PDA

View Full Version : Cal Poly Mustangs 35, North Dakota Fighting Nothings 17, Final Score

coover
September 29th, 2012, 09:00 PM
The University of North Dakota, which has no nickname, lost it's first FCS game this year to Cal Poly, which does have a nickname, the Mustangs. Maybe next year the Nothings will have a nickname.

Ginsbach
September 29th, 2012, 09:04 PM
UND can't adopt a new nickname until 2015.

Great win for the Mustangs!

coover
September 29th, 2012, 09:08 PM

Great win for the Mustangs!Then they'll be the Fighting Nothings until 2015

swaghook
September 29th, 2012, 09:18 PM
They've been dubbed the Whioux among other names locally lol

slostang
September 29th, 2012, 09:20 PM
UND is a VERY good team that will win quite a few games this year in the Big Sky. Game was close until late in the game and could have gone either way. Good game UND.

cpalum
September 29th, 2012, 09:23 PM
UND is a VERY good team that will win quite a few games this year in the Big Sky. Game was close until late in the game and could have gone either way. Good game UND.

This

cpalum
September 29th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Loved the new gold uni's

tingly
September 29th, 2012, 09:35 PM
The UC Davis-Poly game could have gone the same way pretty easily. It's odd how little difference there is between an 18-point win and an 8-point win.

frozennorth
September 29th, 2012, 09:52 PM

cal poly is pretty good. UND definitely is not.

slostang
September 29th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Loved the new gold uni's

I think they looked sharp.

cpalum
September 29th, 2012, 09:54 PM
I am bias but I think Cal Poly should be in the top 15 at least. Maybe top 10. Stony Brook will get lots of love for their FBS win but the truth is that Army is a terrible team this year; thire win should have been expected. Cal Poly beat a very good UND team.

FargoBison
September 29th, 2012, 10:03 PM
I am bias but I think Cal Poly should be in the top 15 at least. Maybe top 10. Stony Brook will get lots of love for their FBS win but the truth is that Army is a terrible team this year; thire win should have been expected. Cal Poly beat a very good UND team.

CP was in my top 10 last week. That said nice win Mustangs.

coover
September 29th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Loved the new gold uni'sI liked the all gold uniforms, they did look good, but the all white (yes, there is some green striping on both the gold and white) looks awesome. I find the white away uniforms a little bit preferable.

darell1976
September 29th, 2012, 10:19 PM

This is why I picked Cal Poly to battle MSU for the conference title. They are a very dangerous team and proved it by going into a hostile environment and shutting down our long ball while running all over our defense. Hats off to Cal Poly and best of luck the rest of the season. As for UND....brush off the loss and get ready to continue to battle for a playoff birth as you take the trip out to Cheney. GO UND!!

bojeta
September 29th, 2012, 10:26 PM
This is why I picked Cal Poly to battle MSU for the conference title. They are a very dangerous team and proved it by going into a hostile environment and shutting down our long ball while running all over our defense. Hats off to Cal Poly and best of luck the rest of the season. As for UND....brush off the loss and get ready to continue to battle for a playoff birth as you take the trip out to Cheney. GO UND!!

I was not surprised by how well Davis did against Weber either. I know people think Weber is weak, but their performances against FBS schools show they are still dangerous. I've thought Davis was a good team all along. Their solid win tonight verifies they're legitimate. SUU's near victory against MSU tonight is further proof the former Great West was better than most were giving them credit for. UND is a solid team and will rebound from tonight!

Hambone
September 29th, 2012, 10:29 PM

So a game that could have went either way shows you that one team is pretty good and the other definitely is not?

darell1976
September 29th, 2012, 10:31 PM
So a game that could have went either way shows you that one team is pretty good and the other definitely is not?

Bison fan...what do you expect.

darell1976
September 29th, 2012, 10:32 PM
I was not surprised by how well Davis did against Weber either. I know people think Weber is weak, but their performances against FBS schools show they are still dangerous. I've thought Davis was a good team all along. Their solid win tonight verifies they're legitimate. SUU's near victory against MSU tonight is further proof the former Great West was better than most were giving them credit for. UND is a solid team and will rebound from tonight!

UND is 7-2 in the last two seasons at home, guess what team gave us those two losses....Cal Poly I salute you!

GradBison
September 29th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Loved the new gold uni's

I think they looked sharp.

Got pics?

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 29th, 2012, 10:33 PM

UND is a darn good football team, Poly is simply better. The Big Sky big 3, (EWU, CP, MSU) can rival any top 3 from any conference. UND can still compete for the playoffs.

From a phone

slostang
September 29th, 2012, 11:07 PM
UND is a darn good football team, Poly is simply better. The Big Sky big 3, (EWU, CP, MSU) can rival any top 3 from any conference. UND can still compete for the playoffs.

