PDA

View Full Version : Who is the "BEST" Qb in the FCS..................................

Pages : [1] 2

justintyem
October 6th, 2012, 04:29 PM
#16 Brock Jensenxbowx xawesomex

Twentysix
October 6th, 2012, 04:30 PM
He definitly can throw his name in the hat.

justintyem
October 6th, 2012, 04:33 PM
FARGO – There is no Merriam-Webster definition for “FCS quarterback,” but if there was, a picture of North Dakota State’s Brock Jensen or Youngstown State’s Kurt Hess would suffice. The similarities between them are striking.

Both juniors are about the same size at around

6-foot-3 and 225 pounds. Both have thrown for eight touchdowns without an interception this season. And both possess off-the-field traits that cannot be measured on a stat sheet.

“He’s a winner and he’s a leader,” Hess said of Jensen. “Look at his record. You can say anything about his stats, but Brock has done a great job of leading his troops.”

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/376314/

bojeta
October 6th, 2012, 04:49 PM
I vote for Andre Broadous of Cal Poly. Amazing stats. Only two interceptions in 3 years!! Cal Poly 5-0

WrenFGun
October 6th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Heinecke.

Closest thing to Ricky Santos in the FCS since, well, Ricky Santos.

justintyem
October 6th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Stats dont make you the Best Qb. Brock is the COMPLETE GENERAL !!!!

steelbison
October 6th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Heinecke.

No disrespect but who does he play for?

bojeta
October 6th, 2012, 05:13 PM

Hey, Brock is good, no doubt. But I wasn't just referring to stats alone. Broadous has rushed, passed, and lead Cal Poly to a GW Title last year and a 5-0 start this year. That ain't just stats...

WrenFGun
October 6th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Hey, Brock is good, no doubt. But I wasn't just referring to stats alone. Broadous has rushed, passed, and lead Cal Poly to a GW Title last year and a 5-0 start this year. That ain't just stats...

Sorry, Heinicke. He plays for ODU ... 2281 Yards passing this year, 21 TD and 6 INT. Also leads ODU in rushing (237 yards).

23 TD and 1 INT last season playing only 9 games.

Beast. Best player in FCS.

mmiller_34
October 6th, 2012, 05:49 PM
I think that Brock Jensen is the best quarterback in the Football Championship Subdivision.

AmsterBison
October 6th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Sorry, Heinicke. He plays for ODU ... 2281 Yards passing this year, 21 TD and 6 INT. Also leads ODU in rushing (237 yards).

Holy carp! Those are some eye-opening stats.

RichH2
October 6th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Heinicke , hands down.

darell1976
October 6th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Brock Jensen-NDSU #6 in pass rating
Marcus Hendrickson-UND #8 in pass rating

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2012&rpt=IAA_playerpasseff&site=org&div=IAA&dest=O
These stats do not include today's game.

I can't remember the last time the state of ND had 2 QB's in the top 10 of the nation.

After today I would say Brock Jensen as the best...unless Marcus throws for 500 yards and 6 TD's with 0INT's against EWU.xsmiley_wix

LEHIGH61
October 6th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Heinicke!

narc
October 6th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Heinicke!

This times 1,000. The Division I record holder for passing yards in a single game should be at the top of the list.

GATA_Eagles
October 6th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Heinicke. Most dangerous QB we faced last seasons and even more deadly this season.

justintyem
October 6th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Who has the National Championship ??? Not OD,not GSU but THE NDSU Bison!!!!!! BTW-No Defense adds up HUGE STATS!!!!

narc
October 6th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Who has the National Championship ??? Not OD,not GSU but THE NDSU Bison!!!!!! BTW-No Defense adds up HUGE STATS!!!!

Oy...

RichH2
October 6th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Geez guy, thread is best Qb not best team.

metternick
October 6th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Anybody who doesn't say Heinicke, DQ their opinion for the season!

bri-dog
October 6th, 2012, 08:10 PM
I dunno, it always tastes "skunky" to me.

Oh ****, my bad -- I thought you said Heineken...

eaglewraith
October 6th, 2012, 08:16 PM

Umm nobody has a National Championship this year....so wtf are you talking about?

Plus, Heinecke is the real deal. I'd love to see ODU play against NDSU, would be interesting to see how well that Tampa 2 works against him.

DJnva
October 6th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Holy carp! Those are some eye-opening stats.

The answer is Heinicke.

Try these numbers on for size:

Career: 14 games (essentially one season, plus a postseason game or two): 44 TDs, 7 INT, 69% completion, nearly 4700 yards passing, and 600 yards rushing.

Pace this season is: 50 TDs, 10 INT, 5500 yards passing and 570 yards rushing. That's not including any playoff games.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 6th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Umm nobody has a National Championship this year....so wtf are you talking about?

Plus, Heinecke is the real deal. I'd love to see ODU play against NDSU, would be interesting to see how well that Tampa 2 works against him.

NDSU would handle ODU pretty easily IMO. ODU's defense is mediocre at best.

DJnva
October 6th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Easily?

I'll give you the mediocre at best defense, but I find it tough to say any team would handle Heinicke and that offense "easily".

Love to see this matchup though.

kingranch
October 6th, 2012, 08:36 PM
hands down jensen, he is the reason ndsu is better than last year, odu would lose by three touchdowns to ndsu this year. have you guys watched a ndsu game this year they can score at will and slow the game down to a trickle with their run game , couple that with a qb who makes zero mistakes and you have a recipe for success.

narc
October 6th, 2012, 08:37 PM
NDSU would handle ODU pretty easily IMO. ODU's defense is mediocre at best.

ODU's defense would not be NDSU's primary concern, I guess we'll have to wait for a olayoff game...but the original question was best QB, not best team.

kingranch
October 6th, 2012, 08:39 PM
by the way their are many a folk in nd that think wentz, our backup, is much better than jensen

FargoBison
October 6th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Heinicke is a machine, definitely the best.

Jensen might be the most efficient QB though, great game manager and can make a play when it needs to be made. I'd say both are perfect fits for what their teams want to do.

mountaineerman
October 6th, 2012, 08:43 PM
they call him jamal in boone

justintyem
October 6th, 2012, 08:47 PM

Plus, Heinecke is the real deal. I'd love to see ODU play against NDSU, would be interesting to see how well that Tampa 2 works against him.Ur WRONG, NDSU beat Sam Houston State in Frisco,Texas January 7,2012 for the FCS National Football Championship. Isnt it still 2012???? Im just sayin' !!!!!!

justintyem
October 6th, 2012, 08:49 PM
ODU's defense would not be NDSU's primary concern, I guess we'll have to wait for a olayoff game...but the original question was best QB, not best team.We will see in 1-2 years who is better

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 6th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Being the best team doesn't mean you have the best QB.

Per SmallcollegeFBfan, who probably knows FCS talent better than anyone, Southern Utah's Brad Sorenson is the best QB in the FCS.

And yes, ODU's Taylor Heineke is better than Jensen, having watched both of them.

UNIFanSince1983
October 6th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Brock Jensen plays on the best team no doubt. He is doing what Roethlisberger used to do for the Steelers. Not make mistakes make a few plays when needed, but mostly don't mess it up for that defense. That is not to disrespect him he is a great player. He is not the best QB in FCS though.

I'll throw my vote in for the ODU kid.

In a couple of years we may be talking about Sawyer Kollmorgen though!

kingranch
October 6th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Being the best team doesn't mean you have the best QB.

Per SmallcollegeFBfan, who probably knows FCS talent better than anyone, Southern Utah's Brad Sorenson is the best QB in the FCS.

And yes, ODU's Taylor Heineke is better than Jensen, having watched both of them.

as a first year qb batteling for a starting job

ODU Oldtimer
October 6th, 2012, 08:57 PM
I think that Brock Jensen is the best quarterback in the Football Championship Subdivision.

ODU's #14 Heinecke. The best I have seen and a long time, and I have been around a long time

FargoBison
October 6th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Jensen might be the most underrated QB in the FCS but again not the best.

IBleedYellow
October 6th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Jensen might be the most underrated QB in the FCS but again not the best.

This x100

Jensen is a stud and has receivers who just don't drop the ball. He either puts the ball where our boys will catch it or it's I/C.

narc
October 6th, 2012, 09:14 PM
We will see in 1-2 years who is better

No, we won't. ODU goes into FBS/FCS purgatory next year. This year or bust for ODU in FCS.

kingranch
October 6th, 2012, 09:18 PM
No, we won't. ODU goes into FBS/FCS purgatory next year. This year or bust for ODU in FCS.

than congratssssss on being one and done in the playoffs whoever you face
xsmileyclapx

steelbison
October 6th, 2012, 09:21 PM

Thanks. Those are impressive stats. Hopefully I get a chance to see him play.

steelbison
October 6th, 2012, 09:24 PM
by the way their are many a folk in nd that think wentz, our backup, is much better than jensen

Are you talking about yourself and his family?? Dumbest post of the year by far!!!!

steelbison
October 6th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Brock Jensen plays on the best team no doubt. He is doing what Roethlisberger used to do for the Steelers. Not make mistakes make a few plays when needed, but mostly don't mess it up for that defense. That is not to disrespect him he is a great player. He is not the best QB in FCS though.

I'll throw my vote in for the ODU kid.

In a couple of years we may be talking about Sawyer Kollmorgen though!

Last year Brock was a game manager. He is much better this year. Very impressed with Sawyer. Threw some great balls last week. Best Throwing QB we have faced this year by far.

LakesBison
October 6th, 2012, 10:28 PM
*BROCK is 22-2 since loss at end of 2010 (EWU & YSU) BY 1 & 3 points time to move up

HandoEX
October 7th, 2012, 12:39 AM
*BROCK is 22-2 since loss at end of 2010 (EWU & YSU) BY 1 & 3 points time to move up

Well, Brock is 19-1 since the loss in Cheney. He is so damn accurate and he's really a great QB with lots of weapons in his arsenal. His poise, confidence, and respect define him as a QB at the top of the FCS world. As good as any I have seen at NDSU. He completed 45% of his passes as a freshman and has been at about 70% completions since, with lots of passing & receiving touchdowns and almost no interceptions or fumbles. Stud in every sense if the word.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 7th, 2012, 01:12 AM
EWU RS Freshman Vernon Adams... if he keeps this up. Through 2 1/4 games playing time....

