PDA

View Full Version : #7 EWU vs. #21 UM

Screamin_Eagle174
September 25th, 2012, 06:45 PM
http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/31628074929178706416.png VS. http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/89188386510671984997.png
#7 Eastern Eagles 2-1 (1-0 BSC) vs. #21 Montana Grizzlies 2-2 (0-1 BSC)

Saturday, Sept. 29, 2012 • 4:15 p.m. Pacific
Roos Field (11,000) • Cheney, Wash.

TV: ROOT Sports
Radio: http://spokaneradio.com/player/kxlxam.html
Webcast: firstrowsports?

Meeting for the 11th time in 17 years with both teams nationally-ranked, the No. 7 Eagles host the 21st-ranked Montana Grizzlies Saturday (Sept. 29) in a game televised live regionally on Root Sports. Kickoff at Roos Field in Cheney, Wash., is 4:15 p.m. Pacific time in EWU’s latest home start since 1981.

The Eagles, ranked seventh in this week’s Sports Network NCAA Football Championship Subdivision Top 25 poll, are 2-1 overall and 1-0 in the Big Sky Conference after last week’s 32-26 escape at Weber State. Eastern scored seven times on offense, but needed a fumble recovery after a sack with 34 seconds to play to preserve the victory.

“More than anything, we are going to keep working on our details and the things we need to improve as a team,” said Eastern head coach Beau Baldwin after the narrow win over the winless Wildcats. “We are going to learn from this game very quickly, then we have to move on. The Montana game is a pretty big one for us.”

The Grizzlies, meanwhile, suffered a rare home loss and fell to Northern Arizona 41-31. The Lumberjacks scored 34 unanswered points to drop the Grizzlies to 2-2 overall and 0-1 in the Big Sky Conference. As a result, the Grizzlies fell from 14th to 21st in the Sports Network poll, while NAU jumped into the rankings at 22nd.

http://goeags.com/sports/m-footbl/2012-13/Releases/12fbSep24Montana

More articles, interviews, and notes:

Spokesman-Review articles (Jim Allen)
Eastern’s QB starter for Saturday remains unknown (http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2012/sep/26/easterns-qb-starter-for-saturday-remains-unknown/)
Eastern considers new scoreboard a perfect fit (http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2012/sep/26/eastern-considers-new-scoreboard-a-perfect-fit/)
EWU prepares for talented Montana QB (http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2012/sep/26/ewu-prepares-talented-montana-qb/)
Eastern, Montana both know game’s importance (http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2012/sep/28/eastern-montana-both-know-games-importance/)
Captain Post shows his steady nature for Eagles (http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2012/sep/28/captain-post-shows-his-steady-nature-for-eagles/)

700ESPN
AUDIO: Interview with Beau Baldwin (http://700espn.wordpress.com/2012/09/26/dont-worry-about-whos-not-there-get-excited-for-who-is/)

Missoulian articles (Fritz Neighbor)
Familiar timing for Griz, EWU (http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/football/familiar-timing-for-griz-ewu/article_adf05c4a-079d-11e2-aabb-001a4bcf887a.html)
Eastern Washington set to soar again (http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/football/eastern-washington-set-to-soar-again/article_84c88a7a-0867-11e2-8d4f-0019bb2963f4.html)
Adams no shock to UM’s Haynes (http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/football/adams-no-shock-to-um-s-haynes/article_153290cc-08ec-11e2-85cf-0019bb2963f4.html)

SWX
EWU vs. UM: Games Don't Get Much Bigger Than This (http://www.swxrightnow.com/story/19656831/ewu-vs-um-games-dont-get-much-bigger-than-this)

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 25th, 2012, 06:59 PM
This should be an interesting game since Montana's backs are completely up against the wall.

What type of homefield advantage will EWU have for this game? I have to believe they'll be a lot of Griz fans in Cheyney.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 25th, 2012, 10:18 PM
This should be an interesting game since Montana's backs are completely up against the wall.

What type of homefield advantage will EWU have for this game? I have to believe they'll be a lot of Griz fans in Cheyney.

Cheney. There always are, but EWU has done a good job the last couple years of getting EWU butts in the seats, and winning has only helped that. The red turf is an advantage I guess, although we won't be in all red unis like we were for that first game 2 years ago. This time, all black, including new matte black helmets (like the mockup I posted). Last time it was about 65/35 EWU fans, so hopefully we have at least that number, hopefully more. EWU really won't have much of a homefield advantage other than the red turf until we complete the Gateway Project which will build an athletics/multipurpose building/grandstand on the current visitors side, with an overhang roof similar to UW's, which would bounce the sound right onto the field and off the opposing wall of earth, stands, and pressbox. Well that, and our fans learning how to make some goddamn noise while the other team is on offense.

http://media.spokesman.com/photos/2012/04/07/ewu_stadium_t620.jpg?161ad8e426d1312361ed5892fdc12 1cdf327258d

Cleets
September 26th, 2012, 01:47 AM
I will not watch a game on that abomination...
Can't do it
Won't do it

Squealofthepig
September 26th, 2012, 01:59 AM
In Montana terms, Cheney is right next door to Missoula, and Griz nation will travel well. I'll take the Eagles by 20, though, and I'll take the over if Vegas has the Griz at just four turnovers.

