PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Southern Conference Power Rankings/Predictions - Week 6.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
September 30th, 2012, 05:05 AM
I went 2-3 this past week, WCU, The Citadel and Samford let me down big time.

1) Wofford - two SoCon wins and the two big dogs getting chained makes them the new big dog
2) Georgia Southern - takes down Samford in a convincing fashion
3) Samford - suffers their first loss of the season
4) Appalachian State - lays a beatdown on Coastal Carolina
5) Chattanooga - lose to ASU last week, beats up on The Citadel this week
6) The Citadel - two weeks ago they beat up ASU, now they lose to Chattanooga who got beat up by ASU last week
7) Elon - another rough game for the Phoenix
8) Furman - finally gets their first SoCon win of the season
9) Western Carolina - at least there's some improvement from last year

Predictions
Furman @ Wofford - Terriers roll in this one
The Citadel @ Samford (Game of the week) - The Bulldogs will win this one and end a losing streak, the question is will it be a one-game skid or a two-game skid
Elon @ Appalachian State - ASU wins another game in the friendly confines of the Rock
Georgia Southern @ Western Carolina - Catamounts will not get lucky against the Eagles.

Mountaineer#96
September 30th, 2012, 07:11 AM
1) Wofford - Only consistent team so far, but haven't laced it up with the tough part of the schedule yet.
2) Georgia Southern - Brought Samford back down to reality.
3) Appalachian State - Destroyed what was a decent CCU squad. Offense finally looking, dare I say Scott Satterfield like.
4) Samford - Didn't show up against GSU.
5) Chattanooga - So now they want to play football.
6) The Citadel - Reminds me of the 2003 team, great wins to get the season going now a very low loss.....
7) Furman - Gave WCU a dose, but it was WCU. Maybe they are getting back on track.
8) Elon - Couldn't stop the run, Wofford scores 49.
9) Western Carolina - Former Mountaineer coach is getting them to fight harder and longer, but they don't have much.

The winners this week: App State, Samford, GSU, Wofford.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 30th, 2012, 08:15 AM
GSU's offense still looks sloppy. It seemed like every series we had was either a three and out or a huge play on the first set of downs. That seems to sum up the offense so far...big plays, big blunders. We are gradually getting better though, and I think we may just be ready for Wofford in two weeks. The good news for GSU is that the defense (even the secondary) is playing very well, and might just be the best defense in the SoCon. The offense has arguably given up more points than the defense.

After App takes it to Chatty and Coastal on back to back weeks, I can't really say much bad about them. They also seem to be getting better altogether. I wish App. played EZU at the end of the year to help out the conference RPI.

1. Wofford
2. App
3. GSU
4. El Cid
5. Samford
6. Chatty
7. Furman
8. Elon
9. Western

El Cid 27 Samford 24 - too early to say El Cid's early season act was just another façade. Huesman might defend the TO better than any other team.
GSU 31 Western 14 - assuming we make some progress
Wofford 45 Furman 21 - Wofford's offense makes mince meat out of the Furman defense that gave up 400 yards to Western
App. State 42 Elon 20 - Going to take a bit longer to build up Elon's program to beat App. State

md64179
September 30th, 2012, 08:35 AM
1) Wofford- Until they lose, they stay at the top
2) GSU
3) APP
4) Samford- GSU put them back down to earth
5) UTC- Nice win against El Cid
6) El Cid- What’s going on here?
7) Furman
8) Elon
9) WCU

Wofford 41 Furman 28
Samford 28 El Cid 27
APP 41 Elon 24
GSU 37 WCU 14

ElonPride
September 30th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Hate to say it, but at this moment, Elon needs to be ranked last in the conference. The offense can move the ball well.....if you told me yesterday that our QB had 300 yards passing and no INTs early in the 4th, there's no way I would have thought we would be losing by 28 to Wofford. The defense was eaten alive yesterday.

kdinva
September 30th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Furman 21 @ Wofford 45
The Citadel 24 @ Samford 27
Elon 16 @ Appalachian State 42
Georgia Southern 35 @ Western Carolina 17

Reign of Terrier
September 30th, 2012, 11:41 AM
I am most certainly not predicting a double digit victory against Furman. I did that last year and flaunted it around.....and then got bit on the ***.

Reign of Terrier
September 30th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Who's in panic mode this week?

Most Certainly not panicking:
Wofford-undefeated, but NEEDS to win against Furman this week. if that can happen, regardless if Wofford drops 2 in a row to App and GSU, I like our chances to make the playoffs.
GSU-Can afford to lose something like 2 more FCS games
App State-same as App State

Has perhaps slight reason to panic
Samford-not necessarily in a bad position, but the last 2 weeks have been unimpressive, and I would think their defense is at least a tad suspect
The Citadel-again, not in a bad position, but if they can't win against Samford this week, they have reason to panic.

Feeling some anxiety:
Furman-Can't lose more than one more game and still has App State, Wofford, GSU, and the Citadel on the schedule

PANIC MODE!
Elon-can't lose a game and be playoff eligible (still has ASU, The Citadel, Samford and Furman on the schedule)
Chatty-Can't lose a game and be playoff eligible (Still has Wofford, GSU, Samford and Furman on the schedule)
Western-eliminated from playoff contention.

I think the playoff picture will clear up by week 8.

thirdgendin
September 30th, 2012, 12:46 PM
GSU's offense still looks sloppy. It seemed like every series we had was either a three and out or a huge play on the first set of downs. That seems to sum up the offense so far...big plays, big blunders. We are gradually getting better though, and I think we may just be ready for Wofford in two weeks. The good news for GSU is that the defense (even the secondary) is playing very well, and might just be the best defense in the SoCon. The offense has arguably given up more points than the defense.

After App takes it to Chatty and Coastal on back to back weeks, I can't really say much bad about them. They also seem to be getting better altogether. I wish App. played EZU at the end of the year to help out the conference RPI.

1. Wofford
2. App
3. GSU
4. El Cid
5. Samford
6. Chatty
7. Furman
8. Elon
9. Western

El Cid 27 Samford 24 - too early to say El Cid's early season act was just another façade. Huesman might defend the TO better than any other team.
GSU 31 Western 14 - assuming we make some progress
Wofford 45 Furman 21 - Wofford's offense makes mince meat out of the Furman defense that gave up 400 yards to Western
App. State 42 Elon 20 - Going to take a bit longer to build up Elon's program to beat App. State

If that's your criteria for picking, here are the comparative total yards of Furman and Wofford against WCU:
Furman O - 619
WCU O - 420

Wofford O - 595
WCU O - 428

We may lose by 24 points on Saturday, but I firmly believe that we're 4-1 if Reese Hannon starts opening week. But that's why you play the games. We are 2-3 and have our backs against the wall.

OL FU
September 30th, 2012, 12:48 PM
I would say that Furman is feeling more than a little anxiety however starting 0-3 made alot of us put thoughts of the playoffs on the back burner. Now, if we beat Wofford, those thoughts will re-emerge.

atlfcsfan
September 30th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Well I enjoyed a perfect 5-0 record last week so here are my predictions for the Week 6 Games

Wofford 42 Furman 24 The Terriers will continue to roll
App St 34 Elon 24 Elon will keep in close but App has too much firepower
GSU 28 W Carolina 20 Catamounts fight but GSU still takes it
Samford 24 Citadel 21 Could go down to the final possession, Sammie has the edge at home

theasushow
September 30th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Who's in panic mode this week?

Most Certainly not panicking:
Wofford-undefeated, but NEEDS to win against Furman this week. if that can happen, regardless if Wofford drops 2 in a row to App and GSU, I like our chances to make the playoffs.
GSU-Can afford to lose something like 2 more FCS games
App State-same as App State

Has perhaps slight reason to panic
Samford-not necessarily in a bad position, but the last 2 weeks have been unimpressive, and I would think their defense is at least a tad suspect
The Citadel-again, not in a bad position, but if they can't win against Samford this week, they have reason to panic.

Feeling some anxiety:
Furman-Can't lose more than one more game and still has App State, Wofford, GSU, and the Citadel on the schedule

PANIC MODE!
Elon-can't lose a game and be playoff eligible (still has ASU, The Citadel, Samford and Furman on the schedule)
Chatty-Can't lose a game and be playoff eligible (Still has Wofford, GSU, Samford and the Citadel on the schedule)
Western-eliminated from playoff contention.

I think the playoff picture will clear up by week 8.

I pretty much agree....but Chatty just played The Citadel.

catamount man
September 30th, 2012, 04:36 PM
1) Wofford
2) Georgia Southern
3) App State
4) The Citadel
5) Samford
6) Chatty
7) Furman
8) Elon
9) WCU (God, will our time ever come?!)

PaladinFan
September 30th, 2012, 05:26 PM
I am most certainly not predicting a double digit victory against Furman. I did that last year and flaunted it around.....and then got bit on the ***.

It's a big game this weekend. Furman wore Wofford out last year, so I expect the Terriers will be ready.

The Paladins continue to improve every week. They are still incredibly young, but have really seemed to find a groove with Reese Hannon under center. I anticipate that Fowler will try to dial up the game plan that worked so well last year - limit the effectiveness of Britenstein, try to get on the board early, and don't turn it over on offense.

