PDA

View Full Version : Georgia State buys fans. Literally!

Lehigh Football Nation
October 5th, 2012, 12:10 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/andy_staples/10/05/ohio-state-urban-meyer-walkthrough/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t12_a0

How does an athletic department convince students at a commuter school to come watch an 0-5 team play New Hampshire? Straight cash, homey. Georgia State students will be brought on to the field, where $10,000 in cash will be dropped from the rafters. I was curious as to whether Georgia State basketball post players, who would have an obvious cash-grabbing advantage because of their height, wingspan and leaping ability, could participate given the NCAA's rules against extra benefits. So I asked John Infante, a former athletic department compliance officer and the author of the essential Bylaw Blog, for an interpretation. Infante wrote that since the cash drop is open to any student, then it would not qualify as an extra benefit for a Georgia State athlete. To all those grabbing for the cash, good luck in the scrum.

Oh yeah. This will turn out well.

EDIT: Could the title be changed to "Georgia State buys fans. Literally!"

darell1976
October 5th, 2012, 12:13 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/andy_staples/10/05/ohio-state-urban-meyer-walkthrough/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t12_a0

Oh yeah. This will turn out well.

EDIT: Could the title be changed to "Georgia State buys fans. Literally!"

Why do I see fist fights and ambulances being called for this.

3rd Coast Tiger
October 5th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Wow!

Bill
October 5th, 2012, 12:15 PM
This type of promotion has been done before, but usually at a minor-league baseball type setting. And yes, there have been instances of this ending very, very badly. I'm surprised at this....

Mattymc727
October 5th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Can the UNH players go out there with their pads on? They could put the money to funding a new UNH football Stadium, courtesy of Georgia State....

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2012, 12:18 PM
What a disgrace!

Lehigh Football Nation
October 5th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Can the UNH players go out there with their pads on? They could put the money to funding a new UNH football Stadium, courtesy of Georgia State....

Reps!

Gringer1
October 5th, 2012, 12:22 PM
http://gifs.gifbin.com/032012/1332783608_sarkozy_laugh.gif

UNH Fanboi
October 5th, 2012, 12:23 PM
I can't believe this is real. I just hope the game isn't cancelled after someone gets killed in the scrum. This is could end up in the hall of fame of idiotic promotions up there with 10c beer night and disco demolition night.

WH49er
October 5th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Does Andre Rison still live in Atlanta? If so, I smell an appearance....

crusader11
October 5th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Someone needs to catch this on film.

darell1976
October 5th, 2012, 12:26 PM
I can't believe this is real. I just hope the game isn't cancelled after someone gets killed in the scrum. This is could end up in the hall of fame of idiotic promotions up there with 10c beer night and disco demolition night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dh2g0TUKgc

Tuscon
October 5th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Why do I see fist fights and ambulances being called for this.

Incentive for the non-students?

crusader11
October 5th, 2012, 12:33 PM
I'd seriously like to know who in the Georgia State athletic department signed off on this one.

Tuscon
October 5th, 2012, 12:36 PM
I know we've done something similar, albeit on a much smaller scale, at at least one basketball game. It was a penny pickup thing though.

crusader11
October 5th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Maybe a stupid question here, but does anyone know what the breakdown of the money dropped will be? All $1 bills? I couldn't imagine what would happen if some $50s and $100s were sprinkled in.

I-16Bandit
October 5th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Maybe a stupid question here, but does anyone know what the breakdown of the money dropped will be? All $1 bills? I couldn't imagine what would happen if some $50s and $100s were sprinkled in.

Quarters. Makes things that much more interesting. Last one standing wins!

AmsterBison
October 5th, 2012, 12:44 PM

With that in mind, they are dropping rolls of nickels for safety reasons.

HailSzczur
October 5th, 2012, 12:45 PM
They should have done a quarter drop instead. I would have loved to see the video of thousands of pieces of metal falling from the sky

mountaineer in Cane Land
October 5th, 2012, 12:47 PM
the sunbelt must be so proud

Gringer1
October 5th, 2012, 12:47 PM
5,000 hobos in Atlanta are now making plans to jump anyone coming out of the dome with a smile. Since a G-State win is seemingly impossible, any happy students must be loaded with newly caught money.

andy7171
October 5th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Pacman Jones is planning on going!

Bill
October 5th, 2012, 12:48 PM
There's probably better sources out there, but here is an example of a $1000 drop going wrong....can't wait to see what happens with 10K!

http://www.cracked.com/article_17479_5-corporate-promotions-that-ended-in-predictable-disaster_p2.html

Apphole
October 5th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Wow. Just, Wow.

As much as I like to liken GaSt to UNCC, I don't think the 49ers will ever be this pathetic. This might be the biggest joke of a program of all time. Can't wait to play our new Western Carolina every year in the SBC.

gsu2583
October 5th, 2012, 12:52 PM
http://i318.photobucket.com/albums/mm436/gsu2583/make-it-rain-guys_zps5c85e881.gif

Ooooooohhhhhh *****!

They gon' make it RAIN!!! (in an attempt to stay above the 15,000 average mark for attendance purposes.)

Sad. Just sad...

HailSzczur
October 5th, 2012, 12:55 PM
I'm curious to see how they follow it up for the Nova game. 10 cent beer day is one of the few things that could be worse

kdinva
October 5th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Pacman Jones is planning on going!

.....along with John L. Smith....... xsmhx

Tuscon
October 5th, 2012, 12:58 PM
I don't really get why everyone is making a big deal out of this. It's a game time promotion to get students out. We have a problem and we're trying to fix it.

Tuscon
October 5th, 2012, 12:59 PM
I'm curious to see how they follow it up for the Nova game. 10 cent beer day is one of the few things that could be worse

Villanova is homecoming. For our first two years, opening night and homecoming have been the two games that pack the student section. I think student organizations help promote more or something.

DJnva
October 5th, 2012, 01:03 PM
I don't really get why everyone is making a big deal out of this. It's a game time promotion to get students out. We have a problem and we're trying to fix it.

Because any student coming out just for this will not come back when you don't have it.

