PDA

View Full Version : Fisher Field Progress Report...

Pard4Life
July 24th, 2006, 09:58 AM
..like we haven't seen this thread before.. :D

Made a visit to Fisher this past weekend for the first time since graduation weekend, and progress has been dramatic. Despite what the skpetics are saying, I think the field will be done on time.

Work on the press box/bathrooms/luxury suties are progressing. Two backhoes are in the area carving out the hole. A rectangular hole has been dug adjacent to the rear cement wall of the stands. Here, it looks like the cement foundation for the press box pillars are being poured. They look completed, but more might have to be put in. I am guessing by the end of this week the proper area of the press box will be dug and the concrete foundation will be poured.

The stands look immaculate, and have been scrubed/power washed/painted with a light tan color. The entire south stands have been completed in this regard. They took out the top two rows in the middle 50% of the grandstand and have constructed a flat extension of the top row.. I guess for wheelchair access? Also, extending from west to east, about 75% of the stands have sets of heavy-duty screws drilled into the structure.. awaiting installation of the seats. This should start shortly... a fairly large shipment of alumnium bleachers appeared to be sitting near the field in their packaging. The stairs seem to be in excellent shape too.

The bottom of the stands.. where there used to be the cement wall up against the track.. has been completely remade. Where the bottom row used to be, followed by the wall... a flat walkway exists that extends 6-7 feet from the bottom row of seats. In other words.... it looks like they built over the bottom two rows and the top of the old wall is apart of the walkway.

I also walked down onto the field. The new walkway and wall I mentioned above is about 6'4" when standing on the field. There is even some slate exposed against the base of the wall. The field is progressing very nicely.. rollers have created a flat gravel surface and additional gravel is being added on the western half. The drainage system is being constructed... the pipes are protruding from where the edge of the field will be.. about every five yards. Additionally, they tore down the trees and grass that existed on the western slope of the hill next to the scoreboard.

Work on the visiting stands are progressing. The front/base will is up.. as well as the concrete base supports throughout the base area. It seems to be longer than the older stand. I didn't walk on the north end because a storm was approaching.

Just some quick notes and observations:
-the field really is going to be close to the stands... the corners of the new field are comnig pretty close to the wall... and it seems the players will be close to the stands...
-still no idea where the lights will be.. and no sign of their construction..
-still no idea how they are going to build that 60x20 yard practice field without tearing down the Strength/Varsity House
-sight lines really are going to be improved with the new depth and proximity... doesn't seem to be a bad seat in the house
-the lower concourse area is going to be a nice feature
-Lafayette is going to have one of the top stadiums in I-AA :D

I have some pictures on my camera that I will try to upload later tonight.

carney2
July 24th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Will check it out next week at the preseason football forum. Any of you other AGS Pards planning to attend? If yes, can we make a pact to ask real questions during the Q&A instead of that softball stuff that usually passes for inquiries at these events?

Pard4Life
July 24th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Will check it out next week at the preseason football forum. Any of you other AGS Pards planning to attend? If yes, can we make a pact to ask real questions during the Q&A instead of that softball stuff that usually passes for inquiries at these events?

That is next week already? Yikes.. I guess at Center Valley?

Pards Rule
July 24th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Pard, what is the distance between the wall at back of stands and new footers for the press box, would you guess?

carney2
July 24th, 2006, 12:10 PM
That is next week already? Yikes.. I guess at Center Valley?

7:00 PM, Wednesday, August 2nd @ the Wilson Room, Pfenning Alumni Center. Should be able to merely walk out on the balcony for a view of the new Fisher Field. (For those not familiar with the location, it is the building at the lower left corner of my avatar picture where the roof of the building is shown. The Alumni Center includes a large balcony from which one can actually watch the football game in progress.)

carney2
July 24th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Pard, what is the distance between the wall at back of stands and new footers for the press box, would you guess?

The artist's rendition shows the press box on top of the new 21st century johns, and there is a promenade - if that is the correct term - shown between the back row of the south stands and the new construction. Is this how it is working out?

Pard4Life
July 24th, 2006, 12:20 PM

Zero.. the new footers of the press box are right up against the backwall. I assume this is going to be the front portion of the overhang and the press box will be directly above and in line with the back wall.

I will post some pictures tonight so everyone can see.

Pard4Life
July 24th, 2006, 12:23 PM
The artist's rendition shows the press box on top of the new 21st century johns, and there is a promenade - if that is the correct term - shown between the back row of the south stands and the new construction. Is this how it is working out?