ASU_Fanatic
September 30th, 2012, 05:43 PM
1. Wofford - no discussion right here for now
2. Georgia Southern - looked good Saturday but I'm still unsure on them
3. Appalachian St - Caostal is no pushover and App man-handled them. Promising to see
4. Citadel - looked terrible yesterday but we still know what they can do
5. Samford - I've thought they were a little overrated so far and they showed I might be right Saturday
6. Chattanooga - played great Saturday
7. Furman - two wins in a row
8. Elon - not showing me much
9. WCU - Samford loss obviously took a toll on them

Furman 21 @ Wofford 35 - I'm not expecting pure domination from Wofford but they will win
Citadel 30 @ Samford 24 - I think el Cid will get back on the right track with a good road win
Elon 16 @ App State 38 - I don't expect Appalachian to struggle much at home
Georgia Southern 36 @ WCU 17 - WCU obviously way behind GASo as far as talent goes

T-Dog
October 1st, 2012, 05:30 AM
The Perils of Everyweek Existence is up. Looking back at the Coastal beatdown and looking ahead to the former Fighting Christians. Any self-respecting Elon fan will probably hate this.

http://www.yosefscabin.com/tpoee6841964/

Furman @ Wofford - 45-21. Woffie gets back at Furmie for last year.
The Citadel @ Samford - 24-21. El Cit squeaks it out.
Elon @ Appalachian State - 48-24. App continues to build momentum.
Georgia Southern @ Western Carolina - 33-13. GSU takes care of business, their fans are still unhappy.

fc97
October 1st, 2012, 07:07 AM
The Perils of Everyweek Existence is up. Looking back at the Coastal beatdown and looking ahead to the former Fighting Christians. Any self-respecting Elon fan will probably hate this.

http://www.yosefscabin.com/tpoee6841964/

awesome article

you managed to whine about everything in one place, awesome. from armanti injuries, to indirection so you can say we didn't cost you two championships, to complaining about everything from fountains to bells to dumpsters... hahaha

and then, lol, a whole paragraph whining about how we're not a rival. LOL. fine, whatever, who cares, cause the only ones that care about that are you. and you guy spend so much time whining that we aren't a rival. who are you trying to convince really. because, well, you guys spend so much time focused on us all season. LOL

the phoenix envy is strong in this one.

Saint3333
October 1st, 2012, 07:35 AM
Damn I wish we hadn't beaten a "rival" since 1964, there I admitted it, I'm envious of Elon.

Enjoy the trip up the mountain Eloners, be safe.

fc97
October 1st, 2012, 07:49 AM
Damn I wish we hadn't beaten a "rival" since 1964, there I admitted it, I'm envious of Elon.

Enjoy the trip up the mountain Eloners, be safe.

its one way to spin it, but you guys bowed out of playing us for 32 of those years

Apphole
October 1st, 2012, 08:20 AM
awesome article

you managed to whine about everything in one place, awesome. from armanti injuries, to indirection so you can say we didn't cost you two championships, to complaining about everything from fountains to bells to dumpsters... hahaha

and then, lol, a whole paragraph whining about how we're not a rival. LOL. fine, whatever, who cares, cause the only ones that care about that are you. and you guy spend so much time whining that we aren't a rival. who are you trying to convince really. because, well, you guys spend so much time focused on us all season. LOL

Why in God's green goodness would we be jealous of a team that hasn't beaten us since 1964 and never won the SoCon? I mean, no kidding you wouldn't agree with his blog post, but jealous?! Be serious...

Apphole
October 1st, 2012, 08:33 AM
Anyway...
1. Wofford (Nom nom nom. mmmm cupcakes)
2. Citadel (They dropped one game, still have a tie breaker over App and GaSo)
3/4. App (Lost big to Ctiadel, but tough schedule so far and absolutely dominant performances against mediocre Chatty and halfway decent Coastal)
4/3. GaSo (Showed they're still a power by handling a decent Sammy team)
5. Sammy (The little engine that could)
6. Nooga (Their defense finally caught a team sleeping, still not a good team IMO, but have to bump them up one spot for upsetting the Cadets)
7. Furple (Can still be dangerous, but not if the top four teams take them seriously)
8. Elon (Back to pre-Lembo greatness. Walking into their own personal hell this weekend.)
9. WCU (It might take The Committee a few years to drag the worst program in SoCon history from the depths)

Furman @ Wofford UPSET OF THE WEEK Furple catches the Ankle Biters on a big cupcake hangover. The Woffy lines have gone soft pushing around terrible teams.
Citadel @ Lil Sammy The discipline of the Citadel offense carries them past Sammy.
Elon @ App Not even close. The fElons get blown out at The Rock by at least 40 points. We pull Jackson in the 3rd before they have a chance to intentionally hurt him.
GaSo @ Western Another blow out. Western has no business on the same field as half the SoCon, especially a powerhouse like The Stink.

GATA_Eagles
October 1st, 2012, 08:34 AM
1) Wofford
2a) App State
2b) Georgia Southern
4) Samford
5) The Citadel
6) Furman
7) Chattanooga
8) Elon
9) Western Carolina

Furman @ Wofford
The Citadel @ Samford
Elon @ Appalachian State
Georgia Southern @ Western Carolina

Apphole
October 1st, 2012, 08:45 AM
because, well, you guys spend so much time focused on us all season. LOL

http://oi46.tinypic.com/2lc7apv.jpg

"Lembo has looked no further than Appalachian as the model for success. He has a screen saver on his desktop computer of ASU's towering new complex at Kidd Brewer Stadium, representative of heights that can be achieved."

http://www2.journalnow.com/sports/2009/nov/14/appalachian-state-to-play-improving-elon-with-leag-ar-153910/

Appattk
October 1st, 2012, 08:48 AM
Anyway...
We pull Jackson in the 3rd before they have a chance to intentionally hurt him.

God I hope so. Although, with Lembo gone... It might not still be the M.O.

asumike83
October 1st, 2012, 09:17 AM
God I hope so. Although, with Lembo gone... It might not still be the M.O.

Very true. I was at those game and there were definitely some cheap shots taken at Armanti. The 2008 game really stings because he was never the same that year. However, I have seen nothing of the sort since Swepson took over. They played us tough last season and it was a clean game.

asumike83
October 1st, 2012, 09:30 AM
1) Wofford: Will learn a lot about them in the coming weeks but unless they stumble, they stay at the top.
2) Georgia Southern: Good win over a quality Samford team, they are getting there.
3) The Citadel: One tough team to gauge. If they stumble at Samford I will drop them, but they can show something with a bounceback win.
4) Appalachian State: Really responding well to the home loss against The Citadel. Absolutely dismantled Coastal.
5) Samford: Could possibly play their way into the top 3 this weekend but need to see how they bounce back from a loss.
6) Chattanooga: Great win over The Citadel. An uphill climb but their D is good enough to make some noise.
7) Furman: Backs against the wall this weekend, could really open some eyes if they play well against Wofford.
8) Elon: Followed up a tough loss in Statesboro with an uninspired performance. No answer for E.B. at all.
9) Western Carolina: Similar situation as Elon. After almost getting it done the week before, fell flat against Furman.

Predictions
Furman @ Wofford: First real test for the Terriers. At home, I like them by about 10-14.
The Citadel @ Samford: Very telling game for both teams. If The Citadel wins, they look legit. If not, Samford could be busting some brackets.
Elon @ Appalachian State: I like the Apps at home but not expecting a blowout. Won the last 2 over Elon by 7 combined points, they want this one bad. The Phoenix will come to Boone hungry but I think we'll be just a bit too much for them.
Georgia Southern @ Western Carolina: Really the only easy call in the SoCon this week, Southern should roll.

fc97
October 1st, 2012, 11:17 AM
to be fair since i have done this every week, massey says

5 wofford
19 gsu
23 app
30 the citadel
34 utc
38 samford
47 furman
50 elon
73 wcu

fc97
October 1st, 2012, 11:19 AM
Very true. I was at those game and there were definitely some cheap shots taken at Armanti. The 2008 game really stings because he was never the same that year. However, I have seen nothing of the sort since Swepson took over. They played us tough last season and it was a clean game.

look guys, i really don't get why you guys keep whining over this. players get hurt, all the time. and all i want to say is, since 2006, elon has averaged 5 injuries per app game to your .7. we lost and you don't hear us whining about these cheap shots after the game, let alone 6 years later. heck, your fans are complaining about jackson losing his helmet last year as dirty.

you guys want to keep posting about it, fine, it just makes you look worse than little girls. give me your address, i'll send a box of tissues to help

fc97
October 1st, 2012, 11:22 AM
http://oi46.tinypic.com/2lc7apv.jpg

"Lembo has looked no further than Appalachian as the model for success. He has a screen saver on his desktop computer of ASU's towering new complex at Kidd Brewer Stadium, representative of heights that can be achieved."

http://www2.journalnow.com/sports/2009/nov/14/appalachian-state-to-play-improving-elon-with-leag-ar-153910/

you sad little boy. like i said, people like you spend so much time obsessing over us for some reason. LOL.

Apphole
October 1st, 2012, 11:26 AM
you sad little boy. like i said, people like you spend so much time obsessing over us for some reason. LOL.

Do you have downs or autism?

You said (as your usual) that App is obsessed with Elon. I found two readily available examples of Elon being obsessed with App. Now you're claiming that, based on that action, App is obsessed with Elon. You prove yourself to be a fool every day, from your backwards logic to your utter refusal to use capital letters. It's like they took the dumbest yankees from the north east and quarantined them in Burlington, NC.

asumike83
October 1st, 2012, 11:32 AM
look guys, i really don't get why you guys keep whining over this. players get hurt, all the time. and all i want to say is, since 2006, elon has averaged 5 injuries per app game to your .7. we lost and you don't hear us whining about these cheap shots after the game, let alone 6 years later. heck, your fans are complaining about jackson losing his helmet last year as dirty.

you guys want to keep posting about it, fine, it just makes you look worse than little girls. give me your address, i'll send a box of tissues to help

I call it how I see it and I do not throw out accusations like this on a whim. Of course injuries happen, it is football. It is not an injury that makes a play dirty, it is how it happened. You are free to disagree but the Elon defenders were diving at Armanti's knees every chance they got, in many cases after the whistle. It wasn't dirty because he was hurt, it was dirty because it was a cheap shot. I said fairly clearly in that post that it was a clean game last year so I certainly do not think Jackson losing his helmet was on a dirty play. The Lembo coached teams were a different story but I agree that it is time to move on.

fc97
October 1st, 2012, 11:37 AM

You said (as your usual) that App is obsessed with Elon. I found two readily available examples of Elon being obsessed with App. Now you're claiming that, based on that action, App is obsessed with Elon. You prove yourself to be a fool every day, from your backwards logic to your utter refusal to use capital letters. It's like they took the dumbest yankees from the north east and quarantined them in Burlington, NC.

wow, walking your through things is like walking a child around. are you sure you're in college or went to college?

i said to t-dog that the phoenix envy was strong for this one. after all, he't one digging up every little thing for the article, which was well done. but to go and count fountain and bells. well, that's just silly.

and then i didn't say app was obsessed with elon. it would be silly for a school to be obsessed with another, they are technically inanimate objects.