From a phone

I think you can add NAU into that top group.

Drblankstare
September 29th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Poly is tough, winning in Grand Forks, is no easy task. UND is a good club also

GradBison
September 29th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Just saw the gold unis on the news. Cool look, I've always liked Poly's colors/

clenz
September 29th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Bison fan...what do you expect.
This.....I saw 7 cars in Cedar Falls today that had Sioux Suck in window paint on them...in the lot I was tailgating in alone.

Drblankstare
September 29th, 2012, 11:22 PM
This.....I saw 7 cars in Cedar Falls today that had Sioux Suck in window paint on them...in the lot I was tailgating in alone.

We're not all this bad, just most of us.xlolx

clenz
September 29th, 2012, 11:23 PM
We're not all this bad, just most of us.xlolx
There was a custom plate that read "undsks" as well that had 3 NDSU flags on it. I could guess what it stood for.

The obsession runs deep.

LakesBison
September 30th, 2012, 12:57 AM
It's just a couple of old turds from small town no Dakota that live in the past. No real NDSU fans care

Plus isnt Hambone a und fan ?

clenz
September 30th, 2012, 01:13 AM
For being a real ndsu fan, your sure care a lot....commenting on every und thread, using fake named to threaten congressmen, doing everything you can to draft und through the mud,etc...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

darell1976
September 30th, 2012, 01:34 AM

From a phone

This was a huge loss for UND the most DI wins we can get is 8. We played a DII team in week one and that may come back to haunt us. If UND loses to EWU next Saturday our playoffs chances are gone. UND still has to play at Montana State and most UND fans didn't pick that game as a UND win. One game at a time and hopeully we get some upsets.

frozennorth
September 30th, 2012, 04:34 AM

you lost by three scores. towson led lsu too, i suppose that game could have gone either way.

darell1976
September 30th, 2012, 05:56 AM
you lost by three scores. towson led lsu too, i suppose that game could have gone either way.

So losing by 18 points to a ranked team shows that UND is no good even though we have a winning record, put up 41 points on an FBS team and is 1-1 in the conference. When you bash UND come up with facts to backup your claim or else you look like a Bison troll on a UND thread.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 30th, 2012, 06:41 AM
This was a huge loss for UND the most DI wins we can get is 8. We played a DII team in week one and that may come back to haunt us. If UND loses to EWU next Saturday our playoffs chances are gone. UND still has to play at Montana State and most UND fans didn't pick that game as a UND win. One game at a time and hopeully we get some upsets.

IMO, UND beats Montana State. MSU is over-rated. They are a 'soft' team that has trouble playing physical teams.

Yes, it is a long road to the playoffs but UND has a legit chance if they keep balancing the running and passing games.

Laker
September 30th, 2012, 07:39 AM

Why is that?

darell1976
September 30th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Why is that?

Its a "cooling off" period that was laid out in the repeal of the state law. There will be no new nickname chosen until 2015 and at that time a commitee will pick a name with a whole lot of input from different types of people (alumni, students, etc.) This way there won't be a rush to choose a name that will sound bad just to fill a void.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/nd-school-officially-drops-fighting-sioux-nickname

The school won't move forward with a new nickname. While sacking the original bill lawmakers attached a provision that prevents UND from taking a new nickname until 2015, to promote a cooling-off period.

Shaft compared the issue to a high school nickname debate in Grand Forks, his hometown, where Central High School dropped its Redskins logo. People on both sides of that imbroglio "ultimately healed," he said.

"I think this healing process might be quicker than we think with UND simply because the people have been dealing with it for a long time and have had the opportunity to move on to some degree," Shaft said.

I am an alumn of Grand Forks Central High School and it hurt for quite a while. Its still wierd to call them the Knights but I did vote for that name over Pride.

Laker
September 30th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Its a "cooling off" period that was laid out in the repeal of the state law. There will be no new nickname chosen until 2015 and at that time a commitee will pick a name with a whole lot of input from different types of people (alumni, students, etc.) This way there won't be a rush to choose a name that will sound bad just to fill a void.

I am an alumn of Grand Forks Central High School and it hurt for quite a while. Its still wierd to call them the Knights but I did vote for that name over Pride.

I remember the Central controversy. Yesterday at the MSU-Mankato game the season ticket holder who sits next to me gave me a UND hooded sweatshirt. He has business in North Dakota and said they are having a sale on all of the nicknamed apparel. I hope that they pick something decent and unique.

darell1976
September 30th, 2012, 08:16 AM
I remember the Central controversy. Yesterday at the MSU-Mankato game the season ticket holder who sits next to me gave me a UND hooded sweatshirt. He has business in North Dakota and said they are having a sale on all of the nicknamed apparel. I hope that they pick something decent and unique.