The artist's rendition might not be 100% accurate. There a few other miniscule things that indicate it is not accurate... i.e. no visitor tunnel. Also it looks like the lower councourse and track are at the same height. In truth.. the concourse and track height will likely differ about six feet.

carney2
July 24th, 2006, 12:26 PM
The artist's rendition might not be 100% accurate. There a few other miniscule things that indicate it is not accurate... i.e. no visitor tunnel.

Also, the artist shows 4 light towers instead of the 6 that are "promised."

Pard4Life
July 24th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Also, the artist shows 4 light towers instead of the 6 that are "promised."

That's another thing. Still no idea how that will work.. or where they will be built.

Pards Rule
July 24th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Zero.. the new footers of the press box are right up against the backwall. I assume this is going to be the front portion of the overhang and the press box will be directly above and in line with the back wall.

I will post some pictures tonight so everyone can see.
Please do..I'm assuming the coaches now will be higher but no further from the field and within earshot!

Pard4Life
July 24th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Please do..I'm assuming the coaches now will be higher but no further from the field and within earshot!

I know that is your biggest concern with the new place! :) However, it looks as if the coaches' box will be directly behind the seat-backs ($20 seats and licensed seats). Nothing will beat being able to rest your head against the old wooden shack houses with the defensive coaches two feet away.

carney2
July 24th, 2006, 12:45 PM

We're loving that "earshot" thing, aren't we? Not for the clean of language nor the pure of heart.

Pards Rule
July 24th, 2006, 12:51 PM
I know that is your biggest concern with the new place! :) However, it looks as if the coaches' box will be directly behind the seat-backs ($20 seats and licensed seats). Nothing will beat being able to rest your head against the old wooden shack houses with the defensive coaches two feet away.

I haven't come across any I-AA venue that the coaches were in such proximity. I just loved that about Fisher. Alas, like everything else I cherish it is being altered to the detriment :(

Pard4Life
July 24th, 2006, 12:54 PM
I haven't come across any I-AA venue that the coaches were in such proximity. I just loved that about Fisher. Alas, like everything else I cherish it is being altered to the detriment :(

I guess it's wait-n' see right now. Who knows, we might still have the earshot aura.

One thing we definetely need is a sound system upgrade.. and a more polished pep band.. yikes!

carney2
July 24th, 2006, 01:17 PM
I guess it's wait-n' see right now. Who knows, we might still have the earshot aura.

One thing we definetely need is a sound system upgrade.. and a more polished pep band.. yikes!

Double yikes - with whipped cream topping. I know that the kids are volunteers and are doing what they can, but I always scrunch down in my seat in embarrassment whenever the halftime "show" comes into view.

Pard4Life
July 24th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Double yikes - with whipped cream topping. I know that the kids are volunteers and are doing what they can, but I always scrunch down in my seat in embarrassment whenever the halftime "show" comes into view.

Or just playing music during the quarters... very off-key.. I know their director's position was elimiated sadly. They used to be good, even going back like three years.

Even the rap music they play pregame is awful. I feel lame for cheering with the old folks when they finally shut it off.

But, I will say without a doubt, Lehigh does have us beat badly when it comes to band quality. :(

carney2
July 24th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Or just playing music during the quarters... very off-key.. I know their director's position was elimiated sadly. They used to be good, even going back like three years.

Even the rap music they play pregame is awful. I feel lame for cheering with the old folks when they finally shut it off.

But, I will say without a doubt, Lehigh does have us beat badly when it comes to band quality. :(

As for the rap crap, methinks that they play it for the students - who are rarely in attendance, anyway.

I agree with the comparison vs. Lehigh in ragards to the bands. In truth however, the "Marching 99" is not what it used to be either. Cutting a break for the Pards I want to point out that Lehigh's Class of 2010 numbers more than 1,200, while Lafayette's entire student enrollment is only a little over 2,300. In addition, I doubt if Lafayette's Music Department enrollment is all that high.

Enough with the excuses. The band, the halftime, most of the traditional college football "extras" supplied by the students is seriously lacking on College Hill.

Pard4Life
July 24th, 2006, 03:50 PM
As for the rap crap, methinks that they play it for the students - who are rarely in attendance, anyway.

I agree with the comparison vs. Lehigh in ragards to the bands. In truth however, the "Marching 99" is not what it used to be either. Cutting a break for the Pards I want to point out that Lehigh's Class of 2010 numbers more than 1,200, while Lafayette's entire student enrollment is only a little over 2,300. In addition, I doubt if Lafayette's Music Department enrollment is all that high.

