PDA

View Full Version : SFA vs Sam Houston Battle of the Piney Woods!!!

TheRevSFA
October 1st, 2012, 09:28 AM
This Saturday is one of my two favorite games of the year, SFA vs Sam at Reliant Stadium in Houston.

SFA is coming off of a huge win over UCA in the midst of a monsoon. SFA was held to one TD in the second half and had 7 turnovers, yet still kept UCA from the win. Defense was huge that half.

SFA has the conference's leading rusher (Gus Johnson) and leading receiver (Cordell Roberson).

Sam comes off of a blowout over Texas Southern, however, the week before they lost to UCA on the stripes in Conway. This game has huge implications for the conference championship early.

Kickoff is 3pm, and it is the SLC game of the week so you can see it on the SLC network and ESPN3.

BEAR
October 1st, 2012, 09:41 AM
Sorry Rev but I'm pulling for Sammie this week. Need the Jacks to get one conference loss. xlolx Sounds like a great game otherwise. Still don't know who's gonna win it. Did Sam have a bad game vs. us? Did we have a bad game vs SFA? Or did both teams play up to their competition? This will be an interesting game for sure!

Sammy94
October 1st, 2012, 09:46 AM
If SFA has 7 turnovers against Sam, it won't be close. I predict a great game if SFA can hang on to the ball. Sam knows they must win the rest of the conference games for a chance at the playoffs so I know they will be ready.

TheRevSFA
October 1st, 2012, 09:47 AM
Sorry Rev but I'm pulling for Sammie this week. Need the Jacks to get one conference loss. xlolx Sounds like a great game otherwise. Still don't know who's gonna win it. Did Sam have a bad game vs. us? Did we have a bad game vs SFA? Or did both teams play up to their competition? This will be an interesting game for sure!

You need us to get 2 conference losses actually :) If we lose, and then win out..we go to the playoffs.

TheRevSFA
October 1st, 2012, 09:47 AM
If SFA has 7 turnovers against Sam, it won't be close. I predict a great game if SFA can hang on to the ball. Sam knows they must win the rest of the conference games for a chance at the playoffs so I know they will be ready.

I think the weather was the majority of those. Not the pick that Attaway threw, but the fumbles. The rain was coming down harder in the second half than in the first half. I hope they keep the rain turned off at Reliant :D

Sammy94
October 1st, 2012, 09:50 AM
I think the weather was the majority of those.

What was the SMU excuse?

TheRevSFA
October 1st, 2012, 09:53 AM
What was the SMU excuse?

Blinded by the bling on the rolexes?

Sammy94
October 1st, 2012, 10:05 AM
I may be a little bias but Sat. will be the best defense Attaway has seen all year. D. Swanson will be drapped all over Roberson and he shut down one of the best WR in the country against Baylor already this season. No one has really run well against this D either.
Flanders was running all over UCA and for whatever reason they abandoned that game plan in the second half. Hopefully Sam stays with what is working offensively this week be it the "wildkat", Flanders, or the passing game with Diller and C. Nelson.
Whatever happens, should be an epic tailgate and I can't wait.

McNeese75
October 1st, 2012, 10:38 AM
You need us to get 2 conference losses actually :) If we lose, and then win out..we go to the playoffs.

:D Not if who you lose to wins out

McNeese75
October 1st, 2012, 10:41 AM
I may be a little bias but Sat. will be the best defense Attaway has seen all year. D. Swanson will be drapped all over Roberson and he shut down one of the best WR in the country against Baylor already this season. No one has really run well against this D either.
Flanders was running all over UCA and for whatever reason they abandoned that game plan in the second half. Hopefully Sam stays with what is working offensively this week be it the "wildkat", Flanders, or the passing game with Diller and C. Nelson.

Did Swanson play in Conway????????

Im just stirring the pot here, should be a great game and with an open date I would make this game but prior committments will prevent that.

Best of luck to both teams.

Sammy94
October 1st, 2012, 10:47 AM
Did Swanson play in Conway????????

He did, he was the guy that WR pushed off of to catch that last TD for UCA.

BEAR
October 1st, 2012, 10:51 AM

Yeah, but UCA has 6 division I games left and has two division I wins already so if we win out then that gives us 8 division I wins...hard to pass up a team for an at large with that kind of record.

