PDA

View Full Version : Albany Punter "On the market" for 2013 (Grad Transfer)

danefan
September 26th, 2012, 04:26 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/bruce-feldman/20377750/top-punter-on-market-looking-to-make-move-up-to-major-college-football-in-2013

A grad student transferring to a big-time program is hardly rare these days, but meet Paul Layton, an all-conference punter at the FCS level who is hoping to make the jump up to an FBS program for the 2013 season. What's even more fascinating about the Albany punter's story is that he has already asked for -- and been granted -- his release by the Great Dane staff. In fact, the Albany staff is making calls to try and help its star punter find his new college home for next season.

Thought this was interesting, but Coach Ford's quote says it better than I could.

"Obviously, you're disappointed -- I mean the guy is one of the best kickers in the country -- but at the same time, I've been in this long enough to say, 'You need to do what's right for the kids,'" Ford told CBSSports.com on Wednesday morning.

"We constantly talk about family here. We call ourselves 'The Purple Family,' and if you truly believe that stuff, you have to do what's right for them."

DetroitFlyer
September 27th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Coach Ford will be in the Hall of Fame.