I said, and let me help you here, people like you spend so much time obsessing over us. You found two example of elon coaches making references about app and what the school accomplished. good for you.

in just this thread, you alone have made more posts about elon than there is published material of elon coaches "obsessing over app".... going back to this:

people like you spend so much time obsessing over us

god you're a moron

AppApp
October 1st, 2012, 11:44 AM
separation saturday in the socon, should know the top tier from the bottom tier after this weekend

Apphole
October 1st, 2012, 11:47 AM
wow, walking your through things is like walking a child around. are you sure you're in college or went to college?

i said to t-dog that the phoenix envy was strong for this one. after all, he't one digging up every little thing for the article, which was well done. but to go and count fountain and bells. well, that's just silly.

and then i didn't say app was obsessed with elon. it would be silly for a school to be obsessed with another, they are technically inanimate objects.

I said, and let me help you here, people like you spend so much time obsessing over us. You found two example of elon coaches making references about app and what the school accomplished. good for you.

in just this thread, you alone have made more posts about elon than there is published material of elon coaches "obsessing over app".... going back to this:

people like you spend so much time obsessing over us

god you're a moron

You made a generic statement about App fans obsession over Elon. I proved with two out-of-context quotes from two of your head coaches, that your PROGRAM is obsessed with us. That is the distinction that you fail to understand. Fans will bicker. That's the nature of the beast, but you seem to be a program who's soul existence is to defeat Appalachian State on the grid iron and you STILL haven't done it in recent history. It is pathetic.

App fans humor Elon fans because it's funny. Because you are THAT pathetic. You devote every resource in that pathetic little institution of yours into beating us and you've STILL come up short every time since ****ing 1964. It's hilarious. The humor in your fruitless endeavor coupled with the flagrant and deliberate knee hitting, premature conference championship banner and the endless calamity of Mr. Scott Riddle, make you a very entertaining opponent for App Nation. THIS is the explanation for the Elon "obsession" or so you've called it. Jealousy? Jealous of nothing.

fc97
October 1st, 2012, 01:49 PM
You made a generic statement about App fans obsession over Elon. I proved with two out-of-context quotes from two of your head coaches, that your PROGRAM is obsessed with us. That is the distinction that you fail to understand. Fans will bicker. That's the nature of the beast, but you seem to be a program who's soul existence is to defeat Appalachian State on the grid iron and you STILL haven't done it in recent history. It is pathetic.

App fans humor Elon fans because it's funny. Because you are THAT pathetic. You devote every resource in that pathetic little institution of yours into beating us and you've STILL come up short every time since ****ing 1964. It's hilarious. The humor in your fruitless endeavor coupled with the flagrant and deliberate knee hitting, premature conference championship banner and the endless calamity of Mr. Scott Riddle, make you a very entertaining opponent for App Nation. THIS is the explanation for the Elon "obsession" or so you've called it. Jealousy? Jealous of nothing.

wow, talk about whining posts. the obsession with elon continues with you. it's funny just how much you have to talk about us. YOU have an obsessions with elon.

and your anger and downright distasteful way that you go after people. you're a sad little man and I feel bad for you.

Horseshoe App
October 1st, 2012, 02:18 PM
Do not use special needs people in your attacks on anyone. That is childish and just not cool!!! I am sure there are many people on this board who find no humor or reason for you to do this. People live with these issues daily that would probably clean the floor with you if you said it to there face. Yes, I have two autistic sons and there is no place for this on this board.

SpeedkingATL
October 1st, 2012, 03:18 PM
1) Wofford: Still untested and unbeaten.
2) Georgia Southern: Still jelling into the power house many envisioned???
3) The Citadel: Hard to rate after last weeks disapointment against UTC. Still top 3 in SoCon for now.
4) Appalachian State: Two very solid wins after horrible effort against Citdogs. Maybe this young team is maturing now.
5) Samford: Suffered 1st loss against their first good opponent. This week will determine alot, contender or pretender??
6) Chattanooga: Finally the defense that was expected last week against Citdogs. Still time to make some real noise in SoCon.
7) Furman: Kind of a make or break game this week. A third straight win and like Chatty they are positioned to make noise in SoCon race.
8) Elon: This is where they belong for now. A win at The Rock could change their season quickly.
9) Western Carolina: Whee plays hard but is short on horses. Still, not the quick out this year and will surprise someone in the SoCon before the year is over.

Predictions
Furman @ Wofford: A chance to see the Ankle Biters against a team that can actually punch back. Still Wofford wins 38-21.
The Citadel @ Samford: Huge game for both teams. Gotta go with the Citdogs on the road 31-28
Elon @ Appalachian State: Elon gets some yardage in the air but Apps offense is too much for weak Elon defense as Apps roll 34-17
Georgia Southern @ Western Carolina: Pity the Whee unless GaSo fumbles multiple times. GaSo 41-10.

The SoCon race will be a little clearer after this week. Furman could really make things interesting with a win over Wofford.

Reign of Terrier
October 1st, 2012, 03:38 PM
Bringing up occurrences that happened 4 years ago plus, with practically an entirely new set of players and a new coach is boring.

Saint3333
October 1st, 2012, 07:32 PM
its one way to spin it, but you guys bowed out of playing us for 32 of those years

Do you really believe what you type? Wow talk about spin. App didn't play Elon when they were NAIA and D2 while you played home games at Walter Williams high school stadium.

Hopefully App will stick with the running game early and get pressure on your QB. If so 17 in a row.

fc97
October 1st, 2012, 08:29 PM
look i'll be the first to say it. swepson's and lembo's idiotic comments don't help matters. they just fuel the smack fire. it sucks for us. and the only way to end it is to win. well, that's not going to happen this year, or next or probably the next. in fact, i don't see it happening in the foreseeable future. you guys own the series. and we can't get over the hump. we've beaten every team but you guys. and no amount of crap posts from me changes it.

we will lose saturday, and it will be convincing.

all i'm saying is, the games have at least been non-embarrassments for the past 5 years. i mean, the first few were downright pathetic. last year was a darn good game. the lembo games were mostly pretty good. and all you can say when they were good games is complain about hits and injuries, like there weren't injuries on the other side. or like jerry moore didn't run his team out on the field and the band play through a hudgins award ceremony. you act like you guys are the victims all the flipping time. seriously, you guys whine a ton.

we haven't won since before most of us were born. but truth be told, we didn't play for 5 presidencies. elon tried to schedule you guys, but you'd rather play who you did. that we played in burlington municipal stadium didn't matter. and that didn't stop us from going to the naia championship 4 times. the stadium was not part of williams until ownership transferred in 2001. until them it was owned by the city of burlington and funded by elon and the city, not the school system. even then, what does it matter where we played, its not like we'as a dii or naia team were going to play app, a di team, there. so, that whole point is moot, you're just using it as an underhanded dig again.

there you go, there's the series. but its just getting old and boring that you guys bring the same trash talk year in and out. can't you get some new material?

Apphole
October 1st, 2012, 08:52 PM
look i'll be the first to say it. swepson's and lembo's idiotic comments don't help matters. they just fuel the smack fire. it sucks for us. and the only way to end it is to win. well, that's not going to happen this year, or next or probably the next. in fact, i don't see it happening in the foreseeable future. you guys own the series. and we can't get over the hump. we've beaten every team but you guys. and no amount of crap posts from me changes it.

all i'm saying is, the games have at least been non-embarrassments for the past 5 years. i mean, the first few were downright pathetic. last year was a darn good game. the lembo games were mostly pretty good. and all you can say when they were good games is complain about hits and injuries, like there weren't injuries on the other side. or like jerry moore didn't run his team out on the field and the band play through a hudgins award ceremony. you act like you guys are the victims all the flipping time. seriously, you guys whine a ton.

we haven't won since before most of us were born. but truth be told, we didn't play for 5 presidencies. elon tried to schedule you guys, but you'd rather play who you did. that we played in burlington municipal stadium didn't matter. and that didn't stop us from going to the naia championship 4 times. the stadium was not part of williams until ownership transferred in 2001. until them it was owned by the city of burlington and funded by elon and the city, not the school system. even then, what does it matter where we played, its not like we'as a dii or naia team were going to play app, a di team, there. so, that whole point is moot, you're just using it as an underhanded dig again.

there you go, there's the series. but its just getting old and boring that you guys bring the same trash talk year in and out. can't you get some new material?

Funny and accurate post, man. Understandably frustrating for you guys. Reps for that one.

Saint3333
October 1st, 2012, 09:07 PM
Why bring up new crap when the old crap works every time?

Why would App have played you during that time, would the results have been any different?

asumike83
October 1st, 2012, 09:53 PM

First off, I can definitely see where you are coming from.

All I will add is that while I don't even remember how the "low blow" topic came up in this thread, I don't think it was ever suggested that it was the reason you guys were competitive. Those were some good teams, no question about it. I have already stated my opinion about some of the plays made during those years and I won't beat it to death any further, just wanted to make that clear.

Also, I am in no way convinced that a blowout is in store on Saturday. App had to come back to escape by 4 last year and in 2010, an App team that was much stronger than the 2011 version only won by 3 at KBS. I expect a fight.

fc97
October 2nd, 2012, 07:26 AM
Why bring up new crap when the old crap works every time?