Walkon79
September 26th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Cheney. There always are, but EWU has done a good job the last couple years of getting EWU butts in the seats, and winning has only helped that. The red turf is an advantage I guess, although we won't be in all red unis like we were for that first game 2 years ago. This time, all black, including new matte black helmets (like the mockup I posted). Last time it was about 65/35 EWU fans, so hopefully we have at least that number, hopefully more. EWU really won't have much of a homefield advantage other than the red turf until we complete the Gateway Project which will build an athletics/multipurpose building/grandstand on the current visitors side, with an overhang roof similar to UW's, which would bounce the sound right onto the field and off the opposing wall of earth, stands, and pressbox. Well that, and our fans learning how to make some goddamn noise while the other team is on offense.

http://media.spokesman.com/photos/2012/04/07/ewu_stadium_t620.jpg?161ad8e426d1312361ed5892fdc12 1cdf327258d

The stadium rendition is really cool! What is the expected capacity, and when will this project get off the ground? It's been years since I was at a game there, but this would bring me back. (That and the close proximity to Northern Quest) :)

Grizalltheway
September 26th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Going to take a strong pass rush and minimal turnovers for us to win this one, methinks. Some sustained drives to keep Eastern's offense off the filed wouldn't hurt, either. Should be fun either way.

LakesBison
September 26th, 2012, 09:10 PM
all those renovations for 4500 people at a playoff game? what a waste of money

ursus arctos horribilis
September 26th, 2012, 10:14 PM
all those renovations for 4500 people at a playoff game? what a waste of money

Lakes, you're testing my patience again. Please keep in mind that you can add something constructive as opposed to trying to bait people. It will be good for you, trust me. You really can't afford to be baiting people and starting pissing matches.

Quite often the submit button is your enemy. Do not trust it.xthumbsupx

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 26th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Lakes, you're testing my patience again. Please keep in mind that you can add something constructive as opposed to trying to bait people. It will be good for you, trust me. You really can't afford to be baiting people and starting pissing matches.

Quite often the submit button is your enemy. Do not trust it.xthumbsupx

I agree Ursus, WTF is he talking about?

Its more like 3700 fans...........................................

LakesBison
September 26th, 2012, 10:32 PM
no baiting, i was at cheney for a playoff quarterfinal game, I witnessed it with my own eyes, it was a serious question and itd be a waste of money.

but alas, add it to my list of things i cant do. and yes, i will always count to 3 before i click that submit button. thats good advice, honestly.

Grizcountry420
September 27th, 2012, 09:36 AM
no baiting, i was at cheney for a playoff quarterfinal game, I witnessed it with my own eyes, it was a serious question and itd be a waste of money.

but alas, add it to my list of things i cant do. and yes, i will always count to 3 before i click that submit button. thats good advice, honestly.

They're one of the premiere JUCO schools in Washington....xcoffeex

Screamin_Eagle174
September 27th, 2012, 01:34 PM
The stadium rendition is really cool! What is the expected capacity, and when will this project get off the ground? It's been years since I was at a game there, but this would bring me back. (That and the close proximity to Northern Quest) :)

The first phase (eastside building/grandstand) would bring capacity to over 16k. A later phase would provide endzone seating that wraps around connecting both sides, bring capacity to over 20k. As for when it gets off the ground, that remains to be seen. It's currently in the fund raising and feasibility stage. But from everything I've heard from those in and around the program, there are some big donors already on board and it looks like it will happen. Completion date I think was set for the start of the 2014 season.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 27th, 2012, 01:39 PM

I agree man, it was a complete shame only about 4k got to witness the bi-son pissing down their legs. Thankfully the majority of our games don't occur when students are on winter break and there's a foot of snow on the ground. Maybe we should get a dome built over the top so we can fill up the stands with a bunch of women like UNDS?

THE HERD
September 27th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Whats your average attendance? Probably around 7000 give or take a few would be my guess.

TheRevSFA
September 27th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Congrats EWU, both on your ranking, and the fact that you play on the secong ugliest field in football (after UCA)

TheRevSFA
September 27th, 2012, 02:48 PM

You should probably count to 100 in spanish. It might help.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 27th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Whats your average attendance? Probably around 7000 give or take a few would be my guess.

They barely ever get 7k..........I guess they are adding seats so they can still have that half empty feeling after every home game.........................

Screamin_Eagle174
September 27th, 2012, 03:42 PM

It was 8900 last year... without the Griz in Cheney. Our capacity is 8600.

THE HERD
September 27th, 2012, 04:12 PM
It was 8900 last year... without the Griz in Cheney. Our capacity is 8600.

So your telling me you guys were standing room only for every home game last year, since your average is more than your capacity?
I guess if thats true, I would say thats pretty good considering what a crappy year ya had last year! Definitely want to expand if thats the case.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 27th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Yes, hes lying................hes a troll.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 27th, 2012, 05:48 PM
So your telling me you guys were standing room only for every home game last year, since your average is more than your capacity?
I guess if thats true, I would say thats pretty good considering what a crappy year ya had last year! Definitely want to expand if thats the case.

I've been saying for a long time on the boards that EWU is a sleeping giant that oculd easily step into the top rungs of this division in all areas if they have some success.

Decent location to get to, some pretty decent people centers close by, and although the stadium needs to improve the location of the stadium is in a fairly unique looking area for an FCS team. If they continue momentum this will be a cool place to go watch a game.

