PDA

View Full Version : Death of a dynasty

Pages : [1] 2

chattownmocs
September 17th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Oh how poetic. Some may even call it romantic. It is often the dream of the dying to be laid to rest at the very place of their birth. To forever rest at the origin of it all, where so many fond memories abound. This is the case of the app state dynasty. Max finley stadium, the site of app states fondest memories will also serve as a tomb.

So drink it in appys. Remember the good times in this majestic palace. Oh yes. Because it is about to become a house of horrors.

catamount man
September 17th, 2012, 08:46 PM
oh my.........this is gonna be good. Pass the popcorn!

CID1990
September 17th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Lol the only thing that is going to end this weekend is your presence on AGS

T-Dog
September 17th, 2012, 09:06 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/346/969638-cool_story__bro_super.jpg

Did you read my article yet?

www.yosefscabin.com/tpoeef

bobcathpdevil56
September 17th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Wow did that floor some App fans? One comment in 40 mins

frozennorth
September 17th, 2012, 09:20 PM
that LOTR speech seems appropriate here.

Saint3333
September 17th, 2012, 09:27 PM
The sad part is should UTC win it would be their most celebrated victory since the 80's.

How would a loss to UTC signal the death when Citadel just beat us by 22?

Ivytalk
September 17th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Nothing restores a staggering dynasty like a visit by Chatty!

SpeedkingATL
September 17th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Most App fans will admit that the "dynasty" ended in 2008 or at the very least last year with no SoCon title and only 8 wins.

344Johnson
September 17th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Most App fans will admit that the "dynasty" ended in 2008 or at the very least last year with no SoCon title and only 8 wins.

The Age Of App.....is over.
The Age of the Chatty has begun.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-hwaOrieskFE/UBikuWnaOHI/AAAAAAAAFTk/EN5fu0iT4oo/s1600/Return+Age+of+the+Orc+edit.jpg

eagle07
September 17th, 2012, 10:23 PM
" Oh how poetic. Some may even call it romantic. It is often the dream of the dying to be laid to rest at the very place of their birth. To forever rest at the origin of it all, where so many fond memories abound. This is the case of the app state dynasty. Max finley stadium, the site of app states fondest memories will also serve as a tomb.

So drink it in appys. Remember the good times in this majestic palace. Oh yes. Because it is about to become a house of horrors."

http://fiz-x.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/best-of-drunk-baby-meme-funny3.jpg

BisonBacker
September 17th, 2012, 11:49 PM
xpopcornx

BucBisonAtLarge
September 18th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Rise, vanquisher of Glenville State, assume the mantle... destiny has your name inscribed... somewhere...

ElonFirefighter
September 18th, 2012, 06:24 AM
xpopcornxxpopcornxxpopcornx this is going to be good.

Gringer1
September 18th, 2012, 08:20 AM
It's easy for people like him to talk all that trash. If they win, he shows up to gloat. If they lose, he simply disappears and never has to face his humiliating admission of fault. Kind of like a certain Furman man guaranteeing domination. Has anybody seen him lately?

Apphole
September 18th, 2012, 08:28 AM
that LOTR speech seems appropriate here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXGUNvIFTQw

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2012, 08:37 AM
It's easy for people like him to talk all that trash. If they win, he shows up to gloat. If they lose, he simply disappears and never has to face his humiliating admission of fault. Kind of like a certain Furman man guaranteeing domination. Has anybody seen him lately?

Yeah, I never post after Chattanooga loses. False statement. It seems that the reality is that none of you say anything when Chattanooga plays well, but if they don't you are all over it. Amazing how that works.

Eaglesrus
September 18th, 2012, 08:39 AM

Or shows up to go on and on about how his team actually won the game, no matter what the scoreboard said.

Apphole
September 18th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Yeah, I never post after Chattanooga loses. False statement. It seems that the reality is that none of you say anything when Chattanooga plays well, but if they don't you are all over it. Amazing how that works.

Amazing how you start the most epic meltdown thread of all time after losing to App and then disappear for 8 months after your next loss. I can't wait for the next meltdown on Sunday.

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Amazing how you start the most epic meltdown thread of all time after losing to App and then disappear for 8 months after your next loss. I can't wait for the next meltdown on Sunday.

But this never happened. That the funny part.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/search.php?searchid=36174&pp=&page=2

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 18th, 2012, 09:04 AM
OK, who helped chattown spell the word "Dynasty" while coming up with a thread title?

Its not like he or his program knows anything about the word.

xcoffeex

ASUMountaineer
September 18th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Oh how poetic. Some may even call it romantic. It is often the dream of the dying to be laid to rest at the very place of their birth. To forever rest at the origin of it all, where so many fond memories abound. This is the case of the app state dynasty. Max finley stadium, the site of app states fondest memories will also serve as a tomb.

So drink it in appys. Remember the good times in this majestic palace. Oh yes. Because it is about to become a house of horrors.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'S BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!

This could be epic, especially if ASU wins...AGAIN.

GlassOnion
September 18th, 2012, 09:21 AM
With Shattown's betting record, I'd be more worried if he had picked App to win.

Apphole
September 18th, 2012, 09:25 AM
But this never happened. That the funny part.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/search.php?searchid=36174&pp=&page=2

Dead link. Trying to link to this?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?94203-If-any-team-has-ever-been-lucky-to-win-a-game

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 18th, 2012, 09:28 AM
After reading that thread, I am convinced that chattmoc is a chick or a really confused soccer fan. Either way that bitch needs to make us some sandwiches.

Waco Kid
September 18th, 2012, 09:35 AM
I wonder if Chattown will rush the field after beating a team with a losing record? If the Apps win we'll have to put him on suicide watch for the next 364 days.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 18th, 2012, 09:44 AM
There is ZERO chance that App St loses to a team like that................especially after the beatdown last weekend from the Citadel. App St will be ready to make somebody pay.

theasushow
September 18th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Pretty sure the dynasty ended when we had our ****s handed to us in the 2008 Richmond playoff game. After what happened last week, a loss at UTC will not be suprising. Had we won last week and then lost to UTC then maybe UTC could gloat a little...but sorry, The Citadel beat you to it. If this season goes down the drain and we do end up losing to UTC then we will all look back at last week's game as the turning point.

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2012, 09:48 AM
There are many different reactions to impending death. Some resign themselves to it. Others wonder what actually caused it. Many fear it so much that they don't even want to talk about it. Some continue to be in denial until it is over.

None of this breed face it bravely and humbly.

gotts
September 18th, 2012, 09:50 AM
There are many different reactions to impending death. Some resign themselves to it. Others wonder what actually caused it. Many fear it so much that they don't even want to talk about it. Some continue to be in denial until it is over.

What about:

E. Pee in the butt???

AshevilleApp2
September 18th, 2012, 09:53 AM

You are ****in deep!

Apphole
September 18th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Kimbrough told me to expect a big goose egg on the board for Chatty on Saturday. These guys are PISSED. Coach Daddy is going to have to watch his son take a beating. Maybe then he'll put in that mean black fella that's hassling junior for PT.

Apphole
September 18th, 2012, 10:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUkl-QiHe9s&feature=relmfu

CID1990
September 18th, 2012, 10:06 AM
UTC has to go 7-1 in the SoCon to make the playoffs.

Since JSU>UTC I don't see that happening.

SoCon48
September 18th, 2012, 10:10 AM
xpopcornxxpopcornxxpopcornx this is going to be good.
This is a rebuilding year but still App will kick EU arse.

StorminASU
September 18th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Kimbrough told me to expect a big goose egg on the board for Chatty on Saturday. These guys are PISSED. Coach Daddy is going to have to watch his son take a beating. Maybe then he'll put in that mean black fella that's hassling junior for PT.

Can I like this forever? That last sentence is crafted superbly.

fc97
September 18th, 2012, 10:17 AM
This is a rebuilding year but still App will kick EU arse.

what the hell does "App will kick EU arse" have to do with watching the thread meltdown, ie, "this is going to be good" watching the results of how this thread goes.

are you really so dense that you couldn't get the meaning and had to turn it into what you did?

GlassOnion
September 18th, 2012, 10:22 AM
what the hell does "App will kick EU arse" have to do with watching the thread meltdown, ie, "this is going to be good" watching the results of how this thread goes.

are you really so dense that you couldn't get the meaning and had to turn it into what you did?

Are you so thin skinned that you need to blow up at the slightest touch?

If you dont like it, you can walk yourself right out of an App/Chatty game week smack thread.

Apphole
September 18th, 2012, 10:30 AM

http://www.freewoodpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/tampon.jpg

blueballs
September 18th, 2012, 10:39 AM
So now the line in the sand has been drawn and there are no excuses. Zero. Zip. Nada.

