PDA

View Full Version : Payouts from Big 12 schools to I-AA opponents

El_Cid_99
July 25th, 2006, 02:00 PM
In case anyone was curious as to just how much us I-AA schools are getting this season...

Big 12 schools will play 11 I-AA opponents in nonconference games this season. The breakdown in game contracts that each Big 12 school is paying to its I-AA foe to be the visiting team:

I-AA team Big 12 opponent Game contract
SE Louisiana Texas Tech $200,000
Northwestern State Baylor $215,000
Murray State Missouri $250,000
Northwestern State Kansas $275,000
Montana State Colorado $285,000
Sam Houston State Texas $300,000
Northern Iowa Iowa State $300,000
Illinois State Kansas State $300,000
Missouri State Oklahoma State $300,000
Nicholls State Nebraska $350,000
The Citadel Texas A&M $400,000 :thumbsup:

BusinessEagle
July 25th, 2006, 02:15 PM
While at the SoCon Rouser, can your AD give Georgia Southern's AD a class in "Negotiating I-A Payouts 101"? We are playing Georgia in 2008 for LESS than what SE Louisiana is getting from Texas Tech this year.

GeauxColonels
July 25th, 2006, 02:16 PM
In case anyone was curious as to just how much us I-AA schools are getting this season...

Big 12 schools will play 11 I-AA opponents in nonconference games this season. The breakdown in game contracts that each Big 12 school is paying to its I-AA foe to be the visiting team:

I-AA team Big 12 opponent Game contract
SE Louisiana Texas Tech $200,000
Northwestern State Baylor $215,000
Murray State Missouri $250,000
Northwestern State Kansas $275,000
Montana State Colorado $285,000
Sam Houston State Texas $300,000
Northern Iowa Iowa State $300,000
Illinois State Kansas State $300,000
Missouri State Oklahoma State $300,000
Nicholls State Nebraska $350,000
The Citadel Texas A&M $400,000 :thumbsup:
We can DEFINITELY use the $$$!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Let's see....about half will go towards paying medical bills and to replace equipment destroyed after the game....that leaves $175,000 for fun! I hope we don't spend it all in one place!

But in all seriousness, I know that Nicholls State can DEFINITELY use the funds for equipment and everyday stuff. I hope they're getting this program on the right track and looking to make considerable investments in all the athletics teams at the school. Heck, someday, before I die, I may even see a NICE playing surface in John L. Guidry Stadium! :eek: :eek: :hurray:

GeauxColonels
July 25th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Oh yeah, just curious, but what is your source for this data?

El_Cid_99
July 26th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Sorry, I can't remember where I found it. But try the newspaper's site.

89Hen
July 26th, 2006, 11:45 AM
can your AD give Georgia Southern's AD a class in "Negotiating I-A Payouts 101"?
There's actually something to be said for that. It's been a while since GSU has played a I-A other than UGA (1999 Oregon State) while El Cid has played: ATM, Pitt, FSU, Ole Miss, Auburn, Duke, Maryland, LSU, Wyoming, GT, Clemson and Vandy. They actually DO have a lot of experience negotiating I-A games. It also helps that they're playing one of the top public endowment schools in the country (ATM system is #3 public). :nod:

Grizzaholic
July 26th, 2006, 11:50 AM
This might be off topic; but, What is the most a 1-A school has paid to play a 1-AA school?

BearsCountry
July 26th, 2006, 12:03 PM
This might be off topic; but, What is the most a 1-A school has paid to play a 1-AA school?

I heard it was whatever Iowa is paying you guys.

89Hen
July 26th, 2006, 12:09 PM
I heard it was whatever Iowa is paying you guys.
:nod: $650,000... that was the first one I've ever heard over $500,000.

BTW, great article about it here....

http://www.journalnet.com/articles/2006/05/14/sports/sports01.txt

Cap'n Cat
July 26th, 2006, 12:25 PM
:nod: $650,000... that was the first one I've ever heard over $500,000.

He knew that.:eyebrow:

He's attended the Ronbo School Of Payout Braggadocio.

:p

Grizzaholic
July 26th, 2006, 12:31 PM
I didn't know, and I don't agree very often with Ronbo.

Ronbo
July 26th, 2006, 12:59 PM
He knew that.:eyebrow:

He's attended the Ronbo School Of Payout Braggadocio.

:p

Well I could go the way of the few Griz posters that haven't been driven off this board. I could be meek and apologetic about our program. I could tell everyone how many question marks and weaknesses we have. I could tell you how the Griz are rated way too high. I could praise the other teams in the BSC and tell you how scared and worried I am about them. I guess the weak meek Griz fans rule here. By the way Cap'n you're one of the most offensively mean posters out there. You have a compulsive hatred for YSU and hound them constantly.

No wonder the Griz posters have gone from a couple dozen to about 5-6 on this board. If you post anything positive you're bragging and get jumped on. You got to post negative **** about the Griz. I've noticed alot of GSU fans have left too, they got tired of the crap too.

catbob
July 26th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Well I could go the way of the few Griz posters that haven't been driven off this board. I could be meek and apologetic about our program. I could tell everyone how many question marks and weaknesses we have. I could tell you how the Griz are rated way too high. I could praise the other teams in the BSC and tell you how scared and worried I am about them. I guess the weak meek Griz fans rule here. By the way Cap'n you're one of the most offensively mean posters out there. You have a compulsive hatred for YSU and hound them constantly.

No wonder the Griz posters have gone from a couple dozen to about 5-6 on this board. If you post anything positive you're bragging and get jumped on. You got to post negative **** about the Griz. I've noticed alot of GSU fans have left too, they got tired of the crap too.

Maybe they all got tired of you. I know I sure usually skip your posts, just happened to read this one for some silly reason.

89Hen
July 26th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Well I could go the way of the few Griz posters that haven't been driven off this board. I could be meek and apologetic about our program. I could tell everyone how many question marks and weaknesses we have. I could tell you how the Griz are rated way too high. I could praise the other teams in the BSC and tell you how scared and worried I am about them. I guess the weak meek Griz fans rule here.
:eyebrow: Better than the opposite...

I tell everyone how few question marks and weaknesses we have. I tell you how the Griz are rated way too low. I insult the other teams in the BSC and tell you I am not scared and worried about them.

mainejeff
July 26th, 2006, 01:57 PM
We can DEFINITELY use the $$$!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Let's see....about half will go towards paying medical bills and to replace equipment destroyed after the game....that leaves $175,000 for fun! I hope we don't spend it all in one place!

But in all seriousness, I know that Nicholls State can DEFINITELY use the funds for equipment and everyday stuff. I hope they're getting this program on the right track and looking to make considerable investments in all the athletics teams at the school. Heck, someday, before I die, I may even see a NICE playing surface in John L. Guidry Stadium! :eek: :eek: :hurray:

Maine got a similar payout from the Huskers and gave them a game to boot. :thumbsup:

Cap'n Cat
July 26th, 2006, 02:52 PM

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

LMAO @ Youngstown!!!

Ron, look over your last one thousand posts and count how many of them deal with money, somehow. All's I was sayin'........

BTW, I don't tangle with GSU folks and haven't seen any decline in their numbers, certainly not due to me.

Quitcher whinin'...

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Proud Griz Man
July 26th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Somehow this thread got Phoooked up badly. Was it not about 1-AA payday games versus our non-playoff brothers? :smiley_wi

Gil Dobie
July 26th, 2006, 03:04 PM
NDSU is playing Iowa St in 2009, probably be in the $300,000 range.