PDA

View Full Version : JSU's stadium expansion study received by BOT

Cocky
July 27th, 2006, 08:52 PM
Also mentions the possible game in the Georgia Dome.

http://www.jaxnews.com/news/2006/jn-localnews-0726-jalred-6g26k1157.htm

chattanoogamocs
July 28th, 2006, 12:10 AM
Wow, sounds like a great study/report. An ambitious vision for the future.

The goals for the next 5 years are very interesting...you never know if they will all be obtainable...but by gawd, I have to respectI like the "this is exactly what we want to do and whe'll put it in writing" kinda attitude. :thumbsup:

...and no doubt, when work begins, it will cause other OVC schools to step up too (which is the kind of thing that pro-OVC UC fans want to hear) :)

Maroons
July 28th, 2006, 07:59 AM
I like the sound of it. I wish we were talking about overhauling Roy Kidd Stadium.

I'm curious about the goal of a home and home series with UAB and Troy. Is it even feasible? Will those schools come to JSU? It seems unlikely to me, but here in KY there aren't really any intermediate schools like that. It's UK and UofL in the BCS conferences and then the rest are I-AA and on down. So what are the chances?

Cocky
July 28th, 2006, 08:05 AM
I like the sound of it. I wish we were talking about overhauling Roy Kidd Stadium.

I'm curious about the goal of a home and home series with UAB and Troy. Is it even feasible? Will those schools come to JSU? It seems unlikely to me, but here in KY there aren't really any intermediate schools like that. It's UK and UofL in the BCS conferences and then the rest are I-AA and on down. So what are the chances?

Troy has offered a home and home already, but JSU turned it down. Adminstration claimed we have better opportunities to make more money and more exposure.

The goals mention playing Ga Southern and a home game in the Ga Dome. Coach Crowe in an interview talked of playing GSU next year. This could be the game played two years in the Ga Dome. Both school look to Atlanta for students and athletes plus a big payoff (for a I-AA game) might get it done.

Cocky
July 28th, 2006, 08:35 AM
People are also speculating we will be going I-A in the next 5 to 10 years. This may also get us the home and homes with UAB.

bigbluetiger
July 28th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Great planning. I hope it works out.

Maroons
July 28th, 2006, 11:55 AM
People are also speculating we will be going I-A in the next 5 to 10 years. This may also get us the home and homes with UAB.
Really... I'm rather surprised by this comment. Have Troy and UAB found it to be a bed of roses?

MplsBison
July 28th, 2006, 12:07 PM
You can make that argument for Troy, sure. But for UAB?

Get real.

UAB could be in the next round of Big East expansion after the league splits into football and bball schools.

They're pretty big time in both football and basketball.

Cocky
July 28th, 2006, 04:33 PM
You can make that argument for Troy, sure. But for UAB?

Get real.

UAB could be in the next round of Big East expansion after the league splits into football and bball schools.

They're pretty big time in both football and basketball.

We offer them one of their largest home crowds. UAB is lacking in attendance and has pressure from adminstration to raise the level. They currently play Troy home and home so playing us would not be a stretch.

ekufbfan
July 28th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Maybe this is what we need to jump start modernization/expansion of Roy Kidd Stadium. I understand that Alumni Coliseum is on the list for an upgrade, which it certainly needs.

GO EASTERN! Whip western!

Cocky
July 29th, 2006, 01:08 AM
Maybe this is what we need to jump start modernization/expansion of Roy Kidd Stadium. I understand that Alumni Coliseum is on the list for an upgrade, which it certainly needs.

GO EASTERN! Whip western!

It also helps if the head coach's wife is leading the feasibility study.