And frankly, this may make the attendance issues seem even worse. Say you get a decent student turnout. Then, after halftime, with the score 35-3, they all leave and you have pics of a nearly full student section paired with a nearly empty section after halftime. If you were a winning team and having issues and thinking that you just needed to get them there to experience the excitement that's one thing.

A new program shouldn't need bells and whistles to sell football if the school was truly ready for it. The football should do that. Surprised it's not advertised as "$10,000 Money Drop Saturday at Ga Dome. There will be predrop and postdrop festivities featuring GSU and UNH football players."

But hey, you made Sports Illustrated.

HailSzczur
October 5th, 2012, 01:05 PM

The school is straight up paying kids to come to games. They pay nothing to get in and the school is floating money over their heads. It's pathetic for one thing, and dangerous as well. I can't even imagine the fights that can and probably will break out during it.

I understand the whole promotion thing, we have to do it too. I just went to a volleyball game where they gave out tshirts and pizza to the first 200 students. At the Delaware game last year they were offering guaranteed basketball tickets to the first 200 students. Incentivize the games, but don't pay them

cbarrier90
October 5th, 2012, 01:10 PM

I don't really get how you, a Georgia State fan, can't see the idiocy in this. Then again, your fanbase's reputation precedes you...

The way you fix your problem is you start winning football games. This doesn't help you win football games. You're putting a Band-Aid on a giant gash that won't heal.

Good job, Sun Belt. Haha.

Gringer1
October 5th, 2012, 01:15 PM

http://discotreats.com/wp-content/uploads/kanye-gayfish.png

asu3peat
October 5th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Makes me think of the first Batman (Keaton) movie where the Joker (Nicholson) drops money on the parade crowd while dancing to Prince...and the people go crazy!

"Hubba hubba...Money money money! Who do you trust?"... "If you gotta go, go with a smile!"

DJnva
October 5th, 2012, 01:18 PM
If one GSU student out there is laying waste to everyone grabbing the cash, the coaches should get him in uniform for the second half.

We should have a "Guess the next GSU promotion" thread.

My guess--One student chosen at random gets to cover a punt. Actually, the punter is good. Maybe the winner can QB a drive.

Tuscon
October 5th, 2012, 01:19 PM
We have different problems than ODU has. Not winning has been a HUGE contributor to the declining attendance. So we've tried various promotions that haven't seemed to work. Sun Glasses, TShirts, Cups, all kinds of stuff that don't really work. Kids don't come out to a game for a free t-shirt. It's just a plus. So you have to find a way to get them in. Hell, they already fund the program with fees at this point, why not give a little back? The only example I could find online of people getting hurt was that link that was previously posted and that was a bit different. There's a huge difference between 12 year olds trampling 7 year olds and college kids grabbing cash. That being said, I'll take pics and post them if you all are right.

I don't really get how you, a Georgia State fan, can't see the idiocy in this. Then again, your fanbase's reputation precedes you...

Good job, Sun Belt. Haha.

No need to be a dick.

fatmonarch
October 5th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Ga state tried the only other reasonable incentive: flashing glasses. They found out the hard way that the school janitors and head coach bill curry were the only ones that would actually wear them. I'm actually considering heading down to Atlanta for some real entertainment. I heard Bo schlector will be making an appearance.

Cocky
October 5th, 2012, 01:22 PM
My question, will the game be delayed if the crowd, or lack of, cant get the bills cleaned up during the alloted time for halftime? Will GSU be penaltized for delay of game? I just dont see many students coming for the hopes of getting a few dollars.

Gringer1
October 5th, 2012, 01:26 PM
We have different problems than ODU has. Not winning has been a HUGE contributor to the declining attendance. So we've tried various promotions that haven't seemed to work. Sun Glasses, TShirts, Cups, all kinds of stuff that don't really work. Kids don't come out to a game for a free t-shirt. It's just a plus. So you have to find a way to get them in. Hell, they already fund the program with fees at this point, why not give a little back? The only example I could find online of people getting hurt was that link that was previously posted and that was a bit different. There's a huge difference between 12 year olds trampling 7 year olds and college kids grabbing cash. That being said, I'll take pics and post them if you all are right.

No need to be a dick.

Your problem is that your program is a joke and your students are apathetic. This flies in the face of your fans' guarantees of record attendance, big wins, and your home city embracing your team. You are terrible. We were all right and you were all wrong. That is comedy. Why don't you get it?

cbarrier90
October 5th, 2012, 01:27 PM

That 10000 dollars could go towards funding an on-campus stadium, hiring a young, energetic football coach that can help you win, etc. But no, we gotta have flashing glasses, guys...

No need to be a dick.

Sorry, but your team is being an embarrassment to this division of football, therefore, my team gets thrown in with the "D-II" stereotype too.

When you think of FCS, instead of App-Montana, GSU-NDSU, you'll think of Georgia State making it rain. It's an absolute joke.

gsu2583
October 5th, 2012, 01:29 PM

It's not just a promotion.

Including the cash drop v New Hampshire, there are a total of 3 home games left for GaState. Let's pretend that this "promotion" draws an additional 5,000 people to the game. That would make the attendance somewhere around 18,300. Let's also assume that they maintain the current attendance average (13,300) over the remaining two games (which is VERY optimistic in my opinion.) That puts the season total around 85,000. That average comes out to 14,200.

I wonder if they have been in contact with SunBelt about attendance, and if it will impact their invite. When the season is over, it will be interesting to see how this one game buoys the attendance figures, if at all.

If they are smart (insert snide comment here) they will wait till AFTER the game to do it.

Tuscon
October 5th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Your problem is that your program is a joke and your students are apathetic. This flies in the face of your fans' guarantees of record attendance, big wins, and your home city embracing your team. You are terrible. We were all right and you were all wrong. That is comedy. Why don't you get it?

Because those are insanely sweeping assessments of the program when I would argue that this is our first TERRIBLE season. Last year, even though we went 3-8, we showed progression as a program. So we're stinking it up right now. That's no reason to say the entire program is a joke.

Apphole
October 5th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Hell, in a city like Atlanta, they're probably gonna break the Falcon's home attendance record making it rain like that.

Gringer1
October 5th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Because those are insanely sweeping assessments of the program when I would argue that this is our first TERRIBLE season. Last year, even though we went 3-8, we showed progression as a program. So we're stinking it up right now. That's no reason to say the entire program is a joke.

