PDA

View Full Version : CAA Week 6 Pick'ems

HailSzczur
October 2nd, 2012, 11:26 AM
Since there wasn't one started yet, here's my picks for the week

Brown @ Rhode Island 1:00 PM
Man this one is tough to call. URI has shown next to nothing thus far this year. Brown is 2-1, but beat a winless HC team and Georgetown. Gonna have to go with the unknown here. Brown 24 Rhody 17

New Hampshire @ Georgia State 3:30 PM
New Hampshire is good. Georgia State is not. UNH 52 GSU 13

William & Mary @ Penn 3:30 PM
Going to be a close one at Franklin Field. Two underpreforming teams, but I like W&M to get some momentum going and win 2 in a row. William and Mary 20 Penn 10

Richmond @ Villanova 6:00 PM
ODU almost let Richmond come back and steal one this past weekend, but I don't see the Cat's easing up in the 2nd half. Austin Medley is getting healthy and Robertson is finding his throwing game, I'm predicting 5 straight wins for Nova. Villanova 38 Richmond 21

Towson @ Jame Madison 1:00 PM NBC SPORTS NETWORK
Best game in the CAA this weekend. Towson needs to start racking up some wins if they are going to reach the magical 7 for the playoffs. This one could come down to who can run the ball better, and I think Towson might steal one on the road. Towson 24 JMU 17

Maine @ Delaware 3:30 PM CSN-MA+/CSN-NE/TCN-P/CSN-CH/CSN-CA/CSN-NW
Delaware is a bit overrated I think, but after watching the Maine offense struggle to protect the QB and their awful running game, I'll take the Hens. Delaware 31 Maine 13

narc
October 2nd, 2012, 12:05 PM
New Hampshire is good. Georgia State is not. UNH 52 GSU 13

Giving 13 points to GSU seems generous at this point.

VUCats02
October 2nd, 2012, 01:46 PM
Brown @ Rhody
UNH @ GSU
W&M @ Penn
Richmond @ Nova
Towson @ JMU
Maine @ Delaware

ODU Oldtimer
October 2nd, 2012, 02:55 PM
HailSzczur;1857412]Since there wasn't one started yet, here's my picks for the week

I think your justifications and analysis of the games are concise and show good insight.

I have my own opinion so here we go!

Brown 17 @ Rhode Island 14
UNH 42 @ GSU 10
William and Mary 28 @ Penn 10
Richmond 38 @ Villanova 17
Towson 24 @ Jame Madison 21
Delaware 41 @ Maine 14

NO Home court advantage this week.

My speculation for a Sat. shake up.................

I might go 0 - 6 might hit it out of the ballpark.

HailSzczur
October 2nd, 2012, 03:05 PM

Impossible as long as GaSt is in the CAA still

kdinva
October 2nd, 2012, 03:21 PM
Brown 20 @ Rhode Island 14
New Hampshire 48 @ Georgia State 13
William & Mary 23 @ Penn 19
Richmond 27 @ Villanova 30
Towson 28 @ Jame Madison 26
Maine 13 @ Delaware 38

ODU Oldtimer
October 2nd, 2012, 03:36 PM
Impossible as long as GaSt is in the CAA still

OK 1 - 5

I think the next few years for GA State will be more than a bumpy ride. It looks like a road filled with boulders. Maybe even a rover landing on the moon with a few craters in their path.

I just hope ODU rides over a few pebbles......but I see some rocks ahead.

Go Monarchs

Tuscon
October 2nd, 2012, 03:50 PM
These pick 'ems are my favorite threads on AGS. Always good comments.

eiu1999
October 2nd, 2012, 04:14 PM
Brown @ Rhode Island
UNH @ GSU
W&M @ Penn
Richmond @ Nova
Towson @ JMU
Maine @ Delaware

caribbeanhen
October 2nd, 2012, 07:50 PM
HailSzczur;1857412]Since there wasn't one started yet, here's my picks for the week

I think your justifications and analysis of the games are concise and show good insight.

I have my own opinion so here we go!

Brown 17 @ Rhode Island 14
UNH 42 @ GSU 10
William and Mary 28 @ Penn 10
Richmond 38 @ Villanova 17
Towson 24 @ Jame Madison 21
Delaware 41 @ Maine 14

My speculation for a Sat. shake up.................

41 points for Delaware .... wow.... I'll take 24

HensRock
October 2nd, 2012, 08:04 PM
Delaware 41 @ Maine 14

UD is at home.

HailSzczur
October 2nd, 2012, 09:44 PM
41 points for Delaware .... wow.... I'll take 24

Pierce is going to have a huge game on Saturday. We walked all over Maine running the ball, averaging 6 yds/carry. We only attempted 4 passes in the entire 2nd half. I can see Delaware scoring a bit this weekend

The Cats
October 2nd, 2012, 09:56 PM
Brown @ Rhode Island
UNH @ GSU
William and Mary @ Penn
Richmond @ Villanova
Towson @ Jame Madison
Delaware @ Maine

ODUalum78
October 3rd, 2012, 12:33 AM
Brown @ URI 27-20 URI works hard to remain winless in order to maintain the integrity of it's showdown of the winless with Georgia St.

Towson @ JMU 31-20 JMU RB DeQuan Scott; will he play? In any event he likely won't be 100%. Offense suspect without him, as he sets up the pass, and Towson has a very good defense, both run and pass. Towson ain't URI. Additionally, if DB Titus Till doesn't play or is not 100%, look for Enders to make some yardage passing long. In any event, while JMU defense may be the best against the run in the CAA, they play soft underneath coverage, allowing for short passes. With West keeping them honest, look for Enders to march down the field with ball control short to medium passing.