Fighting Sioux apparel is available until the stock runs out. I was told by a cashier at the REA that sometime in December will be the last of the Fighting Sioux stuff from their license. So they can sell it as long as its on the shelf but nothing with Fighting Sioux can be ordered. Everything at the Alerus dealing with UND football does NOT contain any Fighting Sioux apparel. When I went to the Portland State/UND game that was the first thing I noticed when looking at the gear.

UNDColorado
September 30th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Disappointing loss but Poly out played us. Nice win, you guys have a great team.

Hambone
September 30th, 2012, 11:24 AM

Did you watch the game? I'm assuming you didn't since the Bison were playing at the same time. The teams were very evenly matched, and Poly's defense made some plays to create some turnovers that really made the difference in the game. Once Poly ripped off the 60 yard run after UND took the lead, you could feel the momentum completely shift. Anyway, I do like Poly to win (or at least share the crown) the Big Sky with the remaining schedule. Good luck the rest of the ways Stangs!

slostang
September 30th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Did you watch the game? I'm assuming you didn't since the Bison were playing at the same time. The teams were very evenly matched, and Poly's defense made some plays to create some turnovers that really made the difference in the game. Once Poly ripped off the 60 yard run after UND took the lead, you could feel the momentum completely shift. Anyway, I do like Poly to win (or at least share the crown) the Big Sky with the remaining schedule. Good luck the rest of the ways Stangs!

UND is a very good team that will make some noise in the Big Sky this year.

bojeta
September 30th, 2012, 12:46 PM
UND is definitely capable of going 8-3. Nearly every Big Sky team is a threat to ruin a season for their opponent. You can never tell exactly how a matchup is going to play out. Just look at what happened to The Citadel yesterday. I certainly hope our players don't look at what Davis did to Weber and take next week lightly. Weber is capable of beating some good teams. Don't think it will happen, but we better be focused!!!

frozennorth
September 30th, 2012, 02:33 PM
I watched the first quarter, then went to dinner before work with some friends. I saw none of the NDSU game.

How can you look at UND's JV defense and say they are good? take of the blind homer glasses for once. Congrats on having the momentm for about 5 minutes before getting pounded.

coover
September 30th, 2012, 03:01 PM
North Dakota is a fine team and will do well the rest of the season. Making the playoffs, though, will be difficult as they already have 2 losses in their 10 Division I games. Two more losses in their remaining 6 games and they are out, and they do have a difficult schedule ahead.

I have roots in the North Dakota area (my father was born in Bismarck and my grandmother was raised in Jamestown) and still have family in the North and South Dakota (Morleys and Greins), so I wish UND and the other Dakota schools well, but as a California guy and a Cal Poly grad, that is the school for which I root.

I made a joke about the North Dakota "Fighting Nothings". I shall not call them that again (until the next time we play).

darell1976
September 30th, 2012, 03:02 PM
I watched the first quarter, then went to dinner before work with some friends. I saw none of the NDSU game.

How can you look at UND's JV defense and say they are good? take of the blind homer glasses for once. Congrats on having the momentm for about 5 minutes before getting pounded.

You watched the first quarter. WOW!! You can really tell a game by the first 15 minutes played. xlolx

Hambone
September 30th, 2012, 04:51 PM

Again - if you didn't watch the whole game you have no idea what you're talking about. UND had the momentum for almost the whole 2nd and 3rd quarters, then the wheels came off in the fourth. Homer glasses? Where did I even say the defense was good? They've really struggled this year, and I've never said they were good. I am normally as objective as anybody, which I would love to see you show otherwise. Your hatred - for whatever reason - of UND is clouding your judgement on this one. Have fun at the Bison game next weekend - you know the one you're so excited for, Mr. reformedUNDfan.

SDFS
September 30th, 2012, 05:52 PM
I just wanted say great game last night Poly. They look like a team that is ready to rumble. I look forward to the next game already. Not sure how many people saw this catch in yesterdays game but look at the highlight link - 4:20 mark. It is easy to see why the true freshman is playing.

http://www.undsports.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=1064595&db_oem_id=13500

coover
September 30th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Just a memo to those who want to see Cal Poly next week agains Weber State ... the game will be FRIDAY at 5 PM Pacific Coast Time (8 Eastern). It will be on Big Sky TV at no cost, but you will have to register and download the plugins.

frozennorth
September 30th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Again - if you didn't watch the whole game you have no idea what you're talking about. UND had the momentum for almost the whole 2nd and 3rd quarters, then the wheels came off in the fourth. Homer glasses? Where did I even say the defense was good? They've really struggled this year, and I've never said they were good. I am normally as objective as anybody, which I would love to see you show otherwise. Your hatred - for whatever reason - of UND is clouding your judgement on this one. Have fun at the Bison game next weekend - you know the one you're so excited for, Mr. reformedUNDfan.

