PDA

View Full Version : Sam Houston @ Texas Southern = YAWNER!!

katstrapper
September 27th, 2012, 11:45 PM
50-6 final score in favor of Kats in Houston tonight. Offense rolled up 558 yds, 300+ on the ground. Kat D only gave up 160yds of offense to TSU. Game was pretty boring after the second quarter.... xasswhipx

Time to get back to conference play next week.

TheRevSFA
September 28th, 2012, 12:15 AM
I left that game before halftime and went back to the bar

Mr. C
September 28th, 2012, 12:56 AM
Tried watching some of this, but the streaming video on the Southland site was pretty slow. Real mismatch of a game from what I did see.

Sammy94
September 28th, 2012, 08:06 AM
http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/15/32/51/3517020/0/960x595.jpg

Wonder how this guy is feeling this morning?

Gringer1
September 28th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Something looks wrong with that football. It looks too smooth.

TheRevSFA
September 28th, 2012, 08:19 AM

Wanted to share my photo from my seats last night. Dozens of people braved the beautiful weather to watch this game

kdinva
September 28th, 2012, 08:57 AM
posted attendance was 4,400............didn't look like much more @ NC A&T, and they listed 14K in Greensboro........plus NC A&T's inability to convert PAT's didn't help their cause, either.

3rd Coast Tiger
September 28th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Conrgats on the win last night Bearkats. You were truly the better prepared team. I knew we'd be in trouble while watching the UCA game last weekend.

We're going thru some growing pains with our first year coaching staff and our "Quarterback by Committee" of 3rd, 4th and 5th string players. Our starter is out for the remainder of the season as a result of an achilles injury and his backup's knee (ACL) just isn't ready for that much contact coming off surgery late last season. Those two really moved our offense.

Again, good luck and kick *** the rest of your season.

kingkat99
September 28th, 2012, 09:36 AM
I left that game before halftime and went back to the bar

Yeah and then you left the bar after one beer. Good times though beforehand bro. See you next week.

TheRevSFA
September 28th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Yeah and then you left the bar after one beer. Good times though beforehand bro. See you next week.

Yeah, I slowed it down for the drive home. I know you had to go further.

TheRevSFA
September 28th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Conrgats on the win last night Bearkats. You were truly the better prepared team. I knew we'd be in trouble while watching the UCA game last weekend.

We're going thru some growing pains with our first year coaching staff and our "Quarterback by Committee" of 3rd, 4th and 5th string players. Our starter is out for the remainder of the season as a result of an achilles injury and his backup's knee (ACL) just isn't ready for that much contact coming off surgery late last season. Those two really moved our offense.

Again, good luck and kick *** the rest of your season.

I honestly hope you guys get to where you were in 2010 and fill the stadium. This is a great opportunity for TSU and I hope it's not squandered.

Panther88
September 28th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Congrats on going to their place and putting on a nice clinic of what superior coaching + superior talent/play calling will yield. My mom and tons of other relatives are alums of SHSU so I was rooting for SHSU to kick sTu squarely where it sits. Also, I have a cousin who's been a starter for SHSU since he was a true frosh so I was really pulling for him to get 2+ INTs last night, as I would whenver SHSU plays. :) My mom called the game "boring," for what it was worth. sTu presented nothing short of pure football practice for SHSU. Total disparity for competition and it showed in the outcome (score).

*waving @ C-LeB* - Are you going to have me kicked off this site as well for saying how dismal SWAC football is too, since you all decided to isolate the other site from those who are vocal about how terrible SWAC football is (from coaching on down to the student-athletes themselves)?

katstrapper
September 28th, 2012, 01:00 PM
For those that were at game, did you notice how freaking hot it was in that stadium? They should have pointed the open ends to the north and south so a breeze can get in that place. It was definitely not comfortable. However, I will say that BBVA Compass Stadium (aka, Dynamo Stadium) is a top notch facility. Great place to watch a football game. Not a bad seat in the place.

Also its been reported there was 4400 at the game. I would have to say that 3500 of those were Kat fans. Nice turnout for the visitiing team for a less than exciting game.

3rd Coast Tiger
September 28th, 2012, 02:14 PM
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/thumb/get?bid=ZgKsW8nNIlRfvQ&bn=CC&fbid=7wIR63%2bClmj%2b0A&fbn=CC
It's more than just cologne

3rd Coast Tiger
September 28th, 2012, 02:24 PM
*waving @ C-LeB* - Are you going to have me kicked off this site as well for saying how dismal SWAC football is too, since you all decided to isolate the other site from those who are vocal about how terrible SWAC football is (from coaching on down to the student-athletes themselves)?

Hey Uncle Ruckus, from what I was told, you were not suspended from that forum for your opinion on SWAC football, it was because you were calling people on a "game day thread" ghetto, dumb as well as racist comments. On each and every game day thread the owner of the board and the Administrator clearly states:

Note to posters: Its OK to show support for your team, but please leave out the smack!

The smack policy will be HEAVILY enforced. Ignoring it WILL result in an immediate ban from the sports board WITHOUT notice.

I was critical of my alma mater's performance last night and questioned our head coach on player selection as well and gave praises to Sam Houston on it's program but I didn't get banned. I even praised SHSU on this board.

I wonder what the difference between my comments and yours? xconfusedx

Maybe it was when you were calling posters on the thread "COON-LIKE" and you said you promised your mother you wouldn't call anyone a "MONKEY" tonight. Maybe that's what got you banned.

Panther88
September 28th, 2012, 04:14 PM
If the chain fits, wear it proudly lol. I yank, you bark xlolx.

TheRevSFA
September 28th, 2012, 05:09 PM
For those that were at game, did you notice how freaking hot it was in that stadium? They should have pointed the open ends to the north and south so a breeze can get in that place. It was definitely not comfortable. However, I will say that BBVA Compass Stadium (aka, Dynamo Stadium) is a top notch facility. Great place to watch a football game. Not a bad seat in the place.

Also its been reported there was 4400 at the game. I would have to say that 3500 of those were Kat fans. Nice turnout for the visitiing team for a less than exciting game.

Imagine how hot it is in the summer