ODU vs GSU
Stoney Brook vs Towson winner vs 1) Sam Houston State

Wofford vs James Madison
Bethune Cookman vs Lehigh winner vs 4) Citadel

EKU vs Youngstown State
Albany vs New Hampshire winner vs 2) North Dakota State

E. Washington vs N. Iowa
Montana vs McNeese State winner vs 3) Montana State

This weeks bubble teams - Ill State, Indiana State, SFA, Jaxville State, ASU, Samford, Maine, Delaware, Cal Poly, Coastal Carolina, Norfolk State, SC State, C. Arkansas

gotts
September 18th, 2012, 01:03 PM
The only comment I would make is that I don't foresee EKU moving to the 2nd round, they would most likely be in the play-in round.

WileECoyote06
September 18th, 2012, 01:07 PM
If Stony Brook and Albany once again find themselves in the opening round, they will be slotted against each other. Last year's results don't matter to the committee. Same thing for Towson and Lehigh.

You think EKU will play its way into the round of 12 without another OVC school receiving a bid? Lehigh did it last year, but they only had one loss.

Twentysix
September 18th, 2012, 01:08 PM
How teh fook is SHSU a #1 seed when they have 0 DI wins at the start of week 4?

At best they go 9-1, this is ofc assuming they beat Texas A and M.

I just don't see an 8 DI win team getting the #1 seed.

Has it ever happened? Has a team with 8 DI wins gotten the #1 overall seed in the history of the FCS playoffs?

McNeese75
September 18th, 2012, 01:14 PM
SHSU will not get the #1 seed strictly based on their schedule (They will probably have at least 2 losses at the end)

Twentysix
September 18th, 2012, 01:15 PM
SHSU will not get the #1 seed strictly based on their schedule (They will probably have at least 2 losses at the end)

Thats what I am saying. I don't see how its possible for SHSU to walk away with the #1 seed. Perhaps if they didn't schedule down a division and/or also beat one of the two FBS teams.

Twentysix
September 18th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Barring a meltdown im betting on YSU or NDSU for the #1 seed.

McNeese75
September 18th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Barring a meltdown im betting on YSU or NDSU for the #1 seed.

Pretty good bet at this time.

Fear the Bird
September 18th, 2012, 01:39 PM
I think a 5th CAA team should atleast be in your bubble group, Delaware or Maine, take your pick.

MTfan4life
September 18th, 2012, 01:47 PM
The only comment I would make is that I don't foresee EKU moving to the 2nd round, they would most likely be in the play-in round.

You gotta remember. The committee seems to have a higher opinion of the OVC than the general consensus of FCS fans. Eastern Kentucky got in last year when no one thought they would. Two years ago, two teams from the OVC received byes into the second round.

Go Apps
September 18th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Right now I think there about 20 teams on that bubble and things will not get clearer for several weeks

GoAgs72
September 18th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Right now I think there about 20 teams on that bubble and things will not get clearer for several weeks

Yes

UAalum72
September 18th, 2012, 03:57 PM
If Stony Brook and Albany once again find themselves in the opening round, they will be slotted against each other. Last year's results don't matter to the committee. Same thing for Towson and Lehigh. Not necessarily. Albany-Lehigh is only 8 miles farther and actually 15 minutes faster than Albany-Stony Brook. And either SBU or LU could end up with a bye anyway.

Or Stony Brook could play Lehigh and Albany travel to New Hampshire.

katstrapper
September 18th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Already starting... Everyone holding their breath that SHSU trips up again.....

Kats run the table to Tx A&M game. If they upset Aggies, #1 seed could be on horizon. If not, no better than #2. Honestly I dont see Kats better than #2 at best.

Also, its only week four so sitting here a predicting playoff pairings is ridiculous. A ton of football left to play!! Strike this conversation up in Week 7 or 8.

crossfire07
September 18th, 2012, 04:45 PM

I think they will end the season with 3 losses.Getting through conference 1 year without any bumps is great but getting through 2 is pushing it.

