PDA

View Full Version : Youngstown State (4-0) @ North Dakota State (4-0)

Pages : [1] 2

DoubleE
September 29th, 2012, 09:56 PM
alright.............

#3 YSU @ #1 NDSU

lets get the hype going for possibly the game of the year in the MVC

frozennorth
September 29th, 2012, 09:58 PM
alright.............

#3 YSU @ #1 NDSU

lets get the hype going for the game of the year

fixed.

I managed to stumbled into a couple tickets, pretty pumped.

DoubleE
September 29th, 2012, 09:59 PM
wow.... i just noticed YSU first 3 conference games are H UNI, @ NDSU, then @ ISU red. what a way to start your conference schedule

danefan
September 29th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Lets go 'Guins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This should be a great game.

clenz
September 29th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Based on what I saw....NDSU wins, likely by 9

Drblankstare
September 29th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Cant wait.

No_Skill
September 29th, 2012, 10:04 PM
If we win this game, I REALLY like our chances to repeat...

FargoBison
September 29th, 2012, 10:05 PM
The dome is going to be going crazy, can't wait. When NDSU and YSU play the game is always a classic.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 29th, 2012, 10:08 PM
This game is going to be awesome!! I'd love to be back in Fargo for this one.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 29th, 2012, 10:11 PM
The dome is going to be going crazy, can't wait. When NDSU and YSU play the game is always a classic.

My voice will be gone by the start of the game.

Bison win this one.....need alittle payback with the guins.

DoubleE
September 29th, 2012, 10:16 PM
My voice will be gone by the start of the game.

Bison win this one.....need alittle payback with the guins.

im gonna have to disagree with you on the outcome, respectfully ;)

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 29th, 2012, 10:20 PM

LOL...I hear ya.

My seats are right behind the visitors bench on the 30.....awesome place to cheer.

Thundar
September 29th, 2012, 10:22 PM

You can't disagree with a Bison fan!

Can't wait for the game

Paladin1aa
September 29th, 2012, 10:25 PM
YSU will be well prepared with this bye week. Expect to see some new wrinkles. I like the Guins chances.

penguinpower
September 29th, 2012, 10:53 PM
This should be a great game. The Penguins have shown that they can solve that defense. The YSU offense is probably the best in the FCS, but defense wins championships IMOP. We'll see. This game could be a classic. I like YSU's chances as well.

Ysuscuba
September 29th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Go Guins!

DoubleE
September 30th, 2012, 12:18 PM
fun fact, during the bye week this week the san francisco 49ers were staying in town (back to back east coast games and the 49ers owner is from youngstown) and were practicing at YSU and spent some time with the players.

bojeta
September 30th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Hope this game will be televised. Definitely one to watch!

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 30th, 2012, 12:36 PM
This should be a great game. The Penguins have shown that they can solve that defense. The YSU offense is probably the best in the FCS, but defense wins championships IMOP. We'll see. This game could be a classic. I like YSU's chances as well.

Last year we did not have our run-stopping DT playing in the YSU game. Not an excuse because the guins deserved to win but I think our run stopping capability will be better this year.

Dome will be loud....that is a guarantee.xpeacex

DoubleE
September 30th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Hope this game will be televised. Definitely one to watch!

game will be on ESPN3

Vitojr130
September 30th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Last year we did not have our run-stopping DT playing in the YSU game. Not an excuse because the guins deserved to win but I think our run stopping capability will be better this year.

Dome will be loud....that is a guarantee.xpeacex

That AND it didn't help that DJ literally just gave up the ball instead of getting a touchdown like he should have...

YSU must be so good that they have ghosts on the field!

penguinpower
September 30th, 2012, 02:54 PM
That AND it didn't help that DJ literally just gave up the ball instead of getting a touchdown like he should have...

YSU must be so good that they have ghosts on the field!. I would have to say that the NDSU fans feel more like their team is unbeatable.

footballer23
September 30th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Revenge will definitely be on NDSU's mind. It will be fun to see NDSU's defense go up against YSU's offense. Throw in a lot of crowed noise, I think NDSU squeaks this one out. Either way, it's gonna be a fun one to watch.

Thundar
September 30th, 2012, 04:03 PM
I can't wait, great storyline for the game

Homecoming
NDSU ranked #1 and YSU #2/3
Only team to beat NDSU last year
Great D against Great O

I really hope the media pimps this game up this week

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 30th, 2012, 04:33 PM
. I would have to say that the NDSU fans feel more like their team is unbeatable.

When healthy, not many FCS teams could beat this Bison team...IMO.

HandoEX
September 30th, 2012, 06:08 PM
This will be a long week. This will be one of those games where sitting isn't allowed. Can't wait! Go Bison!

Daved
September 30th, 2012, 07:00 PM
When healthy, not many FCS teams could beat this Bison team...IMO.Don't honestly believe that most FCS teams could beat them when they aren't healthy.

MTBison
September 30th, 2012, 08:38 PM
I predict this game to be awesome to watch.

BisonBabe
September 30th, 2012, 08:50 PM
I predict this game to be awesome to watch.

Agreed...it will be a Whale of a Game

swaghook
September 30th, 2012, 08:51 PM
. I would have to say that the NDSU fans feel more like their team is unbeatable.

Any given Saturday the Bison could be beat but as a fan of course I'm pulling for my team to go undefeated for the whole season. But if the team is to take a loss it would be better to lose one in the regular season then in the play offs. And during the regular season I'm most worried about YSU, Ill St and the off chance the wabbits can pull off an upset.

bisonwest
September 30th, 2012, 09:01 PM
This is gonna be a hell of a game. I like the Herd by a touchdown, but It wouldn't surprise me it the Penguins pulled it off. Glad the game is in Fargo again!

Professor Chaos
September 30th, 2012, 09:47 PM
I'm a little concerned about the Bison secondary. UNI's QB was pretty efficient and Hess is the most efficient passer in the country statistically speaking. They'll need to play better than they did against UNI or else hope that they can turn YSU over a few times.

I also think YSU's propensity to gamble on 4th down can hurt them in this game. You better believe that the Fargodome crowd will be a full throat if YSU let's it ride on 4th down. The players feed off that energy and one stop can lead to big momentum on the other side of the ball.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 1st, 2012, 08:28 AM
I hope they are playing with loud music in the background this week because it is going to be loud. The one thing I noticed on Saturday at the UNIdump was how not loud it was, like almost ever. Even when the Panther fans were yelling, the sound just got eaten up in there.

darell1976
October 1st, 2012, 08:55 AM
My wife and son are going to this one. She didn't know who NDSU was playing or how good YSU was she just wanted to attend Homecoming, I told her its only #1 vs #3 in the nation. :D Good luck to both teams.

GoGuinsGo
October 1st, 2012, 08:57 AM
Should be a great game. Bison want revenge I'm sure. It will be interesting to see if this bye week for YSU helps or hurts them.. Sometimes that long layoff can lead to slow starts. How good can the YSU defense play? The offense should score but can the defense make some big plays down the stretch like they did last season to steal another one? From what I'm hearing and seeing it is a more balanced offensive team for the Bison this year but I'd like to think YSU defense has gotten better from a year ago... YSU has also done a great job of holding onto the football. They can't turn it over vs the Bison.

PantherRob82
October 1st, 2012, 08:58 AM

I feel that way too. But then again, I felt that way about Georgia Southern last year.

Happy Penguin
October 1st, 2012, 09:13 AM
This should be a fun game for sure. But why the hell did you guys build a school so far in the middle of nowhere that trying to figure out how to get there makes the travel in Planes, Trains and Automobiles look like a short and pleasant jaunt?

NoDak 4 Ever
October 1st, 2012, 09:15 AM
This should be a fun game for sure. But why the hell did you guys build a school so far in the middle of nowhere that trying to figure out how to get there makes the travel in Planes, Trains and Automobiles look like a short and pleasant jaunt?

Doesn't Youngstown just have a "regional airport"?

NDSU_grad
October 1st, 2012, 09:19 AM

It's the largest city in North Dakota. Where else were we supposed to build it?

darell1976
October 1st, 2012, 09:26 AM

Youngstown population 66,982 (2010 census)
Fargo population 105,549 (2010 census)

Youngstown would be North Dakota's second largest city about 5,000 more than Bismarck.

THE HERD
October 1st, 2012, 09:32 AM
As one poster stated earlier the presence of our DT Drevlow will be significant for the Bison, as he missed the game last year. The games he missed there is a noticeable difference in our run D. The extra week of prep will be huge for the guins as well. This one is gonna be fun!

Happy Penguin
October 1st, 2012, 09:37 AM
Doesn't Youngstown just have a "regional airport"?

Its still much easier to get to than Fargo...If you don't want the local one fly to Pittsburgh or Cleveland, you're less than 2 hours away from either. Flying to Minneapolis and then driving is still a haul. It could just be sticker shock on my part when I looked up airline tickets I guess.

There has to be a secret to getting there that I am missing, right?

Professor Chaos
October 1st, 2012, 09:39 AM
Its still much easier to get to than Fargo...If you don't want the local one fly to Pittsburgh or Cleveland, you're less than 2 hours away from either. Flying to Minneapolis and then driving is still a haul. It could just be sticker shock on my part when I looked up airline tickets I guess.

Go to Vegas. Allegiant Air flys cheap into Fargo from there xthumbsupx

Happy Penguin
October 1st, 2012, 09:39 AM
Go to Vegas. Allegiant Air flys cheap into Fargo from there xthumbsupx

You sir may have just changed my life

crusader11
October 1st, 2012, 09:42 AM
Is this game being televised? Will make a point of watching it if it's on the tube.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 1st, 2012, 09:42 AM

Seeing as how I just drove 10 hrs to get to Iowa for the game on Saturday, the 3-4 hrs to get to Fargo from Minneapolis seems like a piece of cake.