You have yet to record a winning record against D1 programs in any season. You regularly lose to sub-D1 programs. Your coach is a cranky old fart who clearly doesn't know what he's doing. You have to literally pay your students to go to games. Is it really this hard to understand?

DJnva
October 5th, 2012, 01:37 PM

No snark at all--can you explain how this will help build a fanbase? Will the in-game atmosphere be enough to get these students to return when there isn't a promotion?

And it doesn't seem like the GSU posters on other boards are thrilled...

Tuscon
October 5th, 2012, 01:38 PM
You have yet to record a winning record against D1 programs in any season. You regularly lose to sub-D1 programs. Your coach is a cranky old fart who clearly doesn't know what he's doing. You have to literally pay your students to go to games. Is it really this hard to understand?

Stop talking. We had a fairly successful season 1. How do you "regularly" do anything when you only play sub-D1 programs for two seasons? How is Curry cranky? He's just a bad coach is all. He's a stand up human being. Glad to have him going, but I'm proud to have him as part of our program.

Look, this whole cash drop thing is pretty embarrassing, but it's stupid to have to come over here when we do any little thing to have pages upon pages of fans piling it on. Get over us for god's sake.

biggie
October 5th, 2012, 01:39 PM
ATL, $10K? Somebody is getting shot.

Next can they drop hookers from the rafters?

DJnva
October 5th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Look, this whole cash drop thing is pretty embarrassing, but it's stupid to have to come over here when we do any little thing to have pages upon pages of fans piling it on. Get over us for god's sake.

Why do you think Ga State gets the "hate" here? Honest anwer.

Tuscon
October 5th, 2012, 01:40 PM
No snark at all--can you explain how this will help build a fanbase? Will the in-game atmosphere be enough to get these students to return when there isn't a promotion?

And it doesn't seem like the GSU posters on other boards are thrilled...

Nope. Can't explain it. It doesn't justify coming over here to see people talking about it like it's the worst idea ever in the history of sports.

Tuscon
October 5th, 2012, 01:42 PM

Yes, please.

Why do you think Ga State gets the "hate" here? Honest anwer.

Because fans came here before we had a program talking big before we had anything to brag about. And to be fair, it was probably only a small sample of our fans as I know of only two or three today that even go to other boards.

asu3peat
October 5th, 2012, 01:42 PM
It's not just a promotion.

Let's pretend that this "promotion" draws an additional 5,000 people to the game.

Do you think all 5,000 people are going to participate in the cash drop? That's averages out to a whopping....$2 a person!

DJnva
October 5th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Nope. Can't explain it. It doesn't justify coming over here to see people talking about it like it's the worst idea ever in the history of sports.

You're right.

Those sunglasses were the worst.

I keed, I keed.

Gringer1
October 5th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Stop talking. We had a fairly successful season 1. How do you "regularly" do anything when you only play sub-D1 programs for two seasons? How is Curry cranky? He's just a bad coach is all. He's a stand up human being. Glad to have him going, but I'm proud to have him as part of our program.

Season 1 you had a losing record against some bad D1 programs. That's hardly successful. You regularly lose to sub-D1 teams because you get beat by things like Lambuth and West Alabama more often than you beat Shorter. Nobody would be "piling on" if your fans didn't make a point to talk trash to the entire FCS. It's called karma and right now it's making G-State its bitch.

Apphole
October 5th, 2012, 01:45 PM

Hahahahaha

AppChicago
October 5th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Makes me think of the first Batman (Keaton) movie where the Joker (Nicholson) drops money on the parade crowd while dancing to Prince...and the people go crazy!

"Hubba hubba...Money money money! Who do you trust?"... "If you gotta go, go with a smile!"

My thoughts exactly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUw-qRihn7k

UNH Fanboi
October 5th, 2012, 02:04 PM
This story is being picked up elsewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if this gets cancelled or modified in some way once someone with a brain realizes the risks.

http://www.barstoolsports.com/m/barstoolu/super-page/georgia-state-dropping-10k-from-the-rafters-next-home-game/

Apphole
October 5th, 2012, 02:07 PM
This story is being picked up elsewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if this gets cancelled or modified in some way once someone with a brain realizes the risks.

http://www.barstoolsports.com/m/barstoolu/super-page/georgia-state-dropping-10k-from-the-rafters-next-home-game/

I predict at least 50 people will be hospitalized for injuries ranging from trampling to stabbing.

FormerPokeCenter
October 5th, 2012, 02:08 PM
The beautiful thing about this thread is that I'm not doing any of the heavy lifting here....;)

Lehigh Football Nation
October 5th, 2012, 02:10 PM

We're definitely in the ballpark.

tribe_pride
October 5th, 2012, 02:15 PM

To be fair, I was just reading PantherTalk, and what is being said here is being said by all but one of your fans there. And since SI and CBS have picked up the story, you have to figure that it will be talked about here.

WileECoyote06
October 5th, 2012, 02:19 PM
lol. . . damn

Go Green
October 5th, 2012, 02:31 PM

If memory serves, the Joker dropped fake money (with his face on it). Is that the plan here, as well?

I wouldn't recommend it. The crowd got pissed and turned on the Joker and he had to gas them...

eaglewraith
October 5th, 2012, 02:32 PM
If memory serves, the Joker dropped fake money (with his face on it). Is that the plan here, as well?

I wouldn't recommend it. The crowd got pissed and turned on the Joker and he had to gas them...

Uh no.

He just gassed them to do it. That was his plan all along.

eagle07
October 5th, 2012, 02:42 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/2mdly5f.jpg

Go Green
October 5th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Uh no.

He just gassed them to do it. That was his plan all along.

Looks like we're both right, my friend.

http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/The_Joker_(Jack_Nicholson) "The Joker threw twenty million dollars into the crowd (the comic adaptation of the film as well as a deleted scene reveals this money was fake one dollar bills with the Joker's face on them). After that, he released a gas form of Smylex out of his balloons".

asu3peat
October 5th, 2012, 02:47 PM
In honor of this promotion, everyone should produce a short parody film at their tailgate of the, "Make it Rain: Curry Cash Drop!" The only thing the committee asks is that you please include a soundtrack featuring the likes of Fat Joe (crack) & Lil Wayne's version of "make it rain" or Travis Porter's "make it rain trick". All videos will be voted on and shown on the weekly AGS poll under "Most Significant Promotion". The winning video receives 2 free tickets to the next Panther home game to help boost the attendance numbers.

