PDA

View Full Version : GAME OF THE WEEK - WEEK 7

TheRevSFA
October 3rd, 2012, 07:44 PM
NOMINATIONS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

You can now vote on which game you think is the game of the week, and the winner gets a video made by Football Gameplan CEO Emory Hunt, the Czar of the Playbook, the apple of my eye....etc

Happy Voting

GATA_Eagles
October 3rd, 2012, 07:46 PM
Lot's of great matchups this week!

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 3rd, 2012, 11:50 PM
That was the toughest Game of the Week vote to date. Almost as hard as the decision I will have to make in November.

Went with the SoCon game in the end as it intrigues me the most. How good is Wofford? Is Georgia Southern's team getting back to where they were a year ago?

Screamin_Eagle174
October 4th, 2012, 12:13 AM
Have to go with the homer vote... quite possibly a matchup of two top 5 teams like this weekend's matchup between NDSU/YSU that will have a big say in who wins the conference.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 4th, 2012, 12:23 AM
I had to go with EWU-MSU. If i have off i'm going!

GATA_GSU
October 4th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Wofford visiting Georgia Southern is game of the week in my book. But I fear that game for a few reasons:

1) Dating back to 2006, in the past 7 meetings between Wofford and Georgia Southern, the away team has always won the matchup. So much for home-field advantage. I hope our 12-game (or is it 13?) home winning streak doesn't come to an end when Wofford comes to town.

2) Both teams seem to be unknowns at this point and it could definitely go either way. While Wofford has a stellar record, they have yet to play any substantial opponents. Regarding GSU, we've struggled on both sides of the ball and there's no telling when we'll get things straight. Perhaps the winner of this one will come down to who makes less mistakes.

3) Being a triple option team, Wofford should be at an advantage in regards to deciphering our run game. Also considering our abysmal passing game, I'm sure they can focus more on stopping the run. Also, our defense has been less than stellar thus far as well, and I have terrible visions of Wofford running up and down on us.

Another interesting thing to consider is that in the past 7 meetings the games have been decided by an average of just 5.8 points.

Like I said, I'm afraid of this game. But I still look forward to it.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 4th, 2012, 01:45 AM
I homered too but damn that is a hell of a lineup!

frozennorth
October 4th, 2012, 02:23 AM
this one is a total tossup. 3 top 10 v top 10 matchups? yikes

woffordgrad94
October 4th, 2012, 03:17 AM
Hard to say right now. If we lose to Furman, that GSU game loses a lot of luster. But since I expect us to win, I voted Wofford @ GSU