PDA

View Full Version : The Curse Lives!

carney2
October 6th, 2012, 06:59 PM
The gods are extending a carefully selected digit to all those who mocked them and/or picked Lafayette to beat Princeton. Here's where we stand with 5 to go in the 3rd:

Lafayette QB reports to infirmary with concussion symptoms.

Replacement QB is playing with a broken bone in his foot.

Two starting Lafayette LBs out. (Not sure why at this point.)

22-0 Princeton

RichH2
October 6th, 2012, 07:01 PM
I should have listened to you. What luck.

carney2
October 6th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Luck has nothing to do with it. It's foreordained.

35-7 early in the 4th.

Update on the two missing LBs: One out for the year with a torn ACL. The other suspended for a violation of team rules.

As I said in the Pick 'em thread, this isn't football, it's an execution.

van
October 6th, 2012, 07:27 PM
You guys seem to have a lot of trouble with those team rules.

RichH2
October 6th, 2012, 07:31 PM
True and a bloody one.

carney2
October 6th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Fiinal: 35-14.

In the past three seasons Princeton has beaten Columbia (twice) and Lafayette (twice). That's it!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 6th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Next week might be Lafayette's best chance to win another game this year.

RichH2
October 6th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Tigers are a bad team overall. Really have to screw the pooch to lose this badly.

Southsider
October 6th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Tigers are a bad team overall. Really have to screw the pooch to lose this badly.

Couldn't disagree with you more. Look, teams don't stay down forever. I thought Princeton looked very sharp tonight. Ya know, at this level you better not take anyone lightly. Even watching LU/Columbia today, I thought Columbia brought some game.

Pard4Life
October 7th, 2012, 09:57 AM

You probably keep thinking of their first half at Lehigh. I never saw it and all I've seen from Princeton is tough and gritty play, and they beat Columbia by the same margin as you as a road team.

RichH2
October 7th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Well , clear that PU better than last few yrs. That does not make them a good team. Do agree they are improving.
Yes , Columbia brought energy and effort. Very active D. Admirable but they also are not a good team. Both seem to be getting more competitive.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 7th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Princeton is not nearly as bad as advertised. I don't think they'll knock off Harvard or anything, but they're clearly not a bad team. Will be interesting to see how they do against Dartmouth, Cornell, etc.

Go Green
October 7th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Princeton is not nearly as bad as advertised. I don't think they'll knock off Harvard or anything, but they're clearly not a bad team. Will be interesting to see how they do against Dartmouth, Cornell, etc.

They also lost to Georgetown.

Princeton plays Brown next. If they win that, they'll get some respect (although Brown apparently lost their best runner to injury yesterday).

crusader11
October 7th, 2012, 01:17 PM

I actually think that Princeton will give Harvard their toughest game all year. Their defense, especially front seven, is pretty darn good. They're really not that bad at all, and I'd be willing to bet they'll finish in the upper half of the Ivy League.

Ivytalk
October 7th, 2012, 01:36 PM
I actually think that Princeton will give Harvard their toughest game all year. Their defense, especially front seven, is pretty darn good. They're really not that bad at all, and I'd be willing to bet they'll finish in the upper half of the Ivy League.

Princeton hasn't faced an offense as good and as balanced as Harvard's. Even if the Tigers manage to beat Brown, which would be an upset, they'll be lucky to stay within two scores of the Crimson.

crusader11
October 7th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Princeton hasn't faced an offense as good and as balanced as Harvard's. Even if the Tigers manage to beat Brown, which would be an upset, they'll be lucky to stay within two scores of the Crimson.

And I think Harvard wins the rest of their games by at least two scores the rest of the way. There is no team in the Ivy League that has the horses to keep it close. Brown is probably the league's second best team, and they already disposed of Bruno rather easily.

Would love to see this team in the FCS playoffs.....oh well.

RichH2
October 7th, 2012, 01:53 PM
No doubt PU front 7 is very good. Rest of the team is still under construction. Guess they could give Harvard a tussle for a while but wont stay closr for long.