44/68 (64.7%) 579 yards, 7 TDs, 1 INT.......... 167.3 Efficiency Rating. Plus, 23 carries for 173 yards (6.8 ypc) on the ground.

word
October 7th, 2012, 02:35 AM
I'm an NDSU fan but where do I start. If you've watched a few FCS games you know who is good and who is great. Brock is on the undisputed best team in the nation and he is pretty damn good. Heinecke is pretty damn great if you've watched him at all. Do i think NDSU would beat ODU, yes....do I think Heinecke would beat Jensen in a throwing contest .....yes. Throttle the **** down. I don't post often on here, but maybe keep your comments to bisonville when you are so uninformed.

If you want a quick fact, i'll give you one. A great quarterback doesn't miss a wide open guy streakin down the field on a flee flicker......that's a play a kid in the stands could of made.

word
October 7th, 2012, 02:39 AM
Screamin_Eagle, your a ****ing joke. I'd almost give up home field against you to play on that **** hole and kick your teeth in. I'm glad you got that win a few years ago, just to pump your ego up. You'll probalby never even win the big sky conference again.

word
October 7th, 2012, 02:42 AM
Honestly, half of AGS doesn't even realize your a team. Canadain middle schools have better stadium than you do....haha I said stadium. I meant a few seats....or whatever you call that.

HandoEX
October 7th, 2012, 02:56 AM
I'm an NDSU fan but where do I start. If you've watched a few FCS games you know who is good and who is great. Brock is on the undisputed best team in the nation and he is pretty damn good. Heinecke is pretty damn great if you've watched him at all. Do i think NDSU would beat ODU, yes....do I think Heinecke would beat Jensen in a throwing contest .....yes. Throttle the **** down. I don't post often on here, but maybe keep your comments to bisonville when you are so uninformed.

If you want a quick fact, i'll give you one. A great quarterback doesn't miss a wide open guy streakin down the field on a flee flicker......that's a play a kid in the stands could of made.
Who exactly are you calling out here?

Anyone that has seen Brock play will confirm he is a lock for the #1 overall pick in the 2014 NFL draft. Throttle the **** up. Haha!

ODU Oldtimer
October 7th, 2012, 03:41 AM
The ONLY FCS player to ever be selected as an AT & T All American in the 8 year history of the Award!
Not to mention the NCAA Division I Record Holder for the most passing yards every.....going back over 140+ years

Week 4: Taylor Heinicke (QB - Old Dominion)

Now you See why I Vote Taylor Heinicke ODU

word
October 7th, 2012, 03:48 AM
Who exactly are you calling out here?

Anyone that has seen Brock play will confirm he is a lock for the #1 overall pick in the 2014 NFL draft. Throttle the **** up. Haha!

Red Bulls for all.....throttle the **** up

word
October 7th, 2012, 03:53 AM
*sarcasm meter* that's what we are thinking. The bison are going to be gutted by juniors going pro. Jensen #1 of course, then we got another 7 first rounders lead by drevlow, jirik, williams, pierre, turner, vaadeland, olson.....geez not to mention our second rounders.........

by the way, not calling anyone out in particular, just a little disturbed about the fans that think our team is indestructble.

On that same note, I don't think a team can come into the dome again and beat the bison for the next 2 years. Our crowd is to football smart, and it is very difficult for a team to ever audible or try anything from the line.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 7th, 2012, 03:59 AM
Screamin_Eagle, your a ****ing joke. I'd almost give up home field against you to play on that **** hole and kick your teeth in. I'm glad you got that win a few years ago, just to pump your ego up. You'll probalby never even win the big sky conference again.

Put down your keyboard and tend to your bleeding @sshole, Brock. Two years later, and it's still bleeding. My, my.

word
October 7th, 2012, 04:03 AM
Put down your keyboard and tend to your bleeding @sshole, Brock. Two years later, and it's still bleeding. My, my.

Says the guy that still lives in his moms basement.....Why don't you make the playoffs this year, and then we'll talk again.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 7th, 2012, 04:05 AM
Says the guy that still lives in his moms basement.....Why don't you make the playoffs this year, and then we'll talk again.

Well you got me there. My mom's basement is nowhere near as spacious as your mom's vagina, where you and half the block live. Well played.

word
October 7th, 2012, 04:12 AM
Well you got me there. My mom's basement is nowhere near as spacious as your mom's vagina, where you and half the block live. Well played.

Nah, you might have won. My mom's vag is big, i'm surprised you get wi-fi from there.

Ted
October 7th, 2012, 04:21 AM
Hey word ask the gentleman who bill fette is. He was more valuable than TJ for the Eagles the year The Bison lost so the gentleman will have some kind words for bill.

word
October 7th, 2012, 04:35 AM
Nah, the iggles won that game. Taiwan ran all over us and we gave it away. They were the better team that day, it just cracks me up , because that game is that bitches signature game....

word
October 7th, 2012, 04:36 AM
To clarify, it should have never came to that......

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 7th, 2012, 06:02 AM
If there is an FCS quarterback better than Taylor Heinicke, is live to see him play.

Ivytalk
October 7th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Colton Chapple outplayed Jeff Matthews yesterday and is probably the best QB in the Ivies.

Overall, Heinicke is pretty darned good.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 7th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Well, Brock is 19-1 since the loss in Cheney. He is so damn accurate and he's really a great QB with lots of weapons in his arsenal. His poise, confidence, and respect define him as a QB at the top of the FCS world. As good as any I have seen at NDSU. He completed 45% of his passes as a freshman and has been at about 70% completions since, with lots of passing & receiving touchdowns and almost no interceptions or fumbles. Stud in every sense if the word.

Brock is very good and with the style of offense we run, he is a percfect fit. Other QBs are going to have 'impressive' stats esp if they have a spread offense but I wouldn't trade Brock for any of them.

ODU vs NDSU??

Interesting matchup but IMO Bison would win easily.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 7th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Nah, the iggles won that game. Taiwan ran all over us and we gave it away. They were the better team that day, it just cracks me up , because that game is that bitches signature game....

That's cute, bi-son fans still think that was our biggest win. xlolx

Our 0-19 20 point comeback in the NC was far more impressive, against a better defense than the prairie cows'. But you gals sure make it fun to kick more sand in your collective vaginas. xthumbsupx

eaglewraith
October 7th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Brock is very good and with the style of offense we run, he is a percfect fit. Other QBs are going to have 'impressive' stats esp if they have a spread offense but I wouldn't trade Brock for any of them.

ODU vs NDSU??

Interesting matchup but IMO Bison would win easily.

Honestly I don't think it would be easy.

The difference with ODU and all the other spread teams is that they actually have a pretty stout OL. You give Heinicke time and he's going to pick you apart.

NDSU might be solid on offense and not make mistakes, but I'm not actually sure they could win a true shootout. That offense isn't built for that.

eaglewraith
October 7th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Ur WRONG, NDSU beat Sam Houston State in Frisco,Texas January 7,2012 for the FCS National Football Championship. Isnt it still 2012???? Im just sayin' !!!!!!

2011 National Championship.

Once again, no one has a National Championship this year.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 7th, 2012, 01:08 PM
2011 National Championship.

Once again, no one has a National Championship this year.

Wrong. Bi-son fans have the FCS, *AND* BCS National Championships locked up already.... in their heads. xlolx

FargoBison
October 7th, 2012, 01:28 PM

The difference with ODU and all the other spread teams is that they actually have a pretty stout OL. You give Heinicke time and he's going to pick you apart.

NDSU might be solid on offense and not make mistakes, but I'm not actually sure they could win a true shootout. That offense isn't built for that.

We have won shootouts with this offense, our offense wasn't great this year but we have more dynamic players and depth this year. Plus our QB isn't hampered with a foot injury.

eaglewraith
October 7th, 2012, 01:36 PM
We have won shootouts with this offense, our offense wasn't great this year but we have more dynamic players and depth this year. Plus our QB isn't hampered with a foot injury.

When?

I never thought our game with them last year would come down to who could make just ONE stop. That score was 55-48. We never punted, and they were running a fake punt option every time they "punted." That's the true definition of a shootout. I looked several years back and didn't say any scores that stuck out at me like that for you guys. Our game came down to the very last possession.

I didn't think it would go down like that, but then again I wasn't expecting the protection their OL gave Heinicke. It was pretty impressive. We weren't shabby in our secondary last year but give that kid enough time and he'll make you pay.

I'm not saying NDSU wouldn't win, it's definitely a possibility. However it's in no way going to be easy if it were to happen.

FargoBison
October 7th, 2012, 01:46 PM
When?

I never thought our game with them last year would come down to who could make just ONE stop. That score was 55-48. We never punted, and they were running a fake punt option every time they "punted." That's the true definition of a shootout. I looked several years back and didn't say any scores that stuck out at me like that for you guys. Our game came down to the very last possession.

I didn't think it would go down like that, but then again I wasn't expecting the protection their OL gave Heinicke. It was pretty impressive. We weren't shabby in our secondary last year but give that kid enough time and he'll make you pay.

I'm not saying NDSU wouldn't win, it's definitely a possibility. However it's in no way going to be easy if it were to happen.

We've had some shootouts in the past. It depends more on our personnel, this year we have that ability to spread the field and throw the ball around. We had that ability back in the Steve Walker era as well when we were a top team during our transition. Our offense can operate on a very high level with the right QB. We had an epic shootout with SHSU back in 2007.

That said Jensen has just started to turn into that kind of QB, we had three years of horrific QB play prior to that. Some games we struggled to even complete a forward pass.

asumike83
October 7th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Hard to go with anyone but Heinicke. Best team and best QB are completely separate conversations.

jmufan999
October 7th, 2012, 02:03 PM
The best running QB I've seen this year is JMU's Thorpe. Best passer is Heinicke. Depends on what you're looking for. JMU relies on long drives and ODU thrives on quick strikes.

11/17 can't get here soon enough.

THE HERD
October 7th, 2012, 02:16 PM

With as bad as ODU's D is their offense probably wouldn't see the field much, as we would be running the ball and grinding out the clock. I think we would win, but not easily.

THE HERD
October 7th, 2012, 02:20 PM
When?

All due respect, but G Southerns D was no where near ours last year in the playoffs.

I-16Bandit
October 7th, 2012, 02:26 PM
All due respect, but G Southerns D was no where near ours last year in the playoffs.

I don't know. I think we had an inch or two on your guys.