Why would App have played you during that time, would the results have been any different?

i don't know if the results would have been different, that's why they play the games, right? i mean, i was at the game when vmi beat you guys in '94, who would have ever thought that that was going to happen? i'm also sure that western never thought we'd beat them while we were dii, but that happened too.

you guys kept played lenoir-rhyne 11 times, north alabama 3 times, gardner-webb 3 times, liberty 1 time, mississippi college 1 time and edinboro 1 time during that 32 year period. that's 20 games, if i count right. but the point is, you guys scheduled plenty of NAIA and DII teams during that 32 year period.

fc97
October 2nd, 2012, 07:32 AM
First off, I can definitely see where you are coming from.

All I will add is that while I don't even remember how the "low blow" topic came up in this thread, I don't think it was ever suggested that it was the reason you guys were competitive. Those were some good teams, no question about it. I have already stated my opinion about some of the plays made during those years and I won't beat it to death any further, just wanted to make that clear.

Also, I am in no way convinced that a blowout is in store on Saturday. App had to come back to escape by 4 last year and in 2010, an App team that was much stronger than the 2011 version only won by 3 at KBS. I expect a fight.

the elon team can be dangerous, but, we stuffed gsu because they don't pass. simple as that. we couldn't stop an excellent player with wofford, and i really don't see the defense doing anything to stop a dual threat. i'm certain we'll put up points and the offense will be respectable, if the offensive line can block, but, being down to a 1 scholarship running back and some walkons and walkons starting at o-line. i just don't see it lining up for us. on top of that, look what unc did to us. heck, look what wv state did to us. the defense cannot guard the dual threat.

my prediction, we may get up early, 7-0 or 14-0. maybe or it may be close. but the d will give up a big play and then that'll be the day for them. you watch. the coaching staff doesn't seem to prepare these kids for games and definitely doesn't seem to be able to make in game adjustments. everyone loves swepson, the kids really love him (and the kids hated lembo). but that's a big problem, the team doesn't need a friend as a coach, they need a general or ceo type person.

Saint3333
October 2nd, 2012, 07:43 AM
i don't know if the results would have been different, that's why they play the games, right? i mean, i was at the game when vmi beat you guys in '94, who would have ever thought that that was going to happen? i'm also sure that western never thought we'd beat them while we were dii, but that happened too.

you guys kept played lenoir-rhyne 11 times, north alabama 3 times, gardner-webb 3 times, liberty 1 time, mississippi college 1 time and edinboro 1 time during that 32 year period. that's 20 games, if i count right. but the point is, you guys scheduled plenty of NAIA and DII teams during that 32 year period.

Good research. However the games with North Alabama were while we were D2, and LR was App's rival from the 30'-70's. It's like Wake playing the nearest 1-AA program for all those years. If we were going to play a D2 it was going to be LR. The others were schedule fillers, I certainly don't think App was avoiding Elon, but spin it that way if you want.

Did you look at the scores from those D2 games, 95% weren't close and none were losses.

fc97
October 2nd, 2012, 08:03 AM
Good research. However the games with North Alabama were while we were D2, and LR was App's rival from the 30'-70's. It's like Wake playing the nearest 1-AA program for all those years. If we were going to play a D2 it was going to be LR. The others were schedule fillers, I certainly don't think App was avoiding Elon, but spin it that way if you want.

Did you look at the scores from those D2 games, 95% weren't close and none were losses.

i can't say app avoided elon for sure. i wasn't in meetings. hell, i was in elementary school most of that time. but, it was well documented that rochel laney and alan white had some sort of problem with each other that dated back to some basketball game in the early 80s. no idea what it was, but laney had some sort of problem with elon which lead to him even abstaining from voting us in the conference with everyone else. i heard it was because he wanted to cancel a game for you guys to play a bigger name team, but he didn't want to pay to cancel or pay the payout or reschedule and white said no. can i say that all for sure though, no. just stuff i heard in the press box one year at a game. its not easy to deduce, if laney had a problem, that he avoided scheduling us like the plague. some of those games, like edinboro and gardner-webb were on weekends where we were playing non-conference foes too.

anyway, according to the last media guide i could find online, app was only unofficially d-ii for the 1973 year. that's where i got the numbers from, i didn't count 72 and 73.

PaladinFan
October 2nd, 2012, 08:07 AM
No dog in the fight, but I think if Elon's coach says he wants to be like App State, it isn't "App envy." App should take it as a compliment that they've built a model program in the FCS ranks. Those that are trying to move up the ladder would do well to model what App has done. ASU did not do it overnight.

I really don't think folks at Elon wish they were at App State, or vice versa. Very different schools, but one coach can appreciate what another program has done without being accused of being some "wannabe."

Saint3333
October 2nd, 2012, 08:29 AM
FC Mr. White would have to get in line behind a lot of App fans when it comes to issues with Laney. So if you have a problem with Laney I'm on you're side ;-).

I always wonder where App would be today if we had leadership will Peacock and Cobb in place in the 80's and 90's.

Apphole
October 2nd, 2012, 08:38 AM
I always wonder where App would be today if we had leadership will Peacock and Cobb in place in the 80's and 90's.

The ACC

Smitty
October 2nd, 2012, 08:48 AM
1) Wofford
2) Georgia Southern
3) Samford
4) The Citadel
5) Appalachian State
6) Chattanooga
7) Furman
8) Elon
9) Western Carolina

Predictions
Furman @ Wofford
The Citadel @ Samford
Elon @ Appalachian Stat
Georgia Southern @ Western Carolina - One could dream, but I gave that up a long time ago...

Saint3333
October 2nd, 2012, 09:04 AM
The ACC

Ah, no. I was thinking CUSA.

MorgantonAPPAlum
October 2nd, 2012, 09:14 AM

Much more accurate-among other things, we don't fit the academic profile of the ACC.

Apphole
October 2nd, 2012, 09:17 AM
Much more accurate-among other things, we don't fit the academic profile of the ACC.

We would if we had a decent leader 20-30 years ago. Back then, it wasn't nearly as difficult to reclassify as a national rather than regional institution. Nowadays, The Great Evil on the hill will do everything in it's power to keep a brotha down.

Apphole
October 2nd, 2012, 09:18 AM

Maybe not 20 years ago, but remember we used to be in the conference as a lot of these ACC members.

My girlfriend's parents are VT alums and they are always telling be about the similarities between a 1970's VT (Virginia Polytechnical Institute) and Appalachian today. It's not unfathomable to think that, with the right leadership, ASU could have landed in the promise land 30-40 years ago.

MorgantonAPPAlum
October 2nd, 2012, 09:19 AM
We would if we had a decent leader 20-30 years ago. Back then, it wasn't nearly as difficult to reclassify as a national rather than regional institution. Nowadays, The Great Evil on the hill will do everything in it's power to keep a brotha down.

We would have needed cooperation from the state legislature to get the funding necessary to improve our status to a first-rate research institution and since they pretty much ignore anything west of I-77, I can't see that having happened.

walliver
October 2nd, 2012, 10:37 AM
Maybe not 20 years ago, but remember we used to be in the conference as a lot of these ACC members.

My girlfriend's parents are VT alums and they are always telling be about the similarities between a 1970's VT (Virginia Polytechnical Institute) and Appalachian today. It's not unfathomable to think that, with the right leadership, ASU could have landed in the promise land 30-40 years ago.

By the late 70's, it was well recognized by non-NC ACC members that there were too many NC schools. I doubt that ASU would have ever been considered.

In fact, one of the great weaknesses of the current ACC football situation is having 4 mediocre North Carolina teams (3 on the same TV market.)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Go Apps
October 2nd, 2012, 10:58 AM
1) Wofford
2) Georgia Southern
3) Ciatadl
4) Samford
5) Appalachian State
6) Chattanooga
7) Furman
8) Elon
9) Western Carolina

Predictions
Furman @ Wofford - think Wofford wins a close one
The Citadel @ Samford - think Citadel wins a close one
Elon @ Appalachian State - think ASU wins by 17
Georgia Southern @ Western Carolina - Not sure why I am expecting this to be so close, but something says if GSU turns it over they may lose

fc97
October 2nd, 2012, 11:41 AM
By the late 70's, it was well recognized by non-NC ACC members that there were too many NC schools. I doubt that ASU would have ever been considered.

In fact, one of the great weaknesses of the current ACC football situation is having 4 mediocre North Carolina teams (3 on the same TV market.)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

yeah, i'd be willing to bet if the acc formed today that wake forest would not be included. they'd probably be a big east or atlantic 10 school at best. and remember, it basically took an act of god to get virginia tech in.

BisonFan02
October 2nd, 2012, 12:14 PM
Wofford looks pretty tough this year....would like to see another SoCon team make the trip up to Fargo in the postseason. :)

phoenix3
October 2nd, 2012, 01:01 PM

Yes, but then you would've never been accepted at App and you would be spouting tripe about Watauga Community College.

Apphole
October 2nd, 2012, 01:18 PM
Yes, but then you would've never been accepted at App and you would be spouting tripe about Watauga Community College.

I was admitted to App around the admissions spike of 2007, thank you very much. Probably would have gotten an academic scholarship to peElon.

Saint3333
October 2nd, 2012, 01:30 PM
Apphole took the academic smackdown bait. They have distracted you from your core strength. Elon has a higher SAT average of about 50 points, let's please not take the conversation down that rabbit hole.

fc97
October 2nd, 2012, 01:41 PM
Apphole took the academic smackdown bait. They have distracted you from your core strength. Elon has a higher SAT average of about 50 points, let's please not take the conversation down that rabbit hole.

agreed.

i was going to make a similar comment, but then, app would probably be ecu or uncc size or more if they were fbs for all that time. part of the niceness that drew me to app when i was looking at schools was that it wasn't huge. and a bigger app is going to make the valley horribly cramped. its already a long walk up the mountain to some of the newer residence halls.

after all, bigger doesn't mean better. look at the unc undergrad programs. the students they take and their programs overall really aren't all that impressive. the medical, doctoral and masters programs are what they're known for.

Apphole
October 2nd, 2012, 01:49 PM

That surprising to me. Pretty marginal difference though. In truth, I never even considered Elon because I'm not from New England.

Apphole
October 2nd, 2012, 02:04 PM
agreed.

i was going to make a similar comment, but then, app would probably be ecu or uncc size or more if they were fbs for all that time. part of the niceness that drew me to app when i was looking at schools was that it wasn't huge. and a bigger app is going to make the valley horribly cramped. its already a long walk up the mountain to some of the newer residence halls.

after all, bigger doesn't mean better. look at the unc undergrad programs. the students they take and their programs overall really aren't all that impressive. the medical, doctoral and masters programs are what they're known for.

It's not too bad as far as being cramped goes. I loved having such a bustling area with building just feet from each other. I always called it a "concise" campus.

App's geographic limitations are a main reason it's so hard to get in. Supply and demand ect. A lot of people want to go to school where normal people vacation so we take the smartest of the lot.

fc97
October 2nd, 2012, 02:05 PM
That surprising to me. Pretty marginal difference though. In truth, I never even considered Elon because I'm not from New England.

neither are 81% of elon students

fc97
October 2nd, 2012, 02:07 PM
It's not too bad as far as being cramped goes. I loved having such a bustling area with building just feet from each other. I always called it a "concise" campus.

App's geographic limitations are a main reason it's so hard to get in. Supply and demand ect. A lot of people want to go to school where normal people vacation so we take the smartest of the lot.

no offense, its not all that hard to get into. all you need is a descent sat and a descent gpa and you're good. just like elon and most schools. entry stats are virtually the same for most schools on that tier 1 regional level. its only hard to get into for people that really shouldn't be going to college in the first place.

biggie
October 2nd, 2012, 02:15 PM
Not sure about Elon, but App got much hard to get into in the last 5 years. 10-13k applications for less than 3k spots, put much more on extra activities, etc. I'm sure I wouldn't get into App right now due to all I did back in the day was go to HS and then to work every day.

Saint3333
October 2nd, 2012, 03:42 PM

17k students with a 1150 avg. vs. 4k student of 1200 avg.

I am surprised they can convince 4k student to pay five times as much a year for the same education ;-). For the record my mother was a three sport athlete at Elon in the 70's so I'm allowed some wiggle room with comments like that.

GlassOnion
October 2nd, 2012, 03:48 PM
App is about as big as it will get, and its the perfect size if you ask me. Next decade should see enrollment the same, yet adding on the academic side. Boone has alot of potential to become fairly exclusive for a state school. Im sure Peacock is working towards that, with the $250 million donation drive and such. It will be interesting to see which branches Peacock is going to be able to open up.

Saint3333
October 2nd, 2012, 04:37 PM
I'd look for this partnership with Wake to grow over the next decade. Peacock is attempting to grow this A LOT.

http://www.news.appstate.edu/2011/03/25/appalachian-wake-forest-medicine-announce-collaboration/

In addition something that is fun to talk about now is the Fermentation Science Degree offered at App. I sat at a lucheon with the dean of the College of Sciences about a month ago who talked about this. Its application is really more geared toward water treatment (which could be huge) vs. beer making, but beer is just more fun to talk about.

With the money Seirra Nevada and New Belgium has pumped into Asheville, NC ($250M) there is quite the career path available.

http://www.craftbeer.com/pages/stories/craft-beer-muses/show?title=back-to-school-for-beer-brewing-for-grades

fc97
October 3rd, 2012, 06:54 AM
I'd look for this partnership with Wake to grow over the next decade. Peacock is attempting to grow this A LOT.

http://www.news.appstate.edu/2011/03/25/appalachian-wake-forest-medicine-announce-collaboration/

In addition something that is fun to talk about now is the Fermentation Science Degree offered at App. I sat at a lucheon with the dean of the College of Sciences about a month ago who talked about this. Its application is really more geared toward water treatment (which could be huge) vs. beer making, but beer is just more fun to talk about.

With the money Seirra Nevada and New Belgium has pumped into Asheville, NC ($250M) there is quite the career path available.

http://www.craftbeer.com/pages/stories/craft-beer-muses/show?title=back-to-school-for-beer-brewing-for-grades

that's some pretty cool stuff. some of the school partnerships are really interesting to see. elon has a pre-med program partnership with duke and has a lot of money pumped in for a business degree focus on nascar where nascar pumsp money into the school. this thinking outside the box stuff are pretty good ideas.

ElonPride
October 3rd, 2012, 07:02 AM
17k students with a 1150 avg. vs. 4k student of 1200 avg.

I am surprised they can convince 4k student to pay five times as much a year for the same education ;-). For the record my mother was a three sport athlete at Elon in the 70's so I'm allowed some wiggle room with comments like that.

It was a pretty easy choice on my end. Media was the ticket, and Elon at the time had hands down the best equipment, TV facilities & very intimate hands on learning. I guess they taught me well, I have several Emmys sitting on my mantle at home! :)

Truth be told, you can learn what you want/need anywhere. College is what you make of it.

Eaglegus2
October 3rd, 2012, 07:37 AM
Do not use special needs people in your attacks on anyone. That is childish and just not cool!!! I am sure there are many people on this board who find no humor or reason for you to do this. People live with these issues daily that would probably clean the floor with you if you said it to there face. Yes, I have two autistic sons and there is no place for this on this board.

Thank you for calling them on this issue. I have a great niece who has Downs. It is immature for grown men to try to degrade someone by using special needs people as examples of their behavior.

OLDMAIN80
October 3rd, 2012, 07:55 AM
I thought this thread was for SOCON week 6 predicitions. xpeacex

T-Dog
October 3rd, 2012, 08:17 AM
awesome article

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Oy6DwHAi70

To be fair, what else was I supposed to write about for a PGish website?

Saint3333
October 3rd, 2012, 08:29 AM
It was a pretty easy choice on my end. Media was the ticket, and Elon at the time had hands down the best equipment, TV facilities & very intimate hands on learning. I guess they taught me well, I have several Emmys sitting on my mantle at home! :)

Truth be told, you can learn what you want/need anywhere. College is what you make of it.

Agreed but some just pay 1/5th for itxsmiley_wix

phoenix3
October 3rd, 2012, 08:59 AM
I was admitted to App around the admissions spike of 2007, thank you very much. Probably would have gotten an academic scholarship to peElon.

Dawg, focus. I didn't say anything about Elon. I said you couldn't have gotten into an ACC school. I'm starting to agree with fc97 about your Elon obsession.

fc97
October 3rd, 2012, 09:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Oy6DwHAi70

To be fair, what else was I supposed to write about for a PGish website?

hehe, star wars reference is always appropriate.

i agree with lots of what you posted as good solid rubs against us, until it started in in fountains, lake, bells and trash cans. seriously, you're just digging deep for some of that stuff.

T-Dog
October 3rd, 2012, 09:53 AM
hehe, star wars reference is always appropriate.

i agree with lots of what you posted as good solid rubs against us, until it started in in fountains, lake, bells and trash cans. seriously, you're just digging deep for some of that stuff.

You've only been in the conference for nine years. I worked with what I could.

Now thaty I'm thinking ahead, doing my section on Samford this weekend is gonna suck. Sullivan doesn't say anything memorable and they've only been in the conference for 4 years. Plus they're out in Alabama in their little corner of the conference.

fc97
October 3rd, 2012, 11:35 AM
You've only been in the conference for nine years. I worked with what I could.

Now thaty I'm thinking ahead, doing my section on Samford this weekend is gonna suck. Sullivan doesn't say anything memorable and they've only been in the conference for 4 years. Plus they're out in Alabama in their little corner of the conference.

well sullivan is a seasoned professional who knows what to do in di football. he knows what to say and not to say. lembo had an ego and swepson is just sorta clueless, you can tell by his comments in interviews. heck, if i were you,i would have pulled out the gem when swepson said we were a good team after the 62-0 unc game. to me, that summed swepson up. inability to see reality.

plus, there's a lot more to come up with otherwise when thousands more fans can and will go to games here than travel down there.

Apphole
October 3rd, 2012, 11:49 AM
Dawg, focus. I didn't say anything about Elon. I said you couldn't have gotten into an ACC school. I'm starting to agree with fc97 about your Elon obsession.

Yeah. The subject changed while you were away. Try to keep up or at least read the context.

SoCon48
October 3rd, 2012, 11:53 AM

You're spot on about "Truth be told, you can learn what you want/need anywhere. College is what you make of it" Look at David Jackson.

SoCon48
October 3rd, 2012, 11:56 AM

But historicall, Elon had admissions standards lower than many of the other NC colleges. It's only in the past couple decades that they set the bar much higher especially for athletes.

SoCon48
October 3rd, 2012, 11:58 AM

:) They were only a very few points higher when they entered the SoCon.

SoCon48
October 3rd, 2012, 12:01 PM

That's odd. It wasn't long ago that gophoenix and others were saying that the reason Elon football attendance was relatively low despite being closer to urban demographic areas than ASU was that so many of the alumni were clustered in the NE. So which is it?

fc97
October 3rd, 2012, 12:18 PM
That's odd. It wasn't long ago that gophoenix and others were saying that the reason Elon football attendance was relatively low despite being closer to urban demographic areas than ASU was that so many of the alumni were clustered in the NE. So which is it?

new england is only part of the ne. only 35% are from virginia and south. he specifically said new england which does not include new jersey, new york, pennsylvania or ohio. couple that with a majority of alumni living in dc to boston after elon. but you are also comparing elon to asu in attendance? there are less living alumni from elon total than there are app grads in the last 10 years, it helps that also that 82% of the app grads stay in the state according to the the app alumni website. you know, winning helps to. no one is going to drive hours to see their team get stomped.