When my wife and I go back home, we fly from Columbus to MSP and rent a car to drive to Fargo. Never even seemed like trouble to me.

Professor Chaos
October 1st, 2012, 09:54 AM
Is this game being televised? Will make a point of watching it if it's on the tube.
You can stream it from ESPN3 if your ISP supports it. It's televised statewide in ND but I don't think there's any other television options other than locally in Youngstown possibly.

crusader11
October 1st, 2012, 09:56 AM
ESPN3 is a beautiful thing and works just fine...thanks, Professor.

BisonHype!
October 1st, 2012, 10:10 AM
alright.............

#3 YSU @ #1 NDSU

lets get the hype going for possibly the game of the year in the MVC

I'm here.... DONE! Mission Accomplished!

BisonHype!
October 1st, 2012, 10:19 AM
Should be one hell of a game, and hoping that the Bison get some payback from last year. I think the Bison win by atleast a touchdown. Go Bison!

Bison- 34
Penguins-27

Thunderstruck
October 1st, 2012, 10:39 AM
Youngstown has had a bye week to prepare for the Bison defense. But how well has the Youngstown D prepared for the Bison O? Special teams plays will be big in this game. However, I think Hess gets knocked around more than he would like and maybe gets a little frustrated. Homecoming, revenge, and winner of this game has the golden ticket to a MVFC Championship has the Bison playing at an even higher level.

Youngstown- 13
NDSU- 38

It may be a homer pick, but I think this one gets out of hand mid 3rd quarer.

NDSU_grad
October 1st, 2012, 10:45 AM

For a native North Dakotan, anything under 10 hours is an "easy" drive. Our perspective may be a bit skewed from growing up in a very rural state.

totoinfl
October 1st, 2012, 10:46 AM
I have yet to see YSU play...sounds like pressure up front is going to be key...I don't care who the QB is, if he has a face full of defenders all day long his efficiency will suffer...

Happy Penguin
October 1st, 2012, 12:05 PM
For a native North Dakotan, anything under 10 hours is an "easy" drive. Our perspective may be a bit skewed from growing up in a very rural state.

wow gotta give you boys credit there.

Yes a local station in Y-Town has picked up the telecast as well for whoever asked.

BisonFan02
October 1st, 2012, 12:05 PM
Maybe this is just me being a pessimist, but I think the Bison D is going to have to play much better against YSU than they did against UNI at times. Having the game in Fargo will help, but I'm not as confident as alot of people.... xtwocentsx

moosbah
October 1st, 2012, 12:33 PM
This game will be classic. I don't see anyone winning by more than a TD, but if they do, it'll be LATE.

woffordgrad94
October 1st, 2012, 12:37 PM
Living in the Carolinas almost all my life, I do not know much about NDSU or YSU expect that they are both serious FCS title contenders this year, with NDSU going for a repeat. This is unquestionably the FCS game of the week, and I feel pretty confident that it will live up to its hype and be a classic. I wish I could see it.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 1st, 2012, 12:41 PM
Maybe this is just me being a pessimist, but I think the Bison D is going to have to play much better against YSU than they did against UNI at times. Having the game in Fargo will help, but I'm not as confident as alot of people.... xtwocentsx

In my opinion, the Bison D held UNI to one legitimate touchdown. That phantom PI call in the end zone after the (yes I'm going to say it) iffy PF call basically gave them a 1st down so deep that they couldn't help but punch it in. It all happened right in front of me so I know that was bull****. As for the garbage TD, that was one for window dressing and little more.

That game was way more of a blowout than the score suggested. Since I'm going to gauge it on the YSU/UNI game I'll say the same thing about YSU that I did UNI. Their defense is going to give up a lot of points and their offense hasn't played a D quite as good and NDSU. In the dome, this won't be close either.

NDSU 35
YSU 13

LakesBison
October 1st, 2012, 12:58 PM
YSU fly to minneapolis, drive it in 3 1/2 hours at 80mph now get ready to pay $100/ticket like on craigslist though

LakesBison
October 1st, 2012, 01:08 PM
did they practice vs the 49ers and get better??
YSU will be well prepared with this bye week. Expect to see some new wrinkles. I like the Guins chances.

BisonFan02
October 1st, 2012, 01:08 PM
In my opinion, the Bison D held UNI to one legitimate touchdown. That phantom PI call in the end zone after the (yes I'm going to say it) iffy PF call basically gave them a 1st down so deep that they couldn't help but punch it in. It all happened right in front of me so I know that was bull****. As for the garbage TD, that was one for window dressing and little more.

That game was way more of a blowout than the score suggested. Since I'm going to gauge it on the YSU/UNI game I'll say the same thing about YSU that I did UNI. Their defense is going to give up a lot of points and their offense hasn't played a D quite as good and NDSU. In the dome, this won't be close either.

NDSU 35
YSU 13

Don't disagree (I'm probably spoiled by our D most of the time), but the key word was "at times" against UNI. I thought on occasion we were exposed by the passing game a bit, and that could hurt us alot more with Hess versus a less experienced Kollmorgen.

BisonBacker
October 1st, 2012, 01:12 PM
Don't disagree (I'm probably spoiled by our D most of the time), but the key word was "at times" against UNI. I thought on occasion we were exposed by the passing game a bit, and that could hurt us alot more with Hess versus a less experienced Kollmorgen.

Exactly. Last year though we were missing a key lineman. That and a flukey turnover by DJ made that the game it was. I see NDSU winning this one by 10 points or less but I do see a "W" in a tough fought battle. 3 points for homefield and the other 7 for a better balanced attack than YSU. I don't see YSU beating us on the ground and if NDSU can turn them into a one dimensional pass heavy offense we win by my 10 point spread.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 1st, 2012, 01:19 PM
Exactly. Last year though we were missing a key lineman. That and a flukey turnover by DJ made that the game it was. I see NDSU winning this one by 10 points or less but I do see a "W" in a tough fought battle. 3 points for homefield and the other 7 for a better balanced attack than YSU. I don't see YSU beating us on the ground and if NDSU can turn them into a one dimensional pass heavy offense we win by my 10 point spread.

This. If DJ doesn't drop that TD with daylight in front of him, the Bison score exceeds the total that YSU had the whole game.

Professor Chaos
October 1st, 2012, 01:26 PM

NDSU 35
YSU 13
They also only forced UNI to punt once. Granted there were 2 turnovers (the 3rd was on special teams) and a 4th down stop sprinkled in there but there were some holes in the defensive secondary and some issues with the pass rush against UNI. I agree with BisonFan, the defense needs to play better against YSU.

Thundar
October 1st, 2012, 01:29 PM
I see high scoring,

NDSU 41
YSU 38

ysubigred
October 1st, 2012, 02:00 PM
did they practice vs the 49ers and get better??

Yep! Beat them in a scrimmage. The purple pecker eater Vikings were invited also but they didn't want any LOL. Seriously, I hope this stay/visit from the 49ers will be better than the last time this happened. YSU got their *** handed to them that Saturday. Must of been star struck and did not listen LOL!!

YSU will need their "A" game to win in the dome two years in a row and make it 3 for 3.

344Johnson
October 1st, 2012, 02:49 PM
I see high scoring,

NDSU 41
YSU 38

If both teams have above 30 points I'll take YSU.

As of now, NDSU 31 YSU 28

PantherRob82
October 1st, 2012, 04:18 PM
Yep! Beat them in a scrimmage. The purple pecker eater Vikings were invited also but they didn't want any LOL. Seriously, I hope this stay/visit from the 49ers will be better than the last time this happened. YSU got their *** handed to them that Saturday. Must of been star struck and did not listen LOL!!

YSU will need their "A" game to win in the dome two years in a row and make it 3 for 3.

The Vikings beat the 49ers, right?

gotts
October 1st, 2012, 04:24 PM
Living in the Carolinas almost all my life, I do not know much about NDSU or YSU expect that they are both serious FCS title contenders this year, with NDSU going for a repeat. This is unquestionably the FCS game of the week, and I feel pretty confident that it will live up to its hype and be a classic. I wish I could see it.

If the Bison schedule website is correct, this one should be available on ESPN3.

DJKyR0
October 1st, 2012, 04:26 PM
If the Bison schedule website is correct, this one should be available on ESPN3.

I still think they should've brought College Game Day to Fargo for this one.

Vitojr130
October 1st, 2012, 04:27 PM

Except for this year YSU has primarily been a rushing team. Sure, their QB is good and showed up last time we played them, but let's be honest here... If it wasn't for the phantom fumble by DJ and all our injured starters, we most likely wouldn't have lost that game last year. This is going to be a far different game this year. NDSU will be wanted payback and it's homecoming AND most of our starters are at 100% for this game. I believe we are only down 2 instead of 6 like last year. I believe they will be our toughest game yet, but we will still win by about 14 points or so.

Professor Chaos
October 1st, 2012, 05:04 PM
Except for this year YSU has primarily been a rushing team. Sure, their QB is good and showed up last time we played them, but let's be honest here... If it wasn't for the phantom fumble by DJ and all our injured starters, we most likely wouldn't have lost that game last year. This is going to be a far different game this year. NDSU will be wanted payback and it's homecoming AND most of our starters are at 100% for this game. I believe we are only down 2 instead of 6 like last year. I believe they will be our toughest game yet, but we will still win by about 14 points or so.
I don't like the injury excuse. Every team has injuries. The best teams have capable backups to fill in which NDSU had last year but YSU played well and was the better team that day. DJ's fumble was big but look at the box score, NDSU didn't score after the 10:28 mark in the 3rd quarter. We had 5 posessions after that and failed to put up a point. NDSU deserved to lose and YSU deserved to win.

Thundar
October 1st, 2012, 05:28 PM
Jesus is it Friday yet, win or lose I can't wait, plus the YSU fans are always classy, hope they bring a bunch.