Enough with the excuses. The band, the halftime, most of the traditional college football "extras" supplied by the students is seriously lacking on College Hill.

..yeah.. and even though it was a valiant effort... Franks Tanks needs work..

Pard4Life
July 24th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Here are some of the pictures I took of Fisher Field.

Check the next post for the pictures and descriptions..

Pard4Life
July 24th, 2006, 09:44 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2550&d=1153794500

Here is the view from the parking deck bottom level. You can see the hole in the foreground and the concrete pillars I speak of, which I believe is the base of the press box.

PS Anybody know how to import better images? 13? These are so much better before resizing them to fit the upload...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2552&d=1153794563

This is a closer look of the hole. Note the pillars and earth moving equipment...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2554&d=1153794687

Note the top of the stands.. here is the concrete extension of what I assume will be handicap seating. The slab extends from the top of the stands until about two rows out. Also, note the screws in the concrete.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2555&d=1153794825

This is the bottom.. the old wall is now the top of the concourse that extends out pretty far. I origonall guessed 6-7 feet. It looks like 10 feet here.. Don't be decieved, but that wall meeting the field is fairly high and I am standing at the top of stairs. Note the aluminum bleachers in their casing, the stripped hillside, and field.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2556&d=1153794880

I turned around on the stairs here.. the opposite end.. note the wall and how close the field comes to the stands. You can see a better view of the concourse here that I assume will form a circle around the stadium.

Pard4Life
July 24th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Part 2 of pictures. See the next post for pictures and description...

Pard4Life
July 24th, 2006, 10:08 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2557&d=1153795790

A view of the stairs I was standing on and here one can better see the height of the wall. As you can see there are quite a few stairs and when I stand against the wall, it is a few inches taller than me.. and I am 5'10"-5'11.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2558&d=1153795870

The view towards the Kirby Center. Pipes for drainage in the foreground.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2559&d=1153795917

The future 50-yard line.. I think... note the wall of the visitor stands in the background. You might be able to see the foundation pillars of the visitor stands in a following image.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2561&d=1153796090

The view from the top, facing APK.. you get a good view from up here.. row of section SG..

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2560&d=1153796034

A view of the field from the stands. Some of the foundation gravel is being graded so the field turf can be installed. You might be able to discern it from this photo.. but where is that practice field going to fit? The visitor stands will extend too far.. and strength house is in the way..

As you can see, the black storm cloud is moving in... and P4L is outta here before he becomes a lightning rod.. so I didn't venture to the other side. Maybe next time... at least you all don't have to wait for goleopards.com to post some updates! :D :rotateh:

ngineer
July 24th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Looks great guys. Just get those bathrooms done. The lights can wait..:D

Pard4Life
July 25th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Looks great guys. Just get those bathrooms done. The lights can wait..:D

Those bathrooms are for our side.. you will have to use the construction port-o-johns :rotateh:

Pards Rule
July 25th, 2006, 08:45 AM
Excellent pics and commentary, Pard. Wow that whole hillside is gone! I remember my freshman year watching a frat use one of those trees to break a section of the wooden goalpost (back in the good ole days when they had wooden posts - God, I sound like an ol' timer). In the near future the students of today will say "I remember picking splinters out of my tail from the wooden bleachers" :). I assume the concourse will run UNDER the press/coaches box from the looks of things. It's going to be a complete renovation job and so long overdue.

Pard4Life
July 25th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Excellent pics and commentary, Pard. Wow that whole hillside is gone! I remember my freshman year watching a frat use one of those trees to break a section of the wooden goalpost (back in the good ole days when they had wooden posts - God, I sound like an ol' timer). In the near future the students of today will say "I remember picking splinters out of my tail from the wooden bleachers" :). I assume the concourse will run UNDER the press/coaches box from the looks of things. It's going to be a complete renovation job and so long overdue.

Yep, that is our assumption.. so when you are waiting in line for the bathroom (or hopefully not given larger bathrooms) you won't get rained on. That will be the upper, then there will be the middle.. with concessions and gift stands... and the lower. This was outlined in the alumni magazine.

carney2
July 25th, 2006, 09:08 AM
There is currently a hillside - dare I say grasy knoll? - at each end of the south (home) stands. Any ideas what's going there? Landscaping? A downhill "slide" for drunken students to do their impression of Wide World of Sport's "agony of defeat?"

