PDA

View Full Version : NDSU, your 2nd/3rd teamers are ridiculously impressive

Panther88
September 23rd, 2012, 12:01 PM
Nothing but PURE unadulterated jealousy from this side of the keyboard. Your team, your coaching, your fans, your facilities. First class orgs, all of them.

I'd thought that NDSU would've scored 99+ pts EASILY but thanks for showing mercy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VYi6akd3Ag

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 23rd, 2012, 12:08 PM
The scarey thing is that the Bison start 1 senior on offense and 0 on defense.

I knew the SWAC was terrible but I didn't think they were that bad. That game could have been 100-0 by the end of the 3rd quarter. The local D3 team would have easily beat PV yesterday.

Panther88
September 23rd, 2012, 12:13 PM

I knew the SWAC was terrible but I didn't think they were that bad. That game could have been 100-0 by the end of the 3rd quarter. The local D3 team would have easily beat PV yesterday.

You're preaching to the choir Bison Fan. But, allow me to correct you. Your thoughts on the SWAC, I won't address. But rather, could you be more specific in saying that Priaire View is TERRIBLE and they really are that bad? And yes, the game could've EASILY been 100-0 by half-time if the 1st teamers (in total) were allowed to play for an entire half. And yes, I do believe several upon several D-II and D-III squads could beat PVAMU.

frozennorth
September 23rd, 2012, 12:26 PM
pvam players looked plenty athletic and your quarterback looked very capable, but the fundamentals looked rough and your team looked lost and did not appear to be on the same page.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 23rd, 2012, 12:26 PM
You're preaching to the choir Bison Fan. But, allow me to correct you. Your thoughts on the SWAC, I won't address. But rather, could you be more specific in saying that Priaire View is TERRIBLE and they really are that bad? And yes, the game could've EASILY been 100-0 by half-time if the 1st teamers (in total) were allowed to play for an entire half. And yes, I do believe several upon several D-II and D-III squads could beat PVAMU.

I just thought with PV being less than an hour from Houston that they would have had some decent players.

The play I loved the most yesterday was when our true freshman OG (Zack Johnson 6-5 and 325) totally pancaked block their DT (#83....he must have been 330) and he pounded the ground in frustration and their position coach just threw his hands up in the air.

Panther88
September 23rd, 2012, 12:34 PM
pvam players looked plenty athletic and your quarterback looked very capable, but the fundamentals looked rough and your team looked lost and did not appear to be on the same page.

This we disagree on. SOME of PV's players look plenty athletic but others... well... muscle is obviously heavier than fat and there was plenty of fat on PV's side of the ball. xsmhx

Panther88
September 23rd, 2012, 12:37 PM
I just thought with PV being less than an hour from Houston that they would have had some decent players.

The play I loved the most yesterday was when our true freshman OG (Zack Johnson 6-5 and 325) totally pancaked block their DT (#83....he must have been 330) and he pounded the ground in frustration and their position coach just threw his hands up in the air.

That would've been the case in the 1970s and prior Bison Fan. But those days are gone and this is 2012 and for whatever reasoning, PV travels to the east coast and across america recruiting kids, who do not possess the athleticsm that Texas HS football is known for. Even the starting QB, he's from the greater Baltimore, MD area. Now, Andrew Luck... RGIII... lol et al.

The play I enjoyed the most was watching NDSU's MUCH, MUCH stronger and willful WR dragging our CB along for a ride to the tune of 12+ yards out for paydirt. THAT was very, VERY telling, IMHO. Along w/ the quickness and speed of your LBers who tracked down our RBs w/ the GREATEST of ease.

frozennorth
September 23rd, 2012, 12:54 PM
now that you mention it your lines didn't look very good at all

Panther88
September 23rd, 2012, 01:14 PM
now that you mention it your lines didn't look very good at all

Fat never EVER looks or performs good when compared w/ muscle frozennorth. There is NO speed/quickness in "fat." smh

FargoBison
September 23rd, 2012, 01:24 PM
I thought PV's biggest deficiencies were definitely on the OL, DL and secondary. I felt sorry for your QB at times, the guy had almost no chance to get a pass off without being mauled.

Vitojr130
September 23rd, 2012, 01:47 PM
I thought PV's biggest deficiencies were definitely on the OL, DL and secondary. I felt sorry for your QB at times, the guy had almost no chance to get a pass off without being mauled.

I felt sorry for PVAMU's lines... That #83 (the big, BIG d-tackle) consistently got either pancaked or blown back 5 yards by someone 100 lbs. smaller than him... It was entertaining watching him stomp around after another unsuccessful attempt at getting to our QB.

sgt smash
September 23rd, 2012, 01:49 PM
The best part about watching the game for me was your fans. When PV scored that touchdown the cameras zoomed in on you cheering section. The guy doing the macarena in the yellow shirt needs to go try out for left tackle. He had better footwork than your starting o-line.

Panther88
September 23rd, 2012, 01:52 PM

+1. True.

HandoEX
September 23rd, 2012, 02:22 PM
The best part about watching the game for me was your fans. When PV scored that touchdown the cameras zoomed in on you cheering section. The guy doing the macarena in the yellow shirt needs to go try out for left tackle. He had better footwork than your starting o-line.
Your fans were BADASS! They were partying like it was 1999 and having fun throughout the entire game. They showed some of our old fans how it's done! Was fun to watch, big ups to those that came!

