PDA

View Full Version : #7 EWU vs. UND Game Thread

Screamin_Eagle174
October 1st, 2012, 10:53 PM
http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/31628074929178706416.png VS. http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/04100469734379550014.png
#7 Eastern Washington Eagles 3-1 (2-0 BSC) vs. The University of North Dakota 3-2 (1-1 BSC)

Saturday, Oct. 6, 2012 • 5:05 p.m. Pacific
Roos Field (8,600) • Cheney, Wash.

TV: Televised in Eastern Washington by SWX - SWX Digital 6.2 in Spokane, 25.3 in the Tri-Cities & 23.3 in the Yakima area; Comcast 115; Time Warner 306; Charter 287, Cable One 466; Davis Cable 514; Northland Cable 115 (Greg Heister, Bill Ames)
Radio: http://spokaneradio.com/player/kxlxam.html
Webcast: http://b2tv.com/upcoming_events.asp?q=v&value=bigsky

The Eagles, ranked seventh in this week’s Sports Network NCAA Football Championship Subdivision Top 25 poll, are 3-1 overall and 2-0 in the Big Sky Conference after last week’s come-from-behind 32-26 win over then 21st-ranked Montana at Roos Field. Aided by a successful onside kick, the Eagles scored two touchdowns in the final 2:19, as those scores came within 1:26 of each other.

This week’s opponent is North Dakota, a team Eastern is playing for the first time in school history. Now playing without a nickname, UND is 3-2 overall and 1-1 in its first season in the Big Sky Conference. North Dakota is coming off a 35-17 home loss to then 23rd-ranked Cal Poly, which vaulted to 20th in this week’s rankings.

Eastern is no stranger to first-ever meetings against teams from the Dakotas. Two years ago, in the first-ever meeting with North Dakota State in the FCS Playoffs, the Eagles survived for a 38-31 overtime victory in the semifinals. Eastern went on to win the 2010 national title and NDSU won the championship in 2011.

This week’s game will feature two of the top 20 offenses in FCS. North Dakota enters as the Big Sky leader and eighth nationally with an average of 478.6 yards per game, and UND also leads the league and is sixth in FCS in scoring offense (40.8). Eastern is 19th in FCS in total offense (446.3), but is just 56th in scoring (26.0).

The Eagles will probably need to shore up its suddenly porous rush defense – North Dakota is 28th nationally and fourth in the Big Sky with an average of 191.8 yards per game. Cal Poly, EWU’s non-conference opponent on Nov. 3, had 405 a year ago versus the Eagles and is leading the BSC this season with a 326.3 average per game.

North Dakota quarterback Marcus Hendrickson will be tough to stop, as he ranks 10th in FCS and second in the league in total offense (286.0), with 1,246 yards passing and 183 rushing thus far. He is also eighth nationally and tops in the league in passing efficiency, completing 58 percent of his passes for 14 touchdowns and just three interceptions.

Defensively, North Dakota is 88th in FCS in total defense (415.8) and is 99th in rushing defense (221.2). Eastern, meanwhile, is 74th in total defense (391.8) and 77th in rushing defense (185.8).

http://goeags.com/sports/m-footbl/2012-13/Releases/12fbOct1NorthDakota

Hambone
October 1st, 2012, 10:55 PM
Not much defense to be played in this one it looks like.....

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 1st, 2012, 11:12 PM
UND is a good team, boarder line top 25. Unfortunately, that's not good enough to beat EWU on the road.

The Eagles are on a collision course with the Bobcats in Bozeman in two weeks.

From a phone

Screamin_Eagle174
October 1st, 2012, 11:19 PM
Agreed with both comments. This should be a fun game to watch with lots of offense. Hopefully we can get the win without any more injuries, and get a couple LBs healthy for MSU... we've lost 3 already. xchinscratchx

Right now I'll tentatively say 42-35 EWU.

Interesting note though: EWU is 28th in scoring defense, the only one that matters.

WeAreNorthDakota
October 2nd, 2012, 01:16 AM
I generally don't pick against my boys as I'm an eternal optimist but I'm going EWU 49-38. Gonna be a ton of offensive fireworks but I just don't see our defense getting a stop when they need it.

kalm
October 2nd, 2012, 06:42 AM
Yup. This will be an old school BSC type game. +/-92

darell1976
October 2nd, 2012, 08:10 AM
Not to many (if any) UND fans are picking us to win and I am not one of them, I just hope our defense at least gives us a chance to stay in the game.

EWU 52
UND 28

If our defense shows up 24-17 EWU.

BlueKeyAlum
October 2nd, 2012, 09:32 AM
Not to many (if any) UND fans are picking us to win and I am not one of them, I just hope our defense at least gives us a chance to stay in the game.