Pard4Life
July 25th, 2006, 09:21 AM
There is currently a hillside - dare I say grasy knoll? - at each end of the south (home) stands. Any ideas what's going there? Landscaping? A downhill "slide" for drunken students to do their impression of Wide World of Sport's "agony of defeat?"

In the 'proved to be not 100% accurate artist renderings', the southwest hillside will be grass seating. Students usually sit on the southeast hill, but that might be too step for anybody else.

Andy
July 25th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Fantastic, P4L! I especially like the shot of the field showing the new sight lines. Also, I didn't realize there would be stairs jutting out like that...thought the track would go right up to the wall. How long till we see some green?

Pard4Life
July 25th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Fantastic, P4L! I especially like the shot of the field showing the new sight lines. Also, I didn't realize there would be stairs jutting out like that...thought the track would go right up to the wall. How long till we see some green?

Judging from the present state, and if they don't stop or are held up, I'd say three weeks until the turf gets installed. They ripped up astroturf and installed FieldTurf at a university near me.. drove by it everyday and it the entire process took about 3-4 weeks.

Pards Rule
July 26th, 2006, 09:03 AM
Our home opener is still Penn Sept. 16th? When do tix go on sale? I'm going on vacation this Friday for a week to Long Beach Island. I gotta remember to call when I am down there! Spray Beach area for those of you familiar with LBI.

Pard4Life
July 26th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Our home opener is still Penn Sept. 16th? When do tix go on sale? I'm going on vacation this Friday for a week to Long Beach Island. I gotta remember to call when I am down there! Spray Beach area for those of you familiar with LBI.

The game goes on as scheduled. The field and stands should be ready barring a disaster. Tickets have traditionally gone on sale August 1 and they should this year as well. Check goleopards.com football section or the back page of your alumni magazine.

carney2
July 26th, 2006, 09:45 AM

Given that the latest issue of the alumni magazine included a ticket application, I have been assuming that tickets have been on sale for a number of weeks already.

LeopardFan04
July 26th, 2006, 02:11 PM
looks good...nice pictures...

Pard4Life
July 26th, 2006, 03:55 PM
looks good...nice pictures...

Engineer91
July 27th, 2006, 07:23 AM
Looking forward to seeing a game at the new stadium.

Do you think the first row or two will be obstructed view with the concourse in front? People milling about and a railing?

carney2
July 27th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Do you think the first row or two will be obstructed view with the concourse in front? People milling about and a railing?

You can only hope so, given what's going to happen to your guys in that stadium.:smiley_wi

Seriously, and with all smack aside, let's hope that the planners engaged their minds before taking pencil in hand. The pictures of the bottom wall of the south (home) stands show a scenario where there should be no obstructed views. I would expect (hope) that the bottom of the north stands is something of a mirror image.

Pard4Life
July 27th, 2006, 08:43 AM
Looking forward to seeing a game at the new stadium.

Excellent point... your username suggests your construction wisdom.. Judging from the photos and walking around, the first few rows will be obstructed if people are walking around or milling by the railing. My guess is they will station an usher or two at the bottom to "keep the area clear". But.. as we have all seen.. the kids like to run around there.

A wise option could have been to drop the concourse level to two feet above the ground.. kind of like it's own dip... and have ramps down to the field. Having the concourse four feet below the bottom of row one would create a 'minor league baseball stadium effect'... a raised seating area with people milling in front not being a distraction.. unless they are 7 feet tall... but with bball schollies coming, that could be a problem :rotateh:

Engineer91
July 27th, 2006, 11:56 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2555&d=1153794825

This is the bottom.. the old wall is now the top of the concourse that extends out pretty far. I origonall guessed 6-7 feet. It looks like 10 feet here.. Don't be decieved, but that wall meeting the field is fairly high and I am standing at the top of stairs. Note the aluminum bleachers in their casing, the stripped hillside, and field.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2556&d=1153794880

I turned around on the stairs here.. the opposite end.. note the wall and how close the field comes to the stands. You can see a better view of the concourse here that I assume will form a circle around the stadium.

Seriously, and with all smack aside, let's hope that the planners engaged their minds before taking pencil in hand. The pictures of the bottom wall of the south (home) stands show a scenario where there should be no obstructed views. I would expect (hope) that the bottom of the north stands is something of a mirror image..

Honestly, no smack intended. Maybe I am misunderstanding the photos above. I think this is the South/Home side. It appears that the first row will have their feet on the concourse. So if there is anyone milling about down there there would be some obstruction. Perhaps there is not much reason to be down there .. refreshments and bathrooms are uphill from there.