Chattanooga has App at home with two extra days to prepare after App got clobbered. Chatty has GSU at home after GSU plays Wofford and @Furman. They visit Citadel next week but they led Citadel by 4 TD's last year before losing in spectacular fasion so they should close the deal this time. Furman seems to be down this year so Chatty should be able to win that if they are able to gain more than 3 yards passing. They visit Wofford after hosting WCU so that sets up nicely.

So the time has come... everything is in front of them. They have the talent and schedule and all their goals are attainable. Heussman has been there long enough. If Monken can go to the semis back to back in his first two years so can Chatty. No excuses. Anything less than an outright conference title and the autobid is a failure.

PhoenixSupreme
September 18th, 2012, 10:39 AM
In all fairness we all know that Elon's most likely going to lose this week, and when they play App, so let's save all the Elon-App smack talk for when that game rolls around, and refocus back on Chattown's ludicrous comments :P

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2012, 10:41 AM
So now the line in the sand has been drawn and there are no excuses. Zero. Zip. Nada.

Chattanooga has App at home with two extra days to prepare after App got clobbered. Chatty has GSU at home after GSU plays Wofford and @Furman. They visit Citadel next week but they led Citadel by 4 TD's last year before losing in spectacular fasion so they should close the deal this time. Furman seems to be down this year so Chatty should be able to win that if they are able to gain more than 3 yards passing. They visit Wofford after hosting WCU so that sets up nicely.

So the time has come... everything is in front of them. They have the talent and schedule and all their goals are attainable. Heussman has been there long enough. If Monken can go to the semis back to back in his first two years so can Chatty. No excuses. Anything less than an outright conference title and the autobid is a failure.

I think what you meant to say was,,,,"Chattanooga is the best team in the Southern Conference, so they should win the Southern Conference."

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2012, 10:43 AM

I'm sure they got pissed at some point last week but it didn't matter then and it won't matter Saturday. Tell Kimbrough to stay out of Huesman's way if he doesn't want to get trucked. Huesman could very possibly rush for 200+ yards against that weak defense.

fc97
September 18th, 2012, 10:44 AM
you guys try to be men so hard. its like you guys sit in the same dorm room to plan out your attacks together. most of us post a few times a day at most, you two, man, its like you have nothing better to do in your life.

i feel bad for you guys.

Apphole
September 18th, 2012, 10:45 AM
you guys try to be men so hard. its like you guys sit in the same dorm room to plan out your attacks together. most of us post a few times a day at most, you two, man, its like you have nothing better to do in your life.

i feel bad for you guys.

It's better than spending all day looking for this and never finding it

http://www.dynamicebiz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/shift_key.jpg

Silenoz
September 18th, 2012, 10:46 AM

Well your playoff life is on the line this weekend... so I'll be bumping this post for posterity in event of the likely outcome xcoffeex

Apphole
September 18th, 2012, 10:48 AM

i feel bad for you guys.

And btw, I'm on the clock now and most of the time I spend on here. I do have better stuff to do, I just choose to do that stuff later/at the same time.

Chattown works at Subway and has to sneak off with this smart phone to post if he's working. I hope he changes those clear plastic gloves between posts. Gross!

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 18th, 2012, 10:58 AM
And btw, I'm on the clock now and most of the time I spend on here. I do have better stuff to do, I just choose to do that stuff later/at the same time.

Chattown works at Subway and has to sneak off with this smart phone to post if he's working. I hope he changes those clear plastic gloves between posts. Gross!

I believe he works at Subway but nobody will ever convince me he does more than ask what kind of bread you want.....and possibly slice it open.

xcoffeex

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2012, 11:00 AM

Apphole
September 18th, 2012, 11:07 AM
I'm sure they got pissed at some point last week but it didn't matter then and it won't matter Saturday. Tell Kimbrough to stay out of Huesman's way if he doesn't want to get trucked. Huesman could very possibly rush for 200+ yards against that weak defense.

Because you rushed so well against us last year...

Gringer1
September 18th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Did chattown really claim that he didn't disappear last year once his smack talk was proven wrong? Or that he didn't state in another thread that he leaves forums once he "loses interest" in the Mockeries season?

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Did chattown really claim that he didn't disappear last year once his smack talk was proven wrong? Or that he didn't state in another thread that he leaves forums once he "loses interest" in the Mockeries season?

It's not an opinion it is a fact. I left when the Mocs' season was over. Well documented.

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Because you rushed so well against us last year...

Because we ran a different offense last year....

gotts
September 18th, 2012, 11:18 AM
It's not an opinion it is a fact. I left when the Mocs' season was over. Well documented.

Over, as in last game played or over, as in eliminated from contention?

Gringer1
September 18th, 2012, 11:21 AM

Over, as in last game played or over, as in eliminated from contention?

So basically you dissapeared for aong time and now you aee attempting to use the same old tired myth thT everyone else tries to use. I will significantly downsize my posting when I no longer care. Such as when Chattanoogas season ends or they are eliminated from playoff contention. Pretty easy concept to understand.

From your post and from what everyone else remembers, you bail out and hush your trash talk as soon as the Mockeries fail you... which usually happens around the 4th game.

BisonFan02
September 18th, 2012, 11:22 AM

Goodbye :D

Apphole
September 18th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Go Vols!

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2012, 11:29 AM
From your post and from what everyone else remembers, you bail out and hush your trash talk as soon as the Mockeries fail you... which usually happens around the 4th game.

Another cool story. I no longer care when the Mocs' season is over. Not when they lose a game I predicted they would win. Come up with some new, hopefully accurate material.

Gringer1
September 18th, 2012, 11:30 AM
How about this, then: since you are guaranteeing a Mockery win, if they lose for any reason (including officials, luck, etc.) you will post nothing but the words "crow" or "yum" for the rest of the season. After all, you're so sure of a Chatty win, there's no risk involved, right?

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2012, 11:32 AM
How about this, then: since you are guaranteeing a Mockery win, if they lose for any reason (including officials, luck, etc.) you will post nothing but the words "crow" or "yum" for the rest of the season. After all, you're so sure of a Chatty win, there's no risk involved, right?

I will tip my hat and call App State our daddy. Then I will give an accurate description of the game as I have always done.

lknspider
September 18th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Chatty's coach, Russ Huesman ended ASU's dynasty in 2008 as Defensive Coordinator for the Richmond Spiders by defeating Appy 33-13 in a playoff game at Boone. UTC's last two losses to ASU have been heartbreaks. The smart money says Huesman finally gets revenge......don't be surprised if the final score is UTC's win 33-13.

cbarrier90
September 18th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Chatty's coach, Russ Huesman ended ASU's dynasty in 2008 as Defensive Coordinator for the Richmond Spiders...

Speaking of dead dynasties...

cbarrier90
September 18th, 2012, 12:00 PM
I will tip my hat and call App State our daddy.

Hooray! A new signature for me come Saturday night!

GlassOnion
September 18th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Chatty's coach, Russ Huesman ended ASU's dynasty in 2008 as Defensive Coordinator for the Richmond Spiders by defeating Appy 33-13 in a playoff game at Boone. UTC's last two losses to ASU have been heartbreaks. The smart money says Huesman finally gets revenge......don't be surprised if the final score is UTC's win 33-13.

With as good a defensive coach as Huesman seems to be, he seems lost on offense and special teams. Thats 2/3 of the game.

GATA
September 18th, 2012, 12:15 PM
With as good a defensive coach as Huesman seems to be, he seems lost on offense and special teams. Thats 2/3 of the game.

surprised you guys are even entertaining this. App State wins by 10+ points.

According to Chattown the best team in the conference for the last 3 years (including this year) hasn't even come close to sniffing the SOCON title. Which leads me to believe that God just hates the Mocs...so why would I pick them to beat a more talented App State team?

easy win for App.

theasushow
September 18th, 2012, 12:25 PM

Eh...that game did end the dynasty, and Richmond did execute and dominate on defense. But Huesman didn't have ANY answers in 2007 when the offense had 617 total yards and 55 points. Oh yeah, AE broke like 40 records with 313 rushing yards (495 total). So while he is a solid, defensive minded coach, the final score could also be 55-35 APPS.

ASUMountaineer
September 18th, 2012, 12:26 PM
I wonder if Chattown will rush the field after beating a team with a losing record? If the Apps win we'll have to put him on suicide watch for the next 364 days.

Nah. He'll claim yet another moral victory.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 18th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Agreed, App rolls by double digits

ASUMountaineer
September 18th, 2012, 12:27 PM

Are you talking about "Mini-Tebow?" That nickname is so sad I won't even laugh at it.

ASUMountaineer
September 18th, 2012, 12:28 PM

If Chatty wins, I will tip my hat and say, "it's about damn time." If ASU wins, I'll congratulate you on another moral victory.

GlassOnion
September 18th, 2012, 12:37 PM
surprised you guys are even entertaining this. App State wins by 10+ points.

According to Chattown the best team in the conference for the last 3 years (including this year) hasn't even come close to sniffing the SOCON title. Which leads me to believe that God just hates the Mocs...so why would I pick them to beat a more talented App State team?

easy win for App.