Nickels
September 18th, 2012, 06:40 PM
I think they will end the season with 3 losses.Getting through conference 1 year without any bumps is great but getting through 2 is pushing it.
They would really have to slip up big time and have some major injuries to many players. Basically the same team that beat everyone in the conference by 21+ is back and improved with more depth. I'm sure some of the games will be closer this year but I feel it is Sams conference to lose. I'll be alot more confident after this weekends game in Conway. We should have the biggest SHSU crowd of the year against SFA in reliant, a game we should be able to handle. The McNeese game will be the only meaningful home game for Sam this year, they'll be ready to play. I predict a attendance record that game also. After that its pretty much coasting to A&M time besides taking care of the Demons.

ekufbfan
September 18th, 2012, 06:58 PM
You gotta remember. The committee seems to have a higher opinion of the OVC than the general consensus of FCS fans. Eastern Kentucky got in last year when no one thought they would. Two years ago, two teams from the OVC received byes into the second round.

Here we go, the season is only 3 weeks old and it's time to bash EKU again. BTW, EKU, the program that has more playoff appearences than most other teams on this board. xcoffeex

danefan
September 18th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Here we go, the season is only 3 weeks old and it's time to bash EKU again. BTW, EKU, the program that has more playoff losses than most other teams on this board. xcoffeex

FIFY. ;)

SeattleGriz
September 18th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Already starting... Everyone holding their breath that SHSU trips up again.....

Kats run the table to Tx A&M game. If they upset Aggies, #1 seed could be on horizon. If not, no better than #2. Honestly I dont see Kats better than #2 at best.

Also, its only week four so sitting here a predicting playoff pairings is ridiculous. A ton of football left to play!! Strike this conversation up in Week 7 or 8.

Nobody is holding their breath. Everyone just knows how the system works. SHSU had to play two FBS teams and those losses will hurt their seeding chances.

McNeese75
September 18th, 2012, 10:45 PM
They would really have to slip up big time and have some major injuries to many players. Basically the same team that beat everyone in the conference by 21+ is back and improved with more depth. I'm sure some of the games will be closer this year but I feel it is Sams conference to lose. I'll be alot more confident after this weekends game in Conway. We should have the biggest SHSU crowd of the year against SFA in reliant, a game we should be able to handle. The McNeese game will be the only meaningful home game for Sam this year, they'll be ready to play. I predict a attendance record that game also. After that its pretty much coasting to A&M time besides taking care of the Demons.

No jinx intended but last year the Kats went thru the season avoiding the injury bug. A couple of bad bites from that critter and things go south in a hurry. Based on the final result of the BU game, I doubt seriously you will slip one over on A&M. SHSU is without a doubt the conference favorite but there are at least three teams in the league that could catch fire and end that 9-2 prediction in a hurry.

Jazzman1522
September 18th, 2012, 11:16 PM
FIFY. ;)

Hey, at least we get there enough to be able to make that claim.

MTfan4life
September 19th, 2012, 12:37 AM
Here we go, the season is only 3 weeks old and it's time to bash EKU again. BTW, EKU, the program that has more playoff appearences than most other teams on this board. xcoffeex

Dude, I wasn't bashing EKU. Stop complaining like the world is against you. As you see here:

I was only pointing out that it was a major surprise for most people when Eastern Kentucky got in instead of Illinois State. Nothing in there said EKU was overrated, just the fact that people on AGS didn't think they'd get in, but the committee thought otherwise. Take a chill pill.

MTfan4life
September 19th, 2012, 01:10 AM
In other news...my stab at things:

1. James Madison
@Lehigh
Norfolk State

@Old Dominion
The Citadel

5. Eastern Washington
Illinois State

@Stony Brook
Duquesne

4. Youngstown State

3. Sam Houston State
@Delaware
Wofford

@Georgia Southern
Montana State

@Montana
McNeese State

@Eastern Kentucky
Cal Poly

2. North Dakota State

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 19th, 2012, 03:02 AM
Wow, hard to see JMU running the CAA table AND getting all the things to fall in place such that neither YSU nor NDSU get the #1 seed.

JMU suffered some injuries, the worst was to Brown, arguably our best WR who is gone for the season with a torn ACL. Our lines are holding up well, but still not playing to the level deserving of a #1 seed. If we can get/stay healthy through the rest of the season, anything is possible, but I doubt it. 3-4 seed is most realistic for JMU. The team is confident, has senior leadership, but gets a bit overhyped as was seen in the first half against Alcorn St. and WVU.

I'll offer my shot at it here in a minute.

