PDA

View Full Version : McNeese State @ Southeastern Louisiana

crossfire07
September 22nd, 2012, 06:46 PM
Beautiful evening in Hammond for a great night of football. Southeastern is looking for its first win and McNeese is looking to remain undefeated and stay atop of the SLC standings.

crossfire07
September 22nd, 2012, 09:06 PM
SELA scores with 3:26 left in the 3rd. 24-17 Cowboys.

crossfire07
September 22nd, 2012, 09:45 PM
2:39 left in the 4th, SELA scores td and 2 point conversion is good. 25-24 SELA

Jacked_Rabbit
September 22nd, 2012, 09:52 PM
An upset victory here by Southeastern makes SDSU dominating win over them last week look more impressive... Not rooting against McNeese or anything - just sayin.

crossfire07
September 22nd, 2012, 09:53 PM
And that's the game. Good job Lions.

crossfire07
September 22nd, 2012, 10:01 PM
An upset victory here by Southeastern makes SDSU dominating win over them last week look more impressive... Not rooting against McNeese or anything - just sayin.
They aren't the same team I saw in the highlites game against the rabbits. The conference race is getting interesting.

Twentysix
September 22nd, 2012, 10:57 PM
They aren't the same team I saw in the highlites game against the rabbits. The conference race is getting interesting.

Same thing happened to SHSU vs the Bison ;)

Mr. C
September 22nd, 2012, 11:47 PM
Surprised by this game, considering how well McNeese State had been playing and how bad SELU looked against Tennessee-Martin last week.

McNeese72
September 22nd, 2012, 11:56 PM
We have players dropping like flies every game, especially on defense. At this rate, we won't have any healthy players left to finish the season.

Geeze, this sucks!!!! All the injuries is making my good feeling about this season disappear.

Doc

lionsrking2
September 23rd, 2012, 12:54 AM
Surprised by this game, considering how well McNeese State had been playing and how bad SELU looked against Tennessee-Martin last week.

I would disagree that we looked "bad" vs a good UT-Martin team ... we didn't execute offensively and had something like 10 drops against them, but we stuffed them on D and could have easily won the game ... that said, we moved our offensive linemen back to their original positions for tonight's game vs McNeese and it paid off, especially in pass protection, and we dominated McNeese from midway through the 2nd quarter on ... our LB's and secondary are as good as anybody's and played like it tonight ... we're still struggling to run the ball, but committed to it just enough tonight ... we have a very good QB and our young WR's receivers really stepped up and made some big plays.

McNeese is very good, and definitely the second best team we played outside of Missouri, but we finally played like we're capable on both sides of the ball ... had we executed vs South Dakota State and UT-Martin like we did tonight, we'd be 3-1 right now.

lionsrking2
September 23rd, 2012, 12:59 AM
We have players dropping like flies every game, especially on defense. At this rate, we won't have any healthy players left to finish the season.

Geeze, this sucks!!!! All the injuries is making my good feeling about this season disappear.

Doc

We all have injuries ... we're a freakin' MASH unit right now, and have been since the end of fall camp, and it's certainly of test of depth at this point in the season ... that said, you guys have a great team and we're honored to be able to finally pull out a close one ... it was definitely another Lions/Cowboys classic ... still a lot of season left for both of us.

lionsrking2
September 23rd, 2012, 01:03 AM

Had we played the Rabbits like we played tonight, that score would have been reversed in all likelihood ... they're very solid and dominated us that night, but we were still trying to figure out where to line up ... we're a much different football team than a couple of weeks ago.

Mr. C
September 23rd, 2012, 02:06 AM
I would disagree that we looked "bad" vs a good UT-Martin team ... we didn't execute offensively and had something like 10 drops against them, but we stuffed them on D and could have easily won the game ... that said, we moved our offensive linemen back to their original positions for tonight's game vs McNeese and it paid off, especially in pass protection, and we dominated McNeese from midway through the 2nd quarter on ... our LB's and secondary are as good as anybody's and played like it tonight ... we're still struggling to run the ball, but committed to it just enough tonight ... we have a very good QB and our young WR's receivers really stepped up and made some big plays.

McNeese is very good, and definitely the second best team we played outside of Missouri, but we finally played like we're capable on both sides of the ball ... had we executed vs South Dakota State and UT-Martin like we did tonight, we'd be 3-1 right now.

I watched the game and very nearly decided to attend it (couldn't work out the logistics of having to be in Philly on Saturday morning). Getting beaten 23-0 was not a good result in any way, shape, or form. Drops indicate mistakes and if you make that many mistakes, you are going to get beat. I don't think anyone would have predicted a win over a ranked McNeese State team based on SELU's performance against UTM. UTM, BTW, missed a lot of opportunities in the first half to make that a much bigger blowout.