I'm sitting here waiting for the Monday night coaches show.....I really feel like a loser

Oh well

semobison
October 1st, 2012, 05:49 PM

Youngstown outplayed us last year! They had 451 total yards to our 293! True, the DJ fumble may have cost us the game but when you look at the stats it makes me wonder how we kept it that close. That being said I think our defense has progressed since last years game and they will be tested this week. I dont make predictions, but this is going to be a fun homecoming. Go Bison!

LakesBison
October 1st, 2012, 07:59 PM
Jesus is it Friday yet, win or lose I can't wait, plus the YSU fans are always classy, hope they bring a bunch.

I'm sitting here waiting for the Monday night coaches show.....I really feel like a loser

Oh well

They will bring 50

Bisonoline
October 1st, 2012, 08:24 PM
I don't like the injury excuse. Every team has injuries. The best teams have capable backups to fill in which NDSU had last year but YSU played well and was the better team that day. DJ's fumble was big but look at the box score, NDSU didn't score after the 10:28 mark in the 3rd quarter. We had 5 posessions after that and failed to put up a point. NDSU deserved to lose and YSU deserved to win.

YSUs offensive line held out D-line at bay. We couldnt move them. This weekend will be interesting.

Ivytalk
October 1st, 2012, 08:30 PM
GOTY so far.

LakesBison
October 1st, 2012, 08:31 PM
gonna be a sausage knocker! eh B-O-L ? yea uni tailgate was a blast, I hope chris from uni didnt drink all your beer

bojeta
October 1st, 2012, 08:39 PM
Everything we've seen and heard so far points to an outrageously tough battle. Good luck to both teams, stay injury free, and may the best team win...

Bisonoline
October 1st, 2012, 08:40 PM
gonna be a sausage knocker! eh B-O-L ? yea uni tailgate was a blast, I hope chris from uni didnt drink all your beer

Be sure and stop by. We are serving custom made 1/2 lb brats!

bobcathpdevil56
October 1st, 2012, 08:51 PM
Be sure and stop by. We are serving custom made 1/2 lb brats!

That's a lot of brat

caribbeanhen
October 1st, 2012, 09:00 PM
I really dont see what you bizon fans are so worked up about, I mean your just a boring mid level FBS team beating up on a bunch of FCS weaklings every week xlolx

GoGuinsGo
October 1st, 2012, 09:27 PM

YSU can not be labeled a primarily run or pass team. 236 yards rushing and 210 yards passing per game.. 944 rushing yards, 840 passing.. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a more balanced offensive attack in the conference. Also to note: vs Valpo and Albany the Guins primarily ran the ball because of their size advantage up front...

GoGuinsGo
October 1st, 2012, 09:44 PM
Not using this as an excuse but I think it proves how good Hess has been playing...He's putting up great numbers without YSU's best receiver and a big play threat in Jelani Berrassa who had 8 TDs last season (7 in MVFC). He caught 5 balls for 97 yards and a TD vs the Bison last year. He got injured before this season and will take a medical redshirt and have 2 years left starting next season.

Not sure who will win the game... But if it comes down to QB play and Hess has time like he has had all season.. I like YSU chances.

X-Factor
October 1st, 2012, 10:23 PM
YSU can not be labeled a primarily run or pass team. 236 yards rushing and 210 yards passing per game.. 944 rushing yards, 840 passing.. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a more balanced offensive attack in the conference. Also to note: vs Valpo and Albany the Guins primarily ran the ball because of their size advantage up front...

Not hard pressed at all. The Bison are the most balanced team you may ever see. 966 pass / 962 rush
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205682197&DB_OEM_ID=2400

BisonFan02
October 1st, 2012, 10:38 PM
Not hard pressed at all. The Bison are the most balanced team you may ever see. 966 pass / 962 rush
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205682197&DB_OEM_ID=2400

Some may say...we are a pass first team then. :D

Bisonoline
October 1st, 2012, 11:20 PM
I really dont see what you bizon fans are so worked up about, I mean your just a boring mid level FBS team beating up on a bunch of FCS weaklings every week xlolx

Yeah its hard to be us.xsmiley_wix

LakesBison
October 1st, 2012, 11:23 PM

Hellz yea hen!!!! Let's hit puerto Rico this january

penguinpower
October 2nd, 2012, 05:24 AM

Remember that Pride comes before the fall

ysubigred
October 2nd, 2012, 06:52 AM
The Vikings beat the 49ers, right?

So did we, so YSU was looking for a challenge..

caribbeanhen
October 2nd, 2012, 06:59 AM

well, without football I think it would be unbearable.... the Bison have a prozac like affect on the entire state right?

penguinpower
October 2nd, 2012, 07:30 AM
An example of Pride Comes before the fall.............by the way Dantonio gets me fired up. I could play for that guy. He was YSU's DC back in the day. Great guy and best DC I have ever seen. An the guy HATE Michigan with a passion, which I totally respect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3PKMzD5ogo

deez_na
October 2nd, 2012, 07:46 AM

It's rough beating on teams. Comparing us to FBS teams, i'll take that as a compliment.

Happy Penguin
October 2nd, 2012, 08:02 AM
I still think they should've brought College Game Day to Fargo for this one.

I heard they started driving north Sunday. Should reach Fargo a couple hours before kickoff.

IBleedYellow
October 2nd, 2012, 08:54 AM
Not using this as an excuse but I think it proves how good Hess has been playing...He's putting up great numbers without YSU's best receiver and a big play threat in Jelani Berrassa who had 8 TDs last season (7 in MVFC). He caught 5 balls for 97 yards and a TD vs the Bison last year. He got injured before this season and will take a medical redshirt and have 2 years left starting next season.

Not sure who will win the game... But if it comes down to QB play and Hess has time like he has had all season.. I like YSU chances.

The name that I keep reading is "Hess, Hess, Hess, Hess." People need to remember that we have a quarterback that is just as stellar. Brock Jensen, I would be hard pressed to take ANY quarterback over him in the backfield. His presence of mind in the pocket, his ability to scramble and STILL direct his receivers and his ability to be a true dual threat by running the ball for 1st downs (He SHOULD have had a TD at UNI but their *****ty turf!!). You guys can keep Hess, but damn, I love Brock, and his receiver core is way better than it was last year. I don't remember the last time we had a QB that had this guy's arm and head on him (Yeah yeah, Steve Walker was VERY GOOD.) This will be a great game, but I like the Bison's chances with Brock vs Hess. The RAMS will get it done.

Go Bison.

Bison56
October 2nd, 2012, 08:59 AM
This game is going to be a battle. If the game is decided by more thatn 7 points I will be suprised. Always a classic match up when these 2 team meet.

Go Bison!!!

silkamilkamonico
October 2nd, 2012, 09:11 AM
YSU completely owned us in the trenches last year on both sides of the ball, I think that will be key this year. I was impressed with YSU last year. They weather the FargoDome's storm early in the game, got control of the game, and took the fans completely out. Hopefully the players remember that feeling, which I'm sure their being reminded of all week.

Cannot wait for the game..

344Johnson
October 2nd, 2012, 09:14 AM
I heard they started driving north Sunday. Should reach Fargo a couple hours before kickoff.

"The Guins took out the Pitt Panthers, logic says we should go with these guys, but NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND! I'm picking the Bison 31-27!" Says Lee Corso as he puts on Thundar's head.

In all seriousness, they should have a College GameDay at Montana, NDSU, JMU, YSU(now that they are back) or Appalachian. Some weeks they have it at some lame game. Just cause FCS isn't as high of a league doesn't mean there isn't great football to watch.

silkamilkamonico
October 2nd, 2012, 09:14 AM
well, without football I think it would be unbearable.... the Bison have a prozac like affect on the entire state right?

When you're that good, the prozac affect kind of comes naturally.

Hammerhead
October 2nd, 2012, 09:51 AM
I'm looking forward to a great game although I have to pick my team to win.

I think it was last year that a trivia question on college gameday was about two of the top 3 or 4 teams playing each other which were NDSU and UNI at the time.

Sam_Kats
October 2nd, 2012, 10:00 AM
Great game here. I gotta go with the Bison @ home though.

Professor Chaos
October 2nd, 2012, 10:04 AM
"The Guins took out the Pitt Panthers, logic says we should go with these guys, but NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND! I'm picking the Bison 31-27!" Says Lee Corso as he puts on Thundar's head.

In all seriousness, they should have a College GameDay at Montana, NDSU, JMU, YSU(now that they are back) or Appalachian. Some weeks they have it at some lame game. Just cause FCS isn't as high of a league doesn't mean there isn't great football to watch.
Problem is Corso, Herbstreit, and pretty much every other ESPN CFB talking head doesn't know jack about FCS (although cynics may argue that this isn't any different from FBS for many of those guys). That's why they had the Diaz-Infante guy calling the national title game last year when ESPN had maybe one or two other college football games on their networks at that time.

LakesBison
October 2nd, 2012, 10:05 AM
NDSU students crashed the ticket website 3 times yesterday. All 4000 were gone by noon. WAITING LIST IS 2500. Haha

bisonnation
October 2nd, 2012, 10:11 AM
This game is going to be incredible. Has all the makings of a great game. Both teams undefeated and ranked #1 and #3. Both teams with blowout wins over FBS teams and UNI. Youngstown was the only team to beat NDSU last year. Sold out. Homecoming. Will likely play a role in the playoffs. Seems like NDSU and YSU always have epic battles that go down to the wire. 2 programs with a combined 14 National Championships. I'm ready!

bisonnation
October 2nd, 2012, 10:15 AM
You know what else is cool about this game... they are always great games yet both teams have great respect for one another, fans included. Very little obnoxious bickering between fans. It's just a good clean rivalry. Actually it goes back a long ways... apparently Ron Jawarski came to Fargo back in the 70's back in the D2 days.

ysubigred
October 2nd, 2012, 10:32 AM
You know what else is cool about this game... they are always great games yet both teams have great respect for one another, fans included. Very little obnoxious bickering between fans. It's just a good clean rivalry. Actually it goes back a long ways... apparently Ron Jawarski came to Fargo back in the 70's back in the D2 days.