Tuscon
October 5th, 2012, 02:47 PM
To be fair, I was just reading PantherTalk, and what is being said here is being said by all but one of your fans there. And since SI and CBS have picked up the story, you have to figure that it will be talked about here.

That's true. And at least this thread has reminded me that it has been far too long since I've watched the original Batman.

eaglewraith
October 5th, 2012, 02:49 PM

http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/The_Joker_(Jack_Nicholson) "The Joker threw twenty million dollars into the crowd (the comic adaptation of the film as well as a deleted scene reveals this money was fake one dollar bills with the Joker's face on them). After that, he released a gas form of Smylex out of his balloons".

I wasn't refuting the fake cash part. I think I'd heard that before already actually. The crowd never turned on him before he released the gas though.That was what he was gonna do.

I've seen that movie once or twice :)

gsu2583
October 5th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Bill Curry.... You..... are my numbah one....... ah-GUY!

klak
October 5th, 2012, 03:07 PM

If Ga State gasses their fans, it will be out of mercy.

Go Green
October 5th, 2012, 03:09 PM
You..... are my numbah one....... ah-GUY!

As ridiculous as the 1989 movie seems today, Kim Basinger was awfully hot in it. :)

eaglewraith
October 5th, 2012, 03:12 PM
As ridiculous as the 1989 movie seems today, Kim Basinger was awfully hot in it. :)

To be fair, she was ridiculously hot in everything back then.

I watched The Getaway yesterday.....definitely a win.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 5th, 2012, 03:14 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2012/10/water-cooler-collegiate-cash-drop.html

ElonFirefighter
October 5th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Should not be too hard to grab some money. The two fans could agree to split it 50-50.

On another note, those fans running around could be the most movement that gsu sees on the field all season

UNH Fanboi
October 5th, 2012, 03:34 PM
According to one of the articles I read the number of participants will be limited to 400 and they will be dropping vouchers from the bank sponsoring the event. Also, they apparently did a similar promotion last year where they spread out 5000 in the end zone and had 100 people run out to grab it. There's a video of it on YouTube.

Bogus Megapardus
October 5th, 2012, 03:38 PM
UNH fans - was Sean McDonnell aware of this beforehand? I'd be furious - a protest to the NCAA certainly is in order.

eaglewraith
October 5th, 2012, 03:40 PM
UNH fans - was Sean McDonnell aware of this beforehand? I'd be furious - a protest to the NCAA certainly is in order.

Not sure why this matters.

UNH Fanboi
October 5th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Not sure why this matters.

I'm just annoyed that the UNH name is being sullied by being associated with these clowns. It's embarrassing.

GATA_Eagles
October 5th, 2012, 03:59 PM
I'm just annoyed that the UNH name is being sullied by being associated with these clowns. It's embarrassing.

I hope you hang 80 on them xthumbsupx

Lehigh Football Nation
October 5th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Maybe 100-0 - one for every C-note?

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 5th, 2012, 05:02 PM
The sad part is, GStU will probably get more media attention over this than any FCS team will for anything this season. xsmhx

T-Dog
October 5th, 2012, 05:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3id-Fb8ooY

ursus arctos horribilis
October 5th, 2012, 06:16 PM
The sad part is, GStU will probably get more media attention over this than any FCS team will for anything this season. xsmhx

Well, I'd rather have zero if this were the kind you were getting. There maketing dept. is unbelievably embarrassing.

AppAlum2003
October 5th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Quarters. Makes things that much more interesting. Last one standing wins!

Came here to say this - reps to you.

Gordon Shumway
October 5th, 2012, 08:46 PM
I'm sort of shocked the NCAA hasn't stepped in to put a stop to this nonsense.

DJnva
October 5th, 2012, 09:27 PM
On what basis? Yes, it's kind of unseemly, but on what grounds can the NCAA regulate the halftime entertainment?

Bogus Megapardus
October 5th, 2012, 09:31 PM

It's a friggin' slap in the face to UNH football. Forget even the NCAA, how can CAA Commissioner Tom Yeager let this happen? Certainly he has the authority to put a stop to it.

Bogus Megapardus
October 5th, 2012, 09:40 PM
The sad part is, GStU will probably get more media attention over this than any FCS team will for anything this season.

Georgia State is buying the "media attention" - as it has done all along. Certainly nothing about the university or its football program merits it independently. That's been settled.

I have to wonder - is this "ten thousand dollars" coming from taxpayer money? From a general account that could be used, perhaps, for better purposes? Some genius apparently thinks that people really will like you more if you throw dollar bills at them.

dgtw
October 5th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Well, how is giving away $10,000 to students who come to the game any different than spending it on some other way to attract students? Someone mentioned a volleyball game where they gave away pizzas and t-shirts, this is just another promotion.

AppAlum2003
October 5th, 2012, 09:58 PM
Georgia State is buying the "media attention" - as it has done all along. Certainly nothing about the university or its football program merits it independently. That's been settled.

I have to wonder - is this "ten thousand dollars" coming from taxpayer money? From a general account that could be used, perhaps, for better purposes? Some genius apparently thinks that people really will like you more if you throw dollar bills at them.

Yes, they're called strippers.

Panther88
October 5th, 2012, 10:15 PM

xlolx Ouch!!!!! lolololololololol xlolx

Panther88
October 5th, 2012, 10:18 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/2mdly5f.jpg

xlolx lol xlolx

Mr. C
October 6th, 2012, 12:46 AM
Why does this make me think of the Thanksgiving episode on WKRP in Cincinnati? Instead of turkeys, they are dropping cash.

The Eagle's Cliff
October 6th, 2012, 07:14 AM
You guys are learning a little something about why the City of Atlanta is such a mess - same mentality. Real Georgians will tell you quickly that Atlanta is NOT Georgia.

dgtw
October 6th, 2012, 07:27 AM
You guys are learning a little something about why the City of Atlanta is such a mess - same mentality. Real Georgians will tell you quickly that Atlanta is NOT Georgia.