EWU 52
UND 28

Wish I wasn't working and could drive up for this one. Lots of passing in this game. Secondary defense may decide the issue. Baldwin has the Eags playing well and this year, unlike last year, I believe the team isn't hit by the injury bug. I hope it's high scoring and I do see Eags pulling away in the 4th.

Hambone
October 2nd, 2012, 09:41 AM
Prior to this year, I pegged this one as a definite L due to the thoughts that EWU is a prolific passing team and UND's pass defense was terrible. Of course, I thought that our rush defense would be okay, and we'd put more stock in running the ball. With the way this year has gone, I really have no idea what's going to happen. I'm looking forward to seeing the boys play on the red turf, and hoping for a victory. I'm going to go all homer on this one, and say UND wins a close one at 38-31. :)

Screamin_Eagle174
October 4th, 2012, 12:10 AM
By the numbers:

PASSING OFFENSE vs. OPPOSING PASSING DEFENSE
EWU: 308 ypg vs. 194 ypg
UND: 287 ypg vs. 206 ypg

RUSHING OFFENSE vs. OPPOSING RUSHING DEFENSE
EWU: 138 ypg/3.7 ypc vs. 221 ypg/5.6 ypc
UND: 192 ypg/5.0 ypc vs. 186 ypg/4.9 ypc

SCORING OFFENSE vs. OPPOSING SCORING DEFENSE
EWU: 26 ppg vs. 27 ppg
UND: 41 ppg vs. 20 ppg

TURNOVER MARGIN
EWU: +1 pg
UND: +0 pg

darell1976
October 4th, 2012, 07:43 AM
By the numbers:

RUSHING OFFENSE vs. OPPOSING RUSHING DEFENSE
EWU: 138 ypg/3.7 ypc vs. 221 ypg/5.6 ypc
UND: 192 ypg/5.0 ypc vs. 186 ypg/4.9 ypc

How much could this stat play in the game? If UND's rushing attack shows up there goes the T.O.P., and if UND shuts down the EWU passing attack it could be a huge swing in things.

UNDColorado
October 4th, 2012, 10:04 AM
All I can say at this point is that this should be a fun game to watch. Lots of offense and little defense.

ALso, it will be interesting to see how UND stacks up to a team of this caliber.

darell1976
October 4th, 2012, 10:56 AM
All I can say at this point is that this should be a fun game to watch. Lots of offense and little defense.

ALso, it will be interesting to see how UND stacks up to a team of this caliber.

I am glad UND is playing high profile schools like these instead of those DII/NAIA teams during transition. I don't miss those games at all. Hype is finally back for UND football. Next season at home we get South Dakota State, Montana (nc), Montana State and Eastern Washington (among 3 others). How fun to see those teams in the Alerus Center.

darell1976
October 4th, 2012, 11:18 AM
http://www.5dimes.eu/livelines/livelines.aspx#al_22

UND
EWU -10

Screamin_Eagle174
October 4th, 2012, 01:38 PM
How much could this stat play in the game? If UND's rushing attack shows up there goes the T.O.P., and if UND shuts down the EWU passing attack it could be a huge swing in things.

It could mean a lower scoring game, with both teams running a lot more, as both are pretty bad against the run. I hope to see Adams absolutely gash your D with big runs and then deliver kill shots into the endzone with 6'5 "Big Time" Kaufman. xcoolx

Also, no one shuts down our passing attack. xlolx

darell1976
October 4th, 2012, 04:06 PM
I saw this on Facebook:
http://instagram.com/p/QX-5JntcLQ/

Simulating the red turf at Roos Field for today's practice at the Hyslop ... Two days til kickoff at No. 7 Eastern Washington.

Hyslop Sports Center is where UND used to play basketball.

bojeta
October 4th, 2012, 04:10 PM
I've got a feeling we're gonna see an upset on the red turf this weekend....

bobcathpdevil56
October 4th, 2012, 04:13 PM

I was thinking the same thing. Trap game for the Eagles

ursus arctos horribilis
October 4th, 2012, 04:13 PM

Same feeling here.

BisonHype!
October 4th, 2012, 04:14 PM
This needs a game thread? EWU in a blowout....

darell1976
October 4th, 2012, 04:17 PM

xrolleyesx

Screamin_Eagle174
October 4th, 2012, 05:05 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Trap game for the Eagles

Thinking, or hoping?

While possible, I highly doubt giving up 533 yards the week prior to facing the #1 offense in the BSC will lull our guys into a sense of complacency. Baldwin made it a point to the players to review the game film as if they had lost... there's a lot to correct. Hopefully we get some LBs back for this game, and win by a couple of scores instead of just one. xthumbsupx

darell1976
October 4th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Thinking, or hoping?

While possible, I highly doubt giving up 533 yards the week prior to facing the #1 offense in the BSC will lull our guys into a sense of complacency. Baldwin made it a point to the players to review the game film as if they had lost... there's a lot to correct. Hopefully we get some LBs back for this game, and win by a couple of scores instead of just one. xthumbsupx

I think everyone is focused on every conference game due to the importance of the game. If we were a DII team then we would be overlooked.

