MSU @ SUU
Sac St @ ISU
PSU @ NAU
Cal Poly @ UND
UM @ EWU
WSU @ UC Davis

UNDColorado
September 23rd, 2012, 08:43 AM
Now things are getting interesting as 3-0 Cal Poly takes on 3-1 UND in the Alerus. Both if these teams should be ranked going in. Poly looks to be a very solid team so next Saturday will be a tough test. UND's running game finally showed up so that was a bit of a relief. Defense is still suspect at times but very optimistic with two picks and a fumble recovery. I don't know what the coaches said at half but the defense came out and shut down their running game looking like Sioux defenses of old.

darell1976
September 23rd, 2012, 08:48 AM
Now things are getting interesting as 3-0 Cal Poly takes on 3-1 UND in the Alerus. Both if these teams should be ranked going in. Poly looks to be a very solid team so next Saturday will be a tough test. UND's running game finally showed up so that was a bit of a relief. Defense is still suspect at times but very optimistic with two picks and a fumble recovery. I don't know what the coaches said at half but the defense came out and shut down their running game looking like Sioux defenses of old.

If UND's defense and offense (running game) would have played like this last week UND would have beaten San Diego State. Finally UND has a running game to take pressure off of Hendrickson, and Jackson got involved nicely so Hardin isn't the only weapon of choice. Defense came up huge recovering a fumble when Sac St was at the UND 5. Plus a block FG right before halftime killed any chance of a momentum swing. UND needs to do the same to Cal Poly plus get the crowd into it early and often. They need to be the 12th man on the field. I predict UND winning on a 43 yard FG.....UND 34 Cal Poly 33.

darell1976
September 23rd, 2012, 09:06 AM
I went 6-1 last week with the only loss was the NAU-UM game. I am 37-4 overall.

MSU @ SUU
Sac St @ ISU
PSU @ NAU
Cal Poly @ UND
UM @ EWU
WSU @ UC Davis

Go Poly
September 23rd, 2012, 12:35 PM
I went 6-1 last week with the only loss was the NAU-UM game. I am 37-4 overall.

MSU @ SUU
Sac St @ ISU
PSU @ NAU
Cal Poly @ UND
UM @ EWU
WSU @ UC Davis

I will be at the game cheering on my Mustangs! Hoping for a Cal Poly victory! :D

frozennorth
September 23rd, 2012, 12:52 PM
MSU @ SUU
Sac St @ ISU
PSU @ NAU
Cal Poly @ UND
UM @ EWU
WSU @ UC Davis

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 23rd, 2012, 01:02 PM
If UND's defense and offense (running game) would have played like this last week UND would have beaten San Diego State. Finally UND has a running game to take pressure off of Hendrickson, and Jackson got involved nicely so Hardin isn't the only weapon of choice. Defense came up huge recovering a fumble when Sac St was at the UND 5. Plus a block FG right before halftime killed any chance of a momentum swing. UND needs to do the same to Cal Poly plus get the crowd into it early and often. They need to be the 12th man on the field. I predict UND winning on a 43 yard FG.....UND 34 Cal Poly 33.

Will Muss ever put Hanson back in at QB?

MH is doing pretty well on the field.

darell1976
September 23rd, 2012, 04:25 PM

I have been hearing any game now but I think it could be a bad move since Hendrickson is on a roll. I don't think Muss ever thought he would be in this situation, which good QB do I start today.

bojeta
September 23rd, 2012, 05:00 PM

This game is going to be TOUGH!! I've been a believer in North Dakota all along, and no game makes me more nervous than this one. Darell..., WOW! Picking it down to the length of the field goal!! lol... I'm going with Cal Poly winning by a field goal and...., hmmm.... I'm guessing 50 yards! ;)

darell1976
September 23rd, 2012, 05:05 PM
This game is going to be TOUGH!! I've been a believer in North Dakota all along, and no game makes me more nervous than this one. Darell..., WOW! Picking it down to the length of the field goal!! lol... I'm going with Cal Poly winning by a field goal and...., hmmm.... I'm guessing 50 yards! ;)

Cal Poly and UND have played tough games going back to 2009 when UND upset Cal Poly on Halloween this game is going to be big and loud. I am predicting over 10,000 screaming fans. 7 games left and UND fans know every one of them is like a mini national title game. You lose you could be done.

SDFS
September 23rd, 2012, 05:33 PM

IMO - when Hanson is healthy he will start. It is going to be very interesting to see how teams adjust to UND offense when they make the switch. I believe that part of the success for UND's offense is that teams have not had much film to work with..

Last year UND's offense was strictly a running game. The passing game struggled and that is being nice. UND's adds two freshman receivers to bolster the receiving depth and adds a FBS transfer at QB. Instant passing game and no film..

First 3 weeks of this year teams are running pressure defense with man coverage wide. They are trying to take away the run and force UND to pass. IMO this plays to Hendrickson strengths: good athlete and big arm. He can sidestep the rush and takeoff or throw it deep. He has done that very well this year.