I hope so. Despite last week, Im hopeful the guys come out fired up and focused, and lay the wood. There is some serious coaching work that needs to be done.

Saint3333
September 18th, 2012, 12:55 PM

For once I agree with your fact, UTC's seasson is typcially over in October.

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Chattanooga is better at every level defensively. App State's offense has NO chance.

344Johnson
September 18th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Chattanooga is better at every level defensively. App State's offense has NO chance.

haven't you learned to shut up after making an idiot out of yourself so many times? It is one thing to touch the stove once, but you do it every week. Good Lord.

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2012, 01:29 PM
As far as when we have the ball..

Rushing ATT YDS AVG LG TD
Ben Dupree 20 180 9.0 57 2
Darien Robinson 13 113 8.7 45 1
Rickey Anderson 9 102 11.3 29 1

'Nuff Said

344Johnson
September 18th, 2012, 01:35 PM

Nuff' Said

That is not enough said.

CID1990
September 18th, 2012, 01:45 PM

Nuff' Said

WOW.

So, can I use Georgia Tech's numbers against NC State from last year as an indicator of how we'll do this weekend?

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2012, 01:51 PM
WOW.

So, can I use Georgia Tech's numbers against NC State from last year as an indicator of how we'll do this weekend?

Not at all. This is last week from a team weaker than Chattanooga.

bjtheflamesfan
September 18th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Please in the name of God Almighty tell me that you arent being serious with ^^

PaladinFan
September 18th, 2012, 01:58 PM
We can hem and haw all day, but the reality is this game is a big one for both programs. Whomever loses Saturday in Chattanooga will be firmly behind the 8 ball going forward with virtually no room for error.

CID1990
September 18th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Not at all. This is last week from a team weaker than Chattanooga.

Well it's a good thing we still actually play the games, then.

Otherwise Chatty would win the NC every year.

CID1990
September 18th, 2012, 02:13 PM
We can hem and haw all day, but the reality is this game is a big one for both programs. Whomever loses Saturday in Chattanooga will be firmly behind the 8 ball going forward with virtually no room for error.

Actually Chatty will be worse off if they lose because they don't have any D1 win yet. They would have to win out in the SoCon.

ASU has that win over Montana, so they would be in bad shape but not quite as bad as the Mocs.

cbarrier90
September 18th, 2012, 02:23 PM

'Nuff Said

Oh cool, you guys get The Citadel's 3 best backs next week?

CID1990
September 18th, 2012, 02:26 PM

He's going to get his fill of them in 2 weeks.

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2012, 02:31 PM

no, we get Chattanooga's backs and more importantly, Quarterback.

Apphole
September 18th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Know we get Chattanooga's backs and more importantly, Quarterback.

We get Roger Walker, Rob Chisholm, Sean Price and Jamil Lott back this week. You get "mini Tebow," Russ Jr, Mr. Nepotism xlolx

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 18th, 2012, 03:05 PM

If there is a bigger idiot online.....please post the link.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

MTfan4life
September 18th, 2012, 03:08 PM
If there is a bigger idiot online.....please post the link.

https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless

If Rex had stuck with Tebow, I believe Jets would have pulled off comeback. It's what Tebow does. But Rex feared losing Sanchez for good.

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2012, 03:34 PM
We get Roger Walker, Rob Chisholm, Sean Price and Jamil Lott back this week. You get "mini Tebow," Russ Jr, Mr. Nepotism xlolx

Which one of those guys is supposed to be better than Huesman again? The answer is none of them to help you out.

Apphole
September 18th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Which one of those guys is supposed to be better than Huesman again? The answer is none of them to help you out.

Jamal Jackson>Your little hero.

bjtheflamesfan
September 18th, 2012, 03:46 PM

CID1990
September 18th, 2012, 03:49 PM

If JSU can beat you with their own players, then ASU can certainly do it with their own.

Apphole
September 18th, 2012, 03:54 PM
How ridiculous is it to even compare Jamal, the undisputed best QB in the SoCon, with some second game starter that's only playing because daddy is in charge? The mental gymnastics Chattown must do to rationalize some of the stuff he says is mind boggling.

PaladinFan
September 18th, 2012, 04:18 PM
How ridiculous is it to even compare Jamal, the undisputed best QB in the SoCon, with some second game starter that's only playing because daddy is in charge? The mental gymnastics Chattown must do to rationalize some of the stuff he says is mind boggling.

Not to split hairs here, but Elon's Thomas Wilson was better statistically in virtually (if not every) meaningful passing category last season. As he is a senior and it is early in the season, it is a bit premature to consider Jackson the "undisputed" best quarterback in the SoCon.

blueballs
September 18th, 2012, 04:24 PM
I think what you meant to say was,,,,"Chattanooga is the best team in the Southern Conference, so they should win the Southern Conference."

Negative. I wrote what I wrote.

The time has come for Chatty to put up or STFU.

All we read around here is how great Chatty is and how great their players are. Meanwhile Jeff Monken takes over a program with a losing record in January 2010, installs its 4th offensive system in 5 years, and promptly makes the final four nationally immeduiately in consecutive years 2010 and 2011- the second as outright conference champ.

If Heussman truly is so great, and Chatty is so great, then it is past time for them to step up to Jeff Monken and GSU's level of success. They have absolutely no excuse for not doing it this year- and this year starts this weekend.

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2012, 04:27 PM
If JSU can beat you with their own players, then ASU can certainly do it with their own.

Based on what exactly?

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2012, 04:28 PM

Jacob Huesman would be starting for Appalachian State right now, easily.

bjtheflamesfan
September 18th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Based on the fact that UTC has shown no propensity to beat ASU in the last...I cant even recall how many years and your raging butthurt over the "best team in the SoCon" losing to a "inferior squad" over those aforementioned years. If a lesser team in Jacksonville State can almost run your boys out of town, I think that App State (which I would have to admit is probably better than them) will continue what has been the status quo of late

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Negative. I wrote what I wrote.

The time has come for Chatty to put up or STFU.

All we read around here is how great Chatty is and how great their players are. Meanwhile Jeff Monken takes over a program with a losing record in January 2010, installs its 4th offensive system in 5 years, and promptly makes the final four nationally immeduiately in consecutive years 2010 and 2011- the second as outright conference champ.

If Heussman truly is so great, and Chatty is so great, then it is past time for them to step up to Jeff Monken and GSU's level of success. They have absolutely no excuse for not doing it this year- and this year starts this weekend.

You read a lot of things on here. I have 2,020 posts. No one cares what Georgia Southern's expectations are for a new coach or anything else. I'm not going to shut up if Chattanooga doesn't do it this year. This isn't a make it or break it year. If Chattanooga doesn't do it this year, guess what? They have virtually everyone back again the following year and will have an even better shot to do it then.

Gringer1
September 18th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Oh boy. He's already prepping his "next year" talk.

FormerPokeCenter
September 18th, 2012, 04:38 PM
I'm not going to shut up if Chattanooga doesn't do it this year.

This comes as absolutely NO surprise...Mockingbirds NEVER shut up...

bjtheflamesfan
September 18th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Maybe he's a Chicago Cubs fan in his spare time

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Based on the fact that UTC has shown no propensity to beat ASU in the last...I cant even recall how many years and your raging butthurt over the "best team in the SoCon" losing to a "inferior squad" over those aforementioned years. If a lesser team in Jacksonville State can almost run your boys out of town, I think that App State (which I would have to admit is probably better than them) will continue what has been the status quo of late

Jacksonville State beat Chattanooga on a FG as time expired. Everything they have done would lead anyone with a brain to come to the conclusion that they are better than App State. They beat Montana, by 1 score, at home. Montana has like 5 guys back. Montana isnt good. If you return 5 starters you are not good in your second game. They beat your sorry *** team who almost got beat by a black college. Jacksonville state has skill players who dwarf what App State can bring to the table. Jacksonville State has a defense that would never come close to giving up 52 points to the Citadel. Your team sucks. And, no matter how many times you try to use the transitive property to make yourself feel better it won't change that. All of the teams in your equation are bad. You are the worst.

CID1990
September 18th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Jacksonville State beat Chattanooga on a FG as time expired. Everything they have done would lead anyone with a brain to come to the conclusion that they are better than App State. They beat Montana, by 1 score, at home. Montana has like 5 guys back. Montana isnt good. If you return 5 starters you are not good in your second game. They beat your sorry *** team who almost got beat by a black college. Jacksonville state has skill players who dwarf what App State can bring to the table. Jacksonville State has a defense that would never come close to giving up 52 points to the Citadel. Your team sucks. And, no matter how many times you try to use the transitive property to make yourself feel better it won't change that. All of the teams in your equation are bad. You are the worst.