I don't really hate UND, I just am willing to acknowledge that the football team is currently an abomination. Some solid pieces, but there really nothing to work with on defense or at running back. Naturally, the incredibly incompetent coaching staff decides to not play to the teams strengths.

darell1976
September 30th, 2012, 10:25 PM
I don't really hate UND, I just am willing to acknowledge that the football team is currently an abomination. Some solid pieces, but there really nothing to work with on defense or at running back. Naturally, the incredibly incompetent coaching staff decides to not play to the teams strengths.

???? UND is solid at Running back. Mitch Sutton 66 for 317 and 7 TD 4.8 avg , Jake Miller 45 for 297 1 TD 6.6 avg As a team UND averages 191.8 yds a game. But when a team with a good defense like Cal Poly shuts down your passing game they can then focus on the run. Sac St didn't do that againg UND so UND was able to run all over them. UND has always been known as a running team its just this year we added weapons like a throwing QB, and tall, quick receivers. The only thing that needs work on this team is defense pure and simple.

clenz
September 30th, 2012, 10:32 PM
I'd honestly like to see a home and home series set up with UND.

UNI has one with UNC starting next year....Drake won't play us unless it is something like a 2-1 or 3-1 with UNI's home game coming last (which sucks but games at Drake are still UNI home games with the number of UNI alumns in Des Moines).

UND is a relatively close FCS team that I'd bet would be willing to do a series of some kind.

frozennorth
September 30th, 2012, 10:42 PM
???? UND is solid at Running back. Mitch Sutton 66 for 317 and 7 TD 4.8 avg , Jake Miller 45 for 297 1 TD 6.6 avg As a team UND averages 191.8 yds a game. But when a team with a good defense like Cal Poly shuts down your passing game they can then focus on the run. Sac St didn't do that againg UND so UND was able to run all over them. UND has always been known as a running team its just this year we added weapons like a throwing QB, and tall, quick receivers. The only thing that needs work on this team is defense pure and simple.

you should go look at the game by game summaries.

cal poly 38 for 138 3.3
sdsu, 27 for 55 2.0
portland 35 for 107 3.1

south dakota school of mines 48 370 7.7

Lop of south dakota state junior high, and those stats don't look so good. Or for that matter, look at last years stats. Over half of jake millers yards came in three games against naia teams. Mitch sutten is passable, but you need more than one decent running back to call yourselves good.

darell1976
October 1st, 2012, 04:04 AM
you should go look at the game by game summaries.

cal poly 38 for 138 3.3
sdsu, 27 for 55 2.0
portland 35 for 107 3.1

south dakota school of mines 48 370 7.7

Lop of south dakota state junior high, and those stats don't look so good. Or for that matter, look at last years stats. Over half of jake millers yards came in three games against naia teams. Mitch sutten is passable, but you need more than one decent running back to call yourselves good.

You missed a game..where's our rushing stat against Sac St. Also when you play from behind you are not going to run the ball.

darell1976
October 1st, 2012, 04:07 AM
I'd honestly like to see a home and home series set up with UND.

UNI has one with UNC starting next year....Drake won't play us unless it is something like a 2-1 or 3-1 with UNI's home game coming last (which sucks but games at Drake are still UNI home games with the number of UNI alumns in Des Moines).

UND is a relatively close FCS team that I'd bet would be willing to do a series of some kind.

UND fans would love to play UNI. Of course UNI would love to revenge on the UND upset win in 2006. Plus its in driving distance so money shouldn't be a problem. UND has a full slate in 2013 (unless they want a 12th game) but maybe in 2014 something can be done.

Laker
October 1st, 2012, 07:59 AM
Is a UND-NDSU game on the drawing board yet?

Hambone
October 1st, 2012, 08:13 AM

I can buy that, although I don't agree that it is an abomination. The defense I can give you. I think UND is a top 6 Big Sky team this season - how high all rests on the defense.

darell1976
October 1st, 2012, 08:16 AM
Is a UND-NDSU game on the drawing board yet?

The earliest possible regular season meeting would be 2015 due to full schedules. UND's AD sent NDSU's AD a contract for a game in Fargo in 2015 and a game in Grand Forks in 2017....never signed. The politics of this rival still lives on. Of course its up to the NCAA when we meet in the playoffs which could be as soon as this season (althought UND's loss to Cal Poly almost blows that idea).

THE HERD
October 1st, 2012, 08:45 AM
IMO, UND beats Montana State. MSU is over-rated. They are a 'soft' team that has trouble playing physical teams.

Yes, it is a long road to the playoffs but UND has a legit chance if they keep balancing the running and passing games.

I agree with this....MSU has just got by a couple teams that they should have crushed, one bieng a non-scholly team. Don't get me wrong the Cats are a good team, I just don't think they are #2 in the country good. They have been playing without one of their stud D-lineman Minter, so his return could make a huge difference. I wouldn't call them soft either, just think they are a little over rated right now. UND could definitely beat them. My pick for the BSC champion is Eastern Washington.