Bisonoline
October 7th, 2012, 02:31 PM

What do they gauge that opinion on? if its based on his work in garbage time then they are idiots and know nothing about the game.

eaglewraith
October 7th, 2012, 02:47 PM

Was not comparing our defense to yours at all. Just saying that playing ODU was an eye opening experience.

Bisonoline
October 7th, 2012, 02:53 PM
To say any QB is the best is of course opinion. Stats are nice but you have to take in to consideration the style of offense the QB is playing in. Some styles are meant for big stats to be success full. While others styles are more balanced which leads to lowers stats in the passing game.
I myself look for a QB that performs at a high level in all facets of the game. How well does he manage the game? Leadership? Good on the field decisions? Cant he make the tough throw when it NEEDS to be there? Can he improvise? Can and will he play hurt and still be effective? How well does he respond in pressure situations? Etc etc. I think Jensen is a very very good QB. To think that there isnt another QB out of the other 100 plus teams in our division who is equally as good is ridiculous and not realistic.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 7th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Hard to go with anyone but Heinicke. Best team and best QB are completely separate conversations.

That would be my answer as well.

coover
October 7th, 2012, 06:06 PM
The answer is Heinicke.

Try these numbers on for size:

Career: 14 games (essentially one season, plus a postseason game or two): 44 TDs, 7 INT, 69% completion, nearly 4700 yards passing, and 600 yards rushing.

Pace this season is: 50 TDs, 10 INT, 5500 yards passing and 570 yards rushing. That's not including any playoff games.

How many Big Sky teams has he played against? That's the real measure!

Grizo406
October 7th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Per the thread title, I think the Griz have three of the best!

Trent McKinney
Shay Smithwick-Hann
Adam Brzeczek

Uncharacteristically for the Griz, things just haven't went our way...and I don't like it one bit!!!xcoffeex

narc
October 7th, 2012, 08:24 PM
The best running QB I've seen this year is JMU's Thorpe. Best passer is Heinicke. Depends on what you're looking for. JMU relies on long drives and ODU thrives on quick strikes.

11/17 can't get here soon enough.

That game has the potential to be one of the greats - last CAA game for ODU, the potential for each team to have one loss a piece or undefeated in FCS play, the competing offensive styles. I would be shocked if it wasn't a sellout.

DJnva
October 7th, 2012, 08:50 PM
With as bad as ODU's D is their offense probably wouldn't see the field much, as we would be running the ball and grinding out the clock. I think we would win, but not easily.

Grind the clock all day, but eventually your drive ends and ODU gets the ball back. What ODU's offense does is put the pressure on the opposing teams to score TDs and not kick FGs.

Not to mention, on days when ODU is not tackling well, you may think you'll need a 10 play drive to move 80 yards on the ground, but sometimes it only takes 3 :)

kalm
October 7th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Hey word ask the gentleman who bill fette is. He was more valuable than TJ for the Eagles the year The Bison lost so the gentleman will have some kind words for bill.

What position did he play?

Bisonoline
October 7th, 2012, 09:24 PM
What position did he play?

I think he was annointed the Wizard of the replay booth. Also known as EWUs 12th man.xnodx

kalm
October 7th, 2012, 09:27 PM
I think he was annointed the Wizard of the replay booth. Also known as EWUs 12th man.xnodx

Well I looked back on our 2010 roster and couldn't find him, so I think you guys are confused.

Bisonoline
October 7th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Well I looked back on our 2010 roster and couldn't find him, so I think you guys are confused.

Oh my--its worse than I thought.xlolx

kalm
October 7th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Oh my--its worse than I thought.xlolx

Huh?

kalm
October 7th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Oh...and FWIW, Heinike is clearly the best QB in the FCS so far this season, and it ain't even close. Sorry...

stevdock
October 7th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Brock may not be the best in FCS but I know I wouldn't want anyone else leading my team. Kid wanted to come to NDSU out of HS, earned his spot and leads his team to do things we haven't seen in a very long time. And just refuses to lose. If/when we are down in the 4th quarter in the future, I have no doubt in my mind he is in charge of the huddle and will do everything in his power to win the game. And best of all his teammates have all the confidence in the world in him to get the job done. (a la running away from the GSU team with a 104 temp fighting off the flu)

malibudude
October 7th, 2012, 09:37 PM
I will go with Sorensen from SUU. If he had a few more toys to play with...

BisonBacker
October 7th, 2012, 10:59 PM
Over on the YSU message board one poster was talking about how Brock is no Kurt Hess. Based on yesterdays game and Brocks overall body of work I wouldn't trade him for Hess. Brocks a proven winner.

Grizalltheway
October 7th, 2012, 11:24 PM
Heinicke is a machine, definitely the best.

Jensen might be the most efficient QB though, great game manager and can make a play when it needs to be made. I'd say both are perfect fits for what their teams want to do.

This.

DJKyR0
October 8th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Over on the YSU message board one poster was talking about how Brock is no Kurt Hess.

They're right - Brock has a championship and hasn't thrown an interception this season.

MarkyMark
October 8th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Over on the YSU message board one poster was talking about how Brock is no Kurt Hess. Based on yesterdays game and Brocks overall body of work I wouldn't trade him for Hess. Brocks a proven winner.

Hess looked very good during the first quarter until Williams pick six from the 3 yard line. Hess looked very average for the rest of the game.

Walkon79
October 8th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Not saying he's the best, but I wouldn't go to battle with anyone but DeNarius right now. he is just willing this team to wins with his arm and his legs.

justintyem
October 8th, 2012, 10:48 PM
To be the "Best",You gotta "Beat" the "Best".

Milkman
October 8th, 2012, 11:21 PM

UNIFanSince1983
October 13th, 2012, 05:59 PM

So is Perish the best in FCS now?

Hmm Jensen looked good today...

Sorry someone had to bring this back up :)

344Johnson
October 13th, 2012, 06:30 PM
So is Perish the best in FCS now?

Hmm Jensen looked good today...

Sorry someone had to bring this back up :)

I was originally going to but you beat me to it. As sad as I am the Bison lost, seeing justintyem's reaction will probably be entertaining enough.

smallcollegefbfan
October 13th, 2012, 06:43 PM

I don't think you can credit Brock with the NDSU success as much as you can the NDSU OL and their defense.

Brock isn't even a top 5 QB in FCS. There are 2 in the CAA, 2 in Big Sky, and 1 in SLC better than Brock. Not to mention 2 in the MVC better than him.

He's good and should be All-MVC but isn't an elite QB. He had 171 yards and 3 INTs today. The best QB in FCS doesn't throw 3 INTs against Indiana State. Who knows, maybe Jensen read this thread and got a big head this week and let all this hype get to him lol.

smallcollegefbfan
October 13th, 2012, 06:45 PM

Guess that means Perish is the best now.

The best QB in FCS history is Armanti Edwards IMO. I would never put someone in that category until they have 2 NCs, 2 Walter Paytons, and are a 3-time All-American by a recognized media outlet like TSN, AP, AFCA, or Walter Camp as well. And to show how great of an athlete Edwards is he is sticking in the NFL at another position than the one he played in college and won all of these awards from. That's truly amazing and impressive.

BisonBohl
October 13th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Brock is a leader and a winner and his track record proves it. To say he is not a big part of NDSU success is just wrong and absurd.

Had a bad game today no doubt about it, but I aint trading him or wishing I had any other fcs qb anytime soon.

smallcollegefbfan
October 13th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Brock is a leader and a winner and his track record proves it. To say he is not a big part of NDSU success is just wrong and absurd.

Had a bad game today no doubt about it, but I aint trading him or wishing I had any other fcs qb anytime soon.

He certainly has had a lot to do with NDSU's success but I think McNorton, Veldman, Cornick, Williams, and so on and so on are just as much a part of it. He's had a brick wall OL and very good defense. However, he's not a top 5 QB in FCS. I know the homer feelings. Everyone with a QB who is any good at all and ever won them a conference or national title says they would not trade him but Sorensen, Hess, Mathews, and a couple others don't have near the supporting cast of Jensen. Jensen is a good QB but he isn't close to top 5. If he was the best then the NFL scouts and myself would think he is a legit prospect, the media would be crowning him a 1st team All-American, etc. Jensen is good but please don't over rank him because he plays for your team.

And not to mention, you can't always go by the stats as any professional in this industry knows so have you seen at least as many games of all those I mentioned and any other returning all-league QB to know for a fact that you definitely think he is better? If you have, then please compare and contrast them without using wins as the sole comparison and remember football is a team game. You are giving 1 man too much credit for what 25 men (11 off, 11 def, K, P, RS) accomplished. Winning starts up front on the OL and DL. QBs get way too much blame when a team loses and as NDSU fans are showing they can get way too much credit when they win. You could have Armanti Edwards and that would not guarantee you win a NC if you had an average D3 or NAIA team surrounding them, or even the worst team in the Pioneer League.

BisonBohl
October 13th, 2012, 07:09 PM
You make some fine points but Brock was able to something last year that no other qb can say. As a sophmore i remind you.

I guess what im trying to say is I dont care if he isnt viewed as or statisically the best.

What I am saying is he is the right qb for the Bison because he is a leader and a winner.

AppAlum2003
October 13th, 2012, 08:36 PM
You make some fine points but Brock was able to something last year that no other qb can say. As a sophmore i remind you.

I guess what im trying to say is I dont care if he isnt viewed as or statisically the best.

What I am saying is he is the right qb for the Bison because he is a leader and a winner.

What exactly is that one thing?

BisonBohl
October 13th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Was the qb of the fcs national championship team.

AppAlum2003
October 13th, 2012, 10:07 PM

Yeah, one guy gets to be that every single year... I'm still missing your point.

MTfan4life
October 13th, 2012, 10:13 PM

Trent Dilfer was the qb of a Super Bowl winning team. Does that mean he was one of the best nfl quarterbacks?

Screamin_Eagle174
October 13th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Two pick 6's by the best QB in FCS today. xlolx

eaglewraith
October 13th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Guess that means Perish is the best now.

The best QB in FCS history is Armanti Edwards hands down, not even close. I would never put someone in that category until they have 2 NCs, 2 Walter Paytons, and are a 3-time All-American by a recognized media outlet like TSN, AP, AFCA, or Walter Camp as well.

Tracy Ham?

2 rings, but the Walter Payton award didn't exist back then so I don't think you can hold that against him. He blazed the path for guys like Armanti.

