PDA

View Full Version : Breaking: JMU's QB Justin Thorpe Granted 6th Year

whitey
October 1st, 2012, 11:55 AM
Thorpe previously applied to the NCAA for a waiver to be granted a 6th year of eligibility after missing two seasons due to injury earlier in his career. The NCAA approved that waiver since he underwent surgery his freshman year (the year he redshirted) and couldn't play. Good news for Dukes fans!

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 1st, 2012, 12:08 PM
Wow, I am a bit surprised honestly. This is great, but I was looking forward to seeing Birdsong and the others compete next year. If you want JMU fans' reaction, I am sure the CAAZone will be buzzing.

whitey
October 1st, 2012, 12:40 PM
I bet they redshirt Birdsong next year assuming Thourogood is healthy. One of Fisher and Reynolds gets moved to another position (they are already experimenting with moving Reynolds).

NoDak 4 Ever
October 1st, 2012, 12:48 PM
Thorpe previously applied to the NCAA for a waiver to be granted a 6th year of eligibility after missing two seasons due to injury earlier in his career. The NCAA approved that waiver since he underwent surgery his freshman year (the year he redshirted) and couldn't play. Good news for Dukes fans!

I'll bet he would trade that medical redshirt for a medical marijuana permit in a heartbeat.

whitey
October 1st, 2012, 01:15 PM
I'll bet he would trade that medical redshirt for a medical marijuana permit in a heartbeat.

LOL, but surprised it took 4 whole posts for this to come up. You all are letting me down lately.

bluehenbillk
October 1st, 2012, 01:17 PM
Smoke 'em if you got 'em!!!

kdinva
October 1st, 2012, 02:28 PM
Two more semesters of "recreation mgmt." classes..........

jmufan999
October 1st, 2012, 02:54 PM
Huge, huge news that many JMU fans have been anxiously awaiting. Birdsong is a very talented backup but there is no substitute for the experience Thorpe will have by next year.

I've said this many times and I'll repeat it now: JMU will be even better in 2013 if Thorpe comes back. He improved his game before 2011 and made similar improvements this offseason. Nothing drastic, just looks more comfortable each year. If he can become a good decision maker, JMU will be tough to beat in 2013.

BisonFan02
October 2nd, 2012, 12:22 PM
Big news for JMU....brings back memories of a certain thread over on Bisonville.