Excellent point... your username suggests your construction wisdom.. Judging from the photos and walking around, the first few rows will be obstructed if people are walking around or milling by the railing. My guess is they will station an usher or two at the bottom to "keep the area clear". But.. as we have all seen.. the kids like to run around there.

A wise option could have been to drop the concourse level to two feet above the ground.. kind of like it's own dip... and have ramps down to the field. Having the concourse four feet below the bottom of row one would create a 'minor league baseball stadium effect'... a raised seating area with people milling in front not being a distraction.. unless they are 7 feet tall... but with bball schollies coming, that could be a problem :rotateh:

Lehigh ran into this annoyance when the Snake Pit was renovated. New regulations required a wider concourse in front of the upper stands. When the seats are moved back and the railing added they ended up with two rows of obstructed view. Now at only $3 a seat those seats are not that bad, you have to move your a head around a little to see the whole mat.

carney2
July 27th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Maybe I am misunderstanding the photos above. I think this is the South/Home side. It appears that the first row will have their feet on the concourse. So if there is anyone milling about down there there would be some obstruction.

You and I are seeing the same thing, only different. Earlier in this thread there was a picture posted by Pard4Life that showed stairs leading from your "concourse" to a lower level. (Sorry, but I do not possess the expertise to make that photo magically appear in this space.) My assumption has been, since seeing that photograph, that the stairs lead to the "concourse" and it is not located right in front of the first row of seats as you perceive. Perhaps, however, the stairs only lead to the jogging track and the "concourse" is as you envision it. Next week there is a football gathering in the Alumni Center which is located in the southeast corner of the stadium. Inquiring minds should be able to get these kinds of questions answered. (Unfortunately, you will be dependent on the likes of me.)

Pard4Life
July 27th, 2006, 02:15 PM
You and I are seeing the same thing, only different. Earlier in this thread there was a picture posted by Pard4Life that showed stairs leading from your "concourse" to a lower level. (Sorry, but I do not possess the expertise to make that photo magically appear in this space.) My assumption has been, since seeing that photograph, that the stairs lead to the "concourse" and it is not located right in front of the first row of seats as you perceive. Perhaps, however, the stairs only lead to the jogging track and the "concourse" is as you envision it. Next week there is a football gathering in the Alumni Center which is located in the southeast corner of the stadium. Inquiring minds should be able to get these kinds of questions answered. (Unfortunately, you will be dependent on the likes of me.)

Based upon what I saw, the stairs are leading to the field and jogging track, which will likely be off limits during the game. The concourse is that 10-foot concrete slab extending out fromt he bottom row... so yes the first few rows are obstructed. That's what I can gather from walking around the joint. I don't see why they couldn't drop that walkway down a bit.. check out page 3 again...

p.s. sadly I can't attend the media day... a family members b-day that day

carney2
July 27th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Based upon what I saw, the stairs are leading to the field and jogging track, which will likely be off limits during the game. The concourse is that 10-foot concrete slab extending out fromt he bottom row... so yes the first few rows are obstructed. That's what I can gather from walking around the joint. I don't see why they couldn't drop that walkway down a bit.. check out page 3 again...

p.s. sadly I can't attend the media day... a family members b-day that day

I guess that means that I will need to turn back or burn my tickets if they are in the first few rows. My seat in front of my TV beats the h _ _ l out of an obstructed view or a wrestling match with a drunk.

You will be missed next Wednesday. Does this mean that I will be the Lone Ranger at Q&A time? If yes, c'mon Pards, load my gun. What do you want to know? Night games? What is being done to help Jonathon Hurt hold on to the ball? What does the backup QB situation look like?

Andy
July 27th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Carney, I've not heard anything about a football function on Wednesday. If you would, what's up and how did you hear about it? Is it the rescheduled annual Lehigh Valley Chapter deal where they show the recruit video?

Go...gate
July 27th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Great pictures. It is a terrific renovation/construction job.

carney2
July 27th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Carney, I've not heard anything about a football function on Wednesday. If you would, what's up and how did you hear about it? Is it the rescheduled annual Lehigh Valley Chapter deal where they show the recruit video?

This is the "annual" "Football Forum." It's run by the Lehigh Valley alumni group. I don't recall ever attending, but I am surmising that it is a burger and dog fest at the Alumni Center beginning at 7:00 on Wednesday the 2nd. Tavani will be there and, I assume, some other members of the football family will also be glad handing the attendees. I am guessing that there will be a Q&A. There always is at this type of affair. Don't know about the recruit video.

