PDA

View Full Version : Northwestern St. Picks Up SMU RB

BaylorTitan
July 29th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Northwestern State picked up RB Richuel Massey from SMU. This guy can fly and it should be a huge pick-up for the Demons.

Demon Fan
July 29th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Northwestern State picked up RB Richuel Massey from SMU. This guy can fly and it should be a huge pick-up for the Demons.
I had heard rumors to the effect that we were likely to get this transfer; but I have seen nothing in print from the school as of yet. What is your source, or rather, how sure are you that he has been signed?

Demon Fan
August 1st, 2006, 09:12 AM
Never mind BaylorTitan, I got confirmation yesterday afternoon, during a visit with Coach Stoker. As it stands going into Fall practice (which starts Friday for the Demons), Massey is "penciled in" at #2 out of six RBs. Scott said that if looks alone could gain yards, this kid would be a 1,500 yd/season running back. However it takes more that a great physique. In other words, he may look like Tarzan, but let's just hope that he doesn't play like Jane!

BaylorTitan
August 2nd, 2006, 09:07 PM
Never mind BaylorTitan, I got confirmation yesterday afternoon, during a visit with Coach Stoker. As it stands going into Fall practice (which starts Friday for the Demons), Massey is "penciled in" at #2 out of six RBs. Scott said that if looks alone could gain yards, this kid would be a 1,500 yd/season running back. However it takes more that a great physique. In other words, he may look like Tarzan, but let's just hope that he doesn't play like Jane!

He started for SMU last year in game #1 and ran over Baylor pretty well. Our rund D was good too, the Aggie RB/QB didn't get anywhere on the ground. Massey will get NW St. to #2 in the SLC,IMO.

Frosty The Snowbuff
August 2nd, 2006, 10:41 PM
Skidmore is till the #1 at the moment right??

Demon Fan
August 3rd, 2006, 12:57 PM
Skidmore is till the #1 at the moment right??

Yes, unless Massey or one of the newbies takes his slot from him. Greg will still play a lot regardless. He is not big and strong, but he is very quick and has excellent break away speed. Getting him into the secondary with some space around him is the trick.

Frosty The Snowbuff
August 3rd, 2006, 08:33 PM
I don't know why I asked that....

We will go at least 3-4 Deep at RB....at least 4 will play.

BaylorTitan
August 3rd, 2006, 09:37 PM
The SLC will be VERY interesting this year.

Demon Fan
August 6th, 2006, 02:17 PM
The SLC will be VERY interesting this year.

Here you go Frosty, this is the young man that BaylorTitan has been talking about. Not a lot of information, but enough to show you why we were interested in his transfer to NSU.

Richuel Massey
A transfer from SMU, Massey will fit into the rotation at tailback. He came to NSU with a reputation as a workout fanatic and has quickly established himself as a the strongest player on the team. Prior to NSU: Played in 22 games, rushing for 115 yards on 48 carries... played in all 11 games in 2005 and in 10 games in ‘04. Massey in High School: One of the most sought after running backs in the state of Texas... ran for over 1,300 yards and scored 20 touchdowns as a senior despite missing two games with a broken foot... averaged 7.1 yards per carry on the way to District Most Valuable Player honors... considered one of the top 30 backs in the nation by Rivals100.com... three-star prospect according to Rivals... member or the Dallas Morning News/Rivals100.com (No. 85) state Top 100 list... also listed among the state Top 100 by the Ft. Worth Star-Telegram... selected to play in the U.S. Army High School All-American Game... Tom Lemming’s No. 3 prospect in Central Texas... ran for more than 1,700 yards while earning first-team All-State Class 3A honors as a junior... also named first-team All-District and District MVP that year... won the state powerlifting championships in the 220-pound weight class as a junior... was recruited by SMU, Georgia Tech, Arkansas, Texas, Colorado, Wisconsin and Miami. Massey’s Personal: 22 years old, born 8/21/84... son of Richuel Massey, Sr.. two siblings, Donald and Sade... brother Donald plays for TCU... majoring in sociology with a minor in criminal justice.

Frosty The Snowbuff
August 6th, 2006, 03:07 PM
My Buffs tried to recruit him???? Didn't know that...

Oh well....Add another member to our Backfield.

Now about the passing game :rolleyes: .

I heard we got a 6'5 Freshman....will he touch the field?

And if so....can Meeks get the ball to him?

Oh well....Hopefully someone will help Doyle out.

lambertjr
August 6th, 2006, 06:23 PM
If he has that kind of quickness he should be able to help as a 3rd dn back.