Maine @ UD 17-34 UD too much for a "down"(east) Maine on both sides of the ball. (any boaters out there?)

W&M @ Penn 21-14 William an Mary continues it's record setting streak; at 2 games. but it may be very close. W&M defense carries the day.
EDIT: I heard that Ortiz may not play because of concussion symptoms. If that is the case the game is a toss up.

Richmond @ Villanova 31-24 UR just a little too much for a vastly improved Villanova. Andy Talley is one of the best coaches in all of FCS, and VU at home, so it will be close.

UNH @ GaSt 52-6 Really? Georgia State is really going FBS; and not DIII or NAIA?

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 3rd, 2012, 07:06 AM
Watching the JMU press conference from Monday, I feel very good about JMU vs. Towson. No, Scott and Till are not 100%. I think Till might play, but Scott likely out another week or two. But to think that the offense or defense revolves around either of these players is a mistake. There are others right there to pick it up. No, they will not be as good, but I do believe good enough. What I like is that the coach has recognized the need for blocking on offense, which LSU struggled to do, and the need for the defense to get QB pressure, which to date we have not done as well as usual. With an extra week to work on these things, and practicing with Tyler Snow at DT, I suspect the team will be up to the task in front of a packed crowd of 25K.

Towson is a team we just seem to have a knack for beating, and think this continues on Saturday. It really did not seem like LSU took them seriously. Only turnovers made it look close, even if Towson did play a hell of a game, which they did against such a strong SEC team. Once LSU woke up in the 2nd half it was over, and again, that's not to take away from the effort the team put in last Saturday.

Minimize stupid mistakes and JMU wins. If we give it to them, they will take it and run with it. No margin for error in this game!

bluehenbillk
October 3rd, 2012, 09:38 AM
Brown 30 URI 16 - Bears aren't that bad and URI, well...they get GSU next week!!!
TU 19 JMU 17 - Tigers need this game more than the Dukes, not sold on JMU minus Scott
UD 27 Maine 17 - Hens muddle through, hopefully put up better O stats this week
Penn 17 W&M 13 - QB play costs unmotivated Tribe, hungrier Penn team pulls "upset"
VU 28 UR 23 - Both teams have surprised to date, but UR continues to fade on road
UNH 51 GSU 7 - BAM! This puppy will be over halfway thru the 2Q

melloware13
October 4th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Since there wasn't one started yet, here's my picks for the week

I appologize for not being as active this week, 3 exams in 1 week (2 on Tuesday) is no fun. My Picks:

Brown @ Rhode Island 1:00 PM
William & Mary @ Penn 3:30 PM
Richmond @ Villanova 6:00 PM
Towson @ James Madison 1:00 PM NBC SPORTS NETWORK
Maine @ Delaware 3:30 PM CSN-MA+/CSN-NE/TCN-P/CSN-CH/CSN-CA/CSN-NW

tribefan40
October 4th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Brown @ Rhode Island - Don't know much about either team, but I'll go with the Rams.
UNH @ GSU - I'm thinking UNH could put up 100 here if they tried.
William and Mary @ Penn - A bit less confidence without Ortiz, but I think the Tribe has enough defense to take this regardless.
Richmond @ Villanova - Good, tight game.
Towson @ James Madison - I'll take the Dukes in the game of the week.
Delaware @ Maine - Pierce should have a good day.

JMUNJ08
October 5th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Tough week for the Home teams. All do have a shot at winning...except GSU...

Brown @ Rhode Island
UNH @ GSU
William and Mary @ Penn
Richmond @ Villanova
Towson @ Jame Madison
Delaware @ Maine

paward
October 5th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Here is my take

Brown @ Rhode Island Close until the last quarter
UNH @ GSU this game will get butt ugly quick
William and Mary @ Penn Ship righting time
Richmond @ Villanova Fingers crossed on this one
Towson @ James Madison It is spelled James and they will prevail
Delaware @ Maine Debatable but no upset here

caribbeanhen
October 6th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Pierce is going to have a huge game on Saturday. We walked all over Maine running the ball, averaging 6 yds/carry. We only attempted 4 passes in the entire 2nd half. I can see Delaware scoring a bit this weekend

hope your right, but I am not as optimistic - after Maine whipped us last year the coach admitted that they had Delaware's offense wired down

caribbeanhen
October 6th, 2012, 06:41 PM
and a year later..... more of the same.... QB sacked about 8 times today

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 6th, 2012, 08:09 PM
What I like is that the coach has recognized the need for blocking on offense, which LSU struggled to do, and the need for the defense to get QB pressure, which to date we have not done as well as usual. With an extra week to work on these things, and practicing with Tyler Snow at DT, I suspect the team will be up to the task in front of a packed crowd of 25K.

So our coaches knew what to do but still failed to put together a plan to counter. JMU wins primarily because of the three turnovers.

Tribal
October 7th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Brown @ Rhody
UNH @ GSU
W&M @ Penn
Richmond @ Nova
Towson @ JMU
Maine @ Delaware

Stay as far away from Vegas as you can. Worst picks of all time...no credit for picking UNH over GA St.

caribbeanhen
October 8th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Stay as far away from Vegas as you can. Worst picks of all time...no credit for picking UNH over GA St.

where are your picks?