Was the trash on the field after that (horrible) infield fly call another example?

I had to go there almost every week for a year due to work. Way too big for my tastes.

No way would I want to live there.

TheEagleWay
October 6th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Was the trash on the field after that (horrible) infield fly call another example?

I had to go there almost every week for a year due to work. Way too big for my tastes.

No way would I want to live there.

Yes, its was after the call was made. xsmhx

That was embarrassing, especially for Chippers last game.

Eaglegus2
October 6th, 2012, 08:27 AM
What really worries me is how will they keep only GStU students in the money grab? I can see ATL gang bangers at this game to participate in the promotion. This can lead to violent consequences. I only hope that the ATL police dept has a riot team on stand-by. I do see people getting hurt in this promotion.

I have said it before, Bill Curry is a nice person. It is his coaching skills that are lacking. He is rated with Brian Van Gorder as a football coach. If the Panthers want to be competitive in FCS or BCS they need a new coach to lead them? Keep your eyes open because GT may be losing their coach at the end of this season. There are coaches on that team that could lead GStU in the future.

I hopeall the local TV markets have cameras at the game. I would like to see this fiasco on Sports Center.

caribbeanhen
October 6th, 2012, 08:30 AM

xlolxxlolx

GATA_Eagles
October 6th, 2012, 05:32 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A4jXi7ECAAAi5Rj.jpg

https://twitter.com/ajcgsu/status/254690373912363008/photo/1
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Mountaineer#96
October 6th, 2012, 05:33 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A4jXi7ECAAAi5Rj.jpg

https://twitter.com/ajcgsu/status/254690373912363008/photo/1
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

OMG the tragedy............

http://gifninja.com/animatedgifs/124170/make-it-rain.gif

Mountaineer#96
October 6th, 2012, 05:37 PM
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs1/3703756_o.gif

WataugaDave
October 6th, 2012, 05:40 PM
That picture doesn't seem to indicate a record-breaking crowd either.

dgtw
October 6th, 2012, 07:11 PM
I wonder how much of the $10,000 went unclaimed. I imagine a few of the bills floated into the empty seats. Then you have osme that probably got torn in the scramble. And did they exchange the vouchers at the game for cash or did you have to go down to the bank to claim your money? If it is the latter, that may save them some money as well. I'm not going to go out of my way to find the bank for just a few bucks. Then some people will forget about it, lose them, or leave the vouchers in their pockets when they wash their pants.

UAalum72
October 6th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Why does this make me think of the Thanksgiving episode on WKRP in Cincinnati? Instead of turkeys, they are dropping cash.

As god is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST01bZJPuE0

eaglewraith
October 6th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Apparently it was just vouchers.

To redeem the vouchers you had to open an account at the credit union that sponsored the drop. And I think there was only 200-300 students actually there.

They left immediately after the drop.

eagle07
October 6th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Apparently it was just vouchers.

To redeem the vouchers you had to open an account at the credit union that sponsored the drop. And I think there was only 200-300 students actually there.

They left immediately after the drop.

When someone mentioned the bank sponsership earlier, I thought something like that may be afoot. I would wager more than 70% of vouchers go unclaimed

DJnva
October 6th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Ga State had 55 more in attendance than last week.

They average less than 15,000 in attendance. The FBS requires a rolling 2 year average of 15,000 to move up. I wonder what happens.

Twentysix
October 6th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Ga State had 55 more in attendance than last week.

They average less than 15,000 in attendance. The FBS requires a rolling 2 year average of 15,000 to move up. I wonder what happens.

For bowl eligbility, allegedly. Lets be real, GSU can't win a game in the FCS.

DJnva
October 6th, 2012, 08:11 PM
For bowl eligbility, allegedly. Lets be real, GSU can't win a game in the FCS.

Hmm. I found this:
Simply, the rule says that at least once in a two-year rolling period, each FBS member must have an average attendance of at least 15,000 at its home games. The first time a school comes up short of the minimum, it enters a 10-year probationary period. If the rule is violated again during the next 10 years, the school receives a one-year bowl ban. If its attendance is still beneath the threshold, the school is dropped to the Football Championship Subdivision, formerly known as Division I-AA.

Apparently though, you can count tickets sold as long as they sell for 1/3rd of face. You can boost a school by 6,000 average by getting one rich donor to buy about 36,000 tix at say $10 each.

dgtw
October 6th, 2012, 08:29 PM
So the first time you drop below 10,000, you go on a ten year probation. Then it is a one year bowl ban. Then you get kicked out of FBS. Do they wait ten years to kick you out or could you get the boot after just three years? And has anyone actually gotten a bowl ban for this?

JSUBison
October 6th, 2012, 09:34 PM
So the first time you drop below 10,000, you go on a ten year probation. Then it is a one year bowl ban. Then you get kicked out of FBS. Do they wait ten years to kick you out or could you get the boot after just three years? And has anyone actually gotten a bowl ban for this?

Ball State I think.

WataugaDave
October 6th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Ball State I think.

Yep - http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-state-sports/2012/09/25/winless-georgia-state-also-falling-behind-in-turnstiles/

But according to the article they were able to recover the next year. I don't think Georgia State would have much of a chance.

Charlotte take note: A football team will not excite the students of a commuter school by virtue of its existence.

49RFootballNow
October 6th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Yep - http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-state-sports/2012/09/25/winless-georgia-state-also-falling-behind-in-turnstiles/

But according to the article they were able to recover the next year. I don't think Georgia State would have much of a chance.

Charlotte take note: A football team will not excite the students of a commuter school by virtue of its existence.

Good thing we're not a commuter school.

TheEagleWay
October 6th, 2012, 09:44 PM
This program is an embarrassment to this State.

mathman
October 6th, 2012, 10:00 PM
It's a friggin' slap in the face to UNH football. Forget even the NCAA, how can CAA Commissioner Tom Yeager let this happen? Certainly he has the authority to put a stop to it.