Walkon79
October 1st, 2012, 12:01 PM
I agree with this....MSU has just got by a couple teams that they should have crushed, one bieng a non-scholly team. Don't get me wrong the Cats are a good team, I just don't think they are #2 in the country good. They have been playing without one of their stud D-lineman Minter, so his return could make a huge difference. I wouldn't call them soft either, just think they are a little over rated right now. UND could definitely beat them. My pick for the BSC champion is Eastern Washington.

We played a bunch of the game on Saturday without 4 offensive starters, turned the ball over 4 times and still won on the road. BTW, SUU will win alot of games this year. Have we proven that we can complete with the elite in FCS? Not yet. But calling this version of the Cats "soft" is a stretch. 5-0 baby! Just keep winning games. Can't wait for Eastern in 2 weeks! Should be a record crowd of over 21,000 in Bobcat Stadium.

Back to CP-UND, I was hoping for the upset here, and am also looking forward to our renewed rivalry with UND. We will not overlook anybody this year including the Whoiux :)

Bisonoline
October 1st, 2012, 04:10 PM
The earliest possible regular season meeting would be 2015 due to full schedules. UND's AD sent NDSU's AD a contract for a game in Fargo in 2015 and a game in Grand Forks in 2017....never signed. The politics of this rival still lives on. Of course its up to the NCAA when we meet in the playoffs which could be as soon as this season (althought UND's loss to Cal Poly almost blows that idea).

Fact is you-we dont know what NDSU has in the pipline/negotiations with other teams that have been ongoing for several years. This stuff doesnt happen over night.

One must also remember that NDSU gave UND a chance to play us for one game to get things going again but your AD insisted it be an every year deal. Thats not a very good tactic when you are trying to get your foot in the door and when you are not bargaining from a position of strength.

Yes there is some politics involved. Just as there was when UND decided to cancel playing NDSU.

I look forward to the game being played again. But you can rest assured that Faison wont bully Taylor in to the game. Hes tried this on numerous occations and has come up short.

THE HERD
October 1st, 2012, 04:17 PM
We played a bunch of the game on Saturday without 4 offensive starters, turned the ball over 4 times and still won on the road. BTW, SUU will win alot of games this year. Have we proven that we can complete with the elite in FCS? Not yet. But calling this version of the Cats "soft" is a stretch. 5-0 baby! Just keep winning games. Can't wait for Eastern in 2 weeks! Should be a record crowd of over 21,000 in Bobcat Stadium.

Back to CP-UND, I was hoping for the upset here, and am also looking forward to our renewed rivalry with UND. We will not overlook anybody this year including the Whoiux :)

Never called ya soft, the other poster did. I just think your somewhat lucky to be undefeated right now with how you have played........fair?

Walkon79
October 1st, 2012, 04:35 PM
Never called ya soft, the other poster did. I just think your somewhat lucky to be undefeated right now with how you have played........fair?

Oh I think that's more than fair. We're taking a page out of the Bobby Hauck playbook of the 2000's. If the Cats put a complete game together we can compete with anybody. I think we will get better as the year goes on barring injury, and will be very formidable come playoff time.

bisonwest
October 1st, 2012, 07:21 PM

I'm no UND fan, but from what I have seen so far I'd have to disagree. They are a program on the rise right now. They have a pretty potent passing attack, but they need the defense to step it up a bit before you can say they are a contender in the Big Sky. They are definately on the right track.

darell1976
October 1st, 2012, 10:28 PM
Fact is you-we dont know what NDSU has in the pipline/negotiations with other teams that have been ongoing for several years. This stuff doesnt happen over night.

One must also remember that NDSU gave UND a chance to play us for one game to get things going again but your AD insisted it be an every year deal. Thats not a very good tactic when you are trying to get your foot in the door and when you are not bargaining from a position of strength.

Yes there is some politics involved. Just as there was when UND decided to cancel playing NDSU.

I look forward to the game being played again. But you can rest assured that Faison wont bully Taylor in to the game. Hes tried this on numerous occations and has come up short.

Faison called Taylor's bluff he gave him what he wanted (a game every other year), and Taylor doesn't want any part of it. I call that sour grapes. Yes UND stopped the rivalry for reasons we all know. There is fault on both sides in bringing it back (if you don't agree to that take the green and gold glasses off).

Bisonoline
October 1st, 2012, 11:28 PM
Faison called Taylor's bluff he gave him what he wanted (a game every other year), and Taylor doesn't want any part of it. I call that sour grapes. Yes UND stopped the rivalry for reasons we all know. There is fault on both sides in bringing it back (if you don't agree to that take the green and gold glasses off).

