PDA

View Full Version : For Central Arkansas, the calm before Division I storm

TexasTerror
July 24th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Nice read on UCA and the challenges forthcoming this season as they play in tough environments on the I-AA level from the opening kick. Good prep for the SLC if you ask me!

07/24/2006

By NOAH TRISTER
AP Sports Writer

LITTLE ROCK (AP) - Central Arkansas' football schedule will be a tough one this season. The Bears have road games in California, South Dakota, Illinois and Georgia.

Defensive end Jacob Ford isn't concerned about all that travel.

``That's cool,'' he said. ``I don't mind the travel. I get to go to California!''

Central Arkansas' first season as a Division I-AA team begins next month. Practice starts Aug. 8. The Bears' first game is Aug. 31 at Little Rock's War Memorial Stadium against Henderson State, a regional rival from Division II.

Anticipation is already building.

``Obviously, we've got a lot of challenges,'' coach Clint Conque said Thursday. ``With those challenges come opportunity.''

http://www.ncaafootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=32&url_subchannel_id=&url_article_id=6785&change_well_id=2

GaSouthern
July 24th, 2006, 08:26 PM
I think they will be a pretty good team, I dont believe they will have a chance against a GSU team that has had an entire season to gel and get their bearings. Also after we will be playing potential #1 in the nation again the previous week in the form of Furman I just don't see how they will have a chance in Statesboro. Now if we were opening against them instead of CCSU, i'd be alittle nervous.

RabidRabbit
July 24th, 2006, 09:36 PM
I think they will be a pretty good team, I dont believe they will have a chance against a GSU team that has had an entire season to gel and get their bearings. Also after we will be playing potential #1 in the nation again the previous week in the form of Furman I just don't see how they will have a chance in Statesboro. Now if we were opening against them instead of CCSU, i'd be alittle nervous.

I expect GaSouthern will show UCA all the same courtesy that did SDSU two years ago, LOL

Likewise, as the 2nd best home game at SDSU, I hope that Jackrabbits show them how far they have yet to get.

UCA has set a tough road, and a fair test of what's in I-AA. I commend them on this 2006 schedule, and the 2007 schedule that they're setting up.