Why should UNH or Yeager care? It's a halftime promotion like any other. It doesn't even use real money, but vouchers. Besides, Georgia State has one foot out the door already.

mathman
October 6th, 2012, 10:04 PM

Georgia collegiate sports don't receive taxpayer support. The event is sponsored by a credit union.

mathman
October 6th, 2012, 10:10 PM
What really worries me is how will they keep only GStU students in the money grab? I can see ATL gang bangers at this game to participate in the promotion. This can lead to violent consequences. I only hope that the ATL police dept has a riot team on stand-by. I do see people getting hurt in this promotion.
They are vouchers, not actual money. And they'd have to pay admission to get in, and you can't easily fake a student ID.

dgtw
October 6th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Do students, who I assume get in free, count as part of the offical attendance?

mathman
October 6th, 2012, 10:16 PM

Georgia State probably has more to fear from being kicked out of the Sun Belt first.

mathman
October 6th, 2012, 10:16 PM
Do students, who I assume get in free, count as part of the offical attendance?

Yes and yes.

dgtw
October 6th, 2012, 10:23 PM
When someone mentioned the bank sponsership earlier, I thought something like that may be afoot. I would wager more than 70% of vouchers go unclaimed

Probably so. While I suppose you could open an account and then withdraw all your money the next day, that would be a big pain in the neck. That would raise the theshold of how much I'd have to get to make it worth my trouble to go through all that hassle.

dgtw
October 6th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Georgia State probably has more to fear from being kicked out of the Sun Belt first.

The Sun Belt would never kick them out. They are in a major market!!!! All those people in Atlanta, even though they ignore Georgia State football, are far more important than those in the small towns of Boone and Statesboro who actually go to games and watch their teams win games.

Mountaineer#96
October 6th, 2012, 10:43 PM
This crap just made SportsCenter...........shame on Ga State.

49RFootballNow
October 6th, 2012, 10:45 PM
This crap just made SportsCenter...........shame on Ga State.

It should make SC, its just odd and the poor turnout didn't help.

Tuscon
October 7th, 2012, 12:31 AM
You're all idiots. Seriously. Gang banger comments? It wasn't even that big of a deal. They dropped some vouchers on the field while kids scrambled around to pick them up. Kind of anti-climactic after 13 pages of y'alls bs.

Gringer1
October 7th, 2012, 12:40 AM
The most anticlimactic thing was when the kids got the vouchers and realized they had to open an account at a credit union to get the money.

TheEagleWay
October 7th, 2012, 04:26 AM
You're all idiots. Seriously. Gang banger comments? It wasn't even that big of a deal. They dropped some vouchers on the field while kids scrambled around to pick them up. Kind of anti-climactic after 13 pages of y'alls bs.

Congrats on tricking your students into taking crappy vouchers and not cash. I'm sure a majority of them go unused.

Congrats on making SportsCenter!

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 7th, 2012, 06:05 AM
This deal was truly embarrassing. Why stop with cash? Why not give out free cell phones, health care and pay the mortgage for Panther fans too?

FormerPokeCenter
October 7th, 2012, 06:18 AM

Dude, take off the Panther colored glasses...do you TRULY not see how pathetic this promotion looks, even by Ga. State standards?

You've been told for three years now that your opening game attendance would plummet with alarming velocity after the initial "excitement" wore off. The replies, from any Georgia State fan who cared to comment was that you were an unstoppable juggernaught, an awakened giant who'd immediately support the attendance and on-field product that would entice the SEC to come calling...

Well, guess what? We told you so....

And here you are, again, telling us that we're all idiots for seeing the OBVIOUS problems with A.) the need to stage this sort of "promotion" to get students to the game, and B.) the sorts of things that could go wrong with it. I mean, you're either a Commuter School catering to the 35-year old housewives driving in from Powder Springs, Marrieta, Dallas and Cumming, - like we've suggested that you are - or your'e the inner city mecca destignation school of choice for suave urban kids who have options. I guess the empty stadium can be blamed on mezzanine seats, massive simultaneous bathroom runs or the chic way to watch games on big screens in the food court....

It couldn't possibly be that the shat on the field is unwatchable, could it?

I guess since we didn't see throngs of urban kids nor 35-year old housewives fighting for Credit Union vouchers, we could both be wrong. Maybe is IS because the shat on the field is SO unwatchable that a $100 voucher can't even lure folks to the Dome...

I wish I would have been in town this weekend, I probably would have gone to this in person. I need to open an ATL area bank account anyway, ya know? ;)

Mountaineer#96
October 7th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Anyone find the SportsCenter clip yet, I tried looking but so far no joy. It had me laughing without control last night when it popped up.

LehighU11
October 7th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Here's the clip from the field. At 36 seconds, a guy tackles a girl from behind in the bottom right of the screen, and then jumps up to dash over to the left. He might have a future for Georgia State with talent like that. There is another tackle on the bottom left at 43 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzm-Yyz2aqc

DJnva
October 7th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Percentage of those on field that could tell you score of current game?

LehighU11
October 7th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Percentage of those on field that could tell you score of current game?

Approximately the same as those that will open a new account at Georgia's Own Credit Union after learning that bills were in fact vouchers.

gasoutherneagle
October 7th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Tuscon,

I love ya'...

But, now that the REAL GSU is about to move up. I'd be moving outta that dome as fast as possible. Because, the ridicule will be beyond your wildest dreams when that first Georgia Southern vs. Georgia State game is played in that damn cavern and it's FILLED with NAVY BLUE chanting: GEORGIA... SOUTHERN!!!

Tuscon
October 7th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Tuscon,

I love ya'...

But, now that the REAL GSU is about to move up. I'd be moving outta that dome as fast as possible. Because, the ridicule will be beyond your wildest dreams when that first Georgia Southern vs. Georgia State game is played in that damn cavern and it's FILLED with NAVY BLUE chanting: GEORGIA... SOUTHERN!!!

Gotta get that invite first. No doubt you guys are moving in the right direction, but to say you are "about to move up" is pure speculation.

gasoutherneagle
October 7th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Gotta get that invite first. No doubt you guys are moving in the right direction, but to say you are "about to move up" is pure speculation.
Ah... speculation, yes. But, a safer bet than most. That's for sure. I'm not worried about an invite. The last hurtle is Georgia Board of Regents. As the only "major" in the state running in the black... I'd bet those odds every time.

