PDA

View Full Version : North Dakota State Bomb Threat

TheEagleWay
September 14th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Not sure if this belongs here.

Just noticed it at the front page of Foxnews alonge side with news out of University of Texas - Austin of a bomb threat.

Anyone in Fargo hearing anything?

moosbah
September 14th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Not sure if this belongs here.

Just noticed it at the front page of Foxnews alonge side with news out of University of Texas - Austin of a bomb threat.

Anyone in Fargo hearing anything?

Campus is being evacuated as we speak.

Sam_Kats
U of Texas has evacuated all buildings. NDSU is said to have done the same thing. Thoughts & prayers are with both schools, staffs & all involved.

TheEagleWay
Campus is being evacuated as we speak.

I pray its just a sick hoax. My thoughts and prayers are with ya'll.

moosbah
September 14th, 2012, 10:44 AM
There better be a severe *** beating for this sort of crap.

TheEagleWay
September 14th, 2012, 10:44 AM
North Dakota State University in Fargo, N.D., also ordered a campus evacuation Friday morning. But it was unclear whether the two evacuations were related.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/09/14/university-texas-orders-evacuation-citing-threats/

TheEagleWay
September 14th, 2012, 10:45 AM
"University of Texas director of communications Rhonda Weldon says the university received a call about 8:35 a.m. from a man claiming to be with Al Qaeda. The man said he'd placed bombs all over the campus that would go off in 90 minutes

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/09/14/university-texas-orders-evacuation-citing-threats/#ixzz26SY3h9mv"

MR. CHICKEN
September 14th, 2012, 10:46 AM
16816......COLORADAH STATE LADS...........REVENGE.......FO' SCUDDIN' UP DEY'RE STADIUM....WHIFF BISON PIES....;)...AWK!

TheRevSFA
September 14th, 2012, 10:49 AM
"University of Texas director of communications Rhonda Weldon says the university received a call about 8:35 a.m. from a man claiming to be with Al Qaeda. The man said he'd placed bombs all over the campus that would go off in 90 minutes

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/09/14/university-texas-orders-evacuation-citing-threats/#ixzz26SY3h9mv"

I'm sure they misheard the call. They meant to say A&M and they hear Al-Qaeda...and by bombs, they mean more "This is SEC country" billboards.

bluehenbillk
September 14th, 2012, 10:52 AM
In the NDSU case it's probably a sore loser GSU fan.....

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 14th, 2012, 10:55 AM
100% chance when somebody calls in and tells you a bomb is going to go off it wont.

McVeigh didnt make a call did he?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Laker
September 14th, 2012, 11:10 AM
100% chance when somebody calls in and tells you a bomb is going to go off it wont.

McVeigh didnt make a call did he?

I'm wondering when in US history that someone has called in and a bomb DID go off. Someone will chime in if it has. The thing is, you can't take the chance, you have to take it seriously.

AmsterBison
September 14th, 2012, 11:16 AM
There were two bomb hoaxes earlier in the week in the Fargo area.

Somebody is off his or her meds.

Laker
September 14th, 2012, 11:20 AM

A few years ago someone was calling bomb threats in to New Ulm High School on nice spring days. The second time they called in they told the students to take their books for their afternoon classes and walk over to the hockey rink. They held classes there for the rest of the day. That was the last bomb threat called in.............

Lehigh Football Nation
September 14th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Scary stuff. Thoughts and prayers go out to everyone at UT and NDSU.

Gringer1
September 14th, 2012, 11:46 AM
What are the odds that he mistakenly sent the bombs to UND?

TheRevSFA
September 14th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Not in US history, but the IRA bombed Manchester, and phoned the police to let them know. 80k people were evacuated

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_Manchester_bombing

Bogus Megapardus
September 14th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Has anyone seen or heard from MplsBison?

darell1976
September 14th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Earlier this week bomb threats were made to Fargo's Hector Int'l airport, and the Byron Dorgan Terminal in Grand Forks. I hope they find the bastard doing this.

Vitojr130
September 14th, 2012, 12:33 PM

Yup. One at Hector International Airport about a mile from campus and one up in Grand Forks at their airport. I bet it's the same person and I hope they get a severe a$$ whoopin'.