MTfan4life
September 19th, 2012, 03:13 AM
Wow, hard to see JMU running the CAA table AND getting all the things to fall in place such that neither YSU nor NDSU get the #1 seed.

JMU suffered some injuries, the worst was to Brown, arguably our best WR who is gone for the season with a torn ACL. Our lines are holding up well, but still not playing to the level deserving of a #1 seed. If we can get/stay healthy through the rest of the season, anything is possible, but I doubt it. 3-4 seed is most realistic for JMU. The team is confident, has senior leadership, but gets a bit overhyped as was seen in the first half against Alcorn St. and WVU.

I'll offer my shot at it here in a minute.

My proj has them running the table and both YSU and NDSU finishing with one loss. JMU's conference schedule definitely works in their favor with Delaware and New Hampshire absent from it and the games against Towson and ODU are both at home. I like their chances with that schedule.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 19th, 2012, 03:37 AM
Yeah that's what a lot of us JMU fans thought too, but we are all a bit worried after the first couple weeks. We still all feel confident about making the playoffs, just running the table seems like a stretch right now. I hope you're right though. I really don't think the CAA is as good as it was a few years ago.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 19th, 2012, 03:48 AM
WEST BRACKET

1. NDSU

Cal Poly
Montana

Eastern Illinois

Eastern Washington

5. The Citadel

Bethune-Cookman

4. Montana State

Illinois State
Central Arkansas

EAST BRACKET

2. Sam Houston St.

Albany
Lehigh

Stony Brook

Youngstown St.

Wofford

JMU

Georgia Southern
UNH

3. ODU

Jazzman1522
September 19th, 2012, 08:43 AM
WEST BRACKET

1. NDSU

Cal Poly
Montana

Eastern Illinois

Eastern Washington

5. The Citadel

Bethune-Cookman

4. Montana State

Illinois State
Central Arkansas

EAST BRACKET

2. Sam Houston St.

Albany
Lehigh

Stony Brook

Youngstown St.

Wofford

JMU

Georgia Southern
UNH

3. ODU

Bold prediction picking Eastern Illinois to come out of the OVC. They've struggled pretty badly these last few years, but they have looked pretty good early this season.

Twentysix
September 19th, 2012, 11:26 AM
So an 11-0 NDSU/YSU and a 10-1 YSU/NDSU #1 and #2 seeds!

Has the same conference ever taken seed #1 and seed #2?

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 19th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Bold prediction picking Eastern Illinois to come out of the OVC. They've struggled pretty badly these last few years, but they have looked pretty good early this season.

Yes, it is bold, no question about it. I have liked them from the beginning of the season. They beat an average SIU team. They lost in OT, but against a very good Ill St. team that I expect to see in the playoffs. EKU and Jacksonville St. will give them a run for their money, but I think EIU turned a corner this year. Maybe I am one year away, but it's fun to speculate especially so early. To pick all the favorites is... well, boring. xpeacex

crossfire07
September 19th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Well, teams do just that, they slip up. coast? Lol OK. It is a long fall from that cloud your on. I look forward to playing a game at Sam when the stadium isn't just a 1/4 full.

Silenoz
September 19th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Sammy ain't getting a top 2 seed with 8 or less DI wins

dbackjon
September 19th, 2012, 03:30 PM
ODU vs GSU
Stoney Brook vs Towson winner vs 1) Sam Houston State

Wofford vs James Madison
Bethune Cookman vs Lehigh winner vs 4) Citadel

EKU vs Youngstown State
Albany vs New Hampshire winner vs 2) North Dakota State

E. Washington vs N. Iowa
Montana vs McNeese State winner vs 3) Montana State

This weeks bubble teams - Ill State, Indiana State, SFA, Jaxville State, ASU, Samford, Maine, Delaware, Cal Poly, Coastal Carolina, Norfolk State, SC State, C. Arkansas

Three Big Sky teams, all crammed in the same bracket

Four CAA teams, spread over three brackets.

CID1990
September 19th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Way too much football left to play to know if El CID is a playoff team yet, much less a seeded playoff team.