GlassOnion
October 3rd, 2012, 12:32 PM

North Carolina 28%
Maryland 8%
Virginia 8%
Massachusetts 8%
New Jersey 8%
Pennsylvania 6%
Connecticut 5%
New York 4%
Florida 4%

Thats nearly 50% of students coming from "Yankee," or "Yankee-ish" states. The 2014 and 2013 class are both down to 24% NC students, so its dropping.

fc97
October 3rd, 2012, 12:45 PM
North Carolina 28%
Maryland 8%
Virginia 8%
Massachusetts 8%
New Jersey 8%
Pennsylvania 6%
Connecticut 5%
New York 4%
Florida 4%

Thats nearly 50% of students coming from "Yankee," or "Yankee-ish" states. The 2014 and 2013 class are both down to 24% NC students, so its dropping.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England

13% are from ct and ma. another 6% are total are from nh, vt and me. 19%. 100% - 19% = 81% from outside new england.

seriously, anything else you want to push? 28% from nc, 4% from fl, 8% from va, 8% from md. that alone is 48% from non-yankee states.

GlassOnion
October 3rd, 2012, 12:51 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England

13% are from ct and ma. another 6% are total are from nh, vt and me. 19%. 100% - 19% = 81% from outside new england.

Yankees are not limited to "New England." Ever heard of the New York Yankees? The Civil War had more to do with defining the term "yankees" we know today than did colonial america.

fc97
October 3rd, 2012, 12:59 PM
Yankees are not limited to "New England." Ever heard of the New York Yankees? The Civil War had more to do with defining the term "yankees" we know today than did colonial america.

you guys are dense. apphole talked new england, then i had to explain what new england is, then you quoted stats and said yankee-ish. and if the civil war termed more what was yankee and what wasn't (as you say), then please see what i posted. 48% in that list alone are not yankee. maryland, delaware, kentucky, west virginia, missouri were not yankee states as dictated by history.

North Carolina 28%
Maryland 8%
Virginia 8%
Massachusetts 8%
New Jersey 8%
Pennsylvania 6%
Connecticut 5%
New York 4%
Florida 4%

quote from you a second ago. from that list, that is only 31% from yankee-ish states. 31% is not nearly 50%

GlassOnion
October 3rd, 2012, 01:09 PM
If anyone is dense it is you. I am not Apphole, so you need to take whatever he posts up with him. I am not responsible for someone elses' posts. So put that in your pipe. Next, Maryland, Massachusetts, Ney Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, New York, and even Florida are considered "Yankee" states to just about everyone that lives in a Southern state. Florida's population has exploded by yankees retiring down there. Virginia is being "yankeefied" as we speak thanks to a large military and federal government presence.

If you want to split hairs go right ahead, but as long as a large majority of Elon student hail from the Northeastern USA, youre yankees.

woffordgrad94
October 3rd, 2012, 01:13 PM
Good gravy, has this thread gotton off topic or what? Let me try to steer it right again:

My SoCon rankings:

1. WOFFORD: not the toughest schedule, but has solidly taken care of business and is only unbeaten team
2. APPALACHIAN STATE: very impressive against a pretty good Coastal Carolina team that owns a win vs. Furman
3. GEORGIA SOUTHERN: nice conference win against Samford, could be about to go on a streak
4. THE CITADEL: an enigma after beating GSU and ASU then losing to Chatty, we'll have to wait and see on them
5. SAMFORD: still a dangerous team- just ran into an angry GSU that badly needed a win
6. CHATTANOOGA: another team I don't quite yet know what to make of...they could move up or down
7. FURMAN: might be a year away from contention
8. ELON: looked pretty weak against the Terriers... I expected them to push us more
9. WESTERN CAROLINA: new coach, but so far it's the same song, different verse

My Saturday predictions:

Wofford 42, Furman 28...Paladins keep it close for a while, but Terriers have too much offense in the end
Appalachian State 55, Elon 17...Phoenix get shot for sport up in Boone
Georgia Southern 45, Western Carolina 24...another difficult day for the Catamounts
Samford 24, The Citadel 21...should be tough and hard-fought; loser will have a tough time rebounding in the playoff picture
a nod to the home team here

Apphole
October 3rd, 2012, 01:21 PM
If anyone is dense it is you. I am not Apphole, so you need to take whatever he posts up with him. I am not responsible for someone elses' posts. So put that in your pipe. Next, Maryland, Massachusetts, Ney Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, New York, and even Florida are considered "Yankee" states to just about everyone that lives in a Southern state. Florida's population has exploded by yankees retiring down there. Virginia is being "yankeefied" as we speak thanks to a large military and federal government presence.

If you want to split hairs go right ahead, but as long as a large majority of Elon student hail from the Northeastern USA, youre yankees.

That guy will go on and on and on about anything. New England, the north east in general, who cares? Point is, it's a Yankee school with a small amount on NC students relative to the transplants. Why is it such a hot issue with him anyway? Maybe he realizes that Yankees are *** holes and perhaps that's why the Elon "fanbase" is such a thorn to every real SoCon team.

phoenix3
October 3rd, 2012, 01:54 PM
Yeah. The subject changed while you were away. Try to keep up or at least read the context.

Yes and you're the one who changed it with that post about Elon! How in heaven's name are you still alive being that dumb?!

woffordgrad94
October 3rd, 2012, 01:55 PM
Elon fans are smacking the Apphole around a bit

Apphole
October 3rd, 2012, 02:07 PM
Elon fans are smacking the Apphole around a bit

xlolx What game are you watching?

Apphole
October 3rd, 2012, 02:11 PM
Yes and you're the one who changed it with that post about Elon! How in heaven's name are you still alive being that dumb?!

Wrong. There were two things being discussed after this exchange and I'm not the one that started it.

I responded to

With

The ACC talk continued for a bit and was unrelated. I did not mention Elon until an Elon fan insulted me/App. This exchanged is what began the tangent. It was a "could App have been in a better conference with better leadership back in the day" convo, that was split into an App/Elon squabble after Phoenex3's comment. Care to try again?

phoenix3
October 3rd, 2012, 02:19 PM
Nice side step. I guess you're not quite as dumb as I thought. Not quite. You changed the subject from the ACC to Elon. Obsessed.

ElonPride
October 3rd, 2012, 02:27 PM
Nice side step. I guess you're not quite as dumb as I thought. Not quite. You changed the subject from the ACC to Elon. Obsessed.

The dude's got Phoenix envy. Plain and simple.

App's got some good ones in their fanbase. This kid obviously isn't one of them.

Apphole
October 3rd, 2012, 02:36 PM

Wow. That clearly contradicts the evidence I just presented that directly addressed your accusation: that I started the ol App/Elon **** show. Directly addressing it means not sidestepping. Yeah, it seems that not one single bit of the quoted post is true. Who's the dumb one again?

Apphole
October 3rd, 2012, 02:37 PM
The dude's got Phoenix envy. Plain and simple.

App's got some good ones in their fanbase. This kid obviously isn't one of them.

ElonFirefighter is cool. The rest of you are dingbats with little man syndrome. Can't wait to light up the score board on Saturday. Your team is terrible.

phoenix3
October 3rd, 2012, 03:43 PM
Unbelievable! The first mention of Elon is in your "evidence". Can't you read your own posts? Obsessed, obsessed & dumb.

GlassOnion
October 3rd, 2012, 04:27 PM
Ok, Elon, lets talk football. Why is Elons' DL going featherweight? Ive got a 238 lb average on them, whats the deal?

Apphole
October 3rd, 2012, 05:06 PM
Ok, Elon, lets talk football. Why is Elons' DL going featherweight? Ive got a 238 lb average on them, whats the deal?

Geez. Jamal is going to have hours to throw the ball. Over under for Millers yards on Saturday? I'm thinking 150?

PaladinFan
October 3rd, 2012, 05:44 PM
Geez. Jamal is going to have hours to throw the ball. Over under for Millers yards on Saturday? I'm thinking 150?

Not that numbers make any difference, but Elon has the SoCon's top defense against the pass. They've got more sacks than App State, too.

phoenix3
October 3rd, 2012, 05:55 PM

I would love to give you a logical explanation on that, but unfortunately I have the same question. The hype was we were going after speed but after seeing last week's display, that isn't plausable either. Gosh, I would love to come on this board and tell you why this year Elon is going to kick App's behind. But I can't. I would also love to tell you it's because we're young. While that's true, I'm really not sure how much we have to develop. I think our offense will give your D some serious competition. But again, after the Wofford game, I'm just not sure we will be able to get enough stops to make what we do offensively matter.

ChetSteadman
October 3rd, 2012, 06:06 PM
Not that numbers make any difference, but Elon has the SoCon's top defense against the pass. They've got more sacks than App State, too.

They've played 2 triple option teams so far, that has to pad the stats a bit...

Give 'em hell!

App1928
October 3rd, 2012, 06:19 PM
When it comes down to it, Elon does not have the guns to down the Mountaineers in Boone. App leads the series 30-9-1 and has won 17 straight (I believe). App simply reloads. This is not a knock on the Phoenix, they are a strong team with a solid core following, but at KBS will be a little too much to handle.

Rankings:

1. Wofford - Weak schedule, but taking care of business. Cannot punish them yet.
2. Appalachian State - With the exception of the citadel meltdown, great game vs ECU, and 3 solid resume building wins, all in impressive fashion.
3. Georgia Southern - Hard to tell, but win over Samford very impressive.
4. The Citadel - Not willing to say they got lucky vs. GSU or App, may still make playoffs but doubt will make a run.
5. Samford - Despite GSU lost, have looked very strong, probably weakest SoCon team to compete for playoff spot.
6. Chattanooga - Won't make the playoffs, but can beat anyone, great win vs the citadel.
7. Furman - Team will get better, I predict will finish 4th or 5th in the league by the seasons end.
8. Elon - I expect their best game of the season (as everyone has) vs. App. It's their superbowl, but eliminated from playoff contention with loss.
9. Western Carolina - Bad team. Maybe the worst team in any major FCS conference.