NORTH DAKOTA STATE • 1-1

9/30/1972 .............. A ............L, 10-16
11/3/1973 ..............H ..........W, 12-10

We're 0-2 against UND

NORTH DAKOTA • 0-2
11/4/1961 ..............H ............L, 13-20
9/15/1962 .............. A .............. L, 7-20

Thunderstruck
October 2nd, 2012, 10:36 AM
I reserve my right to predicting the Bison 38-13 until after Coach Bohl makes his announcment about his players who were in court today.

THE HERD
October 2nd, 2012, 10:52 AM

If you like your qb's stats you might want to take a look at our qb's numbers as well......8tds 0 picks and 70% completion rate. Very similiar stats and very similiar offenses, in the sense that they can run and throw will equal effieciency. Should be a great game, but I think this one will come down to who wins the turnover battle.

caribbeanhen
October 2nd, 2012, 10:54 AM
It's rough beating on teams. Comparing us to FBS teams, i'll take that as a compliment.

it was meant as one in a backhanded kind of way

THE HERD
October 2nd, 2012, 10:54 AM
The name that I keep reading is "Hess, Hess, Hess, Hess." People need to remember that we have a quarterback that is just as stellar. Brock Jensen, I would be hard pressed to take ANY quarterback over him in the backfield. His presence of mind in the pocket, his ability to scramble and STILL direct his receivers and his ability to be a true dual threat by running the ball for 1st downs (He SHOULD have had a TD at UNI but their *****ty turf!!). You guys can keep Hess, but damn, I love Brock, and his receiver core is way better than it was last year. I don't remember the last time we had a QB that had this guy's arm and head on him (Yeah yeah, Steve Walker was VERY GOOD.) This will be a great game, but I like the Bison's chances with Brock vs Hess. The RAMS will get it done.

Go Bison.

Walker was awesome, but he did not have the arm that Jensen has.

caribbeanhen
October 2nd, 2012, 10:55 AM
When you're that good, the prozac affect kind of comes naturally.

that's my point

BisonBacker
October 2nd, 2012, 10:56 AM
I think last weeks games against UNI is going to give our D coordinator and our players some useful information on what they need to clean up before this weeks game. Our secondary is good but they had some issues that need to be cleaned up this week. We are going to need another excellent effort to come away with a "W" this week. Like I said before I think we win but it will be tough.

DJKyR0
October 2nd, 2012, 11:05 AM
This oughta be a real slobberknocker.

BisonBacker
October 2nd, 2012, 11:14 AM
This oughta be a real slobberknocker.
A whale of a game :D

AmsterBison
October 2nd, 2012, 11:17 AM
Wish this wasn't Homecoming. Not sure what the problem is, but in the last three decades, I've seen NDSU play well only two or three times for Homecoming. In fact, NDSU seems to save it's worst home game performance of the year for Homecoming.

Of course, Youngstown State, with its outstanding offense and improved defense, is going to be a tall order Homecoming or not. I'd feel a little better if this was the Trees Bowl or Harvest Bowl though. :)

On the scale of Bison home dominance (from greatest to least): Home Opener, Trees Bowl, Harvest Bowl, regular game, Homecoming.

If NDSU ever schedules the Trees Bowl on the home opener... look out.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6190/6127224094_bf9302f7dd_o.png

LakesBison
October 2nd, 2012, 11:18 AM
yea dude, why has ndsu not played well on homecoming lately. thats GOT to end.

bisonbacker your inbox is full, but i got your message, ill add another one to my ignore list. *sigh*

BisonBacker
October 2nd, 2012, 11:22 AM
yea dude, why has ndsu not played well on homecoming lately. thats GOT to end.

bisonbacker your inbox is full, but i got your message, ill add another one to my ignore list. *sigh*

Does the term 'Hook Line and Sinker" mean anything to you? Because you are taking it from Darrel every time you reply. What a rube!

LakesBison
October 2nd, 2012, 11:24 AM
nope, i am not i dont shop at target

Vitojr130
October 2nd, 2012, 11:36 AM
nope, i am not i dont shop at target

Hey, I worked there for 3 years back in High School.

Choose your next few words carefully... if they aren't "but I don't like Walmart.." or "it's still better than that big blue dump" I'll neg rep you for bad taste!

Haha just kidding! There's a reason I quit...

Anyways, I think NDSU wins this one by 2 scores.

LakesBison
October 2nd, 2012, 11:45 AM
Vito i hate walmart. ahh ill send YOU the inside joke. check your Positive Rep!!

NDSU 31 Silly Penguins 16 (they only score 1 td)

BisonFan02
October 2nd, 2012, 11:54 AM
One does not simply win against NDSU at the Trees Bowl.

No_Skill
October 2nd, 2012, 11:58 AM

Yeeeeaaahhh, I think most of those wins have to do with the quality of the opponent early in the year.

BisonFan02
October 2nd, 2012, 12:00 PM
Yeeeeaaahhh, I think most of those wins have to do with the quality of the opponent early in the year.

No kidding.

LakesBison
October 2nd, 2012, 12:07 PM
NDSU admin took OUT the TREES in the RAINFOREST. that sucks! so not all the TREES have won.

TheRevSFA
October 2nd, 2012, 12:10 PM
This should be a great game and good luck to both teams.

I think I'm going to have to go for the 'Guins though

BisonHype!
October 2nd, 2012, 12:55 PM

I agree. The injury excuse doesn't exist. Every team has them. We already lost Colton Heagle for the year. That was big... but every year you have to expect a injury or two, and overcome.

Thundar
October 2nd, 2012, 01:01 PM
Got my new game day app!!! Pump it up

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=205703584

Happy Penguin
October 2nd, 2012, 02:07 PM
I reserve my right to predicting the Bison 38-13 until after Coach Bohl makes his announcment about his players who were in court today.

What's the feel among the fan base? Is this a big deal, suspension worthy offense or just players being dumb?

Vitojr130
October 2nd, 2012, 02:14 PM
What's the feel among the fan base? Is this a big deal, suspension worthy offense or just players being dumb?

Personally, I feel like the most this warrants is to not let them start the first few plays and not bask in the spotlight of being a starter for a game (you know, the glory of having your face and name on the big screen) and see if they like it. They have had a lot of unnecessary attention via our oh-so-awesome Fargo Forum as it is, so I don't think suspensions are warranted.

The judge felt they just deserved a fine and some community service, as was thought by most Bison fans, but the Forum made it appear that this crew raped or killed someone. It's ridiculous.

Happy Penguin
October 2nd, 2012, 02:31 PM
Personally, I feel like the most this warrants is to not let them start the first few plays and not bask in the spotlight of being a starter for a game (you know, the glory of having your face and name on the big screen) and see if they like it. They have had a lot of unnecessary attention via our oh-so-awesome Fargo Forum as it is, so I don't think suspensions are warranted.

The judge felt they just deserved a fine and some community service, as was thought by most Bison fans, but the Forum made it appear that this crew raped or killed someone. It's ridiculous.
That sounds about right to me, thanks for the input.

moosbah
October 2nd, 2012, 02:50 PM

Well, if those not from ND knew how much we valued the few trees we have, they'd understand the weight of this game. :D

Thunderstruck
October 2nd, 2012, 03:02 PM

I think it could have turned into a big deal. I have a feeling there is more "behind the scenes" information we do not know about. And judging by the punishment the law gave the players, it was looked at as not a big deal. I just hope NDSU's announcement today has something to do with the players getting more community service through the school discipline.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 2nd, 2012, 03:10 PM
I think it could have turned into a big deal. I have a feeling there is more "behind the scenes" information we do not know about. And judging by the punishment the law gave the players, it was looked at as not a big deal. I just hope NDSU's announcement today has something to do with the players getting more community service through the school discipline.

I think the legal ambiguity of the company that they worked for is of a bigger concern. Turns out they were paid on a quota system which is illegal.

ysubigred
October 2nd, 2012, 03:16 PM
Since this made it over here to this thread I thought it would be appropriate to post this here also so people know what the hell we're all talking about.

North Dakota St. players plead guilty xeyebrowx
FARGO, N.D. (AP)
Ten North Dakota State University football players pleaded guilty Tuesday to misdemeanor election fraud and were sentenced to community service for faking signatures on proposed ballot measure petitions that they were hired to collect.
Among the players on the nation's top-ranked Football Championship Subdivision team who pleaded guilty Tuesday were starters Samuel Ojuri, Joshua Colville, Marcus Williams and Brendin Pierre. Players Lucas Albers, Aireal Boyd, Demitrius Gray Bryan Shepherd, Antonio Rogers, and Charles Smith III also pleaded guilty.

Each of the players was ordered to serve 360 days of unsupervised probation, complete 50 hours of community service and pay $325 in fees. All of the sentences were deferred, meaning the crime will be expunged from a player's record if he completes the conditions of his sentence. xawesomex

xeekx Judge Douglas Herman said during sentencing that the defendants were ''not smart enough, grown up enough or sophisticated enough'' to understand the consequences of their actions, and should not be penalized for being football players.

http://static.foxsports.com/content/fscom/img/2012/10/02/100212-8-CFB-North-Dakota-State-University-OB-PI_20121002141114822_660_320.JPG
Ten North Dakota State football players pleaded guilty to misdemeanor election fraud.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/north-dakota-state-players-plead-guilty-to-petition-fraud-100212

Gil Dobie
October 2nd, 2012, 05:12 PM
News conference at 7:30 CST, hopefully it doesn't affect this game.