TheRevSFA
October 1st, 2012, 11:17 AM

Sam has the 2nd best rushing Defense in conference, SFA is third.

Both Sam and SFA are terrible at defending the pass. SFA is the top passing offense (of course) Sam is third. SFA is top defense against third downs.

What the stats tell me? It will be a pretty good game.

kingkat99
October 1st, 2012, 11:48 AM
I wouldnt say Sam is "terrible" at defending the pass. Do we have a problem giving up the big play yes but they arent terrible. As long as Stoker keeps the pressure dialed up they'll be ok on their "islands". We didnt bring pressure much against UCA and still left them on an island and that wasnt smart.

McNeese75
October 1st, 2012, 01:54 PM
He did, he was the guy that WR pushed off of to catch that last TD for UCA.

Substitute Refs or a weak DB?

BEAR
October 1st, 2012, 02:39 PM
xpopcornx

BEAR
October 1st, 2012, 03:30 PM
Nevermind. xlolx

TheRevSFA
October 1st, 2012, 03:35 PM
There are a lot of Sam fans who are leaning towards jumping off the bandwagon after UCA beat them. If SFA beats Sam, Saturday, the Sam wagon will probably ride a bit higher due to the loss of weight in it

Sammy94
October 2nd, 2012, 08:06 AM
Substitute Refs or a weak DB?

A missed call, it happens. But that game is history. Getting ready for Sat. and I can't wait for Sammy to step all over the Jacks.

http://www.houstonianonline.com/polopoly_fs/1.2647202!/image/2289424245.gif_gen/derivatives/landscape_260/2289424245.gif

Bearkat-Backer
October 2nd, 2012, 11:04 AM
There are a lot of Sam fans who are leaning towards jumping off the bandwagon after UCA beat them. If SFA beats Sam, Saturday, the Sam wagon will probably ride a bit higher due to the loss of weight in it

This is a BS comment. Just because people were flaming out on KatFans after the loss to UCA doesn't mean anything. It's called letting off steam after a bad loss. If anything we have had even more posters since then.

BisonFan02
October 2nd, 2012, 12:12 PM
I'll be checking this out on ESPN3 after the Bison game (depending on score I suppose).

TheRevSFA
October 2nd, 2012, 12:14 PM
This is a BS comment. Just because people were flaming out on KatFans after the loss to UCA doesn't mean anything. It's called letting off steam after a bad loss. If anything we have had even more posters since then.

Really? "I'm giving up on this team" "Goodbye Playoffs!" "harrumph" "I didn't get a harrumph out of that guy" "You, give 23 a Harrumph" "Harrumph"

In all seriousness, you guys took back to back losses and your fans took it hard. I tried to even reason with your fans after one loss to be rebutted.

Sam_Kats
October 2nd, 2012, 02:49 PM
SPORTS trigger emotions. That's the beauty of it.

You'll see after Reliant. Do tears smear purple?

BEAR
October 2nd, 2012, 03:15 PM
xpopcornx

Bearkat-Backer
October 2nd, 2012, 03:30 PM
Really? "I'm giving up on this team" "Goodbye Playoffs!" "harrumph" "I didn't get a harrumph out of that guy" "You, give 23 a Harrumph" "Harrumph"

In all seriousness, you guys took back to back losses and your fans took it hard. I tried to even reason with your fans after one loss to be rebutted.

Keep in mind that there are a lot of new posters on KF now. Most of the older guys realized before the season started that going undefeated in the SLC again was not likely.

Sammy94
October 2nd, 2012, 03:31 PM
In all seriousness, you guys took back to back losses and your fans took it hard.

Of course back to back losses hurt but I think it was a wake up call for the Kats.
Unlike Jack fans we aren't use to losing to many these days especially back to back.

TheRevSFA
October 2nd, 2012, 03:33 PM
Of course back to back losses hurt but I think it was a wake up call for the Kats.
Unlike Jack fans we aren't use to losing to many these days especially back to back.

These days...you act like you didn't have damn near a decade of futility before having one good season.