The only thing we really know is JSU > UTC right?

bjtheflamesfan
September 18th, 2012, 04:59 PM
I will admit that it is a tough go of things for the boys from Lynchburg. having two QBs make their first career start in consecutive weeks, losing an All-American on the offensive line for the season, losing a backup at MLB to a broken hand and having a brand new coach who lost his mother the day after the first game certainly will affect a team's performance (course giving up two PR touchdowns doesnt help things either). That said, I am hopeful to see them right the ship against Lehigh this weekend.

Despite my statements about your raging butthurt and any statements you may have to the contrary, this is an important game for the Mocs this weekend. Having not beaten App State since 2004 (and seen the last 3 recruiting classes go 0-4 against the boys from Boone), if youd stay on record, youd agree UTC is very much in need of a victory in the series.

GlassOnion
September 18th, 2012, 05:37 PM
I have 2,020 posts too many.

Fixed it for ya.

paward
September 18th, 2012, 05:44 PM
I am no Appalachian or Moc fan. I do respect what Appalachian has accomplished over the years. Losing Saturday will not be death to the dynasty. It will mean a year of restocking the shelves. For the pass five years some Moc fan will come on here the week of the game and proclaim victory. For the last five years the results have been the same. Let me state this more elegantly: Until you break dance with your ballroom date, you might want to...........Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Silenoz
September 18th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Montana isnt good

I mean, we're no Chattanooga or anything, but we try

Silenoz
September 18th, 2012, 05:55 PM
You read a lot of things on here. I have 2,020 posts. No one cares what Georgia Southern's expectations are for a new coach or anything else. I'm not going to shut up if Chattanooga doesn't do it this year. This isn't a make it or break it year. If Chattanooga doesn't do it this year, guess what? They have virtually everyone back again the following year and will have an even better shot to do it then.

Nice, already mentally preparing yourself for the upcoming 4-5 (additional) losses you can look forward to this season. That's the spirit!

344Johnson
September 18th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Is it just me or is chattown one of those "you should see our squad NEXT year" kinda guys....?

cbarrier90
September 18th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Not to split hairs here, but Elon's Thomas Wilson was better statistically in virtually (if not every) meaningful passing category last season. As he is a senior and it is early in the season, it is a bit premature to consider Jackson the "undisputed" best quarterback in the SoCon.

Right now, Ben Dupree is better than both.

ASU_Fanatic
September 18th, 2012, 07:57 PM
I give you credit chattownmocs you don't stop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q9rewnLFYw

i honestly have no idea whats gonna happen saturday. don't know too much about chattnooga but i do know app will be ready to play and fight with everything they have to offer

dgtw
September 18th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Jax State played Arkansas the first game of the season. While they lost, obviously the Razorbacks were so beaten up they haven't recovered.

Yet, the Gamecocks were still able to beat the Mocs.

StorminASU
September 19th, 2012, 07:30 AM
I mean, we're no Chattanooga or anything, but we try

xoutofrepx

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Right now, Ben Dupree is better than both.

Not going to debate that point. Still, in my mind, Dupree is a running back who happens to take the snap. He's attempted only eight passes in three games for a 37% completion percentage.

cbarrier90
September 19th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Not going to debate that point. Still, in my mind, Dupree is a running back who happens to take the snap. He's attempted only eight passes in three games for a 37% completion percentage.

I'll agree with that assessment. His height and weight (5'9 185) back it up, and even though he isn't a QB in the true sense of the position, he's certainly the most effective catalyst of his team's offense. It's only Week 3, so Dupree certainly has the most impressive resume thus far.

As far as Wilson is concerned, this same argument came up in '09 with Riddle and Armanti. The Elon offensive system is more conducive to the traditional quarterbacking stats. It's like saying Graham Harrell at Texas Tech under Mike Leach was the best QB in the Big 12 the year Colt McCoy led Texas to the National Championship game and ended up being drafted.

ASUMountaineer
September 19th, 2012, 08:29 AM

xlolx xlolx

terrierbob
September 19th, 2012, 09:46 AM
PLEASE keep this up, fellas. This is more fun than ANY Sat Night Live skit, including dick in a box, as well as the unfortunate scene in "There's Something About Mary".

cbarrier90
September 19th, 2012, 09:50 AM
PLEASE keep this up, fellas. This is more fun than:

1.ANY Sat Night Live skit, including dick in a box, as well as the unfortunate scene in "There's Something About Mary"

Oh, just wait 'til AFTER the game is played...

bjtheflamesfan
September 19th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Its the only way chattown can feel even some semblance of relevance. As I said, UTC hasnt beaten the Mountaineers since 2004 (the 2005, 2006 and 2007 recruiting classes all graduated with 0-4 records)

asumike83
September 19th, 2012, 10:17 AM

'Nuff Said

Didn't Jax State's 2nd and 3rd string backs each go over 100 against Chatty? I don't see this being a defensive struggle on either side.

chattownmocs
September 19th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Didn't Jax State's 2nd and 3rd string backs each go over 100 against Chatty? I don't see this being a defensive struggle on either side.

I'm pretty sure it will be.

bjtheflamesfan
September 19th, 2012, 11:39 AM

'Nuff Said

In actuality (thanks to UTC's athletics site):

When CHattanooga has the ball:

As far as when the Mocs have the ball..

Jacob Huesman 45 rushes 213 yards 4.7 ypr 1 TD 71.0
Keon Williams 35 rushes 98 yards 2.8 ypr 2 TD 32.7
Marquis Green 16 rushes 92 yards 5.8ypr 2 TD 30.7
J.J. Jackson 22 rushes 60 yards 2.7 ypr 0 TD 20.0

asumike83
September 19th, 2012, 12:02 PM
I'm pretty sure it will be.

After our sad display last weekend, I would welcome a defensive game like last year but I'm not sure we will see one. I expect Jamal and the offense to bounce back but we have struggled with running quarterbacks defensively. Will be an interesting game, I'd be very surprised if it was decided by more than one score either way. I would not be shocked if it were a 2010-like shootout.

chattownmocs
September 19th, 2012, 12:19 PM
After our sad display last weekend, I would welcome a defensive game like last year but I'm not sure we will see one. I expect Jamal and the offense to bounce back but we have struggled with running quarterbacks defensively. Will be an interesting game, I'd be very surprised if it was decided by more than one score either way. I would not be shocked if it were a 2010-like shootout.

It will be in the 20s at the highest.

AppAlum2003
September 19th, 2012, 12:22 PM
I'm ashamed of you guys... I go out of town for 3 days and you let him get away with five pages... you've ignored my warnings time and time again... DO NOT FEED THE TROLL

Apphole
September 19th, 2012, 12:27 PM
I'm ashamed of you guys... I go out of town for 3 days and you let him get away with five pages... you've ignored my warnings time and time again... DO NOT FEED THE TROLL

But he's wrong damn it! He needs to be made to feel bad!

AppAlum2003
September 19th, 2012, 12:32 PM
But he's wrong damn it! He needs to be made to feel bad!

You can't push a string

bjtheflamesfan
September 19th, 2012, 12:34 PM
I think he relishes in it because it gives him some pseudo feeling of relevance

AppAlum2003
September 19th, 2012, 12:37 PM
I think he relishes in it because it gives him some pseudo feeling of relevance

What you said is English for "Don't feed the troll"

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 19th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Nutritionally or intellectually?

bjtheflamesfan
September 19th, 2012, 12:49 PM
probably intellectually. The only way someone would put so much effort into what he does is because he doesnt have more adult things to busy himself with like a full time job or a relationship with an actual person (instead of some inflatable). by the way are you one of the conference contributors? you got a good sound

DJKyR0
September 19th, 2012, 12:59 PM
This thread is so great. Please keep delivering the goods. Thanks.

Signed, everybody who's not a fan of a SoCon team

citdog
September 19th, 2012, 01:02 PM
probably intellectually. The only way someone would put so much effort into what he does is because he doesnt have more adult things to busy himself with like a full time job or a relationship with an actual person (instead of some inflatable). by the way are you one of the conference contributors? you got a good sound

kind of like volunteering to police the thoughts of others on a national messageboard and using the only bit of authority you've ever had in your life an a pathetic attempt to silence those with whom you don't agree?

pot meet kettle!

you're both black as hell

Eaglegus2
September 19th, 2012, 03:01 PM
By the time Georgia Southern travels to Chattanooga the Mocs will be unstoppable.

I am going to stay home and save my money.

Apphole
September 19th, 2012, 03:19 PM
By the time Georgia Southern travels to Chattanooga the Mocs will be unstoppable.

I am going to stay home and save my money.

We're all just easy stops on the Moc's road to Super Bowl XLVII

CID1990
September 19th, 2012, 03:41 PM
I'm not sure El CID shouldn't just forfeit the game in two weeks to avoid injuries and embarrassment and just hope for the at large.

