PDA

View Full Version : Division I HBCU draft

DSUrocks07
September 25th, 2012, 09:28 AM
With all the talks of "moving up" and conference shifts that are occurring, there has been little dialogue regarding the HBCU conferences, the honest truth is that no school outside of that fraternity will look at moving to one of those conferences. So the answer would be for some to step out of the sandbox and join a new conference. Throwing out a hypothetical here, If the conferences of FCS had an opportunity to bring in a school from the MEAC and/or the SWAC, which ones make the most sense (regionally, marketing-wise and competitively).

MEAC

Bethune-Cookman
Coppin State
Delaware State
Florida A&M
Hampton
Howard
Maryland-Eastern Shore
Morgan State
Norfolk State
NC A&T
NC Central
Savannah State
SC State

SWAC

Alabama A&M
Alabama State
Alcorn State
Arkansas-Pine Bluff
Grambling State
Jackson State
Mississippi Valley State
Prairie View A&M
Southern U
Texas Southern

BluBengal07
September 25th, 2012, 10:07 AM
this is not going to get a lot of play from the masses since due to mindset, but i'll support this effort....

since i know SWAC better than MEAC, two reasonable considerations seems to be Alabama State and Jackson State.

-JSU seems like a match for Southland or Ohio Valley. these are the two closes conferences and that conference will be breaking ground into a new state, Mississippi. JSU stay quite competitive in practically all sports, in and outside the conference. football is interesting right now cause they have have a mix of talent but these Ws are not cashing in like expected during camp. this might be a coaching concern.
-ASU seems like a match for Southern or Ohio Valley. these are the two closes conferences with at least one Alabama school already a member. from my remembrance, the football program developments is the only things that's going some good right now.

however, i believe these guys needs to dominate in at least one of the following before moving, if not both; strong winning and/or strong financial support streams.

honorable mention is Grambling State.