I can't say anything, we had a decade of Futility before we had TWO good seasons

BEAR
October 2nd, 2012, 03:35 PM
xslapfightx xpopcornx

BEAR
October 2nd, 2012, 03:37 PM
Let's see....UCA beat Sam...SFA beat UCA...if Sam beats SFA...what a cluster&%&%

Nickels
October 2nd, 2012, 03:53 PM
Let's see....UCA beat Sam...SFA beat UCA...if Sam beats SFA...what a cluster&%&%
Total CF and from what I have gathered, those hacks in Naconowhere would win the SLC because they sucked last year and couldn't make they playoffs like the Kats and Bears.

Can anyone find anything on SLC tie breaker rules? I haven't found anything yet. I'm just going by what I have read on forums.

These days...you act like you didn't have damn near a decade of futility before having one good season.

I can't say anything, we had a decade of Futility before we had TWO good seasons
HEY NOW! The end of 2010 was good so it was really like one and a half good seasons.

TheRevSFA
October 2nd, 2012, 04:15 PM
Total CF and from what I have gathered, those hacks in Naconowhere would win the SLC because they sucked last year and couldn't make they playoffs like the Kats and Bears.

Can anyone find anything on SLC tie breaker rules? I haven't found anything yet. I'm just going by what I have read on forums.

HEY NOW! The end of 2010 was good so it was really like one and a half good seasons.

It's head to head then longest out of playoffs. Not going to matter after we win on Saturday

BEAR
October 2nd, 2012, 04:25 PM
Amazing..UCA has gone 6-1 in conference twice and could do the same this year, 5-2 once...and will never have won the conference...in 5 years of being in this freakin' thing! xviolinx xlolx I like division I football! xlolx

My prediction for selfish reasons:
SHSU 42
SFA 35

Panther88
October 2nd, 2012, 05:26 PM
Blinded by the bling on the rolexes?

xlolx True. The game this w/e will be hella'... Good luck to both.

McNeese75
October 2nd, 2012, 08:03 PM

Yep, all of them with two conference losses and trying to get in as the #2 team xwhistlex :D

Nickels
October 2nd, 2012, 08:53 PM
Yep, all of them with two conference losses and trying to get in as the #2 team xwhistlex :D
If you are insinuating McNeese will be in the race, I don't think many people are concerned about a team that was beaten my SELA at home. UCA/SAM/SFA don't play Lamar Ball.

TheRevSFA
October 3rd, 2012, 05:10 AM

Mcneese sure did lay an egg vs SELA

UNIFanSince1983
October 3rd, 2012, 06:59 AM
How full does Reliant usually get for this game?

Sammy94
October 3rd, 2012, 07:42 AM

A little over 25k last year. I expect a few more this year.

TheRevSFA
October 3rd, 2012, 08:01 AM

They only open the lower bowl and the suites. It averages 25-26k.

If it was at BBVA Compass Stadium it'd be a complete sell out, but honestly, while that's a gorgeous stadium, it doesn't look good for football.

McNeese72
October 3rd, 2012, 08:13 AM

Yep. At one point in the second half of that game, we had 7 of our 11 starters that started at MTSU out of the game with injuries plus some backups, too. We have gotten some of them back and others are out for the year with knee surgery.

Also, Marcus Wiltz and Josh Jordan didn't play in that game.

Hopefully, with open date, we can get some guys healed up for the gauntlet we have to run in Oct. We play UCA, Sam, and SFA three weeks in a row.

We definitely, because of all the injuries and guys out for the year, aren't the same team that started the season at MTSU. But that is the nature of the game.

Doc

BEAR
October 3rd, 2012, 08:19 AM
25k for that game?! Nice! xnodx

There might have been 7000 for the UCA vs. SFA game at the start...but by half...maybe 400. xlolx

The Bears have one more game left in our gauntlet. Shocked to win the Sam game, disappointed to lose the SFA game, but NOT looking forward to the McNeese game...no luck for the Bears in McNeese ever. xbawlingx

SFA is going through the gauntlet now and McNeese still has to start it....xeyebrowx What a conference race this will be! xhighfivex

For this weekend...Go Bearkats!

TheRevSFA
October 3rd, 2012, 08:19 AM
Yep. At one point in the second half of that game, we had 7 of our 11 starters that started at MTSU out of the game with injuries plus some backups, too. We have gotten some of them back and others are out for the year with knee surgery.

Also, Marcus Wiltz and Josh Jordan didn't play in that game.

Hopefully, with open date, we can get some guys healed up for the gauntlet we have to run in Oct. We play UCA, Sam, and SFA three weeks in a row.

We definitely, because of all the injuries and guys out for the year, aren't the same team that started the season at MTSU. But that is the nature of the game.

Doc

That's the truth. Pretty sad too. I don't want to beat y'all and then have those fans like FPC go "Oh we had injuries.."

McNeese72
October 3rd, 2012, 08:32 AM
That's the truth. Pretty sad too. I don't want to beat y'all and then have those fans like FPC go "Oh we had injuries.."

We had five guys on the sidelines of the Northwestern St. game on crutches either that had surgery or were awaiting surgery. And that didn't count Malcolm Bronson, who had his surgery Friday, and wasn't at the game.

http://www.mcneesesports.com/custompages/docshots/images/nsu12pgwounded.jpg

Okay, I'm through hijacking this thread.

This is one game Saturday that I plan on watching. Should be a good wide open affair.

Good luck to both teams and may you have no injuries.

Doc

Sammy94
October 3rd, 2012, 08:52 AM
"Oh we had injuries.."

Same excuse McNeese has every year. Sounds like better recruiting needs to happen in Lake Chuck. Sam has lost a starting LB also but its nice to have just as good back ups within the program.

TheRevSFA
October 3rd, 2012, 08:59 AM
Just a reminder - Sam's two wins this year are against a D2 team and Texas Southern.

Couldn't even beat UCA...

McNeese72
October 3rd, 2012, 09:06 AM
Same excuse McNeese has every year. Sounds like better recruiting needs to happen in Lake Chuck. Sam has lost a starting LB also but its nice to have just as good back ups within the program.

Yeah, I wish is was just one starting linebacker. Our fullbacks and defensive backs have been decimated this season. We have had three or four db's (I've lost count) lost for the year because of surgeries and two fullbacks. At free safety, Malcolm Bronson went down and the next game one of the backups went down. Now his brother Ryan is playing it with a big cast on his hand because of a broken hand.

Doc

Doc

McNeese75
October 3rd, 2012, 09:14 AM
If you are insinuating McNeese will be in the race, I don't think many people are concerned about a team that was beaten my SELA at home. UCA/SAM/SFA don't play Lamar Ball.

Perfect!!!! We are all hoping that is the way Sam, SFA and UCA are thinking and I am sure your egos will make sure of it.

TheRevSFA
October 3rd, 2012, 09:16 AM
Hey Hey Hey.

I think we can all agree on one thing.

Lamar sucks.

McNeese75
October 3rd, 2012, 09:19 AM

Kinda like SFA did against SMU, MSU and Texas State? I mean come on, Our SELU egg is big but miniscule in comparison the Jacks losing those three games the way they did.

My first post was scarcastic. I just found it funny that UCA, SFA and SHSU seem to have written off the pokes for the season. That is fine with us and it may be well founded (I'm not convinced). But, two out of three have to prove it in our house.

McNeese75
October 3rd, 2012, 09:21 AM
Hey Hey Hey.

I think we can all agree on one thing.

Lamar sucks.

xlolx I think you are safe on that one. Even the Lamar fans will agree

TheRevSFA
October 3rd, 2012, 09:22 AM
Kinda like SFA did against SMU, MSU and Texas State? I mean come on, Our SELU egg is big but miniscule in comparison the Jacks losing those three games the way they did.

My first post was scarcastic. I just found it funny that UCA, SFA and SHSU seem to have written off the pokes for the season. That is fine with us and it may be well founded (I'm not convinced). But, two out of three have to prove it in our house.

SFA laid a big egg vs SMU. I won't argue that

But losing by 8 to a top 5 team at Bozeman and losing to a "FBS" by 4? Not quite as big of an egg as losing to SELA.

FormerPokeCenter
October 3rd, 2012, 09:25 AM
I'm getting a little tired of the Injury thing year in and year out...the kids are obviously working hard in the off season, but we're not doing something right...

Gotta get that figured out and corrected.

Injuries are part of the game, but it's gotten ridiculous over the last few years...and, trust me, I've got a 14 inch scar on my right knee to remind me just how much injuries are a part of the game...but, statistically, when they factor in THIS much, something's wrong...