LakesBison
October 13th, 2012, 11:43 PM
NDSU O COORD BRENT VIGEN SUCKS NEEEDS TO GO BACK TO 9 MAN ND HS FOOTBALL HE SUCKS

Screamin_Eagle174
October 13th, 2012, 11:44 PM
NDSU O COORD BRENT VIGEN SUCKS NEEEDS TO GO BACK TO 9 MAN ND HS FOOTBALL HE SUCKS

Oh, Vigen threw the pick-6's? Sorry, I didn't know. For a minute there I thought it was Brock Jensen. xcoffeex

BisonBohl
October 13th, 2012, 11:57 PM
Some of you are hilarious..,Brock had a terrible game, no excuses about it.

Never claimed him to be the best overall but he is the right person for NDSU. His leadership is unreal and he is a winner.

The facts are he is 20-2 over the last two seasons...Im gonna take my chances with him.

eaglewraith
October 14th, 2012, 12:01 AM
Some of you are hilarious..,Brock had a terrible game, no excuses about it.

Never claimed him to be the best overall but he is the right person for NDSU. His leadership is unreal and he is a winner.

The facts are he is 20-2 over the last two seasons...Im gonna take my chances with him.

This a reasonable post.

The OP is not reasonable though, that's what prompted a lot of the posts in this thread.

BisonBohl
October 14th, 2012, 12:15 AM
I can agree the title of thread can be questioned.

ODU's qb had a pretty lackluster performance throwing for 230...50% completion rate....and a pick. Bad games happen.

Going in to today Brocks last 19 games: 69% completion rate...3,445 passing yards...23tds to 3ints and a record of 19 - 1.

These might not be the best stats but its winning stats.

UNIFanSince1983
October 14th, 2012, 08:03 AM
I can agree the title of thread can be questioned.

ODU's qb had a pretty lackluster performance throwing for 230...50% completion rate....and a pick. Bad games happen.

Going in to today Brocks last 19 games: 69% completion rate...3,445 passing yards...23tds to 3ints and a record of 19 - 1.

These might not be the best stats but its winning stats.

The original post wasn't stating Brock was a winner or the best for the Bison. The post was saying he was the best QB in the FCS. That is outlandish and after a game like yesterday where he cost his team the win I don't think he can be in that conversation.

I respect that he wins and you wouldn't trade him. Most winning teams wouldn't, but that is not what this conversation was supposed to be about.

McNeese75
October 14th, 2012, 11:03 AM
The original post wasn't stating Brock was a winner or the best for the Bison. The post was saying he was the best QB in the FCS. That is outlandish and after a game like yesterday where he cost his team the win I don't think he can be in that conversation.

I respect that he wins and you wouldn't trade him. Most winning teams wouldn't, but that is not what this conversation was supposed to be about.

This xthumbsupx

smallcollegefbfan
October 14th, 2012, 11:20 AM

Yes he did but again as I said last year he had a lot of seniors and a lot of players who will end up getting a shot in the NFL. He happens to be on a very talented team. Take your roster from last year and in 3 years count how many of them got a shot in the NFL and were All-Americans. You will see that Brock had a lot of really elite FCS talent on his team and you could argue that 10-15 other QBs in FCS could have done just as good as he did.

With that said, no doubt he is a great leader and teammate and I applaud him for that. If you are saying he is one of the best leaders in FCS then I will 100% agree. He just isn't close to the best QB physically or athletically in FCS, or even the MVC.

When the postseason awards come out I expect Matt Brown will be 1st team, then either Hess or Kollmorgen or Jensen 2nd team but I firmly believe Jensen will be #3 in the MVC when the season is over.

HandoEX
October 14th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Yes he did but again as I said last year he had a lot of seniors and a lot of players who will end up getting a shot in the NFL. He happens to be on a very talented team. Take your roster from last year and in 3 years count how many of them got a shot in the NFL and were All-Americans. You will see that Brock had a lot of really elite FCS talent on his team and you could argue that 10-15 other QBs in FCS could have done just as good as he did.

With that said, no doubt he is a great leader and
teammate and I applaud him for that. If you are saying he is one of the best leaders in FCS then I will 100% agree. He just isn't close to the best QB physically or athletically in FCS, or even the MVC.

When the postseason awards come out I expect Matt Brown will be 1st team, then either Hess or Kollmorgen or Jensen 2nd team but I firmly believe Jensen will be #3 in the MVC when the season is over.
Who are all the NFL prospects that have made Brock Jensen look so good and where are all these Offensive All Americans that I've missed? Cornick on offense last season at right tackle. This year's senior class has no athletes close to that level and I'm not sure I see anyone quite there offensively on this Bison team outside of a couple juniors. Look at any position rankings list. You won't see many Bison offensive players on those. Now on defense, there are a number that will definately garner awards and NFL looks.

There won't be a Bison QB to be considered the best in the MVFC with the current coaching staff. The media look at big numbers and Brock doesn't have and never will have those. Why? The Bison offensive plan doesn't open things up. Grind the ball on the ground, don't turn it over, and wear down the opponent. This isn't a place to load up stats and personal awards. If anyone considers big stats the deciding factors to make the case for "best QB", I can certainly understand.

MSUBobcat
October 14th, 2012, 02:54 PM
I was originally going to but you beat me to it. As sad as I am the Bison lost, seeing justintyem's reaction will probably be entertaining enough.

I doubt we'll be getting any comments from justin, not on this topic anyway. He seems very Chattown-esque in that when his outlandish posts are proven wrong by results on the field, he won't come back to eat his healthy helping of crow.

I'm glad I never made any crazy claim about McGhee. Still like him as our QB, but his performance on several plays were head-shakers.

smallcollegefbfan
October 14th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Tracy Ham?

2 rings, but the Walter Payton award didn't exist back then so I don't think you can hold that against him. He blazed the path for guys like Armanti.

He has rings and I would say he would have won one Payton for sure. Don't know if he had won two. I think GSU people are going to say Ham but one other thing AE has on Ham is that Ham was a CFL QB while AE has been in the NFL for a few years now. Ham is right up there.

With that said, I never saw him play in college so I all I have on him are his stats.

smallcollegefbfan
October 14th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Who are all the NFL prospects that have made Brock Jensen look so good and where are all these Offensive All Americans that I've missed? Cornick on offense last season at right tackle. This year's senior class has no athletes close to that level and I'm not sure I see anyone quite there offensively on this Bison team outside of a couple juniors. Look at any position rankings list. You won't see many Bison offensive players on those. Now on defense, there are a number that will definately garner awards and NFL looks.

There won't be a Bison QB to be considered the best in the MVFC with the current coaching staff. The media look at big numbers and Brock doesn't have and never will have those. Why? The Bison offensive plan doesn't open things up. Grind the ball on the ground, don't turn it over, and wear down the opponent. This isn't a place to load up stats and personal awards. If anyone considers big stats the deciding factors to make the case for "best QB", I can certainly understand.

Well, last year you had 3 go to NFL camps (Veldman, Cornick, McNorton). This year you have 2 juniors who will get strong looks next year. Ojuri, Turner, and others are all very good. Joe Lund is a really good one as well. He's having an All-American season. Defense is loaded with talent and has had a lot over the last few years.

You just described what Jensen is. He's a game manager. Coaches usually give top athletes and big arms the play calls to let them make those big plays. NDSU limits what Jensen does likely because he would not be a 300 yard passing and 100 yard rushing type guy. He's a very good player who does what he is suppose to, handing off to his very talented backs, and protect the ball.

I'm not saying Jensen is bad but I think NDSU fans are giving him too much credit for these wins. He deserves a lot of it but even more should go to the great OL you have had and the big time defense. Jensen is definitely a top 15 QB in FCS and maybe top 10 but he's not one of the 5 most talented QBs in FCS.

Go read what others say about your players. If NFL scouts, media, and opposing teams feel your player is the best then he definitely is. When the only people saying it are a few fans and those around the NDSU program that should tell you he isn't the top QB. I'll say he is the most proven winner and team leader in the MVC but if I were picking a team of the most talented and gifted players in the MVC, Jensen would be the 3rd QB. Matt Brown has been the best in the league over the last 3 years and he now finally has a lot of talent around him so they are winning more than in previous years. Watch out for Brown. He's not the best in FCS but he's very underrated.

HandoEX
October 14th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Coaches usually give top athletes and big arms the play calls to let them make those big plays. NDSU limits what Jensen does likely because he would not be a 300 yard passing and 100 yard rushing tcvype guy. He's a very good player who does what he is suppose to, handing off to his very talented backs, and protect the ball.
This is the part I mainly take issue with. NDSU has never had a QB that has put up huge numbers in my lifetime. This isn't because NDSU doesn't or can't get great QB's. It's because the football we play here doesn't call for 300 yards passing, and that offensive mindset has worked out pretty well for the success of the program. Brock could throw for big numbers consistently if that is what was asked of him. He doesn't need to do that to win, but he makes big plays when asked to.

Does Tom Brady have the biggest arm and is he the best athlete? Being a great athlete isn't going to make a great QB.

I think this is a great discussion, and like I said, I understand why Brock doesn't get the hype and attention that other QBs receive. It's been the case with Bison QBs since I can remember.

Bisonoline
October 14th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Well, last year you had 3 go to NFL camps (Veldman, Cornick, McNorton). This year you have 2 juniors who will get strong looks next year. Ojuri, Turner, and others are all very good. Joe Lund is a really good one as well. He's having an All-American season. Defense is loaded with talent and has had a lot over the last few years.

You just described what Jensen is. He's a game manager. Coaches usually give top athletes and big arms the play calls to let them make those big plays. NDSU limits what Jensen does likely because he would not be a 300 yard passing and 100 yard rushing type guy. He's a very good player who does what he is suppose to, handing off to his very talented backs, and protect the ball.

I'm not saying Jensen is bad but I think NDSU fans are giving him too much credit for these wins. He deserves a lot of it but even more should go to the great OL you have had and the big time defense. Jensen is definitely a top 15 QB in FCS and maybe top 10 but he's not one of the 5 most talented QBs in FCS.

