PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Highlights From College Sports Journal

Mr. C
September 30th, 2012, 11:13 PM
We had David Coulson covering the Towson-LSU game and Chuck Burton at the Fordham-Lehigh game this weekend. Check out the stories here:

Towson-LSU

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/ncaa-division-i-sports/fcs-football/380-towson-loses-at-lsu-but-leaves-with-much-respect

Fordham-Lehigh

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/ncaa-division-i-sports/fcs-football/378-lehigh-34-fordham-31-final

There are also plenty of other things that have been updated on the site from the weekend, including all of the scores and game summaries in our Game Center. Check it out.

coover
October 1st, 2012, 01:46 AM
So where is the College Sports Journal story on the ___________ v _________ game (fill in the blank)? Two reporters at two games? There were probably over 100 FCS games this last weekend. Yes, I know that employing over 100 reporters is not feasible, but how about covering the top 20 or top 10? Heck, I'm sure that you could find competent volunteers that would do it for the cost of a ticket. I'd even volunteer if a game was held near my home ... but that won't happen. Nearest FCS school is 150 miles away and my own Alma Mater, which is the 2nd closest FCS school is almost 300 miles away.

MTfan4life
October 1st, 2012, 02:26 AM
So where is the College Sports Journal story on the ___________ v _________ game (fill in the blank)? Two reporters at two games? There were probably over 100 FCS games this last weekend. Yes, I know that employing over 100 reporters is not feasible, but how about covering the top 20 or top 10? Heck, I'm sure that you could find competent volunteers that would do it for the cost of a ticket. I'd even volunteer if a game was held near my home ... but that won't happen. Nearest FCS school is 150 miles away and my own Alma Mater, which is the 2nd closest FCS school is almost 300 miles away.

Just from observation. College Sports Journal seems to be a very young operation. Give them some time. They can't just expand into something great right away. Think of if they had 20 stories. I'm sure Chuck and Dave are the editors. That's a boat load of articles to review and approve, especially considering all these two do already. Maybe instead of finding a way to criticize, you should appreciate their grass roots effort towards providing something of valuable interest to FCS fans. You can't become ESPN in a day, and most of their in game articles are from the Associated Press.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 1st, 2012, 09:17 AM
Just from observation. College Sports Journal seems to be a very young operation. Give them some time. They can't just expand into something great right away. Think of if they had 20 stories. I'm sure Chuck and Dave are the editors. That's a boat load of articles to review and approve, especially considering all these two do already. Maybe instead of finding a way to criticize, you should appreciate their grass roots effort towards providing something of valuable interest to FCS fans. You can't become ESPN in a day, and most of their in game articles are from the Associated Press.

+1. We could buy the three-sentence read of the box scores from the AP, but that's not how we roll.