KUlawJack
September 23rd, 2012, 02:27 AM
Had we played the Rabbits like we played tonight, that score would have been reversed in all likelihood ... they're very solid and dominated us that night, but we were still trying to figure out where to line up ... we're a much different football team than a couple of weeks ago.

You serious Clark? The score would have been reversed?

Woulda, shoulda, coulda. Your defense was abysmal. Two weeks isn't changing that. I think Zenner just scored again in Hammond.

lionsrking2
September 23rd, 2012, 02:41 AM
I watched the game and very nearly decided to attend it (couldn't work out the logistics of having to be in Philly on Saturday morning). Getting beaten 23-0 was not a good result in any way, shape, or form. Drops indicate mistakes and if you make that many mistakes, you are going to get beat. I don't think anyone would have predicted a win over a ranked McNeese State team based on SELU's performance against UTM. UTM, BTW, missed a lot of opportunities in the first half to make that a much bigger blowout.

You didn't watch very closely ... The only opportunities UTM missed were two missed FGs that were set up by an INT and a failed fake punt from our own territory ... they didn't drive the ball at all. Only reason they scored in the first half was because we didn't cover their best WR on a hide out play that set them up point blank range ... we're a young team, adjusting to a new coaching staff and outside of laying the ball on the ground three times, and couple of dumb penalties, tonight is the first game we executed like we're capable ... of course rearranging the O-line back to their original positions helped a great deal ... we gave up zero sacks and they never really came close to pressuring our QB other than a time or two.

LIONFAN07
September 23rd, 2012, 08:39 AM
Great win for the Lions!!!!! Good luck to McNeese the rest of the season.

crossfire07
September 23rd, 2012, 12:28 PM
I have no idea how 2 threads got started on this.Sorry about that.

McNeese75
September 23rd, 2012, 09:09 PM
Congrats to the Lions on the win. You QB was lights out last night and the win was well deserved.

lionsrking2
September 23rd, 2012, 09:15 PM
Congrats to the Lions on the win. You QB was lights out last night and the win was well deserved.

Nathan Stanley played very well, then again, he's played well all year. The difference last night is we made the tough catches with very few drops ... I think we had 20 drops in the first three games with young, inexperienced WR corps ... they're getting better each week. We're also starting to figure it out on defense, with fewer and fewer mental busts. Cowboys will bounce back just fine.

McNeese72
September 23rd, 2012, 10:34 PM
Cowboys will bounce back just fine.

I hope so. But I'm worried about all the injuries we have had in the last two games. You can't lose a half a dozen or so DB's without it hurting the defense (haven't heard how many this week are gone for the year).

Malcolm Bronson has his surgery this Friday. I wish him well. I hate when seniors have season ending injuries.

Doc

lionsrking2
September 23rd, 2012, 10:46 PM
I hope so. But I'm worried about all the injuries we have had in the last two games. You can't lose a half a dozen or so DB's without it hurting the defense (haven't heard how many this week are gone for the year).

Malcolm Bronson has his surgery this Friday. I wish him well. I hate when seniors have season ending injuries.

Doc

You guys are still good, even with injuries ... no doubt you're better with all hands on deck but I don't think the drop off is that huge ... we're kinda in the same boat and have been patching things up here and there ... unfortunately, it's football.

Hate it for Malcolm Bronson ... he's one of the great players who doesn't come around very often at our level, and a shame his career has to end with a major injury ... no chance at all for a sixth year???

crossfire07
September 24th, 2012, 05:42 AM
I think the drop off is very huge. I was at the MTSU game and if that backfield plays for 4 qtrs Saturday night, our game isn't the same the 2nd half but it is what it is.

LIONFAN07
September 24th, 2012, 09:25 AM
I think McNeese will bounce back. Way to many senior leaders on that team and Coach Viator is a a good coach. I know you have injuries but everybody does. I thought some guys that had to step up when guys went down played ok. I think Northwestern could be walking into a tough game next week against a mad McNeese team in LC. I like the Cowboys to win big next week.

RabidRabbit
September 24th, 2012, 09:43 AM
IMHO, Jackrabbits have a shut down D, an O line that is blowing D-lines off running lanes, and a speedy/powerful RB that once he breaks thru is generally gone. In St. was the first D that prevented a TD (stopped at the 4 after an 60 yd gain) by Zenner on a break away. Congrats to SE LA on the McNeese W, but IMHO Jacks would win 8 of 10 games vs Lions this season.