344Johnson
October 4th, 2012, 05:44 PM
I'll take EWU by 14. Wouldn't be shocked to see UND win though.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 4th, 2012, 05:52 PM

I guess you don't understand the value and fuction of a game thread. It's great to be able to pop on and check the scores when you can't get the game or are watching another.

What do you consider a blowout? How much are you willing to put on it? We might be able to come to an arrangement.

Grizalltheway
October 4th, 2012, 06:00 PM
I guess you don't understand the value and fuction of a game thread. It's great to be able to pop on and check the scores when you can't get the game or are watching another.

What do you consider a blowout? How much are you willing to put on it? We might be able to come to an arrangement.

The Eastern team I watched in person last weekend won't be blowing out many teams, and definitely not a quality one like UND. I want in on that action, too.xnodx

darell1976
October 4th, 2012, 06:02 PM

Didn't people learn from the Cal Poly-UND thread. You put UND in the title and all of a sudden...here comes the Herd.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 4th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Didn't people learn from the Cal Poly-UND thread. You put UND in the title and all of a sudden...here comes the Herd.

That's fine. He hasn't done anything that any other fan bases don't do with it's rivals. It's when you and them have to go back and forth and turn it into a"Faison said this" and "who gives a flying f said/did that back in 2001" kind of thing is utterly stupid.

Everybody gets little random drive by's it's the way you guys think a mole hill is a mountain that gets old.

UND will show up on NDSU threads, NDSU will take a shot on UND threads. It's the way it is so get used to it cuz it happens everywhere. It just doesn't normally have to consume an entire thread every god damn time one of you guys feels slighted.

You guys are not greater rivals you just have the thinnest f'n skin I've ever seen.

darell1976
October 4th, 2012, 06:26 PM
That's fine. He hasn't done anything that any other fan bases don't do with it's rivals. It's when you and them have to go back and forth and turn it into a"Faison said this" and "who gives a flying f said/did that back in 2001" kind of thing is utterly stupid.

Everybody gets little random drive by's it's the way you guys think a mole hill is a mountain that gets old.

UND will show up on NDSU threads, NDSU will take a shot on UND threads. It's the way it is so get used to it cuz it happens everywhere. It just doesn't normally have to consume an entire thread every god damn time one of you guys feels slighted.

You guys are not greater rivals you just have the thinnest f'n skin I've ever seen.

I have no problem with Bison fans if they come on to a thread that has nothing to do with them and contribute something worth while like 344johnson did in post #24, but when you have a Bison come on and say why have this thread...EWU in a blowout. He isn't going to say its due to passing or this and that, its about UND plain and simple. Its tiring. I didn't go on their thread and simply say why do they need a game thread YSU in a blowout. I would have been crusified.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 4th, 2012, 06:33 PM
I have no problem with Bison fans if they come on to a thread that has nothing to do with them and contribute something worth while like 344johnson did in post #24, but when you have a Bison come on and say why have this thread...EWU in a blowout. He isn't going to say its due to passing or this and that, its about UND plain and simple. Its tiring. I didn't go on their thread and simply say why do they need a game thread YSU in a blowout. I would have been crusified.

Why do you need to take part in it if you know what the end game is?

So what if they do a little drive by, or you do a little drive by once in a while. Why always acknowledge and partake in it? Just offer up a bet and see who takes part if you feel what was said is over the top then make them stand by it and put something on the line.

Let's not carry on further with this here as now we are derailing it ourselves discussing what normally derails it.

Wilson16
October 4th, 2012, 07:41 PM

You have summed darrell up perfectly with that line.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 4th, 2012, 07:51 PM
You have summed darrell up perfectly with that line.

Actually, it is not just darrel, I see the same thing from a lot of NDSU guys as well. I was speaking of both sides in that post.

Wilson16
October 4th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Actually, it is not just darrel, I see the same thing from a lot of NDSU guys as well. I was speaking of both sides in that post.

Agreed but Darrel thinks you're not contributing if you take any kind of shot at his precious team. He is always qiuck to point out that he never goes on their website and does it so it should be forbidden here. Grow a pair is what I say.

Bisonoline
October 4th, 2012, 09:57 PM

How can I help you? Sorry. Couldnt resist.:)

Screamin_Eagle174
October 4th, 2012, 11:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-0uoTHI

Screamin_Eagle174
October 5th, 2012, 12:47 AM
Spokesman-Review (Jim Allen)
Eagles must get defensive (http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2012/oct/03/eagles-must-get-defensive/) (10/3)
Hardin gives North Dakota extra firepower (http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2012/oct/04/hardin-gives-north-dakota-extra-firepower/) (10/4)
Adams moves to head of class with Eagles (http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2012/oct/04/adams-moves-head-class-eagles/) (10/5)

Grand Forks Herald (Wayne Nelson and Tim Miller) *
Injury bug hits team entering Eastern Washington matchup (http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/246199/group/Sports/) (10/2)
UND FOOTBALL: Defense switching gears (http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/246288/group/und%20sports/) (10/3)
UND FOOTBALL: Next four games against some of FCS' toughest teams (http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/246350/group/und%20sports/) (10/4)

*If the links are redirecting you to register for their site, right click the page and "save as" before it redirects, and you should be able to stay on the page and read the article without registering.

UND Athletics
Game Notes: Red turf, new foe next up for UND (http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=58640&SPID=6399&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205703555&DB_OEM_ID=13500)

KXLY
VIDEO: Eastern's Adams fancy footwork always on display (http://www.kxly.com/sports/Eastern-s-Adams-fancy-footwork-always-on-display/-/100918/16849982/-/tjcw0az/-/index.html) (10/3)

MTfan4life
October 5th, 2012, 01:52 AM
Agreed but Darrel thinks you're not contributing if you take any kind of shot at his precious team. He is always qiuck to point out that he never goes on their website and does it so it should be forbidden here. Grow a pair is what I say.

This is what makes this circle so never ending. Ursus points out that both NDSU and UND users do the same exact trolling, and then in response to an ursus post, yep, you guessed it, an NDSU poster does some more complaining about darell. Growing a pair would be ignoring darell and yet you're here on a ewu vs. und thread to post only about darell. I think you need to look in the mirror and tell yourself to grow a pair if you feel the need to follow darell in here and tell him the same.

THE HERD
October 5th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Hey Eagle fans..question for ya and no smack intended. Aren't you worried about your lack of a running game and also your lack of ability to stop the run? Maybe you'll be getting some of these injured LB's back and that will shore up your run D. I don't think you'll go very far in the playoffs if those two things don't improve somewhat.

F'N Hawks
October 5th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Hey Eagle fans..question for ya and no smack intended. Aren't you worried about your lack of a running game and also your lack of ability to stop the run? Maybe you'll be getting some of these injured LB's back and that will shore up your run D. I don't think you'll go very far in the playoffs if those two things don't improve somewhat.
One of the many experts from god's gift to FCS football has spoken. You are not going very far in the playoffs - sorry Eagle fans.

No_Skill
October 5th, 2012, 09:49 AM
One of the many experts from god's gift to FCS football has spoken. You are not going very far in the playoffs - sorry Eagle fans.

Vicious circle...isn't it.

Wilson16
October 5th, 2012, 09:49 AM
This is what makes this circle so never ending. Ursus points out that both NDSU and UND users do the same exact trolling, and then in response to an ursus post, yep, you guessed it, an NDSU poster does some more complaining about darell. Growing a pair would be ignoring darell and yet you're here on a ewu vs. und thread to post only about darell. I think you need to look in the mirror and tell yourself to grow a pair if you feel the need to follow darell in here and tell him the same.

I think you're doing exactly what you're accusing me of with this post. Added to the circle didn't ya?

THE HERD
October 5th, 2012, 09:50 AM

Its just a real football question for the Eagle fans, nothing less, nothing more, but if you want to be a smartass about it so be it.

darell1976
October 5th, 2012, 10:09 AM

He has a point though. If you can't run or stop the run you are going to struggle in the playoffs.

F'N Hawks
October 5th, 2012, 10:36 AM
He has a point though. If you can't run or stop the run you are going to struggle in the playoffs.

I think everyone knows that, unless you can pass and keep up that way. They just won the National Championship two years ago. I don't think people need to remind their FANS about what they do wrong and what they need to do right to win it all.

kalm
October 5th, 2012, 10:48 AM

Yes, I'm worried. More so about the ability to stop the run and with Minnerly's injury at safety than our ability to run. Our passing hasn't really been stopped in quite awhile now so we'll always get points through the air. But we do have to run it enough to give our defense a break too. I think we still have that ability this year. Especially with Adams at the helm. But yes, we need to get healthy at LB. I'm guessing 8-3 with a shoot out nearly every game is the reality. But a few breaks here and there or tightening up on D and things could be even better.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 5th, 2012, 11:29 AM
I think everyone knows that, unless you can pass and keep up that way. They just won the National Championship two years ago. I don't think people need to remind their FANS about what they do wrong and what they need to do right to win it all.

It's a real question and it was posed to the EWU guys for their opinion. So what if they just won a championship? It is a big problem in the playoffs when you face off against a power team.

Won't answer for the EWU guys but I am fairly sure that going into the Montana game EWU was leading the BSC in run defense. They ain't crappy in the middle if that's what everyone has gotten out of this last game. They were just down a little in the middle last week and Montana has the kind of O Line to be able to exploit that. Now I don't know what they are getting back in there this week but I doubt you will see that again.

darell1976
October 5th, 2012, 11:51 AM
It's a real question and it was posed to the EWU guys for their opinion. So what if they just won a championship? It is a big problem in the playoffs when you face off against a power team.