LakesBison
October 2nd, 2012, 05:15 PM
it wont

Hammerhead
October 2nd, 2012, 09:13 PM
We lost the trees bowl in 2008. To make matters worse, the little saplings we received at the game didn't survive the 10 days in our Jeep until our road trip was over and we could try planting them.

Bisonoline
October 2nd, 2012, 09:59 PM
Doesnt make any difference who has the better QB if the offensive line cant protect him and give him time. Last year YSUs o-line was big and gave the QB time to throw the ball. NDSU needs to find a way to pressure the QB. NDSU needs to give their QB time to check off as well.
Another game that will be won in the trenches. Who rules the LOS wins the game.

Happy Penguin
October 3rd, 2012, 07:59 AM
Doesnt make any difference who has the better QB if the offensive line cant protect him and give him time. Last year YSUs o-line was big and gave the QB time to throw the ball. NDSU needs to find a way to pressure the QB. NDSU needs to give their QB time to check off as well.
Another game that will be won in the trenches. Who rules the LOS wins the game.
We haven't shown much of a pass rush so far....I don't know if they're "holding back" for you guys but I would have liked to have seen what we have, if anything, when we were trailing UNI.

If the past few games are any indication we'll play soft zone, keep the Bison in front of them and then wait for mistakes. Dicey choice at best.

THE HERD
October 3rd, 2012, 08:25 AM
Bison starting RB Ojuri suspended for this game, due to election fraud plus other violations of team rules.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 3rd, 2012, 08:28 AM
Bison starting RB Ojuri suspended for this game, due to election fraud plus other violations of team rules.

Sounds like a perfect chance for Crockett and Dinwiddie to take a big step forward.

penguinpower
October 3rd, 2012, 08:38 AM
Sounds like a perfect chance for Crockett and Dinwiddie to take a big step forward.

I didn't see a drop off between Ojuri and Crockett IMOP.

THE HERD
October 3rd, 2012, 08:41 AM

Agreed. I've been saying they need to get Dinwiddie some touches other than mop up duty.....that kid is electric! They need to use him just like they used Mike Sigers a couple years ago. I have no worries with Crockett in there, but if he were to get hurt early in the game might make me nervous, but we are extremely deep at RB.

THE HERD
October 3rd, 2012, 08:42 AM
I didn't see a drop off between Ojuri and Crockett IMOP.

There isn't a drop off.......many would say including myself that it is a step up.

Vitojr130
October 3rd, 2012, 09:41 AM
Agreed. I've been saying they need to get Dinwiddie some touches other than mop up duty.....that kid is electric! They need to use him just like they used Mike Sigers a couple years ago. I have no worries with Crockett in there, but if he were to get hurt early in the game might make me nervous, but we are extremely deep at RB.

The only thing I worry about having Dinwiddie in there at RB is his size. He seemed really small at the PVAMU game (probably because he is a true freshman if I remember right). He sure looked good against PVAMU, but then again so did everyone else. Sure, Dinwiddie is a fast and agile little scamper, but I fear his size will hinder his skills in the YSU game.

BisonBacker
October 3rd, 2012, 09:44 AM
The only thing I worry about having Dinwiddie in there at RB is his size. He seemed really small at the PVAMU game (probably because he is a true freshman if I remember right). He sure looked good against PVAMU, but then again so did everyone else. Sure, Dinwiddie is a fast and agile little scamper, but I fear his size will hinder his skills in the YSU game.

Exactly! Huge difference between PVAMU and YSU

Professor Chaos
October 3rd, 2012, 09:54 AM
Dinwiddie in a JUCO transfer. He is technically a Junior although I believe he'll qualify for a medical redshirt so I think he'll get 2 more years after this one.

He's not going to be a between the tackles guy but he'll provide a break if Crockett needs it. Bohl said that Andrew Lang will be 2nd on the depth chart at RB on Saturday so he'll see some time along with Dinwiddie and maybe even Matt Jones as well.

THE HERD
October 3rd, 2012, 10:36 AM

Never suggested that Dinwiddie would be a between the tackels 10-15 carry a game back. He would be a change of pace type of guy, just like how Sigers was used.....reciever out of the backfield, reverse types of plays etc. He has the ability to take it to the house everytime he touches it, so why not give it to him a 2-3 times a game?

bri-dog
October 3rd, 2012, 11:31 AM
Dinwiddie in a JUCO transfer. He is technically a Junior although I believe he'll qualify for a medical redshirt so I think he'll get 2 more years after this one.

He's not going to be a between the tackles guy but he'll provide a break if Crockett needs it. Bohl said that Andrew Lang will be 2nd on the depth chart at RB on Saturday so he'll see some time along with Dinwiddie and maybe even Matt Jones as well.

Sorry to be the "name nazi" since I enjoy your posts, but it's Derrick Lang. The Andrews are the two fullbacks, Andrew Grothmann and Andrew Bonnet...

Twentysix
October 3rd, 2012, 11:38 AM
At this point Crocket appears to be a better back than Ojuri anyway. Suspension or not, Crocket was bound to become the starter before the end of the season, imo.

Ojuri is an outstanding back, no one should forget that.

Vitojr130
October 3rd, 2012, 11:41 AM
Never suggested that Dinwiddie would be a between the tackels 10-15 carry a game back. He would be a change of pace type of guy, just like how Sigers was used.....reciever out of the backfield, reverse types of plays etc. He has the ability to take it to the house everytime he touches it, so why not give it to him a 2-3 times a game?

Well you suggested he should be used more often than just "mop up duty"... To me, 2-3 carries per game IS mop up duty. I can see using him for just that purpose. He is a good reliever to give Crockett a breather. However, YSU is a HUGE team (probably has the most size that we will face this year) and from what I saw at the PVAMU game, Dinwiddie isn't in the same league when it comes to this trait. He weighs only 159 lbs... Sure, he's fast, but so is YSU. The only reason he looked as good as he did in the only game he has played in is because PVAMU is just absolutely terrible. I'm sure they will develop him and build him up, but to have him as anything more than mop-up duty would scare me until he proves himself.

And I agree that he has the ability to take it to the house everytime he touches it... as long as the defenders don't lay a hand on him. He has the speed to outrun them if he can get out of the pile and break tackles... However, if you are a running back typically you will need to break tackles to make plays like this... again, I reference his size.

Go Bison
October 3rd, 2012, 11:42 AM
Dinwiddie should get some carries on toss sweeps and plays to the outside to utilize his speed. Sigers was pretty small as well but there are certain plays that can be run for them. However, Lang and even Jones should get more of the carries when Crockett is taking a breather.

I think this game will be won by the team whose defense can make some stops or force FGs instead of TDs. Turnovers will be magnified as well. I feel that NDSU's offense can score with YSU. Both have balanced offensive attacks. I watched the first half of the Youngstown/Pitt game and was very impressed with Hess. Not only is he a good thrower but he ran for a some big first downs. I believe there was a 3rd and 10 and they ran a QB draw and they got it. Cook threw a key block on that play. I was also impressed by #4 WR/KR Stubbs. YSU will get their points but I think NDSU will as well. Looking forward to another great MVC football game.

Twentysix
October 3rd, 2012, 11:44 AM
The line play on both sides of the ball will decide who wins and who loses, like every single NDSU game in recent memory. (Except bill fette)

Vitojr130
October 3rd, 2012, 11:47 AM
Dinwiddie should get some carries on toss sweeps and plays to the outside to utilize his speed. Sigers was pretty small as well but there are certain plays that can be run for them. However, Lang and even Jones should get more of the carries when Crockett is taking a breather.

I think this game will be won by the team whose defense can make some stops or force FGs instead of TDs. Turnovers will be magnified as well. I feel that NDSU's offense can score with YSU. Both have balanced offensive attacks. I watched the first half of the Youngstown/Pitt game and was very impressed with Hess. Not only is he a good thrower but he ran for a some big first downs. I believe there was a 3rd and 10 and they ran a QB draw and they got it. Cook threw a key block on that play. I was also impressed by #4 WR/KR Stubbs. YSU will get their points but I think NDSU will as well. Looking forward to another great MVC football game.

I have a feeling this is what he was recruited for. Come next year, we will have a very experienced Ojuri and a fairly experienced Crockett for the smash nose, I-formation type run plays and a somewhat experienced Dinwiddie for the outside and sweeps.

Go Bison
October 3rd, 2012, 11:54 AM
I have a feeling this is what he was recruited for. Come next year, we will have a very experienced Ojuri and a fairly experienced Crockett for the smash nose, I-formation type run plays and a somewhat experienced Dinwiddie for the outside and sweeps.

The big question I have with Dinwiddie is can he pass protect? If he can then he could be a good 3rd down back from time to time. At this point, I don't have enough evidence to know if he is ready for that job or not. Ojuri needs to keep his nose clean or he won't be back next year.

BisonBohl
October 3rd, 2012, 11:56 AM
Maybe its just me but I think some Bison fans are to quick to pass over Derrick Lang. I see him having a very nice game spelling in for Crockett.

Happy Penguin
October 3rd, 2012, 01:24 PM
At this point Crocket appears to be a better back than Ojuri anyway. Suspension or not, Crocket was bound to become the starter before the end of the season, imo.

Ojuri is an outstanding back, no one should forget that.
He gets my vote!

:)

Thundar
October 3rd, 2012, 01:53 PM

Ojuri being here all depends on his off the field issues, 1 more incident and I doubt he will be around. Kid just seems to not be very bright in this department

But yes he is sill a good back that would start on most teams, just so happens Crockett appears to be getting his rhythm back, people forget he didn't touch a live game in nearly 3 years. I fully expect by playoff time we are all going to be cheering him as th starter

Vitojr130
October 3rd, 2012, 02:05 PM
Ojuri being here all depends on his off the field issues, 1 more incident and I doubt he will be around. Kid just seems to not be very bright in this department

But yes he is sill a good back that would start on most teams, just so happens Crockett appears to be getting his rhythm back, people forget he didn't touch a live game in nearly 3 years. I fully expect by playoff time we are all going to be cheering him as th starter

Didn't Crockett play for some JUCO for 2 years?