Predictions:

Wofford 28-21 Furman - Woffy on upset alert. Could go either way but I think the Terriers will take the win late.
App State 34-14 Elon - App jumps on them early, Elon fights back but camp overcome the talent gap.
GA Southern 41-10 Western Carolina - Western is bad, Eagles go easy on them.
The Citadel 20-14 Samford - Game of the week - Loser's playoff hopes take massive hit.

GATA_Eagles
October 3rd, 2012, 06:36 PM
9. Western Carolina - Bad team. Maybe the worst team in any major FCS conference.

You're overlooking the CAA and GA State :P

GlassOnion
October 3rd, 2012, 06:45 PM
I would love to give you a logical explanation on that, but unfortunately I have the same question. The hype was we were going after speed but after seeing last week's display, that isn't plausable either. Gosh, I would love to come on this board and tell you why this year Elon is going to kick App's behind. But I can't. I would also love to tell you it's because we're young. While that's true, I'm really not sure how much we have to develop. I think our offense will give your D some serious competition. But again, after the Wofford game, I'm just not sure we will be able to get enough stops to make what we do offensively matter.

Well, look at it this way, if Elon does win, it will be a surprise. Everyone loves surprises... cept us if we lose...xbadx

App1928
October 3rd, 2012, 06:52 PM
You're overlooking the CAA and GA State :P

I'm not sure what GA State puts on the field even constitutes as a football team by definition haha.

ElonPride
October 3rd, 2012, 06:58 PM

Well said. The thing is, I like Swepson and the players seemingly respond well to him - as described in the Times News when he returned from his heart issue. Things aren't looking good at the moment, but he seems to have a plan. I'm more than willing to give it some time to develop.

App1928
October 3rd, 2012, 07:02 PM
Anyone else think Furman can give Wofford a run this weekend?

Eaglesrus
October 3rd, 2012, 09:02 PM

Don't know, but I sure hope so!

SoCon48
October 3rd, 2012, 09:25 PM
ElonFirefighter is cool. The rest of you are dingbats with little man syndrome. Can't wait to light up the score board on Saturday. Your team is terrible.

ElonPride is an OK dude.

SoCon48
October 3rd, 2012, 09:31 PM
new england is only part of the ne. only 35% are from virginia and south. he specifically said new england which does not include new jersey, new york, pennsylvania or ohio. couple that with a majority of alumni living in dc to boston after elon. but you are also comparing elon to asu in attendance? there are less living alumni from elon total than there are app grads in the last 10 years, it helps that also that 82% of the app grads stay in the state according to the the app alumni website. you know, winning helps to. no one is going to drive hours to see their team get stomped.
However, Elon is closer to urban areas than App,so Elon should get more Wal-Mart fans than App despite the presence of the Big Four. IMOp

seantaylor
October 4th, 2012, 12:36 AM
Predictions:

Wofford 38-17 Furman - Woffy wins fairly easily, eliminating Furman's playoffs
App State 42-31 Elon - Shootout, but Appy pulls away late.
GA Southern 49-3 Western Carolina - GSU starts rolling behing McKinnon. Izzy has a big day at aback.
Samford 24-21 Citadel - Game of the week - Sammy has too much D at home.

woffordgrad94
October 4th, 2012, 02:11 AM

NO!!! :D

PaladinFan
October 4th, 2012, 04:57 AM

Furman was the underdog last year as well. Wofford is going to get punched this weekend. We'll see if they stay on their feet.

A win in Spartanburg will thrust Furman squarely back into the conference title and playoff conversation. There's a lot riding on this game.

fc97
October 4th, 2012, 07:18 AM
However, Elon is closer to urban areas than App,so Elon should get more Wal-Mart fans than App despite the presence of the Big Four. IMOp

and some days they do. they've done days for local churches and kids get in free type days under lembo that translated to a few thousand extra for a few games here and there.

if this was the 80s or 90s things would be different. but with so many games on cable and satellite, there are lots of people that would rather sit home and watch whatever is on tv than pay $15-$20 per ticket to go see the local team anymore no matter who they are playing. so we'll get our 8000 on bad years or near 10,000 on good years and that's probably the cap for now or we'll get our standard 11,000ish for homecoming and family weekend when people are down this way anyway.

and then there is the pain in the tail parking. back when we played at burlington memorial with free parking, you saw many more locals at games. you could simply drive up, park in the neighborhool, and walk. but again, that was in the 90s and there wasn't the crazy selection of almost every fbs game on tv, basically, for free to watch. even i don't go to games too much, it's hard shelling out $100 plus gas plus parking all the time. money isn't what it used to be anymore. minor league sports in the usa is having the same problem. why go pay $100 for a night of minor league hockey or baseball when you can watch any game on tv for free.

now, where are the students? that's a good question. it seems only the southern students come to games and a few hardcore northeastern types. and i think that's a mentality problem because pro sports are so much bigger for northeast people than for southerners. down south, you grow up following the colleges because there are no pro teams. up north, you have 1 or 2 pro teams withing an hour or so form nearly everyone.

but to be fair, it's hard to leverage how many are locals and how many aren't. i'm not sure anyone up your way can really say how many people showing up are locals vs alumni in reality. overall, maybe we do get more walmart fans than you do, there's just no real way to tell. sorry.

jpincince
October 4th, 2012, 10:19 AM
As a college football fan whose loyalty is more to family than any particular school, I'm still pretty new to following Elon and the SoCon. (Though I'll always be a Rhody fan because I was born and still live in RI, sad as being a Rhody fan can be). So I don't know the history here as well as most of the rest of you, although as an outsider/newcomer it's pretty obvious that App has dominated this rivalry. Last year's Elon loss to App was a heartbreaker. But, I'm hopeful that that game, and the way Elon competed on the road at GSU, will give the team confidence it can win Saturday. I think the D will show up this week and get a few turnovers, maybe one for a score. I hope the O can move the ball well again and finish drives with TDs rather than FGs. Prediction? Who the hell knows. Maybe . . . . 31-30 Elon.

jpincince
October 4th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Is the App video feed good? I plan to be watching here in Rhode Island.

woffordgrad94
October 4th, 2012, 10:25 AM
No way does Elon win at The Rock. Sorry. I know The Citadel won there, but El Cid runs an unconventional offense in the option and they caught App by surprise. Elon won't do that. App is starting to hit its stride now...I don't see it being close.

Apphole
October 4th, 2012, 10:35 AM

Assuming you mean the goasu feed? I've never had the displeasure of watching a game on goasutv besides at a bar, but from the endless griping I read on the MMB, it's pretty ****ing terrible. People complain that it cuts in and out, the picture quality sucks and it lags. Many just turn it off and listen to the audio broadcast out of frustration. If dropping $14 or how ever much it is is no biggy, I'd say go for it, but don't expect anything less than a terrible broadcast.

jpincince
October 4th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Assuming you mean the goasu feed? I've never had the displeasure of watching a game on goasutv besides at a bar, but from the endless griping I read on the MMB, it's pretty ****ing terrible. People complain that it cuts in and out, the picture quality sucks and it lags. Many just turn it off and listen to the audio broadcast out of frustration. If dropping $14 or how ever much it is is no biggy, I'd say go for it, but don't expect anything less than a terrible broadcast.

Ugh. Maybe I can still get a good flight down there. I hate just listening.

Apphole
October 4th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Ugh. Maybe I can still get a good flight down there. I hate just listening.

You're in for a treat if you do! Except for the Elon loss of course xsmiley_wix

asumike83
October 4th, 2012, 11:17 AM

Mediocre at best. I pay for the service (primarily for baseball/basketball season) and watched the CCU replay. Honestly, I thought it played well without cutting out but the picture and sound quality leaves something to be desired. I'll be right there with you this weekend though, missing my first home game in years. Who the hell gets married during football season?!

Apphole
October 4th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Who the hell gets married during football season?!

Carolina fans

Skjellyfetti
October 4th, 2012, 12:21 PM
xcoffeex

"We're going to beat them this weekend."
-Elon DL, Tony Thompson

http://elonpendulum.com/2012/10/breaking-point-elon-app-state-football-showdown-this-saturday-crucial-in-more-ways-than-one/

Apphole
October 4th, 2012, 12:31 PM
xcoffeex

-Elon DL, Tony Thompson

http://elonpendulum.com/2012/10/breaking-point-elon-app-state-football-showdown-this-saturday-crucial-in-more-ways-than-one/

Just tweeted that to about 8 App players.

biggie
October 4th, 2012, 12:46 PM
My damn friend as well next weekend. Both him and the woman went to app and have season tickets. They just have to accept they'll I'll be on my iphone the entire wedding.

asucrutch23
October 4th, 2012, 12:48 PM

There's a reason my anniversary is August 27. xshhhx xsmiley_wix

SpeedkingATL
October 4th, 2012, 12:50 PM

Although the feed on GoASU isn't the best, it is far from awful and they have improved the quality over the last few years. I have found it a godsend on the weekends I can't make it to The Rock. I have good cable high-speed and have had little issue the last couple of years with the picture cutting out, ect. Not the best, but beats the alternative. Make the trip to Boone as it's lovely this time of year and you will have a blast except for the outcome of the game. I expect a tight contest with the Apps prevailing at Kidd Brewer.

fc97
October 4th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Although the feed on GoASU isn't the best, it is far from awful and they have improved the quality over the last few years. I have found it a godsend on the weekends I can't make it to The Rock. I have good cable high-speed and have had little issue the last couple of years with the picture cutting out, ect. Not the best, but beats the alternative. Make the trip to Boone as it's lovely this time of year and you will have a blast except for the outcome of the game. I expect a tight contest with the Apps prevailing at Kidd Brewer.

are tickets still available?

