007 at The Georgia Dome?

There have been rumblings that Jacksonville State v. Georgia Southern at The Georgia Dome in 2007.

I had previously heard a Jackson State assistant say that they wouldn't play the Eagles. Just wondering if you have heard anything.

Thanks!

Jax
August 7th, 2006, 12:44 PM
:read: October 14th...Can't hardly wait...

jstate83
August 7th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Have you heard of a game between Jackson State v. Georgia Southern in 2007 at The Georgia Dome?

There have been rumblings that Jacksonville State v. Georgia Southern at The Georgia Dome in 2007.

I had previously heard a Jackson State assistant say that they wouldn't play the Eagles. Just wondering if you have heard anything.

Thanks!

It was probably............."Would not BE playing the Eagles".........:nod:

We will play anybody.

The 9 game mandate keep's us from scheduling like we did in the '80's and '90's were we could play our classics and schedule a SFA, Nicholl's, N'Western or at that time TROY.

In fact, we were trying to schedule ya'll, (Ga. SOU), in the slot that Paul Quinn is slated for this year. We were also looking at Lou-Laf for that game also.

Dates and scheduling just was not going to allow it.

BLUE TIGER
August 7th, 2006, 05:45 PM

Thanks!

Now I would love to see this happen, and you are right on about the game being played in the Dome. This would be an instant classic.