SeattleGriz
September 27th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Griz 31
EWU 16

I said 31-17 on CS, but have decided to deduct one point from EWU because I just don't like their fans attitude.:D

Squealofthepig
September 28th, 2012, 01:21 AM

EWU has a fine tradition of attendance:
2011: 8,899
2010: 6,473
2009: 5,366
2008: 6,719

For comparison, that fine football tradition would take NDSU like two years to surpass what EWU can do in just four:
NDSU 2011: 18,143
NDSU 2010: 15,944

kalm
September 28th, 2012, 06:28 AM
EWU has a fine tradition of attendance:
2011: 8,899
2010: 6,473
2009: 5,366
2008: 6,719

For comparison, that fine football tradition would take NDSU like two years to surpass what EWU can do in just four:
NDSU 2011: 18,143
NDSU 2010: 15,944

Yeah, but they're still NDSU fans, full of remorse over a loss two years ago that their chipper should have erased from the old memory bank. Sad, really.

I Love the hate and lack of football talk on this thread.

Cleets: it's even more beautiful in person. Shame on you for not coming over. If you change your mind I might be able to find a ticket.

The game: I think Montana's D plays much better. They have the ability to pressure the quarterback which has given Padron some fits and why I wouldn't be surprised to see Adams again get some playing time. I also see Montana calling the game conservatively on both sides of the ball, forcing a slugfest, and taking their chances with a field position/turnover margin game.

I really like our defense as well this season so I predict a low scoring affair. Of course I've never been wrong before, so it will probably end up being a shootout with a score in the mid to upper 70's.

Oh, and I promise to kick SE174 in the nuts for everyone.

You are welcome.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 28th, 2012, 09:00 AM
This is why kalm is the only EWU fan worth a damn. Put a little extra on the screaming beagle nut kick for me.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

kalm
September 28th, 2012, 10:10 AM
This is why kalm is the only EWU fan worth a damn. Put a little extra on the screaming beagle nut kick for me.

You makin' it over this weekend AG?

Grizcountry420
September 28th, 2012, 11:31 AM

+1

TheRevSFA
September 28th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Yeah, but they're still NDSU fans, full of remorse over a loss two years ago that their chipper should have erased from the old memory bank. Sad, really.

I Love the hate and lack of football talk on this thread.

Cleets: it's even more beautiful in person. Shame on you for not coming over. If you change your mind I might be able to find a ticket.

The game: I think Montana's D plays much better. They have the ability to pressure the quarterback which has given Padron some fits and why I wouldn't be surprised to see Adams again get some playing time. I also see Montana calling the game conservatively on both sides of the ball, forcing a slugfest, and taking their chances with a field position/turnover margin game.

I really like our defense as well this season so I predict a low scoring affair. Of course I've never been wrong before, so it will probably end up being a shootout with a score in the mid to upper 70's.

You are welcome.

Is it really that more beautiful in person? It looks like hell in photos.

deez_na
September 28th, 2012, 12:08 PM
That loss a couple years ago was brutal considering the refs gave you the game but that's ok, we have our title and would love to have you come to the dome in the playoffs. I would give anything to see that beating.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 28th, 2012, 12:18 PM
You makin' it over this weekend AG?

No man I wish I could....too busy with work. May not make any other games this year.....it sucks.

Have fun and drink lots of water.........

Uncle Rico's Clan
September 28th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Is it really that more beautiful in person? It looks like hell in photos.

In all honesty, it actually is much better in person. When you are watching the game live the field isn't as hard on the eyes. Watching it on TV is horrible.

TheRevSFA
September 28th, 2012, 12:50 PM
In all honesty, it actually is much better in person. When you are watching the game live the field isn't as hard on the eyes. Watching it on TV is horrible.

Next time I make up to the Palouse I need to go give it a look.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 28th, 2012, 05:52 PM
People just don't see how pathetic is to blame a loss on the refs I guess because it just keeps going on. Bad calls happen to everyone and I didn't see one call that the Bison fans stick to as "bad calls" as definitively one way or the other.

And I actually like the Bison a whole lot.

Anyway, good to see ya post kalm.xthumbsupx

Screamin_Eagle174
September 28th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Yes, hes lying................hes a troll.

The only troll here is, you, and not even a very good one at that. You constantly make ***** up to provoke argument because you're starved for attention, and bitter that the Griz are sucking more d*ck than you do. You claim EWU fans are nothing but excuse makers, but in reality it's you making the excuses. "Griz aren't going to do well because JJ isn't our QB anymore."

http://goeags.com/sports/m-footbl/2011-12/Statistics/teamcume.htm

- - - - - - - Home Away
ATTENDANCE - 35594 - 120923
Games/Avg Per Game 4/8898 - 7/17275

What's your excuse for when the Griz lose tomorrow? Fumbles? No JJ? The "curse" from the token you allegedly buried under the field wear off?

xrolleyesx

Screamin_Eagle174
September 28th, 2012, 08:06 PM
That loss a couple years ago was brutal considering the refs gave you the game but that's ok, we have our title and would love to have you come to the dome in the playoffs. I would give anything to see that beating.