Panther88
September 24th, 2012, 11:15 AM
I felt sorry for PVAMU's lines... That #83 (the big, BIG d-tackle) consistently got either pancaked or blown back 5 yards by someone 100 lbs. smaller than him... It was entertaining watching him stomp around after another unsuccessful attempt at getting to our QB.

I think that was the UnivofMem txfer (former TE) converted to DL. He's pretty green, I'm sure. I can ONLY imagine the 100lb lighter OL pancaking him and driving him back lol. I cannot wait to watch the rebroadcast so I can LOL some more.

Panther88
September 24th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Your fans were BADASS! They were partying like it was 1999 and having fun throughout the entire game. They showed some of our old fans how it's done! Was fun to watch, big ups to those that came!

lol I know you all were hospitable hosts. Personally, I wanted to make the game so I could pre-game tailgate and then allow you all to console me immediately after the game w/ some brown liquor. lololololololol And words of "it'll get better... just hang in there," like I've heard for the last 20 years. xlolx

Congrats again. You guys should be in the national title hunt. Ridicuously sound, physical, and well coached. I'm jealous. xlolx

TheRevSFA
September 24th, 2012, 11:20 AM

I mean, Lamar shut out Prairie View. You're pretty bad if Lamar shuts you down.

I wonder who'd win between Langston and PV AM

Panther88
September 24th, 2012, 11:24 AM
I mean, Lamar shut out Prairie View. You're pretty bad if Lamar shuts you down.

I wonder who'd win between Langston and PV AM

Langston. Hands down.

LakesBison
September 24th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Great Post, thanks buddy.

come back in a few years to fargo with a better team and then it'll be a blast!

Bisonoline
September 24th, 2012, 11:28 AM

I dont know if those are the words I would use. I thought they were over weight and out of shape. The QB wasnt mobile and for the most part their foot work was terrible. They have a lot of work to do. I will give them credit for the fact that they played hard all game. They gave good effort.

BisonFan02
September 25th, 2012, 08:13 AM
This was pretty funny too....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocQ91cUbGnE&feature=player_embedded

Panther88
September 25th, 2012, 08:19 AM
I dont know if those are the words I would use. I thought they were over weight and out of shape. The QB wasnt mobile and for the most part their foot work was terrible. They have a lot of work to do. I will give them credit for the fact that they played hard all game. They gave good effort.

Very astute observation. This is what I've been preaching for awhile now and none in SWAC land seem to comprehend my brand of english. Go figure...

AmsterBison
September 25th, 2012, 08:38 AM
A. The Prairie View A&M fans who made it up to the FargoDome were getting rave reviews on Bisonville - your fans know how to have fun.
B. I wonder if that fullback, Bonnet, got in trouble for jumping the defenders ("You're a Bison fullback not a hurdler. This means that your runs end with your pads low, smacking a defender.") Pretty athletic play.

Panther88
September 25th, 2012, 08:47 AM
A. The Prairie View A&M fans who made it up to the FargoDome were getting rave reviews on Bisonville - your fans know how to have fun.
B. I wonder if that fullback, Bonnet, got in trouble for jumping the defenders ("You're a Bison fullback not a hurdler. This means that your runs end with your pads low, smacking a defender.") Pretty athletic play.

Shows the disparity in athletic talent Amster. You all have great student-athletes.

BluBengal07
September 25th, 2012, 08:58 AM
From how it sounds like, PV fans really enjoyed themselves and were received well in the dome.

Bisonoline
September 25th, 2012, 03:16 PM
From how it sounds like, PV fans really enjoyed themselves and were received well in the dome.

We were hoping some of there fans would have come by our tailgate so we could invite them in. Unfortunately we never saw any until we were in the game.

Panther88
September 25th, 2012, 03:25 PM
We were hoping some of there fans would have come by our tailgate so we could invite them in. Unfortunately we never saw any until we were in the game.

Man you guys are 1st class.

Bisonoline
September 25th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Man you guys are 1st class.

Thanks. We always have a pretty good spread of food and love to share it with everyone and talk football. Gotta love fans who will travel distance to support their team.

Pyroshane
September 25th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Thanks. We always have a pretty good spread of food and love to share it with everyone and talk football. Gotta love fans who will travel distance to support their team. Our group does the same. When I know there are fans from the opposing team tailgating, I carry a cooler with a bottle of my homemade redeye over to their camp to offer shots. I remember there was a group from Indiana State who came with a camper a couple years ago. Between the four from my group who went and their group, we downed a liter of liquor in about five minutes. We then got one of them who had two younger brothers on the ISU team to come back to our camp where we gave him more redeye shots, pudding shots, a liquor filled cupcake, and then got him to pose for a picture with us while wearing a furry Bison horn hat, with a Bison #1 foam finger on one hand and holding the "Bison Strong" yard sign in the other. Good times. I can't wait till homecoming, because there is always at least one group of YSU fans tailgating.

Panther88
September 25th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Damn. Bringing a tear to my eye. :(

Panther88
September 26th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Do you guys have anymore clips from the game? I did a youtube srch and didn't find anymore for this particular game. The ones I did find were great. Also, whomever documented the still-pix for the pre-game and actual game did a super fantastic job. Send them my regards.