Go read what others say about your players. If NFL scouts, media, and opposing teams feel your player is the best then he definitely is. When the only people saying it are a few fans and those around the NDSU program that should tell you he isn't the top QB. I'll say he is the most proven winner and team leader in the MVC but if I were picking a team of the most talented and gifted players in the MVC, Jensen would be the 3rd QB. Matt Brown has been the best in the league over the last 3 years and he now finally has a lot of talent around him so they are winning more than in previous years. Watch out for Brown. He's not the best in FCS but he's very underrated.

Good post

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 14th, 2012, 04:45 PM

Strictly talent wise. No, he is not an elite FCS QB. But he is a very good QB. Game manager, leader and efficient passer within the style of offense we run.

Could he sit in the pocket and sling it up 50+ times and pass for 300+?? Ya, I think he could in another offensive scheme.

With all these teams that run some type of 'spread' system, there is always going to be QBs putting up huge #s.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 14th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Strictly talent wise. No, he is not an elite FCS QB. But he is a very good QB. Game manager, leader and efficient passer within the style of offense we run.

Could he sit in the pocket and sling it up 50+ times and pass for 300+?? Ya, I think he could in another offensive scheme.

With all these teams that run some type of 'spread' system, there is always going to be QBs putting up huge #s.

Yeah, and he'd have like 6 INTs, instead of just 3. xlolx

srgrizizen
October 14th, 2012, 05:03 PM
I will go with Sorensen from SUU. If he had a few more toys to play with...

Don't be surprised if Sorensen is the first FCS QB taken in the NFL draft when he is eligible. He doesn't run much, but the pros don't much care about that. Needless to say, that doesn't necessarily make him the "best" FCS QB. But he may well be the best at putting the ball where he wants to.

eaglewraith
October 14th, 2012, 05:31 PM
He has rings and I would say he would have won one Payton for sure. Don't know if he had won two. I think GSU people are going to say Ham but one other thing AE has on Ham is that Ham was a CFL QB while AE has been in the NFL for a few years now. Ham is right up there.

With that said, I never saw him play in college so I all I have on him are his stats.

Armanti has been in the NFL as a QB this whole time? What's his stats?

I believe Tracy Ham is in the CFL Hall of Fame for what he did up there. Like I said, Tracy blazed a path for players like Armanti. When Tracy came out of college the NFL wanted no part of players like that. Victim of circumstance really.

I'm not diminishing Armanti's accomplishments by any stretch, just don't think it's clear cut that he's the best ever.

msupigskin
October 14th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Depends on what teams are looking for in a QB at college or pro level. If throwing on the move is a desired trait then Murray St's Brockman is among the best in the college ranks. Solid in the pocket and better on the move and at creating with his feet. Yes, his big numbers come from the spread, but his INT vs ATT ratio is excellent and he's completing 70% of his passes - good no matter what style you're playing. He's also big and strong at 6-2/220. Smart and a leader.

LakesBison
October 14th, 2012, 08:37 PM
ITS NOT BROCK JENSEN . sorry,

DoubleH
October 22nd, 2012, 06:01 PM
I obviously haven't seen every FCS QB play, but after watching ODU's Taylor Heinicke on Saturday, I am very comfortable with casting my vote for him. He is 100% legit in every aspect, and the gaudy numbers are no mirage. Still a sophomore too; that is scary.

LEHIGH61
October 22nd, 2012, 06:40 PM
I think McCarney of Colgate looks awesome.

Twentysix
October 22nd, 2012, 06:48 PM
I think McCarney of Colgate looks awesome.

This is not serious is it? The only game of his I followed was against USD, he didn't even manage 100yds.

Bisonoline
October 22nd, 2012, 11:13 PM
This is the part I mainly take issue with. NDSU has never had a QB that has put up huge numbers in my lifetime. This isn't because NDSU doesn't or can't get great QB's. It's because the football we play here doesn't call for 300 yards passing, and that offensive mindset has worked out pretty well for the success of the program. Brock could throw for big numbers consistently if that is what was asked of him. He doesn't need to do that to win, but he makes big plays when asked to.

Does Tom Brady have the biggest arm and is he the best athlete? Being a great athlete isn't going to make a great QB.

I think this is a great discussion, and like I said, I understand why Brock doesn't get the hype and attention that other QBs receive. It's been the case with Bison QBs since I can remember.

Good post also.

clenz
October 22nd, 2012, 11:32 PM
The MVC has a case for 3 to be strongly considered for top 10-15 qbs

Sr. Matt Brown - 169-274 2,011 yards (251ypg) 16 td 8 int (8 games)
Fr. Sawyer Kollmoregen - 121-199 1,715 yards (245 ypg) 14 td 3 int (7 games)
Jr. Brock Jensen 115-173 1,407 yards (201 ypg) 12 td 3 int (7 games)

I realize style of play comes into account there....Brown has thrown 75 more passes than Sawyer and 101 more than Brock. In fact Brock is actually leading the conference in efficiency...by less than 1 point over Sawyer.

It should also be known that Sawyer, as a freshman, has played the toughest schedule of any FCS QB...and put up damn good numbers.

Twentysix
October 22nd, 2012, 11:36 PM
The MVC has a case for 3 to be strongly considered for top 10-15 qbs

Sr. Matt Brown - 169-274 2,011 yards (251ypg) 16 td 8 int (8 games)
Fr. Sawyer Kollmoregen - 121-199 1,715 yards (245 ypg) 14 td 3 int (7 games)
Jr. Brock Jensen 115-173 1,407 yards (201 ypg) 12 td 3 int (7 games)

I realize style of play comes into account there....Brown has thrown 75 more passes than Sawyer and 101 more than Brock. In fact Brock is actually leading the conference in efficiency...by less than 1 point over Sawyer.

It should also be known that Sawyer, as a freshman, has played the toughest schedule of any FCS QB...and put up damn good numbers.

Think UNI will finally catch the unicorn with kollmoregen?

clenz
October 22nd, 2012, 11:39 PM
Think UNI will finally catch the unicorn with kollmoregen?
I don't know.....it's UNI so probably not....

He's good enough to do it. Team is putting up over 30 ppg this year...but the defense is giving up 25. We've lost every time we've scored over 30 in D1 games.

If we can sure the defense up during Sawyer's run I think we get one.

BisonFan02
October 22nd, 2012, 11:59 PM
Anyone still on the Hess bandwagon? I've left this thread alone because there are so many different trains of thought and none of them are necessarily incorrect. Are we talking NFL talent that doesn't necessarily look at "system"/spread QBs (looking at you Tebow)? Winners/leaders? Stats regardless of system? Efficiency? I will say that Jensen has improved drastically since his freshmen year. He had a habit of staring down receivers and it got him in trouble often that 2010 season (like the ISUb game). That being said, Jensen works well for NDSU in their west coast system. He's mobile when he needs to be, and is a threat outside of the pocket (even with turf toe late last season). He has the ability to put the ball where only his receiver can make the play, especially in the short passing game, but can still hit the deep ball when called upon (having Vraa certainly helps...he can't come back soon enough). If I had to describe the typical NDSU QB that is needed for the system, he doesn't have to be a big star on any one given ability, but he better be a complete player and have ability in all facets of the position. His balance in his game is what makes it work.

LEHIGH61
October 23rd, 2012, 03:09 PM
Jensen looks pretty ordinary to me, with a great supporting cast.

Bison06
October 23rd, 2012, 03:13 PM
Jensen looks pretty ordinary to me, with a great supporting cast.

Brock is many things, ordinary is not one of them.

There isn't one QB in the country that would look like a world beater in NDSU's offense. It is a ball control, high efficiency, rarely go down the field offense and he runs it to near perfection.

DFW HOYA
October 23rd, 2012, 03:15 PM
This is not serious is it? The only game of his I followed was against USD, he didn't even manage 100yds.

He had 500 total yards (367 pass, 133 rush) last week.

Over the past three weeks (citation source: Colgate message board):

Rushing
41 carries for 404 yards with 8 touchdowns.
Averaging 14 carries for 135 yards per game.

Passing
49 for 63 for 818 yards. 6 TD’s, 1 INT.
77.8% completion rate.
Averaging 16 for 21, 273 yards per game.

keller625
October 23rd, 2012, 03:18 PM
Heinicke, might not be the best stats wise this year, but look at him as a freshman thrown into the spot last year... and he has done darn good this year considering the family struggles he faced this year. (not even the reason i choose him, but he did go to my highschool a couple years after me and we have mutual friends) sure did give GSU a fight in the playoffs last year as a freshman

MTfan4life
October 23rd, 2012, 03:22 PM
OD is gonna be really lucky if Heinicke doesnt transfer to FBS, he has the talent easily

Most ignorant post of the year? xlolx

danefan
October 23rd, 2012, 03:23 PM
Most ignorant post of the year? xlolx

xlmaox

LehighU11
October 23rd, 2012, 03:24 PM
Answer: Mike Colvin, Lehigh. Same build, skill set, and style as Tebow. He also miraculously wins games for us. If Tebow could win with the Broncos in the playoffs, then surely Colvin must be the best QB in all of FCS xrotatehx

Twentysix
October 23rd, 2012, 03:32 PM
xlmaox

xlmaox

Sign me up!

eaglewraith
October 23rd, 2012, 03:49 PM
OD is gonna be really lucky if Heinicke doesnt transfer to FBS, he has the talent easily

http://cf.chucklesnetwork.agj.co/items/1/0/8/8/3/not-sure-if-serious-or-failing-at-trolling.jpg

keller625
October 23rd, 2012, 04:29 PM
considering what the guys been through, dudes doing real well.

keller625
October 23rd, 2012, 04:32 PM
MT fan, i didnt say go FBS to a great school and be Heisman, just saying, could probably do better than old dominion

Twentysix
October 23rd, 2012, 04:34 PM
MT fan, i didnt say go FBS to a great school and be Heisman, just saying, could probably do better than old dominion

He would be a Jr when he can next step on the field if he transfered this season.

keller625
October 23rd, 2012, 04:41 PM
oh thats true, he would have to sit out a season huh, forgot about that. lol nevermind, OD will be keeping him

eaglewraith
October 23rd, 2012, 04:51 PM
oh thats true, he would have to sit out a season huh, forgot about that. lol nevermind, OD will be keeping him

Also, ODU will start transitioning to FBS next year.

They won't quite make it in time for his senior year, but it'll be close.

MTfan4life
October 23rd, 2012, 05:18 PM

What you said was ODU will be "lucky if Heinicke doesnt transfer to FBS."