Won't answer for the EWU guys but I am fairly sure that going into the Montana game EWU was leading the BSC in run defense. They ain't crappy in the middle if that's what everyone has gotten out of this last game. They were just down a little in the middle last week and Montana has the kind of O Line to be able to exploit that. Now I don't know what they are getting back in there this week but I doubt you will see that again.

Has there been a NC team with an average to poor running game or rushing defense?

Screamin_Eagle174
October 5th, 2012, 12:49 PM

Not too worried about our run game... it's not as bad as people think. Last year was bad, this year we're averaging about 140 on the ground per game, compared to about 80 last year. Run D was ranked 3rd heading into the UM (Ursus' point still stands), allowing only about 110 per game. We had 2 or 3 LBs go down in the Weber game. There's been no word about one of them (McCarthy), JC Agen will be back this week, and Zach Johnson is day to day with a hamstring. Outside of Cal Poly, we won't really face a predominantly run-heavy team like UM, who was obviously looking to limit Trent McKinney's poor accuracy and propensity to turn the ball over when passing a lot. Concerned yes, worried, no.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 5th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Has there been a NC team with an average to poor running game or rushing defense?

Well, speaking only from Montana's standpoint up until 2000-2001 defense was pretty much an afterthought so in 1995 our defense was decent, not great during the season. But once they hit the playoffs the Griz D was just lights out.

During the season, in conference play, you would not have thought they were anything to write home about. Things change once the playoffs start sometimes. What looked exploitable is suddenly completely solid for some teams.

Hell you would have never thought that EWU's D(though solid w/BB in there) would stand toe to toe with Delaware, or even Villanova going into the playoffs in 2010 but they sure did.

darell1976
October 5th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Well, speaking only from Montana's standpoint up until 2000-2001 defense was pretty much an afterthought so in 1995 our defense was decent, not great during the season. But once they hit the playoffs the Griz D was just lights out.

During the season, in conference play, you would not have thought they were anything to write home about. Things change once the playoffs start sometimes. What looked exploitable is suddenly completely solid for some teams.

Hell you would have never thought that EWU's D(though solid w/BB in there) would stand toe to toe with Delaware, or even Villanova going into the playoffs in 2010 but they sure did.

UND has been historically known as a strong rushing defense and a powerful rushing offense. We aren't known for our passing game, and although we do quite well against the pass the last two years have really been disappointing.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 5th, 2012, 01:45 PM
UND has been historically known as a strong rushing defense and a powerful rushing offense. We aren't known for our passing game, and although we do quite well against the pass the last two years have really been disappointing.

If your corners and safeties could have some sort of a fishing net or something to throw on Kaufman and company you will have more luck. It's not legal but just take the penalty and be done with it.xlolx

deez_na
October 5th, 2012, 02:13 PM

What happened to the strong rush defense against Cal? They lit you up. They only passed like 5 times the entire game and you couldn't stop them.

darell1976
October 5th, 2012, 02:16 PM
What happened to the strong rush defense against Cal? They lit you up. They only passed like 5 times the entire game and you couldn't stop them.

You got me. I thought the strength of the defense was against the run. Cal Poly runs that option that NDSU knows a little about...the veer. That thing is impossible to defend. You have to be on your A game to overcome it...and UND didn't.

deez_na
October 5th, 2012, 02:26 PM
You got me. I thought the strength of the defense was against the run. Cal Poly runs that option that NDSU knows a little about...the veer. That thing is impossible to defend. You have to be on your A game to overcome it...and UND didn't.

True, they just flat out needed to worry about the run and less about the pass, every 3rd down they would give up a big first down when you knew they were running it. And sorry to say but I'm not a fan of Mussman at all either.

darell1976
October 5th, 2012, 02:33 PM
True, they just flat out needed to worry about the run and less about the pass, every 3rd down they would give up a big first down when you knew they were running it. And sorry to say but I'm not a fan of Mussman at all either.

I wasn't during transition. I did wanted him gone after our 3-8 season in 2010. But with a conference title last year I am giving him a chance in a real conference (so did UND by giving him a 3 year extension).

kalm
October 5th, 2012, 06:27 PM

That's some quality analysis right there mixed in with historical perspective.

We didn't really know how good our defense was until after the chipper was over. If you have enough of a run game to keep it honest and playmakers on D, you can win it all.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 6th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Bump. Heading out.

darell1976
October 6th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Bump. Heading out.

Wish I was there. Oh well I got a radio (WDAY 970AM here in Fargo) and also Big Sky TV. I think we are in for an offensive treat.

WeAreNorthDakota
October 6th, 2012, 06:07 PM

Historically we have a strong rush defense. This year not so much. We're getting absolutely gashed by opposing running games which is not something UND fans are used to seeing.

mmiller_34
October 6th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Anyone have the link to the Big Sky TV stream?