CID1990
September 19th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Hey Shattown-

Here's what a real student athlete looks like:

http://www.citadelsports.com/sports/fball/2012-13/releases/20120919tac0re

Have Daddy's Boy ask Jamal Jackson what this guy's breath smells like.

chattownmocs
September 19th, 2012, 03:50 PM
I'm not sure how saying Chattanooga will kick the crap out of The Citadel's leftovers is making them out to be world beaters. It is just pretty obvious that this will happen. If you still have a high opinion of this App State team after what happened to them last week then I feel sorry for you.

bjtheflamesfan
September 19th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Maybe that is why Liberty hasnt scheduled them since 2004...theyre an unstoppable force (much like a hurricane)

WeAreNorthDakota
September 19th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Who would win in a fight..... A hurricane or Jacob Huesman?

CID1990
September 19th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Who would win in a fight..... A hurricane or Jacob Huesman?

Daddy's Boy easily has the talent to single handedly take on at least a Category 2 storm.

asumike83
September 19th, 2012, 05:16 PM
What if it was named Hurricane Huesman?

cbarrier90
September 19th, 2012, 05:37 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKj3iVYLXx8

Saint3333
September 19th, 2012, 08:55 PM
PLEASE keep this up, fellas. This is more fun than ANY Sat Night Live skit, including dick in a box, as well as the unfortunate scene in "There's Something About Mary".

Chattown, Apphole, and any other App but according to the golden rule it's ok.

Saint3333
September 19th, 2012, 08:57 PM
It will be in the 20s at the highest.

App just gave up half a hundred, UTC can't score 30 with that two-headed QB, both of which could be 1st team SoCon? Color me confused.

chattownmocs
September 19th, 2012, 10:17 PM
App just gave up half a hundred, UTC can't score 30 with that two-headed QB, both of which could be 1st team SoCon? Color me confused.

I doubt they will. Terrell robinson isn't. Going to be playing much qb but qb isn't the problem. Every other area of the offense is underperforming. I doubt 30 is in the cards because of the type of game this will be. Chattanoogas defense should dominate which will make the offense more conservative.

CID1990
September 19th, 2012, 10:32 PM
I doubt they will. Terrell robinson isn't. Going to be playing much qb but qb isn't the problem. Every other area of the offense is underperforming. I doubt 30 is in the cards because of the type of game this will be. Chattanoogas defense should dominate which will make the offense more conservative.

This was a fairly sober, measured post for you, Chattown. You off the methamphetamine?

Apphole
September 20th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Chatty Coach sandbagging

"The bottom line," said the Mocs' fourth-year coach, "is that this is not a program-defining game, win or lose."

The writer also offers a funny perspective on bandwagonism and how it's already a problem for the Mocs. They're hoping for 15k on Saturday. Funny. If we only drew 15k in the regular season, it would be safe to say that the bandwagon has completely diminished....along with 5k die hards....

"You can only care so much for so long without tangible return on your emotional investment before you're all out of care and hope."

And of course, no Moc related subject is complete without a mention of every Chattanoogan's favorite football team: the Tennessee Vols!

"But just in case the football team loses, perhaps the Mocs can mirror the Vols and land a couple of fine basketball players. Because no UTC men's program could use a major trend upward more than those guys."

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2012/sep/20/mark-wiedmer-will-app-state-game-defi-utc-football/

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 20th, 2012, 08:48 AM

If this happened I am pretty sure we would all die.....and by "all die"...I mean North America.

blueballs
September 20th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Chatty Coach sandbagging

"The bottom line," said the Mocs' fourth-year coach, "is that this is not a program-defining game, win or lose."

The writer also offers a funny perspective on bandwagonism and how it's already a problem for the Mocs. They're hoping for 15k on Saturday. Funny. If we only drew 15k in the regular season, it would be safe to say that the bandwagon has completely diminished....along with 5k die hards....

"You can only care so much for so long without tangible return on your emotional investment before you're all out of care and hope."

And of course, no Moc related subject is complete without a mention of every Chattanoogan's favorite football team: the Tennessee Vols!

"But just in case the football team loses, perhaps the Mocs can mirror the Vols and land a couple of fine basketball players. Because no UTC men's program could use a major trend upward more than those guys."

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2012/sep/20/mark-wiedmer-will-app-state-game-defi-utc-football/

That's the difference between Jeff Monken and him in a nutshell.

Monken has stated many times that App is the big donkey (not in those words) and if his teams is going to get to where it wants to be- which is a championship- it has to rise to App's level. He has never once backed down from the expectation and tradition of winning and demands that of his program.

Perhaps that's why one program has been to the round of four in back to back years and is known for winning titles while the other is known for its magnificent chokes and underachievement.

GlassOnion
September 20th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Bad place for Chatty to be in.

1.) If you win, you beat an App team that is clearly the worst App team in a decade. Doesnt really say anything about Chatty, Not really impressive.
2.) If you lose, Chatty must really suck, you just lost to the worst App team in a decade, and havent won in 9 years.

chattownmocs
September 20th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Bad place for Chatty to be in.

1.) If you win, you beat an App team that is clearly the worst App team in a decade. Doesnt really say anything about Chatty, Not really impressive.
2.) If you lose, Chatty must really suck, you just lost to the worst App team in a decade, and havent won in 9 years.

If you win, you are 1-0, if you lose you are 0-1.

GlassOnion
September 20th, 2012, 10:13 AM

Technically, we've already played 3 games, so your records are wrong...

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 20th, 2012, 10:26 AM
This isnt the worst App St team in a decade, they had one bad game no need to knee jerk yet. Like I said earlier they will ROLL Chattmocs by double digits.

GlassOnion
September 20th, 2012, 10:30 AM
This isnt the worst App St team in a decade, they had one bad game no need to knee jerk yet. Like I said earlier they will ROLL Chattmocs by double digits.

That was, "If Chatty wins" App will have its worst team in a decade. We've yet to play GSU, FU, or Wofford. Thats a true statement. Apps worst might not be equal to say, a Western Carolina's worst...

asumike83
September 20th, 2012, 10:32 AM
I do not think this is the worst App team in a decade either. Anyone remember 2004? We lost to Chattanooga, Western Carolina and Northwestern State. Georgia Southern and f'ing Wyoming beat us by 40+. If we have a repeat performance this weekend and take another lopsided L, I may start to agree but I won't go that far after one bad game, no matter how bad it was.

chattownmocs
September 20th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Technically, we've already played 3 games, so your records are wrong...

I was speaking on Chattanooga's conference record which is what matters.

ASUMountaineer

Hmmm...work, or "feed the troll?" I'll take "Obvious" for $1000, Alex.

ASUMountaineer

Are we not counting moral victories anymore?

GlassOnion
September 20th, 2012, 10:42 AM
I do not think this is the worst App team in a decade either. Anyone remember 2004? We lost to Chattanooga, Western Carolina and Northwestern State. Georgia Southern and f'ing Wyoming beat us by 40+. If we have a repeat performance this weekend and take another lopsided L, I may start to agree but I won't go that far after one bad game, no matter how bad it was.

Well, if you want to parse words, This will be the worst App team in 8 years. You say 8 years, I say a decade, doesnt make much difference to me.

And again, I said if we lose to Chatty. If we lose, we'll be 0-2 in conference, out of 2 conference games played, and sitting at 3 losses, with Wofford, FU, and Georgia Southern, all still coming up. That means we likely have 1 or 2 more losses, and miss the playoffs.

bjtheflamesfan
September 20th, 2012, 10:44 AM
you may say that conference record is the only thing that matters, but Im sure that the fact that they havent beaten App in the last 8 tries is something the seniors are thinking about (considering they would be the fourth straight recruiting class to go 0-4 against the Mountaineers)

asumike83
September 20th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Well, if you want to parse words, This will be the worst App team in 8 years. You say 8 years, I say a decade, doesnt make much difference to me.

And again, I said if we lose to Chatty. If we lose, we'll be 0-2 in conference, out of 2 conference games played, and sitting at 3 losses, with Wofford, FU, and Georgia Southern, all still coming up. That means we likely have 1 or 2 more losses, and miss the playoffs.

A loss on Saturday would definitely bring up the unfortunate "worst team since..." conversation, no question about it. Even if we did take a loss, it would depend on how we look for me to put us in that conversation just yet. If we go out there and get thumped then yes, it is time to look at the Montana game as the aberration instead of The Citadel. If we go out there and play another nail-biter with the Mocs like we have the last few years but we come out on the short end this time, I will still hold out hope for a turnaround.

That being said, I expect a MUCH better performance this weekend. Either way, I will be there.

blueballs
September 20th, 2012, 11:06 AM
It is too early to say whether this is the worst App team in a decade...

Heck, I remember sitting in Paulson that October afternoon in 2004 watching GSU just destroy App and not really letting up until it was like 49-0 (payback for the pizza stomping and bus ramming the year before).

