PDA

View Full Version : AGS Poll Open For Week 3

AGSPoll
September 15th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Voting is now open for the Week 3 AnyGivenSaturday Top 25. Please get your votes in early and check your email/PM Sunday night and Monday morning to make sure there aren't any problems or questions about your poll.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 16th, 2012, 02:54 AM
Ok, so where is the link? I don't see the usual AGSPoll logo that you click on to get there. Am I missing something? Thanks.

Squealofthepig
September 16th, 2012, 02:58 AM
Not missing anything, it's just not there. Here's a link though (not at all certain if it's specific to me, but don't believe it is): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?pli=1&formkey=dFh0WUUwenZCZVd5a0JRVUV3VDk2d0E6MA#gid=0

frozennorth
September 16th, 2012, 04:02 AM
picking my 10-20 teams was pretty rough. Had a ton of random churn in my ratings from last week

superman7515
September 16th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Ok, so where is the link? I don't see the usual AGSPoll logo that you click on to get there. Am I missing something? Thanks.

The link is always there, it's that big red VOTE HERE in the signature.

AGSPoll
September 16th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Bump

LakesBison
September 16th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Man there awesome bad fcs teams , when you go to fill out poll u realize that

CID1990
September 16th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Man there awesome bad fcs teams , when you go to fill out poll u realize that

Awesome bad.

Is that the 17 years talking?

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 16th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Just finished a while ago. Shouldn't have a problem finding enough teams to fill the 25 slots. Had to leave some good-looking teams out of the top 25. Should be a very lively discussion when the poll comes out tomorrow.

Squealofthepig
September 16th, 2012, 02:56 PM
/bump

DSUrocks07
September 16th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Got my vote in! xthumbsupx

FargoBison
September 16th, 2012, 06:49 PM
I just voted and I did a lot of reshuffling with my poll. Knocked some teams back that won while rewarded others I felt that I have slighted(Cal Poly and The Citadel especially).

Twentysix
September 16th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Some shuffling ensued for me also, which is to be expected at this point.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 16th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Some shuffling ensued for me also, which is to be expected at this point.

Definitely. If you don't have a ballot that reflects what The Citadel has done so far then I gotta say you ain't doing the poll justice at this point.

I thought The Citadel would be decent but so far they are 3-0 and have knocked out the two heavyweights in the SoCon in consecutive weeks. To hold on to anything I thought previously about where they are would be flat out wrong so my ballot is gonna have some shuffling based on what I know now as well.

Humble Steward
September 16th, 2012, 07:07 PM
My vote is in.

GoAgs72
September 16th, 2012, 07:12 PM
The Citadel took the biggest jump in my poll - from not being in it to ninth. I think they are for real.

DJKyR0
September 16th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Citadel enters my poll at #7. Would rank them higher for beating two teams I've had in the top 5 prior to their Citadelification, but haven't seen enough to put them in with teams I believe to be elite in the country. Hope to rectify that in the next few weeks. Congrats to Citadel fans, it has to be awesome to suddenly be the hot team in the FCS.

JSUBison
September 16th, 2012, 07:19 PM
I had a hard time figuring out what to do with UNI. They are winless in DI, but I think they are probably better than many of the top 25 teams. They are kind of like EWU at the beginning of the season last year, people had a hard time slotting them. Next week's UNI/YSU game should tell me if they deserve what I gave them in my poll.

Twentysix
September 16th, 2012, 07:20 PM
The Citadel is #11 for me from #15. Though GSU and APP are probably alot lower on my poll than most others, which somewhat reflects the Citadel's not top 10 ranking.

Prior to the App cit game starting, citadel was ranked 3 spots higher than app... I wasn't overly surpsied that the citadel won, I was overly surprised by the score however.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 16th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Not a huge deal fella's but try and honor the "not divulging team rankings until the poll is released" thing if we could. I blame myself because I started that fire but all the same if we could allow others to do their poll without a cheat sheet in this thread.:D

That being said, I think you all are doing right with what you have posted so far.xthumbsupx

BlueHenSinfonian
September 16th, 2012, 10:23 PM
I just voted, and this was by far the toughest week yet. There are teams that seem like they could be good, but the record just doesn't support it yet, and others who have impressive records but no history to back it up. So far I'm voting based mostly on records this year. Hopefully once conference play starts things will get a bit clearer.

crusader11
September 16th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Very interested to see where The Citadel checks in tomorrow. It would be a crime if they're not a Top 10 team. I have them at #5 in my poll.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 16th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Very interested to see where The Citadel checks in tomorrow. It would be a crime if they're not a Top 10 team. I have them at #5 in my poll.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?116691-AGS-Poll-Open-For-Week-3&p=1844720&viewfull=1#post1844720

crusader11
September 16th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Whoops. Sorry.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 16th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Whoops. Sorry.xlolx

Quite alright, just want to put out those reminders when I see them crop up.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 16th, 2012, 11:45 PM
I just voted, and this was by far the toughest week yet. There are teams that seem like they could be good, but the record just doesn't support it yet, and others who have impressive records but no history to back it up. So far I'm voting based mostly on records this year. Hopefully once conference play starts things will get a bit clearer.

+1 for me. Things have swung wildly from week to week so far.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 17th, 2012, 06:03 AM
+1 for me. Things have swung wildly from week to week so far.

This.