Tribal
October 7th, 2012, 10:18 PM
What a bunch of whores chasing money like that. Comical and sad at the same time. Please, hurry up and get the hell out of the CAA before you cause irreparable damage to our name.

clenz
October 7th, 2012, 10:21 PM
After watching that video I'm convinced there was no more than 3k people at that game.

Tribal
October 7th, 2012, 10:27 PM
After watching that video I'm convinced there was no more than 3k people at that game.

You're seeing double.

GlassOnion
October 7th, 2012, 10:46 PM

I agree. They could buy more fans if they rented out the local high school instead, and dropped the cash they'd save.

FormerPokeCenter
October 8th, 2012, 05:23 AM
but to say you are "about to move up" is pure speculation.

And, let's face it...Nobody is as intimately familiar with "speculation" as Georgia State fans...with the notable exception of University of Chapel Hill at Charlotte fans, of course ;)

UNH_Alum_In_CT
October 8th, 2012, 08:21 AM

I was at the game and when I saw 9.5K in the box score, my immediate reaction was no way! I put it at 3K tops! I sent a picture of the GSU side to PantherRob during the game, I'll try to post it once I'm back on the desktop.

I-16Bandit
October 8th, 2012, 08:24 AM
I was at the game and when I saw 9.5K in the box score, my immediate reaction was no way! I put it at 3K tops! I sent a picture of the GSU side to PantherRob during the game, I'll try to post it once I'm back on the desktop.

https://mlkshk.com/r/1E8J

ButlerGSU
October 8th, 2012, 08:51 AM
AJC tweeted this photo 15 minutes before kickoff.... 16967

Gringer1
October 8th, 2012, 08:59 AM
AJC tweeted this photo 15 minutes before kickoff.... 16967

Silly Butler. Don't you know that's the "away" side and that 8,000 Georgia Taint fans are packed together like sardines on the other side?

Tuscon
October 8th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Silly Butler. Don't you know that's the "away" side and that 8,000 Georgia Taint fans are packed together like sardines on the other side?

Hard to tell. I don't come in that early.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
October 9th, 2012, 12:35 PM
I took this about 40 minutes after kickoff. Three people in the middle (grey) section near the 30 yard line, nobody in the upper deck. Similar number of people on the visitor's side.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u36/UNH_Alum_In_CT/Atlanta-20121006-00086.jpg

Tuscon
October 9th, 2012, 12:44 PM
I see me!

DJnva
October 9th, 2012, 12:45 PM
And that's a pic of the home side? The most, for lack of a better term, densely packed sections?

GlassOnion
October 9th, 2012, 12:50 PM
I took this about 40 minutes after kickoff. Three people in the middle (grey) section near the 30 yard line, nobody in the upper deck. Similar number of people on the visitor's side.

Looks like an average of ~45 people per section. Lets be generous and assume 100, since we dont want to miss anyone that fell asleep and has slouched too low to be seen. Thats 8 sections semi- visible, so 800 and a similar number on the other side, thats 1600, so that means ~8,000 are seated in the end zone sections?

kdinva
October 9th, 2012, 01:01 PM
And that's a pic of the home side? The most, for lack of a better term, densely packed sections?

I wonder if they could sell out Chuck South's, or St. Francis's, facility?

UNHWILDCATS05
October 9th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Looks like an average of ~45 people per section. Lets be generous and assume 100, since we dont want to miss anyone that fell asleep and has slouched too low to be seen. Thats 8 sections semi- visible, so 800 and a similar number on the other side, thats 1600, so that means ~8,000 are seated in the end zone sections?

Nope. See below.

andy7171
October 9th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Apparently though, you can count tickets sold as long as they sell for 1/3rd of face. You can boost a school by 6,000 average by getting one rich donor to buy about 36,000 tix at say $10 each.

HHHmmmm. I believe this to be the source of the 6.93 rule.

Tuscon
October 9th, 2012, 01:23 PM
HHHmmmm. I believe this to be the source of the 6.93 rule.

We should sell tickets for $10 a piece anyway. I have no idea why our administration refuses to sell tickets for less than $20 a pop.

The Moody1
October 9th, 2012, 01:34 PM
After watching the video, I think their students have a future playing Zombies in The Walking Dead.

GlassOnion
October 9th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Nope. See below.

Hmm. Looks like the GaSt athletics dept could estimate numbers for the government.

Tuscon
October 9th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Hmm. Looks like the GaSt athletics dept could estimate numbers for the government.

I think they count all tickets sold whether they are scanned or not and any student ticket that is scanned.... I think. Which would make our minimum attendance if no one showed up something like 4500(season ticket sales). I'm also pretty sure most schools do this.

My section has a running joke that every time the opposing team has a false start, it's our fault for making so much noise. All 4 of us in the front row.

McNeese75
October 9th, 2012, 02:45 PM
I think they count all tickets sold whether they are scanned or not and any student ticket that is scanned.... I think. Which would make our minimum attendance if no one showed up something like 4500(season ticket sales). I'm also pretty sure most schools do this.

My section has a running joke that every time the opposing team has a false start, it's our fault for making so much noise. All 4 of us in the front row.

At least you are there xbowx

SpeedkingATL
October 9th, 2012, 03:20 PM

I was at an App game at UTC a few years back when there were around 1500-2000 in Finley Stadium. The official made a lousy pass interference call and I stood up and yelled at him. He looked at me and yelled back. Maybe you too can have some fun with the zebras.

Tuscon
October 9th, 2012, 03:28 PM
I was at an App game at UTC a few years back when there were around 1500-2000 in Finley Stadium. The official made a lousy pass interference call and I stood up and yelled at him. He looked at me and yelled back. Maybe you too can have some fun with the zebras.

Guys behind me do enough of that. I think a ref touched him when he was younger or something.

gsu_paintballer
October 9th, 2012, 06:09 PM

I'm sure that's how they do it. That's how pretty much every school does it. Nothing wrong with that method.

WataugaDave
October 9th, 2012, 07:13 PM

Meanwhile at App you have thousands of students ready to start chanting "bull****" at them at the drop of a hat.

dgtw
October 10th, 2012, 05:19 PM
I wasn't aware of this, but just saw on another board that Jax State (and Chattanooga) are both traveling to play Georgia State next year.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-13/sun-belt/2013-georgia-state-panthers-football-schedule.php

I'll definately be headed over to see this game. Maybe we can bring more fans than they have. I'll be with my wife and our son and her college friend who lives in Atlanta will be there with us.

