PDA

View Full Version : For Furman fans.

catamount man
July 29th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Wonder why you guys have never played North Greenville College, now University? 5 miles up the road in Tigerville. Just curious. Seems like y'all would've thrown them a bone by now. See ya September 23rd!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

fuEMO
July 29th, 2006, 02:35 PM
good question… a little background. NGC and Furman have been connected for many years due to SC Southern Baptist Covention. Jimmy Epting president of NGC and the man responsible for the schools turnaround and growth is an ex-director of The Paladin Club.

Throw out school connections and history between the schools. I see zero benefit for Furman to play NGC. South Carolina has some solid small college teams like PC and Newberry. NGC is IMO a huge notch below. But I couldn't see SoCon schools playing at GW, and look who's made visits to Boiling Springs.

catamount man
July 30th, 2006, 08:54 AM
good question… a little background. NGC and Furman have been connected for many years due to SC Southern Baptist Covention. Jimmy Epting president of NGC and the man responsible for the schools turnaround and growth is an ex-director of The Paladin Club.

Throw out school connections and history between the schools. I see zero benefit for Furman to play NGC. South Carolina has some solid small college teams like PC and Newberry. NGC is IMO a huge notch below. But I couldn't see SoCon schools playing at GW, and look who's made visits to Boiling Springs.

No doubt. I'm asking because NGU is now Division II and from what I've heard, want to get into the South Atlantic Conference once PC leaves. Just curious.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

OL FU
July 30th, 2006, 09:02 AM
No doubt. I'm asking because NGU is now Division II and from what I've heard, want to get into the South Atlantic Conference once PC leaves. Just curious.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

How long have they been division II? And how well will do they compete with PC's of the world. Furman usually plays a D-II when they pay a I-A. But I don't think we have interest in playing one that has a score of 50-0 the first qtr (not saying it would be that, I just don't know enough about North Greenville)

Coastal89
July 30th, 2006, 09:09 AM
How long have they been division II? And how well will do they compete with PC's of the world. Furman usually plays a D-II when they pay a I-A. But I don't think we have interest in playing one that has a score of 50-0 the first qtr (not saying it would be that, I just don't know enough about North Greenville)
Coastal has play NGU twice. won 49-39 in 03 and 58-7 in 04 but the halftime score was something like 44-0 in that game.

OL FU
July 30th, 2006, 10:18 AM
Coastal has play NGU twice. won 49-39 in 03 and 58-7 in 04 but the halftime score was something like 44-0 in that game.

I think that is probably the reason Furman has not play NGC:nod:

I don't think that game would like we threw them a bone.:rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh:

ASU Kep
July 30th, 2006, 02:51 PM

Yah, games like that just aren't very exciting. ASU played this one team last year and we were up 30-0 at half. We felt so bad for em we let the lads score a FG just to get on the board. I went home and took a nap. :bang: :D

SoCon48
July 30th, 2006, 07:04 PM
That's even sadder than that cripple, Manchester, CCU played last year.:rolleyes:

Even Charleston Southern beat em 55-7 in '04.
Poor guys.

nick9c
July 31st, 2006, 11:34 PM
Yah, games like that just aren't very exciting. ASU played this one team last year and we were up 30-0 at half. We felt so bad for em we let the lads score a FG just to get on the board. I went home and took a nap. :bang: :D

Wasn't that a Division II team you played? They looked pretty pathetic that day.. xlolx