I remember thinking that Jerry Moore's days were numbered and that GSU team was as good as we'd had in a long time. Fast forward 14 months from that date and App is holding the NC trophy and GSU has just been ousted in the first round in back to back years for the first time ever and fires the coach and trashes their entire system and program.... so you never know how things are going to turn out.

Methinks Chatty is going to have their hands more than full against an embarrassed and pissed off group of inbreds Saturday.

GlassOnion
September 20th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Methinks Chatty is going to have their hands more than full against an embarrassed and pissed off group of inbreds Saturday.

We've got a better line up on the field this week for sure, Lott (FS) played against Montana as a CB, has now been left there permanantly. Still kinda weak at the FS spot though. Problem on D last week was in large part preparation imo. They were just lost, and being lost, the staff couldnt mix it up and make any changes, it was just an implosion. The Cit executed too well for App to just stay in it with athleticism.

On offense, Sean Price is back, he had 100+ yards against Montana, sat out for The Cit. Starting RB Rod Chisholm should be back this week too, since getting injured at ECU.

chattownmocs
September 20th, 2012, 11:38 AM
We've got a better line up on the field this week for sure, Lott (FS) played against Montana as a CB, has now been left there permanantly. Still kinda weak at the FS spot though. Problem on D last week was in large part preparation imo. They were just lost, and being lost, the staff couldnt mix it up and make any changes, it was just an implosion. The Cit executed too well for App to just stay in it with athleticism.

On offense, Sean Price is back, he had 100+ yards against Montana, sat out for The Cit. Starting RB Rod Chisholm should be back this week too, since getting injured at ECU.

Cool, better not line him up on 17.

Apphole
September 20th, 2012, 11:46 AM

He'll do ok against a mediocre QB moved to WR as a result of nepotism.

PaladinFan
September 20th, 2012, 11:52 AM

The question I can't help but keep wondering is "how good is Montana?"

All due respect to the game that the Griz and Apps played, but I would submit that even if those guys were in the lineup, App still would have gotten run off the field.

asumike83
September 20th, 2012, 11:59 AM

All due respect to the game that the Griz and Apps played, but I would submit that even if those guys were in the lineup, App still would have gotten run off the field.

We should find out a good bit about them on Saturday when they face NAU. I know Liberty is 0-3 but they hung very tough at Wake Forest and lost a close game to a 2011 playoff team, then got thumped in Missoula. I think the Griz are a solid team. Maybe not the top 5 caliber we are accustomed to but a legitimate top 10-15 squad.

No question we would have gotten run off the field no matter who was healthy, suspended, etc. last weekend. This Saturday will be very telling. At this point, my opinion is that App has had two performances that were solid overall and and one that was very, very bad. My hope is that last week was the aberration but we will find out in Chattanooga.

Silenoz
September 20th, 2012, 12:20 PM
I was speaking on Chattanooga's conference record which is what matters.

Yeah... I know the playoffs are a foreign idea to you, but ALL of your DI games (or lack thereof) matter, a lot. You're effectively 0-3 and about to be 0-4

GlassOnion
September 20th, 2012, 12:22 PM

Did I miss something?

GlassOnion
September 20th, 2012, 12:30 PM

Robinson has 47 yards rushing on the season. 27 of which came against a Division 2 team.
Robinson has 57 yards passing on the season. 37 of which came against a Division 2 team.
Robinson has 52 yards receiving on the season. All of which came against a Division 2 team.
Robinson has 90 yards total offense on the season. 61 of which came against a Division 2 team.

Reality sucks, dont it?

App is #2 in the socon in passing yardage, Chatty is #6.

App has 4 WRs I wouldnt trade for Robinson. If Robinson wants to back up Jamal Jackson, he's welcome, but 2nd string doesnt seem to sit too well with him does it?

chattownmocs
September 20th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Robinson has 47 yards rushing on the season. 27 of which came against a Division 2 team.
Robinson has 57 yards passing on the season. 37 of which came against a Division 2 team.
Robinson has 52 yards receiving on the season. All of which came against a Division 2 team.
Robinson has 90 yards total offense on the season. 61 of which came against a Division 2 team.

Reality sucks, dont it?

App is #2 in the socon in passing yardage, Chatty is #6.

App has 4 WRs I wouldnt trade for Robinson. If Robinson wants to back up Jamal Jackson, he's welcome, but 2nd string doesnt seem to sit too well with him does it?

Meaningless statistics are meaningless. The season is 3 games old an outside of about a quarter and a half against a big east team at QB the only team he has played against is a D-2 team. Awesome story though. Robinson will be the most dangerous athlete on the field Saturday. App probably won't be ready and he will burn them.

Apphole
September 20th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Did I miss something?

He wrote it strangely but he means the Citadel loss.

asumike83
September 20th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Robinson leaves the team: not a big loss, Huesman is a faster runner and more accurate passer
Robinson puts his big boy pants on and returns: he is the most dangerous athlete on the field

Got it.

Apphole
September 20th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Meaningless statistics are meaningless. The season is 3 games old an outside of about a quarter and a half against a big east team at QB the only team he has played against is a D-2 team. Awesome story though. Robinson will be the most dangerous athlete on the field Saturday. App probably won't be ready and he will burn them.

So let me get this straight. As far as your crowing goes, a guy who just switched to the position a week ago is the best WR you've got? No wonder you've switched to a run-first team this year.

Color me unimpressed.

GlassOnion
September 20th, 2012, 12:52 PM

Yeah, and the past 2 years Chatty was the best team in the nation. The best 5-6 team that is.

chattownmocs
September 20th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Robinson leaves the team: not a big loss, Huesman is a faster runner and more accurate passer
Robinson puts his big boy pants on and returns: he is the most dangerous athlete on the field

Got it.

It wasn't a big loss if he was unwilling to do anything but be a starting QB. Huesman probably does have moe straight line speed and is definitely a more accurate passer. Robinson is a tremendous all-around athlete. He is going to have a major impact on the game.

But don't get it twisted, Jacob Huesman can go all the way at any time as well.

GlassOnion
September 20th, 2012, 12:55 PM
So let me get this straight. As far as your crowing goes, a guy who just switched to the position a week ago is the best WR you've got? No wonder you've switched to a run-first team this year.

Color me unimpressed.

And yet still #6 in the conference in rushing, and #8 in total offense.

The Chattanooga offense is not scary. Period. Who care if Robinson is the best athlete on the field, as long as Huesman cant cant do anything with him.

jonmac
September 20th, 2012, 12:57 PM

Got it.

xsmileyclapx Well played Mike, well played.

ASUMountaineer
September 20th, 2012, 12:57 PM

Wait...over "Mini-Tebow?" WTF? I'm not buying it.

He started the last game and was going to continue to play. They said they were going to go with the hot hand and have done nothing to show otherwise. The fact is that huesman,outplayed him in the spring fall and in the game saturday.

Alot of people including myself expected robinson to win the job based on last year. The fact of the matter is that huesman always was the better qb prospect. He is faster and more accurate then robinson.

chattownmocs
September 20th, 2012, 12:58 PM

Color me unimpressed.

I don't know if he is our best receiver, meaning I'm not sure he will catch the most passes, or run the best routes. But he will be the most dangerous athlete on the field. Maybe when you learn the game you can come back and talk to me.

Saint3333
September 20th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Price will be the best athlete on the field Saturday.

GlassOnion
September 20th, 2012, 01:00 PM
I don't know if he is our best receiver, meaning I'm not sure he will catch the most passes, or run the best routes. But he will be the most dangerous athlete on the field. Maybe when you learn the game you can come back and talk to me.

Yes. Apphole, go learn the game you idiot, on the field performance has nothing to do with football!

chattownmocs
September 20th, 2012, 01:02 PM
And yet still #6 in the conference in rushing, and #8 in total offense.

The Chattanooga offense is not scary. Period. Who care if Robinson is the best athlete on the field, as long as Huesman cant cant do anything with him.

We didn't all get to play East Carolina as our FBS "money game." You do realize that Huesman put up over 350 yeards of offense in a pretty hostile environment at Jax State and led an amazingly clutch drive to tie the game late. Huesman is a very dangerous guy and has an iron will. Not sure why you think he can't do anything. Let me guess, "his daddy was an all-conference player in this very league and is now a coach so he must suck." Awesome logic.

asumike83
September 20th, 2012, 01:03 PM
It wasn't a big loss if he was unwilling to do anything but be a starting QB. Huesman probably does have moe straight line speed and is definitely a more accurate passer. Robinson is a tremendous all-around athlete. He is going to have a major impact on the game.

But don't get it twisted, Jacob Huesman can go all the way at any time as well.

I do not question his athleticism. I question his ability to go from #1 QB to splitting time at QB to WR in the matter of a month. This will be his first game action at a new position against a DI opponent. I'd be surprised if he had a major impact on the game unless it comes from getting some series at QB. I could be wrong but that would be an incredibly quick adjustment.

Serious question: how is the OL looking this year? I have not seen any UTC games and it was a glaring weakness last season.