Faison didnt call Taylors bluff because there is no bluff to call. Faison had his chance but pissed up a rope. Now hes late to the party with an offer he should have accepted in the first place. But things have changed since then. I dont see whats so hard to understand.

I dont wear green and gold glasses. The facts dont lie. Ive already agreed that there are some politics being played so whats your point?

ps It would also help Faison out a great deal to negotiate with Taylor instead of doing it through the press. IMO of course.

LakesBison
October 1st, 2012, 11:35 PM
Faison cries and runs to media like a spoiled child, Taylor (Homey) Dont play that!! >>> insert witty in living color video here

Move on, 9 years and counting, YAWN..

SDFS
October 1st, 2012, 11:43 PM
Faison cries and runs to media like a spoiled child, Taylor (Homey) Dont play that!! >>> insert witty in living color video here

Most of the media stories that I have seen are athletic officials answering questions asked by the media. I am not aware of UND calling press conferences and going to the media - please provide links of the UND press conference running to media or withdrawl statement.

LakesBison
October 1st, 2012, 11:56 PM
Last summer. He went on Kfgo yapping his gills. SDFS. you are right, no press conf.

Ps according to his twitter, your supposed future QB Misses going to NDSU games at loud fargodome! (sad cry face for und)

@JMollberg
"@C_McLeod11: I miss going to NDSU games :(" UND
9:21pm - 29 Sep 12

It's public for all to see, so don't shoot the messenger

clenz
October 2nd, 2012, 12:00 AM
AND......He's back.

Bisonoline
October 2nd, 2012, 12:52 AM
Most of the media stories that I have seen are athletic officials answering questions asked by the media. I am not aware of UND calling press conferences and going to the media - please provide links of the UND press conference running to media or withdrawl statement.

Doesnt need to be a press conference. All he has to do is make a comment to the press. Which he did. Then the press jumps the couch and the questions fly about the rivalry once more. Hence doing Faisons bidding once more.

darell1976
October 2nd, 2012, 01:21 AM
Doesnt need to be a press conference. All he has to do is make a comment to the press. Which he did. Then the press jumps the couch and the questions fly about the rivalry once more. Hence doing Faisons bidding once more.

WDAY's Dom Izzo brought up the next time they could meet on the Bison media blog before even talking to Faison. Its the media that is pushing the timetable not Faison, and I didn't mean my comment about the green and gold glasses to you specifically. You get the politics and there is fault on both sides, but there are people who blame UND and only UND for this.

darell1976
October 2nd, 2012, 01:24 AM

And yet you haven't moved on by posting in UND threads across the net.

MTfan4life
October 2nd, 2012, 02:05 AM
Last summer. He went on Kfgo yapping his gills. SDFS. you are right, no press conf.

Ps according to his twitter, your supposed future QB Misses going to NDSU games at loud fargodome! (sad cry face for und)

@JMollberg

No offense lakes, but this has to be one of the lamest posts on ags. Trolling an 18 year old kid's twitter and acting like that means he hates UND.

P.S. A simple glance at the tweet. He was quoting a friend's tweet and the "UND*" part refers to the fact Mollberg was correcting his friend that he should have said "I miss going to UND games."

In no point of that tweet did he reference a preference of NDSU. If you're going to be quoting tweets from teenagers, at least make sure you know what they mean in their tweet before you get a semi chub from reading it.

LakesBison
October 2nd, 2012, 09:19 AM
Your wrong but I'll stop over tomorrow and give u a hard time in person. McLeod the other kid was our batboy at NDSU (his dad is NDSU baseball coach Mitch McLeod) I wasn't trolling, it was sent to me, cya tomoroow, maybe I'll arm wrestle you and win again...NOT

MTfan4life
October 2nd, 2012, 01:28 PM
Your wrong but I'll stop over tomorrow and give u a hard time in person. McLeod the other kid was our batboy at NDSU (his dad is NDSU baseball coach Mitch McLeod) I wasn't trolling, it was sent to me, cya tomoroow, maybe I'll arm wrestle you and win again...NOT

Well whomever sent that to you clearly didn't understand the context either. The fact that you posted it on here was the trolling aspect, especially considering you understood the message wrong. The former NDSU batboy said 'I miss going to NDSU games.' Then the guy you quoted stated that he should have said 'I miss going to UND games.' Therefore making this whole topic moot and in the end you're just posting tweets from teens on AGS. Who cares if twitter is public or not, AGS is NOT TMZ. If you want to trudge up dirt from a kids social networking site, you're going to have to go to a middle school to find a supporting crowd.