Andy
July 27th, 2006, 11:46 PM
This is the "annual" "Football Forum." It's run by the Lehigh Valley alumni group. I don't recall ever attending, but I am surmising that it is a burger and dog fest at the Alumni Center beginning at 7:00 on Wednesday the 2nd. Tavani will be there and, I assume, some other members of the football family will also be glad handing the attendees. I am guessing that there will be a Q&A. There always is at this type of affair. Don't know about the recruit video.

Thanks, yeah, that's the event I was referring to. One can usually pick up a free copy of the media guide, they show the recruit video and there IS a Q & A. There was no mention of it in the recent FOLF letter. On the website, the event is still listed as "to be rescheduled" and it promises info to be posted. I'm glad you mentioned it.

Pard4Life
July 28th, 2006, 09:22 AM
I guess that means that I will need to turn back or burn my tickets if they are in the first few rows. My seat in front of my TV beats the h _ _ l out of an obstructed view or a wrestling match with a drunk.

You will be missed next Wednesday. Does this mean that I will be the Lone Ranger at Q&A time? If yes, c'mon Pards, load my gun. What do you want to know? Night games? What is being done to help Jonathon Hurt hold on to the ball? What does the backup QB situation look like?

Maybe you will be the lone AGS ranger at the function, unless Andy attends. Too bad..

But some questions...
-definetely ask about night games and field progress, and will there be any ceremonies? or is that next year?
-ask how the LB and secondary is progressing/will look
-Maurer's health?
-the Ivy-Colgate hex? What's the approach this year?
-how hungry are the Pards? no outright title yet after all...
-is the OL going to gell early? going to be reshuffling? gonig to avoid last year's problems?
-a consistent punter?

...well that's some quick food for thought, i'll leave it at that..

Andy
July 28th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Webcam---BLEACHERS!:)

Pard4Life
July 28th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Webcam---BLEACHERS!:)

Cool... too bad Axis Media Control doesn't want to work here..

Calif_Colonial
July 29th, 2006, 03:41 PM
I just checked out the jpegs on the Leopards vs Columbia game last year in October on the Lafayette web site. WOW!, what a day in the rain and muck! NO more. Won't have to worry or deal with that after the new field turf will be laid down. I have been to games (FieldTurf surface) with rain the day before and during the game. The way the field's drainage works and the footing the players have. I did not see any plays where players lost their footing and the weather had an impact on the outcome of the game.

Pard you will really enjoy that new surface.

:thumbsup:

carney2
July 30th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Maybe you will be the lone AGS ranger at the function, unless Andy attends. Too bad..

But some questions...
-definetely ask about night games and field progress, and will there be any ceremonies? or is that next year?
-ask how the LB and secondary is progressing/will look
-Maurer's health?
-the Ivy-Colgate hex? What's the approach this year?
-how hungry are the Pards? no outright title yet after all...
-is the OL going to gell early? going to be reshuffling? gonig to avoid last year's problems?
-a consistent punter?

...well that's some quick food for thought, i'll leave it at that..

Thanks for the input. Your questions are pretty much in agreement with mine. I will shade some a little differently, however. For instance, I am not nearly as concerned about Maurer's health as I am about the backup situation. If Maurer has health issues on the 30th of July, this is going to be a very long year indeed, and I don't really want to know about it.

Anyway, Frank's nightmares will definitely include me after Wednesday. Not one "softball" will be lobbed his way from my direction. I will report back.

Pard4Life
July 31st, 2006, 08:52 AM
I just checked out the jpegs on the Leopards vs Columbia game last year in October on the Lafayette web site. WOW!, what a day in the rain and muck! NO more. Won't have to worry or deal with that after the new field turf will be laid down. I have been to games (FieldTurf surface) with rain the day before and during the game. The way the field's drainage works and the footing the players have. I did not see any plays where players lost their footing and the weather had an impact on the outcome of the game.

Pard you will really enjoy that new surface.

:thumbsup:

True, the field will be in much better condition and players will be able to play, but that still doesn't have much of an effect on the conditions in the stands! :rotateh: Never will forget that game... I was soaked in two minutes and my shoes were a lake.. rain was so heavy visibility was about a quarter mile. It took me until evening to dry out. The field never recovered after that game though and was a mud/sand pit the rest of the year.