What you must not have realized is that all of Old Dominion's football program will start transferring to the FBS next season. That's why I labeled your post as such. Simple as that.

keller625
October 23rd, 2012, 05:23 PM
fair enough.

keller625
October 23rd, 2012, 05:30 PM
that was just a side note i was thinking but didnt do my research. my main point being, i think Heinicke is an excellent QB

justintyem
October 23rd, 2012, 10:36 PM
Jensen looks pretty ordinary to me, with a great supporting cast.Watch all 2012 game Highlights......... Ya he throw 2 Pick 6's. I think it was more of a Huge play by the ISU DB,then Brock playing very poor. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlmjyZpry8Y&feature=g-user-u

Bisonoline
October 23rd, 2012, 10:41 PM
Watch all 2012 game Highlights......... Ya he throw 2 Pick 6's. I think it was more of a Huge play by the ISU DB,then Brock playing very poor. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlmjyZpry8Y&feature=g-user-u

He had a bad game period.

justintyem
October 23rd, 2012, 10:43 PM
And another point,How many games has Brock Played all 4qtrs of a game???? 2 games, ColoradaState and ........... IndianaState.

justintyem
October 23rd, 2012, 10:44 PM
He had a bad game period.Not just him,but the whole offensive team was not in tune. And we will be able to watch ODU and their Qb this saturday on Tv......... NBC Sports 11:00 CDT.

Bisonoline
October 23rd, 2012, 10:44 PM
And another point,How many games has Brock Played all 4qtrs of a game???? 2 games, ColoradaState and ........... IndianaState.

Whats the point?

Bisonoline
October 23rd, 2012, 10:52 PM
Not just him,but the whole offensive team was not in tune.

That was obvious. But the rest of the offense didnt throw the ball. Fact is the QB is the general . He controls the ball. All eyes are on him. If the QB gets the praise for his play during wins then its reasonable that during a loss that criticism is warranted when the QB hands the opposing team 14 points.

justintyem
October 23rd, 2012, 11:02 PM
That was obvious. But the rest of the offense didnt throw the ball. Fact is the QB is the general . He controls the ball. All eyes are on him. If the QB gets the praise for his play during wins then its reasonable that during a loss that criticism is warranted when the QB hands the opposing team 14 points.The 1st Pick(:48 on the video) was Vraa wasnt looking for the ball,and He should have been looking,He was the first read and Great Qbs throw the ball right before the break. Then 2nd pick(1:17) was tipped,Not his fault Ryan should have caught it........ And the 3rd(2:33) one If im not mistaken it was a "GREAT" play the ISU kid made.

344Johnson
October 23rd, 2012, 11:08 PM
The 1st Pick(:48 on the video) was Vraa wasnt looking for the ball,and He should have been looking,He was the first read and Great Qbs throw the ball right before the break. Then 2nd pick(1:17) was tipped,Not his fault Ryan should have caught it........ And the 3rd(2:33) one If im not mistaken it was a "GREAT" play the ISU kid made.

Sorry justin but he just didn't make good decisions. It happens. i know you are Jensen fan #1 and I love him as our QB but he had a bad game and gets a lot of the blame for it. Even if Vraa screwed up, he has saved Brock's behind a few times this year by making some excellent catches.

justintyem
October 23rd, 2012, 11:11 PM
Sorry justin but he just didn't make good decisions. It happens. i know you are Jensen fan #1 and I love him as our QB but he had a bad game and gets a lot of the blame for it. Even if Vraa screwed up, he has saved Brock's behind a few times this year by making some excellent catches.Ur right,Its all on the whole team,not just Brocks fault is what Im trying to say. Im just sayin', No matter what Im wrong,ohwell. We play SIU and the 3-4 Defense on saturday and GO BISON !!!!!

Bisonoline
October 23rd, 2012, 11:15 PM
The 1st Pick(:48 on the video) was Vraa wasnt looking for the ball,and He should have been looking,He was the first read and Great Qbs throw the ball right before the break. Then 2nd pick(1:17) was tipped,Not his fault Ryan should have caught it........ And the 3rd(2:33) one If im not mistaken it was a "GREAT" play the ISU kid made.

1st pick is over thrown. Second pick is under thrown. If the ball is thrown correctly its not tipped and not intercepted. We know you have this huge man crush on Jensen. Its doesnt serve you well at all. Try being objective.

Bisonoline
October 23rd, 2012, 11:17 PM
Sorry justin but he just didn't make good decisions. It happens. i know you are Jensen fan #1 and I love him as our QB but he had a bad game and gets a lot of the blame for it. Even if Vraa screwed up, he has saved Brock's behind a few times this year by making some excellent catches.

Brocks numbers wouldnt be what they are if it werent for some amazing catches by his receivers so I have to agree with you in that regard.

justintyem
October 23rd, 2012, 11:21 PM
1st pick is over thrown. Second pick is under thrown. If the ball is thrown correctly its not tipped and not intercepted. We know you have this huge man crush on Jensen. Its doesnt serve you well at all. Try being objective.So why did the Offense play so well against the Yotes??? In my opinion it was one of Brocks "Best" game ever. Not because the OLine gave him time,cause he got sacked 3 times and knocked down 5 times and the running game was not even there. And 3 drops should have been caught,and Walker even said on a couple plays the the Wr's stopped on the routes. So is it the Defense Won the game????

sgt smash
October 23rd, 2012, 11:21 PM
Jensen had a bad game. Simple as that. Still a solid QB. The next few weeks he will have to prove it. Heinecke gets my nod on stats alone. I havent seen him play. I cant wait until next year when he transfers to Alabama and ruins AJ McCarron's senior year by beating him out for the starting job.

justintyem
October 23rd, 2012, 11:24 PM
Brocks numbers wouldnt be what they are if it werent for some amazing catches by his receivers so I have to agree with you in that regard.In 2 years you will can look back and tell me Im wrong again,when I can show that I was right!!!!

Bisonoline
October 23rd, 2012, 11:30 PM
So why did the Offense play so well against the Yotes??? In my opinion it was one of Brocks "Best" game ever. Not because the OLine gave him time,cause he got sacked 3 times and knocked down 5 times and the running game was not even there. And 3 drops should have been caught,and Walker even said on a couple plays the the Wr's stopped on the routes. So is it the Defense Won the game????

So you are saying Brock won the game?

Bisonoline
October 23rd, 2012, 11:35 PM
In 2 years you will can look back and tell me Im wrong again,when I can show that I was right!!!!

In two years Brock will be gone and so will you. He will be your golden boy no matter how he plays. I like Brock. But you have to know what he is and what he isnt. Fact is you dont have the capacity or knowledge to be objective.

justintyem
October 23rd, 2012, 11:39 PM
So you are saying Brock won the game?
In two years Brock will be gone and so will you. He will be your golden boy no matter how he plays. I like Brock. But you have to know what he is and what he isnt. Fact is you dont have the capacity or knowledge to be objective.My point is,Brock is better then you think............... Thank You Very Much !!!!!!

Bisonoline
October 24th, 2012, 12:08 AM
My point is,Brock is better then you think............... Thank You Very Much !!!!!!

You dont know how good I think Brock is. I just dont slobber over everything he does.

lucchesicourt
October 24th, 2012, 01:33 AM
First off, how good a player is also depends on the players around them. Sac State had a QB in camp years ago named Ken O'Brien. The coach told him he wouldn't be too good a player a Sac State because you can't throw when you are on your back. So, he transferred to UCD, and the rest is history.
So, the answer is it is hard to judge how good a QB is based on wins alone. Marino would put 40 points on the board and the team would lose. This is because the defense sucked- NOT Marino. People give Bradshaw too much credit as being a great QB. He was good, but his defense won more games than Bradshaw did with his arm. And, people forget he had a little luck to win too- the immaculate reception. So, it makes it difficult to judge a QB based on his stats and wins. There are other intrinisic characteristics that make a QB great. Joe Namath's stats aren't all that great, but he was wa winner. And, if he had been healthy, his numbers would have been better, IMO.
So, if I was going to pick the skill set I'd want in a QB is accuracy, quick reads, quick release, and feel in the pocket. If the receivers do not catch his passes how can you blame the QB for the incompletions and sometimes the interceptions. A QB may get credit for interceptions on passes a receiver had bounce out of his hands, but the QB gets the poor stat-NOT the reciever.
or a receiver could run the wrong route or fall down during the route, etc.
Stats do not always tell the story. Completion percentage depends on the receivers, the O-line, etc. as much as the QB.

clenz
October 24th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Did someone let lakes get a new name?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

slostang
October 24th, 2012, 10:15 AM
He does not have the stats because he runs the triple option, but Andre Broadous is a winner and Cal Poly could not ask for a better QB to run THEIR offense.

pike51
October 24th, 2012, 10:23 AM
I always thought it was www.qbforce.com

:)

I-AA Fan
October 24th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Here are my favorite QB's ...in order. If YSU turns around, I expect Hess to move up. If not ...the order should stay just like it is. I know that you can argue YSU is playing like crap, but their OC/QB-coach already has had 2 QBs go to the NFL ...so it is no coincidence that Hess plays exactly like "Big Ben", and the Steelers regularly scout him. There is a valid point that Harvard does not play at the level of ODU, but there is parity in both conferences. I am talking strictly skills. With that in mind ...Chapple is the most complete package IMHO. I really like Brockman!! Vailas at UNH and Brown at ILS (ISU-red) are the most underrated QB's ...by far. I expect Vailas top be the nation's top QB in two years (or less) ..Brown simply gets the job done.

1. Colton Chapple, Harvard
2. Taylor Heinicke, Old Dominion
3. Casey Brockman, Murray St.
4. Brady Attaway, Stephen F. Austin
5. Kurt Hess, Youngstown St.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 24th, 2012, 02:09 PM
SDSU's Austin Sumner...

... is NOT in this discussion.

344Johnson
October 24th, 2012, 02:28 PM
So why did the Offense play so well against the Yotes??? In my opinion it was one of Brocks "Best" game ever. Not because the OLine gave him time,cause he got sacked 3 times and knocked down 5 times and the running game was not even there. And 3 drops should have been caught,and Walker even said on a couple plays the the Wr's stopped on the routes. So is it the Defense Won the game????

defense did win the game. as usual.

UNDColorado
October 24th, 2012, 03:06 PM
I would say Braden Hanson (now that he is healthy) and his 660 yards against Montana but the real test is this weekend against MSU so we will see...

