PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 5

superman7515
September 29th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Woo hoo! We actually got done at a decent hour here in the East Coast. Haha. That being said, ESPN is still not counting conference wins for the Big Sky if the team played in the Great West last season. I have no idea why, but double check me because I'm not positive I caught everything (you look at the same numbers too many times, you aren't sure what you just looked at). Also, does the Fordham vs Lehigh game count as a conference game for Lehigh? I counted it for now, I know Fordham isn't eligible yadda yadda yadda, but does Lehigh get a conference win or just a win? Realistically it doesn't matter for my ballot if it was a conference win or not, but I'd like it to be accurate, so I'll fix it if not. Anyway, hope this helps and good luck with your ballots this week when the rest of the games finish.

AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 5 2012 (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgtKAORz8z6vdHdSX1hUUG9NTEhLbXhjVGMxMjZZM kE#gid=0)

LehighU11
September 29th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Woo hoo! We actually got done at a decent hour here in the East Coast. Haha. That being said, ESPN is still not counting conference wins for the Big Sky if the team played in the Great West last season. I have no idea why, but double check me because I'm not positive I caught everything (you look at the same numbers too many times, you aren't sure what you just looked at). Also, does the Fordham vs Lehigh game count as a conference game for Lehigh? I counted it for now, I know Fordham isn't eligible yadda yadda yadda, but does Lehigh get a conference win or just a win? Realistically it doesn't matter for my ballot if it was a conference win or not, but I'd like it to be accurate, so I'll fix it if not. Anyway, hope this helps and good luck with your ballots this week when the rest of the games finish.

AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 5 2012 (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgtKAORz8z6vdHdSX1hUUG9NTEhLbXhjVGMxMjZZM kE#gid=0)

No conference win for Lehigh over Fordham.

ITmonarch10
September 29th, 2012, 10:32 PM
I think NDSU and ODU are both 1-0 vs the AGS Top 25. NDSU just beat UNI and ODU defeated UNH last week.

DoubleE
September 29th, 2012, 10:42 PM
i wonder with montana state barely beating southern utah if YSU can pass them in the coaches/sports network poll see we can get #1 vs #2 this weekend

ITmonarch10
September 29th, 2012, 10:54 PM
I doubt that would happen since Youngstown State had a bye week. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Towson moved up for a decent showing against LSU. *Also, Im calling LSU drops at least a spot for the ugly win over a FCS team*

jmufan999
September 29th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Can I just make a suggestion for next year? Instead of FBS wins, how about just putting "FBS record". Towson has now played 2 FBS teams and some teams haven't played any... and may have even played a Division II team. You could just put a "-" if the team never played an FBS team and you'd enter the record vs. FBS teams if they did.

I-16Bandit
September 29th, 2012, 11:56 PM
However, I wouldn't be surprised if Towson moved up for a decent showing against LSU.

So moral victories are counting now?

ITmonarch10
September 30th, 2012, 12:39 AM
So moral victories are counting now?
More Like a combination of
1) Delaware, UNI, and EL CID losing
2) Limited Resume (Only playing 4 games so far)
3) Being punished 4 spots (10 to 14 for losing to currently 3-1 Kent State) While other teams such El Cid, UNI, JMU, and UNH weren't punished at all

IDK a good showing against LSU might be worth moving a spot or 2 closer to there original preseason rank considering all they have are FBS loses

Squealofthepig
September 30th, 2012, 01:28 AM
Can I just make a suggestion for next year? Instead of FBS wins, how about just putting "FBS record". Towson has now played 2 FBS teams and some teams haven't played any... and may have even played a Division II team. You could just put a "-" if the team never played an FBS team and you'd enter the record vs. FBS teams if they did.

+1 just as a good recommendation.

Squealofthepig
September 30th, 2012, 01:36 AM
More Like a combination of
1) Delaware, UNI, and EL CID losing
2) Limited Resume (Only playing 4 games so far)
3) Being punished 4 spots (10 to 14 for losing to currently 3-1 Kent State) While other teams such El Cid, UNI, JMU, and UNH weren't punished at all

IDK a good showing against LSU might be worth moving a spot or 2 closer to there original preseason rank considering all they have are FBS loses

I can't really fault Towson at all for their showing vs. LSU, and they will move up slightly in my poll as their loss won't impact them as much (in the body of work department) as other teams close to them in my poll.

That being said, "punished 4 spots" is just plain asinine - if you view wins/losses as being "worth" x/y number of slots, you really need to find something else in life to be outraged by. Be thankful that there's a playoff system at all that will help get it all sorted out in the end.

seantaylor
September 30th, 2012, 02:24 AM
LSU is VASTLY overrated. So, not sure what the Towson 20+ point loss means. The talking heads don't realize that the SEC sucks outside of Alabama. LSU has no business in the top 15.

