PDA

View Full Version : GAME OF THE WEEK - WEEK 6 (OCT 6)

TheRevSFA
September 26th, 2012, 01:33 PM
It's time for the poll.

Poll open til Sunday. Winner gets a video made by Emory Hunt, the Czar of the Playbook, the CEO from Football Gameplan, the Yin to Citdog's Yang, the Apple of Ursus' eye....you get the idea

Choice:
NDSU at Youngstown State
SFA at Sam (I wonder which one I'm voting for)
Towson at James Madison

Good luck

ursus arctos horribilis
September 26th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Youngstown is actually at NDSU again this year.

penguinpower
September 26th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Yes, Youngstown State got screwed becuase of the additon of South Dakota in the MVFC. It is total bull***** that YSU has to play at the Fargo Dome 2 years in a row. Hopefully they can expect the same result.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 26th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Yes, Youngstown State got screwed becuase of the additon of South Dakota in the MVFC. It is total bull***** that YSU has to play at the Fargo Dome 2 years in a row. Hopefully they can expect the same result.

That is BS! I had no idea the 'Guins had to head back to Fargo again this year. I was at last years game, YSU played awesome!

Professor Chaos
September 26th, 2012, 02:25 PM
You guys are 2-0 at the Fargodome and 1-1 at home against NDSU. It might be a good thing for the flightless birds xthumbsupx

TheRevSFA
September 26th, 2012, 02:32 PM
I just went off what was nominated. My mistake. You guys know what teams are playing who.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 26th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Jesus man, it isn't bs, it has to be done in any conference to make the schedule work when a new team is added.

How else would they make the conference schedule work out?

ursus arctos horribilis
September 26th, 2012, 02:37 PM
I just went off what was nominated. My mistake. You guys know what teams are playing who.

I figured it was that and didn't get to see much of the nomination thread so figured I'd correct it here for whoever was under the impression that this game was at the Icehole.

TheRevSFA
September 26th, 2012, 02:40 PM
I figured it was that and didn't get to see much of the nomination thread so figured I'd correct it here for whoever was under the impression that this game was at the Icehole.

No worries..they are going to crush the SFA vs Sam game...

HandoEX
September 26th, 2012, 02:40 PM
The bad part is YSU not only has to travel to Fargo two years in a row, they also don't get to play bottom feeder Mo State. Tough breaks.

penguinpower
September 26th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Jesus man, it isn't bs, it has to be done in any conference to make the schedule work when a new team is added.

How else would they make the conference schedule work out?

I was just syaing that why could't NDSU have to come to Youngstown instead of Youngstown to NDSU for 2 straight years?

ursus arctos horribilis
September 26th, 2012, 03:04 PM
I was just syaing that why could't NDSU have to come to Youngstown instead of Youngstown to NDSU for 2 straight years?

Well, I haven't tried to schedule the MVFC but I am sure there was debate, discussions with the schools, etc. that went into this process to come up with the best solution to fit the new school in so I know Montana had to go back to EWU two years in a row when UNC was added and we would have rather had EWU here but it wasn't anything I gave too much thought to as I was pretty sure the best resolution to the problems I didn't even know about had been reached.

I would bet it had a whole lot to do with your OOC schedule and how YSU actually wanted to procede taking in all of the factors.

Are there any conference teams that you had there last year that will be back this year?

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 26th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Hamburgers @ Ice Birds is the obvious choice, but wasn't Samford @ GSU nominated as well?

TheRevSFA
September 26th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Yes, but not enough seconds. The 3 highest seconds total gets it.

penguinpower
September 26th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Well, I haven't tried to schedule the MVFC but I am sure there was debate, discussions with the schools, etc. that went into this process to come up with the best solution to fit the new school in so I know Montana had to go back to EWU two years in a row when UNC was added and we would have rather had EWU here but it wasn't anything I gave too much thought to as I was pretty sure the best resolution to the problems I didn't even know about had been reached.

I would bet it had a whole lot to do with your OOC schedule and how YSU actually wanted to procede taking in all of the factors.

Are there any conference teams that you had there last year that will be back this year?

No, no conference teams back this year.

Last year we had conference home games with: ILLINOIS STATE, SOUTH DAKOTA STATE, WESTERN ILLINOIS, MISSOURI STATE.
This year we have conference home games with: UNI, SIU, SOUTH DAKOTA (NOT SOUTH DAKOTA STATE), INDIANA STATE.

McNeese72
September 26th, 2012, 03:53 PM
I think McNeese vs Bye U. would be a good match. We will probably both have the same number of healthy players by then. ;)

Doc

Disclaimer: The above is not meant to be a serious post.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 26th, 2012, 03:58 PM
No, no conference teams back this year.

Last year we had conference home games with: ILLINOIS STATE, SOUTH DAKOTA STATE, WESTERN ILLINOIS, MISSOURI STATE.
This year we have conference home games with: UNI, SIU, SOUTH DAKOTA (NOT SOUTH DAKOTA STATE), INDIANA STATE.

Got it, I suspect it only affects a couple of teams and back when it happened to us I think it only affected 2 or 4 teams but I can't remember for sure.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 26th, 2012, 03:59 PM

Believe me, I'd love for them to be in Y-town this year.

BEAR
September 26th, 2012, 05:36 PM
I think McNeese vs Bye U. would be a good match. We will probably both have the same number of healthy players by then. ;)

Doc

Disclaimer: The above is not meant to be a serious post.

McNeese vs Bayou? I thought the Cowboys were in the Bayou! xlolx

GoGuinsGo
September 26th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Believe me, I'd love for them to be in Y-town this year.

For what reason? It would be freezing and NDSU plays in a dome... and YSU actually would have a home field advantage because 20k would show up for that game. The UNI game was up there with the one of the loudest games ive been to in the last 10 years.

Now if you mean for geographical reasons than I apologize ;)