MTfan4life
October 3rd, 2012, 02:08 PM

No. Graduated from Totino-Grace High School in '10 and came straight to NDSU.

Happy Penguin
October 3rd, 2012, 02:10 PM
Hey Bison fans I'm digging the throwback uniforms that you'll be sporting for homecoming.

http://i.imgur.com/j2nEp.jpg

Vitojr130
October 3rd, 2012, 02:13 PM
Hey Bison fans I'm digging the throwback uniforms that you'll be sprting for homecoming.

Oh well whaddya know, you found UND's new mascot! I like how they are actually sporting their true school colors pink and green.

NDSU 31
YSU 17

bri-dog
October 3rd, 2012, 02:14 PM

It was Dinwiddie that transferred from a JUCO...

Happy Penguin
October 3rd, 2012, 02:15 PM
Oh well whaddya know, you found UND's new mascot! I like how they are actually sporting their true school colors pink and green.

NDSU 31
YSU 17

Tell me that poor guy doesn't feel like a tool.

I'll go YSU 34 NDSU 31

Hammerhead
October 3rd, 2012, 02:46 PM
Those are UND's school colors.

I prefer to wear this on gameday mornings.

http://www.lileks.com/institute/dorcus/Clothes/football2.jpg

Hey Bison fans I'm digging the throwback uniforms that you'll be sporting for homecoming.

THE HERD
October 3rd, 2012, 02:56 PM
Well you suggested he should be used more often than just "mop up duty"... To me, 2-3 carries per game IS mop up duty. I can see using him for just that purpose. He is a good reliever to give Crockett a breather. However, YSU is a HUGE team (probably has the most size that we will face this year) and from what I saw at the PVAMU game, Dinwiddie isn't in the same league when it comes to this trait. He weighs only 159 lbs... Sure, he's fast, but so is YSU. The only reason he looked as good as he did in the only game he has played in is because PVAMU is just absolutely terrible. I'm sure they will develop him and build him up, but to have him as anything more than mop-up duty would scare me until he proves himself.

And I agree that he has the ability to take it to the house everytime he touches it... as long as the defenders don't lay a hand on him. He has the speed to outrun them if he can get out of the pile and break tackles... However, if you are a running back typically you will need to break tackles to make plays like this... again, I reference his size.

You seem overly concerned with his size.....guys like Sigers and Dinwiddie don't make thier living breaking tackles. These guys run in the 4.35-4.45 range, all they need is a little crease and its six points. By mop up duty I mean playing only when the game is well in hand not by how many touches they get. These types of guys are just another weapon that Vigen can incorporate into the offense to keep the opposing D off guard.....more stuff for the opposing D-coordinator to worry about and practice for. I'm not suggesting that Dinwiddie be the second string back, just that you give him a few touches a game in the form of a sweep, reverse, pass out of the backfield type of play where he can utilize his speed and possibly break one. This in turn will also serve to keeping the defense honest. Here's my other point concerning Dinwiddie's size.......news flash....he's never gonna be a big guy! He might get up to 170lbs....would that be big enough for ya? He's always gonna be a little guy who is gonna use his speed and quickness to make plays.

Bisonator
October 3rd, 2012, 03:01 PM
Like was said earlier, the lineplay will determine the winner. Turnovers will also be a factor. YSU has a very good offense, so does NDSU, that's a draw. NDSU has a great defense, YSU appears to be good not great, advantage NDSU. Special teams for both teams appear to be solid, draw again. Should be one hell of a game. GO BISON!!!

Bison - 31
Penguins - 27

Bisonator
October 3rd, 2012, 03:13 PM
I like Dinwiddie too. He may be small, but he is very quick and has that low center of gravity, and always appears to be running downhill. Small guys tend to get lost by the defense as well, sometimes size does matter! Sure he is not a between the tackles back nor short yardage guy, but he definitely can be utilized on outside runs, reverses, screens, etc. Look at guys like Ryan Smith, Barry Sanders, and Wes Welker, noone will say they are the biggest guys on the field, but they are dang good. Not comparing Dinwiddie to those guys skills just yet, but size wise. Let him have a year or 2 in the Bison weight room and lookout!

THE HERD
October 3rd, 2012, 03:32 PM
I like Dinwiddie too. He may be small, but he is very quick and has that low center of gravity, and always appears to be running downhill. Small guys tend to get lost by the defense as well, sometimes size does matter! Sure he is not a between the tackles back nor short yardage guy, but he definitely can be utilized on outside runs, reverses, screens, etc. Look at guys like Ryan Smith, Barry Sanders, and Wes Welker, noone will say they are the biggest guys on the field, but they are dang good. Not comparing Dinwiddie to those guys skills just yet, but size wise. Let him have a year or 2 in the Bison weight room and lookout!

He's a juco transfer so he only has a couple years.....why bring in a juco transfer if ya don't think they are going to contribute in some form right away? Granted a year in the weight room will be great for this kid, as it is for all of them, but I believe he can contribute right now....As I explained in previous posts. Punt returner or kickoff returner would also be a great fit for this kid, rather than risk the health of Williams or Smith.......a lot of injuries happen on punt and kick returns.

Thundar
October 3rd, 2012, 04:00 PM

I am officially freaked out..........

BucBisonAtLarge
October 3rd, 2012, 04:09 PM
We are awaiting final word on tickets, but it appears that my YSU grad spouse and I will be heading to Fargo for the March of the Penguins. We will start driving tomorrow, and get word on seats somewhere in the middle of Kansas. Look for a New Mexico flag during tailgating and expect some green chile cuisine. I hope to put a few faces to nic's.

Professor Chaos
October 3rd, 2012, 04:12 PM
We are awaiting final word on tickets, but it appears that my YSU grad spouse and I will be heading to Fargo for the March of the Penguins. We will start driving tomorrow, and get word on seats somewhere in the middle of Kansas. Look for a New Mexico flag during tailgating and expect some green chile cuisine. I hope to put a few faces to nic's.
You mean you're not going to cheer for the Bison?

BucBisonAtLarge
October 3rd, 2012, 04:18 PM
You mean you're not going to cheer for the Bison?

The ones trying to heap more pain on Holy Cross at Fitton Field this weekend? For sure... All my Bisonwear is blue and orange... but I will dig it out. I will just be relieved to not be listening to the YSU internet broadcast for one weekend.

deez_na
October 3rd, 2012, 04:27 PM
Tell me that poor guy doesn't feel like a tool.

I'll go YSU 34 NDSU 31

I'll be quite surprised if YSU can man up 34 points against the Bison D, good luck with that prediction.

Thundar
October 3rd, 2012, 05:31 PM

Have a safe trip, supposed to be a weird storm coming thru, but the Fargo area should just be rain from the sounds of it, hopefully it tragic ten out for Saturday which it sounds like it will

If you need any game day info, and have a android or iphone download the free bison game day app

Maps for tailgate etc...

X-Factor
October 3rd, 2012, 06:18 PM
I'll be quite surprised if YSU can man up 34 points against the Bison D, good luck with that prediction.

It is highly unlikely without multiple defensive scores. The YSU offense will have done it's job if it manages 21.

penguinpower
October 3rd, 2012, 06:20 PM
It is highly unlikely without multiple defensive scores. The YSU offense will have done it's job if it manages 21.

Pride comes before the fall. I think we match up well.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 3rd, 2012, 07:39 PM
Holy ****, is it Saturday yet? This is a long *** week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thundar
October 3rd, 2012, 07:44 PM
Holy ****, is it Saturday yet? This is a long *** week.

No crap......I work from home and travel when I want which makes the weeks fly by, but nothing I do this week helps

Hammerhead
October 3rd, 2012, 09:02 PM
Snow in the forecast already? That's pretty early for Fargo.

Have a safe trip, supposed to be a weird storm coming thru, but the Fargo area should just be rain from the sounds of it, hopefully it tragic ten out for Saturday which it sounds like it will

If you need any game day info, and have a android or iphone download the free bison game day app

Maps for tailgate etc...

NoDak 4 Ever
October 3rd, 2012, 09:29 PM
Snow in the forecast already? That's pretty early for Fargo.

Not gonna lie. I love Fargo but I don't miss that.

Bisonoline
October 4th, 2012, 12:30 AM
There isn't a drop off.......many would say including myself that it is a step up.

Crockett is the #1 back IMO. Sam has lost a step it seems. Could still be hurting from the high ankle sprain.

BucBisonAtLarge
October 4th, 2012, 01:16 AM

Maps for tailgate etc...

Thanks for the heads-up. No need to produce the stereotype weather for the tailgating... It hasn't been 48 at night here yet... Green chile chicken stew contains its own modest amount of heat.

Nickels
October 4th, 2012, 02:22 AM
I cant believe your already getting predictions for snow. That blows my mind. I have seen snow two maybe three times in my entire life while living in Texas, and there was maybe 2 inches on the ground for a couple of hours.

Huge "If" but If my Katz got it together and made it to Fargo this winter, would driving there be possible in a rwd car with no chains and performance tires?

Looks to be an epic game this weekend, I'll watch the replay Saturday night. I'll going to do best from finding out the score until I watch it, a lot easier with FCS games.

frozennorth
October 4th, 2012, 02:25 AM
I cant believe your already getting predictions for snow. That blows my mind. I have seen snow two maybe three times in my entire life while living in Texas, and there was maybe 2 inches on the ground for a couple of hours.

Huge "If" but If my Katz got it together and made it to Fargo this winter, would driving there be possible in a rwd car with no chains and performance tires?

Looks to be an epic game this weekend, I'll watch the replay Saturday night. I'll going to do best from finding out the score until I watch it, a lot easier with FCS games.

snow this early is very unusual, and regardless will have mostly, if not completely, melted by gametime.