Actually, it was UNDS' secondary that gave us that game. Held us to 38 yards passing the entire game until the final drive of regulation and first play of OT. Way to piss down your legs, choke artists. xthumbsupx

Screamin_Eagle174
September 28th, 2012, 08:07 PM

You are welcome.

http://www.intomobile.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/god-haters-gonna-hate-eagle.jpg

Screamin_Eagle174
September 28th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Updated the OP with more info.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 28th, 2012, 09:48 PM
The only troll here is, you, and not even a very good one at that. You constantly make ***** up to provoke argument because you're starved for attention, and bitter that the Griz are sucking more d*ck than you do. You claim EWU fans are nothing but excuse makers, but in reality it's you making the excuses. "Griz aren't going to do well because JJ isn't our QB anymore."

http://goeags.com/sports/m-footbl/2011-12/Statistics/teamcume.htm

What's your excuse for when the Griz lose tomorrow? Fumbles? No JJ? The "curse" from the token you allegedly buried under the field wear off?

xrolleyesx

Wait a minute...it's an excuse now even though it is exactly the same thing you've been saying, hell, pretty much everybody has been saying since it happened?

Anyway, does anyone know the channel for Roots on DTV?

CopperCat
September 28th, 2012, 09:53 PM
I have definitely had my head in the sand, I had no idea there was a game of QB musical chairs going on over in Cheney! Are Adams and Padron cut from the same mold or does one roll out of the pocket more than the other? UM seems to play pretty darn good pursuit defense every year so it shouldn't be too much of a factor but you still don't know exactly how to prepare if the starter is in doubt.

Grizo406
September 28th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Wait a minute...it's an excuse now even though it is exactly the same thing you've been saying, hell, pretty much everybody has been saying since it happened?

I'd try 406...xtwocentsx

ursus arctos horribilis
September 28th, 2012, 10:06 PM
I'd try 406...xtwocentsx

As expected that is a blank channel void of content and entertainment of any sort.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 28th, 2012, 10:24 PM
I have definitely had my head in the sand, I had no idea there was a game of QB musical chairs going on over in Cheney! Are Adams and Padron cut from the same mold or does one roll out of the pocket more than the other? UM seems to play pretty darn good pursuit defense every year so it shouldn't be too much of a factor but you still don't know exactly how to prepare if the starter is in doubt.

Padron is just bad. He has size and a decent arm but thats it.
Adams evidently has some talent dont know much about him other than he is going to turn the ball over a lot on Saturday, you can take that to the bank.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 28th, 2012, 10:24 PM
As expected that is a blank channel void of content and entertainment of any sort.

Nice Gnome BTW.....................

Grizo406
September 28th, 2012, 11:14 PM

Is it?

Grizalltheway
September 28th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Is it?

It is

Screamin_Eagle174
September 28th, 2012, 11:40 PM

Completely different QBs in terms of makeup and specialty. Adams has 4.5 speed, and a pretty good arm. Very shifty... McGhee type QB in size and attributes, perhaps more run prone. Padron is 6'4 with a rocket arm, and still learning the offense since he wasn't here for Spring Ball. Once again, AlphaFailTroll knows not of what she speaks. Adams got the start and played the first half last week because he's been impressing so much in fall camp/practice. Was an idiot and didn't properly hydrate, so he sat out the second half with leg cramps.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 28th, 2012, 11:44 PM

No, I've been saying the Griz won't do as well this year because of the disproportionate number of new starters across both offense and defense. Most Griz fans (before the season), including AG, had been saying that won't affect the Griz at all. So now all of a sudden it is? Please.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 28th, 2012, 11:56 PM
No, I've been saying the Griz won't do as well this year because of the disproportionate number of new starters across both offense and defense. Most Griz fans (before the season), including AG, had been saying that won't affect the Griz at all. So now all of a sudden it is? Please.

Hmm...I must be remembering something else then cuz I was pretty sure you had cited that as a factor of why the Griz wouldn't win. I also sort of thought the feeling was that there would be a great deal of talent that was very young and would have a rough time in the early going but probably come together to look more like a team we recongize as year in and year out Griz type teams. Could have been just my take but I've stated more than once that NAU and EWU were in the right place in the schedule to exploit our vulnerabilities in the early stages of the conference. Hell before the NAU game I said we'd be lucky to come out of those games 1-1.

I haven't read enough on CS in the off season though.

SeattleGriz
September 28th, 2012, 11:56 PM
Completely different QBs in terms of makeup and specialty. Adams has 4.5 speed, and a pretty good arm. Very shifty... McGhee type QB in size and attributes, perhaps more run prone. Padron is 6'4 with a rocket arm, and still learning the offense since he wasn't here for Spring Ball. Once again, AlphaFailTroll knows not of what she speaks. Adams got the start and played the first half last week because he's been impressing so much in fall camp/practice. Was an idiot and didn't properly hydrate, so he sat out the second half with leg cramps.

That's it.

Griz 31
EWU 15

You guys just lost another point.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 29th, 2012, 12:01 AM
That's it.

Griz 31
EWU 15

You guys just lost another point.

xlolx

Screamin_Eagle174
September 29th, 2012, 12:05 AM
Hmm...I must be remembering something else then cuz I was pretty sure you had cited that as a factor of why the Griz wouldn't win. I also sort of thought the feeling was that there would be a great deal of talent that was very young and would have a rough time in the early going but probably come together to look more like a team we recongize as year in and year out Griz type teams. Could have been just my take but I've stated more than once that NAU and EWU were in the right place in the schedule to exploit our vulnerabilities in the early stages of the conference. Hell before the NAU game I said we'd be lucky to come out of those games 1-1.

I haven't read enough on CS in the off season though.

Fair enough. FWIW, I don't group you in with the majority of Griz fans, because you're very rational... most of the time. You haven't read enough of CS at all anymore...

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/shame_111214_VS_video_cp.jpg

For SHHAAAAAAAAAMME!!!!!!