SDFS
October 2nd, 2012, 08:47 PM

@JMollberg

Classic lakes... keep up the good work - so typical of the Precious fan base

clenz
October 2nd, 2012, 10:29 PM
Did you guys really think that lakes would be able to go more than a week or two without being his douchey self stalking 18 year olds on twitter again?

steelbison
October 2nd, 2012, 10:37 PM
Classic lakes... keep up the good work - so typical of the Precious fan base

Lakes is typical of the NDSU fan base. Really?? That's why he's banned on our own board. Get a clue. xsmhx

bojeta
October 2nd, 2012, 10:42 PM
I'm sorry... I must have dozed off. At what point was this Cal Poly vs UND thread hijacked to become yet another UND vs NDSU thread? Just curious....

ursus arctos horribilis
October 2nd, 2012, 10:45 PM
Lakes is typical of the NDSU fan base. Really?? That's why he's banned on our own board. Get a clue. xsmhx

Looks like he might be starting to work on it here again too. Good for him. He allows for easy decision making.

LakesBison
October 2nd, 2012, 11:31 PM
whoa i reported a tweet that was sent to me. sorry!

please wait to suspend me until after my court date.

/thread closed for me.

clenz
October 2nd, 2012, 11:36 PM
Looks like he might be starting to work on it here again too. Good for him. He allows for easy decision making.
Yet he's allowed on PantherNation...which is why I never, for a second, bought the "lakes is changed". He has 1000 posts on there, and literally none of them have ever been different.

At 40 years old, he won't change until he's dead.

LakesBison
October 2nd, 2012, 11:53 PM
nice seeing you at uni clenz.

clenz
October 3rd, 2012, 12:02 AM
I've never met you in my life, and I have no plan on meeting you. I can also promise you that you never laid eyes upon me.

Stay the **** away.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 3rd, 2012, 12:02 AM
Yet he's allowed on PantherNation...which is why I never, for a second, bought the "lakes is changed". He has 1000 posts on there, and literally none of them have ever been different.

At 40 years old, he won't change until he's dead.

I don't care what people buy and so forth. He either changes here or it's done. Simple yes or no decision on his part. He doesn't change that's fine and I'm cool with it. Do I believe he will stick with it for a while...nope...doesn't mean I won't extend the chance.

Don't think for a second clenz that I'm some gullible asshat because I'm willing to try it cuz it ain't costing me a penny to do so and I don't have to waste time on the issues any longer cuz he knows those days are over.

I don't care how he is or what he does on any board, I care how it goes here and will run it according to what is done here.

he didn't even do anything terrible in here, he just came into a thread that endangers his well being is what I was referring to anyway.

clenz
October 3rd, 2012, 12:04 AM
I don't care what people buy and so forth. He either changes here or it's done. Simple yes or no decision on his part. He doesn't change that's fine and I'm cool with it. Do I believe he will stick with it for a while...nope...doesn't mean I won't extend the chance.

Don't think for a second clenz that I'm some gullible asshat because I'm willing to try it cuz it ain't costing me a penny to do so and I don't have to waste time on the issues any longer cuz he knows those days are over.

I don't care how he is or what he does on any board, I care how it goes here and will run it according to what is done here.

he didn't even do anything terrible in here, he just came into a thread that endangers his well being is what I was referring to anyway.
I'm not saying you should care about anything else....I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop....xlolx

tick........tock....

BisonFan02
October 3rd, 2012, 12:08 AM

Agreed....love me some Bison fanbase generalization....pretty awesome, and it keeps me away from alot of FCS forums because of it.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 3rd, 2012, 01:13 AM
I'm not saying you should care about anything else....I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop....xlolx

tick........tock....

Ok, now I understand.xthumbsupx

darell1976
October 3rd, 2012, 08:09 AM
I'm sorry... I must have dozed off. At what point was this Cal Poly vs UND thread hijacked to become yet another UND vs NDSU thread? Just curious....

When the word UND was used in the thread. It was bound to happen sooner or later.

cpalum
October 3rd, 2012, 10:29 AM
When the word UND was used in the thread. It was bound to happen sooner or later.

Yep...this crap is tiresome. ......I appreciate that UND and NDSU have a lively rivalry but it gets pretty old. I'd like to see a thread pinned that says UND NDSU Bitch Thread. You guys can have at it there and stop polluting half the threads on the board.xcoffeex

Ginsbach
October 3rd, 2012, 12:17 PM

Says the person who created and keeps posting in the thread about the NDSU football players' voting issue.

It goes both way. A number of NDSU fans are obsessed with UND and a number of UND fans are obsessed with NDSU.

darell1976
October 3rd, 2012, 12:36 PM
Says the person who created and keeps posting in the thread about the NDSU football players' voting issue.

It goes both way. A number of NDSU fans are obsessed with UND and a number of UND fans are obsessed with NDSU.

And since you posted on this thread about UND...you must be one of them.

Ginsbach
October 3rd, 2012, 12:42 PM
And since you posted on this thread about UND...you must be one of them.