Apphole
September 20th, 2012, 01:05 PM

He's not the best receiver, but he's the best athlete? So you don't consider receivers to be athletes?

If that makes sense, I guess I really don't know **** about football....

chattownmocs
September 20th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Yes. Apphole, go learn the game you idiot, on the field performance has nothing to do with football!

The only problem is that I didn't say he was the best reciever. "Most dangerous athlete" He can make plays in all areas. He is a versatile beast. App State better no, who he is and where he is at all times. If they cover him like he is a regular WR he will burn them.

GlassOnion
September 20th, 2012, 01:07 PM
We didn't all get to play East Carolina as our FBS "money game." You do realize that Huesman put up over 350 yeards of offense in a pretty hostile environment at Jax State and led an amazingly clutch drive to tie the game late. Huesman is a very dangerous guy and has an iron will. Not sure why you think he can't do anything. Let me guess, "his daddy was an all-conference player in this very league and is now a coach so he must suck." Awesome logic.

Does it really matter how much offense you get, if the team ALWAYS chokes?

ASUMountaineer
September 20th, 2012, 01:07 PM

BOOM! He just rocked your world Apphole. xlolx

Apphole
September 20th, 2012, 01:08 PM
The only problem is that I didn't say he was the best reciever. "Most dangerous athlete" He can make plays in all areas. He is a versatile beast. App State better no, who he is and where he is at all times. If they cover him like he is a regular WR he will burn them.

The phrase you're looking for is "most versatile."

chattownmocs
September 20th, 2012, 01:08 PM
I do not question his athleticism. I question his ability to go from #1 QB to splitting time at QB to WR in the matter of a month. This will be his first game action at a new position against a DI opponent. I'd be surprised if he had a major impact on the game unless it comes from getting some series at QB. I could be wrong but that would be an incredibly quick adjustment.

Serious question: how is the OL looking this year? I have not seen any UTC games and it was a glaring weakness last season.

Wrong. The have a lot of different packages and have practiced both QBs at different spots all spring, summer, and fall and continue to do so. O-line looks slightly better, still not very strong. What about your O-line? I think they have a tall task this week.

GlassOnion
September 20th, 2012, 01:09 PM

I wasnt aware that letting WRs run free would hurt us, thanks for the tip. I'll have to pass this knew development, coverage, on to the coaching staff.

chattownmocs
September 20th, 2012, 01:10 PM
The phrase you're looking for is "most versatile."

That too. But I said what I meant. Dangerous. He can play in a lot of sports and doo lots of thing, but more importantly make huge plays in all of those areas.

ASUMountaineer
September 20th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Wrong. The have a lot of different packages and have practiced both QBs at different spots all spring, summer, and fall and continue to do so. O-line looks slightly better, still not very strong. What about your O-line? I think they have a tall task this week.

No wonder Tebow Jr. and the GOAT Robinson are going to run all over ASU this weekend--they play in all kinds of different spots. I bet they practice at OL too, to help out a unit that is "still not very strong."

chattownmocs
September 20th, 2012, 01:12 PM
I wasnt aware that letting WRs run free would hurt us, thanks for the tip. I'll have to pass this knew development, coverage, on to the coaching staff.

Is that what I said. I could swear I said something different than that. I know I used "no" instead of know but you should have still been able to figure it out.

Apphole
That too. But I said what I meant. Dangerous. He can play in a lot of sports and doo lots of thing, but more importantly make huge plays in all of those areas.

No, what you said was he was the best athlete on the field but is not the best Nooga receiver. I'm still smiling about it actually.

GlassOnion

Have you been drinking? Alcohol and meds dont mix you know.

asumike83

I will take your word on the practice but it will still be his first action at WR against DI competition. He could come out and have a great game as a receiver but it would be surprising.

Our OL is improved but still a mixed bag. Only allowed 1 sack through the first two games with decent production on the ground against Montana. Along with the rest of the team, a complete implosion last week. Put up big running stats but it was in garbage time when the defense was in prevent mode. Our entire team has a tall task this week, it is as close to a must-win situation as there could possibly be in week four.

chattownmocs
September 20th, 2012, 01:13 PM
No wonder Tebow Jr. and the GOAT Robinson are going to run all over ASU this weekend--they play in all kinds of different spots. I bet they practice at OL too, to help out a unit that is "still not very strong."

Our Oline may not be very good. And yours may be better. But see, the problem is that our Dline is a whole hell of a lot better than yours. Your Oline is in more trouble this week.

ASUMountaineer
September 20th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Our Oline may not be very good. And yours may be better. But see, the problem is that our Dline is a whole hell of a lot better than yours. Your Oline is in more trouble this week.

Possibly. But see, the problem is that I didn't mention ASU's OL, I was simply responding to your own words (I didn't say Chatty's OL was bad). Care to predict how many rushing yards Tebow Jr. will have Saturday? And, how many receiving yards the GOAT Robinson will have?

GlassOnion
September 20th, 2012, 01:17 PM
I will take your word on the practice but it will still be his first action at WR against DI competition. He could come out and have a great game as a receiver but it would be surprising.

Our OL is improved but still a mixed bag. Only allowed 1 sack through the first two games with decent production on the ground against Montana. Along with the rest of the team, a complete implosion last week. Put up big running stats but it was in garbage time when the defense was in prevent mode. Our entire team has a tall task this week, it is as close to a must-win situation as there could possibly be in week four.

Just remember, as bad as our defense is, Jax St is ranked 111th in the nation in total defense, gives up almost 500 yards a game, and still beat Chatty.

Jax St is 59th in total offense, App State is 28th.

chattownmocs
September 20th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Possibly. But see, the problem is that I didn't mention ASU's OL, I was simply responding to your own words (I didn't say Chatty's OL was bad). Care to predict how many rushing yards Tebow Jr. will have Saturday? And, how many receiving yards the GOAT Robinson will have?

120 and 70 is a good conservative estimate.

ASUMountaineer
September 20th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Just remember, as bad as our defense is, Jax St is ranked 111th in the nation in total defense, gives up almost 500 yards a game, and still beat Chatty.

So? Chatty is clearly the best team in the SoCon and the nation. Tebow Sr. had better be careful because once Tebow Jr. graduates, everyone in the NFL will forget about the elder Tebow. Stats don't matter, on-field results don't matter, scoreboards don't matter. Try to keep up!

ASUMountaineer
September 20th, 2012, 01:20 PM
120 and 70 is a good conservative estimate.

Will there be any other production? I'm not sure why anyone else would touch the ball for Chatty outside of Tebow Jr. and the GOAT.

chattownmocs
September 20th, 2012, 01:21 PM

Jacksonville State played us and a Tyler Wilson Arkansas team. You have up 9 yards per play to a one dimensional team. They are better defensively, trust me.

chattownmocs
September 20th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Will there be any other production? I'm not sure why anyone else would touch the ball for Chatty outside of Tebow Jr. and the GOAT.

Oh no, I expect our backs to have their best game by far. There are also going to be other guys that Huesman throws the ball to. Also Robinson may run and even pass a little bit too.

ASUMountaineer
September 20th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Jacksonville State played us and a Tyler Wilson Arkansas team. You have up 9 yards per play to a one dimensional team. They are better defensively, trust me.

GlassOnion is a good guy, he's just slow sometimes. He'll eventually learn that a prediction/opinion of yours is rock solid. You are never incorrect. I've tried telling him, but some people just have to learn the hard way. xnodx

ASUMountaineer
September 20th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Oh no, I expect our backs to have their best game by far. There are also going to be other guys that Huesman throws the ball to. Also Robinson may run and even pass a little bit too.

Your backs will play better than they did against Glenville State? Are they better than ASU too? I have to admit that I have not been able to keep up with the Glenville State games this season like I usually do. Would they be in the top three in the SoCon?

chattownmocs
September 20th, 2012, 01:23 PM
GlassOnion is a good guy, he's just slow sometimes. He'll eventually learn that a prediction/opinion of yours is rock solid. You are never incorrect. I've tried telling him, but some people just have to learn the hard way. xnodx

You get so desperate when you run out of ammo.

GlassOnion
September 20th, 2012, 01:24 PM
trust me.

Who do you think you are, a Democrat? xlolx

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 20th, 2012, 01:25 PM
This thread is the equivalent of curb stomping a one legged retard in a night club parking lot after drinking a lot of Canadian whiskey.

chattownmocs
Your backs will play better than they did against Glenville State? Are they better than ASU too? I have to admit that I have not been able to keep up with the Glenville State games this season like I usually do. Would they be in the top three in the SoCon?

I don't know, Is the Citadel the best team in the history of the sport? I mean they did beat GSU but they scored 23 points. Georgia Southern doesn't have a great D.

ASUMountaineer

xlolx I'm just trying to help a fellow Mountaineer out.

Trolling posts are trolling.