GATA_OneMoreTime
September 29th, 2012, 12:22 AM
Field=Awful! But I am looking forward to this game. It's a HUGE game for Montana after losing to an App State team that is, well...less than stellar this year (Not that I have much room to talk). And losing a tough game to UNA, a win against EWU would be huge. But you have to go to the red field. Should be a great game, and honestly, the outcome doesn't matter to me, but I suppose a Montana win would be best as App beat the Grizz. Should be a good game though!

ursus arctos horribilis
September 29th, 2012, 12:33 AM
Field=Awful! But I am looking forward to this game. It's a HUGE game for Montana after losing to an App State team that is, well...less than stellar this year (Not that I have much room to talk). And losing a tough game to UNA, a win against EWU would be huge. But you have to go to the red field. Should be a great game, and honestly, the outcome doesn't matter to me, but I suppose a Montana win would be best as App beat the Grizz. Should be a good game though!

App is a good team, but a young team, and therefore they make a bigger amount of mistakes as a unit. That is the same story as Montana this year. Youth equals mistakes in the early going and in a bad year carries on throughout the season. Montana made more mistakes in the App game and App flat out made us pay for those mistakes.

There is a big difference between a mediocre team and a young team. One has a big upside if they can squek by in the early going the other can't squek by in any amount of time.

we have to play fairly mistake free ball to get by EWU and they are a very good team that can force fumbles, intercept, etc. so it's a tight rope for the Griz tomorrow for sure.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 29th, 2012, 12:35 AM

Not that it matters but I heard they were menstrual...........................

GATA_OneMoreTime
September 29th, 2012, 12:37 AM
App is a good team, but a young team, and therefore they make a bigger amount of mistakes as a unit. That is the same story as Montana this year. Youth equals mistakes in the early going and in a bad year carries on throughout the season. Montana made more mistakes in the App game and App flat out made us pay for those mistakes.

There is a big difference between a mediocre team and a young team. One has a big upside if they can squek by in the early going the other can't squek by in any amount of time.

we have to play fairly mistake free ball to get by EWU and they are a very good team that can force fumbles, intercept, etc. so it's a tight rope for the Griz tomorrow for sure.

Don't take my comment for much as my Eagles have the same problem...GREAT talent, but very young in the critical positions, especially for our offense. I agree mistake free football wins games, really in any level and any offense, but that is a huge factor. And it is pretty tough to play completely mistake free football. Especially for us running an offense that keys so much on pitches, etc. While App and GSU and Montana are young, they all can be fantastic teams IF they limit, and eliminate big mistakes.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 29th, 2012, 12:44 AM
Fair enough. FWIW, I don't group you in with the majority of Griz fans, because you're very rational... most of the time. You haven't read enough of CS at all anymore...

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/shame_111214_VS_video_cp.jpg

For SHHAAAAAAAAAMME!!!!!!

Time is of course very limited so I only get to go over and deliver an occasional one liner. But I was just thinking about Alf's take on our QB. I have heard nothing from him ever extolling the fact that our QB situation is OK. I've heard and seen nothing from him but negativity toward what he's seen with our QB since before the season started when he was watching practices. So I find it hard to believe he was saying anything other than that elsewhere? If he continues to do that is he changing his story?

In other words it's not some new excuse he's using. It's more of an "I told you so" to those that argued that we were in good shape with Mckinny. Heck I think Mckinny has good upside but so far Alf's been pretty dead on with that assessment.

I don't think anyone would argue that we would not be better with JJ's experience back there...especially this year.

Oh, I am not going to Cheney tomorrow regrettably and if you change that green to red I will tear your rep house down with my massive neg rep power...that is one area I'm confident that a Griz will win.xlolx

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 29th, 2012, 12:44 AM

It will be a very even game, we dont have a QB and they dont have a QB.

Turnovers will determine this one

ursus arctos horribilis
September 29th, 2012, 12:48 AM
Don't take my comment for much as my Eagles have the same problem...GREAT talent, but very young in the critical positions, especially for our offense. I agree mistake free football wins games, really in any level and any offense, but that is a huge factor. And it is pretty tough to play completely mistake free football. Especially for us running an offense that keys so much on pitches, etc. While App and GSU and Montana are young, they all can be fantastic teams IF they limit, and eliminate big mistakes.

We have just had a way of turning it over often and in areas that make it fairly easy to cash in usually and that's where the Griz would really help themselves if they could improve that...much like GSU and to a lesser extent ASU as I think they've been decent in keeping the ball comparitively.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 29th, 2012, 12:57 AM
Not that it matters but I heard they were menstrual...........................

I'll trust your judgment on this one, considering your lifetime of experience with excessive periods ^^^ and being a cranky bitch.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 29th, 2012, 02:07 AM
We have just had a way of turning it over often and in areas that make it fairly easy to cash in usually and that's where the Griz would really help themselves if they could improve that...much like GSU and to a lesser extent ASU as I think they've been decent in keeping the ball comparitively.

Good call Ursus............................................. ....

SeattleGriz
September 29th, 2012, 02:57 AM
I'll trust your judgment on this one, considering your lifetime of experience with excessive periods ^^^ and being a cranky bitch.

Did anyone mention your coach looks like a fu(king bum in your sig? Nice mic as well - my son has one just like it because I dug it out of his gradma's left over *****. jeebus

Tubby Raymond
September 29th, 2012, 05:14 AM
People just don't see how pathetic is to blame a loss on the refs..............