I did my undergrad at NDSU and am currently working on my masters at ISU. I'm a fan of both football teams and the conferences they belong to. As a fan of the Missouri Valley and the Big Sky conferences, the results of a Big Sky football game are of interest to me. Even more so, I was at NDSU when Cal Poly and NDSU were in the Great West together, so I'm especially interested to see how the Mustangs' first Big Sky season will shake out.

darell1976
October 3rd, 2012, 12:48 PM
I did my undergrad at NDSU and am currently working on my masters at ISU. I'm a fan of both football teams and the conferences they belong to. As a fan of the Missouri Valley and the Big Sky conferences, the results of a Big Sky football game are of interest to me. Even more so, I was at NDSU when Cal Poly and NDSU were in the Great West together, so I'm especially interested to see how the Mustangs' first Big Sky season will shake out.

I don't post on every NDSU thread nor do I constantly start threads about NDSU, however about 99% of the UND threads I start have a bunch of NDSU fans coming into it either to contribute (which is fine) or just to muck it up like this one. You are in the first part, so no offense to you.

No_Skill
October 3rd, 2012, 01:07 PM
I don't post on every NDSU thread nor do I constantly start threads about NDSU, however about 99% of the UND threads I start have a bunch of NDSU fans coming into it either to contribute (which is fine) or just to muck it up like this one. You are in the first part, so no offense to you.

http://i551.photobucket.com/albums/ii472/bernieBsc/animated%20gifs/spittake.gif

ursus arctos horribilis
October 3rd, 2012, 01:32 PM
The UND/NDSU stuff on every thread about either team is pretty f'n tiring. It's always the same dumb points and the same dumb arguments that have zero to do with what is going on in the thread previously.

I'm not talking about the threads that are specifically about UND/NDSU in some way though. I know what is in those and know that I don't care about it or care to read it so I normally don't unless I want to see some of that. I am talking about a thread like this that was about the Cal Poly vx. UND game. That is sort of what I expected to see here.

darell1976
October 3rd, 2012, 02:53 PM
http://i551.photobucket.com/albums/ii472/bernieBsc/animated%20gifs/spittake.gif

Before my NDSU thread about the players charged with voting fraud the last thread I started that had NDSU in the title was UND vs NDSU in 2013 started on March 29th. There are 57 UND or non-NDSU related threads between there. Sorry No_Skill constantly means all the time. Obviously you didn't know that. But I wonder out of those 57 non-NDSU threads are Bison fans mucking it up as usual.

darell1976
October 3rd, 2012, 02:55 PM
The UND/NDSU stuff on every thread about either team is pretty f'n tiring. It's always the same dumb points and the same dumb arguments that have zero to do with what is going on in the thread previously.

I'm not talking about the threads that are specifically about UND/NDSU in some way though. I know what is in those and know that I don't care about it or care to read it so I normally don't unless I want to see some of that. I am talking about a thread like this that was about the Cal Poly vx. UND game. That is sort of what I expected to see here.

Post #4 our nickname (or lack of) is made fun of by a Bison fan and in post #9 another Bison fan with his hatred towards UND, and it starts from there.

swaghook
October 3rd, 2012, 06:37 PM
Post #4 our nickname (or lack of) is made fun of by a Bison fanSorry the title of the thread caught my attention and I thought I would fill the thread starter in on one of UND's new "nicknames". All in jest just like the thread starter calling UND the "Fighting Nothings".

darell1976
October 5th, 2012, 08:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVfmnvd9fzY

Here was a great catch by WR Kenny Golladay...and he is only a Freshman.

UNDColorado
October 5th, 2012, 11:22 AM
That kid has serious skills! I am glad they played him right away.

F'N Hawks
October 5th, 2012, 11:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVfmnvd9fzY

Here was a great catch by WR Kenny Golladay...and he is only a Freshman.

We need to see some more of that. Pretty amazing we were able to get him out of Illinois with all those schools there. I am hearing there was an ACT score deal that other schools didn't wait around to verify and UND did.

WeAreNorthDakota
October 5th, 2012, 11:44 AM
We need to see some more of that. Pretty amazing we were able to get him out of Illinois with all those schools there. I am hearing there was an ACT score deal that other schools didn't wait around to verify and UND did.

Sounds similar to NDSU's situation with Crockett. I'm all for getting these guys if grades are the only holdup. With strong academic support systems these guys can pay huge dividends.

F'N Hawks
October 5th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Sounds similar to NDSU's situation with Crockett. I'm all for getting these guys if grades are the only holdup. With strong academic support systems these guys can pay huge dividends.

Not very similar, actually. I believe Crockett was a non-qualifier and had to take a few years of college credits to get qualified. Golladay was qualified credit-wise in high school, he just needed to get the ACT score up. He ended up getting it in January but by then most schools had moved on.