PDA

View Full Version : Griz coach Hauck ok's Stones show

griz37
July 27th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Apparently Griz coach Bobby Hauck could have put an end to any thought of a Rolling Stones show in Missoula. Just goes to show how important football is to Missoula.

Still, concerns about using the field for such a demanding show - where nearly 22,000 people will crowd the stands and the artificial-turf floor, where there will undoubtedly be a pile of garbage to clean up, where a hulking, 60-foot stage will take up the entire south end of the stadium, were relayed to UM Grizzly football coach Bobby Hauck.

Ultimately, Hauck had near veto power over the deal. But the coach trusted the crew to protect the field.

“One of the things President (George) Dennison was saying was, ‘How does Bobby feel about all this?' ” Muse recalled. “We called him and said that his feelings on this were pivotal. We said, ‘Well, what do you think?' And he said, ‘Go for it. I may not be alive the next time something like this comes around.' ”

http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2006/07/27/entertainer/ent01.txt

Cap'n Cat
July 27th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Ronbo, in detail, can you provide for us the cut that the following are receiving from the concert:

1. Ath Dept
2. Football
3. Women's Basketball
4. Men's Glee Club
5. U Montana Jazz Orchestra
6. Scholarship Fund
7. Women's Acapella
8. Phys Ed Dept
9. U Montana Dept of Cultural Heritage
10. Local Native Tribes

????

Thanks!

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Ronbo
July 27th, 2006, 12:02 PM
I heard all the proceeds to UM after expenses will go to the Republican Party.xlolx

Cap'n Cat
July 27th, 2006, 12:12 PM
I heard all the proceeds to UM after expenses will go to the Republican Party.xlolx

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow::D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

We love you, Ronbo. Take 'er easy.

:smiley_wi :smiley_wi :smiley_wi :smiley_wi :smiley_wi :smiley_wi :smiley_wi :smiley_wi :p :p :p :p :p :p :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ronbo
July 27th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Thankyou Cap'n and I'm going to cool down all the braggin' about the Griz. I just love these boys so Got Dam much. Got a player and his family sailing with me this weekend! Ooops there I go again. :nono: :rotateh: :rotateh: xlolx Oh you'd like him, a 6'6" 290 lb guard.

Cap'n Cat
July 27th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Thankyou Cap'n and I'm going to cool down all the braggin' about the Griz. I just love these boys so Got Dam much. Got a player and his family sailing with me this weekend! Ooops there I go again. :nono: :rotateh: :rotateh: xlolx Oh you'd like him, a 6'6" 290 lb guard.

Is he cute?

!!!!!!!

Keep braggin, Ron!

The money stuff is funny more than anything else, Ron. It really doesn't bother me. Cap'n Cat's just one of those buttheads that finds the one chink in the armor and pounds the crap out of it. I think I need counseling....

:o :o

Ronbo
July 27th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Well you know Cap'n there are two measures of success for a program. Money to support the non revenue sports and winning games. For the Coach the latter is most important. For the AD the first is most important. So the money is important, otherwise you are depending on student fees and donations and State funding. :twocents: