PDA

View Full Version : UCA ready for the SLC season and looking forward to future

blackfordpu
July 29th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Central Arkansas looking to get feet wet in SLC action

Bears to face SHSU, SFA during 2006 football season

The University of Central Arkansas got its first glimpse at the rest of the Southland Conference football squads this week at the league’s Football Kickoff Celebration in Lake Charles, La.

Since most of the teams in the SLC had almost finished their scheduling for 2006 when the Bears were offered an invitation to the conference last fall, UCA will have to wait until 2007 to play a full league schedule. But head coach Clint Conque and his team are excited about the upcoming season, and the chance to get the their feet wet when they play two SLC teams this fall — Sam Houston State and Stephen F. Austin.

continued:http://www.itemonline.com/sports/local_story_210000856.html?keyword=topstory

BEAR
July 29th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the update Blackfordpu!

blackfordpu
July 30th, 2006, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the update Blackfordpu!

no problem. looking forward to the Kats/Bears game!:nod:

McTailGator
July 30th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Central Arkansas looking to get feet wet in SLC action

Bears to face SHSU, SFA during 2006 football season

The University of Central Arkansas got its first glimpse at the rest of the Southland Conference football squads this week at the league’s Football Kickoff Celebration in Lake Charles, La.

Since most of the teams in the SLC had almost finished their scheduling for 2006 when the Bears were offered an invitation to the conference last fall, UCA will have to wait until 2007 to play a full league schedule. But head coach Clint Conque and his team are excited about the upcoming season, and the chance to get the their feet wet when they play two SLC teams this fall — Sam Houston State and Stephen F. Austin.

continued:http://www.itemonline.com/sports/local_story_210000856.html?keyword=topstory

The more I read and learn about UCA, the more I look forward to playing them for years to come. They have made remarkable progress and will be a great addition to the conference.

Bear Fan 101
July 30th, 2006, 01:41 PM
I hear only great things about UCA's trip to McNeese in the past and the tailgating and the fans of McNeese and the way they treated UCA fans that day. If all the SLC is like that, I can not wait for the full SLC schedule to kick in.

GeauxColonels
July 30th, 2006, 09:12 PM
I'm sure UCA will be welcomed by all SLC teams and will give many teams a better game than they're expecting. They came to Thibodaux in 2000 with Nicholls State winning a shootout 52-44. We went 1-10 that year but most of us in Thibodaux expected a much easier time against the Bears.

Bear Fan 101
July 30th, 2006, 09:49 PM
That was Clint Conque's first game ever as head coach for UCA. I remember listeneing to it well. And I heard only great things about Colonels' fans as well that evening. I am looking forward to all these road trips in a couple of years I hope.

GeauxColonels
July 30th, 2006, 09:58 PM
That was Clint Conque's first game ever as head coach for UCA. I remember listeneing to it well. And I heard only great things about Colonels' fans as well that evening. I am looking forward to all these road trips in a couple of years I hope.
Well, when you come down, make sure you make your way under the pine trees in between Guidry Stadium and the baseball field. That's where all the good cookin' goes on.

Bear Fan 101
July 31st, 2006, 07:25 AM
mental note already taken! :thumbsup: