PDA

View Full Version : Props to The Citadel

ASUMountaineer
September 15th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Wow! I know the game isn't over, but what an impressive performance, the Bulldogs came to play. ASU had no answer for the TO. At this point, they are 10-11 on third down. Bravo to Kevin Higgins and his players. Much respect.

theasushow
September 15th, 2012, 04:45 PM
I really just hope Citadel is that good..and we arent THAT bad.

AppChicago
September 15th, 2012, 05:18 PM
I really just hope Citadel is that good..and we arent THAT bad.

This question is perpetually moot. You're as good as you play. We got whupped. Big ups to El Cid. And Apps? Refocus, reload, and make this a lesson.

Drblankstare
September 15th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Congrats to the Cit. Im not sure how many SOCON watchers saw this coming.

Mountaineer
September 15th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Congrats to the Cit. Im not sure how many SOCON watchers saw this coming.

I don't think even most Citadel fans saw this coming. xlolx Ran into a couple of 'em after the game and shook their hands. I think they were kind of in shock. :p

ASUMountaineer
September 15th, 2012, 05:52 PM
This question is perpetually moot. You're as good as you play. We got whupped. Big ups to El Cid. And Apps? Refocus, reload, and make this a lesson.

Exactly. It doesn't get any easier moving forward. It's still great to be a mountaineer, but black is an appropriate color for today. With that said, Hi-Hi Yikas!

ElCid
September 15th, 2012, 06:04 PM
I don't think even most Citadel fans saw this coming. xlolx Ran into a couple of 'em after the game and shook their hands. I think they were kind of in shock. :p

My wife and I and an old Cid grad listened to it on the internet. We are still looking at each other with dumb looks on our faces. While I knew it was possible, but not probable, to win, there is no way that anyone saw any possibility to the level of domination that occurred today.

whoanellie
September 15th, 2012, 06:11 PM
is there a link for a video replay? maybe biggest upset in SoCon history looking at where the game was played and the score.

Mountaineer
September 15th, 2012, 06:14 PM
..there is no way that anyone saw any possibility to the level of domination that occurred today.

You don't have to rub it in. :D

Maybe biggest upset in SoCon history looking at where the game was played and the score.

Uh yeah, there's No Vacancy at the Hyperbole Motel. Impressive performance, but biggest upset in history? xblehx

dbackjon
September 15th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Great win for the Knobs

proasu89
September 15th, 2012, 07:00 PM
is there a link for a video replay? maybe biggest upset in SoCon history looking at where the game was played and the score.

Nope. VMI holds that honor from 1995. Congrats to The Citadel for a total a$$ whupping. No upset here as the better team won.

Eaglesrus
September 15th, 2012, 07:53 PM
I said after our game last week that The Citadel was better than I, and most other people gave them credit for, but WOW. Congratulations to the Bulldogs!

SpeedkingATL
September 15th, 2012, 07:55 PM
That wasn't an upset, the better team won. Dupree was the best athlete on the field by far.

paward
September 15th, 2012, 08:03 PM
It could be The Citadel year. They just beat back to back my two teams I picked to win the SoCon. They are just killing my poll each week.

BucBisonAtLarge
September 15th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Those are some 'dogs! There is a lot of the season left to play, but everyone else in the SOCON has Appy and GaSo in their futures. Those two league wins are just that, 2 w's, but probably a bit more valuable.

StorminASU
September 15th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Not to take ANYTHING away from the obviously better team, but it wasn't even close today and it has to come down to the coaches. App has rested on their laurels for years and I thought it would change with so many new coaches, but it didn't seem to. No coach even approached the O-line on the bench until 5 minutes left to go in the third. I know everyone loves Jerry Moore, but this is his responsibility and he never steps up to change it. I'm sick of mediocrity. We wouldn't have won today, but we could have at least kept it respectable.

Good job Bulldogs, y'all might run the table this year

ngineer
September 15th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Congrats to Lehigh South! That ol' Yankee Higgins workin' some magic.

grayghost06
September 15th, 2012, 09:32 PM
When did the bellhops get so good? These last two games at are quite a statement. Congrats

Apphole
September 15th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Beating the two SoCon powerhouses in consecutive weeks almost takes the sting off of not getting into West Point.

Kidding. These dawgs are a hell of a team. A win over Wofford and they coast to the SoCon championship. Congrats to the Cadet's for handing App possibly it's worst home loss in a long and proud history. Flawless game by the Citadel.

WileECoyote06
September 15th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Wow. . ..I'm convinced. They'll get a serious bump in my poll.

CitadelGrad
September 15th, 2012, 11:20 PM
Beating the two SoCon powerhouses in consecutive weeks almost takes the sting off of not getting into West Point.

Kidding. These dawgs are a hell of a team. A win over Wofford and they coast to the SoCon championship. Congrats to the Cadet's for handing App possibly it's worst home loss in a long and proud history. Flawless game by the Citadel.

I got into West Point. It was the Naval Academy that rejected me. Didn't want to be a swabbie anyway.

frozennorth
September 15th, 2012, 11:23 PM
someone is going from unranked straight to my top10

AppMan
September 15th, 2012, 11:41 PM
proasu89 it was actually 1994. ASU could have won the conference championship outright by beating a winless VMI team. Couldn't pull it off.

Congrats to The Citadel. This is by far the best Bulldog team I've seen in a long, long time. Always said Higgins was a good coach.

As far as ASU is concerned everyone should have known we would struggle defensively in this game. It is hard enough for an experienced unit to stop that option attack, but with 1 & 1/2 years starting experience in the two deep 4 down d-line and 3 young & inexperienced (1st year starters) guys in an injury riddled back seven it is darn near impossible. During the game I made the point - was glad to hear Steve Brown back me up on the wrap up show - by not getting a few first downs the defensive staff had little or no time to make adjustments on the sidelines. As young as this bunch is adjustments are hard to make on the fly. A seasoned group can adapt and change quickly, but a bunch of newbies is a totally different story.

My frustration is with the offense. I was ridiculed to some degree last year when I expressed concern about Jamal Jackson's inability to run the ball. I even pointed to Satterfield's comments during the signing day reception indicating a concern over this aspect of Jamal's skill set. People seem to have forgotten our version of the spread starts and ends with the QB's ability to put pressure on the defense by his ability to run. Richie and AE were actual every down running threats, Jamal is not. Yes, he can make yards when a play breaks down, but 90% of the time the only running option in our spread option attack is Jamal giving off to a back. When a defense does not have to respect the running of a QB they can key on the RB and cover when necessary. I think we see Jamal roll out to put what pressure he can on the defense. Plus, opposing coaches know we are mighty thin at QB and are not going to keep Jamal from as much punishment as possible. Complicating the issue is not having a Kevin Richardson or healthy Devon Moore type running threat. Miller's stats look good, but most of that yardage was made long after the game had been settled. Hopefully getting Rod back will help that somewhat.

Bogus Megapardus
September 15th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Congrats to El Cid. Impressive!

ASUG8
September 16th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Congrats dogs..... painful, but you guys might be the real deal this season. Best of luck.

OL FU
September 16th, 2012, 09:39 AM
You don't have to rub it in. :D

Uh yeah, there's No Vacancy at the Hyperbole Motel. Impressive performance, but biggest upset in history? xblehx

That is probably an 0-10 VMI taking you guys down in 1994.xnodx

I think have the year right

GreatAppSt
September 16th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Citadel fans App hasn't quite yet been shown the door out of the SoCon racexnonox, but you most definatly have handed us our hatxnodx.

Congrats on a great win for your program.

SU DOG
September 16th, 2012, 11:59 AM
I want to also offer congratulations from Samford Fans to The Citadel. WOW!!! NOBODY saw this coming!!!

catamount man
September 16th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Good job bellhops!