PDA

View Full Version : Warner beats out McCown for starting job

blackfordpu
May 27th, 2005, 07:10 PM
This really sucks for Josh but hopefully Warner will show his age and McCown can get his job back.

full story (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2068442)

eaglefan452
May 27th, 2005, 09:34 PM
The Cardinals are so lousy, they will probably have a few starting quarterbacks this year. Dennis Green isn't exactly known for staying with a quarterback if he isn't winning games and producing for him.

Gil Dobie
May 27th, 2005, 10:12 PM
The Cardinals are so lousy, they will probably have a few starting quarterbacks this year. Dennis Green isn't exactly known for staying with a quarterback if he isn't winning games and producing for him.

Green is also noted for bringing in retreads, Randall Cunningham, Jeff George etc. To Denny "No Room for Crybabies" Green, it's the system, not the players.

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 27th, 2005, 11:48 PM

Maybe in the past but i don't believe that will be the case this year. Arizona IMO is one of the rising teams in the NFC. I think going with Warner is a the best bet for this team to succeed. He was doing a decent job for the Giants when they turned to Eli. He started to develop a relationship with Tiki similar to the one he had with Faulk. His wr's were horrendous however and gave him no downfield options, something he needs. He has 3 very talented young wr's in Fitz, Johnson and Boldin and if he avoids injury or fumblitis i can see him having a 30 TD 15 INT type year. I also think 'Zona got one of the steals of the draft in getting J.J Arrington. I saw a few Cal games and this guy is legit, arguably more impressive then Rodgers. He lead the nation in rushing last year amd i think is a darkhorse for Rookie of the Year. The NFC west is the weakest division in the NFL. Playing the downward spiralling Rams and Seahawks as well as putrid 9'ers twice is a nice benefit. Denny Green might now be Vince Lombardi but he was pretty successful at putting a winner on the field in Minnesota.

eaglefan452
May 29th, 2005, 01:14 PM
If somebody can make a winner in Arizona, I agree that Green can be that guy, but I don't think they will be anywhere near good this year. Granted, the NFC West is pitifully bad, but the Cardinals will most likely be fighting with the 49ers for the cellar. The Bidwells are the worst owners in sports and Arizona can fall to their knees and thank the Lord if they manage to win 7 games this year.