PDA

View Full Version : OVC Week 5 Picks

eiu1999
September 26th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Saturday, September 29
*#19 Eastern Kentucky at UT Martin, 11:00 a.m. (FOX College Sports)
*Austin Peay at Eastern Illinois, 1:30 p.m. (OVC Digital Network)
*Southeast Missouri at Jacksonville State, 3:00 p.m. (OVC Digital Network)
Arkansas-Pine Bluff at Tennessee State, 5:00 p.m. (OVC Digital Network)
*Tennessee Tech at Murray State, 6:00 p.m. (OVC Digital Network)

mamberso
September 26th, 2012, 04:08 PM
EKU 38-35
EIU 63-37
JSU 30-27
TSU 27-17
Murray 45-44 (ot)

TTUEagles
September 26th, 2012, 05:23 PM
#19 Eastern Kentucky at UT Martin
*Austin Peay at Eastern Illinois
*Southeast Missouri at Jacksonville State
Arkansas-Pine Bluff at Tennessee State
*Tennessee Tech at Murray State - by several points...:(

ColonelsSportsBlog
September 27th, 2012, 05:35 PM
EKU
EIU
SEMO
TSU
TTU

TTUEagles
September 27th, 2012, 10:44 PM
It's been a bloodbath in Cookeville...like 8-9 starters will be out against Murray; 3-8/4-7 this year - I am afraid

ColonelsSportsBlog
September 27th, 2012, 11:07 PM
It's been a bloodbath in Cookeville...like 8-9 starters will be out against Murray; 3-8/4-7 this year - I am afraid

I was unaware of this info. Thanks. In that case I change my TTU pick to MSU

ekufbfan
September 29th, 2012, 09:55 PM
TTUEagles: WOW! WHAT happened to TTU at the mules place?

TTUEagles
September 29th, 2012, 10:14 PM
TTU with a suspect "D" going into this season, especially in the secondary. Plus, several "D" players out for this game. Surprised that our top 2 RB's came back for this game. Murray and Brockman are good - but not THAT good. Beat our *$$ tonight!
Murray St. with ZERO penalties called on them (TTU with 9) and last week, SEMO with only 1 penalty called on them. It's going to be a loooong year - if not for APSU, it'd be a first-to-worst kind of year.

msupigskin
September 30th, 2012, 05:51 PM
The Racers WERE that good last night. Murray called off the dogs in the second half, only throwing about 10 times, or they would have set the new OVC scoring record easily vs. TTU. Jamaal Berry (Ohio St transfer) is starting to catch his groove at RB and makes a great tandem with Duane Brady. MSU played again with a patched up OL and 2-3 starters out on def. But, the bottom line is Racers were embarrased about blowing the game the week before vs. EIU. That might be the wakeup call they needed and a more balanced pass-run game could be very dangerous. Lots of good OVC matchups still ahead. Another footnote, Rodgers for TTU passes the "eye test" but fails the "attitude test" based on his actions/reactions last night. And hey - Go Racers!

TTUEagles
September 30th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Hey, NO disrespect intended to MSU I sincerely apologize if anyone took it that way, I'm just thoroughly disappointed in 2012 already.... The Racers were damn good Saturday night...I mean, can any team be more "on?"...I realize TTU had a bunch out with injuries, but no excuse from me. Before the season started, I had this game penciled in as an "L" due to my overwhelming respect for Brockman and TTU's tendency to not handle good QB's well.
It's quite embarrassing to give up 70 in a conference game no matter who's on the field, out with injuries, penalties calle, etc.
I hate this cliche: but "hat's off" to Murray St. - good luck the rest of the way

msupigskin
October 1st, 2012, 10:23 AM
No disrespect taken but thanks. The Racers hope that TTU gets healthy quickly and starts playing up to capability - starting this weekend. Good luck the rest of the season.