This week, Sac St was conservative went with a zone forcing UND to more underneath routes. The offense struggled until the running game started going in the second half. But, think that Hanson works better with this type of defense versus pressure. So, when Hanson comes in, team again will not have much film and it is going to take two or three weeks for film to show the changes.

In addition, I believe that once Hanson is 100%. UND is going to run specific packages (more running/throwing options) for Hendrickson. So, they will have another twist available. So, it will be interesting to see how everything plays out. Plus, the schedule for UND the next 6 weeks is going to be nuts (Poly, EWU, N. Arz, Mont, Mont St., SUU).

tingly
September 23rd, 2012, 05:44 PM
nuts indeed. I don't see any of those teams as being heads above the others yet.

bojeta
September 23rd, 2012, 06:11 PM
IMO - when Hanson is healthy he will start. It is going to be very interesting to see how teams adjust to UND offense when they make the switch. I believe that part of the success for UND's offense is that teams have not had much film to work with..

Last year UND's offense was strictly a running game. The passing game struggled and that is being nice. UND's adds two freshman receivers to bolster the receiving depth and adds a FBS transfer at QB. Instant passing game and no film..

First 3 weeks of this year teams are running pressure defense with man coverage wide. They are trying to take away the run and force UND to pass. IMO this plays to Hendrickson strengths: good athlete and big arm. He can sidestep the rush and takeoff or throw it deep. He has done that very well this year.

This week, Sac St was conservative went with a zone forcing UND to more underneath routes. The offense struggled until the running game started going in the second half. But, think that Hanson works better with this type of defense versus pressure. So, when Hanson comes in, team again will not have much film and it is going to take two or three weeks for film to show the changes.

In addition, I believe that once Hanson is 100%. UND is going to run specific packages (more running/throwing options) for Hendrickson. So, they will have another twist available. So, it will be interesting to see how everything plays out. Plus, the schedule for UND the next 6 weeks is going to be nuts (Poly, EWU, N. Arz, Mont, Mont St., SUU).

All season it's been said the new Big Sky will be a meat grinder. After NAU's solid win over Montana, the prediction is confirmed!! There will be NO easy games in the Big Sky. Even Northern Co can hurt you if you don't take them seriously.

swaghook
September 23rd, 2012, 06:16 PM
MSU @ SUU
Sac St @ ISU
PSU @ NAU
Cal Poly @ UND
UM @ EWU
WSU @ UC Davis

MSUBobcat
September 23rd, 2012, 06:19 PM
UND has some tough sledding ahead, no doubt. I know all of the "power conferences" consider their schedules to be meat grinders, but that is an unenviable stretch for anyone.

Walkon79
September 24th, 2012, 12:44 PM
UND has some tough sledding ahead, no doubt. I know all of the "power conferences" consider their schedules to be meat grinders, but that is an unenviable stretch for anyone.

I just hope they get a win this weekend, cause it's one of Cal Poly's only tough games!

Walkon79
September 24th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Really worried about SUU on the road this week. SUU can't stop anybody, but we better get a pass rush or its going to be a long day. Daly, Bignell and Singleton all played last week and our pressure was better. We just need Minter back and I think we'll control SUU.

If the Cats can get by this one, the showdown with Eastern looms large on October 13th. BTW already my choice for AGS game of the week.

MSUBobcat
September 24th, 2012, 12:59 PM
I just hope they get a win this weekend, cause it's one of Cal Poly's only tough games!

This is true. Though @EWU and @ NAU will be challenging also, from the looks of things thus far. Let's go Boys (formerly) Named Sioux. :D

Griz_are_Beta_AF
September 24th, 2012, 12:59 PM
MSU @ SUU
Sac St @ ISU
PSU @ NAU
Cal Poly @ UND
UM @ EWU
WSU @ UC Davis

Why did you choose SUU over MSU? Do you really hate us that much or do you honestly think SUU is the better team?

MTfan4life
September 24th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Why did you choose SUU over MSU? Do you really hate us that much or do you honestly think SUU is the better team?

It's simply a prediction. Is Montana State a 100% favorite to win on the road against Southern Utah? If you think they're any less than 100%, then allow people to predict against them. You don't have to be the better team to win a home football game. Just have to be the better team on that day, and the last time the Cats went on the road, they barely got by Drake. I'm not predicting them, but there's no use calling out people for predicting against your favorite team any given game.

Walkon79
September 24th, 2012, 01:35 PM
It's simply a prediction. Is Montana State a 100% favorite to win on the road against Southern Utah? If you think they're any less than 100%, then allow people to predict against them. You don't have to be the better team to win a home football game. Just have to be the better team on that day, and the last time the Cats went on the road, they barely got by Drake. I'm not predicting them, but there's no use calling out people for predicting against your favorite team any given game.

I had this marked as a potential "L" before the season started. If we're healthy on defense and DMac and Cody keep rolling we win. But anything can happen on the road.

Walkon79
September 24th, 2012, 01:36 PM
I just happen to think we have too many weapons and SUU won't be able to slow us down.