TheRevSFA
October 24th, 2012, 03:28 PM
NDSU was the best team, no question of that..but was Brock the Payton award winner? No..that went to Bo Levi Mitchell.

Will he get it this year? Maybe..but I think either Cordell Roberson or Heinecke gets it

darell1976
October 24th, 2012, 03:41 PM
I would say Braden Hanson (now that he is healthy) and his 660 yards against Montana but the real test is this weekend against MSU so we will see...

Hanson's stats:

90-126 1222 yds 10 TD 4 INT in 4 games.

GSUhooligan
October 24th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Saw both Brock and Heinicke in person last year and Heinicke wins going away. Brock is on the better team though.

justintyem
October 27th, 2012, 12:55 PM
After the review of todays First half of the Delaware@ODU game,It is confirmed that Taylor Heinicke is "REALLY GOOD",But I still like Brock Jensen more,LoL. Is that better peeps,LoL

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 21st, 2013, 04:24 PM
Im taking Vernon Adams,that kid just shows huge talent!!!!!

If you go by stats then you cannot go wrong with Vernon Adams or Jimmy Garoppolo.

But if you take intangibles like gusts, heart, desire to win and leadership then Brock is the best in the FCS.

Brock's stats are nothing like the other 2 but he is a winner and I wouldn't trade him for anyone else.

McNeese72
November 21st, 2013, 04:32 PM
The best one I've seen in the Southland Conference this year was SLU's Bryan Bennett. I think Attaway's numbers are inflated because of SFA's system and Bennett is the better all around QB.

Just my opinion,
Doc

maine612
November 21st, 2013, 04:41 PM
We've got one more week and a bunch of great playoff games to figure this one out. Big games on big stages will show who is tops.

It's great how much people love their own QB...that's what its all about. I wouldn't trade Wash either.

Darlinikki150
November 21st, 2013, 04:45 PM
If you go by stats then you cannot go wrong with Vernon Adams or Jimmy Garoppolo.

But if you take intangibles like gusts, heart, desire to win and leadership then Brock is the best in the FCS.

Brock's stats are nothing like the other 2 but he is a winner and I wouldn't trade him for anyone else.

This with out the sappy wouldn't trade him talk. Brick fits well with offensive scheme we run, and the kid wants to win no matter what. He doesn't seem to need the personal accolades that other players need. But he isn't the best, Garoppolo should win hands down. He's def earned it, stellar year.

Sam_Kats
November 21st, 2013, 04:51 PM
I guess there's an argument for both, given NDSU's level of success with Jensen. Although Trent Dilfer won a title with a salty defense as well. I'd give the nod to Adams - he's very "Manziel-like" (having seen BOTH play in person).

bjtheflamesfan
November 21st, 2013, 05:04 PM
Id certainly agree with Jensen or Garoppalo as the best QB. Now the question of who is the most NFL-ready QB in the FCS is another thread altogether

Grizo406
November 21st, 2013, 05:45 PM
I'm thinkin' the Griz would feel a bit more comfortable if Jensen, Garoppalo, or VA were backin' up Jordan Johnson.

SeattleGriz
November 21st, 2013, 05:58 PM
This with out the sappy wouldn't trade him talk. Brick fits well with offensive scheme we run, and the kid wants to win no matter what. He doesn't seem to need the personal accolades that other players need. But he isn't the best, Garoppolo should win hands down. He's def earned it, stellar year.

Exactly, Brock is a great game manager and a good QB.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

centennial
November 21st, 2013, 06:12 PM
1. Garoppolo
2. Jensen
3. Adams
4. Hess

dudeitsaid
November 21st, 2013, 06:19 PM
1. Garoppolo
2. Jensen
3. Adams
4. Hess

Who was/is the best QB as a sophomore? Adams is in the discussion for the best in the FCS, and he's just a sophomore. Even if he's not number one yet, he's got a great shot if he continues to improve.

citdog
November 21st, 2013, 06:20 PM
Depends on what you ask your QB to do. For an option team this is pretty damn good.

Cit

Cit

Sam_Kats
November 21st, 2013, 06:21 PM
How about the best So QB that plays on a red field??

FargoBison
November 21st, 2013, 06:22 PM
1. Garoppolo
2. Adams
3. Robertson
4. Jenson
5. Bennett

Texas
November 21st, 2013, 06:28 PM
How about the best So QB that plays on a red field??

Didn't narrow it down enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Red & Black
November 21st, 2013, 06:31 PM

So just because a player puts up big stats, that means he doesn't have guts, heart, or a desire to win? xeyebrowx

Darlinikki150
November 21st, 2013, 06:37 PM
So just because a player puts up big stats, that means he doesn't have guts, heart, or a desire to win? xeyebrowx

Oh Red don't pick fights. All players have heart, wanna win etc. But Brock is the only quarterback out of the group with the chance to break a record and be the winningest QB in FCS history. You have to be special to achieve that, and perhaps w Brick it is the intangibles that have gotten him there and not just stats.

Doesn't make him the best, but it does put him in a field by himself.

Red & Black
November 21st, 2013, 06:42 PM

I agree that the EIU QB will probably win it just because he's a Senior. But hands-down...huh? Adams has one less passing TD, but has higher efficiency and almost 500 yards rushing. The only area that Garoppolo is really leading is passing yards, and it's not really by that much. Adams has put up those numbers playing against stiffer competition, and has a win over an FBS top 25 where he was basically unstoppable. I'd say it's definitely anything but a "hands-down" decision.

citdog
November 21st, 2013, 06:43 PM
perhaps w Brick .

http://media.screened.com/uploads/0/3423/516823-screenshot_lrg_31.png

Darlinikki150
November 21st, 2013, 06:45 PM
I agree that the EIU QB will probably win it just because he's a Senior. But hands-down...huh? Adams has one less passing TD, but has higher efficiency and almost 500 yards rushing. The only area that Garoppolo is really leading is passing yards, and it's not really by that much. Adams has put up those numbers playing against stiffer competition, and a win over an FBS top 25 where he was basically unstoppable. I'd say it's definitely anything but a "hands-down" decision.

Its hands down for me how's that. But since I don't get to pick it could be anyone Red. Just my chick opinion which lately has been battered by you mean men on here. Im lucky a couple guys are nice to me, otherwise I would prob be crying all time cuz my opinion doesn't mean anything... lol

Darlinikki150
November 21st, 2013, 06:46 PM
http://media.screened.com/uploads/0/3423/516823-screenshot_lrg_31.png

Oh you know I don't spell check jeez.

Red & Black
November 21st, 2013, 06:50 PM
Its hands down for me how's that. But since I don't get to pick it could be anyone Red. Just my chick opinion which lately has been battered by you mean men on here. Im lucky a couple guys are nice to me, otherwise I would prob be crying all time cuz my opinion doesn't mean anything... lol

Hey, I'm not saying your opinion means nothing. I am just curious why you think it's a "hands-down" thing?

justintyem
November 21st, 2013, 06:55 PM
Go Bison,BisoNation!!!!!

Sam_Kats
November 21st, 2013, 07:02 PM
Pretty sure the Bison would have same 2 titles with about 7 other QB's in FCS. Just might have won by a larger margin.

Darlinikki150
November 21st, 2013, 07:04 PM
http://m.si.com/3585550/from-fcs-to-the-nfl-the-path-of-eastern-illinois-jimmy-garoppolo/

This has somn to do with it. I just think he's a stronger player Red. All the other contenders are great players, but to me he's better. If he doesn't win I will eat crow, but if he does I will never let you forget it! Jk lol

NoDak 4 Ever
November 21st, 2013, 07:15 PM
Pretty sure the Bison would have same 2 titles with about 7 other QB's in FCS. Just might have won by a larger margin.

Nick Mertens and Jose Mohler would prove otherwise.

Sam_Kats
November 21st, 2013, 07:18 PM
Don't know who those guys are but I'm assuming QB's of the past....point being the defense of the last couple of years would have won titles with about 8 QB's under the helm for NDSU.

In other words, no, Jensen isn't the best.

FargoBison
November 21st, 2013, 07:20 PM
Nick Mertens and Jose Mohler would prove otherwise.

Not top 7 QB's....not even top 50 or 75.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 21st, 2013, 07:23 PM
Not top 7 QB's....not even top 50 or 75.

Forget his point. I'm talking about those guys being the bridge between Steve Walker and Brock Jensen. This team has always thrived with a good quarterback and floundered without one.

Then again, who hasn't?

FargoBison
November 21st, 2013, 07:28 PM
Forget his point. I'm talking about those guys being the bridge between Steve Walker and Brock Jensen. This team has always thrived with a good quarterback and floundered without one.

Then again, who hasn't?

It is rare to win a title with an average QB, I will agree with that. And that 2008 team had a lot of talent.

Fordham
November 21st, 2013, 07:32 PM
With Michael Nebrich no one had a problem with us as a top 5 team. Without him, most are questioning whether or not we should be in the playoffs.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 21st, 2013, 07:32 PM
It is rare to win a title with an average QB, I will agree with that. And that 2008 team had a lot of talent.

Exactly, NDSU came into FCS strong, then in 08-09 on the back of 2 VERY average QB's, laid a major turd. Once Brock came in, they came back. I see a lot of good things in Carson Wentz but those years will probably always make me nervous for someone new.

Southern Bison
November 21st, 2013, 09:47 PM
How about the best So QB that plays on a used tampon??

FIFY

Herder
November 22nd, 2013, 04:32 AM
If Sam Houston had Jensen and NDSU had Bell, Sammy would be a champion, and NDSU, we'd know a lot more about our backup Wentz.

TigerFen
November 22nd, 2013, 06:04 AM
I think Jimmy Girappolo is the best quarterback for the pro level. He seems to have great arm strength like Joe Flacco did for the Blue Hens. If I had to win one game, I would go with Brock Jensen. He has things that no quarterback has. He probably won't get drafted by an NFL team, which is ashame. He has better intangibles and minimizes mistakes the best of any FCS quarterback.

Sam_Kats
November 22nd, 2013, 08:10 AM
If Sam Houston had Jensen and NDSU had Bell, Sammy would be a champion, and NDSU, we'd know a lot more about our backup Wentz.

I disagree 100%

AmsterBison
November 22nd, 2013, 08:21 AM
I disagree 100%

Yeah, seems like Bell works very well in the SHSU offense. Jensen is a great fit for NDSU's offense but he's not a spread QB.

Red & Black
November 22nd, 2013, 08:36 AM
http://m.si.com/3585550/from-fcs-to-the-nfl-the-path-of-eastern-illinois-jimmy-garoppolo/

This has somn to do with it. I just think he's a stronger player Red. All the other contenders are great players, but to me he's better. If he doesn't win I will eat crow, but if he does I will never let you forget it! Jk lol

Fair enough, and that was a pretty good article. I still think I'll make you an Adams believer yet. xnodx

http://extramustard.si.com/2013/09/04/breakout-performer-qb-vernon-adams-has-big-plans-for-little-eastern-washington-u/
http://bigplayva.tumblr.com/post/60769689671/adams-featured-in-sept-9-issue-of-sports
http://25.media.tumblr.com/7099776743d5dd9a004b11c1633384a8/tumblr_mwgxb27xJy1she1v4o1_1280.jpg

laxVik
November 22nd, 2013, 09:04 AM
Fair enough, and that was a pretty good article. I still think I'll make you an Adams believer yet. xnodx

http://extramustard.si.com/2013/09/04/breakout-performer-qb-vernon-adams-has-big-plans-for-little-eastern-washington-u/
http://bigplayva.tumblr.com/post/60769689671/adams-featured-in-sept-9-issue-of-sports
http://25.media.tumblr.com/7099776743d5dd9a004b11c1633384a8/tumblr_mwgxb27xJy1she1v4o1_1280.jpg
No Marcus Mariotta on that list? Danny don't know jack!

veinup
November 22nd, 2013, 10:58 AM
vernon adams.

smallcollegefbfan
November 22nd, 2013, 11:25 AM
I think it's a tough call this year but if you are putting a list of the best QBs in FCS together I think there are a clear cut 10 names to mention based on either their skill set and/or the season they have had.

Vernon Adams, EWU
Jimmy Garoppolo, EIU
Jeff Mathews, Cornell
Brock Jensen, NDSU
John Robertson, Villanova
Quinn Epperly, Princeton
Andy Summerlin, Samford
DeNarius McGhee, Montana State
Michael Nebrich, Fordham
Bryan Bennett, SLU

Please note that this list is not in order.

Grizalltheway
November 22nd, 2013, 11:57 AM
I think it's a tough call this year but if you are putting a list of the best QBs in FCS together I think there are a clear cut 10 names to mention based on either their skill set and/or the season they have had.

DeNarius McGhee, Montana State

Please note that this list is not in order.

Yeah, how about no.

smallcollegefbfan
November 22nd, 2013, 12:02 PM
Yeah, how about no.

Jordan Johnson is close and I almost put him on. His off field and the fact he hasn't had the overall career is why I did not put him there. McGhee has been Big Sky MVP twice and Johnson has not so I went with him. McGhee is not an elite QB and I would not put him in my top 5 or 6 but I don't see how you can leave a two-time Big Sky MVP off a list of the top 10 when his team has been a playoff team consistently under him.

I factored in overall career and skill set in this. If you are just talking about this year only then McGhee would not be in the top 15 and Johnson would be top 10.

blueballs
November 22nd, 2013, 12:05 PM
No Marcus Mariotta on that list? Danny don't know jack!

Interesting...

I'd take Blake Bortles over Carr, Carden, Lynch, Mauk, or Adams at the very least.

It is hard to tell exactly how good McCarron, Petty, Winston, or Miller are because nobody ever lays a hand on them.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 22nd, 2013, 12:09 PM
Oh Red don't pick fights. All players have heart, wanna win etc. But Brock is the only quarterback out of the group with the chance to break a record and be the winningest QB in FCS history. You have to be special to achieve that, and perhaps w Brick it is the intangibles that have gotten him there and not just stats.

Doesn't make him the best, but it does put him in a field by himself.

I had no idea that Brock was NDSU's entire team! Holy prairie cow batman!

xlolx xcoffeex

Grizalltheway
November 22nd, 2013, 12:13 PM
Jordan Johnson is close and I almost put him on. His off field and the fact he hasn't had the overall career is why I did not put him there. McGhee has been Big Sky MVP twice and Johnson has not so I went with him. McGhee is not an elite QB and I would not put him in my top 5 or 6 but I don't see how you can leave a two-time Big Sky MVP off a list of the top 10 when his team has been a playoff team consistently under him.

I factored in overall career and skill set in this. If you are just talking about this year only then McGhee would not be in the top 15 and Johnson would be top 10.

Fair enough. I assumed you were basing it entirely their performances this season.

Also not sure why a false accusation that made his life a living hell should have any bearing on the quality of his career.
xpeacex

Red & Black
November 22nd, 2013, 12:22 PM
Here's some good highlights of Adams.

Adams orchestrates a near perfect game on offense in an upset of #25 Oregon State. Eastern scores on every possession in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rszXQA_GCLo

Last year against Sam Houston in the semi-finals. After being down 35-0 at half, Adams comes in to replace Kyle Padron in the second half and throws 6 TDs. Heart? Determination to win? Yeah, I think so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59uRtJrEFQA

Red & Black
November 22nd, 2013, 12:22 PM
And a couple of other videos with some nice VA highlights.

This year against Montana State. 16/18 passing for 300 yards and 4 TD's (plus one on the ground), to lead Eastern in a 54-29 rout of Montana State.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwiUog3STew&feature=c4-overview&list=UUDkg-w_OaGdhTSEHPurFi0w

Adams leads Eastern past Montana @ Washington-Grizzly Stadium in a career day (6 TDs, 457 yards).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJJ3z2akf90&list=UUDkg-w_OaGdhTSEHPurFi0w

kalm
November 22nd, 2013, 12:44 PM
That's what so impressive about VA. It's not the video game numbers, it's the video game numbers against the likes of SHSU, Oregon State, Montana, and Montana State.

Darlinikki150
November 22nd, 2013, 01:18 PM
I had no idea that Brock was NDSU's entire team! Holy prairie cow batman!

xlolx xcoffeex

Do you wake up and think, hey I'm gonna be just a pain in everyones ass today? You absolutely know I'm not saying Brock is the only reason the Bison win games. Quit being obtuse Eagle.

WWII
November 22nd, 2013, 01:27 PM
Heinicke

Darlinikki150
November 22nd, 2013, 01:33 PM
And a couple of other videos with some nice CA highlights.

This year against Montana State. 16/18 passing for 300 yards and 4 TD's (plus one on the ground), to lead Eastern in a 54-29 rout of Montana State.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwiUog3STew&feature=c4-overview&list=UUDkg-w_OaGdhTSEHPurFi0w

Adams leads Eastern past Montana @ Washington-Grizzly Stadium in a career day (6 TDs, 457 yards).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJJ3z2akf90&list=UUDkg-w_OaGdhTSEHPurFi0w

He's impressive Red, but do you guys run the ball ever? Lol. Back on track, I don't dispute Adams is a top tier Qb, he most certainly is but Jimmy is my guy. I'm a chick, its real hard to change my mind.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 22nd, 2013, 01:47 PM
Adams is the best I've seen this year. His deep ball is a thing of beauty....

Grizzlies82
November 22nd, 2013, 02:05 PM
Adams is the best I've seen this year. His deep ball is a thing of beauty....

I'm not going to say he is the best but I fully agree best I've seen this year.
Not only is "his deep ball a thing of beauty", the little bugger has often made those throws on the run, or while being dragged down.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 22nd, 2013, 02:16 PM
Do you wake up and think, hey I'm gonna be just a pain in everyones ass today? You absolutely know I'm not saying Brock is the only reason the Bison win games. Quit being obtuse Eagle.

No, but the reasoning you used would also qualify every starter on the bison team as one of the best ever at their positions because of the number of wins they have. To say that Brock has the most/best intangibles of any FCS QB simply based on number of wins, is obtuse.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 22nd, 2013, 02:17 PM
He's impressive Red, but do you guys run the ball ever? Lol. Back on track, I don't dispute Adams is a top tier Qb, he most certainly is but Jimmy is my guy. I'm a chick, its real hard to change my mind.

Our run/pass ratio this year is really close to 50/50.

Bronco
November 22nd, 2013, 02:21 PM
-
A lot of Hunka hunka Vernon love on this thread

and should be...but
(http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/elvis-get-down.gif)

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/elvis-get-down.gif

I'd go with Brock

Darlinikki150
November 22nd, 2013, 02:59 PM
[QUOTE=Screamin_Eagle174;2055264]Our run/pass ratio this year is really close to 50/50.[/QUOTE/

You are annoying, I was poking sum fun at Red.

Red & Black
November 22nd, 2013, 03:21 PM
He's impressive Red, but do you guys run the ball ever?

Absolutely - we've run 384 times for 1,990 yards with one game remaining. For not being a run-first team, that ain't too shabby.

A lot of people think EWU's offense is comparable to the "Run & Shoot", or the "Air Raid", but that's not the case at all. Baldwin's offense is based on Dennis Erickson's 1-Back spread offense, which was designed to spread the field horizontally and attack vertically to open up a better match-up for his RB. xtwocentsx

This year we have 4-5 very capable backs, and all but one of them has been the starter at one point or another, so we like to run the ball as much as possible.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 23rd, 2013, 12:23 AM
[QUOTE=Screamin_Eagle174;2055264]Our run/pass ratio this year is really close to 50/50.[/QUOTE/

You are annoying, I was poking sum fun at Red.

You are thin skinned, I was trying to provide you with facts. But if you'd rather I go back to poking fun, I can accommodate you; bizon are big targets. ;-)

ming01
November 23rd, 2013, 01:13 AM
best fcs qb is the EIU qb. Best FBS independent QB is Heinicke :D

Gil Dobie
November 23rd, 2013, 09:47 AM
best fcs qb is the EIU qb. Best FBS independent QB is Heinicke :D

I'll agree with Ming01 on the EIU QB.

Red & Black
November 23rd, 2013, 10:28 AM
I'll agree with Ming01 on the EIU QB.

Mid-west Bias. xthumbsupx

tomq04
November 23rd, 2013, 01:27 PM
Mid-west Bias. xthumbsupx

nailed it!

;)

R.A.
November 23rd, 2013, 08:39 PM
Look out for Howard University's Greg McGhee. He will probably win the MEAC's Offensive Player of the Year Award this season. He's a Junior this year