Whats pathetic is when the refs do cost you a game, thought we had a really good recent example of that ehhhhh

Somebody take picture of that nut kick to se174 and post it. SE is all troll

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 29th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Whats pathetic is when the refs do cost you a game, thought we had a really good recent example of that ehhhhh

You bet he is!!

Griz win on the road today........31-17

kalm
September 29th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Delaware and NDSU fans unite!

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 29th, 2012, 11:15 AM

One play or one call doesnt cost you a game.

If you are that worried about it do a lot of things right at the beginning of the game to have a bigger lead so one call "cant cost you the game".

The only thing worse than people that blame refs for losses is trolls like Screaming bagle...........In fact the bottom 5 list goes something like this:

5. Hitler
4. whale *****
3. People that blame Refs for losses
2. Pedophiles
1. Screaming beagle1.74

Screamin_Eagle174
September 29th, 2012, 11:32 AM
All we need are a couple Nova fans, and we'd have the butt-hurt trifecta up in here. Please direct all leaky @sshole questions to our resident expert, AG1. Thanks.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 29th, 2012, 12:00 PM
All this from a guy who still uses a cock nipple on his sippy cup............................at least we wont need to hear from you after the game tonight, I know you will take your weak game and go back to the sanctuary of 9-12 fans on you own board when we kick your *** today.

Trouble with Weber?

That spells trouble today............................................

Screamin_Eagle174
September 29th, 2012, 12:10 PM
All this from a guy who still uses a cock nipple on his sippy cup............................at least we wont need to hear from you after the game tonight, I know you will take your weak game and go back to the sanctuary of 9-12 fans on you own board when we kick your *** today.

Trouble with Weber?

That spells trouble today............................................

Yeah.... a win on the road spells trouble. Completely unlike getting your *** kicked at home after holding a 17 point first half lead. You're in more denial about this game than your homosexuality, which is saying something.

Gonna be a great day for your QB.

http://trialx.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/recipes/Chocolate_Turnovers-3.jpg

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 29th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Yeah.... a win on the road spells trouble. Completely unlike getting your *** kicked at home after holding a 17 point first half lead. You're in more denial about this game than your homosexuality, which is saying something.

Gonna be a great day for your QB.

http://trialx.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/recipes/Chocolate_Turnovers-3.jpg

The only way I am a homo is if your mom had a sex change...........................................* **** now that I think about it........its highly possible.

Oh well I am going to watch the Baylor West Virginia game and make some decorative Halloween baskets.........................................

Screamin_Eagle174
September 29th, 2012, 12:50 PM
The only way I am a homo is if your mom had a sex change...........................................* **** now that I think about it........its highly possible.

Oh well I am going to watch the Baylor West Virginia game and make some decorative Halloween baskets.........................................

If you're really not a homo, then you might want to proofread your posts before you submit, so as to not confuse people. xtwocentsx

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 29th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Oh......Im sorry.....you obviously have me confused with soembody that gives a flying ***** what anyone thinks about me in any way.

Quit stalking me I can deal with your mom but both of you is getting to be a hastle.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 29th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Oh......Im sorry.....you obviously have me confused with soembody that gives a flying ***** what anyone thinks about me in any way.

Quit stalking me I can deal with your mom but both of you is getting to be a hastle.

Apology accepted.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 29th, 2012, 01:10 PM
You really are an *** clown.

In order for somebody to apologize they have to respect you...................you will never get an apology from me or anyone I know.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 29th, 2012, 01:27 PM
You really are an *** clown.

In order for somebody to apologize they have to respect you...................you will never get an apology from me or anyone I know.

You should take some midol now, before your cranky bitch syndrome gets any worse. I still forgive you.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 29th, 2012, 01:41 PM
You would be a cranky bitch too if you have to deal with a cu*t bubble like yourself......................................

Screamin_Eagle174
September 29th, 2012, 01:42 PM
You would be a cranky bitch too if you had a vagina as big as mine......................................

Probably.

Grizcountry420
September 29th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Good stuff! Keep typing......

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 29th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Screaming bagel must be out of cock..........................between him and his mom, a town the size of Spocompton just cant supply that demand.

R3TRO
September 29th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Didn't read the whole thread but is there any news on a webcast?

ursus arctos horribilis
September 29th, 2012, 05:29 PM
No bigskytv cast for this game apparently because it's a Roots Sports but if you have DTV you can get it on channel 683 I think.

R3TRO
September 29th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Thanks ursus.. Didn't even know I had this channel!

ursus arctos horribilis
September 29th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Thanks ursus.. Didn't even know I had this channel!

My pleasure.

Apps03
September 29th, 2012, 06:30 PM
haven't read the thread but i've got this game on 239-1 in Mooresville, NC

ETA - DirectTV

Apps03
September 29th, 2012, 07:26 PM
haven't read the thread but i've got this game on 239-1 in Mooresville, NC

ETA - DirectTV

Wouldn't normally quote myself but, wow, went back and read through the thread. Things really escalted quickly.

CopperCat
September 29th, 2012, 07:53 PM
I'm really digging EWU's helmets. That being said I hope MSU never does it.

CopperCat
September 29th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Either Canada and Nguyen are that good or EWU'S D is really bad.

Tubby Raymond
September 29th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Screaming bagel must be out of cock..........................between him and his mom, a town the size of Spocompton just cant supply that demand.This a is good, se is your bitch

CopperCat
September 29th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Adams is a solid QB. Good passer and great scrambler too. Always looks downfield and makes big plays, especially with his legs.

dudeitsaid
September 29th, 2012, 09:23 PM
WHAT A FLIPPIN GAME!!! I would love to see EWU pummel the Griz, but some of the best games I've ever seen are between these two teams, no matter who has won. Griz running game, virtually unstoppable for our D.