Edit: I really should read the entire thread before posting... w/e haha

Professor Chaos
September 14th, 2012, 12:37 PM
It's just a bomb threat... it's not like it's something serious like forging signatures on a petition. I hope the Fargo Forum and KFGO get back to digging up more dirt on the real story soon... /sarcasm

Vitojr130
September 14th, 2012, 12:50 PM
It's just a bomb threat... it's not like it's something serious like forging signatures on a petition. I hope the Fargo Forum and KFGO get back to digging up more dirt on the real story soon... /sarcasm

McFeely will probably just come up with some made up story about how this is just somebody disgruntled with how their favorite petitions got thrown out and is trying to take revenge on the players by forcing them to not practice this afternoon

DJKyR0
September 14th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Campus re-opens at one and classes an hour later after a completed sweep by police that came up dry. Guess I'm not the only one that didn't want to go to Ottoman History at noon.

BluBengal07
September 14th, 2012, 12:58 PM
well, anyways, a bomb threat and a educational institution shouldn't be together. (like any location)

T-Dog
September 14th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Guess I'm not the only one that didn't want to go to Ottoman History at noon.

Yeah you should have taken a history class of a Far East culture. Much more interesting.

I was working a student film at ASU when we got word of a live gunman on campus a few years ago and was holed up with 5 others in a projection room for 90 minutes. We had all sorts of news helicopters flying over campus. Freaky stuff.

citdog
September 14th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Guess I'm not the only one that didn't want to go to Ottoman History at noon.

bloodthirsty turks!

Laker
September 14th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Campus re-opens at one and classes an hour later after a completed sweep by police that came up dry. Guess I'm not the only one that didn't want to go to Ottoman History at noon.

Don't you get to talk about the harems???

Gil Dobie
September 14th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Some didn't want to take the Friday quiz.

darell1976
September 14th, 2012, 05:29 PM
UND got a call from BBC America about the bomb scare at UND.....I guess they can't tell the difference between the two schools either.

Pard4Life
September 14th, 2012, 05:42 PM
If there is an actual bomb, they don't phone it in. Some idiot...

TheBisonator
September 14th, 2012, 09:01 PM
bloodthirsty turks!

Yes, us Turks are quite bloodthirsty

(I'm a dual citizen)

Twentysix
September 15th, 2012, 01:11 AM
Wow, the local news paper is usally pretty terrible but this is...

Poll

Do you think NDSU President Dean Bresciani was correct to order a full-campus evacuation?

Yes

No

344Johnson
September 15th, 2012, 01:30 AM
16816......COLORADAH STATE LADS...........REVENGE.......FO' SCUDDIN' UP DEY'RE STADIUM....WHIFF BISON PIES....;)...AWK!

Not in US history, but the IRA bombed Manchester, and phoned the police to let them know. 80k people were evacuated

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_Manchester_bombing

At least the IRA had a reason. Irish freedom is one thing, can't imagine what North Dakota has done to anyone outside of the a**beating at Montana State, the beatings of Lehigh, JMU, GaSo, and SHSU. Is it wrong that I assume someone from Penn, Virginia, or Georgia did this? ;)

darell1976
September 15th, 2012, 07:17 AM
And so far 4 people don't think an evacuation should have happened. Some people are just idiots. I think the president did the right thing.

http://www.inforum.com/

Do you think NDSU President Dean Bresciani was correct to order a full-campus evacuation?

Results

Votes

Yes
82 (90.1%)

No
4 ( 4.4%)

Don't know
5 ( 5.5%)
Total Votes: 91

Laker
September 15th, 2012, 07:27 AM
And so far 4 people don't think an evacuation should have happened. Some people are just idiots. I think the president did the right thing.

http://www.inforum.com/

Can you imagine the uproar if there really was a bomb and people were killed? They would demand his resignation and probably charge him with neglect of duty.

darell1976
September 15th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Can you imagine the uproar if there really was a bomb and people were killed? They would demand his resignation and probably charge him with neglect of duty.

Exactly. Maybe 1 out of those 4 people who voted no in the poll is the one who called in the bomb scare.

LakesBison
September 15th, 2012, 01:05 PM
I AM DA BOMB! Missed you guys, new and improved LAKESBISON. BISON BOMB SHOTS ON ME DOWNTOWN FARGO TONIGHT...

BisonBabe
September 15th, 2012, 02:19 PM
I AM DA BOMB! Missed you guys, new and improved LAKESBISON. BISON BOMB SHOTS ON ME DOWNTOWN FARGO TONIGHT...

My friend if I took you up on that your pocket book would be much lighter :)