Nickels
September 19th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Well, teams do just that, they slip up. coast? Lol OK. It is a long fall from that cloud your on. I look forward to playing a game at Sam when the stadium isn't just a 1/4 full.They absolutely do slip and there is a decent chance for that to happen but until then I think it obvious they are the clear favorite. No offense to SELA or Lamar but playing them this year is coasting. I look forward to the Kats rushing for nearly 250 yards again against McNeese with a 6.5 yard per carry average. xblehx See you Homecoming.

ekufbfan
September 19th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Dude, I wasn't bashing EKU. Stop complaining like the world is against you. As you see here:

I was only pointing out that it was a major surprise for most people when Eastern Kentucky got in instead of Illinois State. Nothing in there said EKU was overrated, just the fact that people on AGS didn't think they'd get in, but the committee thought otherwise. Take a chill pill.

Are you kidding me? Dude? Chill pill? Are you 10?

crossfire07
September 19th, 2012, 05:19 PM
They absolutely do slip and there is a decent chance for that to happen but until then I think it obvious they are the clear favorite. No offense to SELA or Lamar but playing them this year is coasting. I look forward to the Kats rushing for nearly 250 yards again against McNeese with a 6.5 yard per carry average. xblehx See you Homecoming.
When they coast into a brick wall, you just make sure you show your *** up here the next morning so we can read your excuses.It will happen.Being confident about your team is one thing but you newbies that come on here and are all arrogant ALWAYS get their day.Like I said, you are going to fall hard from that cloud.It will be one of those teams like Lamar or Southeastern that will end up stomping a mudhole in your ***.History has proven that time and time again.I am sure there are quite a few on this board that have stories of the game their team was supposed to COAST through but instead got wh00ped.

Nickels
September 19th, 2012, 05:38 PM
If we lose to Lamar or SELA I will literally eat crow.

Professor Chaos
September 19th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Are you kidding me? Dude? Chill pill? Are you 10?
Is this better?

http://i55.tinypic.com/25a3e3o.jpg

crossfire07
September 19th, 2012, 05:59 PM
If we lose to Lamar or SELA I will literally eat crow.

I can all but promise you the guys around here will be feeding you more than crow.There won't be a rock big enough in Texas for you to hide under.Seems like everyone has a cache of statements made by people putting their team on a pedastal, saving them for that special time.

crossfire07
September 19th, 2012, 06:09 PM
We are on a quest to remain undefeated as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj5pB2Y_8WI&feature=relmfu

Nickels
September 19th, 2012, 06:57 PM
I can all but promise you the guys around here will be feeding you more than crow.There won't be a rock big enough in Texas for you to hide under.Seems like everyone has a cache of statements made by people putting their team on a pedastal, saving them for that special time.
Geez, whats with the hostility? Just because I'm cocky doesn't mean the team will overlook anyone. Hopefully you show up at Bowers a month from now to watch Flanders run all over your D again.

ElCid
September 19th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Way too much football left to play to know if El CID is a playoff team yet, much less a seeded playoff team.
So true. A "serious" slap down by NC State, another Wofford embarrassment, and either Chatty, Samford or Furman (or more than one) sneeking up and kicking us are distinct possibilities...and then we are nothing but a bubble team with memories of grandeur.

CID1990
September 19th, 2012, 08:12 PM
So true. A "serious" slap down by NC State, another Wofford embarrassment, and either Chatty, Samford or Furman (or more than one) sneeking up and kicking us are distinct possibilities...and then we are nothing but a bubble team with memories of grandeur.

Yep. Right now I worry about Chatty. I almost want us to lose to State so there's no hangover. Almost.

ElCid
September 19th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Yep. Right now I worry about Chatty. I almost want us to lose to State so there's no hangover. Almost.

Yeah, I know what you mean, however, it appears that one thing the coaches (or the team as a whole) are doing well is keeping everyone focused and undistracted by the success. At least so far. I think we could chance a victory:D

CID1990
September 19th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean, however, it appears that one thing the coaches (or the team as a whole) are doing well is keeping everyone focused and undistracted by the success. At least so far. I think we could chance a victory:D

Really the only good thing that could come out of a victory over State is that we get another D-I win that counts toward playoff eligibility. I would rather win out in the SoCon and lose to State, than beat State and drop a SoCon game. I just worry about our kids. Half of our big barn of running backs have suffered some kind of injury in the past.

I know what you mean about the focus, though. They went into KBS like they owned the place. They knew they were going to win. I haven't seen that kind of confidence since 1992.