CopperCat
September 29th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Adams is the real deal. Now only if he would get a haircut.....

Squealofthepig
September 29th, 2012, 09:24 PM
WHAT A FLIPPIN GAME!!!

I cannot disagree with that at all. And man, perfect onside kick and good execution when it counted. Grats on a good win!

CopperCat
September 29th, 2012, 09:34 PM
UM rushed for over 400 yards. Lots of offense in this game, over 800 yards total.

dudeitsaid
September 29th, 2012, 09:43 PM
UM's rushing game looked unstoppable. The holes the line opened up and the vision of Canada, Nguyen, and McKinnley(?) was outstanding. I am surprised we overcame it. The two fumbles certainly helped. Tough way to end a couple drives in the red zone.

Hammerhead
September 29th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Holy smoke! I had that game on the TV while watching NDSU@UNI on the computer and switched to Wisconsin@Nebraska game too early. :(

putter
September 29th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Seriously, our O-Coordinator needs to learn how to keep the gas on. Montana has a lead in the 4th and they do 3 predictable runs. Keep motoring for the 1st to run the clock. 2nd week in a row and look what happened.

CopperCat
September 29th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Flawless execution by EWU with the onside kick. That was the difference, obviously.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 29th, 2012, 11:01 PM
EWU beat us, no excuse they won, they kicked our *** in every phase of the game. The Griz are a bad team a very bad team.

The better team won, end of story.

Congrats

CopperCat
September 29th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Actually the griz really aren't a bad team! EWU made a helluva play with that onside kick, and that's really what it comes down to. Obviously there were turnovers and key defensive plays, but UM has a VERY robust running game with Nguyen and Canada in the backfield. If you put these two teams on paper, you would think UM would have won based on their 400 yards rushing. But EWU had one more trick in the bag that ended up being the difference. I enjoyed watching this game. Guys flocking to the ball, hard hits, big plays, that is what college football is all about. EWU has momentum going for it now, while UM needs a gut check to get ready for the next opponent. But both teams are very formidable.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 29th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Flawless execution by EWU with the onside kick. That was the difference, obviously.

Yes, when a team can pull a play like that off you are in severe danger at all times. I knew they were goona get it because Kaufman is just that big, athletic, and good. I had no doubt that if they did get it it was gonna be him dealing the death blow.

The guy is just flat out a difference maker.

Grizo406
September 29th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Yes, when a team can pull a play like that off you are in severe danger at all times. I knew they were goona get it because Kaufman is just that big, athletic, and good. I had no doubt that if they did get it it was gonna be him dealing the death blow.

The guy is just flat out a difference maker.

Congrats to the Eagles! They played a terrific game, and were well coached!xsmileyclapxxsmileyclapx

Thanks for the veiled shout out, Ursus...it's appreciated!!xnodx

Screamin_Eagle174
September 30th, 2012, 12:15 AM
Congrats to the Eagles! They played a terrific game, and were well coached!xsmileyclapxxsmileyclapx

xlolx xthumbsupx

Screamin_Eagle174
September 30th, 2012, 12:17 AM
What a *****in' game! That's pretty much all I have to say. As Eagle fans have dubbed him, "Big Time Kauf" is most definitely Big Time. Glad EWU could squeak one out, as I knew UM would never back down. Love watching these two teams play!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 30th, 2012, 12:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELHqiamNw5s

Phrebert
September 30th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Congrats on the Victory but can I get some Eyedrops...that field.....its.....its.....Horrible, I will never look at Jello with white frosting again

kalm
September 30th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Congrats on the Victory but can I get some Eyedrops...that field.....its.....its.....Horrible, I will never look at Jello with white frosting again

1) You need more than eyedrops. You are blind. That field gets more spectacular every time I see it!

2) I tried to kick SE in the nuts, I really did. But he is quick and agile. Sorry everybody.

SeattleGriz
September 30th, 2012, 11:37 AM
I have to say that was a fantastic onside kick by EWU. I forget where I read it, but agree with the poster in which I was thinking EWU had no shot with all the new rule changes to onside kicks.

Congratulations EWU, what a great win for your team.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 30th, 2012, 12:04 PM
1) You need more than eyedrops. You are blind. That field gets more spectacular every time I see it!

2) I tried to kick SE in the nuts, I really did. But he is quick and agile. Sorry everybody.

xlolx

Screamin_Eagle174
September 30th, 2012, 12:05 PM
I have to say that was a fantastic onside kick by EWU. I forget where I read it, but agree with the poster in which I was thinking EWU had no shot with all the new rule changes to onside kicks.

Congratulations EWU, what a great win for your team.

It truly was an incredible kick. Absolute perfect execution.

BlueKeyAlum
September 30th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Excellent game and congrats to the Eagles. I had several chums at the Inferno blowing up my phone with play-by-play and that last 3 minutes was crazy. Baldwin's Boys are back in the hunt!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 30th, 2012, 07:35 PM
EWU beat us, no excuse they won, they kicked our *** in every phase of the game. The Griz are a bad team a very bad team.

The better team won, end of story.