GlassOnion

Yeah, you can only point out hypocrisy and incompetence so many times, come up with something new will you?

ASUMountaineer
September 20th, 2012, 01:26 PM
I don't know, Is the Citadel the best team in the history of the sport? I mean they did beat GSU but they scored 23 points. Georgia Southern doesn't have a great D.

You're the one with all of the knowledge, and have apparently seen Glenville State in person. So, I'm deferring to your vast knowledge.

Apphole
September 20th, 2012, 01:27 PM
So? Chatty is clearly the best team in the SoCon and the nation. Tebow Sr. had better be careful because once Tebow Jr. graduates, everyone in the NFL will forget about the elder Tebow. Stats don't matter, on-field results don't matter, scoreboards don't matter. Try to keep up!

Tebow Sr? Isn't that Russ Huesman now?

ASUMountaineer
September 20th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Tebow Sr? Isn't that Russ Huesman now?

No, he's Rex Ryan...without all of the bloating and hot air.

Apphole
September 20th, 2012, 01:30 PM
No, he's Rex Ryan...without all of the bloating and hot air.

Funny. I would have assumed Tebow Sr to be Junior Tebow's Dad/coach.

Here's an interesting thought: If Huesman plays a bad game against App State, will his daddy take away his TV privileges?

ASUMountaineer
September 20th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Funny. I would have assumed Tebow Sr to be Junior Tebow's Dad/coach.

Here's an interesting thought: If Huesman plays a bad game against App State, will his daddy take away his TV privileges?

Well, I don't think Russ has ever been compared to the one and only Tebow. So, I couldn't make him Tebow Sr.

No, he'll reward him with a participation trophy. It would be another moral victory for the Mocs.

blueballs
September 20th, 2012, 02:05 PM

That remains to be seen.

Citadel had about 260 yards of total offense against GSU. Both of their TD's came on short fields after turnovers.

Of course it might have something to do with the fact that when two option teams face each other- with both OC's coming from the same coaching tree running the same system- the defenses have an easier time prepping.

I'm willing to bet that GSU's defense is better than you think and I also bet App's defense will fare better facing a conventional offense with an inexperienced QB and a questionable o-line than it did against a triple option team playing at their best.

SpeedkingATL
September 20th, 2012, 02:11 PM
I'm willing to bet that GSU's defense is better than you think and I also bet App's defense will fare better facing a conventional offense with an inexperienced QB and a questionable o-line than it did against a triple option team playing at their best.

I certainly hope you are correct on that. Apps defense can't be as bad as it looked against Citdogs.

citdog
September 20th, 2012, 02:17 PM
I picked Yosef to bounce back 35-17. I heard that Johnny Unitas's ghost wanted to take the field for the mocs but saw that he couldn't get CLOSE to the field with that juggernaut qb corps chatty has got.

Apphole
September 20th, 2012, 02:19 PM
I picked Yosef to bounce back 35-17. I heard that Johnny Unitas's ghost wanted to take the field for the mocs but saw that he couldn't get CLOSE to the field with that juggernaut qb corps chatty has got.

Terrell Owens wanted to come back and play, but decided not to when he discovered he'd be buried in the depth chart with Robinson at WR. He's the best athlete on the field, you know, but he isn't the best receiver. xlolx

CID1990
September 20th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Terrell Owens wanted to come back and play, but decided not to when he discovered he'd be buried in the depth chart with Robinson at WR. He's the best athlete on the field, you know, but he isn't the best receiver. xlolx

Owens doesn't want to step back into the obscurity he enjoyed in that black hole called Chattanooga. Only UTC could do that to the greatest athlete evah.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 20th, 2012, 02:29 PM
I just like the fact that Chatmocs are to App St what the bobcats are to Montana.

2 irrelevant schools that want to sit at the big boy table so bad they are delirious in their thought process, like their opinion will somehow, some way make their perennially bad team mask their deficiencies on the field. Both the Mocs and the cats fans are like the ugly girl at closing time.............nobody wants to be seen with her, but damn will she try hard later that night!

If it wasnt so *****ing sad it would be more funnier than it already is........and SAD.....but still funny in a cute pathetic way.

But funny

bobcathpdevil56
September 20th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Now that is some good Thursday afternoon troll baiting

Apphole
September 20th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Now that is some good Thursday afternoon master baiting

FIFY

Silenoz
September 20th, 2012, 02:41 PM
BATIN'!

bobcathpdevil56
September 20th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Nothin better to master bait to than the tears of the defeated

bjtheflamesfan
September 20th, 2012, 02:54 PM
AG1 makes a fair point...UTC hasnt beaten ASU since 2004, hasnt won more than 6 games since 1997, and has had a winning record 3 times in the first part of the 21st century. The only way he can grasp even some shred of importance and relevance is by a) discussing moral victories b) denigrating the schools of fans who have the audacity to bring up facts about the Mocs' lack of success (especially in games that matter) and c) posting on message boards like this one while no doubt living in his mother's basement.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 20th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Mommies not home, shes doublin up on a pair of second string App St MLBs..........and showing them her version of "going for two"

Saint3333
September 20th, 2012, 03:15 PM

Jamal Jackson put up the same amount of offense vs. ECU. Are you going to claim JSU is better than ECU as well?

T-Dog
September 20th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Why is this thread much bigger than it was yesterday? Did Robinson quit again?

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 20th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Why is this thread much bigger than it was yesterday? Did Robinson quit again?

Yes, but hes back now from what I heard..............that is unless he quit again before I hit submit.

xcoffeex

bjtheflamesfan
September 20th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Unfortunately, any thread involving chattownmocs is like watching a train wreck...you cant pull yourself away from it

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 20th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Nor would you want to!

Smitty
September 20th, 2012, 06:50 PM

GATA
September 20th, 2012, 07:01 PM

Yeah...there's always next year....

It's good to be a chatty fan...

utcfan
September 22nd, 2012, 09:55 AM
As a Moc fan I feel we have a good shot to win this game, but, though we are far from the lows of the Allison years, we have simply risen to middle of the pack. This is a big game vs a tough opponent, but as they say in the SEC, every week in the SoCon is a big game vs a good opponent. Winning this game would be an important step. It will not mean the Mocs have "arrived" but it is a step closer to having a shot at the SoCon Championship and the playoffs. I do not see much of a reason to talk trash, the game will be settled on the field, and then both teams have to get ready for next week.

As far as next year, the Mocs have 5 Srs on 2 deep roster. Good reasons to think next year will be a good. Most of the team is made up of FR, RS-FR, and SO. However, if the Mocs have a shot at the playoffs this year and todays game will be an step important (for both teams) toward the playoffs this year.

straightshooter
September 22nd, 2012, 09:59 AM

It's almost laughable. Next year you say? They've already got a 2016 recruiting thread on their fan site.

smallcollegefbfan
September 22nd, 2012, 10:06 AM

What's funny is the smack that some fans will talk if they beat ASU or GSU or when either of you lose. That just goes to show the programs you built for someone like Chattownmocs to jump at the chance to smack talk.

Whatever happens today like UTCfan said it does not mean UTC has arrived but is a big step in getting there because it's a monkey they will get off their back. I will say that if UTC wins I don't think it makes them a SoCon title contender quite yet. Based on the past and what we know from this year you have to beat 2 out of Citadel, App, GSU, and Wofford to be a possible contender this year. And I would say you need wins against 3 of them to be a serious contender.

utcfan
September 22nd, 2012, 10:23 AM
With the loss to JSU, the Mocs do not have much margin of error to make the playoffs. Having to replace Presby with Glenville hurt us on FCS wins, assuming we would have beaten the Blue Hose at home last week. Going 6-2 would have us in the thick of things, and should get us in the playoffs. Will see what happens because in addition to Cit, ASU, GSU, and WC, the rest of the schedule isn't going to be easy either.

Apphole
September 22nd, 2012, 11:44 AM
Just a few more hours until Chattownmocs disappears until January.

bjtheflamesfan
September 22nd, 2012, 11:52 AM
Chattownmocs arrives to dispute your point in 5...4...3...2...1...

asumike83
September 22nd, 2012, 06:26 PM
Another barn burner could be in store here. 10-10 at the half. App has outgained UTC 208-71 but has committed two costly turnovers. Great defense on both sides, should be an intense second half.

T-Dog
September 22nd, 2012, 06:37 PM
Got this screencap from a halftime commercial

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f271/tdog231x/utcsmokey_zps5ce76a7b.jpg

chattanoogamocs
September 22nd, 2012, 06:55 PM
Got this screencap from a halftime commercial

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f271/tdog231x/utcsmokey_zps5ce76a7b.jpg

Almost as good as this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hICV-U9fsEo

MorgantonAPPAlum
September 22nd, 2012, 07:40 PM
Reports of our death have been greatly exaggerated.

PantherRob82
September 22nd, 2012, 07:40 PM
Mocs fail again. Lol