See little point in trying to boost LU's resume by making PU and Columbia into more than what they are. PU is now a more competitive team than last yr, again that does not make them a good team. No matter how you spin it Columbia a ways to go yet before they will be competitive.

Go Green
October 7th, 2012, 02:44 PM
There is no team in the Ivy League that has the horses to keep it close..

Second Half Dartmouth is one of the best teams in the nation. They've only given up 8 points all year.

The trick is whether or not First Half Dartmouth doesn't dig the team into too much of a hole....

carney2
October 7th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Next week might be Lafayette's best chance to win another game this year.

Not so sure about that. The Patriot League isn't exactly loaded this year, and the Pards have had about as much success with Yale over the years as they have with Princeton.

Pard4Life
October 7th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Not so sure about that. The Patriot League isn't exactly loaded this year, and the Pards have had about as much success with Yale over the years as they have with Princeton.

We really have not had much of a track record against Yale though. Four games were during a time when Yale was a powerhouse and we had a bad team. Two were in the early 90s, both close games. In 2006, Yale had their best team in decades and we lost by three in a Fisher shootout. We beat them in 2009 and last year, somehow playing a good game after the Harvard disaster. Yale wasn't bad last year. I fear Frankosaurus more than the Curse for Saturday.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 7th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Yale is bad. You should beat them handily, if not for yourselves, for the sake of the PL. If you lose to them, it would show that the PL is the weakest it's been in a long, long time.

Pard4Life
October 7th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Yale is bad. You should beat them handily, if not for yourselves, for the sake of the PL. If you lose to them, it would show that the PL is the weakest it's been in a long, long time.

I followed the Colgate game and Yale couldn't stop a thing. When they had a shot, Yale would cough it up or give up a big play. If their top WR is out, makes it worse of course. Do not doubt the Frankosaurus. We should have aired it against Princeton and did not. Our QB has an arm and accuracy. We should do the same at Yale and probably won't.

carney2
October 8th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Do not doubt the Frankosaurus.

We/he can be our worst enemy. I'm still trying to get over the brainlock @ Bucknell where The Frankosaurus butted his head again and again against a 7-8-9 man front.

CFBfan
October 8th, 2012, 08:35 AM
They also lost to Georgetown.

Princeton plays Brown next. If they win that, they'll get some respect (although Brown apparently lost their best runner to injury yesterday).

GTown with their #1 AND/OR #2 QB is VERY different then GTown with their #3 QB
Very scrappy team that would be a very tough out for anyone in the Ivy and PL with their top QB.
Their D has had to CONSTANTLY defend very short fields caused by a POOR (as in worst in the PL) kicking game....punts AND kickoffs plus a sporatic O that does not play the field position game well....BUT with The #1 or 2 QB that cahnges. FU had 101 rushing yds on 33 carries and that includes 1 for about 40.

CFBfan
October 8th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Second Half Dartmouth is one of the best teams in the nation. They've only given up 8 points all year.

The trick is whether or not First Half Dartmouth doesn't dig the team into too much of a hole....

Against BUTLER, Holy Cross that just won it's 1st game, Penn and YALE that's not much to brag about

CFBfan
October 8th, 2012, 08:38 AM

Pards will win by at least 2 scores

Go Green
October 8th, 2012, 08:41 AM
GTown with their #1 AND/OR #2 QB is VERY different then GTown with their #3 QB

I agree, but Georgetown did indeed beat Princeton with their #3 QB.

RichH2
October 8th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Normally I would go with cfb, but Carney knows his Curses. I will not go against his opinion on those games.

CFBfan
October 8th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Normally I would go with cfb, but Carney knows his Curses. I will not go against his opinion on those games.

understood and with "that" factoed in, Pards win be 2 scores!!

CFBfan
October 8th, 2012, 08:53 AM
I agree, but Georgetown did indeed beat Princeton with their #3 QB.

Coming off the bench during the game with no expectations has proved to be very different than starting the week as the #1 and getting all the reps.....nerves, D's putting pressure, etc and it shows