Edit: nevermind I found it.

darell1976
October 6th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Anyone have the link to the Big Sky TV stream?

http://b2tv.com/upcoming_events.asp?q=v&value=bigsky

mmiller_34
October 6th, 2012, 06:13 PM
http://b2tv.com/upcoming_events.asp?q=v&value=bigsky

Thanks Darell.

darell1976
October 6th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Thanks Darell.

Your welcome.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 6th, 2012, 06:28 PM
I'm torn on this one....

I have a major soft spot for UND but I would love to see a Top 5 showdown in Bozeman next week.

darell1976
October 6th, 2012, 07:06 PM
EWU gets the ball first.

darell1976
October 6th, 2012, 07:09 PM
EWU 3 and out.

mmiller_34
October 6th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Big sky TV not working for me. don't know where to click to bring the stream up

darell1976
October 6th, 2012, 07:12 PM
You have to install the two plug ins on the left side of the screen, also need to register too.

darell1976
October 6th, 2012, 07:13 PM
UND 2nd and goal fromt the 5. Running really well so far.

mmiller_34
October 6th, 2012, 07:14 PM
I thought you guys said Big Sky TV was free? I have to put in a billing address?

darell1976
October 6th, 2012, 07:15 PM
TD UND!!!!! 3yd run by Mitch Sutton

10:30 1Q

UND 7
EWU 0

darell1976
October 6th, 2012, 07:15 PM
I thought you guys said Big Sky TV was free? I have to put in a billing address?

It is free. You don't put any credit card number in.

darell1976
October 6th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Let the shootout begin....TD EWU XP blocked

9:23 1Q

UND 7
EWU 6

ursus arctos horribilis
October 6th, 2012, 07:21 PM

It is free. That is something that confuses people and must have something to do with another feature AmericaOne has beccause trust me it is free.

clenz
October 6th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Nice service...GIANT PAIN IN THE *** TO ACTUALLY USE

clenz
October 6th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Also, the red turf sucks ****...

Twentysix
October 6th, 2012, 07:26 PM
So I 'bought' this game like 6 times... it never shows up as a video popup or goes into my account as a purchased video??? what the hell? I installed Get one vision plugin.

darell1976
October 6th, 2012, 07:27 PM
UND 3 and out. EWU ball at the 36 of EWU.

7:43 1Q
UND 7
EWU 6

darell1976
October 6th, 2012, 07:31 PM
UND's secondary getting lit up TD EWU

5:05 1Q

UND 7
EWU 13

darell1976
October 6th, 2012, 07:33 PM
So I 'bought' this game like 6 times... it never shows up as a video popup or goes into my account as a purchased video??? what the hell? I installed Get one vision plugin.

Make sure the adobe flash is updated.

Twentysix
October 6th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Make sure the adobe flash is updated.

Where does the video even appear? Their demo videos work fine.

clenz
October 6th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Try this link

http://www.americaonesports.com/flashplayer/bigskyplayer.asp?s=1&aptid=41&g=&sg=

darell1976
October 6th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Where does the video even appear? Their demo videos work fine.

It should pop up in another tab

mmiller_34

I went through this process too. I had to sign in like eight times, then finally I stumbled into the 'right' place and it went.

darell1976
New QB for UND....Braden Hanson. Back from a broken bone in his leg.

darell1976
October 6th, 2012, 07:36 PM
I went through this process too. I had to sign in like eight times, then finally I stumbled into the 'right' place and it went.

It is a poor setup just to get to a game.

darell1976
October 6th, 2012, 07:38 PM
UND using both QB's now. UND is driving deep into EWU territory.

Twentysix
October 6th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Try this link

http://www.americaonesports.com/flashplayer/bigskyplayer.asp?s=1&aptid=41&g=&sg=

Well, that goes to my account page, and it says "
Your Account

You currently do not have any available packages registered to your account.

Schedule of Events

Click Schedule from the menu above to see a list of upcoming broadcasts.
"

I have 9 emails from donotreply@americaonesports that say I have successfully purchased the game idk what the eff.

Thanks for the attempt.

darell1976
October 6th, 2012, 07:41 PM
UND-37yd FG by Miller GOOD!!!

UND 10
EWU 13

1:09 1Q

darell1976
October 6th, 2012, 07:43 PM
EWU 100 yard KR TD

:56 1Q

UND 10
EWU 20

darell1976
October 6th, 2012, 07:47 PM
End of 1st Qtr

UND 10
EWU 20

UND's defense looks very bad. This is going to be a blowout unless a miracle happens.

Twentysix
October 6th, 2012, 07:50 PM
So I got the video up but its only the bottom 10%. An infinte HD screen saver thing is blocking 90% of the video..... I am not drunk enough to deal with this piece of ****.