FormerPokeCenter
October 3rd, 2012, 09:26 AM

But losing by 8 to a top 5 team at Bozeman and losing to a "FBS" by 4? Not quite as big of an egg as losing to SELA.

When do you guys play SELA?? ;)

TheRevSFA
October 3rd, 2012, 09:28 AM
When do you guys play SELA?? ;)

Nov 10th I think.

McNeese75
October 3rd, 2012, 09:28 AM

You do realize your success last year was due in LARGE part to the team's luck with injuries and I do mean luck. At this level, the loss of a few key players can change the game dramatically. Keep thinking your recruiting is keeping the team healthy. And God forbid, if one or more of your key players go down you will see the reality in a hurry (Say Flanders and Sincere both going down, now try and tell me their backups will pick right up where they left off)

McNeese75
October 3rd, 2012, 09:29 AM

I disagree. SFA had the game in Bozeman and let it slip away. And come on now, we are talking Texas State here, LOL (OK, you get a pass on that one because yall could never beat them when they were FCS anyway)

BEAR
October 3rd, 2012, 09:31 AM
Perfect!!!! We are all hoping that is the way Sam, SFA and UCA are thinking and I am sure your egos will make sure of it.

The Bears have one more game left in our gauntlet. Shocked to win the Sam game, disappointed to lose the SFA game, but NOT looking forward to the McNeese game...no luck for the Bears in McNeese ever.

Do you honestly think Coach Conque is looking past McNeese? The gold standard of the conference, after losing to SFA? Seriously? AT McNeese? You apparently don't know CC. He's been successful ONLY because he doesn't look past ANYBODY...and that includes Nicholls this weekend. The fans may talk the smack...but Conque and the boys just don't do it.

TheRevSFA
October 3rd, 2012, 09:32 AM
I disagree. SFA had the game in Bozeman and let it slip away. And come on now, we are talking Texas State here, LOL (OK, you get a pass on that one because yall could never beat them when they were FCS anyway)

xthumbsupx

McNeese75
October 3rd, 2012, 09:32 AM
Dammit, ok how about we let the Fans coach when the Bears come to the Hole in two weeks xlolx

TheRevSFA
October 3rd, 2012, 09:34 AM

We did, but I'm not ashamed to lose to a top 5 teams...they aren't..SELA :D

McNeese75
October 3rd, 2012, 09:36 AM
OK, my apologies for the hijacking the thread. Carry on about the BOPW, should be a great game and Poke fans will be watching xnodx

McNeese75
October 3rd, 2012, 09:36 AM

Moral vicotry?????

TheRevSFA
October 3rd, 2012, 09:39 AM
Moral vicotry?????

Hell no, we aren't Lamar. It's not a moral victory but it doesn't leave as bitter of a taste in my mouth as the SMU loss.

BEAR
October 3rd, 2012, 09:40 AM
So tell me more about this "battle".............. xlolx

TheRevSFA
October 3rd, 2012, 09:42 AM
7 of the last 11 BOTPW games have been decided by 7 points or less. It's always an epic battle

FormerPokeCenter
October 3rd, 2012, 09:49 AM
7 of the last 11 BOTPW games have been decided by 7 points or less. It's always an epic battle

Yes, but it's only been in the last two or three years that the game's had any relevancy outside of the Highway 19 to 94 to US 59 corridor between Naconowhere and Huntsvegas ;)

If there's a epic battle in the Piney woods and nobody hears it, did it really happen? Hell, I doubt anybody knew what the hell the BOPW was before 2010...the first time I saw those initials, I thought it had something to do with Bradley Dale Peveto ;)

Sam_Kats
October 3rd, 2012, 09:50 AM
Ready for this game. Hopefully, close to 26k will show.

TheRevSFA
October 3rd, 2012, 09:57 AM
Yes, but it's only been in the last two or three years that the game's had any relevancy outside of the Highway 19 to 94 to US 59 corridor between Naconowhere and Huntsvegas ;)

If there's a epic battle in the Piney woods and nobody hears it, did it really happen? Hell, I doubt anybody knew what the hell the BOPW was before 2010...the first time I saw those initials, I thought it had something to do with Bradley Dale Peveto ;)

Would you agree, or disagree, that it's now the biggest rivalry in the SLC? And if not, can you give me one that is bigger?