ITmonarch10
September 30th, 2012, 02:33 AM
I can't really fault Towson at all for their showing vs. LSU, and they will move up slightly in my poll as their loss won't impact them as much (in the body of work department) as other teams close to them in my poll.

That being said, "punished 4 spots" is just plain asinine - if you view wins/losses as being "worth" x/y number of slots, you really need to find something else in life to be outraged by. Be thankful that there's a playoff system at all that will help get it all sorted out in the end.

??? What are you talking about? I'm not angry I was just giving a theory on why Towson moves up in the polls? :)
Also, why should someone be thankful for the playoffs existences. The FBS football is like the only sport that doesn't have a playoff system.

Nickels
September 30th, 2012, 02:35 AM
small correction: UCA should be 1-0 vs AGS top 25

superman7515
September 30th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Got 'em, thanks guys.

CorrosionDoc
September 30th, 2012, 07:23 AM
i wonder with montana state barely beating southern utah if YSU can pass them in the coaches/sports network poll see we can get #1 vs #2 this weekend
I really don't understand this line of thinking at all. All week long, numerous predictions (inc. Massey) actually had MSU losing to SUU. So MSU does what they are supposed to do -- goes on the road and wins the game. You want them to be docked for that?

Seawolf97
September 30th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Guys remember StonyBrook this week. Last team to hold Army to 0 TD's was Notre Dame 17 games ago.

Pard4Life
September 30th, 2012, 11:30 AM
LSU is VASTLY overrated. So, not sure what the Towson 20+ point loss means. The talking heads don't realize that the SEC sucks outside of Alabama. LSU has no business in the top 15.

Agreed... Georgia and Tennessee are decent too, but Towson did better than Washington, which dumped Stanford.

UNH Fanboi
September 30th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Guys remember StonyBrook this week. Last team to hold Army to 0 TD's was Notre Dame 17 games ago.

Army is a crappy FBS team, but a dominating win like that is impressive. Stony Brook looks legit this season.

Pard4Life
September 30th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Army is a crappy FBS team, but a dominating win like that is impressive. Stony Brook looks legit this season.

SBU is a legit team and I have them #9 in my poll this week, but to be fair, Army fumbled three times inside the SBU ten, and two of them were unforced.

BullDog85
September 30th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Please kick the Dogs out of the top 25. It's a damn curse, I tell you.xnodx

Hammersmith
September 30th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Sorry if this was brought up in a previous week, but the conference records for UND and Portland State are off. Their game in week 2 was a non-conference matchup scheduled before UND joined the Big Sky. UND should be 1-1 and PSU should be 0-2.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 30th, 2012, 12:29 PM
http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/fcs-information-center/this-week-in-fcs/top-25-scoreboard

All the recaps for the Top 25 (CSJ's Top 25) teams.

crossfire07
September 30th, 2012, 12:55 PM

Fact is, Those schools like LSU a lot of the time don't exactly play to their potential when they play lowly FCS schools.I guess Alabama was not a top 15 team when GSU put some rushing yards on them.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 30th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Bump

theasushow
September 30th, 2012, 05:23 PM

Army may not be a great team, but I personally watched them go up and down the field at Wake Forest last week to the tune of 506 yards (37 points in 3 quarters). Granted, Wake is only an average ACC team but after seeing that game I didnt give SB much of a chance....awesome effort.

AGSPoll
October 1st, 2012, 08:36 AM
And I'll bump this for those still waiting.

BEAR
October 1st, 2012, 08:51 AM

A foot of rain. xholyx 18 turnovers between the teams. Just plain crazy. Hard to gauge my Bears on their year after that weird game. Take it easy on both teams voters...it was an odd one. Even the football was floating on the turf..field goals..please. xlolx

PAllen
October 1st, 2012, 09:03 AM

Adding a "Sub Div I Record" Column too in order to call out games against sub-division I opponents would be helpful as well if you've got the time. If not +1 to the above.

THE HERD
October 1st, 2012, 09:37 AM

You should....MSU has been squeaking by some questionable teams.

Walkon79
October 1st, 2012, 11:10 AM
I really don't understand this line of thinking at all. All week long, numerous predictions (inc. Massey) actually had MSU losing to SUU. So MSU does what they are supposed to do -- goes on the road and wins the game. You want them to be docked for that?

Against maybe one of the only NFL ready QB's in the division? I don't get it either. SUU will win a ton of games this year.