Seawolf97
September 19th, 2012, 08:26 PM
In other news...my stab at things:

1. James Madison
@Lehigh
Norfolk State

@Old Dominion
The Citadel

5. Eastern Washington
Illinois State

@Stony Brook
Duquesne

4. Youngstown State

3. Sam Houston State
@Delaware
Wofford

@Georgia Southern
Montana State

@Montana
McNeese State

@Eastern Kentucky
Cal Poly

2. North Dakota State

I dont see Albany losing the NEC unless the wheels come off due to a host of injuries which would suck. So maybe another match-up with the Danes in November. Then again we have to win the Big South-LOL

ElCid
September 19th, 2012, 08:48 PM
I just worry about our kids. Half of our big barn of running backs have suffered some kind of injury in the past.

Everyone always forgets this, including me. We do have some depth at certain positions, but a couple of untimely defensive injuries could open us up wide(r), just in time for the SOCON stretch. And knowing the Cid mentality, they would keep pushing regardless of the injury danger.

MTfan4life
September 20th, 2012, 04:13 AM
I dont see Albany losing the NEC unless the wheels come off due to a host of injuries which would suck. So maybe another match-up with the Danes in November. Then again we have to win the Big South-LOL

My thought is, Albany has to go to Duquesne. That early November game could be for the auto bid. I like the home team in that one.

ekufbfan
September 23rd, 2012, 05:46 AM
Is this better?

http://i55.tinypic.com/25a3e3o.jpg

YOU are 10! Why are you involved......oh, yes NDSU fan, on here constantly, pathetic message board troll.

danefan
September 23rd, 2012, 07:49 AM
My thought is, Albany has to go to Duquesne. That early November game could be for the auto bid. I like the home team in that one.

Still like Duquesne? Albany has proven long road trips aren't an issue.

MTfan4life
September 23rd, 2012, 08:03 AM
Still like Duquesne? Albany has proven long road trips aren't an issue.

Lol, yes. One win doesn't prove a season. Nice try though. If you have a problem with my predictions, please post your own so I can find ways to complain about them. It's just one man's honest prediction. I'm sorry that everyone on the planet isn't under the impression that Albany is better than the New York Giants. I'll have Albany ranked, but my season long prediction isn't going to change because of a road win over Maine. Heck, Central Arkansas beat #2 Sam Houston State and I still predict them to stumble against Stephen F. Austin. Hopefully I don't get UCA fans trolling me now because of that prediction too. xlolx

danefan
September 23rd, 2012, 08:57 AM
Lol, yes. One win doesn't prove a season. Nice try though. If you have a problem with my predictions, please post your own so I can find ways to complain about them. It's just one man's honest prediction. I'm sorry that everyone on the planet isn't under the impression that Albany is better than the New York Giants. I'll have Albany ranked, but my season long prediction isn't going to change because of a road win over Maine. Heck, Central Arkansas beat #2 Sam Houston State and I still predict them to stumble against Stephen F. Austin. Hopefully I don't get UCA fans trolling me now because of that prediction too. xlolx

I don't waste my time doing playoff predictions in week 4. Posting my own isn't a prerequisite to picking apart yours. You posted them, take the criticism or don't post them.

Your point was that Albany would get beat at Duquesne because of the road trip (e.g. home field advantage).

Albany is 2-3 scores better than Duquesne on the road at Duquesne.

MTfan4life
September 23rd, 2012, 09:11 AM
I don't waste my time doing playoff predictions in week 4. Posting my own isn't a prerequisite to picking apart yours. You posted them, take the criticism or don't post them.

Your point was that Albany would get beat at Duquesne because of the road trip (e.g. home field advantage).

Albany is 2-3 scores better than Duquesne on the road at Duquesne.

Well I guess we'll just see come that time. Maybe my prediction will change towards the way of the most underrated team ever or maybe it will stay with Duquesne. We'll see.

danefan
September 23rd, 2012, 09:59 AM
Well I guess we'll just see come that time. Maybe my prediction will change towards the way of the most underrated team ever or maybe it will stay with Duquesne. We'll see.

That we will. A lot can happen between now and then.

Engineer86
September 23rd, 2012, 10:53 AM
That we will. A lot can happen between now and then.

Just based on the big Maine win, Monmouth is a dangerous game. Monmouth has some talented players. Having that game at home helps to offset that concern.

After all Monmouth did only lose to Lehigh by 10.xrolleyesxxcoffeex