Sammy94
October 3rd, 2012, 10:00 AM
The Bearkats have won nine of the last 12 meetings.
After Sat. 10 of 13

McNeese72
October 3rd, 2012, 10:13 AM
I think it should be called The Battle of the Piney Woods in the Big City. ;)

Doc

Sam_Kats
October 3rd, 2012, 10:26 AM
Don't be jealous.

McNeese72
October 3rd, 2012, 11:07 AM
Don't be jealous.

If your post is aimed at me, I'm not jealous. I just think it is a little funny when the Battle of the Piney Woods is played in a stadium that is not close to any piney woods. :D

Doc

FormerPokeCenter
October 3rd, 2012, 11:10 AM
If your post is aimed at me, I'm not jealous. I just think it is a little funny when the Battle of the Piney Woods is played in a stadium that is not close to any piney woods. :D

Doc

Why not rename it the battle of the Concrete Canyon?

Sammy94
October 3rd, 2012, 11:15 AM

The "battle" is between the two schools. Plenty of piney woods between the locations of both. The battle has nothing to do with where it is played. It would still be the battle of the piney woods if the game was played in Hawaii.

TheRevSFA
October 3rd, 2012, 11:20 AM

Should we call the game between McNeese and Nicholls the battle of the Swamp People? Maybe the winner gets a Pirogue

Sam_Kats
October 3rd, 2012, 11:20 AM
Let McNeese & NWSt play in the Superdome. No one from either school would be complaining.

McNeese72
October 3rd, 2012, 11:29 AM
Let McNeese & NWSt play in the Superdome. No one from either school would be complaining.

Wrong there! There would be plenty of bitching by McNeese fans about not playing a home game in Cowboy Stadium, but in a place that is a good 3 1/2 hour drive away.

Home games are meant to be played in Cowboy Stadium at 7PM. Anything else and we hear bitching.

Doc

Sam_Kats
October 3rd, 2012, 11:34 AM
To each his own - we'll continue to play in front of 26k. Makes for a great weekend for both schools.

McNeese72
October 3rd, 2012, 11:37 AM
To each his own - we'll continue to play in front of 26k. Makes for a great weekend for both schools.

Just don't assume that McNeese fans are envious.

Home games at Cowboy Stadium and the all day tailgating is "serious bidness". :D

Doc

Sam_Kats
October 3rd, 2012, 11:41 AM
You should look up the tailgating atmosphere @ Reliant. Trust me, no school would be at a disadvantage.

McNeese72
October 3rd, 2012, 11:44 AM
You should look up the tailgating atmosphere @ Reliant. Trust me, no school would be at a disadvantage.

Trust me. We aren't jealous no matter what.

Doc

Sammy94
October 3rd, 2012, 11:46 AM
Should we call the game between McNeese and Nicholls the battle of the Swamp People?

I think we should call it the Bobby Boucher Classic.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5uTmVptKnyC-MkAnSuq_KnGzbH55LwFhdZLVpd2LeIUyW0K5G&t=1

Sam_Kats
October 3rd, 2012, 11:56 AM
Ok - we get it. McNeese is the best school in America & Cowboy Stadium is the only thing better. Thanks. xthumbsupx

We'll keep playing @ Reliant until 2017 in front of a split crowd of 26k, which is pretty cool. I know, I know - you're not jealous.

FormerPokeCenter
October 3rd, 2012, 12:08 PM
It's great that the game has picked up relevance after languishing in obscurity for so long. I think you guys should milk that for all it's worth...I think y'all should play for that Big Concrete Sam Houston statue. The loser should have to display that thing, bathed in Urnge lighting in the middle of their campus between games...

That Big Concrete Sam would make a great trophy in The Battle of The Concrete Canyon...

Sam_Kats
October 3rd, 2012, 12:17 PM
Might bother me too if my school wasn't part of the biggest rivalry in the conference. It's easier to throw stones than admit it.

Sensitive? Ha. You & I need to have a brew together, my friend. Good times.

McNeese72
October 3rd, 2012, 12:17 PM
Ok - we get it. McNeese is the best school in America & Cowboy Stadium is the only thing better. Thanks. xthumbsupx

We'll keep playing @ Reliant until 2017 in front of a split crowd of 26k, which is pretty cool. I know, I know - you're not jealous.