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/7271/ewuvideo.png

darell1976
October 6th, 2012, 08:04 PM
TD-EWU

UND 10
EWU 27 2Q

Bronco
October 6th, 2012, 08:06 PM
6'5" receiver against 5'9" defender is tough

darell1976
October 6th, 2012, 08:21 PM
TD HANSON!!!!!

1:29 2Q

UND 17
EWU 27

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 6th, 2012, 08:27 PM
TD HANSON!!!!!

1:29 2Q

UND 17
EWU 27

Sounds like this game is going to end up 50ish to 40ish......

darell1976
October 6th, 2012, 08:28 PM
TD-EWU

:13 2Q

UND 17
EWU 34

darell1976
October 6th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Halftime

UND 17
EWU 34

UND's defense....pathetic.

darell1976
October 6th, 2012, 08:43 PM
The announcers from EWU feed on Big Sky tv just interviewed BSC commish Doug Fullerton, and he said the BSC is still in talks with the University of Idaho about rejoining the Big Sky.

darell1976
October 6th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Sounds like this game is going to end up 50ish to 40ish......

Just for Eastern Washington.:(

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 6th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Holy crap UND.....defense needs to step up.

EWU 41-17

Bisonator
October 6th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Do any BSC teams know how to play defense? Seems like all their games are shootouts.

darell1976
October 6th, 2012, 10:27 PM
I knew UND wasn't going to win this game, but if our defense plays like this we won't beat Northern Colorado. I will chalk this up as a learning tool and hope they can get things straightened out to at least make this a winning season, and hope that next year the defense improves. Hats off to EWU, they are just way to good to keep up with.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 7th, 2012, 12:52 AM
Finally a beat down! Haven't had a game like this since @PSU 2010. xnodx

MTfan4life
October 7th, 2012, 01:20 AM
Do any BSC teams know how to play defense? Seems like all their games are shootouts.

Pretty sure UC-Davis held South Dakota State to their lowest point total of the season. xcoffeex

The Big Sky is just very offensive heavy this season as a lot of the offensive production from 2011 returned this season.

I like how the thought is always that the defenses must be awful if a lot of points are scored instead of praising the offenses.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 7th, 2012, 01:24 AM

EWU allowing less than 20 pts a game. Same with Cal Poly.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 7th, 2012, 01:24 AM
EWU should be a about a TD favorite in Bozeman next week. They have been one of the more impressive teams this year imo.

I think the Bobcats will rise to the occasion and play at a high level. McGee will have to be awesome in order to win. EWU will put up a bunch of points. Should be an incredible atmosphere.

From a phone

MTfan4life
October 7th, 2012, 01:59 AM
EWU should be a about a TD favorite in Bozeman next week.

I hate MSU, but IMO, I don't agree with you on that. Montana State has only been arbitrarily bad this season; meaning people have expected them to win more than they have by some arbitrary assumption of the quality of each team they've played. The game is in Bozeman and they have looked pretty impressive on their home turf. They own a close win over a very solid underrated SFA team and an easy win over Northern Colorado. It will also be interesting to see how Eastern does against another team known for their rushing attack. MSU is favored by about 3 on this one in my mind.

word
October 7th, 2012, 03:03 AM

Some how Darrell won that game....just ask him. Nice game EWU!!!

Screamin_Eagle174
October 7th, 2012, 03:18 AM
I hate MSU, but IMO, I don't agree with you on that. Montana State has only been arbitrarily bad this season; meaning people have expected them to win more than they have by some arbitrary assumption of the quality of each team they've played. The game is in Bozeman and they have looked pretty impressive on their home turf. They own a close win over a very solid underrated SFA team and an easy win over Northern Colorado. It will also be interesting to see how Eastern does against another team known for their rushing attack. MSU is favored by about 3 on this one in my mind.

UND was averaging about 190 on the ground... we held them to 143, while putting up 290 ourselves. Then again, being down as much as they were, they had to throw. EWU will look to take advantage of a soft MSU secondary, much like we did against UM. Should be a similar type game. We knew UND was soft against the run, so our game plan was to run the ball, and run it some more against them.

Ted
October 7th, 2012, 03:57 AM
Just a case of a really good, young, well coached team letting one get away from them on the road. This team, as some were insisting last week, is still a playoff contender. No toe-to-toe from the coach today. Post game he was all business. He was a good, smart hire when we got him and is in the process of building a dynasty. Think NDSU 2009.

word
October 7th, 2012, 04:06 AM
Your right Ted, most big sky teams were just wishing you gave him a 10 year contract instead of 3. It just makes it easy.

Ted
October 7th, 2012, 04:11 AM
Love UND but not a fan. When they were unable to defend their identity I realized they were not the real deal for me.

I said "we" because coach Mussman is a gift to all of North Dakota and if anybody can bring UND back it is "The Coach"!

word
October 7th, 2012, 04:17 AM
Come on, throw better bait.

frozennorth
October 7th, 2012, 05:24 AM

ewu, cap poly and uc davis appear to be the strongest defenses in the sky, unless i missed someone or something.