ASUMountaineer
October 4th, 2012, 02:12 PM
awesome article

I am very jealous of Elon, there I said it. xlolx

ASUMountaineer
October 4th, 2012, 02:15 PM

As much as it pains me, I agree with you. I have never understood some of our fans' interest in talking about intentional shots by Elon. We won the games, let's move on. I'm much more concerned about keeping Elon winless against ASU as a SoCon member.

ASUMountaineer
October 4th, 2012, 02:16 PM
wow, talk about whining posts. the obsession with elon continues with you. it's funny just how much you have to talk about us. YOU have an obsessions with elon.

and your anger and downright distasteful way that you go after people. you're a sad little man and I feel bad for you.

Wait. I thought Apphole was obsessed with UNCC?

asumike83
October 4th, 2012, 02:19 PM

Not reserved seats but you can still get general admission/standing room.

SpeedkingATL
October 4th, 2012, 02:20 PM

Likely standing room only are still available, many of which reside on the grass hill in the end zone. Might be a few scattered singles which is about all that is left for any App home game this year. Check on the www.goasu.com website.

Apphole
October 4th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Wait. I thought Apphole was obsessed with UNCC?

Yeah that's right. You talk to a fanbase for too long, you're obsessed with them.

Apphole
October 4th, 2012, 02:49 PM

AKA the hill. Or a student section. But I wouldn't advise you to enter the mosh pit with a maroon shirt on.

fc97
October 4th, 2012, 03:01 PM

those are both studentish sections right? that might be too much risk.

Saint3333
October 4th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Elon is going to be pumped those first couple series. It is going to be critical to score early and hold them off. If App don't and they start believing they can they might. There is some serious hate ingrained in those Elon players from day one towards App.

It's like playing WCU with better athletes.

Apphole
October 4th, 2012, 03:04 PM
The Hill will be a motley group. A random assortment of all sorts of fans. How many students are there will depend on how many come in general. Once the other student sections are full, some students are forced to the hill. Rest assured, if there are students on the hill, they will most likely be the most intoxicated of them all since they tailgated until just prior to kickoff instead of going in 1-2 hours early.

I wouldn't sweat it though, man. No one is going to bother you unless you run off at the mouth a whole lot. You'll get heckled at the very most and that's gonna happen regardless of where you sit.

Apphole
October 4th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Elon is going to be pumped those first couple series. It is going to be critical to score early and hold them off. If App don't and they start believing they can they might. There is some serious hate ingrained in those Elon players from day one towards App.

It's like playing WCU with better athletes.

They were sure pumped at the beginning last year. I was at the game and remember thinking, "Man, so this is the year. This is the year Elon finally gets us and they aren't even good this year." Well we all know how that turned out. Hopefully it won't even be close this year. It certainly shouldn't be, but these guys HATE us. We're talking some sith type powers here.

http://i.qkme.me/3pp16a.jpg

ElonPride
October 4th, 2012, 03:15 PM
They were sure pumped at the beginning last year. I was at the game and remember thinking, "Man, so this is the year. This is the year Elon finally gets us and they aren't even good this year." Well we all know how that turned out. Hopefully it won't even be close this year. It certainly shouldn't be, but these guys HATE us. We're talking some sith type powers here.

Ok. Now that was funny!

asumike83
October 4th, 2012, 03:27 PM

xlolx

I won't lie, I thought they were going to get us last year. Fortunately, our boys rewarded me for staying until the end. We took a big bus up from Charlotte with both App and Elon fans, quite the interesting ride home!

SpeedkingATL
October 4th, 2012, 04:00 PM

There are lots of areas to stand around the stadium and at the top of the grass hill wouldn't be too bad. Our students and a few alumni can be as drunk and stupid as any other group, just don't act like a jerk. I've heard all the horror stories about Statesboro for App fans and have made many trips there without serious incident. Just don't feel like you have to react everytime someone yells something stupid or just smile at them and the issue will usually go away. Visit some of the tailgates and you will find most App fans quick with a beverage and ready to talk football. It's a great place for college football especially in October with the changing of the leaves etc.

Saint3333
October 4th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Stand on the concourse at the top of the east side stands behind the Elon section (north endzone).

AppStsGr8
October 4th, 2012, 06:38 PM

Your wife is incredibly smart.

fc97
October 4th, 2012, 09:35 PM
There are lots of areas to stand around the stadium and at the top of the grass hill wouldn't be too bad. Our students and a few alumni can be as drunk and stupid as any other group, just don't act like a jerk. I've heard all the horror stories about Statesboro for App fans and have made many trips there without serious incident. Just don't feel like you have to react everytime someone yells something stupid or just smile at them and the issue will usually go away. Visit some of the tailgates and you will find most App fans quick with a beverage and ready to talk football. It's a great place for college football especially in October with the changing of the leaves etc.

something i learned a long time ago, don't run your mouth at an opposing stadium anywhere. its just not, how to say, respectful. gsu is the worst, bad enough i just left the last time and haven't been back. i've been at app games in the student section and stayed quiet. it's one thing to watch your team lose, it's another to watch your team lose with a bunch of people you don't know heckling you til you leave for just watching a game quietly.

that's why i'm saying, might be better just to watch the feed for my blood pressure's sake.

Skjellyfetti
October 4th, 2012, 09:42 PM
something i learned a long time ago, don't run your mouth at an opposing stadium anywhere. its just not, how to say, respectful. gsu is the worst, bad enough i just left the last time and haven't been back. i've been at app games in the student section and stayed quiet. it's one thing to watch your team lose, it's another to watch your team lose with a bunch of people you don't know heckling you til you leave for just watching a game quietly.

that's why i'm saying, might be better just to watch the feed for my blood pressure's sake.

Yup. I learned my lesson in 2008 at JMU. I was a student at the time... and I was sitting directly next to the JMU band. In the first half I was running my mouth a lot (goodnatured ribbing... not yelling obscenities and the such) as we cruised to a 21-0 halftime lead. Well... needless to say... in the second half... I caught HELL (and deservedly so). Certainly a big lesson in being a visiting fan. xlolx

ElCid
October 4th, 2012, 10:29 PM

Well good on you. Mine is actually today, 4 Oct. But is OK to get married during football season, especially if your wife loves football. Luckily, mine does almost as much as I do. She would put a lot of people to shame on this board with her knowledge.

Skjellyfetti
October 4th, 2012, 11:34 PM
xcoffeex

-Elon DL, Tony Thompson

This article was sent to the entire Appalachian State student body (or maybe just Student Yosef Club members... not sure) in this week's Mountaineer Update. xlolx

fc97
October 5th, 2012, 06:59 AM
This article was sent to the entire Appalachian State student body (or maybe just Student Yosef Club members... not sure) in this week's Mountaineer Update. xlolx

we never fail to give you guys enough locker room material.

SoCon48
October 5th, 2012, 07:39 AM

Sitting in the student section in any opponent's stadium is unwise. Sit with the adults and also tail gate with the many who will invite you if you come by.

phoenix3
October 5th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Here's one for you Apphole. I am truly envious of App's gameday atmosphere. Not enough to be an App mind you. But there's no denying that you and GSU have the best & I'd probably give the edge to App. Now pi$$ off.

CID1990
October 5th, 2012, 11:23 AM
I'm thinking of changing my prediction. Our defense has holes and they have been made worse due to us losing our lead tackler for the season. CSU exposed our D. I think GSU was an anomaly because we know how to defend the option. ASU was where we played at our best, but that just isn't sustainable.

The wheels really start to come off tomorrow:

Samford 28
El Cid 7

Apphole
October 5th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Here's one for you Apphole. I am truly envious of App's gameday atmosphere. Not enough to be an App mind you. But there's no denying that you and GSU have the best & I'd probably give the edge to App. Now pi$$ off.

xhighfivex

walliver
October 5th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Furman @ Wofford - close for 3 quarters, Big Dogs pull out 14 point win with dominant 4th quarter
The Citadel @ Samford - The battle of the lesser dogs - not sure which Citadel team will show up, but I pick Samford by 3
Elon @ Appalachian State - ASU has bounced back, Elon hasn't. Hillbillies by 21
Georgia Southern @ Western Carolina - WCU scores a few touchdowns, but gives up many. Could be a closer game if GSU doesn't handle the ball well.
Chattanooga struggles, but does not lose to Open Date.

SCPALADIN
October 5th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Furman @ Wofford - close for 3 quarters, Big Dogs pull out 14 point win with dominant 4th quarter

We've consistently played like crap in the 4th quarter this season. I can definitely see this happening tomorrow.

SU DOG
October 6th, 2012, 10:23 AM
I'm thinking of changing my prediction. Our defense has holes and they have been made worse due to us losing our lead tackler for the season. CSU exposed our D. I think GSU was an anomaly because we know how to defend the option. ASU was where we played at our best, but that just isn't sustainable.

The wheels really start to come off tomorrow:

Samford 28
El Cid 7

I don't know what to make of this post. Baiting maybe? That spread is unrealistic, and I would be very happy with a 1-point Samford win. Also, our students, who have been very good with enthusiastic support this season, are out for fall break so the attendance will probably be very bad.

CID1990
October 6th, 2012, 11:58 AM
I don't know what to make of this post. Baiting maybe? That spread is unrealistic, and I would be very happy with a 1-point Samford win. Also, our students, who have been very good with enthusiastic support this season, are out for fall break so the attendance will probably be very bad.

Baiting for what?

None of that has anything to do with our defense, or with Samford's defense. We'll see if El Cid proves me wrong, but there are chinks in the armor that have been exposed over the last two weeks.

OL FU
October 6th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Baiting for what?

None of that has anything to do with our defense, or with Samford's defense. We'll see if El Cid proves me wrong, but there are chinks in the armor that have been exposed over the last two weeks.

It is looking like you were dead on