TheBisonator
October 4th, 2012, 02:25 AM

I've driven in parking lots in Fargo with a foot of fresh snow on it with a RWD with no winter features. I can't tell you how many times in Fargo I had to dig my car out of the snow.

You eventually learn how to drive in deep snow if you drive enough, seriously.

BisonBacker
October 4th, 2012, 06:29 AM
31 degrees this am with rain changing over to snow. The snow should be gone by gameday but they are only predicting highs in the 40's for Saturday. Sunday in the 50's but one thing is for sure. There will be no snow in the Fargodome come kickoff xthumbsupx

Happy Penguin
October 4th, 2012, 08:08 AM

We're better than last years team that hung 27 on you.

Another thing to watch for, our kick-off team. It hasn't been very good.

Happy Penguin
October 4th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Those are UND's school colors.

I prefer to wear this on gameday mornings.

http://www.lileks.com/institute/dorcus/Clothes/football2.jpg

Please don't post pics of me in my tailgating gear. Thanks in advance.

coldspot
October 4th, 2012, 08:50 AM

this year we're better than the team that won the national championship last year.

Hammerhead
October 4th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Are you referring to the kick off coverage, returns, or both?

ysubigred
October 4th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Are you referring to the kick off coverage, returns, or both?

Coverage... Last year it was horrible this year it's bad. But we're making progress LOL!!

ysubigred
October 4th, 2012, 08:56 AM
this year we're better than the team that won the national championship last year.

And.. we're better than the team that beat you last year so... This should be an awesome game xhighfivex

Happy Penguin
October 4th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Yeah our coverage. You'd think with the extra 5 yards we could put it in the end zone a bit more often....

ysubigred
October 4th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Yeah our coverage. You'd think with the extra 5 yards we could put it in the end zone a bit more often....

Are you and buck going out to Fartngo??

BisonBacker
October 4th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Welcome to the YSU fans xlolx

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/55539_10152164164290714_1352795226_o.jpg

NDSU_grad
October 4th, 2012, 09:28 AM

North Dakota is actually better than a lot of places to drive in the winter because it's so cold. In my experience, Iowa, Nebraska, and Kansas are some of the worst places to drive in the winter because the temperature hovers around freezing and you get a lot of ice on the roadways. For the most part, roads are generally clear in the winter in North Dakota.

BisonBacker
October 4th, 2012, 09:29 AM
http://www.inforum.com/media/full/jpg/2012/10/04/snow13.jpg

BisonBacker
October 4th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Live weather cam of Fargo

http://bcove.me/4wox9v0y

BisonBacker
October 4th, 2012, 09:31 AM
:)
Not going to see much the rain and ice are covering most of the lens right now.

ysubigred
October 4th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Welcome to the YSU fans xlolx

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/55539_10152164164290714_1352795226_o.jpg

xblehx We're used to this white stuff.. maybe a month early xeekx

BisonBacker
October 4th, 2012, 09:33 AM
I just took that out of my office window shortly before posting it. Actually it's early for us to. This stuff won't last. Next week we have highs expected back in the 50's and 60's.

Happy Penguin
October 4th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Wow, why the hell do you guys play indooors? That would be an amazing home field advantage.

deez_na
October 4th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Pride comes before the fall. I think we match up well.

You may match up well or think you do but you wont play a defense tougher than ours. I heard the same thing all postseason last year and laughed when i saw the results. Top powered offenses were held almost scoreless but this isn't the playoffs so i'll expect points scored just not 30, 20 maybe

ysubigred
October 4th, 2012, 10:32 AM
xblahx WOW!! The odds makers has NDSU opening up as a ten point favorite xcoffeex

BisonBacker
October 4th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Wow, why the hell do you guys play indooors? That would be an amazing home field advantage.

We used to play outdoors
1922..http://digitalhorizonsonline.org/cgi-bin/getimage.exe?CISOROOT=/archives&CISOPTR=9&DMSCALE=100.00000&DMWIDTH=600&DMHEIGHT=600&DMX=0&DMY=0&DMTEXT=&REC=12&DMTHUMB=0&DMROTATE=0

1927.. http://digitalhorizonsonline.org/cgi-bin/getimage.exe?CISOROOT=/archives&CISOPTR=271&DMSCALE=93.89671&DMWIDTH=600&DMHEIGHT=600&DMX=0&DMY=0&DMTEXT=&REC=10&DMTHUMB=0&DMROTATE=0

prior to the Dome we played football here the previous dacotah field.
http://www.wday.com/media/full/jpg/2010/11/26/playoffgame.jpg

This was the field prep at old dacotah field http://boxscorenews.com/clients/boxscorenews/ndsuplayoff.jpg

Look at the folks in the stands...Thats outdoor football in North Dakota (I was to many of those games)...16947

totoinfl
October 4th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the pictures of Dacotah Field...remember it well. We used to play the intramural championships on it...lots of nasty carpet rash.

Beat the flightless flock!!!!xsmashx

We used to play outdoors
1922..http://digitalhorizonsonline.org/cgi-bin/getimage.exe?CISOROOT=/archives&CISOPTR=9&DMSCALE=100.00000&DMWIDTH=600&DMHEIGHT=600&DMX=0&DMY=0&DMTEXT=&REC=12&DMTHUMB=0&DMROTATE=0

1927.. http://digitalhorizonsonline.org/cgi-bin/getimage.exe?CISOROOT=/archives&CISOPTR=271&DMSCALE=93.89671&DMWIDTH=600&DMHEIGHT=600&DMX=0&DMY=0&DMTEXT=&REC=10&DMTHUMB=0&DMROTATE=0

prior to the Dome we played football here the previous dacotah field.

This was the field prep at old dacotah field http://boxscorenews.com/clients/boxscorenews/ndsuplayoff.jpg

Look at the folks in the stands...Thats outdoor football in North Dakota (I was to many of those games)...16947

ysubigred
October 4th, 2012, 11:04 AM
xlolx WTF!! Did ole' douche field double as a drive-in movie theater between games xawesomex

Happy Penguin
October 4th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Cool photos backer...kinda makes you long for the good old days.

ysubigred
October 4th, 2012, 11:15 AM
There's been a few games.. I've attended at YSU I wish was in a dome LOL!!

Y-town went from this;

http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/north_america/united_states/ohio/youngstown_falcon.jpg

To this:

http://www.ysupenguins.net/facilities/stadium5.jpg

MarkyMark
October 4th, 2012, 11:23 AM

Is YSU better this year or is YSU just playing consistently good football against everyone?

IMO YSU played a perfect game against NDSU last year. I expect that your offense will be as good or better than last year. My hope is that your defense (which gave up 35 at home to N. Iowa) will struggle at the dome to keep the Bison offense off the field.

penguinpower
October 4th, 2012, 11:49 AM
You may match up well or think you do but you wont play a defense tougher than ours. I heard the same thing all postseason last year and laughed when i saw the results. Top powered offenses were held almost scoreless but this isn't the playoffs so i'll expect points scored just not 30, 20 maybe

Like what happened last year at the dome? YSU put 451 yards on that defense and held the ball for more than 37 minutes and hung 27 on them?

BisonBacker
October 4th, 2012, 11:59 AM
xlolx WTF!! Did ole' douche field double as a drive-in movie theater between games xawesomex

That building on the right is the BSA where the Basketball team still plays. Yeah the building wasn't built with appearance as a major factor. Much talk about upgrading and the process is underway but we are a couple million short of the total amount needed to get it under full steam.

BisonBacker
October 4th, 2012, 12:04 PM
One of the Bison Faithful used to have a video up on you tube of a game at old dacotah field and it was during a blizzard with near whiteout conditions. You couldn't see the lines on the field and the players had virtually no footing. I can't seem to find it but if someone has a link to it hopefully they will post it. Was a hell of a game that NDSU won. Earl Solemenson was our coach back then. Unbelievable game.

Professor Chaos
October 4th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Like what happened last year at the dome? YSU put 451 yards on that defense and held the ball for more than 37 minutes and hung 27 on them?
And then what happened the next week?

Happy Penguin
October 4th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Is YSU better this year or is YSU just playing consistently good football against everyone?

IMO YSU played a perfect game against NDSU last year. I expect that your offense will be as good or better than last year. My hope is that your defense (which gave up 35 at home to N. Iowa) will struggle at the dome to keep the Bison offense off the field.
I'd say we're more consistant, but more importantly we have some depth now. We blew a lot of games late the past couple years. Our coach harps on not beating yourself so if we execute our gameplan and keep the mistakes at a minimum we can play with anyone.

I'm of an opinion that between 2 fairly close teams, games are more often lost than won.

bri-dog
October 4th, 2012, 12:19 PM
I'd say we're more consistant, but more importantly we have some depth now. We blew a lot of games late the past couple years. Our coach harps on not beating yourself so if we execute our gameplan and keep the mistakes at a minimum we can play with anyone.

I'm of an opinion that between 2 fairly close teams, games are more often lost than won.

That old "It'll make you go blind" is just an old wives' tale, you know...:p

NoDak 4 Ever
October 4th, 2012, 12:20 PM

Over the next 9 games (and counting) NDSU has given up 9 points a game. That is including last years playoffs against 4 of the top 10 offenses in the country.

penguinpower
October 4th, 2012, 12:23 PM
And then what happened the next week?

YSU was an inconsistent FB team last year. I have a lot of respect for the NDSU football team but this is not going to be a shut out. YSU matches up well with NDSU and the O is better than UNI''s who put 21 points on your defense (one td was garbage time) and lost the TOP with turnovers.

MarkyMark
October 4th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Your game against N. Iowa had a lot of points scored by both teams. Did your defense struggle? Special Teams?