I already hate my poll for this week. I hope I can do better next. UNI too high in retrospect and Cal Poly too low.

ElonFirefighter
September 17th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Originally Posted by crusader11

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?116691-AGS-Poll-Open-For-Week-3&p=1844720&viewfull=1#post1844720

Apparently it is also a crime to say who you voted for and where. ;)

BTW Ive already added them to the BCS top 5, They should play in the National Championship Bowl

BisonBacker
September 17th, 2012, 09:44 AM
I have several bubble teams that could arguably be in the top 20-25 possibly even higher. The coming weeks are going to clear up some of the pretenders and will also make for some hard decisions for teams who justifiably should or could be top 25 teams but just beat up on each other in damn good conferences. What I have tried not to do this year is make to much out of FBS losses and make wild moves up or down of teams in my top 25 based on one game. I do have some teams lower than others that even I look at and think maybe they should be higher but I'm also going by this years records and not just past hiistory. While it's been some tough decisions on who to put where it's also been a blast.

bluehenbillk
September 17th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Some wild swings in my poll in the SoCon - including a biggie that I left unranked this week for maybe the first time ever in my AGS poll.....

ElonFirefighter
September 17th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Some wild swings in my poll in the SoCon - including a biggie that I left unranked this week for maybe the first time ever in my AGS poll.....

Well I hate to hear that you dropped Elon from your Poll this week xlolx

AGSPoll
September 17th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Just over a half hour left...

LakesBison
September 17th, 2012, 10:24 AM
freakin A, I screwed up and left ODU out. they should be top 10, man, hope that urses caught that. argh!

AGSPoll
September 17th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Poll is closed. Thanks to all who participated.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 17th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Gah!!! I thought it closed at 1 EDT... UGH!!!!

BisonBacker
September 17th, 2012, 11:08 AM

I would contend that if you have "Wild Swings" in your poll you have made some mistakes in your past polls. Teams shouldn't be dropped or raised "Wildly" based on 1 game. Just my opinion. I'm not trying to be critical either or knock your poll just making an observation. I have a feeling I know who you are referring to. I think you like many probably gave to much credence on past history vs. play this season. Early season voting I can understand that. Some of the teams in my top 25 are first timers for me to vote them there.

ElonFirefighter
September 17th, 2012, 11:10 AM
So now can we talk about hot APP Dropped like they were HOT HOT HOT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaCodgL9cvk

frozennorth
September 17th, 2012, 11:13 AM
I would contend that if you have "Wild Swings" in your poll you have made some mistakes in your past polls. Teams shouldn't be dropped or raised "Wildly" based on 1 game. Just my opinion. I'm not trying to be critical either or knock your poll just making an observation. I have a feeling I know who you are referring to. I think you like many probably gave to much credence on past history vs. play this season. Early season voting I can understand that. Some of the teams in my top 25 are first timers for me to vote them there.

I remake my poll from scratch every time, 'wild swings' come with the territory, especially this early in the year

BisonBacker
September 17th, 2012, 11:17 AM
I remake my poll from scratch every time, 'wild swings' come with the territory, especially this early in the year
Early year voting some turmoil is expected but "wild swings" shouldn't be part of it. If you are making Wild swinigs in your poll voting than you are not doing your homework IMO. Now if you continue to make Wild Swings later in the year than you have no place voting. One game win or lose barring something extraordinary shouldn't necessitate a wild swing.

OhioHen
September 17th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Early year voting some turmoil is expected but "wild swings" shouldn't be part of it. If you are making Wild swinigs in your poll voting than you are not doing your homework IMO. Now if you continue to make Wild Swings later in the year than you have no place voting. One game win or lose barring something extraordinary shouldn't necessitate a wild swing.

A 1-1 team in your Top 10 (which I would argue shouldn't be there anyway, but that's a different point) losing to a lower ranked team (or worse, an unranked team) should have a big drop. A 2-0 team that you previously overlooked or under-valued that wins big on the road against a higher ranked team should rise significantly.

That may be what frozennorth refers to as a "wild swing."

BisonBacker
September 17th, 2012, 11:53 AM
A 1-1 team in your Top 10 (which I would argue shouldn't be there anyway, but that's a different point) losing to a lower ranked team (or worse, an unranked team) should have a big drop. A 2-0 team that you previously overlooked or under-valued that wins big on the road against a higher ranked team should rise significantly.

That may be what frozennorth refers to as a "wild swing."

I've had one oversight that resulted in what I would call a wild swing so I'm not claiming perfection but in my case an error. Now some would say that error was justified given that particular teams performance/record so far this year. But with that being said my opinion is if you are making swings / raises or drops of 10/12 or more based on one game it's my opinion you either are not doing your homework or had an oversight but it shouldn't be something that is done routinely. xtwocentsx

Fear the Bird
September 17th, 2012, 12:47 PM
I've had one oversight that resulted in what I would call a wild swing so I'm not claiming perfection but in my case an error. Now some would say that error was justified given that particular teams performance/record so far this year. But with that being said my opinion is if you are making swings / raises or drops of 10/12 or more based on one game it's my opinion you either are not doing your homework or had an oversight but it shouldn't be something that is done routinely. xtwocentsx

I would agree with this after week 3...with FBS games, D2 games etc. you really have no clue other than history and similar results (there aren't many). By next week there is no reason for wild swings