Damn, you are sensitive. I never even meant to infer that. We just aren't jealous of you guys playing home games away from home and wouldn't want to play one of our home games in the Superdome like was suggested. We like ours the way they are. If you guys want to do it that way, the more power to you.

It is just a little funny that the Battle of the Piney Woods is played in the big city and that is not meant to be a put down. Just an observation. :)

I'll be watching. I hope it will be a close game and both teams come out without any injuries.

Doc

TheRevSFA
October 3rd, 2012, 12:46 PM
Just don't assume that McNeese fans are envious.

Home games at Cowboy Stadium and the all day tailgating is "serious bidness". :D

Doc

Actually, tailgating at McNeese is pretty awesome.

Now if Cowboy Stadium could catch up in awesomeness.

BEAR
October 3rd, 2012, 12:57 PM
http://fineartamerica.com/images-simple-print/images-medium/bigfoot-lives-here-tracy-daniels.jpg
The piney woods are looking purple today...xlolx

TheRevSFA
October 3rd, 2012, 01:03 PM
Damn, you are sensitive. I never even meant to infer that. We just aren't jealous of you guys playing home games away from home and wouldn't want to play one of our home games in the Superdome like was suggested. We like ours the way they are. If you guys want to do it that way, the more power to you.

It is just a little funny that the Battle of the Piney Woods is played in the big city and that is not meant to be a put down. Just an observation. :)

I'll be watching. I hope it will be a close game and both teams come out without any injuries.

Doc

Too bad you can't make it out Doc.

Sammy94
October 3rd, 2012, 01:12 PM
The piney woods are looking purple today

This weekend they won't.

Nickels
October 3rd, 2012, 02:47 PM
aka the Battle of Irrelevancexnodx

McNeeserocket
October 3rd, 2012, 03:06 PM

McNeese did not lose at home. We lost at SELA. Still a lose though.

McNeeserocket
October 3rd, 2012, 03:15 PM

When you write these things you do know that you may have to come back and eat crow (probably won't happen, but in the Southland it happens every year to at least one team and sometimes several teams).

McNeeserocket
October 3rd, 2012, 03:20 PM
Would you agree, or disagree, that it's now the biggest rivalry in the SLC? And if not, can you give me one that is bigger?

I don't agree. I think at this point in the season, it is the biggest game, but that can change as the season goes on.

That being said, it is game that most Southland fans will be watching or listening to this weekend (including me).

TheRevSFA
October 3rd, 2012, 03:25 PM
I don't agree. I think at this point in the season, it is the biggest game, but that can change as the season goes on.

That being said, it is game that most Southland fans will be watching or listening to this weekend (including me).

So what is the biggest rivalry? That was the question.

BEAR
October 3rd, 2012, 03:28 PM

Lamar and Northeastern Community College of Cosmetology and Farming...nearly 100 years of bird pecking the eyes out of the runnin' hairdressin hoes....that's the biggest rivalry! xbowx

Nickels
October 3rd, 2012, 03:57 PM
There are a couple of notable rivalries but none are bigger than BOTPW. (or you can call it The Piney Woods Classic if your from TSU) This weekends game will the the highest attended SLC game of the year correct? I don't think any of the other ones come close.

BEAR
October 3rd, 2012, 04:21 PM
There are a couple of notable rivalries but none are bigger than BOTPW. (or you can call it The Piney Woods Classic if your from TSU) This weekends game will the the highest attended SLC game of the year correct? I don't think any of the other ones come close.

Nope. The UCA vs. SFA game was PACKED...

with billions of raindrops...

BEAR
October 3rd, 2012, 04:22 PM
Sorry...I'm bored....waiting for some freakin' football! xbowx

crossfire07
October 3rd, 2012, 05:14 PM
aka the Battle of Irrelevancexnodx

If anyone would know about irrelevance it would be Sam Houston State.God knows they have been that for many decades. It has not been that long ago since Sam lost in Hammond by more than 2 touchdowns but I guess you don't have a clue what happened before last year or you selectively forget those things.Southeast is playing some good ball and sit atop the conference standings at 2-0 and for that they deserve a little respect.

TheRevSFA
October 4th, 2012, 07:44 AM
2 days until kickoff. Already started prepping the tailgate food and making Jell-O shots tonight.