Hambone
October 7th, 2012, 07:30 AM
ewu, cap poly and uc davis appear to be the strongest defenses in the sky, unless i missed someone or something.

That's likely accurate

F'N Hawks
October 7th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Just a case of a really good, young, well coached team letting one get away from them on the road. This team, as some were insisting last week, is still a playoff contender. No toe-to-toe from the coach today. Post game he was all business. He was a good, smart hire when we got him and is in the process of building a dynasty. Think NDSU 2009.
Moderators - looks like JBB is back again. Please dont make us put up with this crap all year.

Ted
October 7th, 2012, 08:12 AM
UND would still be in the playoff hunt if they hadn't scheduled an NAIA team. Was this a reversal of UND policy not to play non counters because it might cost them a national championship? The policy was announced on a state-wide news conference yrs ago, about the time other NCC schools were moving up.

Discuss:

CopperCat
October 7th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Adams has played well since he was named the starter. Having said that, he is still a freshman. I don't know that he has seen a DE to the caliber of Zach Minter yet this season but don't quote me in that. I see EWU getting some big plays from Kaufman, especially if he is matched up against Flowers. A shootout is very possible.

Ted
October 7th, 2012, 08:35 AM
I thought this game would be much closer. EWU is not a strong statistical team either, just a hair favorite over UND based on mathematical models. I haven't seen either team play but UND was unable to exploit any weakness and was unable to move the ball. EWU may be establishing themselves as a team that knows how to win without being overpowering except against inferior competition?

BlueKeyAlum
October 7th, 2012, 08:46 AM
I thought this game would be much closer. EWU is not a strong statistical team either, just a hair favorite over UND based on mathematical models. I haven't seen either team play but UND was unable to exploit any weakness and was unable to move the ball. EWU may be establishing themselves as a team that knows how to win without being overpowering except against inferior competition?

I haven't watched the current EWU team;friends who have and who are familiar with the NC team have noted that similarity. The Natty team had numerous come from behind wins that year and never said die. Games weren't always blow outs but they did what they could do to take care of business. I'm not certain of the current teams ability to come from behind on a regular business but Baldwin seems to havethem playing confidently again.

kalm
October 7th, 2012, 08:53 AM

Huh?

slostang
October 7th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Huh?

He is just fishing. Pay him no attention.

UNDColorado
October 7th, 2012, 10:51 AM
After witnessing our meltdown yesterday I have to think we are in for a long season. EWU is a great team, but we kind of peed down our own leg. Very hard to watch and I do not see our defense making the necessary improvements needed to at least compete.

Oh well, time to get ready for ski season!

F'N Hawks
October 7th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Huh?

Its JBB the sociopath Bison fan obsessed with UND.

kalm
October 7th, 2012, 12:01 PM

Ahhhh. Thought I recognized the style and lack of logic.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 7th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Ahhhh. Thought I recognized the style and lack of logic.

What a pathetic little feller! xlolx

bojeta
October 7th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Pretty sure UC-Davis held South Dakota State to their lowest point total of the season. xcoffeex

The Big Sky is just very offensive heavy this season as a lot of the offensive production from 2011 returned this season.

I like how the thought is always that the defenses must be awful if a lot of points are scored instead of praising the offenses.

+1

bojeta
October 7th, 2012, 12:46 PM

I had that one pegged, didn't I?? lol.... Ahhh.... and we're playing the Eagles on the red turf too. Since Boise State's field is called "Smurf Turf", maybe EWU's should be called "Devil Smurf Turf"???

BisonBabe
October 7th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Every team has a fan or 4 that make the rest of us look bad. Some are more vocal than others and they always embarrass us at the most inconvenient times.

BTW is there an option to watch past games on Big Sky TV? Would love to watch some of the games including this one.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 7th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Every team has a fan or 4 that make the rest of us look bad. Some are more vocal than others and they always embarrass us at the most inconvenient times.

BTW is there an option to watch past games on Big Sky TV? Would love to watch some of the games including this one.

I wish, BB.

BisonBabe
October 7th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Damn that sucks. I try and watch as much football as possible on Saturdays but there are not enough hours in the day. With being able to see NDSU yesterday in person it severely limited my football viewing time. Not that I am complaining mind you. But being able to watch past games would be an awesome feature for Big Sky TV perhaps they should look into it. I will be watching 2 or 3 games on ESPN3 replay later today.

kalm
October 7th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Maybe not.

Bisonoline
October 7th, 2012, 03:31 PM

Please dont equate JBB with the Bison . The Bison Nation wants nothing to do with that tool.

darell1976
October 7th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Some how Darrell won that game....just ask him. Nice game EWU!!!

Actually I was close in my prediction:

EWU 52
UND 28

Only 3 points off from EWU.