How does YSU give up only 17 to Pitt on the road and 35 to UNI at home?

deez_na
October 4th, 2012, 12:30 PM
YSU was an inconsistent FB team last year. I have a lot of respect for the NDSU football team but this is not going to be a shut out. YSU matches up well with NDSU and the O is better than UNI''s who put 21 points on your defense (one td was garbage time) and lost the TOP with turnovers.

Nobody is expecting a shut out but you aren't going to have a game like last year, NDSU's defense changed quite a bit since then and showed it's the best when it counts. We also shut down UNI for most part outside a garbage touchdown on the road. I'm not saying the game won't be close but to predict a 34 point outing is hilarious.

Happy Penguin
October 4th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Your game against N. Iowa had a lot of points scored by both teams. Did your defense struggle? Special Teams?

How does YSU give up only 17 to Pitt on the road and 35 to UNI at home?

UNI is as good as Pitt. Don't automatically think BCS>FBS>FCS like TV talking heads do. UNI knows us better than Pitt and they know how to play against us. We had a 21-7 lead against UNI, we were going in for the 4th TD and had a 50+ yard run called back on holding. We had to give the ball up, lost momentum and they took advantage. I knew going into that game they'd give us everything Pitt did and more.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 4th, 2012, 12:40 PM
UNI is as good as Pitt. Don't automatically think BCS>FBS>FCS like TV talking heads do. UNI knows us better than Pitt and they know how to play against us. We had a 21-7 lead against UNI, we were going in for the 4th TD and had a 50+ yard run called back on holding. We had to give the ball up, lost momentum and they took advantage. I knew going into that game they'd give us everything Pitt did and more.

NDSU is better than both, it appears then.

MarkyMark
October 4th, 2012, 12:54 PM
[QUOTE=Happy Penguin;1858784]UNI is as good as Pitt. Don't automatically think BCS>FBS>FCS like TV talking heads do.

No NDSU fan would ever agree with FBS>FCS like TV talking heads do.

Really looking forward to the game on Saturday. I have a lot of respect for what your team has done this year. YSU took the crowd out of the game last year, I don't think that happens this time which could be the difference on Saturday.

THE HERD
October 4th, 2012, 01:28 PM
These two teams are very closely matched, so its gonna come down to who makes the big mistake or mistakes, ie turnovers. Also special teams TD's are huge in any game, but especially games like this.

moosbah
October 4th, 2012, 02:12 PM
I think it's going to come down to who has the best looking uniforms.

penguinpower
October 4th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Nobody is expecting a shut out but you aren't going to have a game like last year, NDSU's defense changed quite a bit since then and showed it's the best when it counts. We also shut down UNI for most part outside a garbage touchdown on the road. I'm not saying the game won't be close but to predict a 34 point outing is hilarious.

I wasn't predicting a 34 point game. I have watch every NDSU game this year. I pay $9.95 per month for all access. I have also watched every YSU game this year. I have a good feel for how good both of these teams are. IMOP this should be a #1 Vs #2 game. Montana State does not deserve to be ranked #2 after unimpressive performances. These two teams are very evenly matched and NDSU will have the advantage of playing at home. I am certain that the Bison Offense can move the ball on the Bison Defense in a scrimmage situation. YSU's O is just as good as NDSU's (if not a little better) YSU and NDSU are very evenly matched teams. I give the YSU a slight advantage with skill people on offense and I give the NDSU the advantage in the seconday on Defense.

Happy Penguin
October 4th, 2012, 02:28 PM
NDSU is better than both, it appears then.
Man you guys like to toot your own horn....damn! It was just an analogy not praise for what is apparently the best team to ever play FCS football.

deez_na
October 4th, 2012, 02:32 PM
I wasn't predicting a 34 point game.

My bad, happy penguin said that. Regardless 34 points would be a flawless game played offensively for you guys to pull that off.

penguinpower
October 4th, 2012, 02:41 PM
My bad, happy penguin said that. Regardless 34 points would be a flawless game played offensively for you guys to pull that off.

I agree that 34 points sounds like a lot of points, but we have had some wild games where there was a lot of scoring. You never know when it could turninto a shoot out. I do not forsee this, however, I think that it will come down to turnovers, field position and TOP.

Happy Penguin
October 4th, 2012, 02:48 PM
I agree that 34 points sounds like a lot of points, but we have had some wild games where there was a lot of scoring. You never know when it could turninto a shoot out. I do not forsee this, however, I think that it will come down to turnovers, field position and TOP.
It's been a high scoring series so far....hell I'd take 7-6 if it makes you feel better.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 4th, 2012, 02:55 PM
It's been a high scoring series so far....hell I'd take 7-6 if it makes you feel better.

Yeah, that's not going to happen. You forget, we have a common opponent. It didn't take a touchdown with 1:50 left in the game to barely beat UNI at home. Hell, the place was pretty empty with about 6 minutes left in the game.

penguinpower
October 4th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Yeah, that's not going to happen. You forget, we have a common opponent. It didn't take a touchdown with 1:50 left in the game to barely beat UNI at home. Hell, the place was pretty empty with about 6 minutes left in the game.

Yes but the reason for that was the short field you were given with 3 turnovers. Our game didn't play out that way UNI.

gumby013
October 4th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Here's the video of the 1986 Augustana game someone was talking about earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOXkT107x2E

Happy Penguin
October 4th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Yes but the reason for that was the short field you were given with 3 turnovers. Our game didn't play out that way UNI.
We were given a free TO last year too...remember that goofball running back that dropped the ball for no reason? That's football.

Like I said games are lost quite a bit at this level, not necessarily won.

Teams are more even than a lot in this thread acknowledge. YSU, Pitt, UNI and NDSU can all beat each other on AGS. Assuming domination every time you hit the field is being a bit too much of a homer in my opinion.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 4th, 2012, 03:09 PM
We were given a free TO last year too...remember that goofball running back that dropped the ball for no reason? That's football.

Like I said games are lost quite a bit at this level, not necessarily won.

Teams are more even than a lot in this thread acknowledge. YSU, Pitt, UNI and NDSU can all beat each other on AGS. Assuming domination every time you hit the field is being a bit too much of a homer in my opinion.

When your team has lost 1 game in the last 18 months, you tend to feel that way. Had DJ not dropped that TD, it would have been 0 games.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 4th, 2012, 03:11 PM

and yes, that's Ed Schultz.

BisonFan02
October 4th, 2012, 03:33 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/269083_10151124896483889_1720774894_n.jpg

Is it Saturday yet? :D....I'm gonna be ready to go.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 4th, 2012, 03:38 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/269083_10151124896483889_1720774894_n.jpg

I brought, and demolished, 2 cases of that stuff this weekend in Iowa.

BisonFan02
October 4th, 2012, 03:39 PM
I brought, and demolished, 2 cases of that stuff this weekend in Iowa.

I might have to buy a second bag to check...haha

Go Bison
October 4th, 2012, 04:09 PM

Where did you get the Yuengling? I had it the first time at a conference in Miami, FL. I live in the Twin Cities and according to their website none is available in this area.

BisonFan02
October 4th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Where did you get the Yuengling? I had it the first time at a conference in Miami, FL. I live in the Twin Cities and according to their website none is available in this area.

I'm out in PA for work...bringing a case (maybe two) back with me to Fargo.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 4th, 2012, 04:44 PM
I'm out in PA for work...bringing a case (maybe two) back with me to Fargo.

Ah, it's at the grocery store here :)

BisonFan02
October 4th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Ah, it's at the grocery store here :)

Rub it in ya richard :D A guys gotta do what a guys gotta do to bring back some Yuengling home with him.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 4th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Rub it in ya richard :D A guys gotta do what a guys gotta do to bring back some Yuengling home with him.

I literally traded a dude 2 cases of Yeungling for the equal amount of Grain Belt Premium back in January in Texas.

TheBisonator
October 4th, 2012, 06:11 PM

Always hurts me to see that... Knowing that they decided not to postpone the game.

The Vikings/NFL would have postponed a game like that in the 1970's at the Old Met if they had a chance.

BlueKeyAlum
October 4th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Always hurts me to see that... Knowing that they decided not to postpone the game.

The Vikings/NFL would have postponed a game like that in the 1970's at the Old Met if they had a chance.

Great game. I remember me and my dorm buddies keeping toasty with schnapps and sliding down down the steps of Dakotah field on our butts and bellies because the snow fall was so heavy. Plus, due to wind gusts, at times we couldn't see the field from the stands. At halftime there was free pizza inside the BSA.

totoinfl
October 4th, 2012, 08:16 PM
I started during the Jim Wacker days ended in the Don Morton era...remember a playoff game with Virginia Union, I think the game time temp was about 15 degrees with a windchill near zero...VU came out saw the Bison running around in half shirts and no long arm undershirts and the game was over before it started. Standing in the student section looking north pretty much guaranteed some frostbite.

One of the Bison Faithful used to have a video up on you tube of a game at old dacotah field and it was during a blizzard with near whiteout conditions. You couldn't see the lines on the field and the players had virtually no footing. I can't seem to find it but if someone has a link to it hopefully they will post it. Was a hell of a game that NDSU won. Earl Solemenson was our coach back then. Unbelievable game.

YSU FAN#34
October 4th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Lets not forget that win or lose...this could very well be game one of a two game series this year. As much as i would like to win this one, this game is borderline meaningless in the grand scheme. We WILL be in the playoffs this year. If you think you have a chip on your shoulder from last years defeat...we have a bigger chip for blowing multiple games and for NOT making the playoffs. YSU IS BACK AND HOPEFULLY FOR SOME TIME TO COME. All that matters is only one team will win enough games or THE game that really matters.

Good luck! Its gonna be a heck of a battle. We will see you again in a couple months i'm sure.

GO GUINS!!!

Happy Penguin
October 4th, 2012, 09:01 PM

There's room for a fifth or 2 if you just wear those pants on top of the ones you're travelling in....I'm surprised I have to tell you this son.