Did a beerventory too and we are good to go xthumbsupx

Sammy94
October 4th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Did a beerventory too and we are good to go

Blue lot?

Nickels
October 4th, 2012, 07:56 AM
If anyone would know about irrelevance it would be Sam Houston State.God knows they have been that for many decades. It has not been that long ago since Sam lost in Hammond by more than 2 touchdowns but I guess you don't have a clue what happened before last year or you selectively forget those things.Southeast is playing some good ball and sit atop the conference standings at 2-0 and for that they deserve a little respect.
Bahaha, I posted that just to annoy you crossfire xblehx, I knew you would respond to that. I've noticed some McNeese butt soreness after the Kats/Bears success last year.:D I guess if we beat the Cowboys again this year it wont count because your team is all beat up right?xthumbsupx

TheRevSFA
October 4th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Blue lot?

If it's the same as last year, Blue lot near the front of the SFA side. Look for the "Come and Take It" Flags for our tailgate.

Sammy94
October 4th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Ready for some football?

http://itemonline.com/sports/x766467341/BATTLE-OF-THE-PINEY-WOODS-Ready-for-some-football

kingkat99
October 4th, 2012, 08:46 AM
2 days until kickoff. Already started prepping the tailgate food and making Jell-O shots tonight.

Did a beerventory too and we are good to go xthumbsupx

You Aint Ready!!! Bring some of those Jello Shots when you walk over Saturday, Id come see you but Im allergic to purple and tend to break out in hives when surrounded by it.

TheRevSFA
October 4th, 2012, 08:53 AM
You Aint Ready!!! Bring some of those Jello Shots when you walk over Saturday, Id come see you but Im allergic to purple and tend to break out in hives when surrounded by it.

I'll probably run a round over but won't stay long.

The fact that I went to watch the TSU-Sam game with you was enough orange for the year

kingkat99
October 4th, 2012, 08:58 AM
I'll probably run a round over but won't stay long.

The fact that I went to watch the TSU-Sam game with you was enough orange for the year

Im still looking for the photo of you with us that guy took for the Alumni Association.

TheRevSFA
October 4th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Im still looking for the photo of you with us that guy took for the Alumni Association.

Hopefully it's the one of me throwing my axe up

Sammy94
October 4th, 2012, 11:30 AM
For those that may need this.

https://admin.xosn.com//pics32/1024/HV/HVEWARHEXUZWGPO.20120809142039.jpg

caribbeanhen
October 5th, 2012, 12:08 AM
Just a reminder - Sam's two wins this year are against a D2 team and Texas Southern.

Couldn't even beat UCA...

Sammy fans remind are bailing faster than an Italian cruise ship captian.....

Sam_Kats
October 5th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Uhhh....ok.

Bring on Saturday!

Bearkat-Backer
October 5th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Hopefully the Kats have their heads on straight for this one. They need to get back to what made them successful last year and stop trying to reinvent themselves. Put the damn ball in Flander’s and Sincere’s hands and let them make plays.

kingkat99
October 5th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Hers to hoping Ruse "The Douche" stays out of their way...

THE HERD
October 5th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Honest question Kats fans......You guys lost virtually nobody, but yet your kind of stinking it up....what gives? You boys need to get it going if ya want another crack at the title and maybe another crack at the Bison!

Sammy94
October 5th, 2012, 09:20 AM
They need to get back to what made them successful last year and stop trying to reinvent themselves. Put the damn ball in Flander’s and Sincere’s hands and let them make plays.

EXACTLY. Its like they are resting them for later on in the season. HELLO??? Give them the damn ball and if that doesn't work, then have Bell try and make plays. Only time I want to see Flanders on the sideline is if the Kats are up by 30 or so like the TSU game.

BEAR
October 6th, 2012, 03:12 PM
3-0 Sam. 1st qrtr. 1st pos.

BEAR
October 6th, 2012, 03:38 PM
1st qtr. Sam goes for a 49 yard field goal...after SFA had no problem moving the ball on the last drive? Coaching....xlolx

BEAR
October 6th, 2012, 03:43 PM
TD SFA 7 SAM 3

blackfordpu
October 6th, 2012, 11:41 PM
Kats win 51-43!