MSUBobcat
September 24th, 2012, 02:09 PM

It probably has less to do with hate and more to do with the fact that this is far from a "gimme". A decent team, at home no less, can and does beat a more talented team on occasion. It seems to me there's an expression for this.... maybe a website with the same name that we are all familiar with. Seems like I should remember it... Oh yeah, it's ANY GIVEN SATURDAY!!! xlolx

Walkon79
September 24th, 2012, 05:53 PM
It probably has less to do with hate and more to do with the fact that this is far from a "gimme". A decent team, at home no less, can and does beat a more talented team on occasion. It seems to me there's an expression for this.... maybe a website with the same name that we are all familiar with. Seems like I should remember it... Oh yeah, it's ANY GIVEN SATURDAY!!! xlolx

xlolxxlolx

bobcathpdevil56
September 24th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Also, secondary has seemed pretty suspect at times. They need to step up and play a great game to make sure we leave with a win

MSUBobcat
September 24th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Also, secondary has seemed pretty suspect at times. They need to step up and play a great game to make sure we leave with a win

SFA comes to mind....xsmhx It does help that we have Daly and Bignell back for pass rush. Minter would be huge. Schreibeis has been playing well also.

MTfan4life
September 24th, 2012, 07:16 PM
SFA comes to mind....xsmhx It does help that we have Daly and Bignell back for pass rush. Minter would be huge. Schreibeis has been playing well also.

Drake comes to mind with the secondary issues too. I couldn't believe their quarterback put up over 300 on you guys. Luckily you guys had the non-conference schedule equivalent to what we had in 2007. 3 out of MSU's next four opponents have lethal passing attacks (EWU, UND, & SUU). Definitely the time for your pass defense to prove its worth!

MSUBobcat
September 24th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Drake comes to mind with the secondary issues too. I couldn't believe their quarterback put up over 300 on you guys. Luckily you guys had the non-conference schedule equivalent to what we had in 2007. 3 out of MSU's next four opponents have lethal passing attacks (EWU, UND, & SUU). Definitely the time for your pass defense to prove its worth!

Agreed (though Drake passed for over 300 against ISU-b also). Without some key DL personnel, combined with poor secondary play, the passing game has been ripe for the picking for opponents. This week will be a big test and any Cat fan who isn't a little worried has not been paying attention.

bobcathpdevil56
September 24th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Agreed (though Drake passed for over 300 against ISU-b also). Without some key DL personnel, combined with poor secondary play, the passing game has been ripe for the picking for opponents. This week will be a big test and any Cat fan who isn't a little worried has not been paying attention.

But, my comfort is how well #9 has been finding ways to win games. He willed the Cats to a few wins this year and I am sure he will keep it going

MSUBobcat
September 24th, 2012, 08:36 PM
But, my comfort is how well #9 has been finding ways to win games. He willed the Cats to a few wins this year and I am sure he will keep it going

I only said "a little worried". xsmiley_wix The offense has been lights out lately and with the DL getting healthier by the week, it can only help the pass defense.

coover
September 25th, 2012, 03:07 AM
Can Cal Poly's defense stop North Dakota's offense? North Dakota's offense should improve slightly with the addition of Hanson, but Poly's defense should also increase with the addition of Millard.

Can North Dakota's defense stop Cal Poly's offense? Broadous, Williams and company can put on quite a show. By the way, I think the "trick plays" they put on against Davis is fair warning that the North Dakota defensive backfield should continue to lay back deep when Poly runs wide or they will give up a cheap 6 points. Of course that means if the defensive ends cannot contain the wide sweeps, Poly just gets additional yards on those plays.

I have a feeling this is going to be a high scoring game!

coover
September 25th, 2012, 03:09 AM
Can Cal Poly's defense stop North Dakota's offense? North Dakota's offense should improve slightly with the addition of Hanson, but Poly's defense should also increase with the addition of Millard.

Can North Dakota's defense stop Cal Poly's offense? Broadous, Williams and company can put on quite a show. By the way, I think the "trick plays" they put on against Davis is fair warning that the North Dakota defensive backfield should continue to lay back deep when Poly runs wide or they will give up a cheap 6 points. Of course that also means if the defensive ends cannot contain the wide sweeps, Poly just gets additional yards on those plays.

darell1976
September 25th, 2012, 08:39 AM

Can North Dakota's defense stop Cal Poly's offense? Broadous, Williams and company can put on quite a show. By the way, I think the "trick plays" they put on against Davis is fair warning that the North Dakota defensive backfield should continue to lay back deep when Poly runs wide or they will give up a cheap 6 points. Of course that also means if the defensive ends cannot contain the wide sweeps, Poly just gets additional yards on those plays.

Poly better watch out too. UND ran a double reverse pass against the Aztecs and got six points out of it. I think this is going to be a classic.

Walkon79
September 26th, 2012, 03:22 PM

It's all about the pass rush. BTW I don't think our secondary played that poorly against SFA. We missed a couple of assignments but also barely missed a couple of picks. Also had something to do with SFA's version of Elvis.