That's four right there, that should be all we need to win the attendance battle.

Tuscon
October 10th, 2012, 05:37 PM
It doesn't appear to me that our administration cares to win a game next season either.

Bogus Megapardus
October 10th, 2012, 05:53 PM
It doesn't appear to me that our administration cares to win a game next season either.

Just wondering here - what do you mean by "our administration?" The University has poured wads of money into football - as least as far as a casual observer (such as I) can tell. A good number of very successful, long-time FCS programs would salivate over such funding. Outwardly, it appears that the Georgia State administration (to the extent that such a singularly-defined decision making entity exists) "cares" to they extent that it can care - with its checkbook.

Is it possible that the difficulties are more systemic?

Tuscon
October 10th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Just wondering here - what do you mean by "our administration?" The University has poured wads of money into football - as least as far as a casual observer (such as I) can tell. A good number of very successful, long-time FCS programs would salivate over such funding. Outwardly, it appears that the Georgia State administration (to the extent that such a singularly-defined decision making entity exists) "cares" to they extent that it can care - with its checkbook.

Is it possible that the difficulties are more systemic?

I said they don't care to win. There's not an easy game for us on that schedule. The two FCS teams we're playing are UTC and JSU. I can't even give FCS teams respect over here without catching ****.

dgtw
October 10th, 2012, 06:18 PM
That is a tough schedule. But the FBS games will bring in a lot of money for the program and are fairly short drives for fans who want to follow the team.

The FCS games are pretty challenging as well, but both schools should bring a good number of fans. I've never been to the Dome (didn't go to the 2010 game), but I think I'll go this time.

Do you happen to know how much you are paying Jax State and Chatty for these games?

T-Dog
October 10th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Good grief. West Virginia AND Alabama next year. xscanx

gasoutherneagle
October 10th, 2012, 07:27 PM
I said they don't care to win. There's not an easy game for us on that schedule. The two FCS teams we're playing are UTC and JSU. I can't even give FCS teams respect over here without catching ****.

Tuscon, you've been the one and ONLY stand-up GsU fan I've seen, heard or read a post from with any sense of R E A L I T Y. Which is why I requested you as a friend on this board.

CLASS goes a long way and you've stood in here and taken your lumps like DeNiro in Raging Bull. GsU fans (as a whole) went charging into the FCS fray like an over zealous, red-clad private at Rorks Rift. Bloodied, staggered and woozy most have hightailed it back to the Panther messageboards... all but YOU!

For that... REPS!!!

Tribal
October 10th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Tuscon, you're aces in my book. Stay strong, brother!

dgtw
October 11th, 2012, 04:29 AM

In all seriousness, I do hope your program improves. I was impressed they did well their first season. They took Jax State to overtime a week after JSU beat Ole Miss. So talent is (or was ) there. I was surprised they fell aprt so badly these last two seasons. Hopefully with a new coach they can get it together.

ElonFirefighter
October 11th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Meanwhile at App you have thousands of students ready to start chanting "bull****" at them at the drop of a hat.

Sitting on the first row at Elon for bball where you can get into a refs ear, he made a bad call. I yelled at him, "ref Strongly disagree with your call and I ask that you reconsiter". Talk about a wierd look from the ref, he didnt know how to react.

laxVik
October 11th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Ducks vs GSU in '15. Sad. Really, REALLY sad.

Tuscon
October 11th, 2012, 08:54 AM
That is a tough schedule. But the FBS games will bring in a lot of money for the program and are fairly short drives for fans who want to follow the team.

The FCS games are pretty challenging as well, but both schools should bring a good number of fans. I've never been to the Dome (didn't go to the 2010 game), but I think I'll go this time.

Do you happen to know how much you are paying Jax State and Chatty for these games?

UTC is part of a home and home and I suspect we buy out our half. I got no clue on the JSU front. Probably not a lot as we're transitional. WVU is only paying us 550k and Alabama is only paying us 700k for this very reason. I assume you're a JSU fan. I made the trip out there last year and had a blast(except he loss).

URMite
October 11th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Sitting on the first row at Elon for bball where you can get into a refs ear, he made a bad call. I yelled at him, "ref Strongly disagree with your call and I ask that you reconsiter". Talk about a wierd look from the ref, he didnt know how to react.

Sounds like when Dean Smith complained about the language at Duke. Next time UNC visited and there was a bad call the Cameron Crazies started a preplanned chant of "We beg to differ! We beg to differ!" Now that got some funny looks.

DJnva
October 11th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Ducks vs GSU in '15. Sad. Really, REALLY sad.

ODU is picking up a game at UNC next year. Getting half a million and an outside shot at a win.

Tuscon
October 11th, 2012, 09:43 AM
ODU is picking up a game at UNC next year. Getting half a million and an outside shot at a win.

I was really surprised to see that we won't be playing you guys next year. I know you all are having some scheduling issues, so I just assumed we'd be in the mix. Sad to see the series end(if it has).

DJnva
October 11th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Well, since you're technically FBS next season and we're not, I'm sure you wanted us to come down there. That would make three seasons in a row...

I also think they're looking for a lot of one and done matchups because we're getting 8 CUSA games in 2014.

FormerPokeCenter
October 11th, 2012, 12:47 PM

Kim Bassinger was hot, but...Michelle Pfeiffer, in that cat suit, was off the page ridiculously hot...hotter even than Halle Berry was....

dgtw
October 11th, 2012, 02:46 PM
UTC is part of a home and home and I suspect we buy out our half. I got no clue on the JSU front. Probably not a lot as we're transitional. WVU is only paying us 550k and Alabama is only paying us 700k for this very reason. I assume you're a JSU fan. I made the trip out there last year and had a blast(except he loss).

My wife is a JSU grad. Thanks for coming last year, glad you enjoyed yourself. Yeah, I imagine you won't be traveling to Chattanooga or Jacksonville since FBS teams don't go to fCS towns, even if they are transitioning.

WataugaDave
October 12th, 2012, 08:32 PM

Were you wearing fancy clothes and using a British accent for that one?

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/28269479.jpg