Congrats

http://www.bigskyfans.com/eagles/viewtopic.php?p=13305#p13305

I havent been this excited about a Griz team since 1996 and possibly 2001. The talent, size and SPEED that Pflu brought in have never been on a Griz team like this since I have been watching (1983ish)

If this team stays healty and progresses like good teams do this could be the best team overall we have ever had at UM. Bold words? Hell yes but I am dead serious.

You want some?

COME GET SOME!

Always fun to watch you flip-flop. xthumbsupx

Oh, and we got some. xcoffeex

Walkon79
October 1st, 2012, 04:48 PM
Adams is the real deal. Now only if he would get a haircut.....

This! But I also saw a kid get really rattled when he got pressure.

We'll see how he does with 21,000 on him all day!

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 1st, 2012, 06:14 PM
http://www.bigskyfans.com/eagles/viewtopic.php?p=13305#p13305

Always fun to watch you flip-flop. xthumbsupx

Oh, and we got some. xcoffeex

Stalker

One post was made with JJ as our starting QB, he took you guys apart and would have beat you by at least 3 TDs this year but he got caught up in the web of a mentally unstable bitch (reminds me of you) and now has to rebuild his name from misconstrued accusations. The other post was made months later with no where near the same team as when that post was made.

This is why people think you guys are low class, nobody gives a flying ***** about your little program yet you run around yelling look at me!!! look at me!! We finally beat Montana in a down year with legal problems" hey look at us!!

You guys beat a really really bad team with out a QB............and you know how you did it. There really isnt any reason to rush a field or follow people around in the internet rubbing the W in peoples faces after the fact. We know who you and your program are, your small beans trying to get up a hill, you havent done anything that anyone should take notice of and more than likely you wont.

We get it, we lost, your fan base is a bunch of classless POS like yourself that cant win graciously. Anytime you want to talk about this face to face just swing by and see how that goes for you........my bet is you dont act like you do online and try to be cordial and not the internet douchebag you are.

Have a good one and tell your mom to stop calling........... xcoffeex

ursus arctos horribilis
October 1st, 2012, 06:41 PM
Oh good, glad to see you guys bury the hatchet and all that.xlolx

Bisonoline
October 1st, 2012, 08:37 PM
Stalker

One post was made with JJ as our starting QB, he took you guys apart and would have beat you by at least 3 TDs this year but he got caught up in the web of a mentally unstable bitch (reminds me of you) and now has to rebuild his name from misconstrued accusations. The other post was made months later with no where near the same team as when that post was made.

This is why people think you guys are low class, nobody gives a flying ***** about your little program yet you run around yelling look at me!!! look at me!! We finally beat Montana in a down year with legal problems" hey look at us!!

You guys beat a really really bad team with out a QB............and you know how you did it. There really isnt any reason to rush a field or follow people around in the internet rubbing the W in peoples faces after the fact. We know who you and your program are, your small beans trying to get up a hill, you havent done anything that anyone should take notice of and more than likely you wont.

We get it, we lost, your fan base is a bunch of classless POS like yourself that cant win graciously. Anytime you want to talk about this face to face just swing by and see how that goes for you........my bet is you dont act like you do online and try to be cordial and not the internet douchebag you are.

Have a good one and tell your mom to stop calling........... xcoffeex

I agree with everything you posted. But arent you also the one who said "its just the internet?" "People pushing peoples buttons is what makes it interesting?" Relax. The guy is a tool.

kalm
October 1st, 2012, 09:01 PM
Oh good, glad to see you guys bury the hatchet and all that.xlolx

:D

srgrizizen
October 2nd, 2012, 12:56 PM

Nice to see there are some UM fans who can empathize and identify with other teams and their fans. Everybody likes to winning, and EWU fans are entitled to enjoy it. Having hoarded wins for years, I like to think the Griz are simply conscience-bound to do a little redistribution to the other 97% -- if only temporarily.

But as for AG1s claim that this is the worst Griz team ever, EWU better hope that the UM running attack is pretty good, because if it's not, then the EWU run defense might as well wear pink tutus and shout OLE as opposing runners go by for the rest of the season. xlolx

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 2nd, 2012, 01:30 PM
I didnt say this was the worst Griz team ever.

I said we are a very very bad team. Beating this team isnt anything to crow about right now.

Grizalltheway
October 2nd, 2012, 02:17 PM
Only a moronic troll would say this is the worst Griz team ever, or even a very very bad team...oh wait.........

Screamin_Eagle174
October 2nd, 2012, 02:47 PM
Nice to see there are some UM fans who can empathize and identify with other teams and their fans. Everybody likes to winning, and EWU fans are entitled to enjoy it. Having hoarded wins for years, I like to think the Griz are simply conscience-bound to do a little redistribution to the other 97% -- if only temporarily.

But as for AG1s claim that this is the worst Griz team ever, EWU better hope that the UM running attack is pretty good, because if it's not, then the EWU run defense might as well wear pink tutus and shout OLE as opposing runners go by for the rest of the season. xlolx

I think it's a perfect storm of the Griz run game being pretty good, EWU run D being average to sub par, EWU having all 3 starting LBs out with injury, and EWU generally being unprepared. We got a butts kicked in the trenches.

Catbooster
October 2nd, 2012, 04:27 PM
Having attended some games at old Dorn-Blaser (sp?) and going to Cat-Griz games when I was going to MSU in the '80's, I'm pretty sure this isn't the worst Griz team ever.

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 2nd, 2012, 06:37 PM
Still dont see where anyone said this was the worst Griz team of all time.............................................. .