PDA

View Full Version : Just when you thought the triple option was antiquated...

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 15th, 2012, 05:34 PM
The Citadel walks into one of the toughest places to play in the FCS and runs App. State off the field with 600 yards of offense. They could've gotten a lot more but they wanted to play it safe in the second half and chew up clock. I will look it up but it could be the most points an ASU team has given up in KBS in many years.

Point being, this is the team that last year arguably did better on defense against GSU than any team last year (including NDSU, GSU only stayed in the game because of special teams and second half defense) has just been torched by a team that hasn't sniffed the FCS playoffs in almost two decades.

Can we put to rest these myths that if you are "disciplined" or "playing good assignment football" you will always stop this offense?

ExpandSpanos
September 15th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Speaking of the option.. Cal Poly up 14-0 over Wyoming 3:15 left in first quarter.

Drblankstare
September 15th, 2012, 05:52 PM
The TO is tough, but I still think that if the D stays on point it can be contained. No offense is purely unstoppable.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 15th, 2012, 05:53 PM
The TO is tough, but I still think that if the D stays on point it can be contained. No offense is purely unstoppable.

Correct. And there is also no such thing as an offense that is a "gimmick".

ASUMountaineer
September 15th, 2012, 05:54 PM
I put this on twitter earlier: I officially hate the triple option more than I hate broccoli, the Cowgirls, kicks in the tender parts, and trips to the dentist.

I stand by my statement. As I said earlier in another thread, big props to El Cid, they came to play and simply dominated. xsmileyclapx

Mountaineer
September 15th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Can we put to rest these myths that if you are "disciplined" or "playing good assignment football" you will always stop this offense?

It certainly makes defending easier. Unfortunately today, App was neither disciplined nor did they play good assignment football. Props to El Cid for making it work.