September 16th, 2012, 05:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0EqpqRM4Gg

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 16th, 2012, 05:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DZWgZMm8K8

Libertine
September 16th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Two things:
1). Montanans live in the best part of God's green earth. It's just an amazing place and there's nothing like it in the east. If you're from there and never been anywhere else, you have no idea what you have. If you're from elsewhere and never been there, you have no idea what you're missing. Also, thanks to the Idaho brush fires, the entire town smelled like a barbecue this weekend so that was nice.
2). You Griz fans on AGS are totally giving people the wrong impression. I have never met nicer, helpful, more polite people at a football game. I've been to places where, if you have to walk past a tailgate area in enemy colors, you keep your head on a swivel because at least one of the early drinkers is going to have something to say and possibly something to throw at you (ahem, West Virginia). This week, all I heard was "Welcome to Missoula!" from seemingly every third person.
All in all, a 20-point loss isn't fun but, still, the experience was outstanding. I will always be a Liberty fan but, after this weekend, Montana jumped up to #2.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 16th, 2012, 10:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeYBdtzoOnc

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 16th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Two things:
1). Montanans live in the best part of God's green earth. It's just an amazing place and there's nothing like it in the east. If you're from there and never been anywhere else, you have no idea what you have. If you're from elsewhere and never been there, you have no idea what you're missing. Also, thanks to the Idaho brush fires, the entire town smelled like a barbecue this weekend so that was nice.
2). You Griz fans on AGS are totally giving people the wrong impression. I have never met nicer, helpful, more polite people at a football game. I've been to places where, if you have to walk past a tailgate area in enemy colors, you keep your head on a swivel because at least one of the early drinkers is going to have something to say and possibly something to throw at you (ahem, West Virginia). This week, all I heard was "Welcome to Missoula!" from seemingly every third person.
All in all, a 20-point loss isn't fun but, still, the experience was outstanding. I will always be a Liberty fan but, after this weekend, Montana jumped up to #2.

Glad you enjoyed yourself and it was nice talking to some of your fans, they seemed to be having a good time.

As for the comment about us Griz fans on AGS.........if we act cordial and nice everyone will want to come to Montana! Now where is Grizo i want to kick him in the face with my knee.

xcoffeex

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 16th, 2012, 04:04 PM
I also want to comment on the fact that all of the Liberty fans that I talked to were very classy before and after the game. Very cool fan base and you guys actually brought quite a few fans when compared to other teams that come up to WGS.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 16th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Shoot I wish I could have met ya Libertine. Maybe I did and didn't know it. Liked the team and the fans. Good peops.

One thing about Montanans. We welcome everyone and our rough way of coming across usually only happens in a counter punching sort of way. Better to try and get along first and then if that doesn't work...xlolx

Wish the smoke had cleared so you could actually see the beauty and why it's called the Big Sky.

Grizalltheway
September 16th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Two things:

Classy post. It is a very special place and I miss it pretty much daily. It was great to be back for a game this weekend, but that smoke really bugged the hell out of me. Had a massive headache that I later had to kill with booze.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 16th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Poor baby....................its just some smoke hell even the Liberty fans dealt with it.

xcoffeex

IaaScribe
September 16th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Had a great time going out on Friday night in Missoula ... talked to all sorts of really cool people, even a few Bobcat fans in Red's. Went to Big Sky Brewery, hung out with some interesting folks at the Iron Horse, drank some IPAs at the Rhino and finished up with Red's and Tamarack (though just for water, had to get back to the hotel.) Can't remember the last time I went out by myself in a strange town and had so much fun. Great, friendly people at every turn. One of the better work road trips I've had. Only thing that can compare are trips to Charleston Southern (for the town, not the school.)

Sly Fox
September 16th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Disappointed that I didn't bump into any of you guy in Missoula. The smoke was awful but it didn't stop anyone from having a great weekend.

Grizalltheway
September 16th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Poor baby....................its just some smoke hell even the Liberty fans dealt with it.

xcoffeex

Thanks for your input.